• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ― 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠

Characters
Here

hee-jeon

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

btob

friend

The fact that Moon-Young didn't recognize him, didn't know it was him at all, was pulling and tearing at Hee-Jun's heartstrings. It wasn't as if he expected her to recognize him, not when he'd changed so much since they'd last seen each other, but there was some tiny, minuscule hope that she'd realize that one of her former best friends was standing right in front of her.

He was completely torn; part of him wanted to say fuck it and just tell her, but the other part knew that it would be a very bad idea. He was just as bad as Tae-Won in this whole situation, abandoning and cutting off all ties with her to go run a gang they both had no interest in. He didn't want to but knew he needed to follow his best friend since diapers, and since said diaper friend was cutting ties, he had to as well.

It was hard. The whole abandoning thing that is. His and Tae-Won's little double trouble duo became a trio when Moon-Young came along in middle school as their new friend and newly-proclaimed mediator, her with the unfortunate duty of having to break up all of the stupid fight the two boys caused. Even when TaeMoon started dating, nothing changed. They never made Hee-Jun feel awkward and he had no issue third wheeling. They were a trio for life.

Except they weren't. Not anymore. And you can thank the Iron Dragons for that.

"Hey Moon-Young, it's me Hee-Jun, your former best friend. Remember me?"

Yeah, that would go oh so well. He'd be lucky to escape with a single punch to the face and knowing her, it would be much more than that. It wasn't as if it wasn't deserved—it was completely deserved. He and Tae-Won just left her high and dry and disappeared. If the roles were were reversed, he'd be absolutely furious. He was honestly quite surprised that Tae-Won hadn't been hospitalized for weeks already after the two of them had a little reunion. So it was definitely not a good time to tell her that he was that scrawny, baby-faced boy who used to do flips off of the playground monkey bars in middle school. Not now. Maybe when Tae-Won had recovered.

Hee-Jun was saved from his internal dilemma by sleep and ended up completely knocked out on the chair he was sitting in until he was woken by one of the lower ranked members telling him that the leader was awake. Getting to his feet silently, he walked over to the medical part of the building to go assess just what they were dealing with. Walking in, he expected Tae-Won to be half asleep and out of it, but that wasn't the case. He was actually awake and alert, albeit a little tired looking.

"Thought you'd be dead."

"Wow you're so funny."

"She's here, Tae-Won."

"Who's here? Spit it out."

"Moonie. Moonie's here, in the living room."

"Why is she here?"

"I think it's best if she tells you that."

And if he couldn't get Moon-Young in this room to retell it herself, then he'd do it. Though he did have a feeling that even if he did get her in this room, she still wouldn't speak so he'd be telling regardless, but whatever. Exiting the room, Hee-Jun headed back to the living room to tell her the news, making an apologetic expression when she jumped from him touching her shoulder.

"It was nice meeting you. Let's not meet again."

But you already know me, have known me for years. Despite the pain of those words, he didn't let them show on his face. "Unless you have a keycard or know the code, I don't think you'll be going anytime soon." They needed one or the other to get both in and out of the floor, blame it on the stupid security Tae-Won's father installed. Since she had neither, he knew she wouldn't be going anywhere. "We both know he's awake. Either you tell him why you're here or I will. You'll still end up talking to him regardless."

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

moon-young

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Christina Novelli

Concrete Angel

talk. right, just like tae-won had done before disappearing from the face of the earth - oh, wait... moon-young did not like the way her escape got blockaded by this person, hated how he acted like she owed her ex an explanation. she didn't. not when he had been the silent one, leaving no words, no syllables, she could cling to in the heart-break of it all. not when he became a ghost while she was still spending the night dreaming about quiet laughter under setting suns, soft kisses in moonlight, and starlit smiles.

tae-won shouldn't be the one demanding conversations, nor should this other gang member act as if he knew her, or that ruined relationship. sure, it was not entirely implausible for her ex to have spilled some details about their past to those around him, but moon-young doubted they knew the whole story. for all she knew, he could have painted her as a fleeting present meant to be left behind in a past, or worse ― someone not even worth the remembrance. it sure felt like he counted her infinite love and decided upon a number, telling himself he would only love her back to that point. as if it didn't matter how much it would break her apart. as if he didn't know that, despite the shattered heart and weeping blood, she'd still miss him in her bones. but they didn't know or care about that, did they? tae-won was their grand leader after all, and she, only the ex.

"what a joke..." she muttered under her breathe, fingernails digging into her palm. expelling a tired sigh, moon-young nodded. "fine...i'll go see him." came her response, words terse and unwilling.

the walk towards the room was slow, though she didn't know whether it were her steps or tension that slowed time. truth was, there was a shadow of the unknown awaiting her at the end of this walk, and it scared her. moon-young would like to say she knew what would happen, but she didn't. her ex had become a stranger, one with an empire built on crimes and death. this place was nothing but a haven for the racketeers and renegades. moon-young was nothing but an outsider, and while her past might have borrowed her time, it couldn't buy her a future. at least not with the way tae-won had so mercilessly abandoned her back then.

[ she wondered, lungs still, if this quiet in her was a beginning or an end. ]

moon-young opened the door and entered the room. swimming in currents, water dark as their shadows, emotions collided like waves; relief, frustration, anger, fear ― they all rippled into each other. the tide was high, yet all she could do, what she willed herself to do, was to keep those stormy seas inside, and look her demise in the eyes. calm but glacial.

"you want to know why i'm here," she started, taking a step closer. " fine. i was there with the vipers right until you got fucking shot. after that i went with your gang and tried to help stop the bleeding in the car - you're welcome for that, by the way - got blood all over my sweater... and now i'm here because your driver won't let me leave before telling you all this." she took a sharp breathe, eyes averting. "oh, and i might have shot the viper who shot you..." the image of a crumbling body flashed before her eyes, the sensation of adrenaline high, along with the tremble of a finger pressed down on the trigger. a shiver runs down her spine.

moon-young shook her head, before releasing a sigh. crossing her arms, she allowed her gaze to fall back to her ex.

"so that's it. that's the story. do what you want with it."

it's not like I can expect anything else.

♡coded by uxie♡

tae-won

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

blackbear

@ my worst

If anyone had told him how much being shot sucked, Tae-Won probably would have been a little more cautious before throwing himself to the wolves back there. It wasn't that it hurt a lot (it did a little but he was on such an adrenaline high at the time he barely felt it), rather, he just hated being tied down to a bed with all of these tubes and wires attached to him. He also hated the completely unflattering clothing he was stuffed into and wouldn't be caught dead wearing this outside of the room.

He'd been awake for around half an hour and so far he'd had a nonstop stream of visitors that he didn't want. The only welcomed visitor was the doctor and somewhat Hee-Jun, though the latter made it a point to make fun of his outfit and let him know that he bled all over his multi-million won car. After that lovely little relay of information, Tae-Won just wanted to be done with visitors.

