Episode 3: School of Hard Knocks

Mitch Castle

Mood: B R U H

Tags:  @Lazy Rocktime   @Captain Hesperus @Elenion Aura

Without any warning, Mr. Klaus entered their classroom. He sat on the teacher's chair as if trying to tell them that he is their 'replacement teacher'. He greeted the weird boy from before, calling him Travis before requesting them (or maybe just the weird kid) to give him the summary of their... interesting discussion. Travis gave a quick reply, talking in gibberish with a mocking German accent. Then he finished with the fucking Nazi salute.

Mitch stared at the boy, eyes wide in surprise and a little bit or horror mixed in it. She looked at Mr. Klaus. He looked as calm as usual, but she doubted he has the same feeling inside his heart. He then took out a pink permission slip, wrote something on it, and gave it to the Snow White (new kid). He said something- no more like telling her, to go home 'as fast as she can' and mentioned something about 'emergency meeting'.

Should she worry?

Yes, she think she should.

A hug, Snow White leaves, and Mr. Klaus attention is brought back to them.

"Daniel Travis, son of Sgt. Michael Travis, a great man unfortunately taken too soon in the line of duty. You've said some...interesting things just then, young man. When I entered, I assumed you were legitimately leading the class into a thought-provoking discussion that absolutely needed to be had, but now it is clear that your intentions are merely to instill anger and invoke a fiery reaction."

Mr. Klaus said. He sounded like he's scolding Travis, this stupid troll standing next to her, with controlled emotion and cold anger. Then slowly, a certain sweet smell could be smelled. Mitch frowned as she glanced around the room looking for the source of the smell. It's definitely not a farm. It's not a perfume, either. Then as if helping her, Mr. Klaus gave something that sounded like a warning- or a goodbye. "Unfortunately for all of you, you've succeeded in just that,"

Mitch covered the lower part of her face immediately, with both her hands. Mr. Klaus's power... Poison? That what everyone said, and she couldn't exactly just ask about it can she?. This is poison, then? What kind? ... Ah, she shouldn't ask that too. Lethal, of course. Probably something that makes her think that she should've tackle Travis before he gave him the nazi salute. 

Okay, okay. Calm down. They can open the window, that's one. But they have been exposed to the poison for two minutes or more now. She doesn't know when will the effect of this poison will start to kick in... If it's lethal, she needed to save herself. And Morgan. And maybe Travis too. He's a jerk but she cannot let him die and have tomorrow's headline filled with the story of an 'accidental death' inside a Political Power Class. How exactly someone died inside a debate class?

Okay, okay... If he's a poison user, then naturally Mr. Klaus would be immune to poison, right? Does his body naturally create an antidote and or antitoxin for the poison he created? Probably, or maybe he created and released a poison and then his body just followed naturally. Making small changes inside his body so he is immune to his own poison... And then she could feel something inside her body. Something... different.

Seems like she has successfully copied his power, and thus his immunity to poison.

Danny Travis

Mood: VICTORIOUS.

Triggered. Danny felt it the moment he popped the Nazi salute and saw Fritz's face freeze. Yeah, fuck you too, shitbag. You think you can come in here, call me names and get away with it? Suck it.

Danny watched as he gave Bird Girl a hall pass and dismissed her. Now the pseudo-sinister threats and grinning, then...

That smell.

Danny remembered something about this guy. Years back, when he'd first been forced to attend Facility 108. There'd been a cheery little handbook that detailed the various members of staff and the more obvious of their powers. Klaus vos Scheiffer: Gas Generation. Danny's eyes began to sting just a little, his throat tightened as something burned at the back. He glanced over to the other girl in the room.

"You better leave.", he said simply, "Because Reikmarshal von Gas Chamber here is just proving my point. Supers. Are. Monsters."

He took a deep breath of the tainted air and started on a rant, most probably his last rant, but fuck would he make it epic. If this was going to be death, he'd not go quietly.

"Typical of a 'Super', if I can't respond to something I don't like, I'LL JUST KILL IT! AND FUCK THE COLLATERAL DEATHS!", he bellowed, letting his voice fill the room as rapidly as vos Schiffer's gas, "Just like at Owens Mill! Fuck the bystanders, let's just go for the highest kill count. You're all fucking worthless pieces of shit!"

He stepped closer to the counsellor, leaning forward over the desk, til they were face to face.

"Be a fucking man, Heinrich, for once in your spineless, bottom-feeding life. Kill me like a real man would! Or is that too hard for you, you fucking emotional eunuch?", Danny snarled, his lungs straining as they were flooded with every breath he took, "Just prove to me and the rest of the world, you're just as great a threat to normals as those fucks in the powered suits. You can't even handle rude words, you asshole."

Danny felt something rise in his throat and he spat a gobbet of blood at vos Schiffer's face.

"You think you can wave my father's name in my face as something to shame me? Fuck you, he was ten times the man you'll ever be, shitface. Go crawl back under a fucking snake's belly, you motherfucker!"

Danny's vision was starting to grey out, his brain starved of oxygen and flooded with toxins.

"I..."

He slumped to the floor.

"Fucking."

He wheezed and vomited up a mouthful of blood.

"win..."

Danny Travis' head struck the floor and he stopped breathing.

Mitch Castle

Mood: Angry

Tags:  @Lazy Rocktime   @Captain Hesperus @Elenion Aura

Travis took a deep breath and loudly made his epic, glorious final 'fuck you' to Mr. Klaus. Not just him, probably also to the supers all around the world even if they couldn't witness this moment. He spat, she could see blood. His wheezed and slumped to the floor, vomiting blood out of his mouth. Then he stopped ranting and stayed still. All that and she's still standing. No blood, no bleeding, no pain from anywhere in her body. Her vision still normal, too. She did it, she copied his power!

Mitch kneeled down, next to the boy. He had seen this coming, he wanted this to happen. Then she looked at the new girl, Morgan. Still standing, she still looked fine so she guessed that the poison has yet to reach her brain or worse. "Are you just going to let him die? Die to prove a point, to prove that he is right? She's going to die too, you know. Two deaths in AEGIS, at the worst possible timing."

"You can make antidotes, can you? Antitoxin? I knew you can, i can feel it... That might sound a little bit weird, but it's true. I copied your power, sir." She stared at the teacher. "If you doesn't want to save him, then i will. But i need you to guide me, teach me how to use your power. I'm not going to let us be the mistake he wanted us to be, you know. The monster everyone feared us to be, and the demons Raguel wanted us to die as."

"He's a jerk, but i want to save him," Mitch paused. "Or at least try."

9c711d56-db0b-4c94-84f1-54ab54a11be0_zpsvjuqtuam.jpg

Hunter Red Ward

Nearby: Sam ( @Lioness075 )

Disposition: Better...

A slight smirk crept onto Hunter's face as the tail sunk into its destined target.

