Esprit Academy

Mira Sarthi

Mira viewed the arena with mild amusement, hoping the first advancement test of the year ended with some type of bang. She sat up high in the arena, surrounded by students she probably couldn't name. Ever since she started at Esprit these tests were always cause for excitement. Or, you know, a way to skip class. 

Anyone could imagine her disappointment when it ended with one over-exerting himself and accidentally spending all of his energy in a showboat fashion. It looked like the other guy didn't even have a scratch. Class would have been a better use of my time than this. She rose, grabbing her clanking bag full of her favorite sharp things and tossing it over her shoulder. Mira passed through the crowd quickly, heading for the nearest exit when she passes by Sis- she looked... insane, as always. Mira avoided her as if she was the plague, like most others. A weird vibe just came off of her. Mira booked it past them, glancing over in time to see the kid who lost hobbling out of the area, ignoring the help offered. Idiot. 

((apparently i have to repost it....))

Cynax looked at her for a second waiting for an answer, he heard her say absolutely not and he was about to say that's fine but she spat out another no for the third time "Alright, alright, once is good enough for me, just thought I would ask, one no would've sufficed" as energetic and plain and simple minded he may have appeared to be he was quite smart. "So let me ask you this, what would you like to do, I mean clearly there isn't much for you to do here, what about....." he was going to say library but didn't know how well she could read, if at all, she was going to be a tricky one to talk to, no one knows anything about her, like the elusive big foot, or something like that. He set his hand on his chin thinking of what all he could do, and he kept thinking, and thinking, and thinking, he was probably over thinking it really. "Any suggestions......" he was pretty well out of ideas at this point

John took to leaning against the wall outside, not having any energy to leave the room... So he began to watch the crowd slowly, trying to coax himself to leave. The brace over his legs should disappear anytime soon... John hated this. But he had to ask for help... Goddamnit...

"Anyone?! Can anyone just help me over to the dorms... I can't walk over there..." He muttered, watching person after person simply leave him be. John in a way, understood why. Why help an arrogant person like him? After that display? Because he was the best damn person... He didn't even show anything! The damn assholes put someone to counter him! They set him up! He would think about this later, he though, as soon as he was in his room... "Please... I..." Screw it, he thought. "I'll do your bloody work and shit. Just help me over to the dorms... Homework, projects, you name it. For a week!" He yelled out, before falling silent.

@anyone

Aleister Doyle

View attachment 206351

"I can't just stop laughing when i want, that's not how it works!" He happily exclaimed after seeing the girl reaction, apparently quite satisfied with the scene. Even while hearing the explanation of the second year girl his playful smile continued to cover his face, in despite of the apparent seriousness of the explanation, and he maintained exactly the same expression even after watching the demonstration of Mumei's prowess, giving away that he wasn't really surprised by the sudden action nor amused by her power.

"I'm 100% sure that not everyone reacts like that, I would gladly accept that you have talent if you managed to defeat me." He replied in a nonchalant way when confronted about the reaction to losing a battle against an underclassmen, clearly refuting that this would hurt his ego. "Also, the person I know never had any problem with the guy he defeated in the advancement test. While they're not friends, he never actually acted against the person I know." He continued talking, showing quite the familiarity with the person he was talking about. "He did act as his rival for some time though... Well, it wasn't really hostile or anything." He finished with a shrug, apparently not really that interested by the situation.

"How cold, Ms. Isla. I just wanted to show off a little with flowers in both hands. I'm sure every single guy would be envious if they saw me like this" He playfully replied, proceeding to turn his head to the younger girl as he faintly heard her question. "A gentleman duty is defending a defenseless lady after all" He simply replied when faced by her question, hardly showing any signal that  embaressment. In fact, his playful smile looked as carefree as ever when he nonchalantly replied the girl and his eyes, albeit not apparent, gave away a hint of amusement while he talked but completely lacking any seriousness.

