Esprit Academy

Ophelia

Kumi smiled as Ophelia got closer and closer to him until she eventually landed. 

"I would love to have your company Ophelia... And don't be sorry. You must be quite the force in a battle." he said pouring her a cup of tea. Kumi never left home without his tea set or snacks. who knew if the need for tea would ever arise?

He smiled at her impressed how her SE had manifested. People called Ophelia a monster but looking into her mind revealed a gentle soul. who are the real monsters?

Annoyed at the onlooking students, Kumi used his powers to drive them away with a glazed, almost dreamy look in their eyes.

"My name is Kumi."  he said bringing out some cookies "Help yourself dear now that our onlookers are gone"

@Kiroshiven

Ophelia was in shock that this person didn't really seem afraid of her. Of course, this boy had already entered her mind and spoke to her. Maybe he'd already looked into what kind of person she was? These thoughts inevitably left as quickly as they came. She couldn't be suspecting someone that she just met, especially when they were being so nice to her. "Thank you." She spoke softly as she grabbed a cookie and began to nibble on it. Sweets weren't exactly her thing, unlike meat. Steak, Chicken, pork, deer, sheep, if it was meat she could eat it forever. The scientists had said something about her SE changing her taste buds and appetite to best support her from, but as far as Ophelia could remember, she was always this way.

"I haven't really been in a fight yet outside of the monsters in the wild. But the staff said very much the same as you. My physical strength is on par with some of the larger monsters and my scales match some of the armors that you adepts wear into battle." Ophelia spoke as if she weren't an adept herself, because she didn't really feel like one. "Add in the fact that my body heals at nearly fifteen times the rate of a normal human and I suppose you do get one powerful ally." Ophelia was a bit disheartened as she recalled each of her current abilities. The staff seemed to believe that there were more hidden away somewhere, and that she'd become an even more powerful force as she trained. Ophelia wasn't exactly thrilled to have such knowledge. It was hard enough fitting in now, but if her monstrous side had MORE power? She'd never be accepted within this school.

Sis 

~~~

46Z1Xws.jpg

Sis was astounded by this person's continuous interest. He didn't understand the situation with her, so it made sense in that regard. What didn't make sense, was her lack of interest. Why he didn't understand that, and get the picture. Shaking her head, she stated simply. "You don't understand."

With a sigh, and a whisper, she alerted him, "There's nothing you want from me. Go away."

@las0r0o7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inkt "Death Angel"

~~~

asPULBH.jpg

(ignore her right eye, and imagine an eye patch over it)

The short girl, standing next to the taller student, blinked a single useful eye up to him. A snicker crossed her lips, and she shook her head lightly. Hands ran alongside the sheathed blade up on the counter top. In a calm manner, with a soft voice, she spoke, repeating the boy's words, "Expect to look 'Angel of Deathy'? What even... Heh. How would someone appear 'Angel of Deathy'?"

Her question was soft-spoken, and with meaning. She did not want to look like such a nuisance title. It had been a huge problem when she had arrived at Esprit years ago. That title was spawned from pain and misery. To her, she thought she did resemble an 'angel' of sorts, but she did not want to be associated with 'death', at all. Especially, to fellow students, such as he. "You did not expect me here?" Well, he didn't know her, so maybe that was okay.

"I love weaponry -swords in specific. Katanas even more specifically," she elaborated, for why she was in there. In fact, she often went there to spruce up her weapon, working on it delicately. Even as she spoke her words, she gently stroked her sheathed blade; eye fondly looking down at it. "I guess we just don't see each other in here."

He announced who he was, causing her to look back up at him. "Nice to meet you, Kenshin," she spoke formally, voice gentle. "A Second Year, huh? Well, it is still lovely to talk with you." Inkt was not one to separate herself like other 'senior' students. They were all on equal playing field here, as far as she was concerned. Technically, she had been held back a year, meaning she should've been Fourth Year. So, she knew a thing or two about being humbled in the student-hierarchy. "Psychosomatic attacks?" she inquired delicately. "I... I didn't mean to hurt anyone..."

Looking down, instantly, Inkt began to feel sorry for those she had injured. Pity and sympathy flooding her emotions.

