• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Epic Saga of Intrepid Adventurers (full)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Name: Ciara Location: hot spring With: Koran Theme: Continuing Story

MECYstU.jpg
Ciara's smile widens and her eyes flash. She sits up and leans forward, resting an elbow on her knee so she can prop her chin up on her hand. Well that had certainly worked like a charm. She hadn't actually asked more than five important questions anyway. Haggling doesn't only work with money, after all. His deal was quite a simple one. As for what he called himself, was it mean as a joke? That couldn't be his name, but then who would choose something like that. Why from that language? But these were not big issues.

Her tails twitched, still curled around her. "A stray left to starve alone? This word you use. Is that who you are, or what you call yourself? Either way it's somewhat depressing. Why not go with something more edgy like Scar, or Fang. Could even use the same language if you wish. How does Haru, or Haruk sound? Talazzil?" She giggles at the last one. "Its rather fitting, after what you showed today."

With a deep breath she waves a dismissive hand. "Very well. Five questions answered completely and honestly, as well as a thorough examination of the collar. If I feel a question is bereft of sufficient detail, I get to ask further without spending an additional question. In exchange I shall grant a favor to you who sits before me. However just as you may refuse a question in lieu of another, so too may I refuse a favor asked under the same stipulation. Upon mine word so it shall be. Now then first answer me these questions four. Why are you alone out here in human lands attacking villages? What do you know of the weakening barrier and the plan to strengthen it? Why was that collar placed on you. What do you think of my smell?"

She watched Koran with a serious expression. The first she had made in their encounter.

d6nbpr0-6a9f9800-f449-423a-9ce4-f5959c591701.jpg

[Location: Kaladorei. Inn With: Megir Yhmera Yhmera Truri LuvDragon LuvDragon Mentions: Elre and Nate ThomasYeagger ThomasYeagger Thorinn Ace Cream Ace Cream Taneras and Asteri darkborn darkborn ]

"Bottled sound? Now that is a fascinating thing" Lithe said chuckling after the Goblin was pulled off of him "Ah..thank you Megir, I'd thought I'd felt something but I was to distracted by magic in a bottle. Would certainly have helped me back in my younger days" he laughed before looking up and examining the ceiling "I'm not one for architecture, but if you say it is coming down, I'll believe you" he looked thoughtful for a moment "Not enough time to cast that spell...hmm" he rubbed his cheeks, working out the minor injuries the smaller creature had caused with light healing. It wasn't that big of a deal, he'd been hit a lot...like a lot a lot. A man like Lithe didn't get through life without learning to take a few fists to the face. He'd been hit by creatures of every size, gender, and race at this point.

He looked at Nate and Elre. The fairy looked exhausted from casting so much, should really work on his physical traits a bit more. Strong body, strong mind Lithe always believed. The man...he had a look about him like Lithe had just stolen his sweetroll. No idea what he could have done to upset the man, but that was par for the course. He looked back up at the ceiling "Guess we'll go the hard route" he grinned as he tapped his chest, his body being suffused in a pale green light before throwing another sickly green light towards the ceiling above Truri. The wood cracked and rotted away. Then the ceiling snapped.

Lithe blurred forwards with unnatural motion and snatched up Truri (and by extension the small creature she was holding) fluidly before stepping against the wall and rocketing upwards just as that particular piece of ceiling fell past him, using the semi rotted wood to propel himself and the young woman into the floor above "Sorrymydear, thiswasthefastesmethodIcouldthinkof.YouknowI'veneverhadaproblemwithrats,alwayssohelpful!" Lithe's sped up voice was easily heard as he sped out of the inn.

Name: Koran Location: the woods With: Ciara Theme: J'nanin

fSegSmR.jpg
Her translation of his name was an interesting one. It was technically correct, but lacked the contextual implication that the original language intended- a common occurence with different languages. He liked hers better, and preferred to think that it was more accurate to who he was.

"I appreciate the suggestions, but I think I'll stick with Koran," he said. Boring maybe, but it wasn't like a new name would stick for long.

She made the agreement with as much formality as Koran would have expected from a fae, and once she did, she didn't waste any time with her first four questions. Koran gave a slight smile of satisfaction. Whether she intended it or not, her third question was quite informative and almost made the deal worthwhile all on its own. The last one was a surprise, but if that's what she wanted to know, who was he to argue? He lay back deeper in the water, letting it come up and relax his shoulder muscles.

"I'm attacking villages because I'm testing their defenses. Specifically, how local defenses are handled and how the military responds. I want to know what kind of push-back the king will send. And I'm doing it alone because I can." That should be plenty sufficient for the first question. "I don't know much about the barrier. It's a magical wall being maintained from the inside, presumably because someone wants the inside kept separate from the outside. I didn't know that there's a plan to strengthen it- so that's interesting."