Thinking it was yet another unwanted visitor when his door opened for the thousandth time, he didn't bother opening his eyes and interrupting the little daze he'd fallen into. But when there was still silence after a minute, they snapped open. And holy fucking shit, what the hell was she doing here? Why was Moon-Young in his hospital room? Why was she even in the penthouse? How did she get here? Before he could even begin to think about how to ask these questions, they were answered for him. He didn't interrupt when she explained everything which was something in and of a miracle itself.

The non-interrupting continued well past the end of Moon-Young's little spiel, the silence blossoming between the two seeming to drag on for minutes. Finally, he broke it. "You what?" was all he managed to say. Vipers, went with Dragons, driver, shot Viper. These words were just spinning around and around in his head, none of them managing to make a lick of sense. He didn't give a shit about the sweater since he could easily buy her a new one, so he just ignored that part. Plus, the rest of it mattered way more.

"May I ask why you were with the Vipers?" Tae-Won began, voice an eerie calm. "Was this some kind of sick joke to you... join the Vipers to get back at me? They're one of the most dangerous gangs in the city, Moon-Young!" And look how it all backfired. On both of them. "And you shot one of them? Fuck!" He angrily ran his hand through his hair, jolting the IV and the other wires attached to him. "Do you have any idea of the magnitude of the problem you just caused?"

Deep down, he was kind of pleased that she still cared enough about him to shoot someone who shot him but the fear he now felt for her outweighed all of it. Plus, she didn't have to shoot them. Any of the Dragons could have done it, could've shot the Viper that hit their leader. "They're going to be after you now," As if she didn't already know that, "so you're going to have to stay here for the time being until we can figure out a security detail." He knew she'd never go for a bodyguard so they'd have to arrange people to guard her house. Getting her to stay here would also be difficult but considering he knew she couldn't exactly leave, it wouldn't be as much of a problem.

But then he remembered something else. Driver. "My driver won't let you leave?" he repeated. "Who are you talking about? I don't have a driver."

♡coded by uxie♡

moon-young

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

(G)-IDLE

HANN

"Do you have any idea of the magnitude of the problem you just caused?"

tae-won's anger burst like sparks, singeing but never quite burning all the way. in a way, it was like touching a flame after being abandoned by cold hands of love ; moon-young welcomed it in the same breathe she despised it. for her ex to portray more emotions about his empire built on bodies and bones of crime than the person he made planets of only to desire space . . . it inspired a new kind of inferno. it should not surprise her that much, nor could she consider this as a betrayal since all they were was each other's past, and yet, it consumed her.

a scorching pit was blossoming inside her chest, bubbling up like a volcano on the cusp of erupting. each and every cinder held memories, memories of what could never be again, memories moon-young wished she could sink back right into his bones. growing inside was a wildfire, begging to run rampant until she was left merciless and hollow. moon-young hated the way her emotions danced around his very presence, hated how, in the end, she always ended up losing the most. gone was rationality in favor of spite ― oh, and how easily composure shattered to have a tongue pierced with glass. moon-young hated him. hated how he pretended to even care.

"so you're going to have to stay here for the time being until we can figure out a security detail."

"we??" she repeated, letting out a bitter laugh. "there is no 'we' in this,, nor do you have to pretend to care. we both know that you are more concerned about how my involvement affects your 'business' -" hot embers sparked at the edges of her words, and moon-young had to swallow them before she choked on the smoke. whether tae-won extended this offer of protection because she just saved his life or because he wanted to keep her close lest her mouth would run about their crime scene outside the underworld ― it didn't matter. she'd be a fool to allow that cold in her life again. maybe it was time to just burn this bridge; let the kerosene kiss it on the lips and watch it turn to ash.

after all, there was more than one way to cross the water.

"look, i take responsibility for being there and shooting the viper, so i'll deal with it on my own, okay? i'm leaving in the morning so you can tell those vipers you have already gotten rid off me if they come bothering you." moon-young did not want to exactly stay the night here, but there was not much of a choice. exhaustion was really starting to sink in now that the adrenaline had left, and if she were to escape getting caught by vipers, a clear mind was definitely favourable.

moon-young furrowed her eyebrows when tae-won told her he didn't have a driver. then, who was that guy?? eh, whatever. she didn't have the energy to deal with it. she shook her head and sighed. "never mind. i'm going."

moon-young opened the door, only to catch the face of the driver hovering real close to the now opened door. definitely eavesdropping. definitely too tired to care.

"oh, look. it's the driver." she pulled the guy by the shirt so taewon could see his face. her head then turned to the guy, her voice falling to a whisper. "say,, what's the room furthest away from here?"

♡coded by uxie♡

tae-won

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

sam kim

love me like that

Oh, this was so not going down the way Tae-Won intended. Considering getting shot wasn't on his agenda for this evening, none of this was going the way he intended. But this conversation in particular was heading south way too quickly for his liking.

The first order of business was to get his anger under control, because no matter how much it sounded otherwise, his anger was not directed at Moon-Young. It was more towards himself and the Serpents that would certainly be after her now. Okay, yes, he was a little upset that she joined his rival group to spite him, but he definitely understood where she was coming from. After all, this was entirely his fault.

"There is absolutely a 'we' in this," he started, working hard to keep his tone even. "You shot the guy that shot me. I got shot, you shot him. My rival group is now after you. There's for sure a 'we' in this." Though his explanation sucked, Tae-Won was certain this concerned the both of them. She shot someone that shot him. He was hurt, she was in danger. They were both in this together.

A sharp intake of breath was heard as she said the next sentence because ouch. Despite not showing it, he did care. Has cared since the moment he was forced into this role, has cared since the moment he let her go. This big-bad wolf act was just that; an act. But it was one he absolutely needed to perform to his greatest ability. "I don't give a damn about the Dragons right now," And even though his tone was calm, the heart rate monitor attached to him started beeping more rapidly, signaling he was anything but. "What I do give a damn about is the fact that the Serpents next target is you, and they rarely miss."

He was about ready to rip his hair out but somehow remained motionless on the bed. There was no way she was "dealing with it on her own". Even if she thought she was, he'd still have people there in secret to guard and protect her. At the comment about leaving in the morning, Tae-Won just snorted but didn't say anything. Since she was here talking to him probably against her will, he figured she already knew about the fact that she couldn't leave the place without a code or keycard. She wasn't leaving in the morning, but dream on, babe.

His mouth remained shut as Moon-Young announced her departure and made her way towards the door since he knew nothing he said could make her stay. Then Hee-Jun was yanked into the room (Tae-Won already knowing and not giving a shit that he was overheard) and the pieces fit together. Hee-Jun must have driven his car back here after he got shot and she figured Junny was his driver. But the fact that she called him "the driver" instead of Hee-Jun caused his brows to furrow and shoot his second a suspicious look. So he hadn't told her who he really was, how he was the last piece of the estranged golden trio? Well, it was Hee-Jun's ass on the line, not his own.

"Turn left out of here, go down the hall, make a right and there's a bunch of rooms to choose from." Hee-Jun whispered back. They had a bunch of rooms here that always went unused since he and Tae-Won lived on the upper floor. He waited until she left and shut the door, turning to Tae-Won right after with raised brows.

