• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Evergreen Circus || OPEN

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Rehema Abadi

Location: backstage. | Interacting with: koala koala N Nue mourning star mourning star | Mentions: n/a

"Thank you, Aubrey." Rehema says, relieved when she looks in the direction she pointed in and spotting Zoe in the distance. Her attention is brought back to Aubrey, and then the girl who'd been next to her. Rehema blinked, asking herself how she hadn't noticed her sooner. "Oh, hello there." The siren greets the girl, who she found outrageously adorable with her soft pink hair and bright round eyes. "My name is Rehema, it's nice to meet you, Fenli. And to answer your question, yes, I will be performing with Zoe tonight." She tells her, looking back to the crowd as if getting ready. She was always a confident being, so performing in front of people was nothing difficult for her, and she trusted Zoe with her life. She kind of had to in this line of work. "Speaking of, I should go over there now. But it was nice to meet you, Fenli. Do enjoy the show, loves." And with that said, Rehema gives a wave to the girl and Aubrey before hurrying off towards Zoe.

"Seems like we've both been looking for each other." Rehema tells the shapeshifter as she approaches, stopping in front of her. "Are you ready?" The answer didn't really matter- they had to be ready, whether they were or not. She stretches her arms out forward and rolls her neck side to side to loosen up. "Sorry for not finding you earlier."

code by Ri.a

As Alvar and Cassian greeted the 'new' girl, something clicked in Aubrey's head. She'd thought the name sounded familiar.

"Oh! Wait! Are you the other animal trainer?" She couldn't contain how excited she sounded. She'd been mostly alone for the first few weeks at Evergreen, but had been told there was another animal tamer who wasn't there at the moment - she was sure the name had been Fenli. "If I'm not wrong I think we're gonna be working together!"

fenli wei
• animal tamer
outfit: flowing white dress with spaghetti straps, simple nude sandals
mentions: ---
interactions: N Nue , Meme Machine Meme Machine , Wandering Seraph Wandering Seraph

After the other trapeze artist left to find Zoe, Fenli returned her attention to Alvar's performance. He was as mesmerizing as always, especially when the lights shined onto him. The male had a beautiful skin tone that complemented his white hair and his blue markings always dazzled under light. A part of her was jealous of him because she could never look like that. While her fae blood gave her an appearance that was above average, the downside was that she looked considerably young for her age.

It wasn't long before the act was over. Alvar and Cassian seemed to be talking about something but it was difficult to tell. With the combination of a bustling crowd and excited animals and workers, hearing anything farther than a few feet radius seemed impossible. Thankfully, Alvar turned in her direction, prompting the fae to wave her hands enthusiastically.

"Alvar!" Fenli slightly bounced on her heels before hugging the teen's arm. Although they'd known each other for a while, she was well aware of the boy's shyness. Even though she had no concept of personal space, she at least could tell when someone felt uncomfortable. The same could have been said about Cassian, who was probably less welcoming in terms of physicality in comparison to Alvar. She ended up hugging the angel's arm like she had done the dryad, only this was a few second less.

"Cassian!" Crossing her arms and squinting her eyes, her lips formed a small pout as she pretended to be offended by the angel's remark. Of course, a smile crept its way onto her face because it was rare for her to actually get upset. "Keep teasing me and I won't give you the gift I brought back."

"You were amazing like always by the way, Alvar." Fenli chirped. "So how have you been? It's been weeks since I've seen everyone. I wonder how the animals are doing."

Suddenly, Aubrey abruptly spoke, causing Fenli to jump slightly and her eyes to widen. After listening carefully, she felt her smile grow wider and her crystal eyes sparkled with excitement. "Yes, yes that's me! That's so cool." Her face was flushing with happiness, heels bouncing again as she tried to contain her overflowing energy. "I was getting lonely by myself. I'm glad I have a partner now though!"

Last edited:
Alvar Circe

Alvar smiled wildly at the pink haired girl, the blue creeping into his face. It did that a lot. He had half hugged her back, the fae girl smiling all the while. As Cassian made his remark, Alvar choked on air before laughing a little to loud. He clamped a hand over his mouth and tried to stifle his giggles.

“You know Cas, I was wondering about that.” Alvar said teasingly bumbing elbows with the angel. Alvar then brought his attention back to Fenli, as she complemented him on his performance. He blushed harder and hung his head a little in embarrassment, twirling the hair on the back of his neck. He muttered somthing shyly about how he messed up the at the end, but thanking her still.