[SIZE= 16px]@Raikou Kaminari[/SIZE]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Wylla Isla*

~~~

Wylla watched and listened as Mumei began to do her dumb thing, pretending to not know where the Infirmary was. Or perhaps, she actually didn't know. That was a possibilty, actually, since the girl was new to the Academy, and only a First Year. Wylla herself had made sure to know all useful rooms and utilities, but she doubted all students were as proper as she was. There were bound to even be Second Years with sparse knowledge of their school.

Nodding once, seeing the girl finally run away, heading towards what Wylla assumed, was the Infirmary, the blonde continued to support the boy at her side. The First Year was not heavy, or hard to maintain, but if he fought her any of the way, she'd definitely struggle a bit.

It took only a short couple minutes, before spotting a nurse walking down the hall towards them, her white nurse-uniform heels alerting the 'elf' girl to her presence long before she got within appropriate sight distance.

@Idea @Arty

Mira Sarthi

"I think... you just like to act. Act like an airhead, act like a jerk, pretend everything is okay. Harass me, fine, I can take it. Trust me, not as bad as what I've dealt with. And if you think these," she indicates her bag, yanking it from the ground, shoving the bag into his arms with a solid thump, "Are here for me to hurt you, you have misjudged me. Those are for my protection and that is it. You are not worth getting kicked out of the only place I have ever felt safe. Who do you think you are anyways?" She huffs, he's obviously hit a trigger. No matter how much she may think about it, she wasn't a monster like her parents had called her. She wouldn't attack someone just for a few words. That isn't who she was.. even if the guy was a jerk. Mira was clearly mad, and him getting to her was almost worse than what he's said. 

Aleister Doyle

View attachment 210459

"I like to act?" He asked in a rather bored tone, clearly not impressed by her conclusion. "Truth being said, the only thing i like is causing amusing situations, situations that could possibly make me feel less bored from all this bullshit." He explained in the same nonchalant tone as before, apparently starting to lose his interest for the conversation as the grin that he previously demonstrated slowly faded away from his face. "In fact, I would normally consider this little outburst quite the amusing reaction, if I didn't feel some similarity between us, of course." He continued, his hand moving to fix his disheveled hair, once more giving a clear view of the eyelids of his left eye, that was maintained closed during the whole time. "Unfortunately for me, it seems that you're not even near the level I expected. Getting affected by a couple of words? How lame." He announced in an overly accentuated disappointment tone, as if the actions of the girl were the same as betraying his expectations.

"Well... That's already enough for me. I'm leaving before someone bothers me with a convocation to watch some useless class." He announced without even giving the girl an opportunity of giving a retort to his haughty behaviour, proceeding to walk away from the area with his hands deeply inside his pockets. "Oh, there's one more thing... You wouldn't get kicked from the school if you really attacked me. You would be dead." He turned his head back before proceeding just to announce this, using the instant before turning back to direct the same roguish grin as before to the girl.

Kumi nodded slowly listening to her explination and smiled softly at the poor girl. 

"'You adepts?' No Ophelia, 'we adepts' is the correct term." he chided softly, "If you are going to attend this academy then you are an Adept."

The girl was clearly in the dumps and it was clear to Kumi why. Kumi wasn't a malicious person but in his head, he thought he could turn her into an ally. A physical attacker would greatly benefit him as he was vulnerable during close combat.

Pouring himself another cup of tea, he sipped it slowly; careful not to burn his tounge. 

"If you become stronger, then embrace it... Your powers are what makes you... you." He entered Ophelia's mind and created a fake image of the both of them battling monsters and winning while he showed another image of the bullies being beaten, "Don't let others distract you... Besides, I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends"

@Kiroshiven

Sis was astounded by this person's continuous interest. He didn't understand the situation with her, so it made sense in that regard. What didn't make sense, was her lack of interest. Why he didn't understand that, and get the picture. Shaking her head, she stated simply. "You don't understand."

With a sigh, and a whisper, she alerted him, "There's nothing you want from me. Go away."

"what don't i understand, I'm pretty good at that, at least you could give me a reason, by now any normal person would've just either walked off or given me a reason, I'm sure you have your reasons, just give me one good one and I won't bother you" He had a bit of a smile on his face as he was saying that, if he could find something out it would be a win, after all he didn't want to have gone through all this and not find something out "Nothing I want. ha, I want to know what goes through that little head of yours, after all it is something I like to find out with people, granted if I had to guess I would say there is more than one person in that head of yous, I mean, if you sit and think about it for a second it's pretty easy to spot, you make it sound like most of the time your telling yourself no more than you are me." He was completley bluffing the whole thing, well, most of it, he did think that she had some internal arguments, but he didn't know to what degree.

Ophelia

Ophelia was thankful for his words. He at least was TRYING to help her fit in. He entered her mind again and played around with images of the pair of them fighting. Then the people that tried to bully her were beaten up. "I may look part dragon, but I don't want the people that look at me like a monster to be justified." She glared at the third year, but quickly calmed herself down. Her instincts were a bit more difficult to control than she'd like to ever admit. "And I hope that I'll make some friends, or at least that I'll meet more people like you." Ophelia was grateful for his words and as she sipped the tea, completely unfazed by the heat of the tea, she felt relaxed for the first time all day since getting summoned to the principal's office. She needed this moment, whether she'd admit it to herself or not.

@SKUsagi

Last edited by a moderator:
Kumi got up and dusted his pants off.

"Do what you wish Ophelia... But you will soon understand that power and allies are everything." He felt a tinge in his head as if someone stabbed his brain directly. He had been getting these symptoms constantly for the past year and he didn't understand why. Lately he had been having some pretty dark thoughts but it didnt mean he was turning dark... 

waving off the pain that lasted for a second, he smiled "There are a lot of people who are very kind that aren't like the bigots who talk about you. And if they keep talking about you, you can always come to us third years if you need us."

@Kiroshiven

Last edited by a moderator:
"what don't i understand, I'm pretty good at that, at least you could give me a reason, by now any normal person would've just either walked off or given me a reason, I'm sure you have your reasons, just give me one good one and I won't bother you" He had a bit of a smile on his face as he was saying that, if he could find something out it would be a win, after all he didn't want to have gone through all this and not find something out "Nothing I want. ha, I want to know what goes through that little head of yours, after all it is something I like to find out with people, granted if I had to guess I would say there is more than one person in that head of yous, I mean, if you sit and think about it for a second it's pretty easy to spot, you make it sound like most of the time your telling yourself no more than you are me." He was completley bluffing the whole thing, well, most of it, he did think that she had some internal arguments, but he didn't know to what degree.

Sis 

