• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Escaping Hero HQ

Computing Magus

I need a King's Rock

eye-in-darkness.jpg

It's been a while now in the dark, nearly pitch-black room hoping for everything to settle down and someone would come to the rescue for me. I was scared for my life in what would happen if I let myself get caught like Jason, Mendoza, Allie...

My eyes were perfectly adjusted to the darkness right now and can see silhouettes of objects, almost enough to tell what they were. I've been here for... 20 minutes? I'm pretty sure as soon as the sirens screamed invasion I already saw henchmen from the corridors behind me earlier. I ran with a few others but still they opened fire at us. I didn't look back. Just some of the others fell to the floor. Others teamed up and were trying to fight back but they weren't ordinary henchmen you could push around like in scenes with Bruce Lee. In fact, while running, I saw two of those fighting three of my associates. Guess what? The henchmen won. Couldn't see how they did it too, too busy being scared.

They knew what they were doing.

*footsteps*

Oh no... someone's coming. Maybe they aren't gonna enter here but in the worst case scenario... I don't want to fight back. I can't fight back. All I can really do is turn into a rat... or some other small thing, like... a lizard. Yeah, I'm doomed.

e8fe62bb8538b37fc5c82b81fdcd4894_image-cracked-open-door-clipart_1640-2132.jpeg

As dark as the intro is...
Welcome to the RP!
WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?

You live your life as a superhero in this universe, and have decided to use them for good so you join the Hero HQ...
*The building is completely underground. This is just a grand representation that has nothing to do with its looks/size/blah blah

You save and help people for a living, either alone or with friends as they need it. You know, you and your associates wear your costumes/disguises so frequently you wear it inside HQ like normal business wear (you do still wear other normal clothing).

When one day...

ALERT!!! UNKNOWN GROUP HAS SUDDENLY BREACHED THE BUILDING. I REPEAT--

The speaker stopped suddenly, and almost after that, weird looking people you've never seen before have erupted from corridors left and right. They punched, kicked, zapped, and tossed net traps at your fellow heroes. You had either fought back using your powers/weapons or you fled the scene for your life. In either case, you managed to hide yourself in a room among with a few others.

It is now your job to...
GET OUT OF THIS PLACE

...whatever you want to do after is entirely up to you. You could call the cops (lol) or re-infiltrate to save your beloved organization of super-people. If the latter, you probably shouldn't have left yet at first...

cosmo_suit_by_trufanov-d6liity.jpg

While weirdly alien looking, these henchmen are all skilled and WILL alert others in the premises if they spot an escaping hero. In the small amount of time of routing the heroes, not much is known about them. They're good but if you get the better of them you can successfully escape an encounter with them.

Feats:
Infiltrate Hero HQ with insane quickness.
While they are all alike, most were successful in capturing unique heroes
Fights cool & looks cool
The HQ is an underground organization run by six powerful superheroes centered in America. Its exact location is secret to outsiders. Still, the organization is well known globally because of its efforts. It extends to 30 floors going downwards, whilst all existing floors are all large already. The interior looks like an office building of sorts, but does have useful and aesthetic places like an innovative Training Room, Hall of Heroes, an AV Room, and among other rooms.

You are currently near the bottom-most floor, 25 to 30 (remember, you're underground).

This isn't the only building in the world that has superheroes. Other lesser buildings like the HQ are scattered around the country for those who can't afford to go to HQ all the time and other countries have HQs too. In this RP, the infiltrators decided to attack the very first HQ made.
Difficulty - 40%

Creativity - 70%

Progression - As soon as possible

Long story short...

Situation Example: You and two friends decided to walk through the hallways. For some reason. you decide to open a door.
Remember, that's not always the brightest of ideas. It could be something interesting like...
A trap of henchmen.
...in a dark room.
  1. RpNation rules apply as normal; god-modding, power-play and the like aren't allowed.
  2. Feel free to use any race, no matter how out of place they could be or even of your own creation. There will be just a few races that I totally wouldn't accept. Just don't be op, weird, edgy, etc. simply because your race is normally like that.
  3. Even if you don't post once for one and a half days (yes I will count) you'll be kicked out of the RP so as to not slow down the RP.
  4. You must promise to continue posting once you join, even when the RP is starting to feel dull or inactive.
  5. A simple paragraph of at least three sentences with decent grammar will suffice in this RP.
  6. While you can start not being with the main group, not being with them the whole time is not the best of plans although tactical separations to evade henchmen are fine.

