• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Evergreen Circus || OPEN

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Cassian Croteau

A heavy, malevolent thought planted itself in Cassian's mind as the fallen angel turned his attention back to Fenli. They had found him. It was possible, wasn't it? A circus attracted a lot of attention wherever it went, and he hadn't exactly kept a low profile with his "fans". Cassian's blood family had eyes everywhere. He was a fool to think he was safe just because he had crossed the French border. He subtly studied the fallen angel--Lucien, his golden eyes prying. Well-built. A stature fit for someone wearing more clothes. Eyes a lighter shade of gold than his own. Definitely not faking. Cassian had come across fake angels before. There had been an incident in his youth, a particular shapeshifter who thought he was smart enough to blend in with the Order. The eyes had given him away. But the creature currently standing about six inches too close to Fenli was most certainly not faking and that fueled Cassian's concern. An unease began to twist in his stomach before the young man leaned slightly and Cassian realized, all at once, that his skin was perfect. Well, maybe not perfect, but unmarked. Not a single scar on his chest or back. Cassian carefully masked the slow sigh that escaped him. This was not one of the Order's operatives. He didn't wear the feather, at least not anywhere that was uncovered. And there was plenty uncovered. Whoever Lucian was, whatever reason he had come to Evergreen, he wasn't there for Cassian.

As Lucian towered over Fen, Cassian was brought back to the moment by Alvar drawing closer to him, hooking a thumb into his shirt, in the gap left by the button at the wrist. Cassian shook off his reverie. He was fine. Maxwell and Calista ran a tight ship. He would keep an eye on Lucian and everything would be fine. For the time being, his main concern was calming Alvar down before he started shaking. Cassian blinked hard, just once, as if clearing sleep from his eyes. He quickly took advantage of the connection Alvar had made, slipping his arm back around his friend's shoulders and steering him definitively out of earshot of Fen and Lucian, closer to the curtain.

"Mon cher, something is definitely wrong," he murmured, tilting his head to try to force eye contact, his gaze straying just slightly from his usual unreadable brand of calm.

"Now come, do you know that man? Lucian?"

He hadn't heard a word of Hawaiian out of Alvar in weeks, if not months. Now that he knew that Lucian wasn't with the Order, he didn't consider him an immediate threat, but if Alvar was scared enough to revert to his native language, then bon sang, he was taking it seriously.

_______

Interactions/Mentions: Meme Machine Meme Machine NIAMH NIAMH koala koala mochi bun mochi bun Lunar Lunar

• Alvar Circe
    Mood: Less scared
    Interactions: Wandering Seraph Wandering Seraph

Taking a deep breath, Alvar couldn’t take his eyes off Lucian. He wasn’t sure why, but the man had vibes that gave Alvar the chills. When Cassian slipped his arm around him again and steered him away from the dark angel, Alvar took a shaky breath. Cassian looked at Alvar, slight concern in his eyes. Alvar shook his head at the question, and bite his bottom lip.

“No. I don’t. He just....” Suddenly, the realization of why Alvar didn’t like the fallen angel hit him. He had a similar type of scary aura as his father did. Alvar shivered involuntarily, but looked Cassian in the eyes. “He just reminds me of someone really bad I knew. I don’t like the way he looks at Fenli, either. We need to tell Xao about this at some point.”

Alvar looked back to the dark winged person. Now that he wasn’t bombarded by fear, Alvar could see that he was very dashing. Although the lack of cloths was a bit unnecessary. Alvar would never be comfortable showing that much skin, even though he had the physique for it.

The guy was covered in jewels. Alvar narrowed his eyes slightly, his hand going to his circlet. Just don’t touch my jewels, and we’ll be fine, Hōʻike. Is all he thought, before turning back to Cassian. He ran a hand through his own hair, and smiled softly.

“Thank you, Cas.” Alvar meant about checking up on him, and even though Alvar didn’t really like Lucian, he reminded himself that Mr. Crom, and Calista wouldn’t let anything bad happen to them. And Cassian would probably be watching Lucian like a hawk, so that was good to. “Are you ok? You seemed nervous there for a moment.”