~~~

46Z1Xws.jpg

Sis's face struggled to maintain its emotionless state. Black lips curled down in a increasingly frustrated frown, eyebrows glared over white eyes, and she shook a little bit in her seat, fighting down rage.

"You're nosy," Sis grunted, clearly growing madder.

Ha, he's pretty good.

Sis.

Just let us see him.

Sis.

Just introduce us.

Sis.

Sis. Sis. SIS. SIS! SIS!!

Clenching her fists, and scraping her teeth together, she shouted, "NO! Leave me alone!" The voices bombarding her mind were unbearable. He caused them. Their excitement to hurt him was palpable, and she hated it.

Getting up, brushing her black dress down; Sis stormed away from the arena, loud, black heeled footwear crashing harshly against the tiled floor. Quickly, she shoved open the door, and left the area.

@las0r0o7

Sis's face struggled to maintain its emotionless state. Black lips curled down in a increasingly frustrated frown, eyebrows glared over white eyes, and she shook a little bit in her seat, fighting down rage.

"You're nosy," Sis grunted, clearly growing madder.

Ha, he's pretty good.

Sis.

Just let us see him.

Sis.

Just introduce us.

Sis.

Sis. Sis. SIS. SIS! SIS!!

Clenching her fists, and scraping her teeth together, she shouted, "NO! Leave me alone!" The voices bombarding her mind were unbearable. He caused them. Their excitement to hurt him was palpable, and she hated it.

Getting up, brushing her black dress down; Sis stormed away from the arena, loud, black heeled footwear crashing harshly against the tiled floor. Quickly, she shoved open the door, and left the area.

@las0r0o7

He laughed a bit "Yea i'm nosy, tell me something new." He watched as she got all frustrated and got up to leave "well that was entertaining, but that's not the last of me" he said under his breath just before he started hopping from row to row leaving the arena through a different door trying not to step on heads in the process of him heading out. Once he had gotten through the door he made a quick left down the hall and then stepped out in the other hall right in front of Sis "You can't be in that much of a hurry to get out of there, I mean after all it's just the two of us in the hall" He gestured around them at the empty halls "So tell me, why are you in such a rush"

Sis 

~~~

46Z1Xws.jpg

Sis stopped in the middle of her path, staring ahead at the blurry person there. She could not tell the boy was the same boy by vision alone, because he was a blurry mess of mass before her. She however, could tell it was the same person, by his presence, and his annoying, prying voice. Frowning, and biting her black lip, she glared. What was his deal? Why did he insist on this happening? Could he not get the hint?

Just go away! Sis thought inwardly, angrily.

No! Stay! Let us 'meet' him, Sis!

The voices instantly picked up, hearing her thoughts, and responding in their very aggravating, condescending sort of way. This time she didn't speak aloud, when responding to them, like she normally did.

NO! She growled in her mind, listening to the boy before her.

'It's just the two of us in the hall.'

His voice came out annoyingly stupid-sounding, stating that. Oh how wrong he was. No, it was the two of them, plus some more. She could't believe his audacity. He was completely misguided, and knew nothing.

Scoffing, she shook her head. "You say that.. but we aren't alone."

With that warning, she shoved by him, and walked confidently away, with a sway to her hips, due to her glossy black stilettos. Or at least she appeared confident. In reality she was terrified, her heart beating quick. She shouldn't even have said that! That alone was too much. This feminine persona was also only something they cultivated. 'She' cared for none of it, and just wanted to hide and curl up. Maybe she'd curl up in her room.

@las0r0o7

Inkt

