• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Evergreen Circus || OPEN

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
"A nine tailed fox, huh?" Aubrey seemed excited, doubly so when he mentioned Katya. Katya was a sweet kid, and reminded her slightly of one of the children she'd lived with at one of the houses, so although they hadn't met many times, Aubrey had doted on her when they had. "Oh!"

She turned to face the girl who had joined them at the table. "Hello! I'm Aubrey!" She shook her hand - paw? - vigorously with a smile. As she did this, she was attempting to subtly count how many tails Candy had. She looked more like a dog than a fox, curiously. "Nice to meet you, Candy."

[class=credit] width:50%; text-align:right; margin:auto; font-size:10px; color:gray; [/class] [class name=credit maxWidth=800px] width:1000%; text-align:right; margin:auto; font-size:10px; color:gray; [/class] [class=contain] background:white; border:.5px solid lightgray; width:50%; height:auto; margin:auto; color:gray; background:#f9f9f9; [/class] [class name=contain maxWidth=800px] background:white; border:.5px solid lightgray; overflow:; width:500000%; height:auto; margin: auto; color:gray; background:#f9f9f9; [/class] [class=box1] float:left; width:29.82%; height:300px; [/class] [class name=box1 maxWidth=800px] float:left; width:29.82%; height:300px; [/class] [class=pic] background-image:URL(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/6f/ae/f5/6faef5a41bf4da2764f2883d94af8ffa.jpg); background-size:200%; margin:15px; height:265px; border:.5px solid lightgray; [/class] [class name=pic maxWidth=800px] background-image:URL(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/9a/47/389a47b32a894e731105fc0833c545c1.gif); background-size:300%; margin:15px; height:265px; border:.5px solid lightgray; [/class] [class=box2] background:white; border-left:.5px solid lightgray; width:69.8%; overflow:hidden; height:300px; color:gray; background:#f9f9f9; [/class] [class name=box2 maxWidth=800px] background:white; border:.5px solid lightgray; overflow:; width:1000%; height:295px; margin: auto; color:gray; background:#f9f9f9; [/class] [class=content] margin:10px;background:white;height:145px;border:.100px solid lightgray;padding:10px;line-height:10px;font-size:11px;text-align:justify;overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase; [/class] [class=header] height:auto; text-align:center; padding:20px; color:darkgray; font-size:24px; letter-spacing:3px; line-height:16px; border-bottom:.5px solid lightgray; background:white; [/class] [class name=header maxWidth=800px] height:auto; text-align:center; padding:10px; color:darkgray; font-size:18px; letter-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; border-bottom:.5px solid lightgray; background:white; [/class] [class=subtitle] line-spacing:0px; font-size:18px; [/class] [class=scroll] height:140px; padding-right:10px; overflow:auto; width:100%; [/class] [class name=scroll maxWidth=800px] height:140px; padding:10px; overflow:auto; width:90%; [/class]
[div class=contain] [div class=box1][div class=pic][/div][/div] [div class=box2][div class=header]

REHEMA ABADI
[div class=subtitle]since when was it your heart[/div][/div] [div class=scroll] N Nue + Meme Machine Meme Machine "candy?" rehema echoes, confused as to why there was someone named after a sweet. just how many kind people were there here? if she wasn't careful, she would probably get a sweetness overload- a cavity. what confused the woman even more was the fact that this candy person had been one of the strongmen acts. just then, pastel colors caught rehema's eye from across the cafeteria, causing her to turn and look. that must be candy. she thought to herself, mentally agreeing with the voice in her head that this girl definitely fit her name. "pleasure meeting you. candy. my name is rehema." the woman says, a bit slowly as she gives herself time to take in all the soft toned colors at once. she looks to aubrey at the mention of yet another name. "who is cassian? and...kat..ya?" rehema pronounces the last name with hesitance, unsure if she'd been pronouncing it correctly.
[/div][/div][/div] [div class=credit]云 / YUNN[/div]

Last edited:
Aubrey brightened up at this. "Well, Cassian is one of the knife acts! I met him and Alvar just today, actually. You'll know him when you see him, he has like, massive wings," She made a sweeping motion with her arms at this, almost whacking the people around her in the face, but managing to stop herself just in time. "-Oops, sorry. Umm, and Katya is the daughter of Calista! You'll know Calista, she's the second in command, she seems serious but she's very nice. Katya's only around 5, I think, and she's adorable."

Aubrey grinned. Maybe it was a result of her essentially taking on the role of the older sibling whatever home she was at, but Aubrey had a soft spot for children and regarded herself as good with kids. The fact that Aubrey herself was not.. the most mature at times probably also played into it.

Alvar Circe

Alvar nodded to Aubrey, as she discribed Cassians wings, and couldn’t help himself. He laughed a little. His face flushed a little from laughter, before turning to Rehema.