"Now you're starting to learn." he casually spoke, as if there wasn't a sharp implement of semi-murderous intent sticking into his shoulder blade.

"Not everyone can charge in. Some are destined for more subtle approaches."

He reached up to where the tail had entered and gave a slight chuckle, tugging at the bladed limb.

"Well, it would look like you got far enough to get stuck in my defense."

With a long inhale, Red yanked hard on the tail away from the shoulder, causing it to be forcefully pulled out, along with a metallic chunk remaining on the tail. A temporary souvenir.

"Now. Do you think you can garner any simlar success against someone fighting back?"

37738a96-702e-4666-a3d5-dd7c8d758ce8_zpsvw186j0p.jpg

Jordan Short-Tempered Brahn

Nearby: Allen McNabb ( @Bag o Fruit )

Cecilia ( @Necessity4Fun )

Disposition: That's it, this isn't getting me anywhere...

Instead of continuing with the cavalcade of misery in front of him, Jordan decided to instead do the next best thing.

The ' next best thing', included leaning back in his chair and tacking away at this phone under the desk so his abomination of a teacher couldn't see.

Eyebrows

Hey. 11:30AM

Wanna explain something to me? 11:30AM

Image Sending. . . 11:31AM

The FUCK is this thing doing teaching a class? 11:32AM

Klaus vos Scheiffer

Mood: Educational 

Tags: @Captain Hesperus @too much idea @Elenion Aura 

Klaus watched the boy fall down and suffocate with the blankest of expressions. In his mind was one question. How'd he bite the dust so fast? He was doubly sure that he emitted a 'lowkey' iteration of his poison gas so as to not immediately kill him and everyone in this room, but hell, he croaked anyway. Left him no fun of the torture. How very curious and disappointing for the man. "Fascinating," he muttered as if he was observing a scientific phenomenon and not the dead or rapidly dying body of an adolescent Caucasian male. "It would appear his body reacted prematurely to the invasive bacteria and the rapid asphyxiation was too much to handle. Not the reaction I had hoped for."

He heard a girl address him, almost scold him. Mitch Castle, the superpower burglar, if he recalled correctly. She probably copied his powers beforehand, and thus his immunity to poison, but the such a gesture was moot anyway since he made sure to keep his poison gas non-lethal. Sure, it caused bodily irritation and problems with breathing, buuuut you know. Non-lethal for the most part. She expressed her desire to save Travis from the throes of death, which was admirable considering who exactly she was saving. This one had a great future. He opted to ignore her morality ramblings for the moment and focused on her main query, saving Danny Travis.

"So you've copied my abilities. In that case, young lady, your bodily fluids now function as a universal antitoxin. Your blood, sweat, urine, saliva, tears and ejaculate. All can now function as potent mediums of ridding one's body from toxic substances. My toxic substances especially." Klaus knelt beside the fallen Travis, beckoning Mitch to come over and do the same. His hands moved to his jaw to open his lips.

"If you truly want to save him, you're going to need to do it fast. May I recommend kissing him?" he casually suggested. "An oral trade of your curative saliva with his is probably your best bet given the circumstances and you can quickly follow it up with artificial breathing."

Aaron Mallory

Nearby: Tabitha, Mary, Eve, Luci, Victoria, and Gavin Dabbs?!

Mood: Oh dear god, is that the position of the moon?

@s @Teh Frixz @Aldur @ViAdvena @KingHink @Manic Muse @RemainingQuestions

Looking up to see if Tabitha had heard him, Aaron noticed the moon over her shoulder. It took a moment to realize why it gave him such an odd feeling merely to see the moon. Then it struck him: with Tabitha so close at hand, her pull was nearly drowning out its influence! He smiled and stepped a bit to the side, feeling the familiar tidal tug rushing back. As it did, he suddenly realized the angle it was making to the sun. Without thinking, he blurted out: “Oh shit, is that the time? Sorry Mary, science will have to wait, I need to get these practial tests done in time for getting back to the classroom for course evaluations. Eve, could you hook this thing on for me? I don't think Tabitha can quite hear me.”

He tossed the cable vaguely in the direction of his teaching assistant and spun back around to speak to the newcomer. “Mr. Dabbs, if that is in fact your name, keep back for the moment please, but I'd quite like to chat after class if you're amenable?”

He spun back around, nearly tripping himself up in the process and hurried over into the trap he had so recently vacated. Holding up a hand for scale, he studied his creation a moment, considering. Judgement made, he rested a hand lightly on each of the steel girders of the trap and gave a gentle push. Instantly, the jaws of the trap swung open, sailing skyward and coming to rest just as the latch engaged. He stood by the trigger.

All right Mary, we are suddenly in a crashing hurry (no pun intended) so I will serve as both villain and victim if that is ok with you. Trap in motion on the count of two, stop it if you can!”

ONE...”

Tabitha

Her heart was beating in tune with something, she wasn't sure what yet but the pounding rhythm in hear ear was drowning out all other influence. It took more than a few moments of idle contemplation, feeling her body out and just relearning the feeling. With her mind wandering, it took the shout of a countdown to snap her back into the reality of the situation. Her eyes glance down. Mr. Mallory in the trap, people obviously had been trying to get her attention, and the trap was set to kill. She didn't quite fully understand his powers but Mr. Mallory wouldn't have been doing this if it wasn't dangerous and here she was just daydreaming. 

A rush of panic overtakes her mind, Tabitha suddenly planting her foot and leaping into action. Consider the gun jumped.

She didn't go in to hold it this time, panic making her make a quick decision. She grows just enough more so the fabric of the toga-like covering strains against her, her arms coming around to the ends of the trap. Each hand taking the end of the swinging bits, first Tabitha groans, then the metal as she starts bending the trap upwards and against itself. Her strain is evident in her voice as she cries out to the teacher below. 

"IGOT IT MR.MALLORY DON'T GET CRUSHED!"

A bolt somewhere snaps as the metal continues to groan and buckle against both her muscle and applied weight. 

Penny 

Tapping twice on the enter key a notification pings across the school chatroom, even going so far as to pop up in registered school mailboxes. 

FWD FWD FWD: 

ATTN: 108

Subject: FUCKING NAZI SUPER POWER KILLING STUDENT WITH GAS ZYKLON B OVENS NEXT??!?!

Attachement: 108PPclass.mov

Good god it was nice working cameras sometimes. Plus if Danny didn't die, she could tease him forever for being literally gassed by a German. She hits the send key.

An instant later she realizes maybe this wasn't the best time to release footage to the general public. 

Aaron Mallory

Nearby: Tabitha, Mary, Eve, Luci, Victoria, and Gavin Dabbs?

Mood: Welp, time to head back to classroom... Is that my phone beeping?

@s  @Teh Frixz @Aldur @ViAdvena @KingHink @Manic Muse @RemainingQuestions

He is about to shout two, when Tabitha suddenly springs into motion. Growing an aditional 10 to 15 feet and thundering forward to grab the trap's jaws, her voice sounds a little panicked as she shouts "IGOT IT MR.MALLORY DON'T GET CRUSHED!"