@Idea @Thalia_Neko

*Wylla Isla*

~~~

The First Year demonstrated her ability, by firing a fireball out of some gun up into the air, leaving behind a softly hovering smoke trail. Alarmed, she recounted how she could only do it once per hour. Well, that seemed incredibly weak. Something that just fueled her idea of losing to a First Year in an Advancement Test as something shameful, even more. Why had she even felt the need to show that off? Until, Mumei had stated she could only do it once an hour, it hadn't been all that bad, but that little tidbit made it laughably awful, and nigh useless in any given combat scenario. Wylla tried to think back over a year ago. There was no way she had ever been that weak. "Well, at least your here at Esprit," she stated to Mumei, implying that she had quite a long way to go.

Then, distastefully, Mumei started fawning over the guy, holding against him, and asking him to protect 'little ol' her', like she was some defenseless princess. Ugh. Turning up her lip, Wylla attempted to set some of this straight. With a shake of her head, she answered, "No. There shouldn't be any threats that can get you here." Her green eyes glanced around the small outdoor area. It was surrounded on all sides by buildings of Esprit Academy. Not to mention they were high atop a mountain. Thirdly, all of the powerful Adepts gathered in one place. Fourthly, a barrier protected them. "You really don't have to worry so much, Mumei... I'm sure you don't have to fret, just study hard, and you'll get the hang of your little fire-gun ability! Keep at it!" She clenched her fist, and tried to sound inspiring, though she honestly just thought this girl was weak and fickle.

Aleister began to describe some of his involvement and knowledge of a previous Advancement Test, that Wylla had seemingly missed. Maybe it had occurred in his First Year, before she was at the Academy? He recounted how the two were rivals of sorts, but harbored no ill will, even the one who lost. Especially, the one who lost. Who seemed to respect the power of the previous year that managed to beat him. "Inspirational," she noted simply, still unconvinced. He gave his 100% garauantee that not everyone would be super envious, and vindictive. Well of course not. Not everyone was the same. Though, the same could be applied oppositely. "Not everyone is of sound mind as those two, and would take it as well as your friend, and that his challenger, either."

He was flirting, and acting all gallant with the young Mumei. Either she was an airhead, or she was enjoying the attention. To, Wylla, it was rather vile. Ugh. "You're not defending anyone. Nothing dangerous is here. Let's go." She said sternly, turning on her heel, and walking the path leading towards the arena.

@Idea @Spanner

(Chika`s POV)

"Then don't laugh to begin with!" I pouted, with an actual bit of a blush. I felt so stupid, saying things like that. I still hadn´t gotten properly used to every part, but in time, I was sure I would. I had to, for Hiiro. And for that too, I needed allies or partners. Though, odds were starting to work against picking the upperclassman.  Nothing fazed him. Nomatter what, he kept smiling, It was like a doll, always the same meaningless expression on the face, nomatter what happened. Always that same grin. That wasn´t good, not for someone who I might need acting...then again, if he was this blank, then maybe he could still pass lying well...

Though, I guess I could have assumed he saw through the trick, if not for the fact someone else was here who somehow didn´t. I knew there were tons of abilities around, sono particular ability was outright "impossible", but  given SE itself, those should be very rare. Or so I thought.

"At least I am here in Espirit. " I agreed with the blond girl. "I have a lot to learn, but I hope one day I´ll be able to make something useful out of my power. I want to...I want to save someone, and use my power to do so."

I smiled, honestly, as I knew these words were just as honest, even if I didn´t expect them to be interpreted in the way I actually meant them. After my plea to the boy, Aleister was quick to remind me of our safety within Espirit academy. Still, if no threats came in, why was I in? Was I just not that much of a threat? Hum... I looked down.

"Th-thank you... That was, a bit reassuring.  I heard there was a barrier or something but... But how do things get in through the barrier? I mean we need food and water to live, so they must pass. Doesn´t that mean there is a hole in the barrier or something?"

The curios and forgetful role I was playing sure came in handy, allowing me to disguise questions like these. The boy´s reaction to the flirting was excellent too. While I would have preferred he had fawn over and shown more shock at the situation, or run himself loose right away, the fact he at least sought some status and that he wasn´t rejecting advances gave him a slimmer of hope of being a proper ally of mine. The other girl annoyingly decided to insist that we were safe, so I pouted again.

"I don´t know how you heard it, but eavesdropping is not something we should do, or so my parent taught me." I told her. I made a panicked face next. "not that I´m saying you were wrong or that I´m trying to criticize you or having anything against you at all! You are much stronger than me, older, prettier, I wouldn´t dare say anything that, well, well, you know...I... I..."

I lost pace, completely losing track of what to say in that accelerated and worried tone.

@Spanner @Thalia_Neko

Aleister Doyle

View attachment 206351

How very boring... Acting dumb is really tiresome. Kou couldn't help but mutter inwardly while watching the girls conversation. Truth being said, he already noticed the odd acting of the first year as soon as she started approaching him, after all he wouldn't need half of the intelligence he had to notice someone trying to rope him into something, but he actually liked the fact that she managed to hold her acting even after all the bullshit he said and even managed to convince the Isla girl, as that was surprisingly amusing to see. Even so, the fact that the young mistress from the Isla family didn't get flustered by his advances was quite disappointing, as he felt that seeing this would be even more interesting.

"Well, I do consider this friend of mine quite the magnanimous person." He answered in a serious tone that hardly matched his personality, surprisingly maintaining his thick skin even when praising himself to such a extent. He couldn't even imagine how surprised the Isla girl would be after knowing he was talking about himself "...Barr...Barrier Hole... Pfft." He managed to utter while laughing hardly from the girl affirmation, as he found such an exaggerated innocence extremely funny. The natural laugher made him look even more youthful, giving the impression of an usual airheaded teenager and letting clear that he didn't plan to explain how the barrier worked.

"Wow, wow, let's solve this without damaging our newformed friendly relationship" He managed to say looking sincerely preoccupied with the reaction of the older girl to the younger girl's rude remark, as if he was sincerely worried about the possibility of them getting into a fight in the way to watching the advancement test. "I'm sure miss Isla didn't meant to eavesdrop us. She has quite the good reputation in the school after all." He added while turning his face to Wylla, directing a "charming" blink to her, as if trying to show his "admiration". After all while he hardly believed that just this would make her act in a more amusing way, he felt that her reaction would be enough to get him distracted for the moment.

@Idea @Thalia_Neko

(Slightly smaller than my usual cause I'm lacking some inspiration)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mira Sarthi

Mira looked over the arena one last time before deciding to take a quick exit, her back clanking against her side. She heard yelling coming from nearby, but figured it was just a fight over the result of the latest, disappointingly short fight. Once out on the path back to the castle, she spotted a few of the adepts still heading for the arena. One looked like a classmate. She decided to at least warn them the fight was over and that they were wasting their time. When she reached them she stopped abruptly, the knives in her bag making a satisfying rattle.

Realizing they were towards the end of their conversation, wondering why the younger girl was hanging on the male as if he was a monkey gym. Putting on a slightly quizzical look, she tilted her head watching the three interact, finally deciding to speak up. "If you are heading for the arena- don't. The first year fizzled out. Second year didn't even get scratched. A nap would have been a better use of time." Her eyes gazed over the three, wondering why they were talking about eavesdropping when they had been walking together. Strange. 

*Wylla Isla*

~~~

Like the First Year, Wylla was also starting to notice the intricacies of Aleister Doyle. He was narcissistic, with a devil may care attitude, that was largely unbecoming. He thought he was bewitching, when he was the opposite. Far from fetching, Mr. Doyle was a nuisance. A kid who thought he was better than he actually was. Maybe he was a strong Adept, Wylla could only assume he was, since he was a Third Year. But it was just as Mumei was thinking. He was soulless, had that same dumb expression plastered on his face. Fake and shallow. Truly a 'gentleman'. Right.