Last edited:
Starting location: Quiet, dark canteen

Everyone in the group is hiding inside the large area. You know of the presence of each other, and know that it is currently safe to talk quietly. All of the henchmen guys are not too beyond floors B15 as you came down the building, as you noticed on the way down but you're not too sure. If by any chance you want to act, by any means you can do that now or later. Remember, you're risking the safety of yourself if you practically do anything and who knows what will happen if you get captured. You know that you don't want to, though.

The room is completely silent. You don't here any noise inside or even outside of the canteen.

If you're thinking of moving, do it quick and don't make others' greetings too long. You do need to know anyone else who decided to think this room was a safe place.

You're not sure of what floor you're currently in but very sure it is beyond B25. You took the emergency stairs on the way down instead of the elevator for safety purposes.

Will was currently ducking under the table for a while now. He saw legs come and go from the door as they entered earlier, and he was pretty sure some of the other heroes decided to take shelter here. He wasn't sure if any of his friends were able to enter this canteen, or at least had a safe place to hide.

Deciding he didn't want to wait any longer, he stood up slowly from the table trying not to alarm anyone else. Searching frantically in the dark for someone else is one thing, but this is a canteen; a huge place that could even hide ingredients in the back door or something. As he ambled towards the door, he felt the others watching him. Not knowing if they can see his silhouette or if their eyes have adjusted yet, he pulled his arm towards him signalling anyone to beckon closer.

fuil fuil Spice Spice Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Bob saw another hero motion for them to come closer. He quickly changed into his Pill Bug form as to not frighten anyone, then he moved closer and whispered into the mans mind. "Hi, I'm Bob. May I get your name?" He tried to use the nicest voice he could as to keep from creeping him out.
Spice Spice Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Base Form Base Form

Andy, having been in the hallways when the intruders first arrived, had taken shelter inside a moderately sized. It wasn't hard since she was only 5'3". As two of the intruders walked by, she crept behind them while also looking around her. She would dart into the hallway until they reached a single doorway in front of them, which they then turned and walked away. She only just managed to keep out of sight. When they left, she slipped through the doorway and found herself standing in the canteen. Absolutely no progress was made. It seems I have gone backwards. She looked around and right away spotted two other heros, one a pill bug and the other seemed perfectly normal. They both stood right across from her. She gave them a slight wave.
Base Form Base Form fuil fuil

After a few moments, the first to come out of the shadows was not even a person, but a... he was not familiar with the insect nor does he know of it at all. At first glance, it has got to be the stuff of Will's nightmares. A voice in his head suddenly spoke to him, indicating a person named Bob and thereafter inquires Will's name. He was both still ever so startled and confused seeing the form of a huge insect crept out from somewhere and he couldn't easily take in the fact it could talk, if they were the one who must have totally talked. But, he had to give them credit; they looked decently veteran-ish with such powers. He then realized he had to talk as he knew this insect must be a hero. If not, he didn't want to know and instead crossed his fingers.

"...mmm...er...I'm Will...?" was all that came out.

Followed by this was the door slowly opening. Will's heart probably skipped two or seven beats anticipating the worst. But it was a girl. Now that he remembered, Will probably saw this girl some weeks ago while he worked but never really talked to them. With a short, lazy wave of his hand he also quietly asked her to join him... err... them. Including the bug.

fuil fuil Spice Spice

The HQ's Defense doll has been dwelling silently in the canteen's grounds for quite a while now thanks to their padded boots and small size. The tried their best to fight back but the unknown threat was more powerful than they thought. The doll witnessed many heroes captured and they just watched them get captured. The last heroine ordered them to to look for another hero or heroes to command her to safety and avoid the the unknown invading intruders. The Canteen was really dark. The Doll cannot see through the dark nor adjust their fake eyes through the darkness. The Defense doll was absolutely lost inside the dark canteen. It's head bumped into one of the canteen's seats. The doll fell to floor and stood back up pretending that nothing happened. The doll climbed the seat and climbed on top of a table. The doll unsheathed their knives and banged the metal blades against each other twice making small clinking noises that echoed the hallway. The doll didn't bother to bang the blades more for they might call the threatening unknown force instead of the other heroes.

"Well Will I am a shape shifter, and no I am not human." Bob said as he watched the newcomer carefully. "And who might you be miss?" He asked the new hero. "Also what might your powers? If we are to escape knowing each others weaknesses and strengths. Also who is that making so much noise and don't say its me because I speak telepathicly."