Before he can react, she has already got hold of his contraption and is bending the jaws upward as hard as she can. The girders take the strain, barely, but the tension is too much for the connections and bolts and rivets start to shear off at several stress points.

TABITHA! N-!”

It is too late for shouting. In a few more seconds the whole thing will fly apart, with potentially disastrous results for bystanders. He grabs two of the cross braces and yanks it hard enough to sheer the pins in the pivots in half. The stress is released violently, but directed downward toward him, which is harmless enough. He deflects the rain of of bolts and cross bracing with a casual flick of his hand, careful to deflect it away from the rest of the class. Tabitha is left holding the main girders and pivoting braces as the rest of the structure collapses in a heap.

THANK YOU MS. CRANE, THAT WILL DO! PLEASE SET DOWN THE GIRDERS, TESTING IS NOW CONCLUDED FOR TODAY.”

Dusting himself off he strides out of the ruins of his testing apparatus. No matter. He and Eve will build a better one for next week's class. He beckons in the remains of his class with a sort of “huddle up” gesture. As they drift toward him, he calls out, “Well, nothing for it now but to head back to class to fill out class evaluations. Be ready for even MORE crazy tests next week though. I can't even imagine what I can come up with Ms. Knox's help.”

One by one they join the circle. As he is about to thank them for their hard work, his phone chirps. Then Eve's, followed shortly by all the student phones with near simultaneity. Something about the synchronicity gives Aaron a feeling of deep foreboding as he pulls out his phone and unlocks it to see who is mass texting his classroom...

Luci Tolbert

@Gus @Teh Frixz @Dekay @ViAdvena @KingHink @Manic Muse

Luci was walking back towards the action of the class when Tabitha heroically saved Mister Mallory. He was pretty sure that her test was already done, but she saved the teacher. That, despite pushing the trap past its bending point, was a good thing. Luci looked up to her, both literally and methaporically, for seeing the danger, and saving the person. This class, despite what it had been before, with the paper tests, was clearly doing some good now. The trap, on the other hand, was clearly destroyed, and Mister Mallory survived the impact of debris, somehow. Maybe his superpower was simply being indestructible. But then, that didn't explain the way he was hard to see sometimes, like light itself bend around him.

The death of the trap also stopped the rest of the tests going forward. Luci was both relieved and disappointed. He wanted to see how he would measure out, but with Mister Mallory standing in the middle of the trap, he was sure he would fail. Maybe that would be the one thing he couldn't survive. His light, Luci noticed, was solidifying, like it had in the mall and like it had when he focused on his hands, but this time it seemed to do so instinctively, like gooseflesh. He hurried closer to Mister Mallory, though his promise of even crazier tests hardly calmed him down. And then all the phones went off at the same time. His phone had been buzzing before but never had it happened this synchronously before. Luci felt even more unsettled as the offending technology burned in his pocket. At least the news couldn't be as bad as the call that morning...

.msidebar{float:right;}
.mooc{max-height: 0px; overflow: hidden; transition: max-height 0.5s linear;}
.mbanner:hover + .mooc, .mbanner:focus+ .mooc{max-height: 300px; padding:0 10px; }
.mooc:hover, .mooc:focus{max-height: 300px; padding:0 10px; }
@media (max-width:400px){
.msidebar{float:none; margin:auto;}
}

ZT4ay68.png

Marianne Ross

School's backyard

Company:

@Gus @Teh Frixz @Dekay @KingHink @Manic Muse @RemainingQuestions

Too deep in thought about many ways the portal experiment could be done, Mary overestimated the time she had. Needless to say, she was a bit bummed that the experiment had to wait for the exam first. Or at least that was what supposed to happen, until Tabitha destroyed the death trap.

"Well..." Mary rose her brows at the (fortunately controlled) destruction near them, "...then we are looking forward for even crazier tests next week. Thanks, Mr. Mallory, Miss Knox." She clasped her hands and smiled. "By the way-" she wanted to ask if she also could continue the portal experiment next week, but the synchronized buzz of everyone's phone caught her attention first. Frowning a bit, she took out her phone from her pocket and read the notification. A familiar username, followed by-

Subject: FUCKING NAZI SUPER POWER KILLING STUDENT WITH GAS ZYKLON B OVENS NEXT??!?!

Wow, now THAT was a clickbait title. Mary casually opened the attached video, didn't really think the title was meant to be taken literally. Until the video displayed a student that vomited blood and fell down inside what was obviously a 108 facility class. Either Political Power class or Emotional Composure, judging from the lack of speakers or metallic furniture. Staring in shock, Mary read the timer on the footage. Wait, just a minute before?! 

"Sir!" Mary showed her phone screen for everyone to see. "Right now someone is dying inside class!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron Mallory

Nearby: Tabitha, Mary, Eve, Luci, Victoria, and Gavin Dabbs

Mood: Zero time.

@s   @Teh Frixz @Aldur @ViAdvena @KingHink @Manic Muse @RemainingQuestions

It takes a second to understand what he is watching in the video, lurid subject line notwithstanding. Once he realizes what he is looking at however, his train of thought jumps its tracks. He is no longer a teacher. He is a blue card. And there is work to do.

He drops his phone and points his palms to the school, feeling its mass, feeling for the hollow places that are classrooms. Mary is saying something. She sounds upset, but he does not quite hear the words. Political Powers is the classroom next to his. Third from the right. The stairwell window is there, facing Asher's classroom. So... 133 feet west should get past the hallway, 35 feet south would be directly under Denzils class. 15 feet up from there. Bingo. He takes a deep breath and reaches for the moon.

Nothing happens.

Shit.

Should have kept in practice. Apparently teleportation is NOT like riding a bike. Walking will be too slow. Seconds count here. He surveys the class, old habits kicking in hard. Take stock of your resources. Make a plan of attack. Execute. There is a slight moderation, a voice in the back of his mind that whispers to him“Aaron, they are just children. You can't put them at risk!” The part of him that is suited to his new profession, the kindness and the patience, is swept aside. Training takes over. They will be stronger together.

Alternate test starts now Mary. We'll get to do some science after all. I need a portal into Political Powers on my mark. I can feel the classroom, but I can't make the leap myself. One hundred thirty three feet west, 35 feet south and 15 feet up, from right here, got that? That will put us in the middle of the class, facing the windows. The desk will be just here, in front of the window.”

He gestures, outlining the classroom with his hands, indicating the desk and window.

Victoria I want you right here behind me. Here is your alternate test: I want a brief burst on the near side of the desk. That should put the desk through the widow which will help to ventilate the classroom so that no gas backwashes towards us.”

He turns to the Tolbert boy, codename glowstick.