“Yup! He’s a literal angel.” Alvar said to Rehema, before turning back to Candy and Aubrey. “But Hey, If you see Mr. Crom today, steer Cassian clear of him. Cassian may have..... made a comment and corrected Mr. Crom on somthing. He looked pretty mad, but he hasn’t done anything yet....” Cassian bit his lower lip as he gave Aubrey and Candy the warning, remembering the plain suprise and anger in Mr. Croms posture. Maybe he was thinking to much about it, but better safe than sorry.

Watanabe Candy

Candy’s eyes widened when Alvar mentioned that Maxwell was a little mad at Cassian. Her ears flattened against her head a little, and she made a animal like whine. Candy made a mental note to keep Cassian away whenever she smelled Maxwell near. Everyone had a scent to Candy, and it usually was related to their work and species. Maxwell did not smell...... of this world, to say the least.

“Well that’s not dangerous at all.” Candy said sarcastically, looking to Rehema. “Rīdā Maxwell scares me...” she said plainly, earning a slight frown for Alvar.

Interactions/Mentions

N Nue NIAMH NIAMH Wandering Seraph Wandering Seraph Lunar Lunar

"He did what?" Aubrey sounded distraught, but somewhat impressed at his bravery. "Man, I don't think I'd ever want to correct Mr.Crom on something, even if I was right.. I'd think I might get like.. vaporised or something." She wasn't.. actually sure on what Crom was capable of, actually - she wasn't exactly about to ask him. "But, noted. I'll look out for them."

Aubrey looked thoughtful for a moment, then leaned in and dropped her voice to almost a whisper. "So like, what is Mr.Crom's.. Y'know, deal? He's not a human or anything, that's for sure."
She hadn't been able to have a good gossip since she'd gotten here, and was somewhat excited to have a group to talk to now.

[class=credit] width:50%; text-align:right; margin:auto; font-size:10px; color:gray; [/class] [class name=credit maxWidth=800px] width:1000%; text-align:right; margin:auto; font-size:10px; color:gray; [/class] [class=contain] background:white; border:.5px solid lightgray; width:50%; height:auto; margin:auto; color:gray; background:#f9f9f9; [/class] [class name=contain maxWidth=800px] background:white; border:.5px solid lightgray; overflow:; width:500000%; height:auto; margin: auto; color:gray; background:#f9f9f9; [/class] [class=box1] float:left; width:29.82%; height:300px; [/class] [class name=box1 maxWidth=800px] float:left; width:29.82%; height:300px; [/class] [class=pic] background-image:URL(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/6f/ae/f5/6faef5a41bf4da2764f2883d94af8ffa.jpg); background-size:200%; margin:15px; height:265px; border:.5px solid lightgray; [/class] [class name=pic maxWidth=800px] background-image:URL(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/9a/47/389a47b32a894e731105fc0833c545c1.gif); background-size:300%; margin:15px; height:265px; border:.5px solid lightgray; [/class] [class=box2] background:white; border-left:.5px solid lightgray; width:69.8%; overflow:hidden; height:300px; color:gray; background:#f9f9f9; [/class] [class name=box2 maxWidth=800px] background:white; border:.5px solid lightgray; overflow:; width:1000%; height:295px; margin: auto; color:gray; background:#f9f9f9; [/class] [class=content] margin:10px;background:white;height:145px;border:.100px solid lightgray;padding:10px;line-height:10px;font-size:11px;text-align:justify;overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase; [/class] [class=header] height:auto; text-align:center; padding:20px; color:darkgray; font-size:24px; letter-spacing:3px; line-height:16px; border-bottom:.5px solid lightgray; background:white; [/class] [class name=header maxWidth=800px] height:auto; text-align:center; padding:10px; color:darkgray; font-size:18px; letter-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; border-bottom:.5px solid lightgray; background:white; [/class] [class=subtitle] line-spacing:0px; font-size:18px; [/class] [class=scroll] height:140px; padding-right:10px; overflow:auto; width:100%; [/class] [class name=scroll maxWidth=800px] height:140px; padding:10px; overflow:auto; width:90%; [/class]
[div class=contain] [div class=box1][div class=pic][/div][/div] [div class=box2][div class=header]

REHEMA ABADI
[div class=subtitle]since when was it your heart[/div][/div] [div class=scroll] N Nue + Meme Machine Meme Machine knife act, huh? that certainly caught her attention. "an angel?" rehema wasn't often impressed by many thing, but by hearing how this boy actually confronted their infamous ringleader, she was amused already. "what an interesting boy. must have some courage to address mr. crom like so." rehema says, nodding lightly. "i think i've seen calista around before- she's quite the looker. as for her daughter, i haven't seen her myself, but i'll take your word for her being adorable." she thought of safiya from long ago, who wasn't actually her daughter but quite close to it. she wondered where she would be if the child had still been with her, and what she would be doing if not for the circus. "mr. crom isn't all that bad." the siren interupts, defending the `big boss`. "half of us aren't entirely human, either. i would be quite surprised if mr. crom was entirely mortal." she added, but she did agree with aubrey's intentions of gossip. rehema hadn't been too familiar with the hobby, but when she was part of it, she found it enjoyable nevertheless. "what do you think he could be?"