Koran paused for a moment as he considered her question about the collar, but there wasn't any way around that one. "Your question about the collar will be a 'pass'," he said. "As for your smell..." he gave a slight shrug with his shoulder. Vanilla and cinnamon. "It's a pretty one-dimensional mask, but I'm sure the humans approve. I prefer blood, sweat and tears myself." He was of course referring to the kinds of natural scents he could normally smell off of living creatures.

XtaticSoda XtaticSoda

Truri
{ With: Megir, Nenya, Lithe, Nate } { Location: Kaladorei inn } { Theme: Oceandeep }​

Another song started to mix with hers and she frowned. No other magic was being done. Truri watched as the goblin jumped onto the blond and she yelped, braking her song. Letting go of the little furry creature of the process. She rose to her feet as something seemed to crumble from the ceiling. Was it going to cave in? What about all the people here? Still, she didn't get to react as the blond shot forwards and scooped her up. Before she knew what was happening they were on the first floor of the inn. Lithe was running when her eyes started to shut.

After the healing spell from earlier and the extra spell now, she was past her limit. "I'm sorry." She whispered as her body rapidly shifted into her true form. Her horse sized body fell to the floor as she slumbered. She couldn't help it. To much energy had been used. Her wings folded against her white and blue skin as she tucked her head up against her body. Any would didn't know would think she was just a young dragon asleep. But they all knew the truth. Or she thought they did by now. She was full grown. A song dragon.

Attachments

• gifts-gothic-and-fantasy-figurines-and-statues-dragons-white-dragon-of-wisdom-dragon-figurine.jpg
    gifts-gothic-and-fantasy-figurines-and-statues-dragons-white-dragon-of-wisdom-dragon-figurine.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1
  • luv.png
    luv.png
    140.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

MECYstU.jpg
The Kitsune's ears drooped. She leaned back in her previous more relaxed position, seeming to have lost the rapped interest that had been there before. So he didn't know about the goblin or the plans for the barrier. Her hopes for uncovering a dark conspiracy somewhat dwindling away. By the sound of it he was killing people because he was bored and wanted a challenge. It didn't feel quite right, even though it would make sense with what she knew of his kind. A wolf abandoned or lost by his clan on this side of the barrier would have a hard time finding decent prey or a good fight, and little else to look for.

"So you are alone and looking to die a warriors death. All that will meet you on this path is a monster's death. This little town has no real defenses against someone like you, as you no doubt realized, but the nation has plenty of organizations dedicated to hunting down monsters. Either for rare materials, or because something like this happens. Letters will be sent to the king and you will be turned into a pretty pin cushion of silver bolts and arrowheads. Probably have your head mounted on the wall of that inn, assuming you don't turn back to human after you die. Human's can be quite terrifying when threatened by that which they don't understand. The barrier is a pretty good example of the lengths they will take to cut themselves off the scary monsters that haunt their dreams."

Ciara looks back up at the moon, her feet swishing up and down just beneath the surface of the water. "You say you don't know about the plans for the barrier though. In that case I would politely ask that you stop helping the kingdom gather support for it. Immediately after your attack, a speech was made talking about the importance of the barrier to keep people safe and happy. The King is recruiting volunteers to return the field to its full strength, and your suicidal lone wolf playtime is providing him with plenty of zealous volunteers."

She pauses for a long moment before sighing. "I guess its no more than expected that you wouldn't like it. The smell is a bit strong for my own tastes, but human noses are so weak. The woman all seem to go to absurd lengths to hide their natural scent as well, though less so in these border towns than the cities. It isn't like I am trying to hide what I am. I just wanted to try fitting in and see what it would be like."

Squee Squee

1614215472407.pngNate was a bit put off when Thorinn so simply stepped aside and passed him. He wanted to object, but the dragon seemed quite keen on paying the goblin away, who was he to stop that ? As he squatted at her level, he could see in her eyes a slight but growing light of trust. He smiled warmly at that, gaining such a creature's trust was rewarding alone. His attention was drawn to Thorin once more as he jumped at Lithe's face. Such violence was off for him, but he understood the goblin's views and kind of was happy it happened, controlling people's memory was magic was unfair, and in this situation unnecessary.

However, Nate didn't have much time to think or speak, as the orc joined the fight and soon enough, rats were eating wood from the ceiling. They all had to get out that was for sure... Who were these people, to so carelessly imbue their violence around them ? He would scold them later though, as now was time to get out. So far they had time to just walk out, quickly, so he turned to the dragon again, only this time with the intention to give her a hand. This was no time to go slowly anymore.

Again, before Nate could do anything, a hasted Lithe passed by and picked her up. Nate didn't have time to, but he still boiled on the inside... Just how rude were all these people ? He also realized the roof was falling already. He took a deep breath as he stood straight and his voice once more echoed much louder than any man's should in such a place. Using any kind of magic to directly affect the already rotting wood and stones wouldn't work, there was already so much at work there, Nate had another idea, and his own emotions were getting the best of him.