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
Cassian Croteau

Cassian settled back into his formal posture once Alvar assured him that he was all right. He had barely watched the second half of the last act. A shame, since the trapeze artists did such beautiful work.

"Oui, it takes a lot less than that to get Xao after you," Cassian agreed, "We should let him know after the show."

For a moment, Cassian was acutely aware of his scars. Seeing completely unmarred skin reminded him of just how little he looked like that. When he had worked as an acrobat, he had been completely shirtless some nights. He still had the little jars of stage makeup that he had carefully covered the scars with. It was hard to reach the ones on his back, so a few of them were clearly visible on those nights, but he covered the criss-crossing slashes on his chest, knowing that they detracted from the "golden boy" aesthetic that got him signing autographs after shows. It was a practiced routine, like the one he did in the ring and he got better at it over time. His coverups were clumsy at first, unpolished, his fingers unsure, but as time went on, Cassian got better and better at concealing with makeup, until it was hard to tell that his skin was punctuated with old wounds unless you were right next to him.

Since changing acts, Cassian didn't have the will to extend the effort. Even as the necklines of his costumes got lower and lower with each alteration, he couldn't summon the energy to care. The scars didn't show much in tonight's costume anyway. And they were just that: scars. Old wounds that had long-since stopped aching. There was no physical consequence for leaving them open to the air. Cassian tugged at the open collar of his shirt gently, absent-minded. If the audience saw them now, at least they fit his act. An acrobat covered in the traces of knife fights or beatings was suspicious and off-putting, but a knife-handler covered in those wounds? Expected. Mysterious. Cassian began to go over his act in his head, numb.

______

Interactions/Mentions: Meme Machine Meme Machine koala koala

Alvar Circe
Mood: Concerned
Interactions: Wandering Seraph Wandering Seraph

Alvar tilted his head to the side, a concerned look etched across his face. Cassian had gotten distracted, his eyes having a slight glaze over them. Alvar ran a hand through his feathers, and placed the other on the side of his neck, turning his head slightly. He knew that Cassian was usually level headed, but he needed an answer.

“Cas, you didn’t answer my question. Are you ok?” Now Alvar was pretty sure he wasn’t. He had seen the concern, and he thought there was a little envy, in Cassian’s eyes. It might’ve been because of the lack of scars across Lucians back and chest, but Alvar couldn’t be sure. Besides, the scars complimented his act now. When he thought of the acts, he slightly sighed in shame for missing Rehema's and Zoe’s act. But Cassian had made sure Alvar was ok; Alvar wanted to make sure Cas was alright.

codedbycrucialstar

Cassian Croteau

"Hmm?"

Cassian turned back to Alvar, registering the worry on his friend's face. He slid into an easy smile with the fluidity of a diplomat.

"Yes," he said, deliberately forcing himself back into thinking in English, "Just distracted for a moment."

It wasn't a lie, exactly. He was fine, he told himself. The strength acts were on next, if he remembered correctly. He generally enjoyed watching Kamon, the way his muscles rippled and strained. Cassian was far from out of shape, but he was more lithe than bulky, maintaining the muscle tone of a sprinter. The seemingly impossible strength that Kamon possessed and showcased in the ring was a matter of interest for Cassian.

The moment of defensive worry had passed, but Cassian still kept himself positioned discreetly between Alvar and Lucian. Just on instinct. That instinct was also telling him to drag Fenli away from the hungry-eyed creature, but he kept himself under control. Being over-protective was Xao's job. Besides, they were just talking. There was nothing wrong with that. Cassian ran one palm slowly up and down his other forearm, almost as if he was cold.

______

Interactions/Mentions: Meme Machine Meme Machine koala koala NIAMH NIAMH

Alvar Circe
Mood: Concerned/Slightly scared
Interactions: Wandering Seraph Wandering Seraph koala koala NIAMH NIAMH

Once Alvar has established that Cassian was really ok, he placed a hand on Cassian’s arm, and was going to hug him, but decided against it. Alvar took one last deep breath before walking up to Fenli. He wanted her away from that man. But he didn’t want to seem rude; that always came across worse than meant. So, very subtly, he linked arms with Fenli, and shot a smile at her, while nervously smiling at Lucian.