~~~

rmaZVQC.jpg

Thinking she was okay to work on her blade, even with the other student there, Inkt unsheathed her sword, making sure to be incredibly safe with it. She didn't think she could kill herself with her own blade: Moon. Still, she didn't want to test it. Like usual, she was extremely careful, cleaning, sharpening, and polishing the sword. It took her a short amount of time, being adept at working on weapons. Inkt nodded goodbye to the student she was talking, and left the weapons workshop.

Stepping out into the hallway, she glanced around. Inkt walked along, wondering what to do with the rest of her day. The short, mid-teen girl passed by student after student. Most would whisper to each other, about the girl with an infamous reputation, though she hadn't done anything nasty or harmful in quite awhile, her rep still proceeded her.

Eventually, she stumbled upon a scene that intrigued her. Some student was talking to what appeared like almost a monster. A Dark Adept? The particular Adept had wings, and scales, like some sort of.. dragon? Intriged, she made her way over, hand on the top of her sword, resting there like normal. "H-hi," she said to the two of them, shyly, casting her red gaze down, but up to them, and then again back down, too timid for her own good.

[SIZE= 16px]@SKUsagi @Kiroshiven[/SIZE]

Kumi smiled kindly at the new girl approaching them. He had clearly remembered when she had dueled his class and easily beat his classmates in which Kumi decided to abstain for the greater good of his health and well being. Kumi didn't know if Inkt knew him or not, most of his duels were boring as he won his matches mentally and not physically so most people didn't even show up to see him fight.

"Afternoon." he said kindly with a smile. He softly touched her mind, careful not to hurt her when he slowly pried inside her.He may have been a deadly opponent but she was still just a child. He reached into his bag and pulled out a chocolate chip cookie and placed it into her hand, no girl could ever resist a sweet.

"Enjoying the day?" he asked clasping his hands together and exiting her thoughts. 

@Kiroshiven @Thalia_Neko

Mina

As the boy smiled impishly back at her as he strolled away, Mina's anger got the best of her, a nearby branch flinging itself into his path, stopping just short of hitting him in the shins and dropping to the ground with a thunk in front of him. The one person to completely infuriate her in all the school, and she didn't even know his name. 

Quickly she grabbed her bag and walked the opposite way from him. In her infuriatingly annoyed state, Mina circled around to head back to the castle, completely distracted from her surroundings. Almost walking into a few students along the way, she found herself bumping right into Sis, the hair on the back of her neck standing up slightly, almost like a sixth sense. She froze and stammered, "Sh-shit I am so sorry, I uh... wasn't watching." Luckily for Mira, it wasn't enough to knock her down but... Sis was the one person who really creeper her out. 

@Spanner 

@Thalia_Neko

Sis 

~~~

46Z1Xws.jpg

Sis, being half-blind ran into people often. Or rather, she would, if people didn't steer clear of her, giving her a wide berth, leaving the weird, 'possessed' freak a path all to her own. This time, though, some student found their way right into her, and bumped hard into the 'girl'.

She found herself grunting, shoved against the nearby wall, hitting the white surface roughly.

"Ungh," she groaned, shaking herself.

"What's the big idea?" she asked, turning her head, focusing her milky eyes on another blur before her. 'Seeing' (if you could call it that) sucked. Why even bother? Might as well be totally blind. Sis knew why. It was them. They left her this way as a way to keep her in line. She knew they could control her eyesight, because there were times where she could see far clearer. They regulated her eyesight. Always making it different levels of blur. Keeping Sis on her toes of what she could see, and when. The slightest glimmer of hope of full eyesight in her mind.

Someone hit you.

PUNISH THEM!

SIS!

"No~o," she growled, hitting her head against the nearby wall, then placing a palm on it, leaning there, sighing.

@CrazyRandomMadness

Inkt

~~~

v2bZpsQ.jpg

Inkt was not one to really know other students. Especially from various people that had passed her in grade, since she was held back. Her earlier years at the Academy were not the fondest of memories. The girl was kinder now, gentler, and far easier to deal with; being very agreeable, and collected, but that had not always been the case. In general, her early years there she had made sure not to get close to anyone, for fear of lashing out at them.