The leader just mirrored his look. "So, not gonna tell her who you really are?" he asked, and watched as it was waved off in dismissal.

"In due time," Hee-Jun responded. "The two of you just started talking again. How do you think she'd feel if I were to suddenly be like 'surprise, it's me, I've too come back from the dead'? Yeah, I'd like to keep my head on my shoulders for now, thanks."

♡coded by uxie♡

moon-young

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

SUNMI

Gashina

the little sleep moon-young had gotten was one of twisted dreams, its nightmare landscape dark and dooming. with a trembling heart and flickering flame, her sole figure made its way through the unlit hallway. guided by worry and followed by dread, bare feet shuffled across the cold tiles. the chasmic silence surrounding her harbored a coldness of its own, touching her skin and staining it blue.

the hall was endless, until it wasn't.

a heavy door appeared, greeting her soul with a low creak as it opened before her. two shadows materialized in the dim-lit room, their figures outlined by strips of moonlight, face to face, gun to gun. the weight grows,, but time never slows. one heartbeat, one familiar flash of a face smiling - taewon - then dashed, red, fear.

a gunshot ―

bitter and disconsolate piercing through heaven and hell,,

a scream that leaves the soul but not the body.

moon-young had thought to wash it all away under the shower, had hoped the terror trembling of the heart would seep out along with all the dirt and sweat. it didn't, and it's kind of funny, moon-young bitterly thought, that this ghost haunted her more now he has come back to life. his existence was a palace turned ruins ― a relic of the past she let time bury in its depths. the wisps of memories sweet and shattered had slowly left this plane, making place for a sense of peace. moon-young had finally made a ghost of him, had accepted his disappearance was one meant to be as permanent as death.

so why did he come back?

scaring her with another close loss she should not fear, bearing those words sounding infuriatingly close to care. how dare he, after slipping away like the night, come back and settle right into her bones again, shaking her foundation and cracking its armor. moon-young did not quite know what to do in this situation, but knew she could not let history repeat itself. trust, something he asked of her by wanting to shackle the two together again, was not something she could give. not when those ties were burned by his absence ― not when it would open gates to emotions she couldn't, wouldn't, let herself drown in again.

she had to go.

resolution clear, moon-young made her move. 'lending' some spare clothes from the closet of the guest room, she got dressed before grabbing everything she arrived here with. old clothes? check. apartment keys? check. phone? che- the slight buzz and lighting up of the screen gave her pause. a message notification popped up, along with the picture of her sweet ajumma neighbor.

전 효춘
moon-young-ah, have you had breakfast yet? i hope you are well since i noticed you didn't come home last night. a group of men came knocking on my door this morning asking about you. they told me they were your friends? is that true? i told them i don't know where you are, but that you will probably be home soon. please take care of yourself and don't let your friends worry!

there was a buzz in the air; an electric charge akin to a flare lighting up the roadway to death. echoes of danger occupied the chambers of the mind, the feeling of cold steel against skin and dark crimson dripping. chills ran down her spine as the omen whispered into her ear; ''are you ready to take your last breath? " hope dwindled as a new reality grabbed her by the throat, its fingers digging in and catching blood. the world suddenly became a lot smaller, fate's cage bounding her.

【 moon-young wanted to scream. 】

it was only after a solid ten minutes of cursing everything in heaven, hell and everything in between that moon-young accepted the poor choice she had to make. it was either poor or poorer, and she begrudgingly attached the former to this space of her ex. she might want nothing to do with him, but dying by the hands of the vipers was a fate even more horrid than being imprisoned here. ugh. she hated having to play along with tae-won again. well, they could suffer together; moon-young was not about to endure all of this quietly. if he wanted an ex, he will get an ex.

a hell of one at that.

the door of his room slammed open as she barged in. his face briefly warped into the haunting image she'd experienced in her nightmare, the ghost's smile briefly cracking her hardened gaze. the heart started to feel a bit too heavy, the weight of last night's memories sinking in. pale...he was so pale. moon-young quickly tried to dispel those lingering sentiments, burying them all somewhere dark and distant.

she cleared her throat.

"Ah you're awake. good." channel your inner bitch moon-young. "give me some money."

she laid her palm open to him. " I know you aren't just going to let me go, but since I can't go home yet, I will be needing some essentials for the meantime, including new outfits. And, since you are so insistent on me staying here, you wouldn't mind paying for it, right?" she tilted her head slightly, fake smile on her lips. "So let me go on a quick shopping trip, security and all. Is your driver guy free? He can drive me."

♡coded by uxie♡

tae-won

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

dallask & lauv

try again

”They’ve already been to her house.”

Trying to process anything through the fog of sleep was proving near impossible. Blinking and shaking his head to try and clear everything out quicker, Tae-Won just stared at Hee-Jun. Well, good morning to you too, he thought, though instead just said ”what?”

”They’ve already been to her house,” Hee-Jun repeated as if Tae-Won was an idiot (which he kind of was).

”And how do you know that?” the leader wondered, just staring at his subordinate.

”I put a cloning and spy bug on her phone last night while she was in the shower,” he explained. ”I’m not going through her phone, don’t worry. All I’m doing is looking for messages from unknown numbers, from known Serpents members or just texts that seemed random.”

Tae-Won didn’t even have time to marvel at all of this before the Junny continued, ”and get this—her neighbor who hardly ever texts her sent a message a few minutes ago saying that random men came to her, the neighbor’s, door asking where Moon-Young was. It was them, they know.”

Normally, he’d yell at Hee-Jun for going behind his back and doing something like this but since it concerned his ex’s safety and has actually proved helpful so far, he wasn’t mad. ”Find out where she lives and see if they have security cameras. If so, hack into the ones on the correct floor and do everything you can to find out who these men are. We need to know if they’re Serpents or not.”

With a nod and salute, and middle finger from the leader, the second in command quickly departed from the room, shutting the door behind him. Tae-Won sighed loudly and fell back against the pillows, closing his eyes.

Hee-Jun had been gone for all of two minutes when the door was yet again thrown open and banged loudly against the wall. ”What the fuck,” he muttered, eyes popping open and coming face to face with Moon-Young.

Then he just blinked at her request. ”Excuse the shit out of me, but what?” Yes, he had more money than he knew what to do with but it was very unusual for her to make demands like that. But as she continued on, he knew she had a point. She would need things if she were to stay here.

”Fair enough,” he mumbled, ”and like I said before, he’s not my driver because I don’t have a driver.” Though he had a feeling she’d continue to call Hee-Jun his driver no matter what he said. ”But no, he’s not free. He’s doing a job for me right now.” He’d probably be done soon, but Tae-Won didn’t say that.