“Hey Fen, I need some salt water. Walk with me?” He questioned, slightly tugging her in a direction away from the dark man and towards the water bottles, where Alvar kept a small stash of salt just Incase. He really didn’t mean to act so protective, but bad experience led to bad habits. He felt the fear start to creep in just a little, but he pushed it away. He could freak about this later if he needed to. But for now, just getting away from him until he knew more about him was the plan.

codedbycrucialstar

iZZHLgN.jpg

"well, you fit the name perfectly. fenli." something beautiful. yes, the name fit her quite nicely. more faces approached, two of which being the angel cassian and his little timid friend. alvar, he introduced himself with a shaky voice. lucian stands tall, his hand no longer on fenli's cheek as he stares down at the strangers. "my name is lucian. i've already had the pleasure of meeting fenli, alvar, and candy. but i'm curious," his dark gaze turns to the angel in front of him, his tone seeming to lace with poison like that of a snakes. "you must be cassian. can sense your kind anywhere." he tells his little angel friend, never faltering.

he looks to alvar with a frown, "oh, so soon? but the little lady and i were just starting to get to know each other." lucian runs a hand through the black locks of his, tilting his head as he lets out a defeated sigh. "don't you want to stay with me, fenli? i feel you and i would be wonderful friends. don't you?" he asks the girl with a tender smile that didn't really reach his roguish eyes. "alvar, you're welcome to stay as well." he adds, looking towards the dryad, but when looking the boy over, lucian's features seemed more devilish than how they were when talking to fenli.

Cassian Croteau

Cassian wasn't planning on approaching Lucian any time soon, but Alvar made a valiant attempt to extract Fenli from the creature's clutches and Cassian was dragged into the ensuing conversation. He turned to face Lucian, unflinching, almost bored. The venom in the fallen one's tone didn't escape him, but there wasn't a chance in hell he was about to let it show.

"Likewise," he said, meeting Lucian's eyes with a smile that was teetering dangerously on the line between polite and mocking.

Cassian took a step forward, putting himself between Alvar and Lucian, so that his right wing just barely grazed Fenli's shoulders, taking the position that he knew Xao would have asserted himself into five minutes ago.

"They're just taking a water break," he said a little too sweetly, "It's important to stay hydrated on show nights, right Fen? There's filtered water stocked backstage too. What would your brother say?"

The reference to her brother was calculated. Cassian hated inserting himself into what was clearly potential drama brewing, but he knew that if Lucian had been making advances on Alvar and he hadn't been there to protect him, Xao would have intervened in his stead. Could he really call himself a good friend if he didn't do this? Then again, what harm was there? None, yet. Just conversation. Just body language. He could be reading into it. But then Cassian's mind wandered to his sisters, his blood sisters. Would he be reading into it if Lucian was talking to Genevieve? Or, god forbid, Antoinette? Would he be overreacting then? No. No, he wouldn't. Something was definitely off.

Cassian maintained his air of courtesy, knowing that he would look completely innocent and rational if he was challenged over something as reasonable and mundane as getting water.

______

Interactions/Mentions: NIAMH NIAMH Meme Machine Meme Machine koala koala

fenli wei
• animal tamer
outfit: flowing white dress with spaghetti straps, simple nude sandals
mentions: --
interactions: Meme Machine Meme Machine , Wandering Seraph Wandering Seraph , NIAMH NIAMH

The sound that left her lips was almost bird-like, dissipating across the space as quickly as gas. Her song-like giggle was quiet, but noticeable to any listening ears. Lucian was an interesting name and it triggered a roller coaster of questions in her head. She wanted to know where he came from, why he was there, what his talents were, and much, much more. Unfortunately, Alvar had reappeared and swiftly looped his arm with her own, Cassian emerging quietly and elegantly.

"Oh, water." Fenli's face contorted slightly, a look of distaste on her face at the mention of her brother. Sure, she loved Xaomin more than anyone in the world, but he was a real drag at times. For such a quiet guy, he nagged at her a lot. Do this. Do that. Don't do this. Don't do that. We're part fae, meaning we're creatures of nature so we need to do more to stay healthy. Blah blah blah. The pink-haired girl thought to herself, mouth moving as if she were talking even though it was pure silence. Realizing she must've looked like an idiot, her naturally blushed face turned even pinker. "Right, water. We can talk later if you'd like to, Lucian! I'm usually with the animals."