Then his head looked back at the curtains, the ones separating them from the ring. Worry fell on his face, and he bit his bottom lip slightly. When he had twirled around the ring near the audience, he caught a better glance at the brown haired boy that he though was a dryad. And of course, he was correct. Alvar didn’t know what that meant, but he just really hoped nothing happened about it.

Cassian squeezed Fenli's shoulders with his other arm when she hugged him, more pleased to have her back than he was taken aback by the touch. He watched as the conversation continued and elbowed Alvar right back when he teased him about his lack of shirts.

"Hey, don't play innocent with me! I know you've got one of my button-ups," he shot back with a teasing smirk.

Even as he said it, Cassian noted that Alvar seemed distracted by something...someone in the audience. The dryad was staring through the gap in the curtains intently, an uncharacteristically grim look on his face. It might have been nothing, but Cassian decided to ask about it later, when they wren't surrounded by other people.

_____
Interactions/Mentions: Meme Machine Meme Machine koala koala N Nue

xaomin wei
• stagehand
outfit: Faded gray t-shirt, black jeans, black combat boots
mentions: Calista
interactions: mourning star mourning star NIAMH NIAMH

He must've dozed off for a split second because they were already preparing for the next act. Xaomin sat up straight, eyes still heavy from being in the dream world. His blue eyes scanned the area for Calista but he found someone else instead. Even from the position he was sitting in, he could see a familiar head of green hair. A soft smile grew on his lips as he stood up, dusting bits of hay and dirt off his clothing. The horse made a sound of "Good riddance" but Xaomin ignored it again.

"Zoe," The dark-haired male said as he approached her, noticing the figure she was with but not entirely acknowledging them yet. He placed a gentle hand on top of the shorter girl's head, a sign of good will and something he often did with those shorter than him, and asked, "You aren't Calista but I'm glad I saw you. Are you performing next?"

He took the brief moment in between conversation to tilt his head at the white-haired woman, nodding in her direction and offering a smile as greeting.

• moon-sik choi

✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧ ---- ✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧
    Moon-sik had watched Calista perform with his chin propped on his hand, eyes half-lidded. He was impervious to charms, but it was still a nice demonstration. His eyes would trace to the computer, ensuring the system was running correctly before he was shift to the lighting board before him. His mouth twisted into a smirk as Calista finished her performance, joining in for a moment with the applause.

Cutting the lights, he waited before he allowed a single spotlight to illuminate the figure that strode across the stage. Moon-sik held his breath throughout the routine, more focused than he had been with their second-in-command. A shiver crawled up his spine when the man laughed. He certainly knew one way to frighten the crowd. Sighing through his nose, Moon-sik picked up the walkie-talkie.

“Next performer– cue and ready to go.”

His words were met with a fresh chorus of ‘yes, over’s from the other stagehands. He set up the next sequence for Alvar. The performance passed by smoothly, the young boy doing extraordinarily well. Sighing through his nose, Moon-sik shot another glance at the monitor. He had been through these shows long enough to know the cues by heart. He could hear a lot of the stagehands over the feed. Calista was also speaking, keeping him informed on the performers. He would respond in kind, telling her the times and keeping his jokes reigned in until after the show.

“Better get the trapeze act ready.” He murmured to Calista, glancing at his screen. The lighting cue was synced up with only seconds to spare. “They’re gonna be late if they don’t hurry up.

code by @pasta

Rehema Abadi

Location: backstage. | Interacting with: mourning star mourning star | Mentions: n/a

Rehema returned the greeting to the stranger who approached, who didn't seem like a stranger at all to her partner. She let the two do a brief catching up before Zoe informed they performed soon, to which Rehema exhaled through her nose. "So, who was that?" She asks the artist with a light nudge to her side as the two walked alongside each other towards the curtain. Rehema wasn't exactly close with Zoe, nor was she really close with anybody, but she felt she and the other girl could bond well, which Rehema was grateful for seeing as the two were partners and a bond was pretty necessary in order for their line of work to be successful.

"Also, breathe, Zoe." She tries to calm the girl, noting the anxiety. Performing was always a little difficult on the nerves, and confused the siren greatly as she wasn't really used to feeling so many things at once. Excitement, worry, fear, joy. She was only familiar with feeling at least one or two things at once, so it was a little overwhelming but at the same time made Rehema feel more "in tune" with actual human emotions and not the dark ones she was raised to have during her journey of a siren, luring naive men and women in for the kill. Of course, this hadn't meant she abandoned her ways. She was born an enchantress, so she wouldn't be throwing it away so easily. It was a powerful thing to have.