Even now, the slighest thing that set off her emotions could make them grow rapidly in negative directions. She always had to maintain her cool, and keep a calm, quiet demeanor. Smiling at the boy, who she only recognized was in her year, she accepted the cookie graciously. "Thank you!" she said nicely, instantly biting into it, and holding it at her mouth, nibbling at it like she were younger than her actual age suggested. When he asked if she enjoyed the day, she kept the cookie there and nodded, "mhm!"

@SKUsagi

Kumi smiled while patting the young girl's head, "So, what do I have the pleasure of seeing you today without you beating up my peers?" he said in a joking manner. Kumi had always loved to joke around but his calm and simple demeanor made it difficult to tell whether or not he was serious or not.

He stretched his arms behind him and looked into her eyes. It was a normal gesture to do but of course Kumi was once again delving into her mind gathering information. what made this girl sad? what made her happy? He needed to know everything because having an ally like Inkt would prove rather... useful...

@Thalia_Neko

Ophelia

Ophelia had watched yet another girl approach Kumi and herself, expecting some kind of remark about her appearance the woman stayed silent. However, it seemed the girl wasn't going to say any spiteful words which was nice, but there was a certain smell on this woman that left her questioning the girl. It wasn't completely bad, it was just weirdly familiar, like something she'd been dealing with for quite some time. Then she felt that "trigger" in her body. Her instincts were telling her to attack despite the girl having done nothing wrong. Taking a deep breath, Olivia dug her claws into the ground before putting on a smile at the newcomer. "Hi, I'm Ophelia. I'm a second year starting today." She offered her hand to the other girl, though she could feel more dirt compounding under her feet as she repetitively dug her claws in to try and contain her violent urge.

@Thalia_Neko @SKUsagi

Inkt

~~~

Bd3K6dH.png

Inkt found herself pouting at getting pat. She wasn't all that much younger than the boy doing the patting! But then she smiled, and a light tinge appeared on her cheeks. For some reason, she was enjoying the patting. "I-im, Inkt," she introduced herself to the two of them. Though, with the words the boy spoke, it seemed like he knew her. He probably did, what with her reputation and all. She was not at all in-tune with her SE or SP like a lot of other students, having had it irreparably messed up at a young age, so when he began to prod her mind, she hardly noticed.

She did, however, suddenly feel some reluctance from the girl that looked monstrous beside her. Feeling that instinct, Inkt knew it all to well. A similar feeling to 'Killing Intent'. Actually, it probably was killing intent, just in the other student's own way of feeling it. "H-hi, Ophelia," she replied shyly, fighting any responses that would come from feeling such angered intent. Tilting her head, she asked out, "Huh? Starting today? Was there an Advancement Test I missed?" After all, it was the middle of the school year.

@Kiroshiven @SKUsagi

Mira Sarthi

When Sis hit the wall, Mira gulped a little, glad she knew the girl was a bit hard of seeing. "Are you okay? I am so sorry... There was just a thing and I was angry and distracted... You really shouldn't hit your head on the wall. In experience, it never helps much." Mina spurted the whole sentence out, reaching up to brush her hair out of her face. Her typical demeanor had been shaken by her earlier confrontation, and there was no sense in pretending if the person you're talking to can't see it.

Glad the other girl didn't completely fall down due to Mira's ignorance, she looked around, noticing the students on the path thinning out a bit, just as the girl said no to nothing being said. No wonder I get the weird vibes off of her...  "Listen... let me know if you need help back, this is my fault, really." She tried to wave the white flag of truce, by offering to help her. She didn't really expect the offer to be taken, though. 

@Thalia_Neko

Sis 

~~~

46Z1Xws.jpg

Sis stepped to face the girl, staring at her legs. 'Staring' used loosely, more like just placing her eyes there, because there was no real reason to put them anywhere else. Frankly, she didn't care for this person's advice, and didn't ask for it. Frowning, she groaned inwardly. Why this girl offering help all the sudden? She was just like the weird sudden stalker-boy that wouldn't leave her alone behind her.

"I don't need anything like that," she grunted. Shaking her head, long black hair swishing violently, she sputtered. "Why can't you people just leave me alone? Don't you understand, it's dangerous around me!"

Turning, she began to storm off, heeled boots really hitting the tiled flooring hard, with angered footfalls. Again, the voices were at the edge of her mind, protesting Sis's leaving, asking to 'meet' the other students.