knife act, huh? that certainly caught her attention. "an angel?" rehema wasn't often impressed by many thing, but by hearing how this boy actually confronted their infamous ringleader, she was amused already. "what an interesting boy. must have some courage to address mr. crom like so." rehema says, nodding lightly. "i think i've seen calista around before- she's quite the looker. as for her daughter, i haven't seen her myself, but i'll take your word for her being adorable." she thought of safiya from long ago, who wasn't actually her daughter but quite close to it. she wondered where she would be if the child had still been with her, and what she would be doing if not for the circus. "mr. crom isn't all that bad." the siren interupts, defending the `big boss`. "half of us aren't entirely human, either. i would be quite surprised if mr. crom was entirely mortal." she added, but she did agree with aubrey's intentions of gossip. rehema hadn't been too familiar with the hobby, but when she was part of it, she found it enjoyable nevertheless. "what do you think he could be?"

Last edited:
Alvar Circe

Alvar said nothing, only shrugging. In his opinion, it didn’t matter what Mr. Crom was. Alvar himself was a perfect example of why not to judge by species. Dryads were usually great fighters, well built, loud, and obnoxious. You would never guess Alvar was a Dryad unless he told you. He listened to the gossip, but refused to participate in it. He was seriously taught not to disrespect people, or else he would either be locked away somewhere or worse. But it didn’t bother him now.

Watanabe Candy

Candy shrugged as well, before leaning a little closer to the table.

“I’m not sure, but I don’t think he’s really a demon. He smells way different than Calista, but there’s no way he’s mortal either. His scent is..... confusing.” Candy said, trying to be at least a little quiet. She ate several pieces of bacon, before digging into her eggs. “What do you think he is?” She asked the other two girls. To her, she could tell Alvar didn’t really mind the conversation, but wasn’t willing to participate.

Aubrey shook her head. "I have no idea, honestly. I guess it doesn't matter, but.. I do wonder, that's all. He's a very.." She tried to pick a word that fit, but struggled, "Uh, mysterious character. Oh, but don't get it wrong though! I like Mr. Crom. I honestly didn't think he'd take me in, I'm grateful he did. And he seems really passionate about the circus. He's just, y'know, a little intimidating." She chuckled, then seemed to lapse into thought.

Never mind Mr. Crom, she didn't even really know for certain what she was, either. Human, most likely, but then she'd never met a human with empath abilities.. She shook her head rapidly, as if to shake the thought from her mind - something that probably looked odd to people watching her. Whenever she lingered on those thoughts, it always made her feel odd. "Sorry, I shouldn't be gossiping."

REHEMA ABADI
[div class=subtitle]since when was it your heart[/div][/div] [div class=scroll] N Nue + Meme Machine Meme Machine rehema thought on it. what was the ringleader? now she'd be thinking about it. though, knowing her own self so well, she'd ask him the question as soon as the man was in her sights. "hm...i'll have to ask him next time i see him, then i'll give you his answer if i remember." she half-promised, rolling her head side to side as she started to feel her neck get a bit sore. "well, if we want to change topics..." rehema started, but then paused. what would they talk about? no matter how many years of human life she'd lived, she never got the hang of starting conversations that didn't end up making who ever she talked to in her bed the next morning. she had to keep herself occupied somehow after all those years! "what about the others? who else is there in this circus? i don't think i've had the chance to meet all of them."

rehema thought on it. what was the ringleader? now she'd be thinking about it. though, knowing her own self so well, she'd ask him the question as soon as the man was in her sights. "hm...i'll have to ask him next time i see him, then i'll give you his answer if i remember." she half-promised, rolling her head side to side as she started to feel her neck get a bit sore. "well, if we want to change topics..." rehema started, but then paused. what would they talk about? no matter how many years of human life she'd lived, she never got the hang of starting conversations that didn't end up making who ever she talked to in her bed the next morning. she had to keep herself occupied somehow after all those years! "what about the others? who else is there in this circus? i don't think i've had the chance to meet all of them."

Alvar Circe

Alvar got up, his head a little light. He heard the conversation change topic, going into who all was in the circus, before he grabbed a bottle of water and a salt packet. Sitting back down, her opened up the water bottle, and poured the salt into it. As he closed the bottle and shook it, mixing the water and salt, he answered Rehema.

