• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Everyone has their Demons Der Kojote&xx0mittens0xx

MittyMittens

Bumblebee Therapist
Evie makes her way into the bar, scanning the room for a moment before taking a seat in an empty area towards the end of the bar. She orders a vodka on the rocks and a shot of tequila, downing the shot as soon as it was set down on the bar. She glances around the bar briefly before staring down at her vodka with furrowed brows. She mutters something inaudible under her breath as she rubs her forehead before sipping at the vodka. She sighs before looking up at as the bartender places a drink in front of her and points towards a guy down the bar, telling her it was sent for her. She tries to wave it away but the bartender convinces her to keep it since it was already made. She reluctantly takes it and after several more of her own and ones being sent to her she was definitely feeling it, which was her point tonight but what wasn't was the guy who decided to slide into the bar stool next to her.

"I see you enjoy your vodka"

Evie just rolls her eyes. "Look, thanks for the drinks but you're wasting your time trying to win me over. If you want your money back so be it, but I'm not looking for anything, not even a conversation"

"Oh don't be like that. We don't even have to talk, we could dance. I might persuade you otherwise then"

Before Evie could object to that the guy had her by the hand leading her off the stool. She stumbles before regaining her balance, the alcohol definitely swimming around her head. She narrows her eyes and yanks her arm away from the man, trying to keep her temper under control. "No thank you, I don't dance" she states between gritted teeth.

"That's alright, it's not that hard. Besides you owe me" The guy says before snatching her wrist back to lead her towards the floor.

Evie's eye twitches a bit before sending a fist flying right into the side of the guy's face. "I don't owe you a damn thing" She states pulling her arm back when he lets go from the surprise of the punch, ready to send another one flying if need be. However, she wasn't expecting to be pushed back, and loses her balance, luckily only sitting back down on the stool, going to stand back up only to get pushed back down again, only easily able to because of the alcohol playing on her balance.

"I know you came alone. A girl shouldn't drink on her own, especially as much as you have. Why don't I give you a ride home?" He asks with a not all that honest smile.

Aaron was sitting down at his usual spot. He stared at his glass of rum swirling it around, lost in thought. The day hadn’t gone to well, first he’d been cut off, then traffic, and then someone rammed into the back of his car in a fit of road rage. The situation had gotten only better when the offender had gotten out of his car and yelled at him, and beat on the car door. Then the police had to be called, he had been stuck at the police office filling out reports. That had made him late to work. That fact had caused his boss to yell at him, the customers at the grocery store had been wonderful in the worst sense of the word. He had just gotten off his shift, and right now, he just wanted to forget today. So far he had enlisted Captain Morgan to help. Even with the assistance of the good captain, morale was at an all-time low. He cradled his head and downed the rest of his glass. He let out a sharp breath through his teeth, rubbing his eyes. “Day keeps getting better…”

He looked around, the usual crowd was present. One Girl in particular seemed to be having a bit of trouble. The guy had an obvious angle, one that the girl was not having. The fact of the matter was that it was causing a commotion, and that commotion was giving him a headache. He turned to the man, having just about enough of it, “Hey, don’t know if you can realize it but obviously she isn't interested in you. Now please shut the hell up, leave her alone and let the rest of us drink in peace. " He then tuned to stare at his empty glass, and muttered under his breath "Freakin’ asshole…”

The guy turns to stare at Aaron, raising an eyebrow at him for interrupting. "And who exactly are you supposed to be. The bar police?" He asks with a laugh. "Besides this is none of your business, just a bit of her playing hard to get. She's the kind of girl that likes to put up a fight so she doesn't feel like she's such a whore" He turns his gaze to Evie for a moment with a smirk before looking back at Aaron at hearing him mutter under his breath. "What did you call me? You want to start something?" He asks rolling up his sleeves giving Aaron a chance to get up from his bar stool. "Let's go. Tonight seems to be just itching for a fight and who am I to deny it?" He asks sending a punch flying towards Aaron's face as soon as he got to his feet.