Rehema peeks through the curtain, drawing in her bottom lip as she watches the crowd joyously mingle with one another in anticipation for the next act. Only a few looked bored and uninterested, as if they'd been forced to go so they could have "family bonding". Karim used to refer to family outings like that, usually when he believed that safiya hadn't been getting enough outside world experience. The thought of the man made the woman frown and gnaw at her inner cheek, scolding herself for even thinking about the man who left at the one time he was needed most. The negative thoughts and emotions were washed over quickly, then. She wouldn't allow it to ruin her night- not when there were more important things to focus on. Speaking of, she smiles to Zoe. "And thank you. For what you said earlier." She refered to when Zoe had complimented her before the stranger came over. "But it isn't achievable without you, so I know you'll do just as beautiful."

And with that, she walks out with a smile only saved for audiences, taking in the applause as the duo reveal themselves and take their places.

code by Ri.a

• Alvar Circe
    Mood: Embarrassed
    Interactions: Wandering Seraph Wandering Seraph NIAMH NIAMH mourning star mourning star

Alvar saw Zoe and Rehema about to go into the fray of their performance. He gave them a wave and a thumbs up of good luck. Then her grabbed his arm with his other hand, leaning to the side slightly and sighing. He absolutely adored group performances; he thought they had a very unique taste. Every person had their quirks, and placing two similar or different people in a group together, mixing their auras into a unforgettable performance really made him happy.

He sighed, biting his lower lip as he looked to Cassian. When it registered what Cassian had said, Alvar’s mouth opened slightly and he crossed his arms, his face bright blue. He tried to speak, but it just came out as incoherent blabbering. Eventually he was able to spit out,

“Yeah, but I fully planned on returning it tomorrow.” He stated, trying to sound confidant in his words. His gaze was still trailed to his feet, and his arms came uncrossed to play with the hair on the back of his neck.

codedbycrucialstar
    editedbyMeme Machine

Last edited:
xaomin wei
• stagehand
mentions: ---
interactions: mourning star mourning star , mochi bun mochi bun

Xaomin smiled as the younger girl's ears and tail picked up. Her mood seemed somewhat better than from what he saw from afar, and he couldn't help the warm feeling he felt in his chest. There were only two people who could make the fae feel such calmness and they were both his little sisters. A long time ago, there was someone else who could make him feel serene in addition to feelings that rivaled with passion. However, she only left a small hole in his heart in the end. The period was blissful while it lasted and a brief wave of sadness washed over the male, but he quickly recovered with, "Good luck and don't forget to have fun."

Zoe's last comment before leaving about Moon-sik caused a side of the man's lips to lift slightly. Saying he missed the younger would have been a bit of an overstatement, but he did miss having a smoking buddy. The last two weeks left an itch in the back of Xaomin's throat, one that could only be satisfied with the bitter taste of tobacco. He didn't like smoking in front of Fenli, however, so the entire two weeks was spent battling the monster inside him.

Deciding he'd greet his fellow stagehand, Xaomin began the short journey towards the sound systems. Crystal eyes scanned the crowd backstage as he tried to spot Calista in the process. Talking about his brief family outing during a performance would have inconvenienced her, but not announcing his presence was disrespectful. The least he could do was say hello.

When he spotted the older woman and they made eye contact, Xaomin gave her a nod. It was a small sign, but anyone who spoke to him enough could understand it. After ensuring Calista was aware he and his sister had returned, the man continued his trek towards Moon-sik.

"Have a light on you?" Xaomin crossed his arms, leaning on a nearby tent pole. His voice and face were tired, but they were welcoming nonetheless.

Katya Savas 2759a88d26c1c304c2012bf1fdb78e94.jpg
Interacting with: Rehema, Zoe, Xao and Kamon ( NIAMH NIAMH , mourning star mourning star , koala koala )

Calista sighed through her nose, glancing around the backstage area with a frown. Moon-sik’s words had instilled in her a sense of urgency. Normally, everyone would already be in their designated spots but for some odd reason, the two trapeze artists had yet to appear. Calista finally spotted the pair as they made their way from the back of the waiting area. Raising her brow as they slipped past the curtain, she kept her expression neutral until the two were finally onstage.

Set and ready.” She murmured into the walkie-talkie. “Next act up, Moon-sik. Begin opening sequence.”

Running a hand through her curls, she glanced once more around the room. Two new figures gave her paused, surprised for a moment. Glancing at Fenli, she felt her lips twitch upwards into a warm smile. The girl certainly was an interesting one; a little naive but still sweet at heart. Calista knew it had been a little more subdued since the two had left. It was refreshing to see the fae mingling with the younger performers.