“Well, Kamon is the other strong man. He and Candy are the only two. I think he has some lizards in his trailer, but I’m not sure. Harvey is one of the clowns; he’s nice, I think. I haven’t talked to him much. Cassian used to be a acrobat with me..... but then there was an accident..,” Alvar trailed off, having a sad look, before going back into the conversation. “Now I think there is a girl named Sauna, but I wouldn’t swear to it. Moon-Sik is a stage hand, and he’s pretty cool. He smokes though, I’m pretty sure, so I can’t be around him too much. I have asthma.” Alvar took a drink of his water, before giving Rehema a curious look. He really wanted to know what she was. But he wasn’t gonna ask. Candy on the other hand.....

Candy

Candy was going nuts. This girls smell was very odd, and very sweet. What was she? Candy raised her hand, and started speaking.

“I’m sorry if this is rude, but what are you?” She directed the question to Rehema, before Alvar had finished explaining who everyone was. She tilted her head to the side, ears attentive, as her nose twitched.​

REHEMA ABADI
[div class=subtitle]since when was it your heart[/div][/div] [div class=scroll] N Nue + Meme Machine Meme Machine rehema nodded along as alvar explained everyone to her. she took note of how he just easily drank salt water- which perked her interest. she'd noticed the gills earlier as well, but chose not to dwell on it like she was now. what an interesting boy, i wonder what he is? just before she could ask, candy jumped in with an abrupt question that took the woman off guard. "oh," she said with a softness, not expecting the question so suddenly but not minding it. "well, i'm a siren. nothing exciting." no matter how many times she claimed herself to be a siren out loud, it still sounded so strange to say. rehema moves aside a few strands of hair that rest over her forehead, showing the star-shaped marking. "this is what we get for when we turn into humans- though you won't see many of us, it's an awfully painful process." she explained, fixing her hair to what it once was. she looks to alvar now, "i wanted to ask earlier also, what are you? i don't think i've seen anything like you where i come from."

rehema nodded along as alvar explained everyone to her. she took note of how he just easily drank salt water- which perked her interest. she'd noticed the gills earlier as well, but chose not to dwell on it like she was now. what an interesting boy, i wonder what he is? just before she could ask, candy jumped in with an abrupt question that took the woman off guard. "oh," she said with a softness, not expecting the question so suddenly but not minding it. "well, i'm a siren. nothing exciting." no matter how many times she claimed herself to be a siren out loud, it still sounded so strange to say. rehema moves aside a few strands of hair that rest over her forehead, showing the star-shaped marking. "this is what we get for when we turn into humans- though you won't see many of us, it's an awfully painful process." she explained, fixing her hair to what it once was. she looks to alvar now, "i wanted to ask earlier also, what are you? i don't think i've seen anything like you where i come from."

Alvar Circe

Alvar was taking a sip of water when she answered the question, making him choke on his salt water a little bit. It didn’t burn; in fact he needed some form of salty water at least four times a week to stay healthy. He looked to Rehema, and opened his mouth a little. It made sense, honestly. The marking, her natural beauty, personality, everything. He snapped out of it when she asked him what he was, and his face flushed a little.

He was a little embarrassed to be a dryad, he would admit. But at the same time he liked his species. Especially when it came to moving water. Talking about helpful when your an acrobat. He rubbed his neck and twirled some hair around his finger, before answering her question.

“I’m a Dryad. Nothing to special either, I guess. Although, I’m not a fighter at all, so it defeats the purpose of the whole ‘protectors of the ocean’ thing.” Alvar explained it a little, trying to keep himself from going on a rant. He finished off his poridge, setting the spoon back into the bowl before fixing the crown in his hair, re-fastening it.

N Nue NIAMH NIAMH

Katya Savas be42883b54946272b4638277cf8467cf.jpg
Katya had pouted when Cassian had stopped walking, tilting her head back to look up at him. She wasn’t sure why he had paused. Her arms were still wrapped around his legs, feet placed atop his own. Her excitement rekindled anew as he mentioned of having her ride on his shoulders. Alvar caught her attention when he spoke, causing her turn her head. Her eyes crossed as he bopped her nose, a giggle bursting forth from her at his actions.

Turning her gaze once more to Cassian, she stared at him expectantly. “Up, up!” She demanded, ears pressing back as she grew impatient. Mouth twisting down in a determined pout, the young demon took the matter into her own hands. Hands gripping his shirt, she clambered up his front until she could grip his shoulders. She exposed her teeth; her version of a smile as she hung there, still clinging to his neck.

"Now, go." She nodded her head, content in her perch.