" Thavan o heleg "

As he spoke up and rose both his hands as if to support the roof by himself, his eye shone again. The various barrels of ale, wine, water and whatever else that were stocked in the basement and close to the rotting corner all broke at once, the liquid they contained flew around him and upward, forming pillards at first, and soon covering all parts of the damaged ceiling that had yet to crumble. In an instant it all froze in place, a weirdly colored ice made of wine and ale mostly kept the ceiling from disintegrating anymore and filled the whole, using the basement's pillars as support, since they seemed untouched. Most of the ice was on the ceiling itself, but the pillars were also strengthened by a thinner layer.

Since the dragon woman was out already, Nate was the one at highest risk so he simply hurried toward the stairs, where Megir, Thorinn and Tanneras had been just a moment ago. He hurried out, a hand on his shoulder to make sure his fairy friend wouldn't fall.

And so Nate made it out, running up the stairs and almost jumping forward into the inn's main room. He only stopped once clear from the basement and stairs, catching his breath there and slowly calming down. Many of the people around were still in total panic. First a werewolf, then a dragon, now a hole in the floor and the worrying crackling sound of damaged wood and stone. At least that alchemist had kept them away for a moment... Would there be people down stairs or right over the damaged corner, that would have been quite a problem.

" Now, where has this sad excuse of a magician gone with our dragon friend ?!"

He asked out, quite angrily, his eye travelling around the room quickly to spot them both, they were hard to miss though... A full grown dragon lied there, knocked out. People were in total panic by then, half of them had ran out of the inn already, some others yelling angrily. Nate walked to Truri's motionless body, his voice once more resonating deeply in the room, not as deep as when he turned the werewolf into a lighthouse, but still louder than his regular voice. The sound overrode everything, even the alchemist's sound potion, would it still be active.

"I am Selladaïr Nathadeus Sunworth. Heed my words and stay your fears! No more shall be harmed this night while I draw breath. Not any of you, or this dragon. Calm your hearts, and leave this place in peace!"

As he went on and on, his voice slowly tuned down, until his last words sounded natural and peaceful. He wasn't an aggressive person, or a bossy one... He was simply asking all the commoners and those who had no more business there to leave. The room went quiet as the villagers looed at him in shock. A round of murmurs starting up between them before they seemed to visibly calm and started filing out of the place to leave the issue to the wandering wizard.

1614215499755.png

Name: Nate Location: Basement of the inn With: Megir, Truri, Lithe, Thorinn, Tanneras Doing: Trying to keep the ceiling together. Being Gandalf. Theme: Anthem of the forests.( Nate's Mana 70)
Elre: With Nate, recovering from the last post's action. (Elre's mana: 40) Elre's theme: La cerise

Last edited:

fSegSmR.jpg
A warrior's death. Wouldn't that be nice. It was one of the many things that Koran had chalked off of his list of things to ever expect for himself. Fitting in with humans had never been an expectation at any point, so he couldn't say he had any regrets on that one.

"Fitting in is overrated," he said. "Especially with humans. They're too narrow minded, too fragile. Better to find a people more like yourself to fit in with- or your own if you have one. Why humans insist on using fragrances to make themselves smell like food is beyond me. Like they get a kick out of walking around with a flashing sign that says 'EAT ME'."

He was somewhat surprised at her quick, simplistic conclusion about his motives. She clearly underestimated his abilities to survive, and she was conflating fighting alone with working alone. "I tell you that I'm gathering information and your first conclusion is that I'm suicidal?" He gave her a silent look, waiting to see if she would realize that he was giving her a hint. Maybe he was trying to help her too much, but so far the encounter with this mysterious fae woman was proving quite beneficial.

"I appreciate the information. I can't say that I prefer taking a lightning bolt to the neck over a relaxing conversation with a charming fae fox. Maybe with you as my informant I won't need to attack the towns." He watched for her reaction to that idea. So far it seemed like she didn't want the barrier kept up, which implied that they might have similar goals in seeing it come down.

"I meant what I said about not having all night though," he said, sitting up in the water once more as if he was starting to think about leaving. "You still have two questions. My advice is to make them count."

XtaticSoda XtaticSoda

duskwalker3.jpgTaneras Aldon
Interaction: Yhmera Yhmera , Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire , LuvDragon LuvDragon || Mentions: Ace Cream Ace Cream , ThomasYeagger ThomasYeagger

Taneras smiled at the half-orc when she complimented his potions. Really, all it was was a mixture of Shrikeclaw Weed and Shrieker's Croak, and then by crushing them...

The sound of a scuffle caused Tanah to jump. He looked about a bit wildly, before finally settling on the scene. The goblin was jumping on the blonde mage, screaming something about how 'he didn't want his memory erased.' Taneras just shook his head, before giving a side eye to the stairs. The townsfolk, emboldened by the infighting amongst the others trapped inside the basement, began pushing forward, getting riled up all over again. "Bloody hell... Are you serious..." Here they were, reaching a possible solution, and then the Goblin just ruins it. Tanah's lip curled up in a small sneer. That goblin was trouble. Tanah just knew it. No way that it somehow magically had a solution right after the werewolf attacked, and then tried to interrupt them when they were trying to calm the crowd down.