Xao was the one who caught her eye next. His nod was met with one of her own, her smile growing less fond. The pair had a more formal relationship; although, she didn’t exactly fault the other. They both seemed to have their own histories that they preferred to keep private. It brought a sense of camaraderie between them– even when they hardly spoke outside of performance hours.

Hey, Liam.” She singsonged over the feed once she noticed where the male fae was wondering. “Please focus on the show. I know you’re about to be distracted but I’d prefer if you still did your job.” Keeping her amused laughter to herself, she tuned her attention back to the feed.

Her eyes caught on Kamon across the room then. Tapping on her wrist in a universal symbol of ‘time’, she tilted her head towards the curtain. She wanted him to actually be on his cue before the girls could return. She only hoped he caught on to her gesture.

Kamon Onruang 208facb688dea9b6a5b272da2ba081fd (1).jpg
Interacting with: Candy and Calista ( Meme Machine Meme Machine )

Kamon had been off to the side as he waited his turn. Waiting was the worst part. He didn’t often get nervous but it was still strange to be forced to watch the minutes tick by until he was in front of the audience. Once the trapeze artists had slipped past, however, he perked up. Deciding to go find Candy, he shot a glance towards Calista.

The tap of her wrist made him chuckle, rolling his eyes and sending her a salute with two of his fingers. Turning away, he went off in search of his fellow performer. It was easy to find Candy; she was one of the only people of the trope that stood out from the more… human-looking in appearance. He didn’t say anything as he stood a foot or so away. He began to adjust the white wraps he wore along his wrists and palms, tightening the tape minutely.

Reaching into his pocket, he withdrew a small pouch of white powder. He opened the string, pouring the substance into his open hand. He then rubbed the chalk along his palms and over his calloused fingers. Rolling his shoulders, he felt the ripple span down his exposed back. A short sigh of breath before he was straightening up, smile in place.

Dark eyes turned down to the smaller performer. “You good to go?” He asked her, anticipation in his voice.

Watanabe Candy
Mood: Confidant/Smug
Interactions: mochi bun mochi bun

As Candy heard Kamon's voice, her head snapped up. Her sleep interrupted, she sighed. Shaking off the lingering drowsiness that came with a solid rest, she stood up from the crate she had been laying on, and made sure her hands were well coated in chalk. The white substance was still sticking well to her fur, giving it an almost dirty feel.

Her baggy pants flowed with her movements, but her fur ended up covering over the spirts bra a little. With fur, Candy really had no need to be modest.

Nevertheless, she nodded in response, and stretched her arms over her head. She made all of her tails (but one) disappear. Having the other tails come out in the middle of the performance was much more interesting than just coming out with all nine. She gave him a look, and spoke in a slightly teasing voice.

“So. Did you enjoy Calista’s performance?” She was kidding of course. But still, she enjoyed teasing other people for fun. Her sarcasm and voice held a deeper meaning behind her words, as she smirked and raised a eyebrow at Kamon.

codedbycrucialstar

Beatrice, being the person that she was, managed to be a bit late for the show. It wasn’t through a lack of trying or anything; she just happened to fall asleep at the wrong time. Yeah, that was it. Totally wasn’t her fault or anything. Regardless of the truth, she was still late. She couldn’t just sit around and make excuses; she was just as much of a part of the show as everyone else was, and she should be there.

Despite her sluggish nature, she was quick on her feet when she really wanted to be. After rushing to get ready, it didn't take her long to find herself backstage. Practically everyone seemed to be there, too. Great, she was probably later than she thought. Ah, well. There was no changing that now. Besides, they probably wouldn’t be that bothered by her late appearance anyhow.

Even after reassuring herself that everything was fine, she decided to hang back for the time being; she'd surely approach the others later. Beatrice just didn't want to draw attention to herself. It seemed like the next performance was about to begin, anyways, and she was interested in watching.

[class=header] background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/65/ed/02/65ed0282956d97cf6227efb48f38f83b.jpg'); width: 590px; height: 110px; margin: auto; [/class] [class=pfp] background: url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/be/82/1f/be821f41c31e1e83ca014051df729874.jpg'); width: 230px; height: 350px; background-size: cover; margin-left: 361px; [/class] [class=pfptext] position: relative; width: 100%; height: 100%; opacity: 0; transition: opacity 1s; color: white; background-color: rgb(0,0,0,0.7); [/class] [class name=pfptext state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=header]
code by gr00vy
lucian galloway
[/div]
[div class=pfp][div class=pfptext]
fallen angel ⛥ cotortionist ⛥ interacting / mention - Meme Machine Meme Machine . koala koala
[/div][/div]
golden eyes watched the show from the crowd with an amused gaze. so far, he'd been quite impressed with all the acts who performed, and had no doubt he'd feel the same way at the end of the night. the stranger's head tilts to the side a bit, releasing a small hum behind his sealed lips, the gears in his head starting to turn. of all the ideas he's had in the past, not one of them included joining a circus. with the attention already given to him from curious eyes in the crowd, ogling at the decor he wore, the apostate had a good guess he'd fit right in. besides, what harm could be done?

