• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Everyone has their Demons Der Kojote&xx0mittens0xx

She noticed the glance. He thought to himself. The slouched shoulders said enough. There was what seemed like an unsettling silence that fell upon the table. Only punctuated by the rapping of Evie's fingers on the table. The silence continued until the check came. Then she spoke up, asking about the behind the scenes tour of her job. On the one hand this is starting to sound sketch, on the other hand...answers. He nodded, "Sure I'm not in a hurry. I can take a tour."

Evie smiles when he agrees on a tour. "Great." She grabs her coat before slipping out of her chair and puts on the coat before making her way out of the restaurant and to her car when she knew Aaron was following. When they get to the museum she makes her way down one of the back corridors with him. "I'm supposing you're wondering what the hell you heard this morning..." She glances over her shoulder at him for a moment before looking ahead with a sigh. This was why she didn't have friends, how do you explain something like this to someone? She pulls a key card from her wallet and swipes it in the slot above the doorknob before heading inside. She flicks on the light and shrugs off her coat putting it on the back of her chair at her desk. One wall had a bookcase packed with everything from old parchments to newer looking books. Another wall had a the typical museum wall of pull out drawers. The third wall had held her desk with a laptop, scattered with random papers and newspaper clippings. All seemingly normal things, what wasn't so normal was the fourth wall that was completely covered in metal that seemed to separate from the middle to open. "My studies are in demonology.... and no I'm not some crazy religious person..." She rubs her forehead for a moment trying to figure out how to explain this to him.

The trip to the museum was fairly uneventful, nothing occurred that screamed, HEY I'M THE REASON FOR THE CRAZINESS THIS MORNING LOOK AT ME! The trip through the museum however was eventful as they were now heading through the back corridors. Getting to the stuff that no one really gets the chance to look at. As they continued he noticed her sigh and then address him. "Yeah, giant booming voices out of no where tend to be fairly concerning. One normally does not experience them." However then she opened the door to her office, and that is when he really got into the land of "This is Out of my league."

The giant metal door was the first object of concern, was it a vault? was it a barrier? was it something that should not be opened? These were the questions he asked himself. Then things got more complicated and slightly disturbing. "My studies are in demonology.... and no I'm not some crazy religious person..." He nodded with an odd look on his face, "Uh-huh...demonolgy..." The word was staccato, every syllable felt like a weight falling to the floor. "O-ok...umm let me get this straight...demons, like Lucifer...we talking the beings that will rip your soul out in a bargain and use it as currency." He leaned against the desk looking at the metal door with a forlorn look on his face." This got to him on a few levels, he was Catholic, he was not to fond of things that generally were the bastion of evil. Lastly the implications of the voice from earlier. He slowly turned his head toward Evie. "Evie...was that a demon...talking in open air...earlier?" Again his words spaced, he was coming to the realization of the scenario he was in if it was true.

Evie leans against her desk watching Aaron take everything in and listens to his comments. "Well some are like Lucifer but some aren't "evil" and are allowed to be of this world as long as they don't cause trouble. To your second question, yes it was. My exact job title would be "demon hunter". The only way to rid a demon of the world is to place them somewhere they can't escape which happens to be a human body. And I obviously couldn't inflict that on someone else. If you just send them back where they came from then they'll just come back eventually. It's not like "possession" I'm fully aware of myself. It's like having a very annoying roommate around all the time. Furfur is the only one I've had to capture since joining the ranks. I wasn't lying about my grandfather getting me the job. My father couldn't hand let it, seeing what it's done to my grandfather... and I'm rambling on when this is more than a lot to take in..." she watches his expression after taking in everything she just said.

Still leaning on the desk Aaron nodded at every word Evie said. This indeed all was a lot to take in at once. He stared at the girl that apparently tracked down demons. She looked normal, not someone a person would normally imagine demon hunting. He glanced around again, "so Museum curator. is more, Curator of Malicious demons. Alright I can understand that. I think." He tapped on the desk with a finger. A concerned look crossed his face. "Now, here's another question. Obviously I haven't heard of this profession, or any of it's activities. I gota ask...now that you told me a lot of things...whats going to happen? I mean...somehow I don't think you want this getting out in public...or we'd have some sort of Demon-centric neighborhood watch already. But I'm not dead...so that is a good sign..."