♡coded by uxie♡

moon-young

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

kacey musgraves

justified

moon-young was surprised to find tae-won complying with her request for money so easily; if their past encounters had highlighted anything, it was how stubborn the two of them were. she, unstoppable in her ways of gathering the truth he'd taken with him, and he, relentless in his resolution of keeping her out and away. perhaps that was part of the reason why her ex disappeared without a word; the knowledge that she'd cling to the good of the heart no matter how poisonous the rest of him was sitting too heavily on his shoulders. the passing thought softened and hardened her all the same. it wasn't wrong per say, as she would've easily brought down heaven or raise hell with him in those days, but it didn't make everything right either. taewon still broke her heart and bruised her soul, still decided no words were better than any when they were everything. therefore, moon-young still hated him, hated because she remembered it too well, hated because anything else was too complicated.

”But no, he’s not free. He’s doing a job for me right now.”

well, that was disappointing. moon-young did not have the energy or will to argue about it, though she couldn't let it completely go either. she could not quite pin it, but something about the driver gave her a sense of comfort, or, well, as much as comfort as one could have around a gang member. the driver bore an aura moon-young could only describe as odd familiarity, one she could not rationalize or ignore. it was almost as if their presences had met before, which cultivated a new sprout of questions. there was no one similar in appearance enough to match both a memory of the past and familiarity of the present, except maybe.... moon-young quickly let the name fall from the mind before it could stick around.

no, it could not be him.

"a job, huh... well, that's okay. i have the time to wait." she responded, "just wire me some money and we'll go when he's free."

a sharp smile graced her lips.

"where is his room? i'll wait there- or, never mind, i feel like you aren't going to tell me. i'll find it myself." moon-young waved as she turned around again to exit the room. if taewon thought she'd spend more time than the absolute bare minimum with him here, he might have to get his head checked for injuries.

clasping her hands together, she let out a hum, her eyes travelling across the corridor. the glass windows revealed a carpet of clouds beneath the sun, keeping the world below in shadows while the top bathed in golden light. it was a beautiful picture mirroring an ugly world, one she could, ashamedly in thought, get used to for a passing moment. shaking her head at herself, moon-young let out a sigh. it was a silly thought and there were more pressing matters at hand. like finding that driver guy's room, for example.

the search took less time and effort than expected. a few questions around and someone eventually pointed her to the room, which was not too far away from the one her ex was in. standing in front of the door, moon-young could hear a faint noise. placing her ear closer, the muffled sound turned a bit clearer, distinguishing itself as voices. was he already back from the job? moon-young politely knocked on the door and stepped back upon hearing some additional shuffles. when the door opened, revealing the person she was looking for, she awkwardly waved, before clearing her throat.

"hi, taewon told me you were doing a job for him. are you already done with that? i need to go buy some essentials and know he won't let me out without a bodyguard-" her gaze traveled to over his shoulder to the bright coloured movement. the tv flickered, displaying scenes from...how to train your dragon??

"uh, unless you are too...busy...?"

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

hee-jeon

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

valley

like 1999

TAE-WON

"Just wire me some money."

Yeah, no. While that would be easy and made sense in most cases, it didn't make sense for this one. First of all, he didn't know how much would be spent on this shopping spree. While he hoped it wouldn't be an exorbitant amount, Tae-Won could never be sure. Girls tended to exceed his expectations when it came to clothes shopping and he didn't want to not send enough. So wiring was out of the option.

That left credit card. He had zero desire to give her his personal card, a card that was made of matte black metal and very heavy, his baby for all intents and purposes. So then there was one; the company card. This card was linked to the Dragons bank account and pretty much had unlimited amounts available for Moon-Young's spending spree, so that would be the card used. Hee-Jun also had a copy and he assumed the second would know to use this card when she came storming in demanding clothes and money.

Tae-Won was going to tell her where Hee-Jun's office was but she was gone before he could get the words out.

HEE-JUN

It didn't take long for Hee-Jun to do some digging and find out Moon-Young's address. Once he had that, he entered the building's address into the security software that he used and pulled up the footage from the building's cameras with ease. It took a while to comb through and find the right time, but once he did, he watched the interactions through narrowed eyes.

If one thing was clear, it was that these men were idiots. Just showing up to a random old lady's house in broad daylight, not bothering to try to hide their identities. He was pretty sure he'd seen one of them before with the Serpents but not the others, so Junny captured their images and sent them through facial recognition software. A few minutes later and his earlier suspicions were confirmed—these were Serpents, they knew where she lived and they were after her.

After sending some texts to Tae-Won, Hee-Jun realized he had a good bit of time to kill until he was needed again. He didn't feel like going to talk to or hang out with the leader in the slightest so he decided to spend the time watching a movie, How to Train Your Dragon, to be exact. He was a decent way through the movie when there was a knock at the door.

Confused, Hee-Jun paused the movie and got up, opening the door. He opened his mouth to greet Moon-Young but was cut off instantly. "I was doing a job for him, yes," he started once she finished speaking, "but I'm finished. And bodyguard? He's making me your bodyguard?" Sure, he could fight better than the rest of the Dragons but being a bodyguard was not on his to-do list for today. They had a bunch of guys who specialized in just this, but he understood why Tae-Won wanted him to go if he himself couldn't be there.

After all, they did have a history together, despite her still not knowing it was him. "Not busy," Hee-Jun said, shaking his head. "but would you be okay with waiting until the movie is over? Its been my favorite ever since it was released eleven years ago and I haven't had a chance to watch it in a while until now and. . . . yeah. You can watch it with me if you want, or I can come find you when it's over?"

There was no way he was leaving now. Not when Toothless was on screen.

♡coded by uxie♡

moon-young

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

mamamoo

dingga

"but would you be okay with waiting until the movie is over? Its been my favorite ever since it was released eleven years ago and I haven't had a chance to watch it in a while until now and. . . . yeah. You can watch it with me if you want, or I can come find you when it's over?"

the words pass through the mindscape one by one, its information touching a land of familiarity moon-young could not shake. there were faint echoes trembling in the air, like a distant memory being called upon from its depths. a sense of nostalgia coloured the passages those words took, colours moon-young tried to find a beginning in. why did this ring so familiar? moments of present and past filtered through the mind, searching for the link that could click it all together.

how to tame your dragon, favourite movie-

an image sparked at the flow of thoughts, one painting a boy smiling bright and innocent. the spark turned to flames, and memories half-buried spread around rapidly like fire. absorbed into the past, moon-young experienced it all again; those halcyon days spent on golden laughter and jeweled adventures. she recalled the mischief of two boys, pulling her into their antics, could see those movie nights under warm covers and surrounded by snacks. it was a happy time, one she could now only remember with the picture of a trio.