The punch landed square on Aaron's jaw, he already was tired from the day so the blow did not go over-well. He recoiled from the blow, "DAMN LOufy sunofa-! Aaron attempted at jab followed by a blow to the gut, he already could tell while he'd been drinking this guy meanwhile was perfectly fine. While the captain was a great (at least in the short term) way of dealing with your problems, he never really helped you in a bar-fight, More like an idiot friend on the sidelines cheering you on. Nevertheless impaired from a night of drinking his sorrows away, he was going to attempt his counter-assault. Though as a sharp pain ran through his jaw His thoughts were Oh God what have I gotten myself into...this is not going to end well...

Evie watches in disbelief as the stranger stepped in and winces as he got punched in the jaw. "Seriously, you need to just chill the hell out..." She states glaring as she gets hushed by the first guy.

"I'll deal with you later" He states after recovering from the punch to the gut. "You should've just minded your business dude..." He states before sending a punch with more force than the first one flying into the side of Aaron's head.

Evie looks over to the person sitting next to her. "Are you finished with that? Thanks" She states grabbing the empty beer bottle from them. Rather irritated for having her night ruined.

Between the Alcohol and the initial blow to the jaw, the next hit got the better of him. The impact felt like a bat colliding with the side of his head. The pain exploded erupting through every synapse in his brain. He grit his teeth trying to stay focused, He seemed to try to steady himself, sawed to the left, then to the right, then back to the left. However that time there was no recovery. The light went out and fell to the floor, and so was the capstone of Aaron's day, getting knocked out by a bar crawler. Well not like he was one to complain, Currently, he really couldn't.

Evie looks down as Aaron hits the floor before back at the guy who delivered the blow that was turning his attention back to her. She just narrows her eyes and slams the beer bottle over top of his head watching as he fell like a tree to the floor. "Deal with that" She glances over at the bouncer who was making his way over to them. "I know I know, I'm going..." She went to leave but stopped, staring down at the stranger who stepped in to help her and sighs. She couldn't leave him there to end up getting jail time for defending her. She looks at the bouncer. "Can you help me get him in a taxi and we'll be out of your hair.... the other guy you can do whatever with but you know as well as I do he started it"

The bouncer reluctantly agrees and helps her carry him into the back of taxi that was lingering out front in hopes of getting a fare. She ends up getting him back to her house, paying the cab driver a bit more for helping her drag the guy onto her couch. Evie was muttering under her breath while moving around to get a pillow and blanket for him after the cabbie left. She slips the pillow under his head, slips his shoes off before covering him with the blanket. She sets a glass of water and a pair of aspirin on the coffee table near him for when he woke up, knowing he'd at the very least need that for the events that occurred tonight. She frowns a bit hoping she didn't regret letting him stay. After she got him situated for the night she herself made her way into her bedroom to catch some sleep.

Consciousness did not come softly rather it came with a roaring headache. The night had been rather dreamless. Then again figuring the blow and the Rum, there really wasn't much to dream about, only to recover from. Upon waking up he winced his jaw felt swollen, and sore, while he was sure his dentist wasn't going to be richer, he had gotten real close to it. The next thing he felt was the still throbbing pain from the blow to his head. When he touched the area he winced, Yup...That is a bruise...that is a really large and painful bruise. How the hell I didn't get a concussion, I don't know. Then a very important thought crossed his mind as he blinked looking around. Wait...i'm on a couch...not in a drunk tank... where the hell am I?

Obviously he'd been dragged somewhere decent, He had a pillow, a blanket. and Holy crap Asprin... He inspected the pills, Yup asprin alright. He took the pills and sat still for a few minutes, the headache subsiding a bit he looked around, it was someones house yes... but, who's? He really couldn't be barging through any doors...and leaving randomly...he didn't know how far he was from the bar, let alone his home. "Never thought I would be in a situation like this." He said rubbing his temples. Wincing again as he accidentally got the bruise again. "Damn that hurts..."