But before Tanah could ponder this further, the half orc's own quiet exclamation- yes, that was possible- alerted him to her movement. She gave a whistle as she strode towards the two fighters. She then forced them apart, before trying to calm them down. Tanah really wasn't listening, as he was rummaging through his component satchel for something to at least put together. But then his hands landed onto his mortar and pestle. Admittedly, it was the crude stone one, that was rough; it didn't make the best potions... But it would do. After combining Spidereye, a peculiar mushroom, and flour, he grimaced as he realized one more ingredient was probably needed. He pulled out a small strip of boiled leather, and looked between the two items he was holding. Leather strip. Bowl of Sticky potion. ...How was he going to mix this together?

The half-orc's next words caused the duskwalker's eyes to widen. He looked up, seeing the dust falling off from the ceiling- floor? - and grimaced. He looked back down at the components, and resolved himself to do the unthinkable. He poured the mixture from the mortar onto the boiled leather, and started mentally preparing himself. But before he could continue, a loud crash startled him, and he looked up just in time to catch the blonde.. wizard, apparently.. Er, anyways. Just in time to see his afterimage of zooming out of the newly created hole. ...With the dragon. And...

AND WITH ASTERI!?

"H-Hell no!" Taneras exclaimed. He jammed the boiled leather in his mouth, and started chewing. He grimaced; it was disgusting. But Aster was in trouble! As Tanah felt the potion's effects starting to take effect, he rushed to the wall, and started climbing it. You see, that little concoction that Tanah just made was actually a very rudimentary form of Spider Climb. It probably wouldn't last more for thirty seconds, and it was a bit slippery to climb up, and wouldn't have worked on an actually smooth surface. But it was enough for Tanah to haul himself up the wall, across the ceiling-floor, and through the hole.Carbuncle 2.png
Meanwhile, Asteri was pissed. This rude man had just went and swept up the dragon- and HER! NO one grabbed her without her permission! She gave her most ferocious roar (Actually, it was an adorable squeak.), hoping to let this upstart know that she was NOT messing around, before wiggling out of the now-sleeping dragon's grasp, and promptly destroying him with her awesome power of light. (...As in, she simply blinded him with her light.) After releasing her power of pure destruction, Asteri landed on the floor, raised her head up, and gave a sniff, ignoring the man who was now surely afflicted with horrible burns on his skin. She gave an irritated swish of her long tail, before turning around and settling next to the dragon.

Back to Taneras: midway through his epic trek to save his beloved familiar, he heard a booming sound. The redheaded magician had somehow magnified his voice, and it was loud. First off, he froze the surrounding room; something which Tanah was not appreciative about. He managed to hook his arm over a wooden beam, before inching his way up some more. As the wizard began shoving through the crowd to get upstairs, Tanah managed to haul himself to a hanging position in the hole on the floor. He saw the wizard rush over to the dragon, before he boomed out a declaration. So his name was Selladair? That was quite pretentious of him, saying his full na- Oh. Selladair was probably a title. Er. So the redheaded wizard's name was Nathadeus. Good to know.

Thankfully, his booming voice had managed to frighten the residents, before his recedingly quiet voice began to calm down. they began sdispersing peacefully, Tanah managed to haul himself out of the hole, on his hands and knees, feeling utterly stupid. Well, that was a waste of reagents.. His shoulders sagged some more as he saw everyone else come rushing out, before Tanah managed to get the willpower to haul himself up to his feet.

His head perked up, though, upon seeing the dragon, and as a result, Aster. He rushed over to the little carbuncle, exclaiming, "Aster!" Before Aster could even let loose a squeak, Taneras had her in a hug, frantically checking all around for any signs of injury. After she let loose a few irritated chirps, he let her go, to which she floated around him. Tanah took the time to rummage around his satchel, before grabbing another nugget- this time gold- and feeding it to Asteri. She gave a yelp of joy, and settled on his shoulder to enjoy the delicious meal he had given her. Taneras was simply thankful that she was safe, stroking her all the while.

Thankfully, people were leaving the tavern, obviously, somehow, trusting the party to deal with the 'situation,' whatever that may be. Tanah glanced around the tavern, looking at everyone who was now filtering upstairs. ...There obviously was some lack of chemistry among them. Tanah had a sense of deja vu, though he never had an experience like this in his life... Well. THIS life. But yet, all the things that went wrong: First, the goblin ruining a potentially good plan. Then, that blonde talker bolting off with the dragon and Asteri- Tanah clenched a fist at that. And there was Nathadeus' little stunt, which made it a lot harder to climb the wall. And the half-orc's weakening of the roof-floor, Tanah's own inadequecy to deal with the crowd... Speaking of inadequecy, his sound barrier was dying out. Tanah gave a rueful little smile. This night had cost him practically a fortune. Much as he distrusted the goblin's offer, he may have to accept it...

