• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Espresso Lane - A Coffee Shop Slice of Life Roleplay

Kitastrophe

Kitastrophic

Thr7jjA.png

nnueupd.png

fL1yYc2.png

Espresso Lane is located off the main shopping street in Marton. An independent coffee shop competing with big-name brands (cough, Starbucks) might seem like an exercise in futility, especially when it is tucked away out of sight, and to some extent that is true. There are barely enough customers to scrape by year after year, and this could even be the last one for the establishment.

Those regulars who do frequent the small, family-friendly shop are its lifeblood. Maybe they like the coffee, maybe they like the feel of entering an establishment in which everyone knows your name and your order – there are so many possibilities. The patrons and staff of Espresso Lane form a slow, easy-going community in the middle of a big, bustling city that never stops, and this is their story.

OOC INFORMATION
A self-indulgent coffee shop slice-of-life – get your romance, fluff, hurt/comfort here! Rules are: be kind to your fellow RPers and let us know if you can’t post for a while.

ROLES
This RP is not first-come, first-served, and we will allow reservations of roles for a period of up to 3 days (for character creation). If, after that time, there’s radio silence, we’ll reopen it to a new player.

Express your interest in a role in the interest check or in the OOC. Finished character sheets need to be approved, so post them in the OOC first.

Manager VanillaSunrise VanillaSunrise
Barista McHaggis McHaggis
Barista Kitastrophe Kitastrophe
Barista
Barista
Regular
Regular
Regular
Regular
Regular

CHARACTER SHEET
Name - Self-Explanatory
Age - Self-Explanatory
Role - Eg. Barista/Regular
Sexuality - All are welcome.
Life - A brief description of your character’s life so far, the important events, and what brought them here to the city/Espresso Lane.
Relationships - A place to document pre-existing relationships with other characters (including NPCs).

interested in being a regular
Kate.jpg
Name - Kate Castle
Age - 30
Role - Regular
Sexuality - Straight
Life -Kate or Katie, currently a personal assistant for some big shot but she comes to the coffee shop with her laptop and works on her novel hoping someday she can get it published and get out of the fast past life. She grew up in the city and has a big family of several brothers in an irish family. more to be added as shes developed. can add more if needed
Relationships - none yet

I too would like to be a regular! I'm a huge coffee person and frequent cafés regularly.

CS:
Name: Desmond "Des" Weimar
Role: regular
Sexuality: "still figuring it out"
Life: Desmond, or just Des, is a college student attending a local university. Working on getting a masters in engineering, Des stops by the cafe every day to study. His adoptive parents send him money every month and he works on campus every Sunday to make ends meet. He dreams of entering the robotics industry, and his friends jokingly call him the "Patron Saint of Hipsters." He has a hard time opening up to people, but when he does, he's pleasant to talk to. He came to the city for a better life, as well as better education.
Relationships: currently none

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 7
Name - Sophie Fern
Age - 21
Role - Regular
Sexuality - Heterosexual
Life - Grew up in Marton, and currently studying music in a nearby college. Sophie often stops by every week at the cafe just to relax and watch the people pass by, and she's always up for a lighthearted conversation or a constructive debate. She's currently looking for a job just to carry herself through her studies, especially since proper sheet music isn't cheap to come by. She's an only child, and has lived in relative solitude, and sometimes has difficulty navigating in deeper relationships.
Relationships - None as of yet.

Name - Cynthia
Age - 23
Role - Barista
Sexuality - Bisexual
Life - Cynthia lives in an apartment by herself and needs to work to keep bills paid and food on the table. She has debated going to college, but has no idea what she would want to do with her life.
She grew up in an orphanage until she was adopted at fourteen years old. Her adopted family were nice enough and good people, but as soon as she was able to move out, she did. She didn't know why exactly, but she just felt like she needed to stand on her own two feet. She's quiet and often doesn't speak up unless she has too, though many hear her talking to herself occasionally.
Relationships -

Attachments

• downloadfile.jpg
    downloadfile.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 6
Hi! I'm interested in this and would love to do a barista character if possible -- I can't write up a CS right now as I'm not at my computer but just wanted to express interest and all that :^)

I'm interested in this. By the way, is it possible to RP two or three characters? I'd like to RP two or three regulars.

Name: Sarah White
Role: Regular
Sexuality: Straight
Life: Sarah is the kind of hard-working person that's always on the move. The perfect example of a busy life in the city, she always has something to do. Whether it's going to work, go shopping, or some other third thing, she's always busy. One thing is true though: she can never start a day without having some coffee at her favorite coffee shop.
Relationships: None yet.

Name: Harold Smith
Life: Harold is a easy-going, care free individual who just likes to enjoy every little thing in life. Sure, he also has his job and responsabilities, but he likes to take things easy, and just have fun. He's very friendly and likes to chat with almost anyone he meets. He has quite an appetite too, and everyone knows he tends to make the largest orders.
Relationships: None yet, though he has talked to almost everyone that visits the coffee shop regularly at least once.

Name: Julius Wright
Life: Jake is a computer savvy person who works as a programmer. He usually brings his laptop with him everywhere he goes. He's quite friendly, even though if he isn't as extroverted as others such as Harold. He's also passionate about gaming, and has even developed a couple of games himself. Usually while he's at the coffee shop he can be seen either working or playing some game on his laptop.
Relationships: None yet.

Last edited:
tumblr_p47yafG02d1wf7g7ho1_400.gif

Name -Grayson Hale
Age - 21
Role - Barista
Sexuality - Straight
Life - Grayson is kind of an all-american guy. He grew up playing sports in school, got elected prom King, etc. After High School like his Father he joined the Marine Corps and served overseas for three years. He was expected to stay longer but he was honorably discharged due to being injured during battle, long his right leg below the knee. Once he got home and healed it was hard for him to adjust to civilian life again. All he knew was he really likes coffee, so why not work at a coffee shop while he gets his life together?
Relationships- None
tumblr_o54rcgRTVl1v97eq3o3_r3_500.png

Name - Clara Bellum
Age - 19
Role - Regular
Sexuality - Straight
Life - Clara was raised in this city and has been coming to the coffee shop ever since she was little with her family. She had a normal childhood, Clara spent most of her life reading and writing. Ever since she was young she wanted to be an author or a famous romance novel. Clara daydreams of love straight out of a fairy tale but is too shy to interact with her crushes
Relationships - None so far

Attachments

• 93E31492-1B98-4CAD-87BD-ACAB5A52AA03.jpeg
    93E31492-1B98-4CAD-87BD-ACAB5A52AA03.jpeg
    433.1 KB · Views: 0
Okay, I watched Endgame I can finally go back on the internet free of fear. I will work on this throughout the day and try to have it up by end of. Thank you all for your patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back