Lucius, can your force field protect you from gas? The current agent appears to affect the lungs, so holding your breath should be sufficient defense. That is what I will be doing. But if he has a contact agent, he might be able to drop me before I can get Danny out of the room. You are my back up. If I drop, get Danny to McNabb's classroom and fetch Riley, the security guard. If I stay conscious stick with me and help get Morgan and Mitch out. Hold your breath the whole time, ok?”

He pauses for a second, his mind racing. What else? Consider all the angles here. Life or death. Split seconds. No mistakes allowed.

Eve. It is possible Klaus has gone rogue, or been mind controlled. If he brings the fight to us, I need him contained. As soon as I am through the portal, make a trench on this side of it. If he comes through, have Tabby slap him down into it, then cover him over before he can poison her. If that doesn't work, Victoria, you are their back up. I know this is harder than it sounds kiddo, but this is life or death. If he is coming after our class, I want you to let him have it. Everything you've got: drop him before he drops you. One last thing: If there is a mind control agent at work here, it is possible I will be compromised. We cannot allow that. I will grab Danny and go out the door. If I do anything else, assume I am being controlled. You can't hurt me directly; I'm as indestructible as it gets. But you CAN take out the floor under my feet. A fifteen foot drop should take me out of the fight. If it comes to that, Eve, you help Vicky with making that hole all right?”

That's everything, right? Every angle they can cover at least and still leave time to save Danny Travis's life... Anything else he was missing? ...The visitor!

Young man, Mr. Dabbs? Stand back and watch. If you want to get involved in the lives of supers, this is what it looks like. Be warned. All right, Mary, give me the portal... now.”

He settles into as close to a runner stance as he can manage, and prepares to charge.

01b84069e5e7800a39b9ce7629032a53.jpg

Page Morgan

Interaction: @Giyari

OOC: Sorry for the LONG WAIT

"Please, have a seat. What's on your mind?"

There she stood, almost defiantly.

The dim outdated lighting of the hallway, competed with the even worse lighting in the Director's office. The door had come to a stop, after softly bouncing against an off-white, aged rubber stopper on the wall behind it. Page stood behind the open chair, refusing to sit. Staring at the man several years her senior, not to mention her boss.

There was a moment in which, her inner filter screamed to reconsider blurting everything out. It was a short lived instance that died, as Page inhaled deeply and the words started to roll.

"Mr. Swan, I understand that I have no right to tell you how to do your job. I have little experience in these matters. Hell, I was not even in the country when the attacks happened here, just a few weeks ago. I understand, you are someone who has seen the horrors of battle, protecting our rights. You or that Red, most likely, have done things that would give me nightmares. However, at the end of all that, this is a school! A place of instruction. We are here to simulate dangers in controlled safe exercises. To give these people and 'these Children' the confidence and skills to make their way through this world. I do not see how, having a battering ram of death erected in the back of the school, and sending these children into it with some Brand New instructor, is a safe or a wise act! A new instructor, who has not even signed a single form from the welcome packet, mind you!"

There was still more that Page wanted to say, but she left it at that for the moment. Biting the inner corners of her lower lip, ridged tension grew in her body. Page was attempting to prevent any nervous tick from bubbling up. She was determined to stick to her guns. In the seconds that ticked by, the middle aged woman could not help but feel like she had just talked back to a parental unit. That is when a wave of emotions sloshed about within. The loss of her father tugged at her still tender heart. What felt like a stone, seemed to grow in her throat. Page attempted to clear her throat and adjust her hair. Anything to distract from the crashing waves of unprocessed emotions, that threatened to make an eruption of tears. Suddenly, the only thing that rolled through her mind was, "Don't you dare fucking cry, Page Morgan. Keep it together. Be a Bad Ass!"   

.msidebar{float:right;}
.mooc{max-height: 0px; overflow: hidden; transition: max-height 0.5s linear;}
.mbanner:hover + .mooc, .mbanner:focus+ .mooc{max-height: 300px; padding:0 10px; }
.mooc:hover, .mooc:focus{max-height: 300px; padding:0 10px; }
@media (max-width:400px){
.msidebar{float:none; margin:auto;}
}

ZT4ay68.png

Marianne Ross

School's backyard

Company:

@Gus @Teh Frixz @Dekay @KingHink @Manic Muse @RemainingQuestions

Despite the direness of the situation, Mary almost smiled at Aaron's detailed instruction. People usually only give her general distance with vague direction, which will result in hundred meters miss from the intended spot. The instruction and the fact that she had been in Political Power classroom before made things much easier. "Thank you Sir," she sharply gaze forward as she visualized the distance, "That's very helpful."

With a snap, a wide portal flashed open into the classroom.

Riley Z. 

While an interesting sanctuary for a while, Riley couldn't just sit in here forever. The chemical outbreak, at least on her end, was contained and she was starting to get weird looks just sitting there in the bathroom. I mean, she waved hello to at least three students and not one wanted to wave back. Then again, she was awkwardly laying atop the sink. She makes a little 'haumph' sound before landing on her boots. The harmony of which matching perfect with the sudden ding of her phone letting her know she had a few new emails and a school alert actually. Not a common thing for her to get, most of her information and alerts came straight down in a direct message. 

A few taps of her screen soon explained why. Riley curses loudly before booking it out of the lavatory and towards the political powers classroom. It didn't look overtly aggressive but you quickly learned that there could be worse things than overt physical power around here. The only other thing irking her as she ran, fiddling with her inhibitor, was the lack of a set time frame for her abilities. Would she need ten minutes? Would she need an hour? The definite lack of information was a problem. Today was already shaping up poorly but with something like this? A possible dying student? Icing on the cake. 

Her heart skips a few beats as she decides to play it safe and give her body an hour, there must have been a little anxiety floating around because the cooling rush of alprazolam starting seeping into her brain. Her steps slow a bit before a jolt of methylphenidate brings her steps backing into pace. Once again, Riley goes tearing up the halls of 108, her boots leaving a series of black scuffs as she passes. Reaching her destination in no time at all, she sees the flash of a portal opening up in the room before she runs bodily through the door. 

Glass and wood splinter with a couple good sized pieces lodged in Riley's right arm. This was somewhat planned though as already a cocktail of painkillers, coagulants and antipathogens were hitting her. Her eyes go wide as she takes in the room, spotting the downed kid first. 

"Alrighty....Whats GOING on and WHAT can I do to help?" 

A rousing battlecry for sure. 

/monthly_2016_12/5845175541809_GavinADabbs.jpg.7826fbffcd27a1e92175351574d6800d.jpg

With:  @Teh Frixz @Aldur @ViAdvena 

@KingHink @RemainingQuestions

Gavin Dabbs, the young man had only just arrived on the campus of AEGIS 108. Several papers from his art portfolio had escaped and blown across the court yard. Coming around to the back of the main building, he quickly found himself staring at a girl. A large girl, wearing nothing but a large tarp. It was certainly not something you see every day. Despite what the news in the last few weeks would have suggested. Gavin gawked at the odd contraption and back at the girl for several takes, before he thought he heard his last name shouted out.

