• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Everyone is John!

Error 420 Error 420 KAmber KAmber K KodomoYamiya Gabe Gabe

Voices... The game is on!
Something, has happened. Something bad? Oh no... Something very good.
Each one of your can feel it in the mental essence that you are composed of. You no longer find yourself in an eternal drowsy coma, while that fool John keeps doing whatever he wants, deaf to your orders.
Now, you have awakened.
On one hand, Monotony didn't even mind the continuous droning and emotionless limbo. On the other hand, it now realizes the potential of what could be achieved. The whole world could be Monotonitized!
The one with a thousand faces, Incognito, cackles at the prospect of impersonating anyone. The president! Michael Jackson! God himself! The possibilities are limitless!
The Sock Connoisseur's mind immediately expands with renewed omniscience of all socky matters. He will build the greatest hoard. Piles of socks, at his personal disposal!
And lastly, our Hero. The embodiment of loneliness, the living expression of craving love. Master of the first katana. Akira, The Weaboo! He just... Yawns, hugs his ethereal waifu bodypillow closer and almost drifts back to sleep before the thought of a real waifu brings him back to conscience.

John's head is hurting. It's pounding. The man just woke up in an alleyway. It's late in the night. He's holding a bottle of whiskey in one hand, someone's wallet in the other. The man's wearing something terrible, a straw hat, aviator sunglasses, a hawaiian shirt, cargo shorts and sandals. Jesus, John...
He stumbles around the alley, trying to remember something... Uh... Vegas... The Armadillo... All In...
Oh right, he's hungover. Who knows what John has been up to? You will find out, voices. But first... Well, who will exactly take over?
John's confused, you're all fresh and looking for trouble! This is A Struggle For Control!

Struggle For Control! Everyone, PM to me the Willpower you are betting! I will announce the winner after everyone has sent in their Willpower.

Last edited:
For six Willpower points, the winner of the bid is... AKIRA!
Reminder that the other three voices will keep the Willpower they have bet. K KodomoYamiya is the only one losing anything.

Things can only get worse, for the poor John.
His mental fortitude is shattered by a sudden force inside his brain. The pain is unbearable, it feels like his head is going to explode at any moment!

Suddently, it stops.

This is not John anymore.

Akira's right hand clenches around the bottle of whiskey, bringing it up with ease, as if it were the lightest of glorious nippon swords.
In his other hand is someone's wallet. John does not recognize it as his own.
You are in a dark alleyway.
It is night.
What do you do?

find one worthy of waifu material of course!!
but first, put my sword(whiskey bottle) in it's sheath! such power must be contained!

find one worthy of waifu material of course!!
I realize now that I should have said this earlier, but whenever you try to do something that John would have a chance at failing to do, you must roll 1d6.
Since searching for waifus aligns with one of your skills, you must roll over 3 to succeed

(I'm sorry for the slow posts people, things will definitely get more fast paced from now on! Also, I realize that I may have been misinterpreting the rules a bit. I don't believe searching for waifus is exactly something one can fail or succeed at. Especially in a dark alleyway such as this one. Let's count it as a regular action and move on with it.
Also, a reminder that the other voices and always pitch in and say something, even though it isn't their turn. It'll serve as banter, and internal thoughts for John.)

K KodomoYamiya

Akira, or should we say, John, scans the alleyway around him. A dumpster, some cardboard boxes... Nothing much to be used as waifu material. Quite depressing for our Hero, but nonetheless he steels himself against destiny, and moves on!
Just then, John's shoulder is slapped from behind by some tall black guy wearing a hoodie.
"That's a real nice wallet you got there, dawg."
He's got a switchblade that he's waving dangerously close to our poor protagonist.
Akira curses the fact that now that he has tucked his katana (whiskey bottle) in its sheath (waistband), he no longer has easy access to it.
Well, John, grow wings and fly 'cause it's DO or DIE!

"eh, don't botha lookin'. this type a' place ain't the place yer' gonna find a woman like that. might in the bahs though."
Incognito's gangster accent slipped a bit in the middle and he straightened it out at the end.
(I can imagine nobody can be quite sure which of incognito's personalities is a real voice or not and therefore think there's like 20 different voices.)

K KodomoYamiya Error 420 Error 420 KAmber KAmber Gabe Gabe

Just as he tried to start running with his hands behind his back, imitating one the greatest anime protagonist to have ever existed, Naruto, John is blocked and thrown against the wall.
The resulting crash is confusing for the voices, as they are jumbled up and tossed around John's head. He lets out a phrase in gansta accent, courtesy of Incognito, while internally he realizes that an alleyway isn't the best place to be looking for a woman.
The hooded man pushes John into the wall, holding the switchblade close to his neck.
"Dunno what tha fuck you jus' said, but you betta' give me all ya money 'less someone gets hurt real bad."
And as the middle-aged man's eyes roll back into his head, a Struggle for control begins!