a silly question, lucian.

he simpers, before moving behind the audience and making his way towards the backstage. of course, he stops right at the entrance, far away enough to be blinded from the crowd as his eyes sweep the room once more. he'd joined the evergreen circus not too long ago, but never really made an appearance until now. naturally, he wanted his entrance to be grand and unforgettable, but alas, he was certain he'd steal the spotlight and while he loved the attention, he couldn't do that to someones hardwork. not yet, at least.

lucian's dark wings lay against his back like a raven-feathered cape, rubbing a finger against the sharpness of his jawline as if in thought. the man stuck out like a sore thumb, but a really fashionable sore thumb with eyes as hollow as his cheekbones, which had been as sharp as his peering optics. there were unfamiliar faces, other than the ringleader, who he'd been a bit intrigued on meeting as soon as possible.

is that...a dog?

well, that certainly caught him off guard. he wasn't expecting to see such a soft-colored, humanoid, dog...thing. he wanted to be sort of disgusted by how human they actually were, but most of him was actually sort of...impressed. intrigued, even. he shakes his head and rests each hand of his on his hips, looking around once again.

oh, well she's interesting.

lucian's curious stare lands on a girl with pink hair and a doe-like expression- the perfect little thing, looking so innocent and happy. in a way, she reminded the void of a man of a tulip, and because of the comparison, he decides that is what he'd call her from now on, regardless of her actual name. with that in mind, he makes his way over to the flower girl, but makes the mistake of running into the fox he'd taken note of earlier, causing him to turn to face her. "apologies." lucian says, in a way that he's used to utilizing for when he has to put on a face in front of strangers in order to make a princely first impression, despite the caliginous air he holds.

Watanabe Candy
Mood: Confidant/Smug
Interactions: NIAMH NIAMH

Candy felt someone bump into her, and on reflex turned to apologize. Even though it totally wasn’t her fault. Her breath caught in her throat as she saw who it was. A very tall man of very decent looks had run into her, and Candy smirked.

“Apologies accepted. And where are you of to in such a hurry, hm?” She saw what direction he had been going in, and laughed slightly. “Ah, going to see Fenli, Cassian, Rehema, and blue boy then?” She barely waited for his answer, her Japanese accent thick with a slight teasing edge to it. She had no idea what he was, but his smell was very interesting. Smoke and lavender, with a hint of earth and the metallic scent that came with metal and jewels. An odd combination. Candy placed a hand on her hip, and her nose twitched. She held out a paw for him to shake.

“Names Candy. What’s yours, Lavender?” She gave lavender as a nickname so easily, it almost came second nature. She didn’t say it as if she was assuming his name, but as if she had assigned it to him.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
fenli wei
• animal tamer
mentions: Zoe, Calista
interactions: Meme Machine Meme Machine , Wandering Seraph Wandering Seraph mourning star mourning star

Watching her two male friends talk, she’d noticed a slight change in the atmosphere. Normally, Fenli was oblivious to such changes, but she could see it then. Alvar has an expression she couldn’t find a word for, while Cassian appeared worried. She tilted her head slightly and was about to ask why they both seemed tensed, but she couldn’t stop herself after hearing Calista’s voice.

Fenli grinned from ear to ear upon hearing Calista speak, especially since she was talking about Zoe and other trapeze artist’s performance.

Was it Rehema? Reheyma? Reema? Internally slapping herself, she knew she’d have to play off the fact she already forgot the woman’s name. Names were something she was always bad at. Faces were easy though so she’d at least recognize the performer.

Waiting patiently for the performance to begin, she kept her eyes towards the spotlight. However, that was when a chill ran down her spine as something dark fluttered into the corner of her eye. Goosebumps flooded her arms and she could feel the hair on the back of her neck raise, a cold breeze dancing across her bare skin.

Tilting her head to the side and leaning passed Cassian, Fenli saw him. He was a rather beautiful man, if man were the right term, much like Cassian. Like her angelic friend, the other sported wings. Unlike her friend, however, they were black and reminded her of raven feathers. All she knew was that she wanted to touch them.

It was a bad habit of hers—touching things that didn’t belong to her, of course. Alvar had experienced once when she forced herself into his trailer to feed his whining fish. Cassian definitely witnessed her trying to steal a cloak while reaching through his window. Everyone in the circus had experienced Fenli’s undying curiosity, lack of privacy, and desire to have things in her possession.