Her gaze flickered once past the wings at the retreating figure in the distance. Her ears drooped down, smile retreating for a moment. As suddenly as her mood had dropped, her smile had returned. Her features brightened significantly as the trio made their way towards the cafeteria. She didn't have to eat as often as mortals, but still, the concept of a warm bowl of oatmeal with fruit had her kicking her feet from where she hung, babbling away about nothing to the man still carrying her. By the time they had reached the tent, Katya had leapt away and dashed through the flaps. Her gaze quickly turned to the tallest man in the room, her eyes growing wide with delight.

"Uncle Kamon!" She called as she dashed forward, "Good morning!"

Kamon Onruang 208facb688dea9b6a5b272da2ba081fd (1).jpg

Kamon sighed as he let Zoe back to her feet, tucking his hair behind his ear. He loomed over the girl, yet he didn’t let that deter him. Deciding to make his way to the breakfast area, he passed the table once more where a collection of the other performers were seating. He offered a tentative wave as he passed– they seemed too immersed in conversation for him to interrupt. He had just gotten to the food when he heard a young voice behind him.

A grin shot to his lips as he turned, dropping to his knees immediately as a small figure barreled into him. Two arms wrapped around his broad shoulders, holding him close. He patted the girl’s back, a bit embarrassed at the attention the girl had most likely drawn.

Good morning to you as well, princess.” He hummed, rocking on his heels. Standing, he perched the girl on his hip. She looked perfectly content there, laughing as she began to braid the ends of his ponytail. Shooting a glance towards the food, Kamon hummed, tapping his free hand to his chin in thought.

What are you hungry for?”

I want oatmeal with fruit. And juice.” Katya nodded her head, resolute in only the way a child could be. Chuckling, he nodded his head. “Would you like me to make it for you?” He questioned her. She shook her head, tapping his shoulder in a signal to be let down. He obliged, setting the girl on her feet. She immediately moved away to make her own meal, leaving Kamon to quirk a brow at her tenacity. She certainly had a lot of fire that morning, he mused.

REHEMA ABADI
[div class=subtitle]since when was it your heart[/div][/div] [div class=scroll] N Nue + Meme Machine Meme Machine of course he was a dryad. rehema felt like a fool for not realizing it sooner, feeling as though the glowing gills and crown should've been a dead giveaway. though in her defense, as she said, there weren't many if not any, in egyp where she once resigned. "nonsense- i think it's beautiful. always a pleasure meeting someone who hasn't really inhabited their entire life on land. oh," she looks to candy and aubrey, offering a sympathetic smile. "no offense. you two are lovely." just then, she heard the voice of a child and her eyes swept the area with interest, her heart softening when finally spotting the girl. that must be katya. rehema thought to herself, her eyes then travelling to who she was with. oh. the man nearly caught her off guard, "who is...?" she began, but didn't finish, still in awe of the man before them. it was strange for her, really, already in awe of someone she hadn't even known [ yet ]; the only other person it happened with had been karim, and that was far too many years ago. mentions - mochi bun mochi bun

of course he was a dryad. rehema felt like a fool for not realizing it sooner, feeling as though the glowing gills and crown should've been a dead giveaway. though in her defense, as she said, there weren't many if not any, in egyp where she once resigned. "nonsense- i think it's beautiful. always a pleasure meeting someone who hasn't really inhabited their entire life on land. oh," she looks to candy and aubrey, offering a sympathetic smile. "no offense. you two are lovely." just then, she heard the voice of a child and her eyes swept the area with interest, her heart softening when finally spotting the girl. that must be katya. rehema thought to herself, her eyes then travelling to who she was with. oh. the man nearly caught her off guard, "who is...?" she began, but didn't finish, still in awe of the man before them. it was strange for her, really, already in awe of someone she hadn't even known [ yet ]; the only other person it happened with had been karim, and that was far too many years ago.

Last edited:
Alvar Circe

Alvar smiled when he saw Katya enter the tent, and he saw her run straight to Kamon. He giggled a little bit, and turned his attention back to those at the table. He smiled slightly at the Sirens question, and Alvar cleared his throat. He pointed to the man next to Katya, and spoke evenly.

“That’s Kamon. The other strong man I was talking about. He is impressive isn’t he. Although, the tattoos scare me a bit.” Alvar stood, and waved goodbye to the other, as he slowly walked away from the table. “It truly was great meeting you all, but I need to finish altering my new costume, and I need to make sure all my equipment is in top shape. I can’t have anything breaking during a performance.”

Alvar waved goodbye, smiling at the others before exiting the tent, and running off to check the things in his trailer.

Candy

Candy smiled a little at Alvar in amusement, watching his features lighten when he saw Katya. Candy knew Alvar really liked kids, probably because they were just easier to talk to. When Alvar excused himself, Candy pouted, but waved goodbye, one paw waving and the other holding her head up. She finished her eggs and hummed in satisfaction, before pointing to the other.

“You know, Alvar has the right idea. I think I’m gonna follow it. See you guys later!” She called out, before running off back to her trailer as well.