"hee-jun.."
the name slipped past her, tone soft and melancholic. he was not one she could forget, though the memories had turned more distant and blurry with time. there had been a time of wondering, of questioning, what happened to that boy of bright smiles and puppy eyes. some part of her suspected, painstakingly, that he'd taken tae-won's side and joined his side away from her, but a small, selfish hope nourished the idea that tae-won disappeared out of his life too. just so she didn't have to sit alone in this hurt, even though she would.

moon-young had not sought much behind the disappearance of hee-jun, not as much as she did with her boyfriend. maybe it was the way things ended in a friendship of three when one disappeared and an other fell in anguish. perhaps this bond was living on borrowed time after all, as most high school relationships and friendships did. days went on, years passed by, and the lonely girl gained new friendships she could treasure moments with. in the end, despite the hurt of losing two people at once, moon-young just hoped he was well, hoped that they both would think of her sometimes too.

in her heart, hee-jun was now grown up and pursuing his passions with the same kind of light he'd brighten those teenage days with.

in her mind, however, that present was far darker, and much more horrifying.

shaking her head, moon-young smiled, sharply but apologetic. "sorry, you mentioning that just reminded me of someone" a pauze. "you...you don't know anything about this person, do you? hee-jun, he was tae-won's closest friend. i lost contact with him too a long time ago, but i often wonder what happened to him. you seem close to tae-won now, has he told you anything about him?"

moon-young hoped he'd tell her hee-jun was doing okay, prayed that her suspicion was only paranoia.

because she didn't know what to do if it was true.

if he was him.

♡coded by uxie♡

hee-jeon

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

justin bieber

ghost

As soon as the speech about How to Train Your Dragon left his lips, Hee-Jun wished he’d never said it. The amount of times he’d watched and talked about the movies as a teenager, especially with Moon-Young and Tae-Won, would be a dead giveaway that this was him. And he wasn’t sure he wanted her to know right now.

He could practically see the gears turning in Moon-Young’s mind as she processed everything he said. Yeah, there was definitely some instant regret flooding him. He should’ve just said that the movie was the only thing on so he decided to watch to pass time instead of launching into a whole life story that she didn’t ask for.

"Hee-Jun.”

Pure panic overtook Hee-Jun’s features when she whispered his name and he quickly turned his gaze back towards the screen to hide it, pretending he heard something either in the room or on the screen. Because shit, shit, shit, this was not supposed to happen. Not here. Not now. He’d tell her someday but that day wasn’t supposed to be today.

Years later, he still wasn’t sure what she thought happened to him. After following Tae-Won in the disappearing act, he too stopped communication with her. Not because he wanted to. Oh no, he did it out of fear respect for Tae-Won. Having been friends with the elder since he was in diapers, felt he had to follow him down the gang-life rabbit hole. Since his hyung stopped talking to Moon-Young, he felt he should too, and he hated every minute of it. Every single day he found himself typing out texts to her before his brain caught up to his fingers and deleted everything. Many sleepless nights were spent staring at the ceiling of his bedroom, wondering how everything went to shit so quickly.

When she began to speak, Hee-Jun brought his mind back to the present time and tore his gaze from the screen. He then turned to face her, though was barely listening to anything she said and only managed to catch a few words. He caught the gist of it all, however.

And now he had a few options. One, he could completely lie and say that his name was Dong-Hyun or something and he had no idea who Hee-Jun was, that Tae-Won had never mentioned him. He could get away with it, he knew he could. After all, he looked nothing like he used to. But if he went this route and she later found out who he was, he knew she’d remember this particular conversation and would know he lied intentionally. If there was one thing he remembered about Moon-Young, it was that she didn’t take lying lightly and would probably rain hell fire down upon him.

The other option was to just tell her now. Yes, it would be brutal and he knew he’d get one hell of a verbal beating and possibly a physical, but it was kind of worth it to him. He missed her like heck and was tired of lying about everything. Ever since she’d come back into their lives a few weeks ago, it had been hard for him not to blurt out who he was, especially when she called him “the driver”.

Hee-Jun let out a long sigh and shut his eyes, leaning his head back against the semi-closed door. After taking a moment to gather his thoughts, his eyes slowly opened and he looked down, mind made up. Then, before he could change it,

”It’s me, Luna-noona.”

♡coded by uxie♡

moon-young

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

sasha sloan

dancing with your ghost

”It’s me, Luna-noona.”

moon-young should've known. the echoes of her intuition rarely rang wrong and the sense of familiarity ran too deep, too close to the heart, to be nothing. still, hearing that nostalgia hued nickname from his lips was more alike a figment of imagination than anything else. moon-young had never expected to hear it again, and yet, here she was, listening to the voice of another ghost risen from the grave, hitting that same timbre like it had been alive from the beginning.

pierced by a fragment lost in time, the heart began to bleed colours wistful and warring, and once again, moon-young found herself within a hurricane of emotions, its heavy winds and wild currents wrecking the ignorant and peaceful. shock branded the sky like lightning, cracking the air with electricity. who knew that such sweet memories of innocent hearts could turn so bitter in these frames of time. that reverie paintings ended up being realistic fallacies. looking back, everything made so much sense; the arcs of hee-jun's path were always meant to bend alongside the childhood friend's, no matter how much it would divert from the others. moon-young could've seen it in the stars, but it didn't shock her less to discover the person standing in front of her was the same as that sunshine boy.

angry. moon-young was angry. the same kind of fire roiled within as when she met tae-won in that club again after disappearing without a word. indignation roared as the cold reality washed over her once more. any choice could've had, may it be standing by their side or letting herself walk away, was not hers to make; both had chosen that being abandoned was better suited for her, had decided that the love she gave was too much and not enough. but at least tae-won acknowledged her ― hee-jun hadn't even done that. all this time, he knew who she was, knew she didn't recognize him, and pretended to be oblivious.

"you knew all this time?? and didn't tell me??" ire burned in those dark eyes, hands clenching into a fist. "you didn't tell me!! " she exclaimed, fists punching his chest in a flurry of attacks. "you are the absolute worst, and here i was worried that something might have happened to you. i can't believe i cared when, of course you just followed tae-won and disappeared to do fucked up gang shit- "

somewhere, deep in the heart, moon-young knew the reason; it was probably the grey present fearing it couldn't compete with the glittering past. oh, how it shined in comparison.

oh, how expectations could feel so much like promises you can't keep.

moon-young could understand it, even with all the hurt and anger sitting in her heart, and a voice whispered, that while it was bad, it could've been worse. not something the vindicator in her wanted to hear, but it brought down the temper enough to cease the hitting.

"ya," she voiced, more frustrated than angry. she looked at him; he looked so differently and yet so much like the old hee-jun. it tugged at her heart-strings in ways melancholic and caring. her glaring eyes softened, telling him and herself that despite the anger, she was still somewhat happy to see him again. a sigh left her lips and she shook her head, before pulling him into a hug.

"do you even know how much i missed you, you idiot."

♡coded by uxie♡

hee-jeon

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

ash island

lonely

An earthquake could've shaken the entire country, a war could've broken out right outside the door and Hee-Jun wouldn't have noticed it. His entire focus was on Moon-Young's face, trying to gauge her reaction. He watched as flits of shock and confusion crossed only to be replaced by a look of anger.

Ah, well, he knew that was coming. Knew from the second he opened his mouth that anger was going to be the primary emotion. He deserved it too, absolutely deserved it. Knowing all of this didn't make him any less wary, however. He'd been on the receiving end of her anger before and knew it wasn't to be taken lightly. Could seriously fuck someone up.

