• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Escape From Thulcandra OOC

The Genasi are human-genie hybrids. The ability to wield arcane magic is a major part of their society, and many of them are sorcerers. Did you read the setting notes I made? It explains most of the races of the setting.

(Also, if you want to change your race to Genasi, that'd be cool, since a Genasi Noble Wizard would make all the sense in this setting).

Lewis is also a Reclaimer (his artificer skills being great for telling what artifacts-particularly technological ones-are). Mind you, the Reclaimers aren't a very organized group (some of them aren't part of a larger organization at all; and even the ones that do often have a lot of autonomy), but this would be a place they would go looking for work. I can say that there's rumors of artifacts in the area, which any of our characters would be interested in looking for.

I did. I saw it say they have Magical power, so that's more of a reason I wanted to go there.

Alright. I'm thinking I'll go with the simplest option: Some ruins in the area were recently uncovered, and there's a Genasi noble that wants us poking around there to see what's there.

Alright, almost done. Would our characters be travelling together or would they just happen to be in the same town and have an event call them together?

Probably only just met so we can establish party dynamics organically. I'm body guarding Neon and Blu3's characters, so there's an easy connection there. Probably a recent hire though an NPC's recommendation.

Oh, actually in this setting Genasi are not human-genie hybrids, so much as lesser djinn. Still, they're genies.

Did I read the setting notes?

Rolled a 19 on Arcana. What does that get me?
You know that:
Amunet is related to royalty (about a quarter royalty), but her closer family is in the de facto a lesser noble house that's struggling economically. However, she has shown great magical power, which has caused people to respect her. The locals believe that she's her family's last hope.

You also know that she's responsible for inventing the sun ambers, orbs of amber-like substance which glow with magical energy. She based it off of the lightbulbs that Reclaimers have discovered previously. They're a bit easier to craft than lightbulbs, but the main weakness is that only mages can operate them.

The oxiwards seems fair to you guys? I just posted what exactly it does. They're one time use items that give disadvantages on spell attacks against you, but only once.

Do you decide the spell or? I mean Alana does have Counterspell ready but...

Would it be possible to get a more broadly applicable protective item? Something like, half proficiency bonus vs magic on non-proficient saves?

I'm not looking for anything broken, just something that defends against magic the same way armor defends against normal attacks.

Would it be possible to get a more broadly applicable protective item? Something like, half proficiency bonus vs magic on non-proficient saves?

I'm not looking for anything broken, just something that defends against magic the same way armor defends against normal attacks.

Maybe, but I'm not aware of such an item ATM, or what all would be fair when making it.

Looking at the defensive items in the Dungeon Master's Guide, I can see two rings that grant similar benefits.

The first is the Ring of Evasion, which grants a user 1d3 chargers per day to automatically succeed on a failed Dex saving throw.

The second is the Ring of Spell Turning, which grants Advantage vs spells that target the wearer (but not AoE effects). Additionally if a 20 is rolled on a save and the spell is 7th level or lower, it reflects back at the caster.

Using these as precedent, I feel we have 3 options:

1: As Ring of Evasion, but instead 1d3 per day auto succeed vs magic.

2: As Ring of Spell turning, but only Advantage, no reflection.

3: As both, but 1d3 rerolls with Advantage per day of a failed save vs Magic on a failed save.

Also, in the interest of keeping the thread going, we can forego my character buying an item for now and come back to the shop later. Or have it be a acquired somewhere else.

Also, in the interest of keeping the thread going, we can forego my character buying an item for now and come back to the shop later. Or have it be a acquired somewhere else.

Of course! I'm kind of liking the Oxiward salesman as an NPC, so I'm going to hold onto them.

Uh, yeah ... Haven't been getting my notifications apparently. Have we already started?

Also, currently at work so I can't post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back