You know the drill folks, PM me your bets!

The one who takes control is no other than The Sock Connoisseur itself!
John's pupils dilate, as the voice that resonates most within his brain is replacement by a wholly new personality. And this one...
Craves socks.
His eyes shoot down, looking at the gangster's feet. It's clear by the way the socks slightly peek out of the man's black shoes. Short socks, white, and excellent choice when paired with a white shoe. In this case, they look ridiculous. Obviously the man does not know the fine pleasures of this socky earth that we tread upon.
You're in a dangerous situation, man of socks.
Be careful on your act.

Gabe Gabe

John starts staring down at the man's feet. Those socks, oh God, this man doesn't know the importance of the cotton goodness that's wrapping his ugly feet. John can't take it, he must have those socks for himself! He attempts to trip the man so he could steal his socks!

"Don't you realize? The sock IS the cuteness!" Sock triumphantly states. "Especially the cat ones, they're so good!"
"i do agree with the kitty kneesocks, those are cute... BUT THE BEST PART IS THE LOLI'S WEARING THEM!!!" Akira screams.

I think socks are very interesting. Socks have a varied history going back millennia. Homo-erectus once made leaf foot converings to protect them from cold and infection. This tradition was carried on by several forms of hominid, but interestingly not the Homo-sapiens. It's beleived that the practice was not reintroduced to modern humans until the late heleocene era by interbreeding with Homo-neanderthalensis, otherwise known as Neanderthal. However, this was near the end of the species existence. Extremely interesting though is that evidence of sock use was not found in the native tribes of Pacific America or Central America, despite being present in the Asian and Oceanic cultures thought to be their ancestors.

I think socks are very interesting. Socks have a varied history going back millennia. Homo-erectus once made leaf foot converings to protect them from cold and infection. This tradition was carried on by several forms of hominid, but interestingly not the Homo-sapiens. It's beleived that the practice was not reintroduced to modern humans until the late heleocene era by interbreeding with Homo-neanderthalensis, otherwise known as Neanderthal. However, this was near the end of the species existence. Extremely interesting though is that evidence of sock use was not found in the native tribes of Pacific America or Central America, despite being present in the Asian and Oceanic cultures thought to be their ancestors.
"wut...?" Akira questions with a confused anime expression.

"i do agree with the kitty kneesocks, those are cute... BUT THE BEST PART IS THE LOLI'S WEARING THEM!!!" Akira screams.
"SHUT UP, YOU WEEABOO! I'M IN CONTROL NOW!" Sock shrieks. No other voice will deny his power!
"Monotony knows the importance of socks, even though it's for wrong reasons, I guess..." Sock states with a confused look on his socky face.

Loli, or lolicon, is a term derived from the novel Lolita, in which a Russian man falls deeply in love with and pursues a sexual relationship with his pre-pubescent daughter. John read it in high school and jerked it several times while reading it. The novel focuses on themes of sexuality and the properties of a modern relationship, but is deeply ingrained with classical Russian philosophy. For example, the family Lolita raises at the end of the novel represents the starving Russian people following the Bolshevik revolution. The father begging for her to elope with him is an earnest begging for the chivalry of old, while her realization of her childhood trauma mirrors the rewriting of the Russian past. The father's ideals have been tainted by spending his time in Western Europe.

The Sock Connoisseur knows one thing, and one thing only.
Those socks must be his.
With a masterful sweep of his leg, John trips up the gangster, sending him down and making his switchblade fly away.
"WHAT THE FU-"
Is all the man manages to yell, before hitting the concrete with a thud.
One second, and John is all over him.
The shoes are quickly removed, and there, bared for all to see is a pair of glorious socks. Pearly white, shining in the moonlight.

What is your next move, Sock Connoisseur?

Gabe Gabe

The Sock Connoisseur knows one thing, and one thing only.
Those socks must be his.
With a masterful sweep of his leg, John trips up the gangster, sending him down and making his switchblade fly away.
"WHAT THE FU-"
Is all the man manages to yell, before hitting the concrete with a thud.
One second, and John is all over him.
The shoes are quickly removed, and there, bared for all to see is a pair of glorious socks. Pearly white, shining in the moonlight.

What is your next move, Sock Connoisseur?

Gabe Gabe

John's chanting grows until he's screaming on the top of his lungs. "SOCKSOCKSOCKSOCKSOCKS" was the only sound that filled the alley. "Run away! The socks are yours now, John!" Sock pleads, and John compiles. He attempts to dash away from the alley, with the lovely socks on his hand.

(I'm gonna spend one WP on this round!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back