She laughs a little at the title he gives, relieved he wasn't completely freaking out by the information. "Something like that." She folds her arms across her as he asks what was to happen. "And it's a good sign you're not thinking I'm some whack job.... but I don't know to be honest. I can't necessarily trust you not to go blabbing your mouth, not saying that you would. Just as with anything there are people who would much rather have demons malicious in nature running around, so much so there's actually an organization. Plus all the crazy religious folks. But I'm not going into that. But what to do with you well we don't exactly have protocol for something like this, it usually doesn't happen. And no" She chuckles a little. "I don't kill civilians for knowing too much. I just usually don't have people over, over night, as you might guess my social life is terrible. But anyways rambling again..."

She paces around the room a bit before looking back at him, biting her lip again, pausing briefly before pacing again while speaking."Furfur doesn't sense evil in you and nor do I... and yes he still talks to me even when I silence him for everyone else to hear. Which is probably even more crazy than talking out loud... or not I've lost my sense of what's "crazy" a while ago...I've just come really good at ignoring him... but I guess that's kind of pointless now, keeping him quiet I mean. I can only silence him for so long anyways....but rambling again I have a bad habit... like I said social skills are horrible. Anyways back to you, just because I sense that you seem like a decent guy doesn't mean you won't tell someone you think means no harm but is someone they're not, especially other demons. They can appear human but have a way of manipulating people out of information" She sighs frustratedly, there was a lot to explain and a lot she didn't know what to do about Aaron knowing. She looks over at him again, staying silent for a while before speaking up again. "Would you want a job that wasn't putting food in a bag? That paid better than it as well?"

Aaron sighed when he heard about the rival organization, as well as the crazy religious folks. "Great, a collection of nut jobs...yeah lets keep the malicious demons around. They totally won't bite you in the rear the first chance it becomes convenient. and Religious groups? we talking the Burn em' at stake crowd or are we talking like a cult." He scratched his head and sat down in the desk chair. This was a little bit much to take in at once. though he was quite happy about the fact she plainly said I'm not going to kill you.

He watched as she walked around the room, he raised an eyebrow to the next round of comments, "Awh, but then your going to have wonderful asides with each-other. I'll feel left out of the conversation. Then again considering the current state of slight bewilderment i'm currently in...I probably wouldn't be able to follow it anyway." To the comment about demons in human form he thought to himself, "Wait...so I could have been passing a demon on the street not recognize it?" He scratched his chin, "damn makes me wonder how many bar-flies looking for a hook up are Succubi...unless that's not real. Or is it." He stared blankly at the wall for a bit, while his mind now ran with question, So much myth, so much adapted fantasy, cultural tales? How much was real? how much was fantasy, and exaggeration. The questions spun in his head like great turbines powering his curiosity.

Then She spoke up one last time, a simple question, and one that sounded like a job offer. He pondered it for a moment, "Hmm...depends on what this job would entail?"

"For the religious groups they think you're damning your soul by taking a demon in and believe once it's sent back it won't come back and if it does it's God's will or some bat shit crazy thinking like that. They think you're as bad as the demon by taking it in; that it taints you or whatever because you know, I don't have any free will or anything" She rolls her eyes. "Well he doesn't exactly have the best manners but there are worse demons than him out there so for my first demon I got lucky. Some people don't make it a day after the "merge" when taking in some of the more serious ones.... But yes you could walk past one and not know it. And yes succubi, incubus, that type of thing are real and are usually "harmless". They don't truly harm anyone to the point of noticing so they're allowed to be left alone unless they cause trouble." She turns back to the job offer and shrugs. "There would hardly ever be a dull moment. It's a good way to stay in shape and you get to learn about all kinds of cool legends and stories... if that's your thing" She walks over to the metal wall flips open a key pad and punches in a few numbers before the wall moves downward into the floor to reveal a wall full of various armor, weapons, vials, and other miscellaneous items that weren't so easy to identify. "Plus you get to play with cool gadgets. Oh you also get to use whatever your demon has up it's sleeve" She says with a smirk before sending a lightning bolt to hit in the middle of the room, lighting up the room almost blindingly and leaving a singe mark on the round carpet. "He also knows some rather interesting things which is a plus but I'm not going to delve into that for now"

The explanation was straight forward, and yes the religious fanatics sounded like a "fun" crowd, one that would probably would be more than bible thumpers. The demon explanation did again level some question of how many he'd passed without even knowing it, however, it seemed that for the most part, there was no problem. However the last part about the job details, was incredibly interesting. He looked as she walked over to the metal wall. When it flipped the amount of weaponry and armor on the other side was amazing. He couldn't help but chuckle, "Ok, screw the national guard depot in the event of an apocalypse...this is much better."

