• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Escape From Thulcandra (Characters!)

Protagonist

One Thousand Club
Setting Notes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_m02k8DOSAJ1e3XxPf8nyItU4nEndnRwd8AKrLOvl5M/edit?usp=sharing

Making Your Character:

It's recommended (but certainly not required) that your character be a Reclaimer, a person who looks for ancient artifacts. Reclaimers can come from pretty much all races, alignments, religions, etc.

Rules for Characters:
: I'll allow all alignments, but there are some rules regarding evil PCs, such as:
A) You have to have standards, even (especially) if you're CE. Generally, crimes to avoid are things like murdering children or pregnant women, rape, spree killing, unprovoked pleasure murder. Examples of acceptable evil would be: stealing, contract killings, selling contraband, and worship of evil deities like Apollyon (so long as you don't work for the Enigma).

B) Your character can't betray the party without my permission. If you're wanting to play a character who will betray the party, PM me. Again, you can justify a CE character as considering the other PCs as "too fun to betray".

#2: Accepted Classes:
-Everything from the player's handbook.
-Death Clerics and Blackguards (Antipaladins). For Blackguards, use the oathbreaker paladin archetype, but worship an evil god.
-This version of the artificer: http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/SyF1G_gPg
-Also, spells in this book are acceptable: http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA_ModernMagic.pdf

#3: Firearms are reskinned crossbows, unless you're playing an artificer gunsmith (who has a special firearm to themselves).

#4: Eastern weapons are acceptable, and recommended for Androids and Monks. Just reskin normal weapons in the player's guide and call it good (for example, a katana is a longsword).

#5: Speaking of which, I'm tempted to rename the monk class to the "ninja" or "martial artist" class, but I'll leave that to you guys, whatever you feel like having your character be called.

#6: We'll be starting at level 6 and using 27 point buy.

#7: Accepted Backgrounds:
-Everything in the Player's Handbook
-The "Haunted One" Background from Ravenloft.
-I'll take these on a case-by-case basis: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_Backgrounds
-Anything else I'll take on a case-by-case basis.

Homebrew Weapons:
Shotgun: Simple, Ranged. 1d10 Bludgeoning Damage, Loading, Range (30,90)
Pistol: Use Hand Crossbow
Carbine/Light Rifle: Use Light Crossbow
Heavy Rifle: Use Heavy Crossbow

Submitting your Character:

-Character Name:
-Link to CS/CS information:
-Image or description of your character:
-Character's Backstory: (if you want anything to be secret, message me)

Attachments

• The_Mad_Scientist_Class_Playtest_(5E).pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Name: Lewis Xander
Appearance:

19075031_1203326549777463_206194479_n.png

CS: (See Attachment)
Background:

Lewis grew up a bookworm. He spent hours away in the church's library, reading about the greats of history and the adventures they'd go on. However, he found that he was always a bit too, well...he wasn't very tough, and had no talent for magic. Not many people thought he could become a great Reclaimer.

However, he was undeterred. He studied the sciences and became an expert craftsman, eventually forging a very special magitek firearm, designed to let him be a competent force on the despite his physical weakness.

Attachments

• Lewis Xander CS.pdf
    208.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Name: Lucas
Level: 6
Race: Human
Class: Fighter (Champion)
Background: Urchin
Alignment: Lawful Money Neutral

Grew up homeless, stole to survive.

Enlisted in the military when came of age, showing talent at obfuscation and infiltration.

Eventually was removed from service following a scandal with one of the generals.

Sells his skills as a private contractor.

Basics
Str 11 (+0)
Dex 18 (+4)
Con 14 (+2)
Int 13 (+1)
Wis 16 (+3)
Cha 10 (+0)

HP: 60/60
Hit Dice: 1d10
AC 17 = Leather Armor 11 + Shield 2 + Dex Mod 4

Proficiencies
Proficiency Bonus: +3

Saving Throws
Fighter Class: Strength, Constitution

Equipment Proficiencies
Fighter Class: All Weapons, All Armor
Urchin Background: Disguise Kit, Thieves Tools

Skill Proficiencies
Fighter Class: Perception, Insight
Urchin Background: Slight of Hand, Stealth
"Skilled" Feat: Medicine, Persuasion, History

Class Features
Core Features
Dueling - +2 damage rolls w/ one handed melee weapons

Second Wind - w/ bonus action, once per turn, regain 1d10+(Level) HP. Recharges on short/long rest.

