• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Escape

Robin seemed to have recovered quite well from his bite, and seemed to have forgotten who he was dealing with and the damage Johann was more than willing to do. Johann didn’t mind too much the piping up, he liked a little back and forth, but the bite was a step too far into insubordination. He pulled his hand back, not having avoided Robin’s teeth and narrowed his eyes at the boy. Johann was the one who would be doing the biting! Although, Johann would admit he didn’t mind that sort of feistiness in the bedroom sometimes, he did prefer his men to be eventually submissive.

A muzzle indeed, might look pretty on him. “Bad dogs get caged” Johann decided, going to pull Robin along towards one of their many cages. “And they only get treats when they decide to behave themselves” Maybe it would be in Robin’s best interests to play along, act good for them so he got more freedom. It was much easier to escape a bedroom than it was a cage, even if Johann tied him up or handcuffed or something, there might be something useful in his room to help get him free. Hopefully by the time that happened, he wasn’t too addicted to Johann’s bites.

Johann went to throw Robin in a cage. “You really shouod be thanking your lucky stars” Johann told him. “There are worse people to own you” like Eve. Sure Johann enjoyed violence and hurting people but not so much those that were his, he’d rather use them for pleasure, they weren’t enemies anymore.

Robin almost squeaked in alarm as he felt Johann practically drag him along. Attempting to escape the others group. It was no use, For soon enough he was being tossed into a cell. Wincing as he hit the ground. Johann was talking, And Robin slowly sat up. Lifting his gaze towards the other before growling. "F*ck you. " He wasn't going to be thankful to Johann. No. He'd escape. That he was set on.

---
Luckily for Robin. His siblings had no intentions of leaving him. Driving. Hawk had received plenty of texts from Crow. Information on the situation. But he kept his mouth shut. The silence was uncomfortable and Garter half expected the man to turn the car around. To toss them to Johann and Lucy. But he didn't, Simply drove to town. But his destination was altered. Stopping outside a hotel. Even Sam seemed surprised. But Hawk shook his head, Telling her gently. "Change of plans. Just... Stay here, And text your parents to leave. " He spoke gently. Sam was frowning. Ready to argue. But Hawk then soothed. "Just... Trust me? " He urged.

Sam's gaze softened and she murmured. "Alright, Just make sure you return to me. " Leaning closer to give her husband a kiss. Hawk then soothed. "I always do. " He promised. Finally watching Sam climb out. Taking the baby with her. He waited for a few more moments. For her to leave his view before he glanced into the rearview mirror. Beginning to drive. "They took Robin. " He explained. A certain feeling of dread settled in Garter's stomach at that. Oh, They were going to give them up. She could already tell and beginning to shake.

Hawk didn't wait long before he asked bluntly. "How well do you know the vampires home? " That question took Garter by surprise. Glancing up. Garter had been kept by the family for some time. And while she mostly only saw the inside of a cage. She had traveled throughout the rest of the house a few times. Not enough to be super confident of everythings location. Hawk then told them. "Crow has a plan, A way to cause a distraction. But while we have attention on us. You both need to go inside. And get my brother out. " His tone easily showed there was no room for refusal. Garter imagined if they did argue it would just lead to Hawk giving them up. The wolves were willing to provide protection it seemed. But that ment Garter and Mari both had to help protect the rest of the pack. Even if it ment walking into a lions den.

Mari could feel the tension growing in her. They shouldve left earlier then They might’ve all made it. They’d left two werewolves behind though and Mari didn’t have high hopes for them. She was also not feeling very safe. Surely Hawk realised how easily this could all be solved if he just handed them over? And her anxiety only grew as Sam and the baby were dropped off but they weren’t. She didn’t like where this was going.

Mari had expected to hear that they’d been killed rather than one of them taken given vampires’ dislike of werewolves but she didn’t think being taken was any better than being killed. Mari narrowed her eyes as Hawk explained the plan. “We barely got out the first time, what makes you think we can get back in then get us all out?“ she crossed her arms over her chest, she did not want to go back to that place. “What if we get recaptured without getting Robin out, then what?!” It’s not like Crow or Hawk knew the place and they would probably need backup to storm the vampires’ home.

Mari did not like this plan one bit. “It’s not just the twins we need to worry about, it’s their mother” she insisted. Even their father was a threat although he was less likely to be home. They should at least surveil the place and only try to break in when Eve and Andreas were out. Otherwise it was going to be really risky with far too many vampires. They weren’t even counting the staff loyal to the family!

Hawk continued to drive, Gaze focused on the road as he suddenly told Mari and Garter. "You'll get out because you won't be going in alone. " Though he didn't specify who would be going with them. Surely not one of the werewolves? Garter sense of smell was no where near as good as a vampire. But even she could tell the scent of wet dog. They'd be found in seconds. Hawk's hands were gripping the steering wheel tighter. Eyes narrowed. "Listen to me, And listen closely. I should just be trading you both for him. But I'm not. So don't push me. " He should just give them up. He didn't know why he was hesitating. Perhaps sympathy? The girls both looked frail in the backseat. Garter pressed closely to Mari. Trembling at the thought of going back into that hellhole.