It was an act. Much like the younger girl beside her was an act. This girl played dumb, but the longer they interacted, and the more she talked, the easier it was for Wylla to realize. Mumei was trying to play her. Play Aleister, too, by the looks of it. Neither 'older' students were having it. Wylla's attitude quickly began to sour towards the con girl beside her.

Her words were minced, but Mumei did mention wanting to help and save someone, which was what drove her to be stronger, and to get better as an Adept. At least that was admirable, if not a bit vague. Wylla could accept that for now, though. With a nod, the blonde girl stated, "Commendable." It was clear, since Mumei was hiding something, that these words were simply there to throw them off her scent, which for the time being Wylla would 'fall for'.

Then, she had to go and ruin it, continuing with this 'dumb act'. The dark-haired girl began to question what the barrier did, and how it worked, even going so far as to suggest that there was some hole.. and that it was easily breached. If Wylla didn't know that Mumei was acting dumb, she'd think this girl was a real idiot. Sighing, Wylla decided to answer, and elaborate anyway -just in case-, "It is exactly as you said, miss. Anything necessary just simply passes, as if it isn't there. The top brass of the Academy are who maintain the barrier. Somehow, they are able to manipulate it in a way that it allows 'friendlies' to go through with no fuss. Anything else, is instantly shocked back. How? I can only imagine it's someone's Spirit Power, ultimately. However, I do not know for sure."

Mumei continued on with insult, masked as flattery. It was clear to Wylla, that this girl had a slightly unusual moral compass. Normally, the blonde would agree, and not advocate eavesdropping, but this situation was slightly different. While, Aleister was correct, and she hadn't meant to eavesdrop, it didn't bother her as much anymore. This conversation had continued to the point, that she was now suspicious of Mumei, and eavesdropping had been an unusual means to that end.

Blinking at the man, she inquired, tilting her head, "Wait.. I do, Mr. Doyle?" She had no idea her reputation was that praised! Sure, she was from a famed rich family: the Islas. Still, people talked about her specifically? She was a studious girl, and tried her hardest for sure. Hardly causing any issues. Generally, Wylla was a top-notch student, but that meant people talked about her?

John took to leaning against the wall outside, not having any energy to leave the room... So he began to watch the crowd slowly, trying to coax himself to leave. The brace over his legs should disappear anytime soon... John hated this. But he had to ask for help... Goddamnit...

"Anyone?! Can anyone just help me over to the dorms... I can't walk over there..." He muttered, watching person after person simply leave him be. John in a way, understood why. Why help an arrogant person like him? After that display? Because he was the best damn person... He didn't even show anything! The damn assholes put someone to counter him! They set him up! He would think about this later, he though, as soon as he was in his room... "Please... I..." Screw it, he thought. "I'll do your bloody work and shit. Just help me over to the dorms... Homework, projects, you name it. For a week!" He yelled out, before falling silent.

"Nhn?" Wylla grunted, in surprise, looking around. "Hear that?" she asked aloud. Pointy ears twitched, straining to 'eavesdrop'. Clearly, someone was in need of aid! "C'mon!" she called to the other two, waving her hand, rushing towards the voice. She brushed by the other girl that had shown up, without even registering she was speaking to them.

It lead inside, exiting the courtyard, pushing open a door, Wylla saw the issue. Running on the glistening tiled floors, her heeled boots resounded loudly down the halls. Wylla stopped beside the boy, who she did not recognize. Bending down to him, her hands went to grasp him, and help him up.

"Are you okay there... sir?" Wylla asked, searching for the appropriate honorific. Helping him to his feet, she let him lean on her. "You seem to be injured... the Infirmary is in the other direction. Let us head there. Also.." with a smile she stated, "you don't need to do my homework, or anything. This is the least I can do, for a fellow student! Come." Her eyes searched to see if the other two came after her, or if the Third and First year decided to ditch, heading their own way, for their own brand of misconducts.

@Idea @Spanner @Arty @CrazyRandomMadness

~~~

((apparently i have to repost it....))

Cynax looked at her for a second waiting for an answer, he heard her say absolutely not and he was about to say that's fine but she spat out another no for the third time "Alright, alright, once is good enough for me, just thought I would ask, one no would've sufficed" as energetic and plain and simple minded he may have appeared to be he was quite smart. "So let me ask you this, what would you like to do, I mean clearly there isn't much for you to do here, what about....." he was going to say library but didn't know how well she could read, if at all, she was going to be a tricky one to talk to, no one knows anything about her, like the elusive big foot, or something like that. He set his hand on his chin thinking of what all he could do, and he kept thinking, and thinking, and thinking, he was probably over thinking it really. "Any suggestions......" he was pretty well out of ideas at this point

Sis 

~~~

46Z1Xws.jpg

Sis turned her blank stare towards a girl that passed her in the aisle, leading out from the arena. The black-haired girl stared the entire time the other girl walked by, until she disappeared out the doors. Milky gaze never left her, chilling, and eerie. Voices tormented Sis the entire time, whispering little threats, wanting nothing more than to 'meet' the other girl. They threatened, they promised, all Sis could do was sit there; silence being the response.

The boy next to her was still talking. Didn't he get the picture? Leave her alone. There was nothing here for him, but pain, misery, and terror. He asked if she had any ideas to... what? Hang out? Spend time together? Why did he care? What did he want?

Oooooh, we have a suggestion!

Yeah, Sis. We have a suggestion!

"No," she grunted aloud.

Come on, girl. We have an idea!

Sis. Don't be like that.

Don't you want to hear it?

"No," she growled, clenching her fists.

C'monnnnnnn.

Sis. Please.

Sis.

It'll be fun.

Promise.

"NO!" she shouted, slamming her fist on the seat's metallic arm rest.