Thorinn Quickfeet
full

Kaladorei / everyone except Koran and Ciara / heading out

Thorinn stopped his assault once the dragon stopped singing, it also seemed the man didn't want to cast the spell anymore so he jumped down and immediately dashed out of the basement! Bypassing everyone as he easily slipped between their feet and through the song barrier.

"I'm out! I'm out!" He yelled in joy as he climbed onto Kindle and told it to push the crowd away.

"For the door! Keep the change!" The goblin threw a bar of gold towards the tavern owner, who was standing outside in a dreaded expression as he watched someone broke the basement ceiling and ran outside. It's the brainwasher boy with the dragon woman on his hands! Thorinn watched cautiously as the woman suddenly transformed into her dragon form, unconscious, causing the boy to stumble and became trapped under her horse-sized dragon body.

It's not over yet! The inn's floor seems to be cracking, as if it would crumble any moment but suddenly the cracking noise vanished. Thorinn was outside so he didn't know what was exactly happening inside but people were getting out of the tavern, fortunately all of them were pretty much unscatched. The goblin let out a relieved sigh. This was not his first time getting tangled on a situation like this. Last time the village chief decided to blame him and put him in jail. The same thing would likely happen to the dragon if she didn't get out of the town soon. He knews very well how prone non-humanoids was to this kind of accusation.

"I guess this will be my way to pay for the dragonscale, huh. Kindle, go pick the dragon up... and the boy too." The golem nodded as it did what it was ordered to. Lifting dragon-form Truri up and put her on its shoulder like a sack of potato, it would do the same to Lithe if he didn't avoid it. Meanwhile Thorinn approached Nate and tapped him on the leg.

"Good job calming them down, wizard. But I don't think the dragon would be safe in this town. People dead, building destroyed. Someone will be blamed sooner or later. I don't want that person to be me, or the dragon. So I will carry her to the swamp in the north and set up a camp there."

ThomasYeagger ThomasYeagger Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire LuvDragon LuvDragon

Last edited by a moderator:
full

Megir had just separated Lithe and the goblin when Lithe ran off. Taking the girl with him. If it had been anyone else she would have worried. She knew he was just trying to do what he thought was best. But everyone else seemed upset. Not that she could blame them. They didn't know each other or what they were thinking. Her rats would have only eaten a nice small controlled hole in the floor But the rot spell made the hole a bit bigger.

The redhead man casted a spell in a peculiar voice freezing water and ale over the ceiling, reinforcing it. Then the one with the potions mixed something and climbed up the walls. Seeing how everything was going sideways so fast, she sent the rats away and simply followed, walking back out of the basement the same way she came in. Thanks to the second speech the mage gave everyone was calming down or leaving. Good. She really didn't want to fight anymore.

It was a shot to see the girl back in dragon form once more only now she was asleep. Lithe pinned under her as the goblin had the golem picked up the dragon and Lithe. That was if he wanted to be picked up. Flexing her jaw in frustration, she walked over to the man who picked up and hugged the small animal. "I hope she is ok." Megir said in a subtle tone, talking about Asteri. Then she looked around at everyone else. "I agree with the goblin. I think we need to leave. Like now." This was her home in a way. They accepted her here. Or they did. Maybe not after this.

"I have a small place not far from here. It's not fancy and it lacks a few things. But it would be safe enough for us to sit a while" She looked to the dragon and let out a snort. "Besides we don't need the dragon waking on the golem's shoulder and panicking again." They needed a chance to simply sit and talk. A place where no innocent bystanders would be hurt if they broke out into another fight. "But Lithe is coming too. Not left for the town to take out their frustrations on." She looked to the goblin. "This way we can let the dragon sleep in a safe place?" Then she looked to the redhead. "And you can have the talk with her without interruption." She started for the door and paused. "Come on. It's safe." Megir says trying to get everyone to follow. Seemed sooner they were out of town the better at this point.

Name: Megir II Location: Kaladorei II With: Truri, Lithe, Thorinn, Nate, Taneras II Doing: trying to get out of town II theme song

Last edited:

MECYstU.jpg
"You seem to be operating under the assumption that I am asking you questions as some sort of scheme to uncover all your deepest darkest secrets. Mostly I just want to know who you are. Your answer of Koran, while somewhat amusing, was rather sparse and uninformative. I ask questions of you less for the information, and more to see how you choose to answer. Your views on humans for example. Somewhat bitter, to say the least. Sounds to me like you've tried to live amongst them before. Betrayal perhaps. A friend or a love exposed to the truth and turned hostile. Or maybe you shifted to help someone in danger and they reacted not so well. So very many ways for things to go wrong, but perhaps I am mistaken. Either way I will refrain from asking those particular questions."