Driving for a time. Eventually Hawk began to slow. Trees around them indicating they were once more near Hawk's home. Though not fully at the cabin. Peering out. Garter soon caught sight of Crow. She was sitting on the back of a old beat up truck. A tall man in front of her fiddling with the collar around her neck. Managing to snap it loose. Which Crow was clearly thankful for judging by the way she rubbed her neck. She was talking to the man. Inside the car the voices were muffled though and Garter could not makeout what was being said. But the man did not seem pleased.

Garter then found herself freezing a bit as the man snarled and oh- Garter knew those teeth very well. Those were vampire fangs. Memories came rushing back and she whimpered. "T-Thats a vampire. Why are y- " She started. Only to be cut off by Hawk. "He's not a vampire, He's... Something else, Something wrong." There was distrust in his voice. Glaring out of the car. But he then shook his head. "But he's also Crow's friend. " With that Hawk was climbing out the car. Moving to meet with his sister and the man. And Garter was uncertain if they were supposed to follow.

Won’t be going in alone? Well No, they’d be together she supposed but that wasn’t what Hawk was talking about. Mari didn’t like the way Hawk spoke but decided not to push her luck and kept her mouth shut. Hawk had taken a risk for them and it hadn’t really paid off. Mari frowned as she noticed someone with Crow and much like Garter she didn’t like the fangs on show. “What do you mean something wrong?” She asked cautiously. If he wasn’t a vampire then what was he?

Hawk was already on the move though and Mari went to follow, looking at the newcomer carefully. “We‘re not built for fighting, your distraction better be good, or your friend better be dangerous” she murmured, preferably both. Oh, maybe they should just make a break for it now? No, they’d be on the bad side of Hawk then and he‘d just turn them in, still, it felt less stupid than willingly walking into a lion’s den.

Mari eyed the collar that had been taken off Crow. Of course she recognised it, just the thought of it gave her chills. It was degrading and debilitating. It was a portable cage and she felt sympathy for Crow, even if she’d only worn it for a short time. “I told you the twins were nasty” she murmured towards Crow although….”you seem to have come out alright though” she didn’t look that injured, must’ve been lucky.

Hawk seemed to decide not to answer right away. Garter frowned as he just sort of left them, Much like Mari the idea of running felt tempting. But for now, Garter stuck close to her friend. So when Mari got out of the car. She was close behind, And approaching Crow and the stranger... Well, Garter was even more confused by his scent. He smelled dead. Much like a vampire, But.... different. Hawk though was saying quietly. "If things go smoothly you won't have to worry about fighting. " Which well, It was doubtful it would go smoothly. Garter was already expecting some form of scrap.

Crow and the man quieted when the girls approached. Garter only catching the last bit as the man growled at Crow. "Your making me risk a lot. Messing with purebloods i- " But then his eyes were snapping towards the girls. Yellow and dangerous, Though the man stood hunched. As if to make himself seem a bit smaller. It did not do anything to make him less intimidating. The pale skin and fangs only worsened Garter's opinions.
Crow was soon looking towards Mari. Musing. "I had been hoping to just distract them long enough for Robin to flee. I didn't realize those collars could... " Her gaze flickered down at the item and she resisted a shiver. Not being able to shift? It was something she never wanted to experience again.

Crow then explained to Mari. "The plans simple. We're going to light some junk on fire. Get attention on ourselves. While you and Cain here sneak in. I imagine you girls know where they keep prisoners. So you're to be his guide. " Garter wasn't liking this plan at all. Would the vampires even have Robin with the other prisoners? Surely they'd notice the three of them? The man who seemed to be called Cain certainly stood out. But... His scent did very much resemble a vampire. But Garter did not like him. He seemed twitchy. Constantly glancing around. Visibly uncomfortable. Cain then was speaking up. His voice a growl. "Crow, I can't... Sure, I feed on bittens. But dealing with purebloods... If they find out about me..." He trailed off. But Crow shook her head. Beginning. "Cain, Pl-" She didn't get too far. Because Garter was finally gaining her voice.

"What are you? " She didn't like this. This man smelled far too much like the things that had tormented them so much in there life. That caused Cain to look at the girls. Looking visibly uncomfortable. He seemed to be debating what to say. But in the end, He murmured. "I'm a hybrid. Between a vampire and werewolf. " His expression seemed one of almost shame. His eyes averted.

Mari couldn’t help but think Hawk was putting too much weight on this plan but she guessed he was desperate, she certainly knew what that felt like, and he’d do anything to get his brother back. What would the vampires do to keep him though? Hopefully they wouldn’t find out. It seemed their safety rested with this strange man. Mari couldn’t tell what he was, he certainly looked vampiric, perhaps he was a bitten? But no, those eyes spoke of something else and Mari had a bad taste in her mouth.

Cain. Was his name telling? Hopefully whatever hell he might bring forward would be focused on the vampires. He hardly seemed eager though, not that Mari could blame him, they were hardly looking forward to it themselves but he had his own reasons to be worried. Garter was probing and Mari narrowed her eyes as Cain claimed to be a hybrid. She supposed she could see it, those awful yellow eyes and those telling fangs but “since when do they join in union?” Although maybe it had been unwilling? Still, Cain should not be alive, might not be if the vampires found out about him. Sure, other hybrids existed, Hawk’s baby for example, but not many species had the pure hatred that werewolves and vampires had for each other. Both sides would see Cain as a taint on their bloodlines and a thing to be exiled.