Interactions/mentions
N Nue NIAMH NIAMH mochi bun mochi bun

REHEMA ABADI
[div class=subtitle]since when was it your heart[/div][/div] [div class=scroll] N Nue kamon. she'd have to remember that. "not a problem. it was nice meeting you both." rehema tells alvar and candy, nodding to them a simple farewell as they left to get ready for the evening show. with their departure, rehema decides it'd probably be best for her to get ready as well. she turns to aubrey, "i should probably head off, too. thank you for letting me sit with you- you've made yourself a new friend today because of it." she tells the girl, grateful of her kindness. "i'll see you around, aubrey." and with that, the siren gets up from her seat, placing a hand on the girls shoulder before heading for the cafeteria doors. as she walked off, her eyes drifted once more towards this kamon. after the show, perhaps, she could greet him if there was time, or maybe even during the break- whichever worked best, but either way she was going to do her best to actually introduce herself. mentions - mochi bun mochi bun

kamon. she'd have to remember that. "not a problem. it was nice meeting you both." rehema tells alvar and candy, nodding to them a simple farewell as they left to get ready for the evening show. with their departure, rehema decides it'd probably be best for her to get ready as well. she turns to aubrey, "i should probably head off, too. thank you for letting me sit with you- you've made yourself a new friend today because of it." she tells the girl, grateful of her kindness. "i'll see you around, aubrey." and with that, the siren gets up from her seat, placing a hand on the girls shoulder before heading for the cafeteria doors. as she walked off, her eyes drifted once more towards this kamon. after the show, perhaps, she could greet him if there was time, or maybe even during the break- whichever worked best, but either way she was going to do her best to actually introduce herself.

Cassian didn't even try to keep up with Alvar, but he set off for breakfast at a trot and knelt down for Katya to jump off once they were in the cafeteria. Come to think of it, he wasn't really hungry. Food landed differently on angels. He generally avoided meat and anything else that was rich. Besides, nothing measured up to the flavors of his childhood. Authentic French cooking was hard to come by outside of its birthplace and since fleeing France, Cassian had found himself disinterested in food. He thought about just nursing a cup of tea, but knew even as he considered it that his strength was important for that night. Instead, Cassian disciplined himself into a plate of fruit and a slice of bread, toasted just slightly. He kept one eye on Katya while he got his food together, but Cassian had watched her run to say hello to Kamon and knew that she was in good hands for the time being. He hadn't spoken to Kamon much in the past, since their acts had very little reason to converge, but he respected the strongman and held him in friendly regards.

Cassian scanned the tables for a place to sit, but Alvar was already talking to someone he didn't recognize. That was fine. Cassian didn't cling to people if he could help it. He crossed the room to where Kamon stood, Katya balanced on one hip.

"Look who you found!" he said to Katya, "Good catch."

He turned his gaze upwards to the Naga.

"Good morning, Kamon. How are you?"
_____

Interactions: mochi bun mochi bun
Also, mochi bun mochi bun , thanks for covering for me!

Aubrey nodded her head as they all began to leave, feeling a little disappointed their conversation had ended, but mainly happy it happened in the first place. Since she didn't have an act yet, she wouldn't be performing, obviously, but that didn't mean she didn't have things to do - in those times she sort of doubled as a stagehand, although the extent of what they allowed her to do was very limited. It was like interning; she'd do tiny jobs anyone could do and fetch people coffee or water or whatever they needed as they all rushed to get ready. For good reason, she supposed; there was a lot of important work that went into running the show, and she didn't want to mess anything up.

She stood up, slinging the bag over her shoulder. The corner of her sketchbook jutted out the top of it. Maybe if there wasn't much for her to do, she could sketch for a bit? She had a few outfit designs she'd had knocking around in her brain that she wanted to put to paper. Musing to herself, she wandered off in search of something to do before the show.

Katya Savas 2759a88d26c1c304c2012bf1fdb78e94.jpg
Calista had spent the rest of her day running multiple errands. Fetching the performers, hemming a broken tutu, helping lift a faulty light for Mook-sik so he could repair it. It was all grueling. The exhaustion wasn’t felt, although it was a faint flickering in the back of her mind as the sun set low in the sky. Twilight had just emerged for the woman returned to her own trailer, eyeing the time as she herself shimmied into her costume. A leotard that exposed pale shoulders and collarbones was done, an enthralling maroon. The skirt she wore next hugged her hips, flaring out at the ends to expose her calves. Donning her dance slippers, Calista let her hair fall from their braids into the long strands that tumbled off her shoulders.

She had just finished adding smoky eyeshadow to the corner of her eyes when she heard the door open behind her. Two heads swiveled; Calista and Katya, who had been sat at her little desk and coloring up a storm. A young woman stood by the entrance, her smile shy as she offered a wave. Calista nodded her head, slipping on silver stars earrings the shone even in the dull light.