Waving at her new friend, she allowed Alvar to lead the way. Her arm was happily looped with his and she even began humming an old Chinese flute tune. However, the woman subconsciously turned her head back slightly and smiled.

When Alvar and her were finally alone, she bent down to pick up a bottle of water. As she did so, she brought up a question that she'd wanted to ask earlier. "Are you okay, Alvar?"

Alvar Circe
Mood: Concerned/Slightly scared
Interactions: Wandering Seraph Wandering Seraph koala koala NIAMH NIAMH

Alvar felt like hyperventilating when Lucian addressed him. The devilish smirk he gave Alvar both made his face flush with some blue, and drain his face of color. But somehow, he kept his composure and smiled softly. He could feel his own hands shaking.

“No, thank you.” His response to the fallen angels request was polite, but strained. His eyes, floating back and forth to all the people around him, and his posture betrayed his feelings of fear.

When Cassian placed himself in between Fenli, himself, and Lucian, Alvar felt a little better. Knowing that somone with more confidence than himself was there definitely helped. He was even more relieved when Fenli agreed to go get water. He pulled her over to the side, and opened up one of the water bottles. He was about to pour in the salt when her question caught him off guard. His eyes snapped to her, her innocence of what just happened plain for all to see. Alvar opened his mouth, but then closed it again. He smiled genuinely at the girl, and nodded.

“Oh, I’m fine Fenli. You know me. If I don’t get enough salt water I get sick.” That was true. Without salt water Alvar could get very sick. But what Alvar failed to notice is that his powers were the ones betraying him now, as the water in the bottle was starting to float to the ceiling. This happened sometimes when he was nervous.

codedbycrucialstar

Kamon Onruang 208facb688dea9b6a5b272da2ba081fd.jpg

Interacting with: Calista, Candy, Rehema ( Meme Machine Meme Machine , NIAMH NIAMH )

Rolling his eyes at Candy’s teasing, Kamon shot the woman a strained smile. He had thought he would be beyond schoolyard taunts by now, but still, he should have known better. The trope was, somehow, a cesspool of gossip.

I liked her performance.” He mused, shooting his fellow performer a glance. “As did everyone. I hope, anyway.”

A new voice caught his attention. Kamon glanced down, smiling with interest down at the trapeze artist. He didn’t know her well, but he could still put a name to her face. She was also eye-catching, although that was to be expected from a siren. Running a hand across his cheek to swipe his hair behind his ear, he raised an intrigued brow at her statement.

Me, nervous?” He asked, teasing lilt in his voice. “Never.”

His hands drifted to his hips, tilting his head slightly. A smile made its way across his face, more amused than he had expected. The call of his name made him glance upwards, mouth falling into a more reserved smile.

Hey.” He hummed to the woman as Candy slipped away, keeping himself rooted in place. “Thanks for coming to check on me. I know we haven’t really spoken since you joined.” His gaze drifted towards the other performers. “The other performers… they all have their cliches. I understand how it can be awkward to try to establish a friendship in this place. So, if you ever need someone your own age to talk to, just find me. I’m always willing to listen.”

He shot Rehema another grin before he was making his way towards the curtain. He nodded his head as Calista held the curtain open, keeping his smile in place. He caught on to something behind her gaze but knowing he didn’t have time, he merely brushed aside his concern for later. Stepping into the arena, he moved to stand at Candy’s side. The applause made him smile, bowing slightly in appreciation.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Cassian Croteau

Some of the tension dropped from Cassian's shoulders when Calista strode up to Lucian. Her usual soothing air, the one that put younger performers at ease, was gone. She was all business.

"Hey. You. A word, please?"

Cassian covered the smallest trace of a smug smile with a quiet cough. Calista always pushed her troupe to work hard and she didn't take nonsense from anyone, but there were moments when you could tell, all at once, that she was a mother, and a damn good one at that. As she inserted herself smoothly into what Cassian was still hoping wasn't brewing trouble, he was instantly reminded of the fact that, for better or worse, Evergreen was a family. They looked out for each other. His worry subsided and he took a respectful step aside, to allow Calista to take charge of the conversation.