The man with the large black wings was no exception.

“So pretty...” She was mesmerized as she casually ran her delicate fingers along the dark feathers, and it was more than obvious. “Are you an angel like Cassian?”

Last edited:

• Alvar Circe
    Mood: Shocked/Slightly scared
    Interactions: koala koala NIAMH NIAMH Wandering Seraph Wandering Seraph

Alvar’s face was still blue when he noticed Fenli walking towards a complete stranger. He gasped, and looked around for Xao to stop his sister. When he couldn’t immediately see him, Alvar sighed. He turned to Fenli and ran up to her. Of course, it was a (bad) habit of hers to randomly go and touch things. But what could you do? He came up to her, and lowered her hand with his own.

“Fenli, your brother and I have told you about this. You can’t just go up to strangers and..... touch.... oh.” Alvar stopped speaking as he looked up to the man before him. He was similar to Cassian, to the point that they had wings, and were both very dashing. But that’s where the similarity’s ended for him. Alvar immediately felt... nervous, and not in a good way. He wanted to go hide behind the white wings of his friend. He was both scared that he would embarrass himself, and scared of the person before him.

E nānā i ka nani.” He whispered, in pure Hawaiian. He was shocked at himself at first, and then slightly hid behind Fenli. He could see the way this guy looked at her, and he wasn’t sure if he trusted the black winged person. He had all sorts of dark vibes. But Candy was talking to him, so he couldn’t be that bad, right?

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
Cassian Croteau

Cassian's head didn't turn easily, so the entrance of a stranger, even an imposing and formidable stranger with a particular air of "look-at-me-look-at-me-look-at-me" that Cassian could almost taste, didn't draw his attention or his acknowledgement. What did draw his attention, however, was hearing Alvar gasp something in Hawaiian. In Cassian's experience, Alvar never spoke Hawaiian unless he was scared or angry. His eyes narrowed ever so slightly as he turned on one heel, just far enough to get a good look at the newcomer. A fallen angel if he'd ever seen one. They had never been formally introduced, but Cassian recognized the other angel from around camp. The presence of one of his own kind never slipped by him. Cassian was thoroughly unimpressed by the outfit he was faced with. Discount goth. Maybe they had something in common. He could look past garish clothes and haughty demeanors most of the time. It had been years since he'd had the opportunity to really talk to another angel.

At the moment, however, Cassian felt a slowly rising tide of distaste for the hungry look in the fallen angel's eyes, the way he was sizing Fen up. And anyone who scared Alvar had an automatic mark against them in his book. He slid an arm easily around Alvar's shoulders, playing it off as a casual lean on his part, masking the comfort he was hoping to offer.

"Is something wrong?" he whispered, leaning his head down to Alvar's ear so it couldn't possibly be audible, his lips barely keeping an inch of distance.

_______

Interactions/Mentions: Meme Machine Meme Machine koala koala NIAMH NIAMH

Last edited:

Alvar Circe
Mood: Scared
Interactions: Wandering Seraph Wandering Seraph koala koala NIAMH NIAMH

The moment that Cassian wrapped his arm around Alvar, the Dryad seemed to hide in his soft, white wings. He was Scared. Not terrified, no. But the timid, white haired water Dryad definitely didn’t like this black winged ‘angels’ vibes. Alvar turned his eyes to Cassian, and nodded lightly to his question, murmuring a response.

“Yeah.... I’m good.” He hesitantly held out a hand for the black winged man to shake, while repeating in his mind, don’t judge a book by its cover, don’t judge a book by its cover. He stepped out just a little, and spoke nervously.

“Hello... my name is Alvar. Who are you?”

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:

• moon-sik choi

✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧ ---- ✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧ - ✧
    Moon-sik raised the device in his hand closer as the seconds ticked past, finger hovering over the button. The time slot was about to slip away and although he didn't really give a damn, he knew Calista must have been pulling out her hair by now. Already, there were whispers. His tense shoulders eased when the two stepped from behind the curtains, bowing at the applause they received.

The sound of footsteps behind him caught his attention. A familiar voice spoke. Blue eyes widening in recognition, Moon-sik held himself from turning back halfway through rigging the lights. His fingers tightened their grip on the desk, biting his bottom lip. It was a moment later that the words finally registered in his wired brain.

