• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Ever After All [OPEN]

Update since quite a few people have expressed interest already.

I'm thinking I'd like to limit this to 4 or 5 people. If more characters than that get submitted, I will accept characters based on my own biases and who I think would make for an interesting cast. It will not be first-come. That said, the sooner I can start looking at your character, the more time I'll have to work with you to flesh out their details and any secret info they might need.

I'd like to get character and lore work mostly done by Monday, so the RP can potentially start early next week.

Update since quite a few people have expressed interest already.

I'm thinking I'd like to limit this to 4 or 5 people. If more characters than that get submitted, I will accept characters based on my own biases and who I think would make for an interesting cast. It will not be first-come. That said, the sooner I can start looking at your character, the more time I'll have to work with you to flesh out their details and any secret info they might need.

I'd like to get character and lore work mostly done by Monday, so the RP can potentially start early next week.
In that case I shall bow out. Perhaps another time!

Anyone who still wants to get a CS in or needs to finish up what they've started, please send that my way in the next few days. I'll stop looking at new CS after Tues to focus on the ones that are in and just need some polishing.

Some General Knowledge info:
  • The world's name is Rhune
  • There are two main continents
    • The Northern continent is Fel, or the Fel Land, and is the original home of all the races
    • The Southern continent is Val, which was not originally known of
  • A disaster in the past forced the intelligent races to leave the old continent for Val
  • The broad term for non-Player intelligent races of Rhune is Enpesi, which they adapted from NPC
  • Val, Vallinar, and Vallingard are all named after the human Player that discovered the new continent and led the exodus to it across the North Bridge
  • The disaster of Fel split the trust between the races, and when they came to Val they each carved out their own piece of the land
    • Humans took the Eastern lowlands
    • Elves took the Western highlands
    • Dwarves went even further West, but not much knowledge of them makes it this far East, especially since the Players vanished
  • The "nation" inhabited by humans is Vallinar
  • Vallinar used to be a proper Kingdom but broke apart in the aftermath of a war
  • Despite not being a unified kingdom, Vallinar still has a royal family
    • The royal family is direct descendents of Vallinar, the original human Player that led the exodus
    • The current King's name is Valtrain Vallinar, the queen Ablidol
    • The eldest prince is Valwyn, the younger prince is Valsin, and the youngest princess is Valkyrie
  • Vallingard is the main city and where the royal family lives
  • There is a large crater in Southern Vallinar where nothing lives called the Blight
  • Vallinar has experienced many wars since its founding
    • A creature from Hell brought down the mighty walls that had surrounded Vallinar before it was sealed away
    • And then before the wall could be rebuilt, a witch raised an army of undead to march across Vallinar, wiping out many of the towns and cities before finally being driven back after reaching the gates of Vallingard
      • Undead still roam the site of much of this battle, the Fields of Ruin, to this day
  • The old castles outside of Vallingard are abandoned for a reason
  • The town of Haven was where Players first arrived after Fel was abandoned and Firstholm was no longer accessible
  • Elves are pricks
  • Undead are pricks, but relatively easy to deal with
  • Every monster is a prick
  • There are a lot of monsters waiting just outside the Old Holds
  • There are slightly less monsters just inside the Old Holds
  • There are no monsters in the Blight, but no person would go there either
  • There are two minerals with magical properties: Moonstone and Blackstone
    • Moonstone can absorb, store, and release magical energy
    • Blackstone negates and destroys magic
    • Both are incredibly rare and unimaginably expensive, especially considering how much of it vanished along with the Players in their inventories
    • The only place one might have glimpsed Blackstone is the massive obelisk of the stuff standing in the Blight, which has resisted centuries of attempts to move or break
  • With the exception of the sealed Hell creature, Vallinar has a notably small number of beings one could call a god
  • This has led to the rise of a Player-focused religion
    • The being called Admin is the ultimate power
    • Beings called Devs carry out the Admin's changes across the world, usually unseen
    • Players are lesser gods that are free to do what they want, but still subservient to the will of the Admin
    • Vallinar is a Jesus/messiah figure that saved humans (and elves and dwarves, but mainly humans) from extrinction
    • All of these (Admin/Devs/Players) are gods from another world that were called away to save yet another world
    • Despite being gone, the Players can still see into the world of Rhune and may one day return, so the Enpesi must stay ready for that day
  • Other more heathenish beliefs include praying to the Hell creature (it's name is taboo to speak or write), the Mad Witch (which is basically the local catch-all boogyman), the Black Obelisk (for when you're really far gone), or the Starry Lady (which is an odd inclusion on this list, but isn't popular to worship openly due to her long history of keeping humans out of the otherwise accessible Northern highlands, which has racked up a considerable amount of ill-will over the centuries)

Due to drops, I have at least one more opening. If you're still interested please shoot me a PM.

The RP is live!
IC
OOC

If you've already PMed me a character I either have already or will right now tell you you're good to get posting. If you're still interested in joining and haven't PMed me a character, do that. We've got openings again, so I'd love to have you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back