"Oh you also get to use whatever your demon has up it's sleeve" Aaron was about to say something when Evie shot bolt of lightning. The result was a blinding Flash. "JESUS CHRIST...warn me next time you're going to do something like that!" He stood there rubbing his eyes. clearing them from the near blinding light he'd just experienced. "Alright...So far your promising danger, demons, gadgets, and magic...I can either take that...or I could try and forget this, and go back to the grocery store." Sure there was safety at the store...and a line of customers...and screaming children. Also old angry ladies, and a terrible boss. Throw those facts in with a He looked up at the wall. Then back to Evie. Then back to the wall. "Yeah...the more I think about it...the more appealing this becomes. sign me up."

"Believe me, zombies would be a synch compared to some of the demons out there. And it loses it's appeal when I warn someone. Or at least I think it would. I've never really shown it to anyone" She states with a shrug before grinning when he agrees. "Great! It'll be so awesome to have someone else to share this with. Not that I'm the only one in the world, it's just, there's not many of us so we kind of get spread thin over areas... and I'm probably more excited about this than I should be. I don't keep too many friends... but anyways." She moves to the bookcase browsing through it before grabbing a few books. She takes them over to the desk setting them down. "Consider those to be an intro to demonology, it'll give you the basics on what kinds of demons there are and their weaknesses, strengths, etc... After you kind of have an idea for that I'll show you how to identify a demon, sometimes it's easy sometimes not so much. Then we'll get the wall.... Do you have any training with guns or swords or anything in general? or even a preference?" She asks blowing some hair out of her face.

Aaron looked at stack of books some of them looked fairly lengthy. "Oh God...that...that looks like it is a lot of reading material." He flipped through a few pages, some of the pages were in English, a few pages were in latin, with attached notes and appendices with translations. "Ok...yeah that is a lot of reading, and you say this is an into." He looked at her with an raised eyebrow. "I had friends in social sciences that had less reading in 300 level classes...ahh well, I'll get started as soon as possible." He was flipping through the first book in the pile when She talked about the wall. "Umm weapons...Let me say this...on the plus side you're working with a blank canvass. I have no bad habits regarding martial training! Mostly because I have no training at all.." He then scratched his head at the last part of the question, "umm prefrence...be ready for anything?"

"You're not expected to read them word for word, and I don't mind giving you a summary if need be or have study sessions if need be, whatever gets you there. You know where I live and..." She rips a piece of paper from a notebook on the desk and scribbles her number. "And now you have my number. But it's easier growing up around a grandfather who's been conditioning you for it your whole life." She shakes her head at that thought, her childhood was definitely far from normal. She looks over at him and chuckles a little. "That's true I suppose, though you'll have to be patient with me. I've never actually taught someone how to be a demon hunter so it's kind of a new experience there for me...but I mean what weapon would you prefer to train with. You'll be expected to be proficient in all, but everyone has their favorite....though you have time to decide it'll be a bit before we get to that anyways" She looks at him with the bite of her lip again. "I know this is a lot to take in and you can still back out if you want to, but I promise you the pay is worth it and it comes with some nice perks..." She states actually hoping he'd still be willing, the idea of having someone else do this job made her think she may be able to keep her sanity after all.

He leaned back in the chair, What to pick what to pick. looking at the wall and all of the weapons on it. He saw many potential candidates for mastery. "Mostly you'll have to be patient with me, trust me, I can be extremely patient. I've had to be patient for multiple years. One does not stay a clerk at a store without learning how to be calm and deal with things." He stood up from the chair, "But, yes I'll take the option of, wait to choose the primary weapon, I've not touched a blade, nor really picked up and shot a gun. I honestly wouldn't know which one I liked the most. For all I know it could just be a spur of the moment decision." He paused thinking about what he was doing. "Still this maybe a spur of the moment thing, the whole demon hunter deal. But, one doesn't get an opportunity like this every day. I'm not backing out now."

She smiles. "Wise decision" She states to his comment about waiting until he had a chance to experience each weapon. "No. One does not get an opportunity like this every day that's for sure but I'm glad you've decided to take it."

Great another demon hunter, right when I almost had you completely tethered away from reality.... so Aaron is it? Can you deal with having an entity inside you that might just know you better than you know yourself? To judge you and make you question your dreams, shake your confidence and even break you down completely?"