Evie groans as the light of the day shines in through her window completely forgetting about the night before and throbbing headache that she was facing. She rolls over to avoid the light only to hit the floor with a thump. She lets out another groan before delicately getting up before cursing as a strange symbol starts glowing red on her upper arm. "Go back to sleep FiFi. I do not want to have to deal with you today" She mutters rubbing her forehead. "It's Furfur and not-uh you're going to be fun to play with today" A masculine voice coyly says. "I could call you Bambi instead you kn-" She states while in the process of opening the door, not finishing her sentence. Having completely forgotten about the guy she left on her couch since she usually never allowed any one to stay at her house for one particular reason. "You didn't tell me you had company" Evie winces when the voice that seemingly came from nowhere spoke up, before muttering something under her breath and the mark on her arm disappears. "Good morning.....How are you feeling" she states a bit apprehensively hoping he hadn't heard any of that and playing it off like nothing just happened. She watches him out of the corner of her eyes as she makes her way towards the kitchen to grab water and aspirin for herself.

He was still sitting up when he heard muttering. It sounded like a girl's voice, listening in he Fifi? who the hell is Fifi? That her Dog or something? Then he heard a man's voice Fun to play with today? The hell is going on in there? Then the door opened, it was just a woman, wait that was the woman from last night...the one who had to deal with the idiot. Then the voice spoke up again. Once more out of nowhere That...is not a good sign...either she is an excellent ventriloquist, possible, I do in fact have brain trauma, also possible or something is far off base. He decided to chalk it up to option two, for the sake of convenience and sanity.

Then she asked him a question, "Well my Head hurts like I got hit with a brick...then again judging by the attitude of our mutual harasser, he might have been intelligent as one. Though it probably would an insult to bricks everywhere." He scratched his head careful to avoid the bruise. "Thanks by the way, I'm assuming your the one who dragged me out of there, and probably the reason why I'm not passed out in the drunk tank, or based on the voices the hospital. Names Aaron by the way."

She couldn't help but let out a laugh about his brick comment, stopping to look back at him. "Yes I do believe that would be an insult to bricks." She stares at him for a moment, evaluating his expression at catching his soft spoken comment. "Evie... is mine... and yes, with some help If it makes you feel any better he ended up cold on the floor thanks to a beer bottle" She chuckles a bit at that thought knowing she shouldn't be laughing about someone's pain but he deserved it. "And I thank you as well. You didn't have to step in like that and I'm sorry about your head... I didn't think it fair for you to end up in jail for trying to do good... Anyways I'm sorry I don't have anything stronger than aspirin" She grabs herself a pair of aspirin and a glass of water, downing the aspirin and then the water before making her way back into the room Aaron was in. She leans against the doorway for a moment looking over at him. "Do you want to go grab some breakfast? I found the best cure for a hangover are pancakes from the place a block over. Plus I owe you something for taking a few hits" She wasn't exactly ready to let him out of her sight just yet. Even though he would probably end up chopping what he heard up as a dream or hallucination, if he mentioned it to the wrong person it could be disastrous for her. She wasn't ready to just up and ask him what he heard either in case he was already thinking that.

Aaron looked Evie in the door way, "It's alright about the whole asprin thing, it's better to wake up to something that can help then nothing." To her other question he nodded, "Yeah I could go for some pancakes, Kinda starving. Christ, what time is it anyway? Feels like I should have had lunch by now." He ruminated on the voice he heard silently. It'd not spoken up again, yeah probably just some mental trauma that had passed. Gonna need to get that check out later, but for right now things seem to be holding together.

Evie glances over at the clock. "It's 11:43... which is actually pretty early for me. I'm more of a night owl." She states with a shrug as she grabs her coat and grabs her keys. Sure the place was close enough to walk but she had no desire to walk in her hung over state and doubted if Aaron was up to it."And breakfast is one of those meals you can have whenever." She slips on her coat as she walks out of the house with him, locking the door behind her, driving to the diner she referred to earlier that served 24 hour breakfast. "So are you notorious for rushing in to save damsels in distress? Or were you just craving a beat down?" She asks with a chuckle when she walks inside to get a table with him.

