• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Eternally Searching (New Ideas Added)

Yhmera

Lok'Tar
864689845e11f142f036d131e396acc9.jpg

Welcome one and all I'm Yhmera. I'm looking for one or two people to pass the time with me. Below you will find tabs that include information centered around me, my guidelines, and personal interests, and a few ideas. If you find that we would possibly be a good fit as partners, please message me with a general idea of what you might be interested in plot-wise. If you have any ideas you've been itching to share, I am more than willing to listen to them or we can maybe figure something out together. Do not be afraid to ask questions.

• I'm over 21. I would prefer that your at least over 18.
    • Will play MxF (I would prefer female) or MxM. No FXF please.
    • Can, will, and have played doubles.
    • Will not write one-liners. My norm is 2+ paragraphs, depending on what I have to work with.
    • HUMOR. I LOVE a good bit of humor. Not so much that it overtakes the RP. But a nice witty comment here or there is fun ^_^
    • I like OOC chatter. So Expect a good amount of side conversation. Makes it more fun and keeps everyone on the same page.
    • Won't simply drop. I'll always give a warning.
    • I'm a full-time RN and about to become a NP. I do this for stress relief and get randomly busy thanks to covid.

Last edited:
Writing Sample

There are many things one could call Rain. Happy, eccentric, forgetful, or space case. But the name Rain didn't seem to do that personality justice. She lived in a corner loft over a bar that her hippy parents owned. And she spent most of her time at her little art stand in one of the busier shopping areas in town. Selling paintings and pottery that she would make the day before. That was when she wasn't in class.

Rain was working hard to become the next local sensation and took as many art classes as she could. Even if she couldn't always remember when they started. Or when a project was due. But at least she was giving college life a solid try. The sun just started to crest the sky when Rain came walking out with a bag in one hand and an easel in the other. She was halfway down the stairs when she realized she had forgotten her paintbrushes. Quickly she dropped everything off at her little beetle bug car then headed back up. She was on her way out again when she realized she had left her keys. Rain made a total of 5 additional trips to her loft before finally heading out.

She dawned a dark purple sundress that flowed gently around her. A mismatched bright orange cardigan covered her shoulders and arms. Bits of paint or even smudges were she absentmindedly wiped her hands covered her clothes. Giving it a very abstract look that matched her tie-dyed hair. Amethysts eyes peering over her lightly tinted sunglasses as she worked to get ready for school.

Once again Rain was late for class and ended up with a spot in the back. Not that she minded. It meant she was close to the window and could feel the warm rays of the morning light flooding in on her. Being in the back normally meant she wouldn't hear a thing. However, over the past month things have started to change a little. Before Rain could only hear of she had her cochlear device on. But now, she was starting to pick up some sounds without them. It had become a game to see how much she could hear now. So being in the back often gave her a chance to test her suddenly improving hearing. She just wished it improved enough to hear without them. Whether it was a selfish wish or not, it was one she couldn't help but to make.

Like always, the window offered its blessings but also offered its distractions. Instead of doing the coal drawing of today's model, Rain would glance out the window and focus on the man sitting against the building on the other side of the street. His clothes dirty and hair matted with a few days of hair growth on his face. A bag on one side of him and blankets in a push basket on the other. Held tightly in his hands was a brown sack with a bottle of some sort in it. She could only assume alcohol of some type. Before she realized it, the class was over and all she had to turn in was the coal drawing of what appeared to be a homeless man. Not the model she should have focused on.

After turning in her work, Rain headed out and went to the cafeteria. The smell of turpentine and patchouli clung to her skin. Upon entering she made sure her device was turned off first. Even before the change in her hearing started, the cafe was just too noisy to have it on. Rain bought a few lunches, using her phone to text and help communicate what she wanted. Once everything was bought, she headed out to where she saw the man. As she thought, around the corner were two more people. Walking over, she gave them the meals with the carefree smile she always had. With no reply as they tried to thank her. Just a smile. Turning on her toes, she started back into the college once more.

Last edited:
Writing Sample 2

Rolling over Megir pulled the blankets up over her head. Yes, it was mid-day and the sun was shining. A sprinkling of clouds would occasionally blotch out the sun or send shadows running across the ground. It came down to the fact she simply wasn't ready to get out of bed. But there was so much noise. The yelling and fighting and betting on who will be the one to kill the beast. Mugs banging against tavern tables and men calling out to the ladies to be served. The smell of warm stew, mead, and bread slowly drifting up from the lower floors. How could anyone possibly sleep with all of that?

The way she saw things, Megir had two options. To walk downstairs like a civilized person in deal with what was sure to follow. Or jump out the window. Yep, window it was. Once she was dressed, she walked to the window and pushed open the shutters. Carefully Megir crawled up onto the window ledge and let out a low whistle.

Upon her call a giant boar made it's way out of the tree line. The bridled beast let out a snort. "I am not. Besides this wasn't my idea." The boar snorted again and moved closer. "Don't take that tone with me." She snapped. "Now don't move, I'm coming down." With that she jumped. Bouncing off her mount and landing on the ground. "See, wasn't that bad.

The boar turned and looked at the woman. She paled three full shades of green. "What do you mean I left it?" Reaching around, Megir realized her bow was left in the room. Letting out a disgruntled snort she started for the door. Pausing when some loud mouth started screaming.

"ORC, We're under attack!"​

Really? REALLY? She looked to her mount then to the door. "Can't I just get another bow?" The boar looked to the door and back to her. "FINE... but I don't want to go." The half orc wined. Already a few of the men were coming out to see what the commotion was about. Unfortunately for Megir, she looked more orc than human. Which often led to trouble in most towns at some point. At least she got a real bed for the night. "Get out of here orc." One of the men ordered, pulling his sword. "We don't want your kind here." Said another. Megir simply chuckled as she held up her hands. "Please gentlemen, can't we talk about this like the civilized creatures you claim to be?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back