He hummed, finally shooting the other man a glance over his shoulder. “Back pocket.” He teased, smile growing as he turned his attention back to the women climbing above their heads. He allowed the spotlights to follow, eyes trained on their silhouetted forms. He was aware of the presence at his back. All too aware, in fact. Once the women had gotten in position, he flicked his fingers towards the light above him. He muttered under his breath, casting a spell that would keep them trained on the girls throughout the performance.

After he had finished his incantation, he turned.

Hands on his hips, Moon-sik gave the other a debonair smile. His gaze flickered over his face, his shoulders and down before settling on his eyes. “You should sleep.” His voice was quiet as he produced the lighter from his pullover sleeve. “Those bags under your eyes are worse than usual.” He winked as he neared, smile more teasing as he added, “You’re still the most handsome man I’ve ever seen… but that’s besides the point.”

code by @pasta

Cassian Croteau

Cassian's first thought was that Alvar most certainly was not good. He felt the Dryad shrink closer to him, all but hiding in the cream-white feathers of his wing. His next thought was why on earth would you dignify this andouille with a greeting? Cassian would never insult someone out loud without sufficient reason, but he often tossed French profanities around in his head with very little reason. He had nothing in particular against the newcomer, only a rising suspicion that he might be the type of creature to live for scaring others. Fine. Let him try. Cassian's flinch response was as good as gone. His years working for the organization his father had helped build had taken their toll. As long as the fallen angel kept away from Alvar, they had no bad blood. He elegantly removed his arm from Alvar's shoulders as the dryad took a tentative step forward. Cassian clasped his hands neatly in front of him and met the newcomer's eyes with calm courtesy.

_____

Interactions/Mentions: NIAMH NIAMH Meme Machine Meme Machine

Last edited:
iZZHLgN.jpg

lavender? that was a new one. he wasn't complaining though- lavender was a nice scent and plant. perhaps he was too quick to judge the fox; the teasing undertone of her words intriguing him. "much appreciated, candy." he coos before introducing himself. "my name is lucian. and yes, i did come here to watch you all perform. a shame i won't be in tonight's showing, though." the fallen angel explains with an exasperated sigh before his attention is trained on the little tulip who came over like a curious kitten. a glint of mischief flashed across his eyes when she approached, and his devilish smile grew.

delicate touches drift across the feathers on his back, which only fed lucian his undying credence. "an angel?" he repeats her words with a scoff, eyes lifting from the girl towards the angel she must've been talking about. cassian. perhaps that's why there was such a strange atmosphere when he first entered the area. "for you, little tulip, anything." he replies darkly. "and who might you be?" lucian asks the girl, resting a hand on the side of her cheek to drag her attention to his face.

awaiting her answer, his eyes flick up to look towards cassian, giving a wicked look towards the angel. he would have fun with him, he thinks to himself, before his eyes slowly drift towards the boy next to him. seems like you've found your fuel, lucian. the apostate tells himself, looking between the two before turning his full attention back to the prey flower in front of him.

rehema readies herself on the trapeze, giving a curt nod as the music started- that was their cue. the softness of the piano was enough to entrance the crowd as the duo began their act, causing a scene with their swings and small tricks. zoe stops on a pillar, hand waiting to grab rehema's whenshe swung by, allowing the partner to hook back onto her swing. midway in the show, the music began to pick up in tempo, which signaled rehema to have her turn with tricks now. a soft fog releases from below them, but not enough to blind anyones visions, creating a misty landing area.

the woman stands on top of the swing of hers, one arm wrapping around a handle while the other grabs for zoe's, allowing her to bring the partner onto her swing and twirl, rehema now in a crouching position and still having a good hold on zoe's arm to avoid dropping her during the spin. with a few more acts of turning and twisting, and flipping, the last spin consisted of both partners spiraling down in rhythm to the music before both reached the floor with a soft landing.

rehema doesn't know how they looked, but had a good feeling about it all once their act was done and the crowd roared with applause, about the same amount given to them as they had for alvar previously. she smiles, taking a hold of zoe's hand next to her and nodding in her direction. "very well done, zoe." she praises as they leave behind the curtains, the mist once there already disappearing from sight. rehema lets go of zoe's hand soon after, letting out a sigh of relief, and then getting a chill once the duo entered backstage. another new face- but this one doesn't seem very pleasant. she tells herself, her smile fading as her eyes look over the stranger.

she purses her lips, figuring it'd be something she has to worry about later. for now, she gives a small nod to zoe, signaling she was departing as the woman then made her way over to kamon. "you seem nervous." she comments lightheartedly, well aware he and candy would be up soon.
m2VWUlM.jpg

Pkqs9dw.jpg
codedbycrucialstar

• Alvar Circe
    Mood: Scared
    Interactions: Wandering Seraph Wandering Seraph NIAMH NIAMH koala koala

Alvar pulled his hand back, and if he wasn’t so shy, he might’ve slapped the black feathered.... thing.... right then and there for looking and touching Fenli the way he was. Sadly, Alvar didn’t have that much confidence. Or resolve. Strength, he had. He was an acrobat; it was part of the job description. Whatever anger he had doubled as he saw the look that this man was giving Cassian. He looked like a spoiled child who always got his way, in Alvar’s opinion. However, all that confidence and anger slipped away when Alvar saw the look he was being given.