Evie just rolls her eyes. "Don't let his over dramatic speech scare you. You know them just as well they know you and can turn all of that right back on them. But this job isn't for the weak of heart. You'll need to be able to distinguish between your voice and the demon's. They'll try to break you, they don't exactly like being confined into a restricted form... but you get the cool side effects like in my case lightning as well as a few other things. You're ridding the world of some of it's evils. There's also the whole extended life thing too, I believe there's a guy out in California going on 200 but looks to be in his 40s. After a while you kind of get a compromise with your demon, at least I'm told, Furfur is more like an annoying child nagging the back of my mind than anything. The whole ability to talk out loud is an issue but I can show you how to silence them for an amount of time, at least to other people you can't completely silence them in your head. At least we've not been able to find out how to yet... Aaanyways I'm giving you a lot of information in one day so I should probably break all this up and not make it so overwhelming, especially after your head injury" She puts the pin in once more and has the wall return to simply metal before looking back at Aaron. "I suppose we should call it a day, any questions before hand?"

Aaron shook his head at the demon's voice, "Oh God... if they're anything like you it's going to be annoying as hell, I've already had to deal with judgement from everyone in my grocery line, also Catholic, all I deal with is guilt and judgment, and more guilt." he then proceeded to chuckle. "As for the broken dreams? I've been working as a clerk at a grocery store for about a year now. All I've been dealing with let down." He then stretched a bit, "Yeah, this is a lot of information to take in, and coupled with the injury probably shouldn't be going into it too far. So yeah calling it a day probably would be a good idea."

Evie laughs. "You get used to it... somewhat.. Alright then. How about you meet me here about noon tomorrow if that works for you? And I'll have lunch here and we can go over some of the history and what not. I'm afraid we'll have to start with the boring stuff first. Or well compared to some of the other things anyways..."

(Sorry its a bit short figured I'd need a response from your character before just leaving. Also sorry the delay work and exams got in the way again. My day starts this morning with someone bringing in a cat that got sTuck in a snap trap T_T )

Aaron nodded at Evie's statement. "alright noon sounds good. I'll just send in a letter of resignation to my old job today. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle, considering I need a bit of rest from the blow to the head. Still, history sounds like a good place to start...considering that this is all going to be new, might as well start somewhere." He gave a wave and headed to the entrance, "Later Evie, oh and later Fur. Gonna be interesting working with both of you. Though the later might get a bit annoying."

(again as always it's fine but Christ, cat alright?)

"Yes well he can be helpful at times but mostly annoying. But some rest is probably a good idea" She grabs a couple of books to brush herself up on a few things since she never actually had to teach or describe how things worked, she had just always learned on her own or her grandfather taught her the information. "I suppose you'd like a ride back to the bar to get your car" She states as she walks out of the room and locks the door remembering she was the one who brought him here. She walks with him out of the museum and to her own car. Once Aaron had climbed in she drops him off at the bar with another goodbye and heads back to her own house to mostly be lazy after reviewing the few books she brought home since the effects of the hang over were still lingering around.

(The cat was VERY lucky. The snap trap got her around her hips/spine. The owners didn't want to do X-Rays because it's just a stray they've fed and fixed and what not. She feeds a bunch of them so she does what she can for them. But anyways we put her on steroids and she's responding so it just sounds like she just bruised her spine. She's lucky it didn't paralyze her.)

The trip back to the bar was uneventful, nary a word was spoken. He walked to his car luckily it had not been broken into, or otherwise vandalized. Guess I can count myself thankful for that. He got in it, and drove back to his apartment The drive was nice, albit he took it slow, not wanting to push himself to much, still the past conversation was ringing in his head, So much to go over, so much to do, I'm going to be working with demon hunters and Demons...hell, i'm going to have to come up with a cover story...Electrician at the Museum? Yeah parents would buy that. When he got back to his apartment, he immediately began working on his letter for resignation. if there was one thing he was looking forward to, it was quitting his old job.

(a. time skip?)

(B. Damn, lucky indeed, sorry haven't posted I get distracted bad...something i need to work on, how is that cat doing now?)

