If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
there's something in FEAR, something it can smell.
and no parts will go to WASTE.
twenty-three years ago, tragedy struck twice. first, billy taggart's attack in the fields to darry jenner's capture within the police station. nobody suspected that murder would strike upon the otherwise serene town, especially at the hands of something unknown. they called it the creeper. every twenty-third spring for twenty-three days, it gets to eat, feast, and replenish all strength that is lost during its hibernation. and like an apex predator, when the creeper wakens, it stalks it's victims slowly.
fearful locals called their children inside before street lamps turned on and law enforcement stayed on constant patrol to try and restore a sense of security. by taking simple measures, they believed that they had the upper hand against the creeper. but staying alive was far from simple as long as it was awake.
once a part of those fearful locals, some learned to turn their fear into anger. they don't hide, but they hunt the demonic creature down to its recent footsteps. they travel in packs and NEVER alone to preserve their own safety. because after the creeper wiped out police officers within their own station, some believed that there was no safety in dependency in their law enforcement.
after the twenty-three-day massacre is over, however, some peace is restored in knowing that they can try to return to their own sense of normalcy. worry subsides by a twinge even though some residents are left to mourn their losses after the creeper's recent hunts.
but not for long.
twenty-three springs never seems long enough for residents knowing what's to come again; what will be watching, waiting, and hiding in plain sight. though, murder seems to have come early. bodies left within lake panasoffkee to inverness, florida have been found. only this time they're brandishing different wounds from punctures to gashes. survivors know that the creeper's marks are more severe than that, more gory in comparison to what's being found this time.
with only two days left until the creeper's awakening, some are geared to hide and some are geared to survive, but most are prepared to come out alive against the demonic creature. no one, however, was prepared to fight a force that seems to be masked within the inside.
it is an ancient, mysterious demon; a bat out of hell. it hunts for twenty-three days every twenty-third spring, feasting on human organs to eat and replenish its own damaged ones. where it resides, so does evil, as it thrives on not only the fear of its victims but the suffering it causes to their loved ones. surviving the creeper seems to be near impossible. seeing its truck or stumbling upon its lair is a death sentence. as long as you fear it, the creeper will find you.
a semi-rural town in central florida. it's often overlooked to passerbys, it's restrooms and gas stations only being a pit-stop before somewhere greater. it's a town that only residents or their family members seem to love and cherish so much. that was before the attacks occurred. still, no one seems to have the heart or money to leave.
some can be nice to outsiders, while others can become rather impatient with their arrival. everyone who isn't native or related to one is seen as a liability to their own safety, internally fearful that they will just attract the creeper right into their neighborhoods and into their homes. although outsiders never know what kind of native they will be facing, everyone shares a common goal: survival. among these survivors and locals are trish jenner (darry jenner's sister), jack taggart jr. (billy taggart's brother), and jezelle hartman.
the latest threat, other than the creeper, that now resides within central florida. residents don't know if it's one or many, their own neighbors or strangers. all they know is that it aims to kill other residents no matter the cost. their murders seem to be sacrificial, however; an attempt to appease the creeper in return of their own safety. their early attacks were mainly ruled as murders with no ties to the creeper, but their numbers are growing and their trail of bodies seems to be creeping closer to inverness.
where'd ya get those eyes?
• this is a horror/survival rp — characters will die. it is highly encouraged that you double up if you apply with an intent to stay in the group for awhile.
• due to the subject matter & for personal comfort, this will be an 18+ group. also, if you're finicky about subjects such as death or gore, this is not a group for you.
• must have discord; outside discussions about plots & such will be held there.
• although there are no roles, this is application-based and i will choose which characters fit.
• all rpn rules apply on and off the site.
posting & activity guidelines
• i ask that everyone posts at least once or twice weekly, each post containing a minimum of 400 words.
• this is somewhat of a ghost-friendly rp! if your interest runs out or you don't have time anymore, just let me know! while i would prefer fluid player to gm communication, no one is obligated to explain their personal lives to me. it's more of a courtesy thing to me and your peers. be aware that your characters are liable to be killed off, however, if you choose to leave without notice. how they will die will also be my decision.
• the identity of new victims will be known to me and whoever is chosen to maintain a shock factor.
• you may choose if your character is local or not, but please speak to me first if you want your character to be related to a main npc such as trish, jack, or jezelle.
• the creeper will be an npc.
• no god-modding/group plotting without discussing it ooc with all relevant players and their characters.
• drama and romance aren't primary factors, but please keep it in-character if you choose to involve them.
• resolve conflicts privately and involve the gm if needed. i reserve the right to boot anyone that proves to be an issue within the group.
i think the amount of interest this has now
is good enough to start making threadsss. so i’ll get
started on making a temp. ooc & cs. the ooc will come
first for those of you who still have lingering questions.
, twin peaks
, & thinking
decided last minute, but this group is now open
for applications again & it’ll remain that way until the deadline on MONDAY, SEPT. 25TH @ 11:59PDT. remember, this is application based & everything you need to know is in the links provided. start with the ooc
thread below and work your way through.
coded by uxie! fonts used: big title subheader/body text to replace fonts, add/replace them here, and then in the variables below under *fonts; check uxie's tech support in nine lives for more details ( ‾́ ◡ ‾́ ) ----hidden scroll---- ----title text---- ---*...