Mari turned back towards Hawk. “Whilst I’m sure he’s very dangerous, the vampires will kill him if they find out” or maybe cage him, study him, he might be useful, but he was an abomination to them, she wasn’t sure they’d let him live long. “Is there no one else you can call?” She guessed werewolves might not have a wide network of friends outside their packs. Most fairies tended to stay in their groves but they knew people through trades and favours, people who wanted to use their magic or buy fairy dust, not everyone liked them though, thought of them as tricksters and deceivers.

Cain seemed uncomfortable when Mari spoke up. Shifting and almost seeming to try and look smaller. But he didn't answer. Simply shrugged his shoulders and kept his eyes on his feet. Yeah, That probable didn't give either girl much confidence in him. But Crow seemed more certain of his abilities. Pointing out. "He is dangerous, I've seen him fight. But thats not why we want him. He smells enough like a vampire. The vampires wont be on the lookout for another vampire. " Sure, His scent was different. But Crow was certain it was close enough not to raise suspicion.

But Mari was also correct that the vampires would kill him. Hawk didn't even seem to much like Cain. Though Crow was happy to vouch for him. He was something that both species believed shouldn't exist and well... If he did get killed, Hawk somewhat thought it might be for the best. Though he bit his tongue regarding that. Looking to Mari. He then told her. "We know a few other werewolves. But they are a good distance away and I'm uncertain how much good they'd do in regards to this. " two or three more werewolves would not help the group much.

Cain then was talking. Voice seeming a bit meek as he said. "I... If I do this, And they find out about me. I'll never be able to stop running. " Perhaps he'd get out alive. But he had no doubt the purebloods would come after him. Crow though reached forward and touched his arm, Murmuring. "You already live you life hiding. Please. I-.... For me? " She asked, And Cain wasn't looking at her. He seemed not to like looking directly at people. But finally he nodded. Crow obviously was relieved and murmured a soft. "Thank you... " Before her gaze snapped to her brother. Hawk was then shaking his head. "So its agreed? " Well, Mari and Garter hadn't agreed. But Hawk and Crow weren't exactly looking for there opinion. They'd help or the wolves would give them up.

Crow was then moving towards the car. Motioning for her brother to follow. Murmuring. "C'mon. I packed some things. But we should take inventory of what we have. " They might need to go shocking. Cain watched them go and Garter couldn't help but feel a bit frustrated. She didn't like this at all. But then Cain told softly. "I imagine they'll leave for town in a bit. If... You girls want to run. I won't stop you. " Cain didn't know all the details. But Crow had filled him in enough regarding the girls. Forcing them to go back into that hell hole felt wrong. Though the wolves likely would not agree.

Mari had her doubts about this plan. Cain certainly smelt close to a vampire, didn’t have the overwhelming scent of a werewolf and vampires probably wouldn’t notice the difference at that level but they might notice an extra scent even if it wasn’t a different scent. And her doubts only grew further as Hawk didn’t seem like he was calling in backup and Cain didn’t seem like he wanted to participate at all. Did Crow have something over him? Did Cain owe her a lot? Because she was making him do this despite the risk. Mari wanted to advise him to walk away and never look back. How had Crow even befriended him? Had she tried to kill him? Because Hawk didn’t seem to like Cain, understandably given his blood, but Crow seemed like his friend which was odd.

Mari noticed they’d been left out of all decisions, Hawk didn’t care what they thought because they were expendable to him, his brother wasn’t. She looked at Cain in surprise as he spoke to them. His words were shocking too. “You should run” Mari replied. “Their brother is not worth your life” Although maybe Cain should be put out of his misery? What sort of life could he really live hiding from both werewolves and vampires?

“believe me, I would love to run. But is it wise to have them chase us on top of the vampires? If they catch us then they’ll hand us straight over” She wasn’t sure she wanted to make an enemy out of more people, and werewolves would certainly do a good job of tracking them down. “But this mission is a fool’s errand anyway” she sighed. “There are too many vampires and not enough werewolves, too mwah things that could go wrong. Even if we rescue their brother, they might not be alive to welcome him back” she pointed out. Johann already had one werewolf pet, he might just kill the others.

Cain shrugged his shoulders at the suggestion. Running was a option. But... He then told Mari. "Perhaps, But I... I can't let them go alone. " He told, Gesturing towards Crow and Hawk. Seemed he had some sort of loyalty towards them. Even if he did not agree with this plan. Awkwardly Cain scratched at his arm as he listened to Mari talk. Murmuring. "I am uncomfortable at the numbers. But I'm truly more concerned about the consequences after. If we make it out, We will have certainly offended the family. None of us will be able to stop running. " Killing the family wasn't a option either Cain figured. It would just make things worse. But Cain supposed he already was constantly on the run.

Cain then finally looked towards the girls and making direct eye contact. It made Garter a bit uncomfortable. It felt like he was sizing them up. But in the end he looked past them towards his truck. Walking towards it and gesturing for them to follow. "If things go bad, I'll do my best to protect you. " Cain promised. Before hopping up onto the back of the truck and beginning to go threw a trunk. Telling them. "But you both should be able to defend yourselves a bit. Have either of you ever shot a gun before? " He asked.