She continues to stare up unblinkingly at the moon. So very still that she could have been mistaken for a sculpture.
"You call them frail and narrow minded. Perhaps. But I have watched, and seen so very many things that defy understanding or reason. I have seen men of the law betray it, while men who hate the law show kindness. Men who labor their days and strength away to come home to woman who despise them for never being there. I have seen creators of art and beauty held in contempt, while bringers of death and destruction are praised and worshiped. Women who trade themselves away for coin to feed their children, while others do the same to ignore their children. I have watched the wise make themselves foolish with wines and medicines. Warriors who feel pain when harming others and healers who take pleasure in the same. Humans are the most savage and gentle, treacherous and loyal, chaotic and fascinating creatures I have ever seen. I can't help but want to join in and see what it is like for myself."

Stretching one last time, Ciara stands with her back to Koran. Clothing materializing over her body, as the water along her skin froze into a dusting of frost that glittered in the moonlight, though her hair remained damp and dripping steadily.

"I intend to interact with humans more, and that is a lot easier when their blood is still inside their bodies. You ask to use me as an informant, and from the sound it seems we benefit mutually from such an arrangement. Two questions still remain and so I ask, where are you going, and can I come with you?"

Squee Squee

fSegSmR.jpg
Koran was almost disappointed by her response. He was beginning to think that she was investigating something to do with the barrier and that he'd have the opportunity to play two sides a little bit. Hearing that she was only interested in learning about him sounded boring until he gave it more thought and realized that it was actually... rather flattering. Their chase through the forest, their conversation... Her guesses about his past were insightful- the details were all wrong, but she was right about one thing- there were a lot of ways for things to very very wrong.

He listened to her description of humans, or rather the description of her perspective on humans, and he found himself able to appreciate it. She struck him as the kind of creature that might either be immortal or at the very least live for a very very long time, so it made sense that she would take interest in the things she described. It was odd though, because usually living the span of many lifetimes made most creatures more jaded to the day to day.

Not for the first time, he found himself staring at her. Not because she was beautiful, not because she was enchanting, but because for the first time in longer than he could remember, he was genuinely curious about someone. Okay, yes... watching her get out of the water did warrant other reasons for staring- but he quickly reminded himself that he wasn't going to go there. Too many stories ended with a version of 'and then the idiot started sleeping with her'.

"First, I'm going back for my things. Blending in in most towns usually means having clothes. After that, I don't know yet," he replied, "I expect the effort to strengthen the barrier will need further investigation. I'll have to think about it. And yes, I suppose if you want to come you can... just keep your distance when the Beast is loose- it doesn't play nice even with allies."

Following her out of the water, Koran raked his fingers through his wet hair over the top of his head to keep it out of his face. He looked through the forest back the way they came, his eyes betraying his fatigue at the thought of having to transform yet again. The raw wound in the back of his shoulder dripped watered down blood down the muscles of his back, still refusing to fully close. While it technically remained his only proper injury, he had still depleted almost all of his energy and he always wanted to save some for emergencies. No, no more transforming tonight unless it was absolutely necessary.

So we walk...

Before he started off, he looked over at his strange companion. "What do you go by?"

XtaticSoda XtaticSoda

[Location: Kaladorei. Inn With: Megir Yhmera Yhmera Thorinn Ace Cream Ace Cream Mentions: Truri LuvDragon LuvDragon Nate ThomasYeagger ThomasYeagger Asteri darkborn darkborn ]​

Lithe hadn't put much thought in the consequences of his actions. He almost never did, things happened, to him to other people, it was a way of life. Originally, the spell he'd aimed to cast with the fairy and dragon would have put everyone in a very merry mood, an almost drunk like state that would have been fun for all involved. It was easier to get along when all of your problems were just whisked away. Alas, that wasn't to be. Now he was trapped under a Dragon.

"Not the most enjoyable time under a woman" Lithe mumbled to himself in the darkness as he ran through the events that had transpired before his current predicament. He'd leapt out of the basement through the hole he'd created, a controlled rot spell that he could easily return and repair, and made for the door before the woman in his arms whispered an apology before passing out. Then she'd rapidly gained mass, returning to her dragon form. Lithe was an impressive mage, but he wasn't physically strong enough to lift a warhorse sized dragon. The way she'd grown, it had completely trapped him underneath her belly. To top it off, he was quite sure the small creature she'd been carrying had attempted to burn him alive with a flash. Cute. Maybe when he got out of this, he'd feign being severely injured for it's benefit.

Still, he was trapped, though was much softer than scales and he had a relatively cost effective spell that could refresh his air...but that was it. So he just laid there, listening to the deep breathing of the creature on top of him until he fell asleep.

For a moment anyway before a rather loud voice woke him up, though surprisingly not the Dragoness "Well, how rude. Doesn't this fellow know that we are trying to sleep?" he huffed "It's nice and warm right here...I could get used to this..."