Alvar and Fenli were still, at least for the moment, occupied with getting water. Cassian wanted to follow his feet to join them, but he stayed planted slightly behind Calista, waiting to be dismissed.

______

Interactions/Mentions: mochi bun mochi bun NIAMH NIAMH Meme Machine Meme Machine koala koala

fenli wei
• animal tamer
mentions: Lucian, Xaomin, Calista
interactions: Meme Machine Meme Machine

Smiling softly, Fenli decided to drop the conversation there. Normally, she would have pressed the topic further but something was telling her that she wouldn’t like what she heard. Additionally, she knew Alvar probably wouldn’t want her to ask so many questions. Everyone got annoyed with her because of her undying curiosity. It was a curse really and she knew that.

I wonder what Alvar said earlier... the female thought to herself as she took a sip of her water. Her dryad friend only spoke Hawaiian occasionally and those occasions were usually negative—that much she knew. Was it directed towards Lucian like she had imagined or was she reading too far into the situation?

I’ll ask Xao later. She continued thinking to herself, only to cut herself off midway. In the event Alvar said something bad, Xaomin would inevitably get involved. If her brother were to get involved, then she’d lose a bit more of her freedom. That meant she wouldn’t be able to make a new friend. But Lucian could be bad...

Fenli slapped her cheeks to erase any bad thoughts. There was no way she’d let other people influence her actions and tell her who she could and couldn’t be friends with. Regardless of how she behaved, she was an adult that could make her own decisions.

Turning her around and glancing back towards the curtains, she’d noticed Calista talking to their new member.

“I wander what they’re talking about.” Fenli said to Alvar as she began to attack her second bottle of water.

• moon-sik choi

✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧ ---- ✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧
    Moon-sik chuckled at the other man’s words. He never really took offense; it would take more than a few prickly remarks to turn him away. “Don’t act like you didn’t miss me.” He teased. “I’m sure you probably were just longing for a cigarette and my wonderful presence underneath all that brooding and sullenness.” He couldn’t help but to laugh at his own joke, the dimple on his left cheek making an appearance. He tipped his head once Xao came closer, eyes twinkling with delight.

“Touchy.” He tutted at the other’s short response. “Although…” Glancing out of the corner of his eye, he studied the man. “I have spells that help with sleeping. I don’t know how well fae take to elixirs, but the offer’s on the table.” He shrugged, running a hand through his hair before turning once more to his work.

Moon-sik was silent as he leaned forward, focusing on dimming the lights. He couldn’t help but to smile at the applause, studying Zoe as she bowed with a giddiness he had come to expect from her. He hummed as he cut the lights. Turning on the spotlights, he was quiet as the next act came onto stage.

“Excuse you– human genes can also make you hot. For example–” Pointing at his face, he gave the other a sharp grin. “Look at me.”

Quietly, sapphire-colored eyes watched as the fae lit his cigarette. The way a shadow casted over the other's features in the flames made a half-formed smile appear on his lips. He really had missed him. Still, Moon-sik knew better than to be direct. The silence that descended made him catch his breath, eyes lingering on the other a touch too long. He quickly turning his head away. He could feel a soft flush appearing on his cheeks; although, he ignored it.

“You know I’m not interested in socializing.” He grumbled at his question, rolling his eyes for good measure.

Clearing his throat, he focused his attention on the stage. “You’re tempting me with those cigarettes.” He sighed, inhaling deeply before he huffed. He pouted his bottom lip out, turning pleading eyes towards Xao. “Wanna go chain-smoke after this?” Swaying a bit closer to the man, he sent him a teasing grin. “Or you could be a really good friend and share with me right now while I’m working…”

code by @pasta

579498Watanabe Candy

Mood: Smug/Excited
Outfit: Sports bra and baggy pants
Interactions: mochi bun mochi bun

Candy smirked with and overconfident smile, especially when Kamon said everyone had enjoyed Calista’s performance. She ran a hand through the fur on the top of her head.