@las0r0o7 @CrazyRandomMadness

*Wylla Isla*

~~~

Wylla came up to the nurse, still supporting the injured boy against her. "Ma'am," she spoke to one of the school's nurses. "I.. I don't know what happened to him... But..." She glanced at him, and lifted him a bit.

"He's hurt. In pain, probably. His leg seemed to be injured, too? I think. Anyway, I don't know exactly what's wrong, but he was in the hallway, crying for some help. Aid him please?"

With that, the blonde handed the boy off to the nurse, so she could take Wylla's spot, taking him towards the Infirmary, so they could see what was wrong, and help him recover. Now with that... Wylla searched out something else to occupy her mind with. Though she was still worried about the injured kid. Her eyes looked around the hallway, and her mind drifted to the boy from before, as well as the unusual First Year with some sort of agenda. Maybe she should seek them out, and try to determine if they were causing trouble or not? Who knew. Hm...

@Arty   @Idea   @Spanner (if you want) :P

Nao Fujimoto

"Thank you for your time Doctor." Nao's words were empty as he left the psychologist's office. Ever since they found him out in the wilderness, he'd been going to these things every week. I just want to bash his skull in, that would be so much easier. Nao's power had recently undergone massive changes and with it, so did his attitude. He was always reliving the images of when he was out in the wild, crushing monsters with his bare hands, or slashing them to ribbons with his sword. It was like a paradise of violence and brutality, but ultimately that also left him feeling a bit lonesome when he was forced to return to Esprit. However, it was either fake having PTSD or be killed on sight by every adept in Royal City.

"Is there no place where I can live free of my shackles?" Nao questioned as he walked across the campus, his hand placed firmly upon his sword. He never knew when someone might realize what he was and come after him, so he always was ready to fight at a moments notice. Looking about the campus, Nao felt even more empty as he witnessed others using their SP without restraint. He couldn't do that any more, not while he was on campus anyway. Out in the field? Maybe, because he could likely break formation and go do his own thing and finally let loose and transform. It was only then that he'd realized he'd just been standing outside the main building for a solid five minutes, just contemplating to himself. "What a waste. I think I'll go practice no my own." He mumbled before walking off to find a place to practice his swordsmanship.

Ophelia

Ophelia was barely keeping her instincts in check as the girl responded to her, but she was managing. She dug a fang into her cheek as she looked down to see she'd dug up quite a bit of the yard. However, the question of why she was a second year starting today brought her back to the image of the students taunting her and making her feel like a monster. It quelled those instincts in a flash and Ophelia was just a normal girl once more. "Due to my......situation. I had gone through my own individual training for the past few years. The faculty felt that it was enough to let me skip over the first year seeing as how my SP entirely is physical and I've pretty much got control over it." It was the truth but omitted some important details, like that fact that she couldn't speak at all when they first found her or that she was like a wild animal at that time.

@Thalia_Neko

Mira Sarthi

When Sis hit the wall, Mira gulped a little, glad she knew the girl was a bit hard of seeing. "Are you okay? I am so sorry... There was just a thing and I was angry and distracted... You really shouldn't hit your head on the wall. In experience, it never helps much." Mina spurted the whole sentence out, reaching up to brush her hair out of her face. Her typical demeanor had been shaken by her earlier confrontation, and there was no sense in pretending if the person you're talking to can't see it.

Glad the other girl didn't completely fall down due to Mira's ignorance, she looked around, noticing the students on the path thinning out a bit, just as the girl said no to nothing being said. No wonder I get the weird vibes off of her...  "Listen... let me know if you need help back, this is my fault, really." She tried to wave the white flag of truce, by offering to help her. She didn't really expect the offer to be taken, though. 

@Thalia_Neko

Sis stepped to face the girl, staring at her legs. 'Staring' used loosely, more like just placing her eyes there, because there was no real reason to put them anywhere else. Frankly, she didn't care for this person's advice, and didn't ask for it. Frowning, she groaned inwardly. Why this girl offering help all the sudden? She was just like the weird sudden stalker-boy that wouldn't leave her alone behind her.

"I don't need anything like that," she grunted. Shaking her head, long black hair swishing violently, she sputtered. "Why can't you people just leave me alone? Don't you understand, it's dangerous around me!"

Turning, she began to storm off, heeled boots really hitting the tiled flooring hard, with angered footfalls. Again, the voices were at the edge of her mind, protesting Sis's leaving, asking to 'meet' the other students.

He couldn't help but to laugh a bit "Oh I could leave you alone if you like" he said as she stormed off again He chuckled again as she was out of sight "I don't think it's dangerous around you" he said under his breath, he looked at the other girl that was here, she was quite the charmer, granted she was quite a bit shorter than he was "Oh don't mind her, I just irritated her for a while, I think she will come around, eventually" He smiled and held out his hand to her "The name's Cynax." he paused for a second to think "Your in the same grade as me, I knew you looked familiar, you must be....... Mari?" he said it with a bit of a question, he was still trying to figure names and faces and put them together "I don't know about you but I'm kinda hungry after that." He got a bit distracted trying to think of something good to eat "Hmm, fish, no, sushi, nah, chicken, hmm, maybe, pizza, no i had that the other day, hmmmm, I kinda want something with some spice to it, though, where would I get something good and spicy" He was trying to think of somewhere to eat that was good, though he was just spitting out random things to eat. He looked back to Mari "Any suggestions on what to eat, I'm game for just about anything"

(Chika´s POV)