"Bah-ha-bah-Dana Dabbs!"

Turning his attention toward the man that seemed to be instructing the exercise, the spindly teen closed the distance but left a safe cushion of distance between him and the machine. It had seemed the bristly haired man had addressed him but the instructor also was caught up in working with his students. Gavin's gaze drifted over the students involved in the class. The wheels in his mind spun, working to label each of them with a different super power. Then his name came up again.

“Mr. Dabbs, if that is in fact your name, keep back for the moment please, but I'd quite like to chat after class if you're amenable?”

Gavin was a bit taken a back for a moment. It felt odd to have a stranger know him by name. Heat from his body seemed to redirect, right to his cheeks. Feeling the threat of a blush, his hand shot up to the back of his neck, giving it a rub.

"I er, yeah. Ha, sorry. Yes, I am Gavin, Gavin Dabbs. I was hoping to talk to someone here about an internship or something of nature. I don't mind staying at all."

No soon had Gavin awkwardly introduced himself, did the next phase of testing commence. It seemed it was the large girls turn to show off her skills. Though, in what felt like the blind of an eye, Mr. Mallory and the giant had reduced the contraption to a mangled mess of metal.  Gavin's mouth went dry as he looked down to his shoulder bag. Beginning to wonder just how far in over his head he was, Gavin shook off his nerves. This was where he wanted to be, a place with purpose. The class began wrapping up and it seemed he could finally get words with the instructor, when several of people's devices chimed with a new notification.

Coming to stand beside a blonde student, he was able to pick up a bit of context about something that was going on inside a classroom of the school. Listening to the other's get dealt out their instructions, Gavin stared at Mr. Mallory.

“Young man, Mr. Dabbs? Stand back and watch. If you want to get involved in the lives of supers, this is what it looks like. Be warned. All right, Mary, give me the portal... now.”

Really? He was just suppose to stand aside, while this happened? Lame. Gavin was here because he wanted to make a difference, not stand on the sidelines with all the other non-supers.

Attachments

• Gavin A Dabbs.jpg
    Gavin A Dabbs.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 0
Mitch Castle

Mood: Nervous

Tags:  @Lazy Rocktime   @Captain Hesperus @Teh Frixz @ViAdvena @Gus @Elenion Aura

ps: the kiss!

"So you've copied my abilities. In that case, young lady, your bodily fluids now function as a universal antitoxin." That's good... She can save them.

"Your blood, sweat, urine, saliva, tears and ejaculate." She frowned, a little bit disgusted, but she listened still. "All can now function as potent mediums of ridding one's body from toxic substances. My toxic substances especially."

Mitch followed Mr. Klaus, who knelt beside the fallen troll. She watched as he moved his hands to his jaw to open his lips. "If you truly want to save him, you're going to need to do it fast. May I recommend kissing him?" 

"What?"

"An oral trade of your curative saliva with his is probably your best bet given the circumstances and you can quickly follow it up with artificial breathing."

"A kiss, sir. You can drop the scientific lingo." Mitch said, trying to hide her embarassment at the thought of kissing a couple people. Can't be helped, the only people she has kissed lip to lip before this are the CPR dolls, during first aid training back at school. But no... She shouldn't think like that. She's trying to save people here, there is nothing embarassing about... uh, kissing lips that are covered with blood?

"Fine, i just have to kiss them, correct?" As Mitch braced herself, a sudden flash opens in the air followed with girl who broke down the classroom's door screaming,  "Alrighty....Whats GOING on and WHAT can I do to help?" 

"... HERE I GO!" Mitch shouted back in reflex, placing her hand on Travis's cold cheek then leaned down to kiss him. This better work.

Aaron Mallory

Nearby: Klaus, Morgan, Mitch, Danny, and Riley, followed by Luci

Mood: Worried, but hopeful.

@s @Teh Frixz @too much idea @Captain Hesperus @Elenion Aura @Lazy Rocktime @RemainingQuestions

Taking a deep breath and holding it, Aaron plunges through the portal. It takes some effort to push through the plane of spliced space; without the gravitational pull of earth to hurry him along, he has to provide the necessary work himself. To be honest though, he thought it would be harder. Not making a right angle turn helps, perhaps… Mary's portals seem distinctly less effort than he remembers his own being, both in their creation, and in the practical use thereof. Assuming they both live through this, perhaps she can give him some pointers on teleportation. It has been 15 years since the last time he made a jump (not counting the portal earlier today) and it would probably behoove him to get back in practice.

There is a sound of splintering glass and wood as he thunders into the classroom, and for a second he thinks the floor is giving out. A slightly manic offer for help from just behind him and to the right alerts him to three things, all to the good. Firstly, that was the door not the floor. Secondly Riley Zdunowski is on the scene. Thirdly, she has already turned off her limiter. That last thing is usually a mixed blessing at best, but just now, it is exactly what they need. She'll already be making clotting factor concentrates to deal with the cuts from coming through the classroom door, and ramping that up for Danny should be a simple matter.

Mitch Castle, codename Borrower, appears to be kissing Danny full on the mouth. Good. She'll have copied Klaus's anti-toxin abilities, as well as being immune herself to Klauss's attack. Aaron makes a beeline for the pair of them, stepping out of Victoria's line of fire. Hopefully the classroom will get a little extra ventilation any second now...

He leans down and slips a hand under Danny's head, another under his hips and pulls him gently away from the kiss of his life—he's guessing; maybe the 'bad boy' thing works in his favor, but not at 108 from what he has witnessed. He cradles the boy in his arms and turns to face Zdunowski. Risking about half of his lung capacity on speech, he says “Everybody out of the room. Don't block the portal. We have to get him to Lazarus. Riley, start mass producing factor IX pleaseHolding what remains of his breath, he starts toward the shattered classroom door. 

Mitch Castle

Mood: Confused

Tags:  @Lazy Rocktime   @Captain Hesperus @Teh Frixz @ViAdvena @Gus @Elenion Aura

The taste of the blood, ugh. Wet and sticky, bitter metallic and a little bit salty. She pulled out, wiping the blood from her lips with the back of her hand and watched as someone approached them and took Travis up in his arms. Mr. Aaron?

"What...?" It took her a moment to understand what's happening right now. It wasn't just him, she noticed a couple of other students inside the room with her. Oh god, more people to kiss? One of the girls are injured, probably from breaking down the door? The poison. Will it spread across the entire school? No, probably not. Mr. Klaus's power should be restricted in a certain range. But how much? 20 meters? 15? She should ask more about his power later, but first....