Garter was shaking her head no. Peering towards the trunk, And briefly she wished she hadn't. She could smell blood and spotted blood stained clothing. Though she supposed she shouldn't be surprised. He was a vampire. But... There was other items as well and Garter got the feeling the man lived in his truck. She was so focused on taking everything in that she jumped when Hawk called. "You two, C'mon. We need to pick some things up from the store. " But Cain was lifting his hand. Telling him. "I think it would be best if they stay with me. I want to show them a few things. " He explained. Though Hawk clearly didn't seem happy with that. A nudge from Crow was enough to get him to nod. Finally saying. "Fine, We'll meet you all back here before dark. " He promised. Before going to get into his car. Crow following after.
Thus soon Cain, Garter and Mari was alone. Cain finally retrieving a pistol from his trunk. Murmuring. "I hope you both won't need to use anything like this. But you should know how. "

Cain’s loyalty might get him killed which would be a shame because he seemed like an alright guy. Maybe they should run themselves though, Cain was right that even if they were successful, the vampores wouldn’t just back off and instead might take it more personally. At least if Mari and Garter ran, Hawk might not be able to chase them down on account of being dead. Mari wanted to run, she did, but she felt bad to even think about leaving them to die. She should rid of her guilt.

Mari’s lip lifted in disapproval at the mention of a gun. They weren’t exactly commonplace in fairy culture, far too human and symbols of violence. She did not approve. But, he wasn’t wrong, a gun might help them against these vampires, it’s not like they could fight them otherwise. At least a gun might make them hesitate. She eyed the pistol, funny how it didn’t look like a death machine. “you use guns often?” She asked. What use did he even have for guns? Surely he was dangerous enough without them?

”how did you meet crow?” She deciding to inquire, she just couldn’t quite wrap her head around it. “Why did she kill you?” Okay, maybe a bit of a rude question but she was sure any one else would have killed him. Hawk looked like he still might if this went badly. He was an ungodly joining of two enemies, maybe the only reason he was alive was because he was difficult to kill.

Cain blinked at the question. Before shaking his head no. Telling Mari. "Not really, I don't really need it. But.. It makes me feel safer. " He confessed. Though Garter found that statement a little odd. Watching as Cain hopped out of the truck. The man frowned at the question but he couldn't help but laugh at the last part. Amusement suddenly showing on his face. "Well, First off, It would be extremely difficult for that entire pack to kill me. " He wasn't going to say it was impossible. Just... Difficult. Cain chose to be submissive towards them. He wasn't a confrontational person and that felt easier.

Cain then told Mari. "Crow left her pack for a few years right after she turned 18. When she left, Her mother asked me to keep a eye on her. So we were sort of a pack for a while. " Crow had eventually went home. But Cain had fond memories of looking out for the girl. Cain then said. "She's the only one of the siblings I know very well though. " Cain explained. Though clearly he knew the family longer then that if he had known their mother. Garter thus asked. "And there mother? " That caused Cain to smile almost fondly.

Cain then told them. "Yeah, I dated there mom for a while. I... Didn't know what was happening to me when my... Vampire and werewolf side started to appear. She around the same time had recently been bitten by a werewolf. So... When we met, We were both confused scared teenagers and decided to stick together." That ment Cain was older then he looked. Aging more like a vampire considering he only appeared to be in his twenties. But Garter was confused by his last statement. "You... Didn't know what was happening to you? " That caused Cain to shake his head. Telling them both. "No, I... Had no idea vampires and werewolves existed. I'd been adopted into a human family. Always seemed human until I hit about 16. Then it just... All came at once. " The memory seemed to make him shiver and Garter figured it was best not to delve to deep into such. It might open old scars. Though that did raise a question from Garter. "If you were adopted. How did you figure out you were a hybrid? " Though it might have taken him a while to connect the dots over what he was.
Cain though answered simply. "Well, I think you can look at me and tell the vampire side. As for the werewolf? Well, That was sort of easy to figure out when I turned into a freaking wolf."

Cain might not need the guns but living on your own, always having to watch out in case someone was there to kill you? Yeah, she’d maybe want a weapon too. The news about Crow surprised her. Why had she left her pack? Wasn’t it normally the men that did that if anyone? But what surprised her most was Cain’s relation to them. He’d dated their mother, who seemed to be no longer about, so he was not that young. She’d just figured he’d met Crow at a party or something.

Mari couldn’t help but frown. It must be strange to have your whole world change like that. Had he even know about werewolves and vampires before or just figured them to be creatures in story books? He must have reached a stage of no longer denying it though and thus accepted his hybrid nature. “What about your parents?” She asked. He’d said he’d been adopted, where his adopted parents now dead? Maybe he’d killed them, his vampire side taking over? Or maybe he kept his distance to keep them safe.

But, they weren’t the parents Mari meant. ”did you ever look for your real parents?” She asked. Was his mother or father the werewolf? Perhaps his werewolf parent was dead but it was more likely his vampire parent was alive. Why had he been given up? Had they not wanted to see him? Was it for his protection to stop him getting killed and had both parents known about him? Maybe his father hadn’t known he’d been born or had been a threat to his life? ”you’re supposed to be able to rely on family” she mused. “Although that certainly isn’t always true” for example, where was her family? Not rescuing her from vampires that’s for sure.