(Ok I am a horrible person. First I apologize for my absence, some people on RpN had really really worked my nerves, not you of course, and I nearly gave up on the site since it's worked my nerves since the big change, so I apologize again. Secondly I've found myself less active on RpN and more active on http://www.valucre.com/ and yes I'm shamelessly putting it out there lol and I've joined Army of Souls which has kept me busy. Anyways yes a time skip is in order and the cat is getting better every time we see her. And if it's been too long and you don't want to continue this rp let me know I won't be offended but again, sorry)

Evie made her way back to her office the next morning a bit before Aaron would arrive, already informing the guards and other personnel that he'd be working here for her. She sets the pizza she grabbed on her way here on her desk for the time being while she slides a step stool over to the book cases as she grabs a couple books she'd need as well as unlocking the metal wall and opening a drawer along the bottom pulling out a few vials and setting them with the books. She taps her nose thoughtfully before going over to one of the drawers that weren't hidden away pulling out an album and a shoebox setting them in the same area as well. She looks over everything once more before deciding she had most of what she needed, if not it wasn't like it'd be hard to grab.

(Again it's fine, and again, you are not a horrible person, sorry to hear people are getting on your nerves, I normally hang out with the group on team speak, not an annoying group rather nice anyway, yes I still wish to continue.)

Aaron's boss had received the note in a state of confusion. The fact that he'd quit in such a rush was odd, even more, the fact now he had to find someone else to work his shift. Aaron meanwhile was quite happy, finally he was moving on to something else, something bigger, better, and with far less grocery lines, though considering what he was going to be dealing with, in all honesty, the customers might of be an improvement. Only slightly though. The drive to the museum was a bit farther than his usual one, but it felt nice doing something new for a change. He walked through the doors and headed to the back where Evie had her office, He came to the door knocked on it, and leaned in the door way, "Ok, so officially quit the old job, so now only have attention on this."

Evie looks over at Aaron when he arrives and grins. "Great! Let's celebrate with some pizza then hmm?" She makes her way over to him and shuts the door behind him once he was inside. She heads over to her desk where she had the pizza, flipping it open and smiling at the smell. "I hope you like supreme, it's my favorite. I figured if not at the very least you could pick all the stuff off." She grabs a napkin and places a slice of pizza on it before handing over to him. She grabs her own slice taking a bite before motioning over to her chair. "I suppose I'll have to get you your own desk and at the very least another chair" She says thoughtfully before taking another bite. "You'll have to be patient with me. I've never really done this whole working with another person thing but I'm hoping it'll make life a little easier" She takes another bite before pulling a projection screen down and starting up her computer.

(Happy belated Thanksgiving btw lol)

Aaron nodded as he helped himself to the pizza, "Yeah either that or your going to have me standing around awkwardly for hours on end." he sat in the chair and responded to her comment. "Don't worry, if there's one skill I've gained by dealing with people at the store, it's patience." He shrugged with a smirk, "and so far you haven't done half bad, the pizza is definitely a good start, feeding employees always is a good way to boost morale." He leaned back in the chair, "So how's the third member of the team? He currently ruminating about how much fun he's going to have with the newbie?"

(Sorry about my inactivity. Finals kicked my butt and apparently I have a tendency to fade into the darkness lol But I'm back! and I love the santa hat on your icon btw.)

"I'd like to hope so. I figured everyone loves pizza" She states with a chuckle. "And he's been strangely quiet. I think there's that and the fact he may need to change his tactics. Now that I have someone to talk to about these things he can't simply push my thoughts in the direction he'd like them to go...." She runs her fingers through her hair thoughtfully.

" I'm just evaluating what to do with this guy. I nearly had you cracked and considering to set me loose before this guy came around.... Now that's all shot to hell and I am none too happy... "

"You're never happy, so no new news there. Anyways...." She makes her way over to the projector and sets it up before taking a seat on an open spot on her desk after grabbing the clicker for it. "I figured we could start off with getting you familiar with the types of demons out there. I figured pictures would be more useful than reading rather monotonously from a book...."

Aaron nodded, "Yeah in all fairness, they kinda get thick after a while, I've not had to read so much in a while, kinda makes the head spin. So many demons, then there are the subtypes, and the archetypes... the undiscovered... Christ how long has this order been going on to categorize all this? I'm guessing that some of those books are older than Gutenburg's press. Probably would be a lot safer for the material as well, handing a newbie some really old tomes might not be the best Idea for future generations."

He settled into his chair, "also these historical depictions? or actual in field observations? Also sorry If the questions keep flowing, this is a lot of stuff to take in, even on the second day...or technically the first dedicated day to this. Yesterday being the into pitch." It really was, also, Evie's comments were sticking to him, How long until he himself had a demon crawling in his head constantly questioning him, ridiculing him insulting him...It was going to be interesting alright.

(it's alright, kinda was worried you had left the site TBH. Hopefully you did well on your finals. and thank you! I can try and get your ferret a santa hat via MS paint)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back