Aaron wasn't to happy about the time answer, " 11:43? Early? Usually by now I've been up for a few hours. Though yeah breakfast is an anytime meal." The drive was short though to be honest not walking a lot was probably the best. The voice hadn't returned and clearly things were returning to normal. Upon entering the Dinner he got another question proposed to him, "Do I have a habit of rescuing damsels in distress? Not really, I wasn't really even up for a fight, I had a bad day yesterday and I just wanted to drink." He leaned back and chuckled, "Besides you apparently didn't need any saving from that idiot, you just needed a distraction. Not much of a Damsel in distress if you beat up your own dragon."

Evie laughs. "Yeah I've been known to hold my own but the distraction is what gave me a leg up. I swear he fell just like a damn tree" She chuckles before looking over at the waitress as she comes over to take their order. "I'll take a coffee, a water, the blueberry pancakes, and a side of bacon" She states before leaning back in her seat while waiting for him to order. She bit her lip thoughtfully, she had a ton of questions to ask him that weren't exactly the kind you ask someone you just met.

He nodded at the waitress, "Water, pancakes and side of bacon." He returned to the conversation with Evie, "Yeah still that tree packed quite a punch, trust me my jaw still feels like it."Rubbing to add into the point, "Ahh well I at least can guess he's going to spend a night in the drunk tank, or maybe get charged with public disturbance." He shrugged, happy to know at least he was getting some form of retribution in that fact. The looking at her he noticed something, "Biting your lip? Something on your mind?"

"I bet. I'm really sorry about that. That guy was the definition of an asshole....I'm pretty sure at least one of those things happened" She just shrugs at his question, not realizing she had been so obvious. "Just realizing I'm eating breakfast with someone who's name is the only thing I know about them. So for the sake of making conversation, what do you do for a living?" She asks in attempt to figure him out a bit, still trying to figure out what to do about the whole him hearing what he shouldn't have thing.

"Me? My job? Ohh just a clerk at the grocery store on 34th. Not very interesting, go in do my job clock out head back home. Customers can be a hassle...or can really be very nice, depends on the day. Pays...well it pays enough for the rent, barely though." he tapped on the table, thinking about her question, "You know I can ask the same thing to you." He said with a slight chuckle, "I got your name and the fact that your a decent human being, getting me out of there and all, now how about you? What job do you have to support yourself in that house?"

"Yeah I'm not a big people person, I don't think I could deal with people on a daily basis like that" She smiles at being called a decent human being. "Well I obviously couldn't leave you there, it wouldn't be fair for you to get charged for doing a good deed. Not many would step in like you did which I sadly know from experience. I seem to be a magnet to assholes, I don't know what it is about me that calls them to me but it never fails I run into at least one when I go out, even when I act as unapproachable as possible. But anyways, I'm a curator at the natural history museum.... it's a pretty decent gig, it pays pretty well and I get to choose my hours so that's always a plus..."

Aaron looked rather surprised at the last statement, "Curator at the natural history museum...now that is an interesting job! Animal skeletons, living fossils and more. That is a lot better then punching in a few numbers at the local store. Blows it out of the water in fact!" To be fair though, anything would be more interesting that his current job, it was very easy to say that when the most interesting thing to happen in a month or two, was a robbery at the store. The crook was stupid enough to do it while there was a uniformed cop all the way in the back he didn't check for. He returned to the conversation at hand, "That had to be more than a bit of work! Also had to involve a half decent college. Which one did you go to?"