Cain paused briefly, Glancing away and he seemed to assume she ment his adopted parents, But then she kept talking and he shrugged. Confessing. "I did. But there wasn't any information to find. I was abandoned. " There was no names for him to search for. Searching around too many vampire and werewolf communities was also dangerous. Asking around would just draw eyes to himself. Something he didn't want. Cain then told Mari. "I am thankful I wasn't killed. My parents could have very well decided to end me, Or if someone had discovered me... " Cain's life had been hard. One filled with grief. But he also had friendships and happy moments he cherished. He did not want to die.

Cain then confessed. "I got lucky I wasn't discovered earlier. When my vampire and werewolf side came out... I got cravings. " That was a uncomfortable subject and he looked a little awkward. Telling them. "Vampire blood. I can drink other blood... But they taste disgusting. Only vampire blood is satisfyingly. " He was lucky the first one he had fed off of had been a bitten. Had he attacked some pureblood... Well, It would surely have led to his discovery.

Garter was frowning at the news. As much as she disliked vampires. She very much knew that was dangerous. Even if he was only feeding on bittens. It would be easy for him to be revealed. Not to mention Bittens were rather strong. So Garter asked. "Surely it must be difficult to remain fed? " Cain's gaze awkwardly flickered away. Telling them. "I uh... I have a few bittens that know me... They help me out from time to time." Feeding didn't need to be aggressive. Sometimes it was intimate. But Cain could not deny he enjoyed the hunt. So he told them. "I've also learned not to make a mess of kills. " It felt easier to refer to them as such. As if they were a wolfs prey. He supposed they were such. Cain then explained. "Store what I catch, Don't let anything go to waste. Even then. You can't hunt too often in one spot. You got to travel a bit. Or simply go hungry for a while. " Cain then seemed to realize he was going a bit too in detail regarding this. And maybe his mouth had started to water a bit. So he quickly shook his head. A attempt to rid himself of such thoughts. Looking towards the girls he then said. "C'mon. Lets go do some firing practice. "

Abandoned? Mari could relate to that even if it wasn’t in the same sense. Her family didnf quite have the same excuse though, her existence was hardly an abomination, and she was not a danger to her own species. And Cain certainly was threat to both sides of his blood. He fed on vampires, which was certainly an interesting fact, and if he could hint vampires, he could definitely hunt werewolves. Maybe Cain would be a good choice? He might be able to kill Johann and Lucy, maybe even Eve and set them free! Truly free. Except that was a pipe dream, out of reach and she was being far too fantastical about his skill set. Johann and Lucy wouldn’t be easy pickings.

At least Cain didn’t have to hunt pure bloods, he might not still be alive if that had been the case, and it wasn’t very surprising that bittens didn’t hold the same grudges against him as a pure blood might. Mari didn’t personally get it, how vampires could alienate their own kind so easily and look down upon those they’d created. It was like a parent hating their child in her opinion and she couldn’t see the sense in it.

Back to guns though. “I’m not sure guns will help, what if we don’t react quick enough?” She murmured. “And….their brother isn’t the only prisoner there. We were just two of many. And some may try to alert the vampires to our presence, get in their good books“ maybe the gun wouldn’t be for the vampires though, more a last resort to turn on themselves rather than be captured again. Mari just did not see this going well at all, there were too many ways it could go wrong.

Cain soon raised his eyebrow at Mari. Shaking his head and informing her. "Its better then no protection at all. You shouldn't rely on only me to protect you. I'm only one person. " He would do his best sure. But Cain could only do so much. He was frowning though at her next words. That was a problem. Cain imagined Robin would be held with or near the other prisoners. So as soon as they reached him they'd need to get out. Fast. It was also likely Robin might be injured. He doubt the girls would be able to carry Robin out if that was the case. So Cain might need to carry him. Which would make fighting even more difficult.

Looking at them. Cain then told them. "If that happens. I'll shape shift and bolt to the door. " A giant wolf barreling threw the halls would make most hesitate. Of course, He'd only do that if they were discovered. So Cain then warned. "Which means you have to be right next to me at all times. I won't be able to search the house for you. " The longer they were in the house after being discovered... Well, The worse things would be. Cain was also a little worried the girls might not be able to keep up. Cain was not as fast as a vampire, Even in wolf form. But he was still quick and the two might not be able to match his stride. Sure, Slowing down was a option. But that was dangerous.

Cain thus swallowed. Looking the girls over and narrowing his eyes as he asked. "About how much do you girls weigh? " Well, That wasn't a very polite question! But Cain assumed not much. Mari was also a creature built for flight. So she was almost certainly light. Garter could also take the form of a snake if need be. Cain then told Mari. "I could possibly carry you both out if things get drastic. It would be faster. But I've never had a girl ride me before. " He explained. Before pausing at his own words. Blinking a few times and his face heated up a bit. Before he began. "I-Not like... " Okay, The more Cain thought about it. The more he was regretting his choice of words.

