Humor Ever have a freak accident? Freakish fears? Tell me about it!

chaepeumeon

Paul Dano's wife
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
OKAY! So, this may sound completely bogus, but is anyone else scared of getting struck by lightning?? I flip my SHIT during thunderstorms and I'm too old for that. Does anyone else fear that? Also, I know nobody will relate to this, I'm not technically afraid of the song, but it ultimately freaks me out every time it comes on. I can't stand the song "Mo Bamba" by Sheck Wes. Yes, I know, that's weird, but I can explain! I don't know why I think this, but upon hearing the song, I get goosebumps, I feel cold and warm, the song doesn't stop repeating in my head, and I get so uncomfortable! I honestly think it's demons trying to like-, I don't know! Communicate through music?! Share your freakish fears or freak accidents you've been through! It's okay, all for laughs. I won't judge.

One time I was working on a family vehicle with my dad and I wasn't wearing proper work clothes. First mistake. Second mistake is getting assigned the impact hammer to hold, and putting it on the bumper for a second instead of an actual table.

It slid off and hit my foot, and I could ignore it but when we got done it was so bad I couldn't move my toes right. Thankfully nothing broke but I still needed to sleep a day away to heal it smh.

Freakish fear? Mozzarella cheese. I couldn't tell you why, I'm just fuckin' terrified of it. Any other cheese? Completely fine with.

Freak accident? Not sure if this classifies as freak but definitely an accident. One time when I was seven, I was sitting on the chair in my living room, and was being a brat 'bout something I can't remember, but in my bratty fit, I threw my head back - next thing I know, blood is everywhere and I ended up needing a few stitches along my scalp.
Turns out, I had cracked my head open.

6th grade, some girl in my class thought it would be funny to forcefully wrap a ribbon (one of those that you'd find in the art room) around my neck and choke me with it. She claimed she saw it in some video game(Hitman probably) and wanted to test people if they could escape from it. Thankfully some people around us stopped her before any serious damage was done (and she got suspended) but I was pretty traumatized. After that, I would get freaked out if someone touched my neck, and even wearing tight necklaces would set it off. I'm a bit better about it now with necklaces but if anyone touches my neck for any reason, it usually sets off a panic attack.

Um... I have a crippling fear of watersides? Does that count as freakish? And yes, that includes the super safe kid friendly ones.

I totally get what you're saying about the song thing! I have the same thing with a song from the soundtrack of an anime I love. This is the song I'm talking about. Like, I know it's supposed to be creepy because the character is the biggest creep ever, but I have a physical reaction to this. I just get all sweaty, my heart starts beating faster, and I just go into this fight or flight mode. It's crazy. It was really hard to watch the episodes he was in haha.

Also, my fear is spiders. Not that uncommon, and depending on where you live a valid fear, but where I live spiders aren't dangerous. Yet I freak out if I see one. Once when I was a kid I got startled by a pretty big spider chilling on the ground, and the second I took a step back it just started running at me. It was traumatising.

Same with lightning, I DESPISE it. Though I'm never really afraid that it'll strike me, I've noted. No, I'm just straight up afraid of it, and I'm aware that I'm of the age I probably shouldn't be, as well.

Anything that's a loud noise and flashing light, it freaks me out. Lightning, fire alarms... It took me ages to climb over my fear of shooting a gun, because hello? Ground-shaking noise, big bright muzzle flash, and DANGER? Heck nah.

I went to the shooting range for my birthday last year, and finally got over my fear. It was nice. I've got the target up on my wall alongside my posters.

Another one - ants. I hate ants. I don't know when this started, I vividly remember a time where I WASN'T afraid of ants... But now I guess I am.

Individual ants are fine, but I cannot STAND those giant clusters you sometimes find outside. It gives me a PHYSICAL reaction. Chills, nausea, ugh.

Finally, worst of them all, needles.

I spent 120 days in the hospital back in 2018 where I got poked a lot. Needless to say, I don't think exposure therapy is going to do the trick. I hate it so darn much, I start shaking, flinching, crying, I have to close my eyes when there's someone on TV getting an injection.

