• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Era of Conflict

Kasierwolf

So this is just something i'm spit balling here, basically shooting for a long term political/nation building game that goes from the early 1900s to the early 1980s. Players can form their own country, cultures, religions, ethnic groups etc. Due to limitation on my end, i'll be using a map restricted to a single continent, if we do get to the point of having enough people interested to warrant more land i'll see about adding a new continent. For now i'd like concentrate on a smaller area where interaction is key. Time will progress monthly, each month being a year and players allowed to post daily on the happenings of their empires such as domestic political development or technology being researched.
A few rules will be implemented to prevent blatant abuse but other than that its up to the player base how the roleplay proceeds.

1. Nuclear weapons are a no go, in this setting, nuclear research is simply centuries behind. Aside from that explanation, its primarily to prevent nuclear abuse.
2. During wars, players have to wait for their opponent to respond before launching another attack/action. However if a week passes the active player gets to roll another action.
3. If a player nation is conquered during a conflict, the player can either roll to another location as a new nation or roleplay the resistance in that territory till liberation occurs.
4. Random events will be handed out weekly, these could be a player's nation getting a new technology early, having an important person rise to prominence in their country or have rebels attempt civil war.
5. Each rolled nation will receive 3 key resources. For example oil, without oil a nation cannot field motorized units. They can either trade for this resource with another nation or attempt to annex land that does have oil.

At some point, i'll try to work out a proper economic system.
There's 1.6 billion living on the continent so try to have some realistic population totals with that in mind.
Open to suggestion and just seeing if there's any interest in something like this.

The starting point will be January 1st, 1914. Technology is limited to the time period.

Map is from Ace Combat. Due to its sheer size, Osea can be roleplayed by multiple players as a federation of territories.

osea.jpg

I feel like there only being one continent severely cuts the importance of navies, which in this era were a very important thing for an empire to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back