She knew Cain was right but she wasn't convinced that they’d be much help. She supposed it didn’t hurt to have one though, assuming she didn’t shoot herself. Would Cain shapeshifting change his scent? Because that would certainly alert the vampires but she guessed he’d be doing it when they were already coming for them. And Mari did not think she would be as fast, sure she’d recovered from the running yesterday, even if her legs ached a bit, and they’d been fed but she was hardly speedy gonzalez. Her best bet was flying but she wasn’t sure her wings would support her for long what with being unused. She’d used them a bit yesterday, maybe they’d be ready enough.

Cain had another idea in mind though. Mari would say they were probably light enough, it’s not like they were fed huge feasts in their captivity. She got where Cain was going with it but he had a funny way with words. Mari arched an eyebrow at him and let her gaze scan down his body then back up. He was blushing. Mari hardly had the luxury to be prudish, not that she necessarily would’ve been without her capture, but Eve and Andras liked their pets to perform. It was really the only kind of physical affection one got either, it’s not like there was much opportunity to be in a relationship whilst imprisoned. She figured Cain probably had a similar problem in that regards as well, sure he said he’d dated the werewolves’ mother but he seemed to have been hiding his whole life, it likely didn’t give him much opportunity to look for a partner.

”Well, I’ve never ridden a werewolf before” she replied, her words certainly more purposeful than Cain’s, she couldn’t say the same about a vampire but she didn’t think he needed to hear that. “I’m sure we’re light enough” she reassured him. ”you better hope you’re quick enough” she murmured. She just couldn’t see them all getting out alive. She wanted to be one that escaped, as painful as it was to live on the run and with what had been done to them, but she didn’t want the others to die. She could see the twins killing them though, they wanted to capture her and Garter, would probably prefer to keep a hold on Robin and might even want to study Cain a bit but the other werewolves? They were of no use, only a nuisance.

Cain couldn't help but feel even more embarrassed as Mari studied him. Even Garter had her eyebrow raised. And okay, Maybe Cain had never really gotten around that much. Hadn't had many chances and well... The relationships he had been in had never lasted very long. Though Cain wasn't sure he had any interest in pursuing such things anytime soon. Mari's words still had him blushing further. But he tried to keep his thoughts clean. Shaking his head and telling Mari. "I'll be a lot faster then you. " He promised. Sure, A vampire could outrun him. But would any want to get near those terrible jaws.

Cain then decided. "I... Might as well test it then? " Cain might also need to carry Robin. If he had trouble carrying them then. Well, They'd need to come up with a different plan. Taking a step back. Cain allowed himself a moment to stretch. Shifting always felt so awkward to him. Werewolves could shift seamlessly between forms. As if their wolf form was simply a second skin. For Cain? It was not so smooth. Transforming took a bit longer. Bones had to snap and stretch in unnatural ways. At first such things had been painful, Even now that was the case. But Cain was better at ignoring pain these days.

So, Soon he was taking his canine form. Eyes closed tightly and low growls coming from him. Garter who had been quiet up until not winced at the sight. Luckily Cain was soon in his animal form. Standing up straighter and well... As painful as the shifting seemed. Garter perhaps gained a bit more confidence in the werewolves plan when she looked at him. For one thing. He was massive. With Garter coming up only to his shoulders. Dark fur covered him. Though patches of fur had yet to grow in some areas. Giving him a almost mangy look. Matched with long fangs coming from his jaws and those yellow eyes. He was terrifying to look at.
Cain was looking at them. Almost blankly. Before his normal personality seemed to shine threw once more. Averting his eyes and his long limbs shuffling underneath him. As if uncomfortable. Before he strode closer. This close, Garter could see further that transforming was not as easy on him as it was normal werewolves. There was blood on him. Spots where skin had ripped and had yet to heal. But for the most part he seemed alright, Or atleast did not notice his own injuries. Instead the canine's expression seemed almost uncertain as he realized another dilemma. It might be a bit difficult for either to climb up onto him. So he knelt down as to provide a bit easier access.

Mari had no doubt he’d be quicker but would it really make that much difference when it came down to it? And it was a smart idea to test it, see if he was capable of doing do before they launched their rescue mission. Mari watched in gruesome fascination as Cain shapeshifted into his beast form. He looked horrible. No offence to him, but this form really showed what an abomination he was. She could see how he’d be a pretty hefty threat to a vampire what with those fangs and the sheer size of him.

Cain somehow managed to make himself look almost bashful though, despite the monstrosity that he was. And oh, yeah, they were meant to ride him. Even kneeling down it was much like trying to mount a horse without stirrups, possible but not the easiest. Luckily, Mari had her wings so she managed to boost herself up and climb on top of Cain. She offered a hand to Garter to help her up behind her. She knew werewolves couldn’t talk about could Cain? He wasn’t fully a werewolf, but she wasn’t sure she wanted to hear this beast talk.

”Garter can transform into a snake” she spoke to Cain, explaining how they could be lighter should it be too much. ”and if we can get the collar off of Robin, he might be able to run out himself” although there was the possibility that he’d be too injured or even drugged to help himself out of the house. Was Cain going to show off his speed? Getting up was one thing but gripping on was another, sure she was gripping with her knees a little but a hand in his fur would probably help, except she didn’t want to hurt him and some of his skin already looked sore.

