Erik Fechner

Donder172

Three Thousand Club
Alias: Erik Fechner

Legal Name: Unknown

Appearance:

Erik is 1.70 meters tall and wears a blue shirt and blue jeans. He looks like he's around 30 years old, though with many scars. He is light/medium muscular build and has short, light brown hair.

Erik has no costume.

Powers/Signature Move:

Ageless: Erik hasn't aged since he was 30. Even though he is over a hundred years old, he still looks like he is 30.

Regeneration: Erik can automatically heal his wounds.

Night vision: Erik has the ability to see better at night. He can use this at will.

Power Limitations:

The time Erik needs before his wounds are healed depends on how many wounds he has and how severe they are. He cannot regenerate entire limbs.

His night vision has similar disadvantages as night vision devices, it cannot be used during day because very bright lights (like sunlight) could temporarily blind him.

Abilities:

Erik's main strength is his experiences over the course of his live, having fought in both World Wars at the side of Germany. In the Wehrmacht, he had the role of a machine gunner. Having a lot of experience with the MG-42.

He had military training at least twice, once before WWI and before WWII. He took up also skills in the trenches and at his time in the 9th army.

Weapons/Gadgets/Tech:

Erik has no equipment of his own yet.

Though he does own a pocket dictionary German to English.

Weaknesses:

While he has many experiences from the past that helps him, it does not come without bad experiences. He has mental scars left from moments of life, such as his time in the trenches during WWI and the Soviet offense during WWII.

Rank in G.S.U.N:

Recruit

Short backstory (how they got their powers and found G.S.U.N):

Erik was born in Berlin around 1892. While not much is know about his youth, nor if Erik is actually his name.

What is known is that he was conscripted into the German army in 1910. He took part of the Schlieffen Plan as a soldier as well as fighting on the Western Front. He fought in brutal trench warfare against the Allied forces until 1918. Before the final offensive, he was injured and incapable of fighting. He, like many Germans of his time, was angry with the Treaty of Versailles, as it meant Germany could only have a limited army. He was discharged from the army and had a rough time since as the German economy dropped and dropped. It became harder and harder to financially survive. Yet there was still a light point in his live. He fell in love and married in 1922. When the fascists rose up in Germany, Erik joined the military again as it was rebuild. Having faith in the newly formed German empire. He was placed in reserves and didn't saw much combat. In 1940, he was assigned into the 9th army. There, he saw little combat until 1941 when the 9th army was involved in Operation Barberossa against the Russians. Advancing until Smolensk were they stood until 1942. During the Soviet offensive, the 9th army lost many soldiers. Including many people Erik worked with since the start of the war. After the offensive, the 9th army went into an unsuccessful counter-offensive. And since then withdrawally fought the Russians. During this time, the 9th army lost 40% of its soldiers. Reinforcements of German soldiers redeployed from Italy came, but it was already too late and they were pushed all the way to Berlin. There, they had two options. Being captured by the Russians, or trying to break through the Russians and trying to cross the Elbe to surrender to the US. Erik was one of the soldiers who managed to escape Soviet captivity and surrendered to the Americans. There, they had a bigger chance of survival. During his time in the Wehrmacht, he learned that his hopes and dreams of a rebuilt Germany were only an illusion. To make things worse, his wife did not survive the Battle of Berlin and was killed by Russian artillery. It left him in a depression, which wasn't getting better by the Cold War and Germany being split in two. Erik lived during the Cold War in the western part of Germany alone and paranoid about the situation. At one point after the Cold War, he received mental help by the GSUN in Germany. He stayed there until his treatment was finished not so long ago. When he was released, he did some research on his own and found out what the GSUN is and returned to the GSUN in Germany to join. He was then send to the GSUN HQ in Los Angeles.

Basic Personality (include their motivation to be a hero and their mental and emotional strengths and weaknesses both physical and mental please!):

Erik is a kind man and not afraid to speak his opinion. He has a bitter hatred towards neo-nazis, as he believes they are following a tyrant. He cares a lot for his friends, as he lost so many. Having outlived almost all his friends, which haunts him. He already lost almost all his friends from the 1940's if not all already. While he is against war, he does not shy away from fighting if he has to. He prefers quiet places over loud places as it reminds him about artillery strikes from his time in the war. He also has the urge to spend as less as he can.

His motives to join the GSUN is to make up what he did wrong. Feeling he has to to pay for what he did in the name of Nazi Germany. And the events before, during and after WWII still haunts him. Hoping that the world improves and that there will never be another war on a scale as the two he fought in. But he has little hopes it will actually work the ways it is going. He feels the world is getting close of making the mistakes of WWII.

While no longer in the army, he does have the urge to talk a bit as if he is.

Family:

Parents: Deceased

Brother: Deceased

Sister: Deceased

Wife: Deceased

Romantic Interests:

He had a wife, but she was killed. Since then he had no love interest.

Allies:

The GSUN, WWII Veterans

Rivals:

Enemies:

Theme song:

Optional:

It is unknown IC if Erik is his real name or if he has changed names throughout his live. Though it is very likely he did change his name.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ageless"

I don't like the idea of immortality....Can this guy ever truly die?

Additionally... That's not a weakness... That's a character trait... Sorry man, gonna have to say an outright no for now.

and your telling me he was lucky enough NOT to get killed in BOTH world wars!?!

and your telling me he was lucky enough NOT to get killed in BOTH world wars!?!

He was wounded during WWI. And he did survive WWII. It is possible to survive, though his chances were slim and he would have most likely come to near-death situations more than once. As well as having the mental problems that come with both wars.

[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)]"Having outlived almost all his friends, which keeps bothering him"... That's probably putting things too lightly...[/COLOR]

@Donder172 Assailant and I are both finding a multitude of problems in this CS where it comes to consistency and how flushed out it is. To put it simply, I have to say it feels unfinished. I don't think we can accept this yet. Sorry

It's a lot for me to get into. First off, it seems very unlikely that he survived both world wars... Especially, if he was on Germany's side (not sure if he was German side, but that's what I interpreted)... And that raises another question. Why would he be a hero?... (Just the tip of the iceberg)

It's mostly just areas that don't seem to connect or add up quite right.

It's a lot for me to get into. First off, it seems very unlikely that he survived both world wars... Especially, if he was on Germany's side by my understanding... And that raises another question. Why would he be a hero?... (Just the tip of the iceberg)

As I said earlier, it is possible to. Unlikely means it is still possible. But he would most likely be, one out of a hundred.

He wants to do something good for once. He would most likely be aware what the nazis did during WWII, which he more or less defended without really knowing. So he wants to do something to pay back for what he did. And taking that the GSUN helps people, he joined them. It would be unlikely he would be a villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back