Evie laughs at his reaction to her job title. "Believe it's not as glamorous as you think" She makes a slight face at him asking about college, most people didn't delve that deeply into it. It was refreshing that someone was actually interested and that she didn't have to explain what a curator was. "I didn't exactly go to college. I suppose you can call my area of expertise a family business so to speak... I literally was in both senses "grandfathered" in" She states with a chuckle. "But enough about me, you're bound to get bored if I keep going on" She states with the shake of her head, mostly wanting to change the topic. "What did you want to be doing? I'm sure you didn't have dreams of being a grocer growing up, no offense. A job's a job after all I'm just curious"

He nodded at her story about the whole college thing, though in his mind he thought, Don't care if your grandad was the former curator. You only get in there with a college degree. Somethings not right here. Ehh can't place my finger on it. Still he pushed it out of his mind. It was odd yes but not too odd... Though it would be impolite to tarry, he continued on with her questions. "What do I want to do? Hmm, probably Electrical engineering. I have an appreciation for wiring and such, ever since at my old house the fuse box broke about 4 times a month, dad was usually at work, so someone had to read up about it. I went through college got a degree, and everything!" He sighed as he slid down into the chair, "no one was hiring. can't even get a job as an electrician..."

"Electrical engineering? That's pretty impressive" She watches as he slid down in his chair before looking over as their food was brought out to them. "Well don't give up hope, I'm sure someone's gotta be hiring eventually" She states glad to turn the subject off of her. She starts picking at her pancakes glancing over at him briefly still not entirely sure what to do about him. He seemed relatively harmless and just your every day person, it didn't seem like he'd go running to anyone about what happened this morning. She glances at the clock hanging in the restaurant, knowing she could only keep things quiet for so long. She turns her attention back to him. "So where do I need to take you after breakfast? The parking lot of the bar or somewhere's else?" She asks while picking at her food.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, need that sometimes." As to her next question he nodded, "Apartment on 43rd street, nice looking one columns out in front can't miss it. It's fairly close walk to the bar, gotta say it's usually pleasant." generally the walks were a means of achieving clarity of thought even when it was in a slightly drunken stupor. Generally they allowed him to go over the days antics. and anything he missed. He felt sad he'd missed out on last night's walk. He returned his attention to his breakfast.

He was about to go for another bite of his pancakes when he stopped. Clarity had hit him. For something that was a hallucination...that voice was remarkably clear...sure he had head trauma, but no concussions, he hadn't died while asleep, Not did anyone need to call an ambulance for him. Physical trauma was looking like a bad excuse for what he heard. Hangovers never hit him that hard either, sure he'd drunk a bit, but he'd only gotten a few rounds in. Not even of the really potent stuff. Mix that with sleeping for anywhere between 10-12 hours...Any alcohol should have left his system. That ruled out alcohol induced hallucination.

Something else came to him, he looked at Evie, there used to be a mark on her arm. He could have sworn he saw something glowing red. He scratched his chin, what was it? Circle? curves? an arrow in there somewhere? Where was it now. Something wasn't clicking, something was off. He couldn't help but feel that it all was no trauma, no, it was certainly real. He glanced quickly at where the mark had been, and returned to eating his pancakes.

"I think I know where you're talking about" She states as he describes the apartment complex. She raised an eyebrow curiously as he stopped mid bite as if he just remembered something. When he didn't bring it up and when she saw him turn his attention to her she glances down back down at her plate, taking a bite of her own pancakes but still feeling his gaze on her. Her shoulders slouch a bit in disappointment, pretty sure what she knew what hit his mind when he looked over at her. She strums her fingers along the table thoughtfully, she couldn't just let him go and blab his mouth to roommates if he had any, friends, or any coworkers. Most would think he was hallucinating or crazy but there would be a very few that would know what he was talking about and though the odds were slim she couldn't risk that. She finishes her breakfast quietly, finally speaking up when the waitress brings over the check. She hands the cash for the meal to the waitress and looks over at Aaron. "If you're not in a rush to get home, how would you like a tour of the museum? A behind the scenes type of one, I can show you what I do" She states pushing some hair behind her ear, it would make explaining things a hell of a lot easier, having decided that was her only option at this point. She just hoped he was curious enough to want to go, especially since he seemed skeptical of how she got the job without a degree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back