• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Escape From the Abyss OOC Chat

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
It is a nice system that keeps a player from rolling a dozen times until they get the result that they want and then posting that. Once you've rolled, you can't delete the roll and redo it.

MFW there’s ten prisoner NPCs that you would’ve had time to interact with in the week+ you’ve been here. Might just post their names and a brief synopsis and you can tell me if your character would have tried to make friends with any of them.

Beorin is a friendly kind of guy; he'd at least be pleasant to the fellow prisoners.

Well, there’s another dwarf from your hometown there, so she’s gonna talk to YOU regardless.

i just remembered to do the item roll, so let's see how this goes!

1+9 = 10
a single gold coin. well okay then!

The NPCS:

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 4.40.46 PM.pngBuppido--a middle-aged male duergar. He only speaks Dwarvish & Undercommon, but attempts to communicate with surface-dwellers by speaking in VERY. LOUD. SLOW. UNDERCOMMON. Whatever he's saying, it seems friendly.

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 4.40.22 PM.pngDerendil--a quaggoth who, unlike most of his kind, is wearing clothes.

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 4.39.51 PM.png Eldeth Feldrun--a female dwarf who tells anyone who asks that she's a military scout from the dwarf kingdom of Gauntlgrym. Delighted to see Beorin.

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 4.41.47 PM.png Jimjar--a male deep gnome who will definitely talk to you, even if you're trying to avoid conversation. Speaks fluent Common.

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 4.42.44 PM.png Ront--young male orc.

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 4.44.00 PM.png ??? --a drow male who looks like he's recently had the shit kicked out of him. Has so far not spoken a single word to any other prisoner.

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 4.44.55 PM.png Shuushar the Awakened--a male kuo-toa, though he's much more well-spoken and peaceful than the any kuo-toa you've met before. It's actually kind of creepy how calm he is about the whole situation.
Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 4.46.48 PM.png ???-- Is that a walking mushroom??

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 4.47.39 PM.png Topsy and Turvy--two deep gnome siblings, who mostly keep to themselves.

pointlessly I was considering gnomish before going with infernal as the language from my background. The main reason I went infernal is tiefling can also have hooves like a satyr. Yeah my language choice wasn't made for what might be the most useful language to know.

Psychie Psychie You have that flint shard—if you break it into pieces, I’d say you would be able to use them as a substitute lock pick, although the DC would be high to open the lock.

You could try to pick the pockets of the guards when they come to gather us up for our chores. That might be worth the effort.

Psychie Psychie You have that flint shard—if you break it into pieces, I’d say you would be able to use them as a substitute lock pick, although the DC would be high to open the lock.
If I did that, would I be able to get the bonus I have with thieves tools with them?

Nice nice nice!

Having been here for a week or more, you would all know that there are always three guards in the stalactite tower across from the slave pen. At the moment, they're distracted by eating their own breakfast. Psychie Psychie , are you trying to be stealthy about picking the lock? If so, make a stealth check. The DC is 14.

Stealth Check at +5

Bah. This roller is trying to get us killed. Can I use a second Luck point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back