• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Escape From the Abyss OOC Chat

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I was hoping that we could start a mass escape of the lot of prisoners, but no one else has posted that they are making a break for it.

I'm not much of a fighter without a weapon, with the hope that I would be able to open up other doors in our path as everyone runs out. But I can join you in taking on the one guard if you'd like. I suspect that we are not going to be successful in our first attempt at escaping, and will have to see what opportunities come up in the future - assuming we both survive this.

i can potentially help fight the guard! apologies for not posting sooner, things have been a bit hectic on my end.

dm, would the guard with a crossbow happen to have a visible melee weapon by any chance? weird question but i swear i'm going somewhere with this.

TBH, I don't think I can take this guy on. He's got a +7 on his to-hit, which means he is probably at least level 5. I am hoping that once I get knocked out, I will be able to make my Death Saves and have some other means of getting out of the cells.
That's probably a good call. In that case, D. Rex D. Rex you will not be able to use that ability, since it only grants advantage on attacks, not other actions.

If anyone else would like to act simultaneously to Beorin, feel free. However, this guard is going to try and grapple him to drag him back into the cell. Sherwood Sherwood , if you are resisting, it's a strength check, DC 18.

i can potentially help fight the guard! apologies for not posting sooner, things have been a bit hectic on my end.

dm, would the guard with a crossbow happen to have a visible melee weapon by any chance? weird question but i swear i'm going somewhere with this.
Missed your question earlier! All the guards are carrying shortswords.

If anyone else would like to act simultaneously to Beorin, feel free. However, this guard is going to try and grapple him to drag him back into the cell. Sherwood Sherwood , if you are resisting, it's a strength check, DC 18.
Whats the check and DC to kick him where the bioluminescent mushrooms don't shine?

Your legs are like 12 inches long, so I believe that would be acrobatics.

I'll go ahead and fight back. Beorin is no quitter! At least, not until my hit points are heading into the negatives.

( Noam Noam )

Trying to inspire other prisoner's into action.
19 (Roll) + 2 (Persuasion) = 21​

Attempting to forcibly take Jorlan's crossbow.
7 (Roll) + 4 (Athletics) = 11​

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood Good try! However, at the moment, you are considered grappled. Go ahead and use your second wind if you want!

eldritch-flowers eldritch-flowers As you run past, one of the other guards gets an attack of opportunity against you, which he will make with his sword. However, he misses.

Dethrix Dethrix You do not manage to wrestle the crossbow away from Jorlan, but you and Beorin are now flanking him. The other prisoners are inspired by your words, and are going to start to flee or fight as well.

At this point, we are in combat! Go ahead and give me those initiative rolls, folks.

Noam Noam quick question, would Jorlan perhaps get disadvantage the next time there's a contested athletics check due to now basically fighting off two people? I'm just trying to see how much of a beast this guy is.

I'd say that either of you would have advantage on a contested athletics check, since yeah, he's got two people on him. You also have advantage on attack rolls due to flanking!

Also, I'd like to give everyone a heads up. Alakdyn does have a class feature that enables healing (Lay on Hands), but it's nothing clerical and is extremely limited. So that it's not blown on one character, I plan to use it as a hail mary. Essentially, Alakdyn will try to use this ability only after an ally drops to 0 in order to bring them back up (that goes for himself as well, but when he gets dropped to near 1 HP).

oota combat 1 diagram.png
apologies for the ms paint, i wanted to make this quickly.

Noam Noam , is this roughly the current layout of combat? i want to make sure i'm not confused about where people are.

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 1.53.54 PM.png

Word, yes, here's a map. The baddies are purple, y'all are yellow. The glowing green stuff is the fungus lighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back