“Yeah, sure thing sneaky snake.” Candy snickered. She was nice..... most of the time. But she lived to tease. It was just fun. As she stepped into the light of the ring, the nine tailed fox raised one of her hands and waved. She heard many murmurs among the clapping, thanks to her hearing.

What is she? Is she a fox? Why is that man covered in tattoos?

Candy smirked, and closed her eyes. All good questions, she thought. Let’s answer a few of them.

When the music began to play, Candy began with walking into the middle of the ring, where three tires sat stacked. Pink lights flashed for drama, and a little glitter came out of the ceiling. She grabbed the first black tire with ease, and rolled it along the back of her arms as if it was a basketball. She did this a few times before tossing it into the air. She then grabbed the second tire, and began to juggle them through the air. Catching one and throwing the other, a never ending circle. Well, almost.

Breaking the cycle by catching them both, Candy places on of tires as if it was going to roll, right up, and placed it on her muzzle. Successfully balancing the material, Candy picked up the other two and set her palms face up, so she balanced all three of them.

The kicker came when she revealed all nine of her tails, and lifted up her feet to her tails held all the weight. It was a bit painful, but still impressive to anyone watching. She heard some cheers and claps from the audience, as she showed a pretty flashy feat of strength and some balance. After showing off a little, with some glitter and snazzy lights, Candy waited for Kamon’s part of the show; Candy herself stepping slightly into the shadows.

Last edited:
3EF2707F-D3D8-46A4-8797-CC0BD3D273C2.jpeg Alvar Circe

Mood: Embarrassed / Annoyed
Outfit: Blue and gold Acrobat costume
Interactions: koala koala mourning star mourning star N Nue

Alvar tilted his head in curiosity. Still in his acrobatics outfit, he was honestly getting chilly. Maybe he should get a sweater or something.

“Yeah. I wonder....” Alvar was finally relaxing, and as such, his power relaxed. The water that was once in the air fell on top of Alvar, soaking his hair and the top part of his shoulders. He blanked, eyes wide and his face and hair dripping wet. He sighed, and his face blushed blue form embarrassment. He saw several of the stage hands who had seen laugh slightly, before returning to their job. At least he had no makeup. He tried whipping away some water with his hands, even though it didn’t really bother him to be wet.

He watched as Calista approached Lucian, and smiled slightly. If Calista was watching that man, Alvar would feel a lot better about being around him. He watched as Cassian stepped back, probably waiting for Calista to say he could leave. He turned his head as Candy and Kamon’s music came on, probably starting their act. Then, he heard the putter patter of feet against the floor. The Dryad turned to see Zoe running to Fen, and start firing off questions. He laughed slightly to himself, before turning away.

He didn’t want to cling to people. That was disrespectful and annoying. So, he searched for Aubrey. She was fun to talk to. He looked around for her, trying to locate the red head.

Last edited:
Aubrey was sat against a wall, sipping a can of Pepsi a stagehand had gifted her, seemingly unaware of any of what had went down. Propped up on her knees was the sketchbook she'd been carrying around, flipped to a half-finished illustration of a potential stage outfit. In true Audrey fashion, it was gaudy, over the top and just generally Too Much, covered in frills and bearing puffy sleeves.

She'd sip, scribble something on to it, crumple up her face and then furiously rub it out, then repeat the process. The page was covered in the faint outlines of erased outfits, and clearly, she'd been too engrossed in it to notice any of the past commotion.

579866 Alvar Circe

Mood: Happy
Interactions: N Nue

Spotting Aubrey against a wall, Alvar perked up. He skipped over to her and stood in front of her, smiling a little. All thoughts of Lucian were gone, and he tugged at the back of his hair.

“Hello, Aubrey! What’s up?” He asked curiously, smiling at the red headed girl. He liked her Simpson's shirt, and wished he could change into something more casual. Sadly, he didn’t know if the were doing meet and greets after the shows.

Last edited:
Aubrey didn't notice Alvar until he was directly in front of her. Lifting her head up in surprise, her expression was first one of confusion, before breaking out into a huge grin. She'd evidently been fully engrossed in her task up until then, but that didn't seem to bother her, as she slid the sketchbook shut and turned her full attention to him.