"Do we need to kiss all of them as well now?" Mitch turned to Mr. Klaus. "The poison is still active, right?"

images (6).jpe

Izzy Chase

Oh, the joys of the AEGIS educational program was never ending. Robots, dog teachers, holograms and fascinating new students. With Kendrick and the other students busy tapping away on their phones, Izzy's focus remained on the rude Maya. Despite her course demeanor, her appearance was mesmerizing. What made her even better was when the Urial, the furry teacher, muted her. That was enough to make Izzy giggle.

Quickly finding her snack of celery dipped in peanut butter was gone, she packed up the container and tossed it back into her bag. Planning to do the same with her laptop, the small rose gold device was in hand when it pinged. The screen lit up to reveal an email notification.

FWD FWD FWD: 

ATTN: 108

Attachement: 108PPclass.mov

After a few taps on the screen, a video began. It was clearly images from another room in the school.

Izzy's hand flew up into the air. Squirming in her seat, the young snow white haired girl began to frantically wave her arm before blurting out, "Mr. Urial! There is a Nazi killing students with gas in the school!"

Yes, perhaps that was not the best explanation of the situation. It, in a way, did sum up the subject line of the email, though. Fearful that the gas might be in all the classrooms, Izzy quickly grabbed the front of her jacket sleeve and placed it over her mouth and nose.

It seemed that learning first aid might have to be a very hands on event today.

Luci Tolbert

@Gus@Teh Frixz @Lazy Rocktime @Captain Hesperus @ViAdvena @Elenion Aura @too much idea

What should have been a conclusion to the class, a quick recap before they headed back inside, turned into a full-blown rescue mission. It seemed the news that last text Luci got was, somehow, worse than the news this morning. An attack, right now, in the school, by a teacher. Luci would feel nauseous later, thinking about it. For now, he was focused. Mister Mallory too, snapped into action. Luci didn't know what he wanted to do later in life, especially considering his super powers, but seeing Mister Mallory as sure and ready to save someone, even from what likely was a friend... Now Luci saw a future for himself.

He simply nodded after the clear instructions of the teacher, ready to follow his lead. He focussed, and felt his light stick to him, warm and insulate him. Breathing was becoming harder as it condensed on his lips and mouth, but Luci didn't mind when he was going in against a gas. At least this way he wouldn't breathe it in. With every focused breath through the light he was getting brighter, the protection around him stronger.

The portal snapped open.

Mister Mallory went through it.

Luci followed.

Despite the seriousness of the situation, Luci was still shocked by what he saw, but he didn't freeze. One of the guards had entered moments before, and Luci followed Mister Mallory to Klaus and two of the students. While Mister Mallory spoke, Luci went deeper into the classroom, his lungs already aching from not breathing, the dense light around his mouth was a good reminder that he should not, could not, breath. He quickly moved to the other student in the room, giving a wide berth to the possibly-mind-controlled-possibly-aggressively-insane teacher. He tugged her arm, and gestured to the portal, urging her to leave without speaking. He could feel the light pushing out, and trying to push back into him at the same time. It was an odd sensation, but it gave him strength, and God, Luci felt better now than when he tried to give as little light as possible. He was a shining beacon, but for once he didn't mind.

Cecilia Rizzo Pellegrini

cecilia_by_necessity4fun-d9s5g98.jpg

People Around: Mr. McNabb and Jordan
Interactions:
 @Zahzi, @Bag o Fruit

Beware the big list of words, I'm not too sure about~!

Cecilia had thought that listing emotions other than the ones in the board would have been, uhh, what's the word? Enlightening to this class? But turns out she had done the opposite if what Mr. Allen wanted... Okay then, time to think of something else.
She grabbed the notebook and mechanical and started scribbling down. The girl hadn't thought these would be helpful so soon since this was the Emotion Composure class, not really something you would expect to make notes for, but brainstorming on the paper was always far more organized than just thinking by yourself! At least to her...

A few minutes of facing a wall to think and writing ideas down, and Cecilia had a rather messy mind map at the page. It was indeed more organized than just...thinking, however this did not mean that she was any good at this... Cecil looked down at the almost incomprehensive chaos of her brainstorming, and glanced over at Jordan to see what he was up to. It seemed like he had given up completely on the lesson after all... The Italian sighed. She didn't knew whether to be glad that the little boy wasn't going to interrupt rudely again, or frown at the apparent apathy towards the class that had barely started.

Welp, now it was up to her to maintain this lesson running!

"For the happy face: Enthusiasm, tranquillity, relief, optimism, confidence and amusement. On sadness: Melancholy, misery, hopelessness, grief, distress and uhh depression? I'm not that sure about the last one, actually... Is depression more a feeling or a disease...?", Cecilia stopped a bit to give thought to her own question, but she didn't really find a conclusion to it, "Anyway! I still have a lot more so... In the angry face: Hate? Or hatred, uhh, indignation, impatience, fury and displeasure... Oh! Pleasure can go in the happy face...I think?... Thinking again, I think distress also goes with the fear face... Ahh, this became as messy as my notebook! Thinking about emotions is hard...", Cecilia laughed softly to herself, looking down to consult the assortment of words she had written down.

"Okay, moving on! (Why did I wrote so much?)... For fear I wrote: Despair, uneasiness, worry, dread and panic. For surprise it was: Shock, disbelief, amazement, awe, cause you know, people can be in a state of awe, and uhh, astonished fits here too. At embarrassment I wrote down, humiliation, shame, shyness, clumsiness and awkwardness. Now, confusion... That's a hard one, I just wrote down both distraction and disorientation... I guess, lost and disconnected work too? But I hadn't written those down...", the girl looked down, a bit embarrassed herself, and took the opportunity to glance at the squished block, that had almost not fit into the paper, to finish her list, "And last, but not less important! (I always wanted to say that!!), Love. And for it I wrote down: Caring, devotion, friendship, respect and this one I'm not too sure about, enjoyment. Because, I think that could go in the Happy block too...In a way..."

Having finished the big and confusing list of words, where some she had read on books and others she had absolutely no idea what they REALLY meant, Cecilia closed her notebook with a satisfied 'thump' deciding to not attempt on doing a mind map on this class again... It had kinda worked, but it just had ended up so messy that she herself had had trouble reading it out loud afterwards.

"So, are these enough? Are you going to start some insightful lesson now?!", she innocently and excitedly asked Mr. McNabb. So far they had just been listing words after all!!
------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, tucked away inside her backpack, Cecilia's cellphone flashed to life, several times.