I've noticed that even when the injection on TV isn't the central focus, if it's happening in the background while the characters talk, I'll find myself squirming and asking myself "why am I so uncomfortable??" until I notice.

That's about it!

Admittingly mine is pretty nonsensical but I'm still terrified of it... When I was a child I read The Hounds of Tindalos and to this day I am absolutely terrified of... corners. As in the corners of a room that walls make when they meet. Those corners.
In my house I have to have furniture in every corner. Public places don't freak me out as much really, it's my house I'm mostly concerned about.

Story time ~

Well, for stupid accidents -
It must have been when I was about... Seven or eight, maybe; my parents and I were on holiday somewhere in Switzerland (I think?) and there was this quarry where you could rent hammers and chisels to dig for actual fossils. So cool.
We all had a blast, all three of us being quite interested in paleontology.
My father was somewhere at the other side of the quarry, my mom a little more nearby and I was just making my way towards that big ass ammonite fossil-
And trip.
Enter the rock in front of me, chiseled and hammered into a blade comparable to a freakin'razor blade in all its savage sharpness.
So I fall with my hand right onto that rock and cut it open deep enough to make it look like the top of a bread roll.
Got a beautiful scar across my hand as a souvenir and problems with occasional pain in my hand.
Great day, great day...

Freakish fears...
Mirrors.
Holy crap am I scared of those things; however- not all of them. I don't know what defines the mirrors I am afraid of, they come in all sizes and shapes, and others are just perfectly fine.
Its a feeling like... Something being there, waiting, watching...
Guhhh I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

And- Lavender Town song. You guys remember the first Pokémon games for the Nintendo switch? The remakes of the first generation?. Yeah, there's also Lavender Town in there, of course.
I literally entered the town, heard the first few tones, turned around and left, closed the game, banned the game card into the depths of my shelf and never touched the game ever since.

Another one?
Vacuum cleaners.
You know how some cats run away as soon as you start vacuuming?
Yeah that's literally me.

Vacuum cleaners.
Same here. Loud noises + bright lights freak me out, but the bright lights are not necessarily needed. I really don't like vacuum cleaners, lucky enough to have a relatively quiet one.

Oh, oh! I'll bite! I love questions like this ^7^

For fears? I have a fear of stairs, but only going down them. Up? No problem, but I get so nervous and scared whenever I'm walking downward, ESPECIALLY when holding things. Don't even get me started on walking downstairs bACKWARDS HOLY GHOST
Ladders, nada, nope, hate them. I can't breathe and I have to go incredibly slowly, both up and down. For both these fears, I'm pretty sure they come from my fear of heights and falling off said height. Also, that umbrella scene in Another. HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
I used to be scared of lamps/changing lightbulbs for a number of years, but I've thankfully gotten over that!
Another fear... Definitely crocodiles/alligators and jellyfish... I see any of them, I instantly scream or leave the area. There's something about the lack of emotion, the unforgivingness of both creatures.... It sends shivers up my back.

A freak accident... Hmm... Well, not so much freak, but when I was little, I used to adore this one puzzle that my parents would put up on top of a cabinet/the fridge (can't remember which). Usually, they'd get it for me, but that day I was impatient and as I had retrieved it once before myself, I decided to do it again. To get to it, I had to climb up a cupboard (I used a chair to help me with that), stand on the microwave and stand on my tiptoes to grab it. As the microwave had a plastic outside, I ended up slipping and falling backwards, whacking my head off the ground extremely hard. I immediately started crying, then the throwing up happened. I threw up constantly every few minutes, and I remember it was so bad that my parents rushed me to a hospital. I got an x-ray done but what the results were I can't remember, though seeing as I was released with a sticker that same day, it clearly wasn't that serious. Still, I can remember the terror I felt that day and the constant throwing up into a basin as we drove

Definitely crocodiles/alligators and jellyfish... There's something about the lack of emotion, the unforgivingness of both creatures
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back