Then he was rudely snapped out of his almost dream state once more when the dragon was lifted off of him and then he himself was picked up "Oh! The golem from before! and the Goblin! Well met, thanks for getting me out of my self made predicament" he dangled over the Golem's shoulder like a rag doll, though it certainly wasn't as comfortable as his previous lodgings.

"Hey Megir, did you happen to see who was being so loud a second ago? This fine lady on the other shoulder is attempting to sleep and being loud is so rude" he giggled. Alright, so maybe his refreshing air spell hadn't been perfect, he'd already been running out of air when he'd cast the spell.

"OH! Someone tell that little Carbuncle that it's light was very painful, I barely survived!" he laughed "It was very impressive though, very bright"

1614362006219.pngNate waited calmly till the inn was empty. Only the different adventurers and fighters who helped with the werewolf remained. The goblin's golem managed to carry the dragon, and the other mage too... Nate gave Lithe a very stern stare as the others spoke. The goblin wanted them to go north, to the swamps.. That worked, but the idea displeased Nate already. Eventually he turned to Megir and nodded at her.

"This does sound like a good idea. We caused enough damages to this already mourning people, and the dragoness shouldn't have to take the blame for it. I do not enjoy invoking my own name in such a way, so please don't have me forced to do it again. " As he said so, Nate's eye went back to Lithe.

"Mind you not use magic in such a reckless manner ? You two have our goblin friend to thank for he payed for your damages. Being stronger than the common folk doesn't come without a price and that is the responsibility of your own actions. One doesn't imbue destruction in someone else's home or shop and saving someone shouldn't come at the expense of others. "

Looking around, Nate realized that was their whole party for now. A goblin and his golem, a half orc, the careless magician, the dragoness and OH ! The alchemist. The one who had tried his best the whole time but stayed discreet, the one who managed to use some magic without taking a building down. He smiled at Tanneras gently.

" Will you go with us my dear ? You proved yourself to be of good help, certainly a wise companion. As a potion maker you might be able to help our dragon guest... Of course as a wandering mage, I do not own enough money to pay for such a service... I can only ask for a favor. Maybe Elre will accept to give you some dust, once he awakes. "

Nate didn't know why Truri was fainted, he didn't think she was simply out of strength so obviously to him, she had to be magically wounded somehow. Elre was still resting, quite tired, so he wouldn't be of any help for a moment and they would have to find other ways to take care of their wounded and that could be a perfect spot for Tanneras. Nate's face relaxed even more as he laid eye on Asteri, the cute creature acting in such a precious way. To be accompanied by such a creature he had to be a good guy. Yes, besides the dragoness, this alchemist was the one he would be the most interested in.

1614362052959.png

Name: Nate Location: First floor of the inn With: Megir, Truri, Lithe, Thorinn, Tanneras Doing: Talking, trying to get the party together. Theme: Anthem of the forests.( Nate's Mana 70)
Elre: With Nate, recovering from the last post's action. (Elre's mana: 40) Elre's theme: La cerise

gifts-gothic-and-fantasy-figurines-and-statues-dragons-white-dragon-of-wisdom-dragon-figurine.jpg
Truri
{ With: Megir, Nenya, Lithe, Nate, Tanah } { Location: whereever the golem is } { Theme: Oceandeep }​

The dragon was limp as the golem picked her up. The tip of her long tail twitching every so often. Her scaled chest rising and falling slowly with each slumbered breath. Her chest was warm. The dragons natural body heat warmer than that of a human. The inner flame always burning within her chest. Once settled onto the the golem's shoulders, she curled ever so slightly. Much like a cat curling around a person's shoulders would do. Not having a care as to what was happening right then and there. On a rare occasion a snort of bluish grey smoke drifted out of a nostril. Still she didn't wake. For the moment, wanted or not, she was at peace. Lost in dreams as she recovered her strength and energy.

As voices mixed and mingled her ears would twitch and shift lazily. As if she would wake. But the eyes never seemed to open as she simply rested. in the back of her mind she knew she needed to wake. To shift and possibly flee if she could. However nothing could be done about that right now. There was something about them going somewhere. It hardly registered in her mind. The haze of her slumbering state and lake of energy demanding that she keep resting for now.

darkborn darkborn

Last edited:
Name: Conner II Location: Kaladorei II With: Megir, Lithe, Nate, Tanah, Truri, Thorinn II 1849b25663bcdaf0c2c620f2a2fdbaff.jpg

His night at the tavern hadn't been going as planned. He had orders to be in the town of Kaladorei. Something about hags and missing children. He'd been there for a few days and had yet to find them. Could have something to do with his time at the tavern, always with a drink in his hand. That night he wasn't in the mood to mingle and had turned in early. Not sleeping. Just laying in bed and watching the ceiling. Trying to quiet the demons in his head. That was when all the ruckus broke out. "Oh for heaven sakes." Conner growled between clenched teeth. Pulling himself reluctantly out of bed. Strapping his rapier and short sword to his hip and slinging the longbow over his back. A whip was curled up and rested against his back left pocket.