@las0r0o7

He watched for a second as she was distracted by someone else, he wasn't really paying attention to whoever it was though when she started to say no repeatedly he got this 'are you serious' look on his face, granted she probably couldn't see it. When she hit the arm rest he quickly jumped back onto another seat head rest "You know, your an odd fellow, i like you, your not the average person, I think we could get along just fine." He was pretty well hell bent on making something out of her, after all he was sure he could make a friend out of her some how, some way, or something like that "So, what do you say, friends." He was going to bug her about it for quite a while until she did something about it, either said yes or it broke out in a fight, one of the two he was going to get something out of her one way or another.

@Thalia_Neko

(Chika´s POV)

The conversation was dying out now. A misstep of mine? Possibly. Maybe I should have hurried us to see the match instead of trying to flirt here. Did my plans already backfire, did I manage to loose an ally rather than gain one? It was a terrifying thought, as up to this point, I was convinced my acting was flawless...or nearly so. In fact, it probably was, and instead I had underestimated their ability to suspect me. After all, with the confident way they spoke of the defenses of this place, one could expect these students to be naïve enough to think nothing harmful and no serious threat would be able to come inside the academy, the boy even laughed when I mentioned the possibility of a hole (though to be fair, he was laughing nonstop). But I knew for a fact, at least six did. And I was only five of them. I had already managed to sneak four clones in, but the strategy I used at the time would likely not work now. After all, I had registred myself and then had the clones walk in near me. But if there was a bottom of truth to my questions, it was that I truly didn´t understand how the barrier itself, or the SE that generated it worked. Blasting through it wouldn´t be an option, they wouldn´t let someone with low SE handle such an important task, and unfortunately, my clones had an individually low SE rate. Besides, even if I managed to do it, there would be some alarm or something and I would be finished. It was a terrible option. Did I perhaps have an ability that could work around such a barrier? I couldn´t think of any right now, I would have to think about it for a few days, I did have dozens of clones after all, and that was just the grown up ones... Anyway, I wouldn´t be able to do anything without information, even if these sources might become lost causes soon.

A white haired girl approached, a boring sounding one. Well, at least she had some useful advise. I didn´t hesitate to continue my acting, as the last thing I wanted was for anyone who might be on to me, or anyone who might be really still convinced at least had no proof that I was in fact acting.

"Aww, the match is over? I was looking forward to it." I looked down fiddling with the gun still on my hand, then showed the white haired girl a smile of disappointment."I guess I don´t get to see something like that today. And who might you be, by the way? I don´t believe I saw you before, are you perchance in the second or third year? My, so many talking to me today, it must be..."

There was a faint sound, like a distant scream (or so it was confirmed to be, by our "friend" with an oddly accurate hearing), and I wondered what caused it. Hopefully, it had been someone doing something to someone else. Just like the ever-smiling boy over here, anyone who could be a troublemaker was a potential ally. After all, I just wanted to cause a fuzz, and get away with it. But for now, patience, patience. First, you wet your feet, only once you know the water´s good do you dive. Isn´t that how things work?

The girl asking us to go with her was the perfect chance to let go of the playboy. I turned to the white haired girl, I had no idea how she was like. I wanted to check it, though, Anyone could be an ally. To get her to come...I needed something fast and ambiguous.

"Will you come to? I don´t know what happened, but the more, the better, right? And I...to be honest I´m a bit curious as to what happened. I know I shouldn´t, but I sometimes can´t help but see these things... So even if you don´t wanna help, we didn´t finish our conversation, I wanted to know..."

I turned to the "elf" girl and shouted

"Hey, wait for me!" I rushed behind her. I was less than minute behind her, yet I still found her talking to the screamer and letting him lean on her. "My...is there anything I can do to help?"

@Thalia_Neko @Spanner @CrazyRandomMadness @Arty

Aleister Doyle

View attachment 206351

"Awn, what a shame. I wanted to see the duel." Aleister looked really disappointed as soon as the white haired girl gave the news. Truth being said, it wasn't as if the duel would be something worth of his attention, but he felt that seeing the confidence of a first year getting crushed was always an amusing situation, as the situations that unraveled from it were generally worth of watching. "Not like it would be that much of a fight though. First years have a tendency of being weak." He commented in an absent minded way, as if distracted by the information, just to "notice" that one of the girls he was talking with was also a first year. "No offense meant, of course."

He didn't even bothered to search for the origin of the annoying yells that faintly reached the area, ignoring them completely while examinating the new girl. Oh, that one is no good. Looks like she would actually hurt me if I started to mess with her, metallic objects are definitely no good. He inwardly muttered while examinating the girl. Truth being said, he generally liked to mess around with people independently of the danger level, but, in this specific case, he didn't like the girl eyes at all. She reminded him of himself a little too much for his taste.

"If that isn't a bother, I would also like to know a little more about the advancement test. "  Aleister added his own request to the younger girl awkward tentative of a question, apparently a little interested in the development of the duel. He didn't even even make a mention of following the girl even after she dashed away in the middle of the conversation, maintaining his gaze fixed in the pale girl. "You actually managed to drive away two girls with just this meager amount of words? Now that's what I call talent." He said in a sarcastic tone as soon as the younger girl was far enough so his words wouldn't make their way to her ear, his previous easygoing attittude vanishing in a moment. Apparently he came to reach the conclusion that this specific girl wouldn't fall for his acting.

@CrazyRandomMadness

@Idea

@Thalia_Neko

Mira Sarthi

After Mira had approached, the one girl with whom she recognized from her year because of the pointed ears sped off to go rescue someone. Probably a superhero complex, but even Mira knew you can't save everyone. The first year seemed to be talking a mile a minute, and she attempted to keep up with her questions. "Trust me, this one was disappointing. If it was going to be your first, it would have ruined it for you. And I agree, the first year was weak." Mira seemed annoyed to have to explain who she was to a first year, but she obliged, muttering, "Second year, Mira Sarthi." When she was asked about the advancement test, Mira finally looked at the boy, noticing his suit. A little formal for her taste. "Basically the first year went after the second year, got his legs broken, and still kept going. At least he tried. But the second year didn't even sweat. Actually... I'm not even sure what the second year's power was."