Cain felt awkward in front of the two girls. Unused to others staring at him. Luckily their gazes did not linger too long. No, They were soon moving to climb ontop of him. Mari first, Just as he suspected the girl did not weigh much. Garter soon joined her friend. Though the nymph was far more hesitant. This close, Cain could smell fear on the nymph. Without thinking his tongue moved across his jaws. But he soon shook his head and moved himself into a standing position. Taking a few steps. Cain soon deemed this as something doable. Frankly, It was rather easy to carry them. Though he was sure his back might be a bit sore later. Mari was talking. She seemed to be the more talkative of the girls. As Garter was choosing to stay quiet. Clutching her friend.

Cain could not really speak, But the wolf did let out a small huff. A signal of understanding. Time to really test this now. So Cain decided to start walking. A simple pace. But soon he was moving more into a trot. Garter was soon realizing what was about to happen. Cain was going to run. Which ment they were only going to be able to hold on and hope they didn't fall off. Cain didn't give them anymore warning. Bolting forward and yeah, He was definitely faster then either could run. Garter couldn't help but squeak a bit when he set off.

The sound made Cain's ear twitch back. But he didn't stop. A noise briefly coming from his chest that might have resembled a chuckle. Though it was hard to tell. But the canine showed little focus on them after that. No. He was simply focused on the ground in front of him. Head close to the ground. Kicking up dirt and grass behind him as he ran. No real destination in mind. Though the girls might be alarmed as they went deeper into the forest. The road soon far behind them and only trees surrounded the group.
It took a while for Cain to stop. But when he did? Cain was skidding to a stop. The soft sound of running water in the air and a annoyed sound coming deep from his throat. Seemed they had come across a shallow little stream. Walking threw it would at the most only get Cain's ankles wet. But the wolf still bared a moment to lift up his paw and pat at the water. Whining in complaint as he discovered- Yes, The water was far too cold for his liking. Thus he shook the water from his paw. Taking a step back and sitting down. Having somehow forgotten about the girls on his back. Who would probable have trouble not falling with his new sitting position.

It made sense for them to be scared but Mari couldn’t muster the energy to fear him. He was not their enemy, they had far more experienced menaces on their tails and if he should attack them and kill them? Well, that meant Johann and Lucy wouldn’t get their hands on them. Mari didn’t want to die but she would rather die than be recaptured and subject to whatever lunacy the twins and their mother thought up next. Mari gripped his fur with one hand as he started to walk, it was certainly an odd sensation and probably an experience not many had had.

When he started running though, it came with little warning and Mari was glad for the patch of fur she was griping so tightly. She stuck a hand behind her to try and grip Garter as well, afraid the other girl might fall off with the speed. Well, he was faster than she’d expected, and he didn’t seem too troubled by them on his back. Good. Maybe it would be an alright escape plan then, as much as she’d rather be in and out without them even knowing they’d been there.

Cain seemed to have forgotten They were there though. Mari frowned as they went deeper into the forest, well aware that it gave them more cover should Cain turn on them, it was not safe out here, as much as she loved forests, called them home, it wasn’t the same when a beast dictated where you were. Aybe he wouldn’t kill them though because he dint even remember them. He went to sit And with the sudden slant of his back, Mari was forcibly ejected from the ride. She released his fur and let her wings guide her more elegantly to the floor. Her wings were visible now, no need to hide them and maybe now would be a good time to practice some flying? She would’ve offered to fly her and Garter to safety but she wasn’t even sure she could fly herself, although Garter as a snake would probably be no trouble at all. “I didn’t think werewolves were scared of water” she commented aloud, having noticed Cain’s reluctance to enter the stream. She was more teasing though. “I don’t know if there are any rivers near their house, but once we escape, it might be wise to find one, we can hide our scents then” she pointed out.

Cain truly had forgotten about the girls clinging to his back. Distracted by the water in front of him. Only remembering them as he felt and heard them tumbling off his back. Mari having managed to catch herself. But Garter soon enough was ending up sprawled out on the ground. Turning his head. His ears were soon feeling hot in slight embarrassment. But he also couldn't help but be a little amused at the sight. Poor Garter in alarm was shifting to that of a snake. No surprise there. It was her natural form of defense. Cain would be lying if he said he didn't admire how easily she could shift between forms. But his eyes were soon distracted by Mari.

She was talking, And her words left him feeling a bit flustered. But the canine was paying attention to Mari's wings. They were so... Elegant. Cain might have leaned forward to sniff them. But he feared that might be a bit weird. They also seemed delicate and he did not want to risk causing her any sort of harm. His gaze then moved towards Mari. Ear flicking before he was shapeshifting. Shaking himself out as he once more regained his human form.

Cain wrinkled his nose as Mari talked. "I hope we won't have to go that far. It takes ages to dry my fur. " He complained. But it was better then being dead he supposed. Cain though was realizing something. After they left, Things weren't going to end for these girls. The vampires would continue to chase them. Cain mused. "But your right, Hiding our scent would be wise. I imagine though we'll need to lay low for a good while..." Pausing, Cain's expression turned more thoughtful. Glancing away for a moment before telling Mari and Garter. "After we get away from them. I... I'll probable move on to a different town. Safer hunting grounds. You both are welcome to join me for as long as you like. " Cain was no stranger to moving territories. He often traveled. Staying in one place for too long was dangerous. So Cain murmured. "It would be nice to have a bit of company. " Perhaps bringing them would bring more heat onto him from vampires. But he had been hunting and avoiding those creatures for a long time. For now, Sticking with him might be a good idea for the two girls.