Thank you for volunteering to watch her tonight.”

Calista hummed as she brushed her hair behind her head, smiling towards the off-duty groundskeeper. The woman began to speak, reassuring Calista it was no trouble. Smiling, the demon turned to her young daughter. Katya glanced up then, smiling as her eyes widened in excitement. “You look so pretty!” She crowed, as if she had not seen her mother in the same outfit a hundred times before. Smiling, Calista bent and kissed the young girl’s cheek.

Behave.” Calista murmured into her hair, giving her an affectionate hug that Katya gladly returned. “Don’t try to steal her soul like you did with Steve. He still won’t look me or you in the eye.” Calista hid her smile as he daughter sighed, obviously disappointed. Pulling back, Calista noticed the other woman’s face had become more strained beyond her smile.

Please make sure she’s asleep by ten. Otherwise, she’ll never fall asleep.” She ran one last lingering touch over her daughter’s cheek before she stood. As she passed the groundskeeper, she shot the woman a more stern look. “Take care of her– or she won’t be the only demon you have to worry about.” Her smile grew more sharp as she turned to the door, offering a last wave and a call of ‘I love you too’ at Katya’s hastened shout of endearment.

Then, it was only a matter of time that she was backstage, adjusting her appearance as the crowds finally began to trickle in. Remembering Maxwell’s request, she grasped the walkie-talkies used to communicate with the staff.

Mook-sik?” She huffed, “Could you play something a little more…” She paused, flush rising to her cheeks as she settled on a word. “Alluring? It’s kind of difficult to dance to the circus edition of elevator music.”

Kamon Onruang 208facb688dea9b6a5b272da2ba081fd.jpg

Kamon had been surprised to see the winged boy approach him that morning, his tone pleasant as they talked. He didn’t know the boy well, but it had still been a pleasant conversation. Knowing he had to get to work, he offered to watch Calista’s daughter. Plopping her on his shoulders, he had went about his day. When he worked, Katya would interfere intermittently, laughing as he would gently pick her up and set her back where she had been sitting. It was mid-afternoon when Calista came to him, surprise written all over her features when Katya launched herself at her mother. The two had left shortly after, leaving him to continue his pre-performance routine.

Dressing in nothing much a loose pair of pants, he plaited his long hair and collected it in a bun at the nape of his neck. Eyeliner made its way in his waterline and lower lashes, making his eyes look more fierce. Sighing, he made his way to the backstage area. Everyone had begun to gather in their own costumes, still prepping in the dressing rooms. Kamon noticed Calista near the curtains. He flashed her wave that she returned. His smile grew more smug as he noticed the twitch of her brow- she had a hard habit of hiding her nervous ticks in front of him.

You’ll do great.” He hummed as he passed. “Just don’t upstage Mister Crom or he’ll kill you.” Calista grumbled, running both her hands over her hair to fix any strands.

I’m just going to entertain them for a minute and then slip into the background when he enters.” Pinching her nose, she glanced to the side. The only sound between them was the static from the walkie-talkie. “I know my place.” She added, almost like an afterthought.

Kamon raised a brow at her tone. He never knew where her mind wandered or why she spoke like that sometimes, her tone filled with the melancholy of someone who had lived a hard life. Unable to help himself, he bent and hugged her close. She froze until he pulled away, smiling at she crossed her arms over her arms and shifted away, flushing.

Break a leg.” He hummed as he backed up, his smile increasing tenfold as she nodded, not meeting his gaze. He knew she wasn’t used to positive attention; still, it was funny to see how flustered she got over the littlest of things. Turning on his heel, Kamon made his way towards the other performers, hoping to find Candy so they could stretch a bit together before the show.

Alvar Circe

Alvar finished wrapping his hands in the pale cloth that protected his hands, which were well coated in chalk. He slipped on his shiny gold gloves, that were more sheer than fabric. The glove hooked on his middle finger, and stopped just above his elbows, both ends having a bit thicker gold layer around them. His outfit itself was blue, with a sheer tan halter neckline, and false jewels covered the front. The sides of his waist had sheer tan fabric as well, while the leotard had a ‘skirt’ that started at his waist and ended not to far down to his hips. He had sheer gold leggings that came to his knees, and the soles of his feet were open. He secured his crown on his head, and fixed the sleeves one more time before heading to the back entrance that was the performers entrance.

Earlier that day he had checked all his equipment, including the silks with water filled beads, about the size of his fist, that were connected to the fabric every other yard. He made sure his bullet prof glass hoop (that also had water in it) was up to date and solid. The water in his equipment made it easier for him to perform, especially if anything went wrong. He couldn’t leverage himself, persay, but he could leverage the water the hoop was in, so if it snapped or anything like that, he would be fine. Probably.