As the younger girl detached herself from the boy and ran off, she ignored her plea to come along. It was the same yelling she had ignored earlier, why would she try to help now? Mira already tried to be helpful today. Besides, it was probably something stupid. When the comment about driving away girls came flying out, she replied, "I don't really get along with girls. Not that I mind." When his act drops she smirks, adding, "But it appears you like to get along with them. A third year with a first year? Tsk, tsk." 

@Spanner @Idea

Kumi rubbed his eyes tiredly. Now that he was a third year, the course work had seriously increased to the point where Kumi wished he was a first year again. But then again, he was much stronger than the first or second years now.

He wrapped a book under his arm and went outside for a quick breath of fresh air.

"How nice..."  he muttered breathing in the air. He thought of looking around the school to see if any of the first or second years were fighting yet. Kumi hated fighting himself but watching was much different, no work required at all and it provided him some information about the students.  Kuni made his way over to the arena and watched from the back. 

@Aanyone  

maxresdefault.jpg

Kenshin now was in one of the workshops working on his sword with nothing but his power, using his quality enhancement to enhance his weapon as well as repair it. He consider his quality enhancement portion of his ability to be the most practical part of his power due to the rest being just a more developed version of SE, in its simplicity lies the secret to how he passes his courses so easily. He hoped to one day get a chance to take a promotion test and catch his opponent off guard my crushing them in the fundamentals and following up with the non fundamental portion of his power. For now he can only continue going through the motions.

Mira Sarthi

After Mira had approached, the one girl with whom she recognized from her year because of the pointed ears sped off to go rescue someone. Probably a superhero complex, but even Mira knew you can't save everyone. The first year seemed to be talking a mile a minute, and she attempted to keep up with her questions. "Trust me, this one was disappointing. If it was going to be your first, it would have ruined it for you. And I agree, the first year was weak." Mira seemed annoyed to have to explain who she was to a first year, but she obliged, muttering, "Second year, Mira Sarthi." When she was asked about the advancement test, Mira finally looked at the boy, noticing his suit. A little formal for her taste. "Basically the first year went after the second year, got his legs broken, and still kept going. At least he tried. But the second year didn't even sweat. Actually... I'm not even sure what the second year's power was."

As the younger girl detached herself from the boy and ran off, she ignored her plea to come along. It was the same yelling she had ignored earlier, why would she try to help now? Mira already tried to be helpful today. Besides, it was probably something stupid. When the comment about driving away girls came flying out, she replied, "I don't really get along with girls. Not that I mind." When his act drops she smirks, adding, "But it appears you like to get along with them. A third year with a first year? Tsk, tsk." 

@Spanner @Idea

Aleister Doyle

8a1e16ce5bbcd44cae6df3404fc179aa.jpg

"Well, I can't say that I have a tendency of rejecting what life gives me." He replied in the same nonchalant way as before, the playful behaviour from before completely vanishing from his actions in a way, while he still looked quite carefree, that gave the impression of a faint amusement with the situation. Apparently he was quite pleased with talking so openly with the girl. "Besides, she was the one trying to manipulate me. I just... Followed the flow." He added, his left index finger moving to curl a bang of his disheveled hair around it in a way that suggested distraction.

"In fact, I'm more interested in you." He announced in a tone that suggested anything but interest, sounding quite bored in fact. "Not in the same way, of course. You're not exactly inside my strike zone." He quickly added, as if trying to dispel any misunderstanding that could come from the misleading sentence, proceeding to give his reasoning in the following moment. "What I mean is... How did I manage to miss someone with such a dead fish stare, that reminds me of myself to such an unbearable extent? I definitely should've marked you as a potential target of my harassment." He finally competed with sentences that could only be defined as misleading. Apparently he was quite interested in the girl that managed to maintain such an indifferent gaze, as he even dropped his airheaded act to talk with her.

(Me can write even drunk. Me doesn't manage more than two paragraphers though. Kek)

Aleister Doyle

"Well, I can't say that I have a tendency of rejecting what life gives me." He replied in the same nonchalant way as before, the playful behavior from before completely vanishing from his actions in a way, while he still looked quite carefree, that gave the impression of a faint amusement with the situation. Apparently he was quite pleased with talking so openly with the girl. "Besides, she was the one trying to manipulate me. I just... Followed the flow." He added, his left index finger moving to curl a bang of his disheveled hair around it in a way that suggested distraction.

"In fact, I'm more interested in you." He announced in a tone that suggested anything but interest, sounding quite bored in fact. "Not in the same way, of course. You're not exactly inside my strike zone." He quickly added, as if trying to dispel any misunderstanding that could come from the misleading sentence, proceeding to give his reasoning in the following moment. "What I mean is... How did I manage to miss someone with such a dead fish stare, that reminds me of myself to such an unbearable extent? I definitely should've marked you as a potential target of my harassment." He finally competed with sentences that could only be defined as misleading. Apparently he was quite interested in the girl that managed to maintain such an indifferent gaze, as he even dropped his airheaded act to talk with her.

(Me can write even drunk. Me doesn't manage more than two paragraphers though. Kek)

Mira Sarthi

As the "pretty boy" third year talked, she let him get his two cents in, her eyes watching his movements suspiciously. Mira had yet to make friends there, so the conversation, while malicious, was at least entertaining. At least he dropped the act. And what was that about a first year trying to manipulate him? As he twirled his finger in his hair, she set her bag down with a thump onto the ground, it was starting to get heavy. "A firsty trying to manipulate you? Wonder what she thinks she's up to... doesn't seem like many things get past you." There was a hint of sarcasm in her tone of voice, her eyes going from dead fish to more a steely glimmer. 

