• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Eternity Beckons - OOC

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Rather than suggest anyone needs to read the whole rulebook, here are some helpful points.

1. If you want, focus on your character's backstory etc. and ask me to fill in the mechanical stuff.
2. Start by creating the character as they were before becoming a vampire.

And to spare anyone reading the whole book, here are the locations and cultures you could come from so you can pick specific chapters:

Note: Uthar and Aberrations can pop up basically anywhere.

5. Kelen; peasants, nobility, apostates on the run and worshippers of lost gods,, visitors from other lands. Loxite and Ithim.
6. Hrothgar; Urban poor, city nobles, engineer secret society members, nomadic warriors, hardscrabble rural farmers. Gorite and Yaundae.
8. The Fronter; settlers, hunters, exiles, treasure seekers, mercenaries. Any, but the fact Necromancers would hide out here ups the odds of an Aberrant.
9 The Sky-Eating Sea islands; pirates, Outcaste, colonists. Yaundae or at a stretch Wahran.
9. The Wildlands; nomads, Outcaste, thralls to the Scaled Masters. Wahran, maybe Yaundae.

There are other places but we can talk about those if you have a related idea.

Oh, Crocodile, I was planning to have a Loxite NPC drag the party together, so if you've any interest in being the progeny of an established Loxite nobleman with friends in high places and a love of archaeology let me know.

Im thinking.... second daughter of a knight for house Maerlyn. I'm considering having her joining the "Lesbian Knight Club"

I support this. The vampire posing as a nobleman who will bring you all together is a Maerlyn vassal.
Any idea which Clan they'll be inducted into?

The Aberrations intrigue me. I'm curious to know more about them overall.
From what I understand they're not embraced/turned in the traditional way. Is it because of this they are not considered "proper" vampires? Or is it because their powers can't match the clans' levels? How deranged are they?

The Aberrations intrigue me. I'm curious to know more about them overall.
From what I understand they're not embraced/turned in the traditional way. Is it because of this they are not considered "proper" vampires? Or is it because their powers can't match the clans' levels? How deranged are they?

Aberrations are created when a Necromancer attempts resurrection; when they place the soul back into the corpse and animate, the result is an Aberration.
For this reason they're not considered real Vampires and often reviled by the Clans.
How deranged is up to you, really. Maybe they've got a not-entirely delusional case of Cotard's Syndrome. Maybe they've spent some time feral and sometimes struggle to rein in animal instincts. Maybe they spent so long dead before being brought back that they have flashbacks to a life they no longer remember.
Maybe they even seem to recall memories which are not their own. Or memories of Underworld.

Any idea which Clan they'll be inducted into?
nope!

im thinking about playing a... party face? does that make sense? not sure quite how to describe it...

or, alternate thing, inquisition member who has an existential crisis upon being turned. i dunno.

m thinking about playing a... party face? does that make sense? not sure quite how to describe it...

That makes sense! Classic parlance.
Good clans for being a Face include Loxite, Yaundae, and Wahran. Arguably Uthar, in a way.
If you want, you can come up with your mortal character, and I'll offer suggestions for who would Embrace them and how/when?

alright! :D

Im thinking.... Loxite.
I'll get to work on a charictar.

Last edited:
Aberrations are created when a Necromancer attempts resurrection; when they place the soul back into the corpse and animate, the result is an Aberration.
For this reason they're not considered real Vampires and often reviled by the Clans.
How deranged is up to you, really. Maybe they've got a not-entirely delusional case of Cotard's Syndrome. Maybe they've spent some time feral and sometimes struggle to rein in animal instincts. Maybe they spent so long dead before being brought back that they have flashbacks to a life they no longer remember.
Maybe they even seem to recall memories which are not their own. Or memories of Underworld.
Ooh I do like the Underworld idea. A former skeptical mercenary from the Frontier now plagued by visions of what he deemed to be hell came to my mind. I imagine he would desesperately cling to faith upon being revived. Both as a way to cope and to prevent himself from being brought there again, despite him being unholy by his very nature.
Most likely a brawny character.

Oh, Crocodile, I was planning to have a Loxite NPC drag the party together, so if you've any interest in being the progeny of an established Loxite nobleman with friends in high places and a love of archaeology let me know.

I would be up for that. I was wanting to delve pretty deep into Caroforma and be the party's minion master. I figure that's useful for archaeology needing manpower.

Probably a lesser noble or trained middle class like a doctor or labor boss.

Last edited:
Aberrations lend themselves to brawn, and perhaps his unique Sorcery could reflect his link to the Underworld.
In fact, the Magic chapter of the rulebook explores the nature of the World Without Sun a bit, and I dug this out of my files today: Love, With Its Back Turned (format is probably quite ugly until I have a bit of time to clean it up and probably adjust some wording).

Aberrations lend themselves to brawn, and perhaps his unique Sorcery could reflect his link to the Underworld.
In fact, the Magic chapter of the rulebook explores the nature of the World Without Sun a bit, and I dug this out of my files today: Love, With Its Back Turned (format is probably quite ugly until I have a bit of time to clean it up and probably adjust some wording).
Sounds interesting!
I enjoyed the little read, Guillaume quickly grew on me. I'll check out the chapter to get a sense of how his visions might look.

Probably a lesser noble or trained middle class like a doctor or labor boss.

Nice, all workable but of the non-nobles doctor is a good choice, especially if they originally came from Hrothgard since most doctors in Kelen are priests.
The sire, if you'd want it (and maybe Patrias would too) is Count Alastair Kain, a vassal of Maerlyn, who fakes his own death and changes his appearance every few decades to continue pretending to be his own descendant sons. Benevolent to his incredibly safe serfs, despite the unusually common wolves in his county. Noted scholar, unambitious, known at court for being polite but witty when he isn't making excuses to avoid events.