He was busy fighting down the childish urge to hide his face behind his hands when she spoke. Well, yes, he knew all this time and this was the exact reason he didn't tell her. Withholding this information out of respect for Tae-Won be damned, he was more terrified of Moon-Young's wrath. Wrath that was now raining down upon him.

Despite his fear of her fury, Hee-Jun didn't even flinch when she started punching him. It didn't really hurt (though he'd never tell her that since he figured she'd find a way to make it hurt) due to the years of intense workout regiments and the physicality that came with helping to run one of Seoul's most powerful gangs. Her fists were landing on the incredibly hard muscles of his pectorals and he was honestly worried that she'd bruise her knuckles or something.

"I had to," he interjected when she began to speak of how he just followed the leader. "He's been my best friend since I was born. My father was his father's best friend, his right hand man, just like I am to Tae-Won. When his father died, I pretty much had no choice but to follow and become the second like my father was." He prayed she'd believe him.

It was fucked up shit though, that much he could agree on. He wished Tae-Won's father never died so that way he wouldn't be here, all but forced to help run this gang he didn't want. "Tae-Won cut all communication with you to protect you and I. . . . I just followed his lead, thinking it was for the best," He wished he didn't follow that lead. "I missed you every day and every day I was so close to saying fuck it and just texting you but look where we are."

To say Hee-Jun was caught off guard when Moon-Young suddenly hugged him would be an understatement. Having not at all expected it, he stumbled into her embrace and took a second to compose himself before returning the hug. "I don't know. Care to enlighten me?" he asked, wearing his signature cheeky grin despite no one being able to see it. "Bet I missed you more than you missed me though."

♡coded by uxie♡

moon-young

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

griff

black hole

moon-young believed hee-jeon's reasons, understood it even, despite how deep the bitterness ran about this whole ordeal. everything made sense, and she hated it. hated how tae-won turned out to be both a coward and a protector in some way. hated how this blood running between fathers and sons had rotten their paths red and away from her.

moon-young had never liked tae-won's dad on principle, didn't from the first time she saw the tension in his expression at the mention of him. she doesn't like him now either, despises the man from the grave, because it's those, who think that they have the right to be terrible, that wreck the good in others. it is because of him, because half nature, half nurture, that tae-won lives a life of guns and violence; his father might be dead, but his ghost lives fully, breathes right through the heart he froze.

but there was no use yelling at dead, was there? and while moon-young could blame tae-won breaking her heart completely on his upbringing, it wouldn't feel quite right. in her eyes, all the hurt was a still choice made by himself, her anger and hate simply the consequence. it might have been his right to decide the future couldn't include her, but so was her right to hate him for it. hate him, especially, for leaving her with a silence too full of nothing to feel so heavy.

she deserved better.

even hee-jeon's sunshine smile could not completely dispel years deep resentment within moon-young's heart. call it the fire to fight the cold of the living dead; she was still angry about everything. rolling her eyes at his cheesy response, she pinched his cheek.

"you better have missed me more, it serves you well for disappearing without a word and not telling me who you were until now." turning slightly, she beckoned. " now let's go, i have my ex's money to burn and need you with me. we can finish the movie after we come back. we can watch the sequel then, too. "

♡coded by uxie♡

희전

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

quinn xcii

stay next to me

Hee-Jeon felt as if he might as well quit his job as second in command of the Dragons and become Moon-Young’s personal clothing rack. Because he pretty much was. The amount of clothing he was carrying for her was actually insane and he had no idea what one could do with this much or why one needed all of this.

”Okay, are we done, or are you planning to add more to your clothing rack?” he asked in a whiny tone, tired of carrying everything. Thankfully, they were done for the day and headed to check out.

He placed the credit card into his wallet when it was handed back to him and shoved it all into his pocket before handing half of the bags to Moonie and carried the other half. Yes, as the guy he should carry it all but this combined with the bags from the several other stores they’d visited was way too much. So splitting in half was the only option if they had any desire to make it home today.

Sadly, they weren’t in a mall. They’d chosen one of the popular streets in Seoul’s main shopping districts, which meant they’d had to park far away to have any hope of finding a parking spot. Hating himself for not succumbing to the pricey valet, Hee-Jeon hoisted the bags further up and began the long trek.

It was about halfway through the journey (honestly, the way he was bitching about it in his head, one would think he was asked to cross the Sahara) when he heard the voices. They’d made it out of the heavily trafficked areas and into a more secluded, quiet and less traveled area. One that was perfect for, well… crime. And that’s exactly what he knew he was hearing.

He also knew exactly whose voice it was. Looks like the mucho macho leader had made a full recovery. The second Tae-Won was feeling better, Hee-Jeon knew he’d want revenge. Given the fact that he was hearing other faint voices, it sounded like dear Tae-Won was fulfilling his wishes. It wasn’t nice to think about and was even worse to see.

Now the problem was Moon-Young. He sure as shit did not want her to hear all of this because her hearing it would probably lead to her wanting to investigate it all. Going in meant a run in with the Serpents, a group she once was a member of that’s now after her since she shot one of them, and seeing Tae-Won in one of his moods.

These moods weren’t pretty and were actually quite scary, even to Hee-Jeon who had seen the majority of them. They’d probably scare the living shit out of Moon-Young, who’d never seen her ex like this. So all in all, it was best to get the hell out of here.

On the pretext of needing to scratch a nonexistent itch, he stopped to set the bags down and scratched his arm. ”Do you want to get coffee?” he asked, nodding towards a cute little shop across the street. ”All of this shopping has exhausted me and I think some caffeine would help stop me from falling asleep at the wheel on the way home. You don’t want your official driver to crash, do you?”

♡coded by uxie♡

moon-young

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

jessia

but i don't

before moon-young knew it, a week had passed by. it was a week she had mostly spent inside the dragons headquarters, pinned between souls of present and ghosts of the past. who had thought that one night could stain even the cleanest hands red and bind together those who'd rather haunt each other in thought than presence. she'd wondered whose punishment this was; her, for being so stubborn she couldn't let the dead stay buried, or tae-won, for daring to come back alive and acting like he didn't take her heart to the grave.

it was a lot to process, the space of the mind only being able to hold so much before bursting. moon-young had tried hard not to burst, took it all in day by day, little by little; the death by her hands, the subsequent shadows creeping around her like death's promise, the proximity to those who wear blood and death like perfum— everything traveled through the phrenic passages ending in acceptance.

everything but one.

moon-young had not bothered to see tae-won the past week. she did not see any reason to, because the scenes would be no less different than before; it would always end up in a fight, fire versus ice, confronter chasing the coward. it was tiring and way too infuriating to keep doing, so she didn't. tae-won could get his wish and pretend the past he abandoned didn't come back and she could burn all the emotions by burning his money. it was a win-win situation, kind of. besides, she didn't need him, not when she got hee-jeon to be there for her, both as friend, taxi driver and personal carrier.

what more could a woman want?

they were on their way back to the car after an other succesful shopping spree when hee-jeon stopped to ask if she wanted to grab some coffee. her eyebrow quirked up slightly as a remembrance seeped into the mind.