When he said that he was more interested in her, a faint reaction of surprise showed on her face, a break in her usual demeanor. Even if he did sound as if he was talking about studying rather than a person. Mira recovered quickly however, her stare becoming decidedly pointed with a hint of anger, pursing her lips as he basically insults her, then smirked, taking the insult like a champ. "A dead fish huh... that is definitely a new one. A little insulting even. As for the harassment... try me. I'm good at disappearing. But you should know that right? Since you know me soooo well.." Her smirk slowly disappeared, her arms crossing, resisting the urge to slide a knife out of her bag at her feet. 

Ophelia

She could feel them. The eyes of other students glued to her as she walked the halls. Their hushed whispers about her being a monster still reached her sensitive ears. "I bet they let her just become a second year so she wouldn't eat whomever they put in her advancement test." One student's voice stung like ice as her claws clacked against the tile surface. "I heard that they found her in the wilds and that she had to be trained to be human. What a freak." She wrapped herself in her wings to try and hide her monstrous appearance from the other students. Why were they so cruel to someone even though she'd done nothing wrong? She couldn't understand why the faculty had been so nice to her, but the student body just feared her.

She looked up quickly and looked out the window as she felt a sudden wave of hostility. A low growl escaped her lips and she could feel a bit of a rumble around her. Something had spawned away in the distance, she knew it. That much she understood about herself. She was destined to fight the monsters and demons no matter what. "Ugh, why am I stuck here? I can fight." She grumbled as she watched her SE flow over her hands and feet. Her scaled appendages shimmered in the fluorescent lights as she continued to try and leave the main building where she'd just been given the information about her acceptance into Esprit's students.

Looking about her, she felt more and more distanced from the students. The last four months she'd been walking around the campus as a trial to see how she'd fit in. She hadn't really had too many problems, but that's likely because the other students hadn't though she was going to be joining them. Now that it was the case, it was like she was a plague or worse yet, a monster ready to kill any of them. And that growl she'd just let out moments ago didn't help her case. Finally getting out of the building, Ophelia spread her wings and let out a pleasure filled yawn as the warmth of the day greeted her. "Thank the maker for such a wondrous feeling." She smiled and flew into the sky to get closer to the warm air. Her scales shone brightly within the sun, like a star in mid-day.

Kumi walked down the halls heading for the arena until he heard something quite unplesant. Mutterings in the halls of an animal... Using his powers to look into the mind of a student passing by, Kumi placed a hand over his mouth disgusted at what everyone was saying. Quietly, he delved into the minds of the bigots and tore them apart leaving them crying on the floor with onlookers wondering what had happened to them.

Kumi never really met Ophelia as they were in different years but he had touched her mind and could easily tell she did not deserve this sort of treatment because of how she looked. 

walking outside, he spotted her flying around, free from the judgement of others and only basking in the Maker's praise. He pulled out a blanket from his bag and a quaint little tea set.

Reaching out with his mind, he slowly touched Ophelia's mind and spoke in her head

"would you like to join me for a cup of tea and some cookies?" he asked politely through telepathy  trying his best not to scare her. 

@Kiroshiven

[SIZE= 16px][COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 0)]*Wylla Isla*[/COLOR][/SIZE]

~~~

There did appear to be someone who followed her. That strange First Year, who had some sort of ulterior motive; what with her entire dumb shtick. Still, she was here, and that was nice of her. Possibly she was still pretending, but who could say. As she ran up, Wylla spoke to her. "Quick, head to the Infirmary, and alert them that an injured student is being brought in! So they'll be ready for him by the time we get there! Go!"

Pointing down the hall, Wylla motioned for the First Year to do as she said. Faintly, she wondered if Mumei would follow the Second Year's orders. Other than being a senior student to the First Year, there was no reason Mumei should accept her authority. Though, maybe that would be the reason she would accept such orders.

With that, she focused back on the injured student, who she assumed was a First Year. He was clearly in pain. What had happened to him? She had no idea that he was the one who had taken the Advancement Test just a bit earlier. He obviously failed, if she had known. All she knew right now, was to aid him.

"Come, let's head to the infirmary," Wylla cooed softly, clutching firm to him, but not overly hard so she did not accidentally cause him anymore pain.

@Idea @Arty

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He watched for a second as she was distracted by someone else, he wasn't really paying attention to whoever it was though when she started to say no repeatedly he got this 'are you serious' look on his face, granted she probably couldn't see it. When she hit the arm rest he quickly jumped back onto another seat head rest "You know, your an odd fellow, i like you, your not the average person, I think we could get along just fine." He was pretty well hell bent on making something out of her, after all he was sure he could make a friend out of her some how, some way, or something like that "So, what do you say, friends." He was going to bug her about it for quite a while until she did something about it, either said yes or it broke out in a fight, one of the two he was going to get something out of her one way or another.

@Thalia_Neko

Sis 

~~~

46Z1Xws.jpg

Sis found her empty white gaze lingering on the blurry man speaking to her. She found herself wondering why he was even bothering to talk to her. Weren't they same-year students just last year? Why did he suddenly care about her now? It was baffling. Not that it truly mattered. He thought they could get along? Well he was sorely mistaken about that. Still, her black lips opened, asking a question in a soft, hoarse voice.

"What makes you say that?"

It was clearly nonsense. If he truly knew her, which he didn't, so she didn't fault him for that. Still, he knew she was odd. -He said it himself. Why was he pushing this? What did he get out of it? What made him possibly think they'd 'get along'? Be 'friends'?

Go on. Sis. Let's be 'friends' with him!

C'mon!

Go on!

Sis!

'Friends'!

C'mon! Let's all be friends!

Regardless of her question, the emo girl shook her head, shaking her long black hair. "No," was her answer to both the blurry male, and the tiresome voices in her head.

@las0r0o7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kenshin now was in one of the workshops working on his sword with nothing but his power, using his quality enhancement to enhance his weapon as well as repair it. He consider his quality enhancement portion of his ability to be the most practical part of his power due to the rest being just a more developed version of SE, in its simplicity lies the secret to how he passes his courses so easily. He hoped to one day get a chance to take a promotion test and catch his opponent off guard my crushing them in the fundamentals and following up with the non fundamental portion of his power. For now he can only continue going through the motions.