"Hey Al! Nothing much, just scribbling," She answered, waving the sketchbook dismissively. "How'd it go? The show, I mean? I was busy then or I would've snuck into the audience and watched." A stage hand walked past at that point, so she quickly added in a loud voice, "J u s t kidding, I would never shirk my duties~!"

580032 Alvar Circe

Alvar tried snuffling a laugh, but just ended up snorting in laughter. He played it cool, playing with his hair and smiling.

“Don’t worry, they don’t care much.” Alvar said as the stage hand walked past. “and you draw? I didn’t know that. That’s cool.” Alvar didn’t ask to see them. He sketched just a little himself. They weren’t that good, but they were ok. He knew that artists didn’t like they’re drawings to be seen.

Alvar sparred one last glance to Lucian, and sighed. Just leave him be. It’s fine.

Last edited:
ce8ae82aa633fed37b6b1551bf0d6c27.jpg
Yulie
~Location: Big Top
~Interactions: N/A
~Mentions: All

Normally, nights like this would result in finding a decent and comfortable tree to climb before settling in for the rest of the night, but tonight was different. Tonight was the night that she was supposed to go see the Evergreen Circus; a renowned and magical troupe of performers--most of the supernatural variety--showcasing their skills to impress an audience of hundreds of people. This is not an activity that the young girl would typically seek out, but the last conversation she had with her mentor rang throughout her skull. "Yulie," he whispered gently, "Promise me you'll find a place where you belong. A place where you can be happy. Do you promise...?" The young chimera, who had be named Yulie approximately five years ago, was only able to nod before the last breath of life passed from her mentors...no her fathers, pale lips. That day was still in her mind as clear as the day Oral had taken her in. Gripping the decorated scarf tightly the young girl swallowed down the lump that was threatening to form in her throat. Now was no time for tears.

As it came close to showtime she wandered her way through the crowd and produced her ticket for the person in a colorful booth. They smiled warmly at her before handing her back the stub and gesturing her inside. It was so much bigger than she could have even imagined. Bold colors decorated the interior as rows and rows of stands surrounded a stage. Sliding through the crowd like a shadow in the night she managed to get a spot on the second row that was almost center stage. Cerulean orbs widen with excitement as more and more information was taken in. After several minutes the lights dimmed and music reverberated though the big top. One minute there was nothing, and then there was a women. Tall, lanky, and sultry she glided across the floor with expertise. Ears flattening, and face heating up, Yulie hid her fact in her scarf. Despite the sudden wave of embarrassment at the women's seductive dance the young girl could not look away. There was something there that made her want to look. As soon as the dance was over it was like she had been released from a fog. Without hesitation she clapped with the rest of the crowd.

Then came the aerialist. A boy, who appeared to rather feminine, nimbly tumbled across the stage, on hoops, and other apparatus that she had no idea what they were. By the end of the act she was leaning forward in her seat so that much that she could feel the tickle of the persons hair in front of her under her chin. That didn't matter. Once the act was complete then there was a trapeze artist. Light as a feather they defied gravity and produced tricks that Yulie could never dream up. By the time the strong-men and strong-women came on she was clapper frivolously; at this point she was not even thinking about why she came here, but rather Yulie was lost in allure of the show. After all, it was only the beginning.

Last edited:
"Well, I wouldn't say I 'draw', more I just.. scribble and mess about sometimes," She laughed, "I'm tryna figure out a costume design. Y'know, for when I actually have a routine to perform and all that jazz. Pretty sure most of the attention will be on the animals, but it never hurts to look fancy, too.."

She was aware of the irony in that statement, considering she went to most places looking like she'd just rolled out of bed. Truth be told, she'd always wanted to try more fashionable things and actually try to have a coherent sense of fashion, but she'd never really had enough money to really splash out, and mostly stuck to the obscure tshirt-and-jeans combo.