Andy looked over at the oversized pill bug. He's a very odd type of shapeshifter. Does that mean there is no human form for him? Is his shape shifting limited? She would have to ask him later. Right now they were in a tight situation and he was now speaking to her. "I am Andrea Forelon, but I prefer Andy." She started to hear the banging, but ignored it at the moment as she hadn't finished with Bob. "My cybernetic body allows me enhanced speed, strength, and agility. Also, my original ability when I was fully human was transferring my conscious to any anything, whether it's a living organism or not. Now, I will go back and see if I can find the cause of the metallic tapping." Andy walked slowly into the darkness of the canteen and followed the sound until she felt her leg bump into and unseen object. She stepped into on top of it and slightly bumped into yet another object. This one was different. She touched it again and felt a human-like figure. She had a feeling of what it was. "Take my hand so I can guide you to the better lit area so I can take a look at who you are."
Base Form Base Form fuil fuil Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Okay, shapeshifting was a good explanation but not human is... not really sure about the feeling. Weird? Kinda cool? Will wasn't very sure.

As Will squinted his eyes through the darkness trying to see anything, he saw the girl named Andy grab hold into the small figure. Probably another hero. Then Bob said that they should tell their powers, and he thought of reintroducing themselves again since there were two new people.

"Well, call me Will. I'm pretty confident when I'm using a computer or anything else what you'd call techy but I'm simply just human. All my useful things are at my cubicle/office (not sure what the HQ has for separate people)."

Watching everyone quietly, Will, without thinking, risked a quick peek through the doors, barely opening it but enough to see the hallway across but not everywhere else.

The Hq's defense doll sat on top of the table as it waits for a hero to come. After a few seconds from banging they heard talking echoing in their hollow ears. The doll heard soft footsteps through the dark. The doll sheathed the knives and listened to the footsteps as they stare into the dark. The footsteps were now louder and closer. The doll slightly slouched as they sat. The doll felt a bump on their arm. The doll wasn't quite too surprised since they already heard footsteps coming their way. The doll's face was touched by a large hand. The hand covered their face entirely. The doll began to retaliate a bit by quickly grabbing the large figures wrist very tightly with both of their cold child like hands. It's grasping hands felt like clothing pins pinching to the wrist. The doll didn't recognize where the hand belongs to but obviously it was not one of those henchmen who were trying to capture them due to the fact how softly the hand touched them. When the large figure spoke and the doll obeyed. The doll gently loosen the grasp and slid it across the arm until they found the hand. The doll grabbed tightly to the hand with both hands instead of one. The figures hand was a bit large so they grabbed it with both hands. The doll seems to be light enough to be carried with one hand.

Fine

Will saw no one through his small peek outside the canteen. Some dim light peered inside the canteen from outside.

There were still no one else aside from the four that they could hear. It was rather quiet aside from their speaking.

Suddenly, something outside rattled violently. Still there was no voice of anyone or anything that followed. Almost after that event a couple of masculine voices was heard across the room, probably from the kitchen, whilst flashlight-like beams of light was pointing outside of the kitchen doorway. Dim light flooded a bit of the canteen as the lights in the kitchen was turned open.

Seeing the light Bob turned into his hornet form. "I think we have company." Bob said to the minds of his new friends. "Will you should hide since your tools are at your office." He lifted off the ground and prepared for a fight.

Last edited:
Will thought that he should do what Bob said. He didn't have anything much on his personage. He hid in the rear of the group, as voices came from the back of the canteen.

"...should we fight? The door out of here is near us, unless you guys are sure about this..." Will suggested. He wasn't gonna be of much help if they decided to stay and find out what's going to appear if the strangers decided to leave the kitchen. Unless they were non-hostile, which he wouldn't bet on.

The people in the kitchen appeared to have decided to come out of that room, because you saw them. They don't notice your group yet because of the darkness. But what you saw as they came out were the henchmen. Three of them came out of the kitchen.

Their eyes haven't adjusted to the darkness of the canteen yet, and you can even see the silhouette of one bump into a chair. For some reason, they aren't as smart as they look or as tough as you thought they were earlier. What were these henchmen?

Your group has the element of surprise. You must act quickly now or else lose your opportunity.

Bob sees the unsteady foes and rushes at one. He lands on the enemys shoulders and pulls back his stinger and then plunges it forward at his chest. "Die you scum!" Bob screamed into the mans mind.

Bob sees the unsteady foes and rushes at one. He lands on the enemys shoulders and pulls back his stinger and then plunges it forward at his chest. "Die you scum!" Bob screamed into the mans mind.

Bob successfully incapacitates the person, either killing or just knocking them out. The other tried to respond quickly, but instead fell over the canteen furniture, barely seeing the unknown predator nor the obstacles. The one left standing pulled out a whip of some kind, and electric coursed through it, brightening the immediate vicinity. But as soon as he saw what attacked his comrade, he completely flinched in surprise, not expecting it to be a gigantic wasp-thing.