Inkt "Death Angel"

~~~

(ignore her right eye, and imagine an eye patch over it)

Inkt, the girl known all around school as the 'Angel of Death' or simplified to 'Death Angel'. A fateful, and slightly hurtful nickname, that stuck from her first year at Esprit Academy. The year that her Spirit Power 'Killing Intent' had wrongfully been employed against unsuspecting students. That was four years ago, when she was one of the youngest students in the Academy at the time. It just so happened when she joined, that she had no real control over her SP, and even less over her small amount of SE. That didn't change, she couldn't really control either, which was why she was held back a year, to sort that out. Something that didn't really occur.

She only sort of could control her SP, by controlling her emotions. Being a girl who was agreeable, and mild-mannered. Emotions in check, her bloody reign as 'Angel of Death' was in the past, though the nickname stuck around. Now she was a Third Year. Even though she still basically had no control over either SE or SP. She was still a very powerful Adept, and was allowed to continue her schooling.

The black-haired girl made her way into the weapon workshops, which also doubled as a smithy. A place that was where the class 'Weaponry and Maintenance' was held. Though, not right now it seemed. This appeared to be downtime between classes. Pushing open the door, she stepped inside.

Her distinct red eyes scanned the room. Usually students were in here, working on their equipment. Right now there was just a single student. Someone she did not recognize. So that meant he was not in her year. Walking over, she set her sheathed sword on the counter. "Hi," she said to him. "I'm Inkt... Though... my reputation... You've probably heard of me." The young girl said shyly, eyes down at her sword in front of her. Still sheathed, she was worried if she cut him, that 'Stigmata' may accidentally activate. Which could threaten his life. "I... well.. Just.. N-nevermind!" she mumbled out, looking up at him, with one good eye, her right covered, having lost it years ago.

[SIZE= 16px]@Raikou Kaminari[/SIZE]

Ophelia

The sun felt amazing. Ophelia could be free up here in the sky where nobody's words could reach her. She felt that instinctive desire to hunt starting to wash over her as she looked out over the landscape around Esprit Academy. It was like paradise to her and if not for the fact that she knew she'd cause problems if she flew off, she'd have likely gone. "would you like to join me for a cup of tea and cookies?" Opehlia felt the presence of someone else in her mind. As she looked down to the ground she saw one of the students she'd observed on campus a couple of times. She couldn't remember his name, but his power was pretty impressive if it reached her all the way up here. Swooping down to the ground, she felt her claws dig into the earth as her tail swayed behind her.

"If you don't mind my company, then sure." She smiled as she felt the eyes bore into her again. No matter how warm the sun, their gazes were cold and she hated it. She could tell that it wasn't all of the eyes, but it was enough. As Ophelia looked about she noticed some kind of theme among the students that were glaring at her, they were young. Most probably weren't more than first years and only a few were probably seconds. The third and fourth years that passed by acted as if she were nothing more than another student. She was thankful for their existence, including the male whom invited her. Speaking of which, she'd generally been ignoring him up til now.

"I'm sorry." She muttered as she scratched at the back of her neck, her claws sheathed so as to not dig into her skin. It had taken her quite a while to finally keep her claws retracted unless in combat. Her instincts were hard to control, but with the help of the staff she'd managed. Now she wanted nothing more than to go back and escape from the feeling of hostility. Letting out a sigh she tried to spread her wings and hide herself from the looks, it helped, if only a little.

@SKUsagi

Mira Sarthi

As the "pretty boy" third year talked, she let him get his two cents in, her eyes watching his movements suspiciously. Mira had yet to make friends there, so the conversation, while malicious, was at least entertaining. At least he dropped the act. And what was that about a first year trying to manipulate him? As he twirled his finger in his hair, she set her bag down with a thump onto the ground, it was starting to get heavy. "A firsty trying to manipulate you? Wonder what she thinks she's up to... doesn't seem like many things get past you." There was a hint of sarcasm in her tone of voice, her eyes going from dead fish to more a steely glimmer. 

When he said that he was more interested in her, a faint reaction of surprise showed on her face, a break in her usual demeanor. Even if he did sound as if he was talking about studying rather than a person. Mira recovered quickly however, her stare becoming decidedly pointed with a hint of anger, pursing her lips as he basically insults her, then smirked, taking the insult like a champ. "A dead fish huh... that is definitely a new one. A little insulting even. As for the harassment... try me. I'm good at disappearing. But you should know that right? Since you know me soooo well.." Her smirk slowly disappeared, her arms crossing, resisting the urge to slide a knife out of her bag at her feet. 

Aleister Doyle

1708649.jpg

"Why wouldn't she be able to manipulate me? I'm an airheaded person, clearly easy to manipulate." He naturally answered while moving his hand away from his hair, his shoulders moving in a shrug that clearly expressed that he didn't care that much about the situation. "Besides, I would probably do what she wants me to do if I felt that it would be amusing. That's how I am after all." He continued, completely ignoring the sarcasm on her voice.

"Oh... But I already "tried you". I mean, didn't I just make your face twitch with surprise using my misleading selection of words? That's already quite amusing for me." He stated in a simple way, the amusement faintly showing in his face while he talked. Apparently he was already satisfied with making her deadpan vanish for a second. "Oh, before I forget... I'd recommend that you keep your pointy objects in the bag. Your eyes are starting to scare me, if I react offensively by accident it wouldn't be nice."  He finally finished, his mouth curling up in a satisfied grin that looked really roguish. It was clear that he found quite the amount of amusement in the negative reactions of the girl, as he continuously insisted in provoking her.

Kumi smiled as Ophelia got closer and closer to him until she eventually landed. 

"I would love to have your company Ophelia... And don't be sorry. You must be quite the force in a battle." he said pouring her a cup of tea. Kumi never left home without his tea set or snacks. who knew if the need for tea would ever arise?