"didn't you already have a cup before we left?" she could have sworn to have seen him down a whole cup in that darklit room of his when she went to go get him in the morning. she proceeded to huff, a laugh bubbling in her throat. " don't tell me you can't handle a bit of shopping before succumbing" shaking her head, she then nodded, and was about to walk to the café before a voice traveled through the alley.

it was a voice sharp like knives and as cold as stone— moon-young recognized it in an instant. her gaze immediately snapped towards the alley, and while she couldn't make up any of the words, the tones carried enough hate, enough bloodthirst, to spell bad news. she cursed under her breath, before hissing out to hee-jeon.

"that better not be who i think it is. what is he doing out here???" her hand gestured wildly into the direction, before being planted on her forehead. "i- shouldn't we go help him? or at least you-" because tae-won would be that kind of person who would seek danger while still recovering from a near fatal injury. god, why couldn't he just stay put and rest like any sane human being. it was stupid, he was stupid— she almost wanted to go and beat him herself.

moon-young had opted to stay and wait while hee-jeon went to aid his stupid best friend, but then the unmistaken noise of violence emerged, and before she knew it, she was stepping into the alley itself, heart beating wildly and stomach turning. moon-young realized something else then, too ; she truly hated tae-won.

hated how she still worried for him so.

♡coded by uxie♡

희전

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

one republic, khea

better days - mejores dias

The coffee suggestion was stupid, he knew it. But he was panicking and it was the very first thing he thought of. Yes, he had a cup before they left however, spending the entire day (or the last few hours) shopping truly did drain him. In all honesty, he could go for another cup or two.

Before Heejun could insist on the coffee, it seemed as if Moonyoung heard Taewon. Shit shit shit a brick, shit a fucking brick. Fuck me fuck me fuck me, life is but a cluster. Could this get any worse? ”Well,” he began, ruffling his hair, ”that depends on who you think it is.” They both knew it was Taewon but he wasn’t willingly going to admit that. And he completely ignored the question about what the leader was doing.

See, Junny knew exactly what Taewon was doing, and that was enacting his revenge on the rival gang. But there was no way in hell he was going to disclose that. No. He needed to get Moonyoung far away from here yet couldn’t think of anything to say or do in order to make that happen. He was up shit creek without a paddle.

At the question regarding help, he shook his head. ”My job right now is to help you shop,” And to be your unofficial bodyguard, but he figured she wouldn’t appreciate that little bit of knowledge so he kept quiet. Taewon had unofficially assigned him that position for the duration of Moonie’s stay and he was determined to do a good job. The leader and his little psycho escapades could wait for now.

However, shouts and the sound of gunfire reached his ear, causing him to second-guess the statement he made seconds prior. Could Taewon wait? No, answered the voice of the devil on his shoulder. Yes, answered the angel inside his head. The devil won. ”Wait here,” Heejun instructed as he dropped the bags, knowing there was a 50/50 chance she would actually listen to him and wait.

With his hand reaching into his pocket to grasp the switchblade he always kept there, he cautiously moved into the alley. And yep, just as he expected; the dumb idiot leader taking on multiple members of the Serpents with just two other Dragons, lower ranked ones at that. Could Taewon get any dumber? Apparently the answer was yes as the leader went rigid and began cracking his knuckles, a sure sign he was entering one of his “states”.

Just as Heejun was about to rush in and put a stop to all of this stupidity, he heard footsteps behind him and rolled his eyes. Of course Moonyoung couldn’t just wait. "You couldn’t wait five minutes, could you?” he hissed, whirling around to face her. ”What were you going to do. . . beat them with shopping bags?” he asked, eyeing the many shopping bags in her hand and on her arm. ”You need to go back and remain out of sight. Remember, this is the group that wants you dead, the group that showed up to your apartment looking for you and interrogated your elderly neighbor,” If she showed her face, there was a good chance bullets would be flying.

”Please, for once just listen to me,” Heejun pleaded, desperation seeping into his voice, ”Go back. Go to the coffee shop across the street and I’ll bring Taewon to you when I get him out of this mess. You can’t be here, can’t let them see you. If they do, I’ll lose a friend I just got back and I can’t let that happen.”

♡coded by uxie♡

moon-young

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

(G)I-dle

tomboy

somewhere, deep down, moon-young knew that barreling into a fight with those who had marked her as target was the last thing she should do; it was irrational, reckless, and dumber than dumb. warnings swarmed her head, all buzzing in the ears with urgency and concern because this was not like her at all. there was always a plan, a strategically woven thread to follow in case the world starts to spin and grounds begin to tremble. there was always a wise eyed cynic bringing her back to reality before those clouds of foolish fantasies could truly carry her beyond reason.

it was not supposed to be like this. she was never supposed to be like this---and worst of all, taewon did not deserve it; did not deserve for her to risk her life for him so. him, with his empty words and accents of blood. him, with shadows in his mind and war in his soul.

moon-young truly did not know why she was doing this; perhaps the past hadn’t been buried deep enough and was now climbing its way back to the surface, treacherous emotions and all.

or maybe, insanely enough, she decided that dying was better than living in that cold heart of his.

heejun halted her before anything could happen. his words surprised her, the desperation giving pauze to the protest building inside. she gazed at the man who once cried because he discovered fairies weren’t real, watched as he pleaded with a heart so fearful it could only be scarred. how did a boy like him grow up so fast? and how much of that cruel, crimson world had he witnessed it? it tugged at her own heartstrings, her gaze softening at the sight.

“oh heejun,” she started, before slowly shaking her head, as if being pulled from her own daze, “of course, you’re right… i wasn’t thinking.” moon-young had to remind herself this was not a case of fake it till you make it; the underworld was too merciless to entertain imitations of bravery. one dabble in these waters, one bit of blood spilled, and she had already attracted those monsters and their desires to devour. she was too out of her element to fight them.

“i’ll go to the cafe and wait there,” she gestured to the bags on his arms, offering to take them. a small smile punctured her features, only to fall slightly as worry flashes behind her eyes. moon-young didn’t like violence and the thought of heejun involving himself in it sat uncomfortably in her stomach. still, she knew she couldn’t stop him; he cared about taewon too much for that.

“just, be careful yourself okay? and hit that idiot of an ex for me,” her hand ruffled his hair as her smile grew a bit wider again. she turned around then, ready to buy a cup of coffee, or tea, considering the nerves.

yeah, tea it was.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

태원

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

uneducated kid

so what

Bad things tended to happen when Taewon was left unsupervised.

As the leader of Seoul’s top gang, one wouldn’t think he needed supervision. And he doesn’t. Not really. It’s just that whenever his second or even third wasn’t around, he tended to get himself into messy situations. Very messy and full of red.