For the moment, both henchmen are completely vulnerable but you are only fast enough to attack one right now before the other recovers fuil fuil .

Bob flew off the first man and rushed the one who armed himself with the whip. He lashed out with his stinger at the arm of the man hoping to quite literally disarm him. 'If I can get his weapon out of commission then I have a better chance of winning.' He thought.

Will watched Bob pursue the invaders of the HQ. Because of the role he held with others in the HQ, the fights were never this close to him before. It was... kinda dangerous. He couldn't do anything about this situation and just duck under a table or something. Yet, he was stunned to the floor watching the battle.

Then, he saw the small figure Andy was holding. He recognized it. It was the HQ defense doll. He approached it and wondered why it was rather standby-ish. He approached Andy and the doll and hoped Andy didn't mind if he had a closer look.

"This little thing should pursue those guys. Do I just say "Attack these henchmen" or something?" Will asked Andy

Spice Spice fuil fuil Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

The doll heard a Hero's voice. The doll thought it was a direct order for them, so the doll took immediate action by releasing their hands from the figure. With commands received, the doll quickly rolled all the way on their back and stood back up on the table. The doll ran to an edge of the table and leaped off of it with a front flip. After completing a front flip, the doll landed on the floor with both feet. The doll's landing was rather soft for a soft thud is heard.

The doll scrolled their eyes looking for an opponent that has been hunting the heroes. The doll found a henchmen armed with a electric whip. The doll decided to ignore the henchmen for it seem like a bug like creature has already have them occupied. The doll identified the insect as a hero for it is against the henchmen thing. The doll's eyes caught a similar looking hench men lying down on the floor seems to have tripped over something. The doll thought that it was unconscious and vulnerable.

The doll sprinted to the lying henchmen with full speed and kneel down over it's chest or back giving the henchmen a bit of weight. The doll quickly drew out their left sheathed knife with their left hand. The knife made a sharp ringing noise as it was drawn out. The doll secured the henchmen's neck with their right hand and rapidly and violently stabbed the henchmen's neck with full force.

Will wasn't sure of what to do anymore because of the hectic scene. Hoping the enemies won't notice, he left the canteen and stayed in the other side of the door. He opened the door a little bit to watch what was happening inside, though. This was more of a safety measure than an escape plan.

Computing Magus Computing Magus

Again, Bob managed another successful strike. The man shouted in pain and dropped the whip, which immediately shut off and the canteen was a bit more darker again. While that was happening, the HQ defense doll tried to pierce through the neck, and succeeded, but it did nothing more than scar him and didn't go deeper in their neck.

Whilst it was dark, they saw them again; the one whose arm was terribly damaged and the other the defense doll fought had his hand covering his neck. They were now in the kitchen, where the lights were still on. The next few moments were quick; they went deeper into the kitchen and closed the lights. (Anyone*) entered the room and, quickly and carefully, opened the lights. The first thing they saw was a ladder leading downwards, where a panel was removed and revealed this secret passage.

You should probably catch up with them; they might alert somebody and get reinforcements. The ladder didn't look too far deep. You can even see that it only leads one more floor below.

It might not be a bad idea to just leave the canteen normally through its door; you can escape faster via this way. Besides, they could just be hiding in fear of your group temporarily.

(Let's get this RP rolling fast; don't want it to be too short-lived)

The doll's victim escaped it's grasps. Not done incapacitating the henchmen The doll decided to followed the henchmen through the kitchen to finish the job. The henchmen turned off the kitchen's light and proceeded to escape. The light switch was far beyond their reach. The doll ran back to the main canteen and pulled the nearest chair close to the kitchen. It took them a while pull it all the way to the kitchen due to their small size and in human physique. Once the doll pulled the chair to the kitchen. The doll pushed it towards the light switch. the doll climbed and activated it. As the lights flicked open. The doll saw a secret ladder leading downwards inside the kitchen. The doll inferred that the escapees went down that ladder. The defense doll looked around the kitchen searching for pots and pans to be used for their odd plan of attack. Computing Magus Computing Magus

Bob rushed off towards the kitchen and saw the doll gather pots and pans. "Little one what are you doing?" Bob asked the doll creature. "We must go after the enemy....wait weres Will." He looked around and sighed. "Wait here I must retrieve Will." He flew out the kitchen and back out to the canteen were he saw will peeking through the door. "Come will we must catch the others or death will follow."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back