He smiled at her impressed how her SE had manifested. People called Ophelia a monster but looking into her mind revealed a gentle soul. who are the real monsters?

Annoyed at the onlooking students, Kumi used his powers to drive them away with a glazed, almost dreamy look in their eyes.

"My name is Kumi."  he said bringing out some cookies "Help yourself dear now that our onlookers are gone"

@Kiroshiven

Sis found her empty white gaze lingering on the blurry man speaking to her. She found herself wondering why he was even bothering to talk to her. Weren't they same-year students just last year? Why did he suddenly care about her now? It was baffling. Not that it truly mattered. He thought they could get along? Well he was sorely mistaken about that. Still, her black lips opened, asking a question in a soft, hoarse voice.

"What makes you say that?"

It was clearly nonsense. If he truly knew her, which he didn't, so she didn't fault him for that. Still, he knew she was odd. -He said it himself. Why was he pushing this? What did he get out of it? What made him possibly think they'd 'get along'? Be 'friends'?

Go on. Sis. Let's be 'friends' with him!

C'mon!

Go on!

Sis!

'Friends'!

C'mon! Let's all be friends!

Regardless of her question, the emo girl shook her head, shaking her long black hair. "No," was her answer to both the blurry male, and the tiresome voices in her head.

@las0r0o7

He couldn't help but to laugh a bit "I think that we have more in common than you think we do, as to what it is, I don't know yet, but why not find out" His tail was swinging from side to side a lot simply because he was in a really playful mood. His tail stopped when she said no for like the hundreth time "You know, you can't keep saying no forever, you have to get out of this little nope shell of yours, I mean, come on, there are things you should try every once in a while"

Kenshin sheathed his blade Muramasa before spinning his chair around to face Inkt who apparently was missing an eye. She should totally get an eyepatch, was his first thought. "I think everyone knows of Inkt the Angel of Death who caused several psychosomatic heart attacks. I expected you to look more Angel of Deathy, nor did I expect to see you here. Well I am Kenshin Murasame, a second year." Ken replied. "I know a thing or two about psychosomatic attacks." @Thalia_Neko

(Chika´s POV)

I nodded at the orders I was given.

"Infirmary got it. I mean, where... I was sure I was told where it was, I...."  I looked up, trembling. I pretended to take a minute to recall where the infirmary was, as I was still supposed to be in my "dumb" act, and then nodded again at the blond girl and rushed to the infirmary while she carried the boy. Most staff was busy right now, dealing with other matches taking place, in general routine posts or whatever other functions they had, as only one nurse was available in the infirmary by the time I arrived. "Miss, I, there was this student, I don´t know...and he screamed, and I was , I was told to...to...to.:..I .. "

"Shh..." The nursed embraced me, petting my hair. "Calm down, what happened. Did someone hit you?"

I shook my head, taking in a deep breath.

"No, no, I was t-told to come here and and tell you this student, we found him in after getting hurt, he was screaming for help..."
"We? Was there someone else with you?"

"Yes, this blond girl, a second year, Wylla."

"Ah, that girl. I suppose she´s carrying the other student here by herself, I´ll go and check them out. They´re coming from the same direction you were, right?"

I nodded, and the nurse let go and went to the hall. Wow, this would be even easier than I expected. I smirked, having been left all alone like a helpless frail girl in the infirmary might allow me to take things a little slower. A little lower. Just a sting before I shoved in the needle that I would eventually dedicate myself to pressing. I headed to the painkillers, searched for something deadly , or something that could get anyone sick... but I didn´t find any available. Well, it was to be expected that they would either be hidden or locked with only the nurse being able to use them. But there were things I could use. If I was not mistaken, the pills in the table, they could enhance sensitivity, they were used due to the frequent blocks that people would suffer from trying to overextent their SE, harming their connection with their body. I smirked, and seeing how nobody was around yet, I quickly took a spare needle and stuffed the thing into the painkillers. Now, they would only intensify the pain. I quickly put everything down and headed for the corridor myself, seeing how they were just about to arrive, the nurse had offered to help Wylla carry the boy.

"I couldn´t wait, I hope nothing happened, should I help carry him, I..."

@Thalia_Neko 

@Arty

Aleister Doyle

"Why wouldn't she be able to manipulate me? I'm an airheaded person, clearly easy to manipulate." He naturally answered while moving his hand away from his hair, his shoulders moving in a shrug that clearly expressed that he didn't care that much about the situation. "Besides, I would probably do what she wants me to do if I felt that it would be amusing. That's how I am after all." He continued, completely ignoring the sarcasm on her voice.

"Oh... But I already "tried you". I mean, didn't I just make your face twitch with surprise using my misleading selection of words? That's already quite amusing for me." He stated in a simple way, the amusement faintly showing in his face while he talked. Apparently he was already satisfied with making her deadpan vanish for a second. "Oh, before I forget... I'd recommend that you keep your pointy objects in the bag. Your eyes are starting to scare me, if I react offensively by accident it wouldn't be nice."  He finally finished, his mouth curling up in a satisfied grin that looked really roguish. It was clear that he found quite the amount of amusement in the negative reactions of the girl, as he continuously insisted in provoking her.

Mira Sarthi

"I think... you just like to act. Act like an airhead, act like a jerk, pretend everything is okay. Harass me, fine, I can take it. Trust me, not as bad as what I've dealt with. And if you think these," she indicates her bag, yanking it from the ground, shoving the bag into his arms with a solid thump, "Are here for me to hurt you, you have misjudged me. Those are for my protection and that is it. You are not worth getting kicked out of the only place I have ever felt safe. Who do you think you are anyways?" She huffs, he's obviously hit a trigger. No matter how much she may think about it, she wasn't a monster like her parents had called her. She wouldn't attack someone just for a few words. That isn't who she was.. even if the guy was a jerk. Mira was clearly mad, and him getting to her was almost worse than what he's said. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back