Here’s my new kittens. They don’t have any names yet. I’m not sure what to call them. They’re two girls from the same litter and I sort of wanted to go with matching names but I’m not set on any yet. I’ve thought about Freya and Skadi. Also about Alaska, Aspen, Lumi and Nova. I thought about Sierra for one, Nevada for the other. My brother suggested Phoenix or Inca and Maya. I sort of wanted to go for something icy or nature-based, possibly to do with stars if not.So yeah, any thought or suggestions might help.E83BA041-78BA-489B-8CA4-3337BFDD76E7.jpeg4F1E65D4-F7B2-41C8-ABD1-CD9647C43A3A.jpeg
It was probably for the best that Cain did not sniff Mari’s wings, she’d had enough of people invading her personal space and her wings were sensitive. It was very much a look but don’t touch situation. Mari was displeased enough about this whole situation as it was, being touched unnecessarily would just sour her more. Cain seemed more gentlemanly than any vampires she’d me though because he was keeping to himself, just watching curiously as Garter transformed And Mari flexed her wings.

She couldn’t help but think that wet fur was a far better fate than death but what did she know? She didn’t have fur. Maybe she would know though, by listening to him complain because he was using the word ‘we’ when talking about lying low and she watched him carefully. Huh, he was giving them a choice of possibly sanctuary. Mari knew it wasn’t wise to trust strange men but Cain had similar problems to them and he could help protect them. This might actually be the break they were looking for. She couldn’t imagine the werewolves would want them sticking around, if they were even alive.

”I’d like that” Mari agreed with a glance at Garter, she didn’t want to speak for the other girl, force her into something but she figured it would be wise to stick together, safety in numbers. “I’m not sure if We’ll be able to offer more than company but we’ll try” she could use glamour to get food, although he fed on bittens so might not need that, still, her tricks could probably be of some use. “I admit, having someone watch our backs would be greatly appreciated. We’re not used to being outside of cages or having friends. And you probably know this area, this, the world even, better than us. We could do with your help”

Last edited:
(omg, They are so pretty and fluffy. <3 Freya and Skadi are really cute names! Ooh, Names are hard to suggest. Ya kinda got to get to know the cat before you pick one. They look like fabulous ladies though. So maybe some sort of princess name? Like Elsa and Anna from frozen? )

Garter was soon slithering to her friends side, Returning to her human form. But once more she was remaining quiet. Choosing to let Mari take the lead. Though Garter did find herself agreeing with Mari's words. The two... They didn't have anywhere else to go. Garter had not been free since she was a small child. It was overwhelming. Atleast Cain would be able to get them off on the right foot. The man seemed pleased with the two's decision. "The both of your company is more then enough. Its been a while since I ran with a group. I miss it. " Sure, Him and Crow had traveled together. But Crow had returned to her pack years ago and since then, He'd been much of a lone wolf. Perhaps had he wished he could have followed Crow. Joined her pack. But joining a proper pack had never enticed him much. Had always felt like too much.

Cain then confessed to them. "I'm afraid I myself won't be able to provide much besides protection and company, And a car. " Okay, Maybe a hotel room. Though Cain normally spent most of his nights sleeping in his truck. He could only hope they would not mind too much. Garter though finally found her voice. "Honestly, That all sounds amazing. " She told truthfully. Because it was far more then they held before. This was some form of security. They would not be completely safe. But it was something.

Cain awkwardly grinned at her. "I'm glad to hear. Now uh- " He paused for a moment to glance around. Taking note of their location and deciding. "We probable should start trekking back to my car. I didn't intend to run this far. " He briefly considered offering to carry the group back. But a walk might be nice. It would take time before Crow and Hawk called them. And perhaps the woods was a safe place to remain until then? The vampires were tracking the girls. But they were probable looking for them near the roads or in town. Not in the middle of the forest.

It seemed they’d be a rag tag group with not much to offer but that was okay because as long as they weren’t alone. Cain was offering some protection though and they’d honestly take any that they could. Mari didn’t enjoy putting others in danger but Cain was huge in wolf form and no doubt a threat to any vampire, there were far worse to get protection from. They’d almost be like a little family, except no because that word didn’t really mean much did it, family could just as easily turn their back on you as anyone else could.

Cain was making a good point. They were rather deep in the forest, it’d be quite a walk back. Maybe they shouldn’t though, they should stay here, run off, be free and not worry about the werewolves. Except she knew that was shady and unfair and Cain clearly cared about them. “is it difficult to control your wolf form then?” Mari questioned curiously. He said he hadn’t meant to run this far, as if he hadn’t really been in control. “Do you feel like a different person as a wolf? I couldn’t imagine having such a split persona” she mused.

”what about you Garter? How different is your snake form to your regular form? Fairies …we just are. There’s no other version of us, i mean sometimes we hide our wings but it’s not the same, we don’t really change. It’s magic and glamour, not transformation.“ she explained. “Although, some fairies can change size, but again I don’t think it’s the same thing. We don’t become something different, just….shrink”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back