I leaned on the window, observing the boy with that strangely pale face. He seemed somehow...familiar. I was pretty sure I didn´t know him, but there was something in him that just made me, you know...something. Like a chill on my spine and a thump on my heart, in sinc like a beautifully sad orchestra. I breathed in, couldn´t afford to waste time. I waved at the boy as he was about to walk away from the place he had been standing on.

"Hey, pretty boy!" I called out, unsure of what else to call him. I figured he was bored or tense or something, so I doubted that would come to bite me in the ass later. "You alright? Been standing there for a while."

Wylla didn´t seem to be showing up, nor did the nurse, so when I overheard through one of my hidden clones the boy commenting on wanting to be free of these "shackles" of his, I couldn´t help but be "distracted". Following his general direction, I had walked to the corridor window from which I was able to see him. His appearance was wild enough, though, he was like a vampire with a horn helmet. It reminded of that kind of stereotypical guitar-smashing , set everything ablaze, heavy metal fan, who just looooooves the kind of proposal I had for him. He should be useful in causing havoc, or at least some tiny bit of trouble. Unlike the other boy, a perfect idiot he, this one seemed a lot more serious about the statement that caught my attention. The question remained on what KIND of trouble he could cause, and how I would show him his freedom could rely on doing that tiny task for me.. Still, I couldn´t be careful enough, after all the last troublemaker I tried to find turned out to be as thick as a wall, and as worthless as an ant in a picnic. He could probably piss you off a little, but you´ll eat the food he stepped on nonetheless. Not enough for my goals. 

"That´s a funny way to dress." I giggled lightly, but quickly halted. Didn´t want to piss him, just show some early familiarity.

@Kiroshiven

(Chieko´s POV)

As much as I tried to hold it back, I realized the need to push away the letter before I expelled a loud sneeze.

"Chiu!" Was the noise that came out of my mouth. I wouldn´t never get used to how much it made me sound like a squeaking mouse. As soon as I sniffed back the snot, I brought my eyes back to the piece of paper. I just couldn´t stop reading it. It made me wanna jump up and down , up and down, up and down! Oops, I had actually jumped... Nomatter, mistakes happen. But still... The huge grin on my face just wouldn´t drop, not as long as I held that letter. So amazing! My gaze once more diverted to the small piece of handwriting.

Dear miss Chieko Meinong,

Ah, to be called "miss"! Sometimes, even the students forgot to call me that. But these formal letters had my last and first names following the miss. I would forever curse the manticore monster that had deprived me of as much as getting a bear without having to show them a special license issued by the academies themselves, or being able to drive myself somewhere. Even though I could still blast up quite a few strong monster even today, I had had to aknowledge these limits that were set upon me and come teach. A less than properly respected profession, might I add. Some students were just so disrespectful! Rrrrr! I needed to calm down. Maybe I would just read a little more of the already read text.

We would like to begin by wishing you well in your recovery from the unfortunate cold you seem to have caught. Our sources tell us you will be taking a little time off considering we are in the season for advancement tests and Espirit fears your control over your ability may waver due to the cold.

They were pretty right. Ever since I..

"Chiu!" I pulled back the snot. Ever since I had caught this cold, the board had asked me to take some time off. Usually, they were pleased with the fact I could use my ability to run "simulations" where the students could have practical classes (which most were, in the subject I taught), but given the cold, they worried I might loose control and trap a student there or even harm then by messing up the pocket dimension over a sneeze. I seriously doubted I would make such a great mistake over such a small thing, but hey, easy paid vacations, right? In the meantime, I had left my contact to the students so they could reach me at any time they needed, and given some practice homework alongside a small project over the history of the Anubis-physiology type monsters. Fierce hounds those, and their necromantic habits presented quite the nuance. Alphas in particular were to said to sometimes even have the capacity to revive adepts retaining their powers. A few decades ago, they presented quite the plague upon a team of researchers allowing them to breed in an attempt to tame them. Failed attempt, might one add.

"Chiu!"

In any case, I would have to check the files on my students to check if anyone´s family had been killed by these monsters. Things could get messy in class when you´re too distant about a particular type of monster, if someone was directly harmed by them. But for now, I could afford to indulge in a happy distraction.

If you find yourself available, we would be most honored if you could come to Souldew academy within the coming week.

An even larger grin grew on my face as I basically hugged the letter. They would be HONORED by my presence there! It would be so amazing! I wondered how the students were like at Souldew. Was it still like I remembered it, from when I went in there? I wondered how many students were taking advancement tests this time. Two? Three? Souldew generally had good records. Maybe they even had someone actually pass the advancement exam? Couldn´t wait to see or hear about it. I would respond to this letter right tonight to begin arranging a meeting date. The best part about this was that, if I was being formally invited, then I would probably give a speech. I could almost imagine it...

"Who is that girl?"  they would ask

"She´s so beautiful." some would comment

"Looks quite mature to me." others would note

"Shhh, she´s gonna start! I bet she´s a really important person." the smart ones would request

"I wish I could be like her" they would think.

I almost threw the letter to the air in excitement, spinning around a couple times, before turning to the next corridor. I pulled the letter closer again as I saw a student standing there, and tiptoed towards the girl, a good student that one, Wylla. She seemed worried about something, so I reached a couple fingers to tuck on her uniform.

"Is something the matter Wylla? I would think you would be watching the matches, or attending class, so diligent you are. Did something happen?" I inquired.

@Thalia_Neko

*Wylla Isla*