He knows.

That was Alvar’s initial thought. The black winged person clearly saw right through his mask, and knew that Alvar was scared of him. He had a smirk, while Alvar felt himself go a little pale. He seemed like the type of person that would use his fear against him. Alvar took a step back, and felt Cassian’s wings brush against his back. Out of reflex, Alvar used his thumb to snag a piece of fabric on Cassian’s shirt.

Using his free hand to twirl the hair on the back of his neck, Alvar muttered things in Hawaiian.

“ʻOʻoe keʻano o ka pō, Hōʻike.” He murmured to himself, but not caring if anyone heard him. To his knowledge, no one knew Hawaiian here.

codedbycrucialstar

xaomin wei
• stagehand
mentions: Fae
interactions: mourning star mourning star

When Moon-sik turned around, the wave of familiarity that hit the dark-haired man was unavoidable. It was almost like Xaomin had never really left with how the younger stagehand presumed with his flirty antics. However, it really had been two weeks and while they both didn't age like normal humans, the two weeks had gone by achingly slow. It may have been the fact that he always hated going to China every year and keeping up the happy family charade for his sister. On the other hand, he might have actually missed Moon-sik deep down because he when he stepped forwards, he almost complied with the "back pocket" comment.

"And I was almost getting used to you not being around," Xaomin sighed as if disappointed, but he had a lazy smirk threatening to break free from the semi-stoic expression he'd put on, reaching for the spare cigarettes he kept hidden in his boots..

Standing next to his friend, he let out a deep sigh as he watched the performance. A moment of blissful silence passed before the other finally spoke, mentioning sleep and the bags under his eyes. It wasn't anything Xaomin already didn't know, however. With restraining the more animal-speaking part of being fae and keeping up the lies he'd been telling to his kid sister that last decade or so, it was beginning to take its toll. It wasn't like he wanted to restrain that side of him or lie either. It was the fact that he couldn't bare to see the look of despair on Fenli's face... the look of someone who'd completely given up on living.

"I will. Tonight." Replied the man shortly, turning his head and raising an eyebrow at the wink and being called handsome. Moon-sik was always being blatantly flirtatious, but each attempt was usually shot down. Xaomin was too tired that day though, so his next words came out without much thinking.

"Being handsome comes with being half fae. The human side.. not so much." He leaned down with the cigarette placed between his lips, allowing the flame from the lighter to illuminate both their faces as his last few words trailed off into silence. A second, one that was not explainable, passed as he stood up straight. Taking in one breath, the taste of tobacco painted his tongue before he let the smoke out slowly. "How've you been? I've noticed we have new members. Have you spoken with any of them?"

fenli wei
• animal tamer
mentions: --
interactions: Meme Machine Meme Machine , Wandering Seraph Wandering Seraph , NIAMH NIAMH

When Fenli first heard the man speak, a vision flashed across her eyes. There was someone in the forest and they were dancing. Their moves were fluid like water, yet occasionally something rough and fiery. It was calm yet aggressive, mesmerizing yet almost... sad and dark. She knew that she'd have to try the dance herself, it was the only way she could express her feelings without speaking or playing her flute.

Naturally pouting lips curled up slightly upon his response. She opened her lips to speak, ignoring the slightly warmth that had crept it's way up to her cheek. "Fenli. Fen for part and li for beautiful. My name means part of something beautiful, but I'm not sure what that me-" A tanned hand placed itself upon hers, lowering her hand from the raven feathers that she'd forgotten she was still feeling. "-oh."

Turning, she came face-to-face with Alvar and Cassian. She couldn't read their expressions well, but they didn't exactly appear happy. It was then that she barely, just barely heard the dryad say something in Hawaiian, the language he hardly ever speaks unless he's feeling a certain way--a bad way. There were some words she recognized and some she didn't. The fact that her Tongues ability wasn't as strong as her brother's always frustrated her. The only thing she knew exactly was that it was directed towards the supposed angel.

Fenli's doe-eyes looked upwards, meeting the much taller man's. She tilted her head slightly, curious and wondering what he'd make Alvar speak in his native tongue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back