When Aubrey looked up, she realized Alvar was slightly distracted, staring off into another direction. Following his gaze, she spotted a rather imposing looking man who- well, the phrase that came up in her head was 'goth magpie'. He was decked out in enough jewellery to equal half of Aubrey's weight, she reckoned, but not.. much else? More notable than that, though, were the ragged black wings sprouting from his back. Seeing them, her mind immediately went to Cassian, but despite sharing the trait of wings, there was something.. distinctly different about this other figure. A different kind of vibe. As guarded as Cassian seemed, she could sense kindness in him. She couldn't sense this at all in this new person. In fact, looking at him, she felt an unpleasant shiver course through her. Trying to brush it off, she let out a chuckle that was maybe a little too loud and forced.

"Like that guy! Maybe a little toned down though, that guy looks like he's wearing Tiffany & Co.'s entire inventory and I don't have the budget for that." Aubrey paused. Looking at Alvar again, he seemed disquieted, something she hadn't noticed earlier. "Hey, everything okay..?"

interactions: Meme Machine Meme Machine

581258 Alvar Circe

Flinching slightly when Aubrey mentioned Lucian, Alvar nodded his head in response, his gaze trailing past Lucian to look back at Aubrey.

Yeah. Like Lucian...” He said hesitantly, before looking back at the red headed girl. “Oh! Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little worn out from the performance is all. It’s not easy on the neck.” Alvar joked, mainly just to steer the focus away from Lucian. He didn’t want Aubrey to go up there and meet him, because that meant he would follow. Instead, he looked out the curtain, and saw Candy and Kamon, putting on their act. He smiled slightly, before turning to the girl once more.

“And I’m sure your drawings are lovely, Aubrey.”

fenli wei
• animal tamer
mentions: Lucian, Cassian, Calista, Alvar
interactions: mourning star mourning star

Fenli's eyes were still glued to Lucian, Cassian, and Calista. The young girl was trying to read their lips, but the never-ending crowd of workers were getting in her way. She was hopping from foot to foot trying to look pass and over everyone, but it was to no avail. With a long sigh, she felt the corners of her lips droop sightly until her soul sister appeared.

"Zoe!" The female squealed excitedly as her crystal blue eyes lit up once again. She brought the green-haired girl into a bear hug and let out a giddy laugh. Letting the Zoe go, Fenli fixed her pink locks and smiled ear to ear. "I missed you so much. I'm okay and I'm a little jet-lagged, but I think Xao has it worse. He was frowning the whole car ride here. How have you been? Have you met the new guy, Lucian?"

• Alvar Circe
    Alvar loved mornings in Evergreen. They were relaxing, peaceful, sometimes, even, made him forget that he was so nervous that he could barely talk to others without someone he already knew with him. And then, there were days after performances. When his hands were cramped and blistered form signing autographs and twirling on hoops, hole was mentally exhausted and slightly sore, but all the same you wake up with a fresh excitement, because hey you got a standing ovation last night!

But Alvar was a bit bleary eyed as he woke up, talking to his fish haphazardly and getting dressed at the same time. They were deep in a conversation about which food he should buy them from now on when he half fell asleep, still in his sweat pants and t-shirt that read ‘Nice to Sea you’.

“Alvar!” One of the fish called out to him. “Are you even listening?” That one was sweet, but a little pushy sometimes. Alvar snapped to attention, and shot an apologetic smile to the fish. “Oh.... I’m sorry. I wasn’t paying attention.” He said sheepishly.

“Well, clearly.” Another fish said. A hot head, that one. Especially for living in the water. “She said-“ He started, before another fish swam over and clapped a fin over his mouth. (Technically she swam in front of him, but whatever.) “She said, dear, that you need to go eat! Invite that nice girl you were talking about; Aubrey! And Fenli too.”

Alvar smiled, and nodded quickly. “Alright. I think I will.” He said, before hopping out of his trailer. He saw Cassian’s trailer, and decided, ‘why not’ before running over and knocking on his door. He was definitely going to see if everyone wanted to eat together. Except maybe...

No, no. Lucian deserved a chance too. Even though he was kind of creepy, and looked at Fenli in a weird way, he deserved a chance.

He should probably ask Mr. Crom and Calista What was going on today as well. He didn’t want to slack.

N Nue koala koala NIAMH NIAMH Wandering Seraph Wandering Seraph Lunar Lunar mochi bun mochi bun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back