First it had been an e-mail with an invitation to a chat-room and now, some kind of urgent video that was probably of utmost importance to her, or the entire facility at least. Of course, since no one had the girl's cellphone number, not even her grandmother who could barely operate a telephone and only called before her own bed-time, Cecil did not even left it on vibrate only, but completely muted the device during class hours.
Thus, for maybe the third time already, in this school year that had barely started, the little Italian was absolutely ignorant of anything that could be going on outside the classroom... Unless something exploded in the streets, or the world ended or anything like that, then there would be no way she wouldn't react...probably...

p.cecilia3 {
margin: 12px;
float: right;
padding-top: 10px;
padding-right: 5px;
padding-bottom: 50px;
padding-left: 5px;
width: 350px;
height: 200px;
background-color: gainsboro;
border-style: dotted;
border-width: 3px;
border-color: grey;
color: #333333;
overflow: auto;
}
p.cecilia2 {
z-index: 1;
}

Kendrick Haywood

10340522_by_necessity4fun-da53j6l.jpg

People Around: Isabella Chase, Urial Ursler, Ophelia Zielinski, an A.I. called Maya.
Chat status: -Offline-
First-Aid Class: @KingHink, @Manic Muse, @St Stare

Today's Toys: TedPandoraSpiralSparkles
Asinelli and Garisenda (two of the white towers)

...................I don't know..................just, I don't.....

The boy stared with a unamused face at his device. The salty mistress had just earned herself a long lived silence by posting a wall of 'toyboy'. He sighed. Welp, he had used the Haywood word promise lightly again, but that still didn't make up for the outrage that the mysterious host had committed. All he could do was be reasonable and cut her punishment to a month instead a year, because, one year was a lot to not talk to someone, and the name calling, despite being highly annoying and improper, wasn't harmful enough for such a long silence treatment.
Still, what a pity. It would be against his word to snap a picture of the Golden Retriever in front of him, to show her the truth now. The mistress would never receive a reply. He hoped she wouldn't mind, after all, this had completely been her own choice.

Since he couldn't reply, Kendrick just stood by watching the others' messages. DNC, as they had been requested to be referred as, responded right after the mistress. At first, the teenager was puzzled by the expression 'triggered', taking a while to recall the little of internet slang he had allowed himself to learn and being taken aback by the sudden accusation. But they were right, he had overreacted and was certainly bothered by both Travis' (Yeah, he knew it was that bully, who else could it be?) and the Salty Mistress' behaviors... Is too much to ask for some decency and restraint amongst them? At least, say you don't like me in a proper way without attacking, dammit! DNC was far more enjoyable to talk with, he could picture himself getting back on this chat in the future just to talk to them... But they needed a stylus pronto! It hurt just to watch their struggle while typing. The 'DazzilngNinjaCthulu is typing...' alert at the bottom would go on for a long time before a new message was actually sent... Poor DNC, whoever they are.

Soon, a couple more users joined them. barrelRider came in a similar fashion as himself, wondering how they had gotten his contact. Right after, a bunch of Japanese letters joined the chat. No, their name is not 'a bunch Japanese letters' it was actual Japanese, that Kendrick cannot read and as such, it's meaning doesn't really matter. This new person with the Japanese name, stood by, lurking in silence, they never said a single word... They're shy, perhaps? Or, did they come just to watch? It intrigued him that someone would join a chatroom, without the intend to chat. Doesn't that kill the entire purpose of a chatroom?

Then Photocopier joined them, asking who had sent the invitation. The boy had started to reply calmly, but catching movement from the dog-teacher at the corner of his eye, decided this was it and promptly let the chat know he was going to be unreachable for the next couple hours.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[COLOR= steelblue]-K_Haywood-:[/COLOR] @Photocopier The mysterious host of this chat is SaltyMistress 

[COLOR= steelblue]-K_Haywood-:[/COLOR] Also, seems like my dog-teacher is finally doing something again.

[COLOR= steelblue]-K_Haywood-:[/COLOR] I'll pass-by later. It is highly disrespectful to use a cellphone during class.

[COLOR= steelblue]-K_Haywood-:[/COLOR] Farewell everyone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kendrick had been about to logout when he realised who was typing after him. It was Danny. His heart skipped a beat. After the long rant, the boy had felt like perhaps he had teased a lion and was about to have his head devoured in a ferocious bite... That guy was really stubborn. There was a high probability that he wouldn't stop and only lash out stronger or even...pass by the First-Aid class just to spite Kendrick further. The teenager was terrified of the possibilities, and only allowed himself to calm down after the new message declared that the bully was actually going to Political Powers next.
With a long sigh of relief, the boy finally logged out of the chatroom and tucked his cellphone neatly inside his pocket again. He felt bad for the children of the Political Powers class, but there was nothing he could, or would do. This was no longer his problem to deal with, but theirs.

Turning his attention back to the class, Kendrick tuned in in time to listen to the teacher's description of the holograms they would be working with. The boy snorted. Real looking and acting holograms?! A part of him thought back on several Sci-fi movies he had watched, and a couple things he had heard about light manipulation supers. Still, since the subject of supers wasn't exactly 'pleasant' at his household (despite their son being one, talk about irony...), he didn't exactly knew what to expect and was a bit suspecting that perhaps, this dog was exaggerating in the description of his assistant's capacities. About Maya, she hadn't responded to him at all... Had the teacher turned her off? Maybe it was for the best, no one would want a robot uprising, right?

The boy's skepticism just keep going on, as the Golden Retriever introduced himself as Urial Ursler and went on about how qualified he was to teach this class. Kendrick couldn't see how a dog was qualified for anything. Specially human medicine! Dogs and human are so different! Who taught this Golden Retriever? Did they just take this telepathic talking dog to a room with a corpse and let it open it at will or something?! This would be believable in a movie but, real life?! Come on! You can't expect anyone to buy that... Or maybe you can, some people are completely stupid...

As the teenager (still) pondered about, why the heck there was a dog claiming to be a surgeon, about to teach him about first-aid practices, and how nothing seemed to make sense today, no matter how much he tried to understand, Urial had hopped at the chair and started remodelling the classroom with his robotic appendages. Kendrick watched everything without much reaction, that is, until the holograms were turned on, then he reacted.
He panicked and involuntarily took a couple steps back, causing the boy to collapse with the desk behind him with a little 'thunk'. It was as if suddenly four people, four injured people had come out of nowhere, asking for help, and all he could think about was how Kennith almost died, how useless he had been when facing that situation in the Commonwealth. He froze. This was too much. Rationally, Kendrick was aware these were just holograms, but at the same time he couldn't help but worry:

[COLOR= steelblue]"What if I fail again? What if this time someone actually dies?! I CAN'T DO THIS!"[/COLOR]

He just stood there, watching the injured people, paralysed. Not even the jolt of frustration, at not having being warned enough before of this exercise, managed to give him strength to make a commentary. There was only silence. The multitude of self-judging and anxious thoughts, like metaphorical chains, rendered him unable to move or talk, he could just stare, as if a terrible spell had been cast.

The boy could sense his cellphone vibrate and then, not long after, Isabella Chase blurted out something nonsensical about nazis and gas. She seemed to really believe in whatever it was, covering her face with the jacket. Kendrick didn't want to know of anything anymore. In his already distressed state, he didn't even spent time thinking about how stupid everything sounded, all he did was glance at the door and quickly run towards it like a bolt. Nope, that was it! He was out! This was too much, he could NOT handle this. Oh Lord, he needed some fresh air.