~~~

Wylla felt the tug on her blue dressy outfit, and glanced downward, spotting the girl; an oddity this was. The girl was a woman who was considerably older, but much much shorter and younger (looking). Something had happened to her a long time ago that had caused her to 'deage' and appear like a small child. Something that Wylla (probably) didn't know. The blonde laughed lightly, seeing her own mistake. Sheepishly, she tried to explain the situation. "W-well... I.." was reminiscing about Eros... she thought sadly inwardly. Keeping the same cheery-demeanor at the forefront though, as to not arouse any suspicion, she continued, "Was going to go see the Advancement Test. However, in my own stupidity, missed it. I know, dumb of me. Whoops. Then, somewhere a short time ago, I ran into another student -oh what was his name..." she shrugged, having not caught it, nor being able to recall it. "Anyway, this student was in severe pain from some sort of leg injury by the looks of it." She pointed down the hall. "I sent him away with a nurse, towards the infirmary," she answered finally. Hoping all that would suffice, so the teacher would not be angry with her, or write her up or something. She knew Chieko, since she was a Second Year, and had her class. They were on friendly terms, considering Wylla was pretty dutiful, but you never know, maybe Chieko would be angry at spotting some skipping going on.

@Idea

Inkt

~~~

v2bZpsQ.jpg

Inkt blinked her bright red eyes, looking once more over the draconic girl. She did seem to be a tad unusual. Though, to Inkt, she was not that unusual. Dark Adepts within the cult she had once been apart of often looked like her. To Inkt, this girl before her was the norm. Only the past few years had her 'norm' begun to change. Still, despite that unusual bit they had in common, Inkt and Ophelia were opposites regarding the other thing she said. "They let you skip?" she murmured, her inflection almost hinting at envy. Inkt herself, had been held back a couple years, with an issue regarding her SE and SP herself. Inkt had a strong amount of SE, but basically no control over it at all. It was a barrier for her, like any other Adept, but other than that, -nothing. Inkt's control over her SE was rudimentary at best.

[SIZE= 16px]In an odd twist of things, Inkt's SP had manifested before her SE had in any capacity. A true oddity, that actually no one really had any records of ever happening. Since SE grew into SP, it was astounding to the staff at Esprit, that Inkt's had exploded out suddenly as a unique power. This left Inkt sort of stunted in her growth. Though her SE was pretty strong, she had no control over it. Her SP was insanely strong, if allowed to get to its fullest form, but she also had very middling control over that as well.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]The only reason Inkt was actually still in school, and a Third Year at that, was the fact that staff of Esprit had taken pity on her; understanding the situation that had caused her to have stunted growth. They knew she was a strong Adept, but it was more a strength out of necessity, instead of actual skill. Though Inkt was unnaturally skilled with a blade. It was about all she could train and actually grow any in.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]"Skipped... I see,"[/SIZE] she spoke softly, finally.

@Kiroshiven

Kumi feeling the tension in the air clasped his hands together resounding in a sharp echo. 

"Now now, lets just be friends here see?" he said with a smile. But behind the nice facial features displayed was a dark, menacing look. 

He intertwined his fingers and gave them a stretch. Feeling the tension in the air, Kumi quickly decided that he should change the topic and fast. "You girls see any of the arena matches today?" he asked the girls hoping that they would have some connection through fighting. Ophelia looked like one not to be trifled with while he knew Inkt could handle herself in a fight. Unfortunately he had missed most of the matches due to him sparring with some of his classmates early in the day.

@Kiroshiven @Thalia_Neko 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back