The last time he was in one of these situations, it resulted in him getting shot in the stomach. Granted, he wasn’t left unsupervised at the time and was called in to resolve shit, but he still got shot. One would think he’d exercise slightly more caution after that but said caution was thrown out the window when he dove into this head first.

His entire recovery period was spent tracking the whereabouts of prominent rival members. No, he didn’t actually leave his bed but had various members following their rivals and reporting back to him. He purposely didn’t inform Heejun what he was doing or else he probably would’ve been stopped, which he didn’t want to happen. He needed to take each of them down one by one to get his personal revenge and to stop them from coming after his ex.

So the very second he was given the all clear to proceed as normal, Taewon was up and out. He knew where these particular rivals were thanks to the information he’d received this morning and wasted no time in heading over to their location and cornering them in an alley.

He’d already killed two of them by the time the others showed up, and if he’d known they were in the area, he wouldn’t have gotten as loud as he had. A bit of a shouting match ensued before he got tired of it all and killed two of them. He was about to kill the rest when Moonyoung entered his line of site. Aw, what the hell? If she was here, Heejun couldn’t be too far behind, knowing the two of them went shopping today.

And sure enough his second came flying in shortly thereafter, having an animated discussion with his ex before she appeared to heed to whatever wishes he’d made and turned to leave. That was his cue. ”What are you two doing here?” he wondered, momentarily turning his back on the rival members.

He could sense what they were doing behind him, however, and before the one could even pull the trigger of the gun, Taewon had freed a knife from his belt and sent it flying into the mans throat. ”I thought you were going shopping?” he continued as if the knife-in-throat moment never happened. ”So how come you’re here?” Last time he checked, this alley wasn’t close to the street mall.

In an ideal world, Moonyoung wouldn’t have witnessed any of this. As it was, she only recently found out what he did and he wasn’t sure she was overly fond of it. He certainly wasn’t helping matters right now—covered in splattered blood and just having sent a knife through some guys neck. Thankfully she wasn’t here to witness the bullets flying earlier.

”Anyone have a napkin?”

♡coded by uxie♡

moon-young

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

selena gomez

people you know

”What are you two doing here?”

moon-young turned around, before wishing she didn't. blood. a cold shadow wrapped in scarlet shades, knuckles and teeth wreathed in a violence akin to wild beasts. a crowned catalyst, drenched in mortal nebulae; his energy so dark and volatile, moon-young instinctively took a step back, words pressing against her throat. stay back— she forced herself to swallow them, right before something silver sharp cut across skin. a dying gurgle crossed the air, a heavy drop following. there was no time for closed eyes; she stood witness to another death, one woven with a frightening absence of care. one blink, one life taken like it was never theirs to hold onto.

heejun's insistence to stay away suddenly carried a newer, heavier weight. so this was what he wanted to shield her away from. it was him. maybe hee-jun knew, knew how part of moon-young had still held onto that warm, bright tapestry of the past; where their hearts were woolen instead of stone, and golden rather than indigo dyed; back when mouths were so full of hope, of sunrise, that their jaws cracked and bent to contain it; right when tae-won fought to catch halos and stretched his soul to gain wings. maybe hee-jun wished for her to keep this foolish belief a little while longer.

but we don't always get what we wish for, do we...

to catch tae-won here, with no flinch to his blood and no mercy in his heart, was like seeing a corpse. it was like witnessing something recognizable become unrecognizable; flesh draped over hallowed bones too tightly, humanity all mangled and macabre. the tae-won she knew wasn't the one standing right in front of her --- a realization that broke her a little, even if she did not dare show it. emotions burn moon-young more than fire does; it melts her rationality into a blazing liquid, too hot to be held and too molten to sculpt back into something pristine.

moon-young felt anger. at him? at herself? she didn't know, but her knuckles whitened as nails dug into her palms, leaving crescent imprints in the skin. "us?? you dare to question us?? when you are the one who got shot?? what-- what is wrong with you!" she swung her bags, hitting her ex in the side. "you got yourself into another dangerous situation and for what? stupid revenge because you got hit??" that had to be it, didn't it? he got harmed and now he wanted to pay it back tenfold. their lives for the possibility of his.

their empty eyes and still bodies exist in the blur of a background. moon-young felt a bit sicker in the stomach. a hand moves to cover her forehead, figure turning away from him.

" i just.... i can't believe you just did this. and in broad daylight too! " a panicked draw of breath.

"i mean, what if someone saw--"

like her.

truth was, beneath the anger, something trembled.

an emotion.

a voice.

tae-won, I fear you...

♡coded by uxie♡

태원

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

russ

are you entertained

So clearly, neither of the two had a napkin. Nor did they appear to have anything that could be used as one. A shame. Guess he’d have to use his sleeve and then just get it dry cleaned later.

It took a bit longer than usual, but soon, his face was mostly blood-free. Though the state of his face apparently didn't seem to matter in the slightest as he was soon barraged by his ex-girlfriend’s angry words. Before he could even open his mouth to defend himself, his freshly healed body was repeatedly struck with heavy shopping bags. ”I— get off!” he shouted, trying to dodge out of the way while covering his face with his hands in case she decided to change tactics.

"Okay, when I asked if you were going to beat them with shopping bags as a way of helping, I didn’t mean for you to beat him.” came Heejun’s amused voice from the sidelines, trying and failing to hold in his amusement.

When the hits had finally paused, Taewon opened a gap within his fingers and peeked through them to make sure the bags were back at Moonyoung’s side and there was no more hitting on the horizon. Apparently deeming it safe, he dropped his hands and shoved them into the pockets of his jeans. ”Stupid revenge because I got hit?” he questioned, finally graced with the ability to speak. His voice was a lot calmer than he thought it would be, something that greatly surprised him.

”No,” he answered himself with a chuckle, shaking his head. ”This isn’t about me getting shot,” Granted, some of it was because that shit fucking hurt, but for the most part, it wasn’t. ”I did it because they’re targeting you and I want it to stop,” he answered matter of factly. ”I already know they visited your neighbor’s house looking for you, and I’m trying to send the message that you’re off limits. Hopefully this is a good start.”

He knew it certainly wouldn’t be enough to call them off for good, but hopefully it would make them think twice before trying anything in the near future. He couldn’t live with himself if she got hurt for defending him, because try as she might to deny it or stamp out the already dwindling flame, there was a part of her that still cared immensely for him.

And he felt the same.

”It’s better to do it in broad daylight,” Taewon answered dismissively. ”Cops are way more prevalent at night since that’s when they expect all the crime to happen. There aren’t as many out during the day and therefore there’s less of a chance of being caught.” His father had taught him all of this years ago, despite Taewon wanting no parts of it at the time. Now though, it came in handy. Somewhat.

Regardless, she shouldn’t be here. "Junny," he started, waiting until his second looked over to him before continuing, ”take Moonyoung home now. I’ll meet you there shortly.” By that he meant after he called someone to clean up and make sure all his bases were covered.

Taewon waited until Heejun grabbed her hand and began leading her out of the alley way before raising the phone to his ear.

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back