Action Surge - Take two action/bonus actions on turn, recharges on short/long rest.

Ability score improvement x2 - (+2 Dex), (+1Wis, +1 Cha)

Extra Attack - One free attack per turn

Archetype Features (Champion)
Improved Critical - Attacks Crit on 19 or 20

Inventory
Scimitar: 1d6 Slashing
Leather: AC 11
Shield: +2 AC
Hand Crossbow Handgun: 1d6 Piercing
Light Crossbow Rifle: 1d8 Piercing
Disguise Kit
Thieves Tools

500gp

Explorer's Pack (Backpack, Bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, water skin, 50 feet of rope)

Last edited:
JayTee JayTee We'll need a picture and a backstory.

EDIT: Oh, actually, the light crossbow would be a short rifle or a carbine. The hand crossbow would be a pistol.

Bows remain bows in this setting, though. A handy guide for you:

Hand Crossbow = Pistol

Light Crossbow = Smaller longarms such as carbines and shotguns.

Heavy Crossbow = Bigger longarms like heavy sniper rifles.

Last edited:
Alright, character is pretty much done, just have two questions for you;
1) What is, if any, the addition wealth we gain for starting above 1st lvl?
2) Are you allowing Feats?

Alright, character is pretty much done, just have two questions for you;
1) What is, if any, the addition wealth we gain for starting above 1st lvl?
2) Are you allowing Feats?

#1: I'm gonna say 500 GP.

#2: Hm, perhaps. We are level 6, after all. JayTee JayTee , want to add a feat to your CS? I'll say everyone gets one free feat.

Most of it checks out. There's a few formatting problems, though. With weapons, you put the name of the specific weapon on the left side, the attack bonus in the middle, and the damage on the right. Having said that it's still quite readable.

The rifle is a light crossbow and the pistol is a hand crossbow, correct?

Protagonist Protagonist Lol, yeah, but I couldn't stand the look of only three weapons being listed in the proper slots, and one being in the extra space below ... it just didn't look right. And yes, the guns are the hand crossbow and the light crossbow.

latest

"H-hi there! I'm A-Alana Elama! I u-used to be a n-noble child but not anymore.... but I hope I can help a-any people that were hurt t-that day."

Backstory:
Wip. You got the basics. Ex-noble. Kingdom overrun by bandits and she was forced to escape. Now working odd jobs.

CS: (Attachment)
(Tell me if I'm missing anything.)

Attachments

• Alana.pdf
    811 KB · Views: 9
Blu3 Blu3 : So far, so good. Some questions to ask:

#1: What made her want to go into magic, out of curiousity?

#2: What kinds of odd jobs? Is she a Reclaimer?

Blu3 Blu3 : So far, so good. Some questions to ask:

#1: What made her want to go into magic, out of curiousity?

#2: What kinds of odd jobs? Is she a Reclaimer?

#1: She was always fascinated by it. She wasn't really the royal type so when her parents saw her start to take interest into it, they clung onto that and got any wizard in her kingdom to teach her magic. Maybe to get her out of her shell. She still loves it :P

#2: I would think. Maybe there to identify anything they bring to her. Doing what they tell her to do. I mean she is decent at stealth. If that helps :P

#1: I'm gonna say 500 GP.

#2: Hm, perhaps. We are level 6, after all. JayTee JayTee , want to add a feat to your CS? I'll say everyone gets one free feat.

What's this I hear about a free feat? I just have the one from Variant human. This still up for grabs?

Can we use spells from princes of the apocalypse and anything from swords coast?

I have created a written sheet but I can't figure out how to get a character sheet on docs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back