• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Escape From Thulcandra OOC

Protagonist

One Thousand Club
Here's notes on the setting:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_m02k8DOSAJ1e3XxPf8nyItU4nEndnRwd8AKrLOvl5M/edit?usp=sharing

Character section:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/escape-from-thulcandra-characters.339568/#post-7979952

Our characters will be a group of adventurers (Likely Reclaimers) who are trying to find pieces of a space ship. We all woke up one day with some sort of mysterious technological or magical instruments leading us to meet each other and give directions to find pieces of a space ship. It will likely start with us meeting somewhere.

If you have any questions about the campaign or the setting, ask away!

Last edited:
Question, guys: How well do you want our characters to know each other?

We could start as characters who knew each other growing up and became reclaimers together. I think that'd be fun. Or we could be people who don't know each other and are just meeting. What do you guys think?

I could go either way. I've got a level 6 fae rogue(arcane trickster) who specializes in false identities, scams, and confidence schemes.

Also; Fae base speed 25 or 30? And can we use subraces?

EDIT: because if my "fae" is a high elf, I net one extra cantrip.

EDIT: also, are we going to be playing combat-heavy or roleplaying-heavy? Should I focus on utility or combat skill?

Last edited:
I could go either way. I've got a level 6 fae rogue(arcane trickster) who specializes in false identities, scams, and confidence schemes.

Also; Fae base speed 25 or 30? And can we use subraces?

EDIT: because if my "fae" is a high elf, I net one extra cantrip.

A Fae's base speed would likely be 25, given that's the default speed of small creatures.
You may use elf subraces.

I'm a bit tempted to make "High Elves" be "Cyborg Fae" in this setting, since high elves are associated with light IIRC and light in this setting is associated with technology. Just give your character a cyborg eye or arm or something.

Out of curiosity, may I ask your character's alignment?

EDIT: also, are we going to be playing combat-heavy or roleplaying-heavy? Should I focus on utility or combat skill?

Generally, utility-based skills will be their most useful when we're in towns. The areas between towns can be very dangerous, and are often filled with bandits, undead, and dangerous animals such as dinosaurs.

Forgot to mention, but I'm wanting to have dinosaurs be common in this setting, because dinosaurs bojazzle well with me.

In any event, I'm not sure how combat-heavy this RP will be; as I like combat quite a bit but also think that utility is highly important.

I'm a bit tempted to make "High Elves" be "Cyborg Fae" in this setting, since high elves are associated with light IIRC and light in this setting is associated with technology. Just give your character a cyborg eye or arm or something.

Out of curiosity, may I ask your character's alignment?

Hmm ... also, I'm now slightly confused about what our game world actually looks like.

So, as far as I understand it, it's a dark-ages/renaissance fantasy setting wherein the current society has access to the limited technology they can find in the now-ancient (like ... thousands of years) ruins of a previous, high-tech progenitor society who suffered some kind of techno-apocalypse that killed their technology and separated them from their larger, intergalactic society >deep breath< In addition to virtually destroying their civilization.

How close am I?

Hmm ... also, I'm now slightly confused about what our game world actually looks like.

So, as far as I understand it, it's a dark-ages/renaissance fantasy setting wherein the current society has access to the limited technology they can find in the now-ancient (like ... thousands of years) ruins of a previous, high-tech progenitor society who suffered some kind of techno-apocalypse that killed their technology and separated them from their larger, intergalactic society >deep breath< In addition to virtually destroying their civilization.

How close am I?

You're pretty accurate, actually. Unsalvaged Thulcandran technology generally ranges from "Middle Ages" to "Steampunk". Firearms exist, but swords and bows are still the #1 way wars are fought. The steam engine has been invented, and there are a few trains here and there.

The most advanced societies are The Dwarves, The Tritons, and New Zion. New Zion (which claims to be a remnant of the pre-cataclysm government on this planet) is the most advanced of the three, and is able to make clockwork robots and cyborgs and such. However, even New Zion's technology is obviously inferior to old Zion's technology (which ranges from 'modernish' to 'very much sci-fi')

Something I'm trying to decide: in this setting Paladins of good deities are obviously called Paladins. Paladins of evil deities will be called Blackguards.

I'm trying to think, what should Paladins of neutral deities be called? Argonauts? Judges? Champions? Something else?

Hm, guys: I found a few technologically-inclined classes I might add to the list of playable classes, perhaps to replace or supplement the artificer: The Mad Scientist (I'd have to alter the flavor on it somewhat as it's an evil-themed class, but is still workeable) or the Scrapper (from a post-apocalyptic setting).

What do you guys think? TBH I kind of like them more than the artificer class.

Attachments

• Hypercorps_2099_Wasteland_The_Scrapper_Class_(11673878).pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • The_Mad_Scientist_Class_Playtest_(5E).pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
This still up? If so I was thinking either:
Half-orc Bard or Human Wizard.

Also, If were rolling for stats I can set up a dice room?

This still up? If so I was thinking either:
Half-orc Bard or Human Wizard.

Also, If were rolling for stats I can set up a dice room?

Yes, this is still up and you're more than welcome to join.
I really should get around to putting it on the character thread that we're using 27 point buy.

Currently, I don' think there will be Orcs and Goblins in this setting, but Dragonborns and Kobolds will basically take up their role as the brutish warrior race that tends to form troublesome bands of raiders.
I could totally try to devise a half-Dragonborn if you want, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back