Sounds interesting!
I enjoyed the little read, Guillaume quickly grew on me. I'll check out the chapter to get a sense of how his visions might look.

Thank you! Therese's vision of the burning city is one example of an Underworld Haunt.
This underrated and forgotten gem of a game provides a lot of my aesthetic inspiration for the World Without Sun

Im thinking of playing Third Daughter of the du Wetts, i get if that too high ranking... but the whole "you wanted to marry me off, to be some polite little lapdog... but I'm not your /bitch/, not some pretty little fluffy thing. i am UNTAMABLE" vibes.... their mascot is a dog, after all

crest, not mascot. I'm... so... tired...

Last edited:
Rune Loptrson
Loxite Doctor/Scholar

Rune was the son of Loptr Ivarson, a notorious mercenary and raider of ruins. Loptr supported his son's education as he felt knowledge was far more valuable when it came to knowing the world before rather than his own brute force methods that has cost him a number of friends in that line of work. Rune worked to expand his knowledge base but also started to focus on the study of medicine as he found the functions of the human body fascinating.

Kelen became his new home when Rune accepted contract to be a doctor to the household of a lesser noble. It was a boring job but it allowed Rune to travel and see Kelen. It was a bit stranger but then again his homeland and Kelen have continued to be on good terms. It was when he received the curious offer of a new contract from Count Alistair Kain that changed his life. Rune found his broad knowledge sought rather than dismissed. Oddly he seemed to be used more to tend to servants rather than the Count. Rune started to investigate discreetly only to find out the shocking truth and consequences of being too curious for his own good.

The price for his discovery was to be rewarded with being turned into a vampire. Rune is now trapped in the same situation as the Count, though he has elected to embrace his condition. He finds his strange new powers alluring, including his desire to experiment and improve on the human frame. Since turning, he has begun to develop an interest in gathering agents to himself to improve and do work for him. He does relish the fact the Count has an interest in the past and is wiling to pursue work with him in that area. His new penchant for minions is only being fed as he feels the need for loyal workers in such a dangerous field. Ruins are never that safe for what is within or for those seeking them.

Last edited:
Still reading up on the document, but I'm thinking of a character concept of a nearly-killed magi with a hobby in invention? Perhaps with a hot-tempered wish for revenge... If it's alright to play a magi, of course! ^^ And of course I'm torn between Gorite & Ithim. Both seem really interesting and its hard to pick between the two!

Still reading up on the document, but I'm thinking of a character concept of a nearly-killed magi with a hobby in invention? Perhaps with a hot-tempered wish for revenge... If it's alright to play a magi, of course! ^^ And of course I'm torn between Gorite & Ithim. Both seem really interesting and its hard to pick between the two!

Take your time! Your character could have been a Magus in life, but the process of being turned into a Vampire will sever the Magic from a soul.

Alaric Rolfe
Aberration Mercenary

Alaric was born a peasant in one of Kelen’s many villages. As a young boy to early adulthood, he helped manage his father’s inn alongside his older sister. Despite his best attempts, he never had his father’s charisma when dealing with customers, nor his sisters’ dissuading skills in the brink of a bar fight. His talent resided in starting fights, often with witty remarks he could never resist keeping to himself. Luckily, he was good at finishing them too.

Looking back, he would shake his head in embarrassment. But it was during that time he decided to take up this calling and seek out his fortune as a mercenary. He was taught basic swordsmanship and the bare minimum of other skills necessary for one to handle themselves well in combat. With his training completed, he made his way towards the frontier alongside his fellow aspirant mercenary Leofric and his newfound company, off to gamble their lives for the promise of good coin.

And coin they found indeed, under the service of whoever offered most of it. But it did not come without its promised risks - Life in the frontier was rough and full of dangers beyond armed men. Dangers whose nature befuddled Alaric. Yet either by sheer luck or skill, he managed to survive his initial years. He watched many die. Either by his sword or other’s, by disease or infection or by whatever monsters that lurked in the woods. As a result, he buried what he could retrieve of many of his own. And on a fateful day, he buried Leofric too.

His own time came not long after, on an expedition to ruins of a city whose name escaped him. At this point he could almost consider himself an experienced mercenary, but nothing in his experience so far could prepare him for the threats that awaited him.
Alaric's memories of that night’s events are fuzzy at best, non-existent at worst. Perhaps a trick of the mind to shield him from the psychological damage that whatever he faced would cause.

He had heard tales of the living dead from the frontiersfolk, and that was the rational explanation his mind latched onto upon waking up. That and the visions that plagued him ever since. Alaric now seeks to fully understand the nature of his condition and has been actively searching for others that share it. All while maintaining a mask of normalcy as the only survivor from the expedition.

Good job with the sheet, JarOfPickles JarOfPickles - I'll double-check the numbers today but you seem to have picked it up quickly and clearly. I will note it's very unusual for someone to completely skip mental skills so it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

Good job with the sheet, JarOfPickles JarOfPickles - I'll double-check the numbers today but you seem to have picked it up quickly and clearly. I will note it's very unusual for someone to completely skip mental skills so it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

Thank you! I'm curious as well ahaha. I might still jumble things around and put at least one point in some of them. I purposedly skipped Academics, thought it could be fun to roleplay an illiterate character.

That is certainly appropriate and makes a nice change. You can edit your backstory into the post too to keep everything in one place.
Vampires can't buy more Attributes normally but they do accumulate Skills so you'll have plenty of opportunity across the decades in-game for the party benefactor to get frustrated and make another player character teach him to read.
I think that could make some very fun downtime vignettes depending on the characters' relationships.

Ahaha definitely. I feel sorry for whatever poor soul will be sacrificed to teach the Intelect 1 man to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back