• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Eternity Beckons - OOC

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Huh, I like that.
Its hard to spread out my points right, I don't know if I'll have many specializations yet.

You don't need many. I think the most I see at the start of a game are three or four.
And I may give some extra XP to help fill any gaps in the character concept to sheet correlations.

Hopefully my sheet makes sense, just updated it a little as I forgot some stuff. Aside from not being sure I calculated some right.

I'Il go over everyone's numbers either tonight, or on Monday when I have a day off.

I've been thinking about what powers Alaric could have with his Underworld Aberrant Sorcery. Between Deadweaving and Necromancy, it's hard to make something completely unique within the same themes though. I've thought of aura reading, snatching memories from the dead, Underworld fast travel... But they all seem possible by one and/or the other. Maybe a frankenstein between the two could work?
Suggestions on this are more than welcome. ^^

Edit: After some more research/brainstorming around, I found these abilities to be possibly interesting.
- Hear whispers of the dead/spirits in the area (One way communication). They might offer useful, if cryptic, information or just contribute to his derangement.
- Disrupt enemies' souls in some fashion. Maybe instilling negative feelings of anxiety/dread or outright drive them to madness.
- Force the soul out of somebody, rendering their physical body inert in the process.
- Sense nearby death (Either recent or the moment someone dies).
- Employ necromantic energy to wither living muscle and flesh.

Last edited:
He was a mercenary, so another possible idea to throw on the pile that I have always thought was cool but rarely used:
Pulling the ghost of a murder weapon from the World Without Sun, just long enough to fight with it. Clenches fist, swings arm, and a spectral sword forms in his grip to land a blow.
Hearing the dead could also have some very fun effects on the times you'll be exploring ancient ruins. And may allow me to drop hints if you ever seem really stuck.

He was a mercenary, so another possible idea to throw on the pile that I have always thought was cool but rarely used:
Pulling the ghost of a murder weapon from the World Without Sun, just long enough to fight with it. Clenches fist, swings arm, and a spectral sword forms in his grip to land a blow.

Oh I like it! Adding a martial ability to the mix is fitting for him.

"thats cool. im a teenager, wich is confirmed the worst time to be alive. though... technically... i think I'm dead?"

Contrary to popular belief, life expectancy for medieval nobles in particular could be quite long. Murders Georg, who lives in a cave and eats 10 people a year was an outlier adn should not have been counted.

And access to plenty of small beer. And in this case, priest-cum-doctors who almost grasp something approximating germ theory because someone found an ancient medical text.
I mean, sure, they think germs are tiny demons and you need holy soap but it's a pretty good start.

Alrighty, had a look over numbers and everything seems okay. I left a typo in the creation guide which I've corrected (Attributes cap at 4, but you add Vampiric bonuses on top of that).
I'll check further tomorrow, probably make some suggestions for cool stuff to put in Advantages, and likely get the thread up or ask a few more details about how we'll get each of you started.

Maybe Aithne and Alaric could pair up Xenobiology Xenobiology ? Since we're the ones not already under Alistair's wing and both in the frontier. Could be cool ^^

Alaric is completely clueless on this new vampire thing so he'll latch onto the first one he sees like glue.

I think Aithne's progenitor might briefly take Alaric in before sending you both west to join the others. Most Vampires don't know what to do with Aberrations but Alistairs allies would see Alaric as valuable to his research.

One thing to wonder about is - who is the necromancer that raised him, and where have they gone?

Yup, definitely. Should I think of something or is it cooler to leave the mystery?
Maybe Alaric was only able to catch some glimpses of this person...

Up to you! Whatever you prefe; I have no shortage of NPCs waiting in the wings I can turn into plot hooks. I will always try to find ways to support whatever you all want to do.

Alright! I'll leave it unknown so you can have a mystery NPC to use however you want in your evil GM plans 😄

Sorry for the delay, I got sick on Saturday and work's been a pain.
I'm plotting out a first post; may start some of you out in the Frontier in a kind of tutorial and then bring you all together after a few posts or short intro arc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back