The door made a loud noise when it closed after him, the boy hadn't cared to close it properly. He just wanted to be out from there as soon as possible. Leaning on the wall right beside the class entrance, the teenager let himself slide to the floor effortlessly. The floor was cold, but it was strangely inviting. Kendrick just sat there, with his mind in a complete blank, staring at absolutely nothing more than the wall on the opposite side. He wasn't sure he wanted to know what has happening this time... Just, let the dog deal with this craziness for now. Kendrick really needed some peace, even if it's just for this single minute... He had to set his thoughts straight, even if this seemed like an extremely difficult task at the moment.

img.ipsImageKendrick {
display: block;
margin: auto;
width: 30%;
height: 30%;
}
p.kendrick {
margin: 15px;
float: left;
padding-top: 10px;
padding-right: 5px;
padding-bottom: 10px;
padding-left: 5px;
width: 380px;
height: 230px;
background-color: cornflowerblue;
border-radius: 3px;
border-style: double;
border-width: 5px;
border-color: steelblue;
overflow: auto;
}

@Manic Muse @St Stare @Necessity4Fun

Ophelia, First Aid Class

"Mr. Urial... if there are holograms this unbelievably advanced.... why are they not used everywhere? Like. Other classes. Or dirty clubs. Or Video games. Or other stuff. Or is this like some new thing you invented? If so. Why are you teaching, you could be rich?" The girl mused, asking questions that didn't really matter. But come on! They were legit questions. Think of how many things you could do with fleshy bodies and things you could make fron thin air. It wasn't like she ever been to a club to verify this. 

Anyway, as she hazarded a peek down at her phone she spent the next bit typing, deleting, retyping, and mistyping a response. However, a notification arrived of a sent video which caused the app to crash and she lost all that hard work. Three whole sentences. By the time she got the app running again, the neko was already dishing out spoilers. Sure enough as she played the video, there did seem to be gas and evidence of Nazi's.

Oppie pursed her lips and "shrugged". Which... was more less just raising her tentacles slightly. "Neh. It happens." She said matter o' factly. She has been here for a few years now. Wasn't the worst thing she had seen happen between a student(s) and teacher. Though Ken certainly seemed quite spooked. He seemed to be freaking out. Come on, it wasn't like alarms were going off or anyone was blowing holes in the walls. Besides, who knows how the media twisted the context of the story. Oppie supposed she would just sit there and twiddle her tentacles until the dog told them to evacuate or continue with the lesson.

@Gus @Teh Frixz @Lazy Rocktime @ViAdvena @Elenion Aura @too much idea @RemainingQuestions @Captain Hesperus

Victoria, Collateral Damage and WTF

Well. It was safe to say that Victoria more or less completely blanked out as everything just went nuts. Portals. Crashing. Pulling. Mangling. And all around holy cow what just happen. If she had been drinking this would have likely deserved a spit take, the sort of death trap that this all was. 

Looking on in abject discomfort was about all the reaction she could give. Regretting that she hesitated in heading to the cafeteria to possibly avoid this. It couldn't possibly get any worse. But the contraption breaking to bit was a great thing! Which of course had to be followed by the video. Which she didn't see because she was a good student and left her phone in the class room. Though the outcry seemed real enough, and as she peaked over a shoulder to see what was going on her first thought, albeit selfish one, was she was glad she wasn't there. 

Aaron seemed to take initiative. Admirable! Except it also seemed to involve her. Which she regarded as a very bad idea. She tried to interject as he spoke.

"But-"

"But I-"

"Can't w-"

"I-"

"Wait-"

"Shouldn't-"

"My-"

"It doesn't-"

"I don't thi-"

He of course kept on talking, and she let out a small whimper of resignation. She didn't think he understood how her power worked... but she was told too... this wasn't going to end well. 

She swallowed hard as she stood inot front of the portal, a good few yards back. Her hands on her limiter as she waited until everyone was clear of her line of fire. Oh god this was going to go so badly... 

Soon enough... Aaron moved out of the way, and the line was clear. Here goes.

"Heads up! Sorry!" She shouted with a doubtful inflection as she closed her eyes and took off her limiter. Revealing her face to the cold winter air. 

Hoping her aim was true... she opened her eyes for a fraction of second before closing them shut.

It was still overkill. There was a brilliant flash of explosive energy. A thick beam of purple roared through the portal. Almost as wide as the portal itself.

The collateral damage within that second was as follows:

It completely disintegrated the desk.

Blasted out the window.

A greater portion of the wall. 

As well as possibly...

The bridge?

Cargo containers?

Other... stuff... hopefully? 

The author of this post would have gone into more detail if he wasn't really tired and trying to hurry out this post before the deadline. In his defense, Victoria wasn't exactly able to see. Instead, the teenager hurriedly brought the limiter back down across her eyes, visibly cringing at how bad she imagined it to be. Even after the limiter was secured, she kept her eyes closed. She couldn't look. School life was over. Expulsion. Arrest. She tried to warn him. She can't believed she went through with that... "...sorry..."

On the plus side... no one will ever make a complaint on ventilation again.

Aaron Mallory

Nearby: McNabb, Jordan, Cecilia and Danny, followed by Riley and Luci et al?

Mood: Shocked

@s @Bag o Fruit[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)] [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR] @RemainingQuestions @Teh Fritz @Necessity4Fun @Captain Hesperus @Zahzi

Aaron turns and backs out of the room, protecting Danny from further cuts as he widens the opening made by Riley on her way in. As an afterthought, he nudges the panic button with his elbow, and the world explodes. “Dear lord!” he thinks. “That is one hell of a warning klaxon!” It is only as he is power walking down the hallway to EC class that it fully registers that it was a purple flash he saw when he hit the button. The emergency lights are blinding white. And... ...did he see DeKlerk's desk and the outer wall disintegrate? That couldn't have been Victoria, could it?

Could it?!

What was it she had said when she showed up late to class? Things had been so hectic...

Getting tested again? Doctor's note?

He murmured her words back to himself as he strode down the hallway, realization dawning that he had just told a reclassified super to activate her powers within the school building while still probably under the influence of the power amplification drugs used to find the limits of her power! But reclassified to what?! That was at least an A3 level blast... maybe as high as A5! But her goddamn file had said C rank, hadn't it? Which commonwealth numbskull misfiled an A5 level optic blast as C? And then sent her to school, still amped, with no warning?! Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, there'll be hell to pay for that! At least she'd been pointed toward the harbor. Nothing to be done about it now. One crisis at a time...

Nudging the door with his hip, he popped it off the hinges and onto the floor of Allen's classroom.

Mr. McNabb. A little help please? He's bleeding in his lungs. Officer Zdunowski here can fix that, but you'll have to break up the clots or he'll asphyxiate instead of bleeding out.” He turns and looks back over his shoulder.

"Riley?"

Users who are viewing this thread