As he walked over to find Calista or Mr. Crom, to see what time they wanted him to perform that night, he saw Calista and Kamon’s exchange, and slightly smiled. He was glad everyone here was so supportive.

Candy

While Alvar had finished sewing his costume and fixing his equipment (probably stabbing himself with a needle more times that he would like to admit) Candy had helped out around the Circus. Broken lights, heavy equipment that needed moving, all that good stuff. She was finishing up wrapping her feet, her hands already covered. Wearing only some baggy, grey pants and a thick black sports bra, Candy never really saw the need to be modest. Her entire body was literally covered in fur. There was no point. She had still brushed and washed her fur before the show, brushed her teeth, done everything she needed to do before performing.

She stretched just a little before spying Kamon, walking her way. She jumped up and raced over to him, sliding on the ground just in front of him.

“Hey Kamon!” Candy smiled, addressing him enthusiastically. “Wanna stretch and practice some before the show? This is a big night, I’ve heard!” She placed both fists on her hips, grinning a toothy grin at the other strong man, while her tail wagged back and forth happily.

Cassian sat, perfectly still in a crouch on his toes, on top of a stack of wooden crates. It was a precarious perch, but his wings were unfolded slightly for balance and his toes gripped the edge of the top crate, curling over the rough wood. It was maybe ten feet off the ground. High enough for him to relax, but not so high that he couldn't talk to someone if they were to approach. The draperies that adorned the backstage area reminded him of something long ago, a sliver of his childhood that he couldn't quite put a finger on. The thick, dark curtains smelled faintly of sawdust and antique perfume. Sets of silks hung against the wall opposite him, the fluid, strong kind that he used to perform with. Cassian closed his eyes and clasped his hands in front of him, trying to stamp out the memories before they could cling to him.

He was acutely aware of the costume he was clothed in, the weight and splendor in stark contrast to the clothes he picked out for himself. He was wearing a pair of tight cotton pants and a fine, gold waistcoat over a white shirt with flaring, belled sleeves. The waistcoat was left open to show off the pale stretch of his chest that was revealed by the half-buttoned shirt underneath. He wasn't embarrassed by the costumes his knife act required anymore, especially since he had been shirtless at times as an acrobat. Still, when he had first made the switch, having his collarbones and the top of his chest peeking out from the tight, deep-v shirts or revealed by open buttons felt more intimate, more exposing than having his shirt off entirely. Now, Cassian knew how he was supposed to use his costumes. They were designed to rustle and flash and ripple when he tossed knives, made to show off the muscles of his arms and upper body. Cassian played the waistcoats and fluttery shirts up and sometimes undid another button before he signed programs for the inevitable cluster of girls waiting at the backstage exit.

Cassian knew how to work a crowd and while he wasn't afraid to chat up a starry-eyed mortal after a show, more often than not, it was just to get a little extra money out of them. Sometimes exchanging words with a smooth-talking angel inspired patrons to drop a little extra money into the donation baskets on their way out. It wasn't that he was manipulating them, exactly. It's just that there was seldom any real interest in exchanging those words, or anything more on Cassian's end.

He opened his eyes to check on the knives, held carefully in their proper places along the inside of his coat. There were also four that his wings hid when they were folded, two on each side. He flexed his wings upwards, careful to maintain his balance on the pile of crates, and felt that the straps were secure. He was ready. He closed his eyes again, resolutely.

"Does anyone have anything they need me to dooo? Nooo?"

Aubrey was wandering through the backstage area, hands cupped over her mouth, calling out over the buzz of everyone's voices. She was notably underdressed next to all her colleagues, a tshirt and jeans against a wave of spandex and sparkly fabric. She'd already been running around doing odd jobs here and there, but again, she wasn't actually a stagehand, she was basically at intern level, so it turned out there wasn't much to do.

She loved the pre-show atmosphere, busy as it could get sometimes. She'd only sat through a few of them as of yet, but it was interesting seeing the ordinary people she'd seen on the grounds all dressed up in flashy costumes and eccentric makeup, and the air was always so thick with excitement it was almost tangible. The people here really were amazing at their craft, too. It was a strange feeling knowing she would be on that stage sooner or later, too.

She was walking past the crates when a feather on the ground caught her eye. Looking up, she saw Cassian. His eyes were closed.

"Hey, Cas!" She called up to him. Aubrey wasn't sure if they were on nickname terms yet, but she didn't peg Cassian as the type to care either way.

Cassian's lashes flickered for a moment, but his eyes settled closed again as he recognized Aubrey's voice. Cas. It was catching on.

"Hello, Aubrey," he called down in her general direction, loud enough to be audible, but quiet enough to keep from alerting the audience that was milling around on the other side of the curtain.

"What can I do for you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back