Once again, screams rang out and the building trembled from the commotion from downstairs. Not how he was wanting to spend his night. Fighting drunks and... "Are they screaming about a dragon?" Pulling the door open, he watched as a few people went running by. Screaming and hollering. Looked like the king was right to send him there after all. The town had more troubles than the king even knew about. Conner almost stumbled his way down the stairs as he slipped and lost his footing. Letting out a resounding "Whoa... " Catching his balance on the last step.

Looking around the tavern, the place was now a wreck and almost empty. Hardly a soul to be seen. That didn't mean there weren't voices coming from outside. Too many voices. Walking over to the bar, he fixed himself a pint. "I'll pay for this later." He said lifting the mug up to the few people that were remaining. Making his way to the door, Conner paused for a second. Thinking about pulling a weapon then thought better of it. Simply listening as he sipped the drink slowly. Before stepping out, Conner spilt some on himself making sure he smelt of alcohol. His clothes weren't rags but they were threadbare. What was once the finest of clothes were now stained and had seen better days. A faded family crest marked the left breast. Now only small fragments could be made out.

A brow rose as he took in the scene before him. A halforc, a goblin, a golem carrying a dragon, and a man? Then there was the redhead, a blond, and an unearthly pale person. What in the name of the gods had he just walked into? "Reminds me of a bad joke." He slurred, looking miss matched bunch over one by one. The dragon was of interest. It shouldn't be on this side of the barrier. "Will have to check into that." Conner said absentmindedly. "If you all don't mind. What in the name of Egen is going on here?" Malar being the goddess of strength.

Last edited:

MECYstU.jpg
"I go by many things, and have been called many things, but I would appreciate being called Ciara."

She watched him stare off into the forest. Ah, he didn't bring his things with him? I suppose that makes sense. Now that she thought back she distinctly remembered him stripping off his clothing and leaving behind a pack when she had baited him to chase her. Oops. Still even if they planned on taking a leisurely pace, it would be far easier for him as a wolf, seeing as he clearly didn't have any clothing. Was this human form more natural to his kind then? Did it require some manner of energy or power to shift, or does this beast he spoke of take over when he does? There was certainly a feral ferocity when he hunted her as a wolf.

Regardless there was no point in letting the walk be miserable for him. One of her tails swung round in front of her and she reached a hand out to it. Closing her eyes, her hand sank into the fur. A frown of concentration on her face as she visualized what she wanted. Not a month before further up into the northern mountains, she had come upon a dying man. That was it! Her fingers gripped at the collar of a coat and she pulled it free as her other hand dove in to retrieve the other piece. A large royal blue winter coat lined with the soft cream of sheep's wool and a pair of black trousers being dragged out of the fox girl's tail like some absurd magic trick.

"Catch!" She calls to Koran playfully tossing the clothing at his head. Not giving him much time before a pair of heavy fur lined boots followed after. She was curious if he would think it a trick or not. It was hard to decide whether it was more fun to mess with people who knew nothing of her kind, or those who knew enough to question her every action. Still, a part of her felt bad as well. He had agreed to her game, she could have at least offered to safeguard his things and bring them along. Though he likely would have refused that offer anyway.

"You played with me, so you can borrow those until we get your things back. The boots may be a bit tight, but they should do for a short mile or two."

She skipped a few paces a head and let out a whistle into the dark of the woods, two fingers held to her lips. Warm orbs of light winking into existence around her one by one. Five in total waving and floating around her. Cupping her hands around her mouth she leaned in and whispered. All five orbs drifting in towards her hands as if to listen before drifting off ahead and lighting a path through the wood.

"C'mon now, you had other things to do right? Though I'd suggest sleep, you look like you need some."

Squee Squee

duskwalker3.jpgTaneras Aldon
Interactions: Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire , ThomasYeagger ThomasYeagger , Yhmera Yhmera , Ace Cream Ace Cream
Mentions: LuvDragon LuvDragon , XtaticSoda XtaticSoda , Squee Squee

Taneras had let go of Asteri, and she floated around him, her orbit trailing over his head. Meanwhile, Tanah put two fingers on his temple, rubbing it as he tried to reason his way out of helping this sketchy Goblin. Well, to be fair, all goblins were sketchy. But this one was more so! But money was money, and Taneras could probably do more good trailing the lot and keeping an eye on the goblin, rather than just not coming... He trailed behind everyone else as they paraded outside the inn. He just shook his head at the scene, but then the half orc came up to him, and asked in a quiet tone if Asteri was alright. Asteri, ever the one to appreciate the attention, trilled in approval. Tanah just rolled his eyes at Asteri's preening, and gave the half-orc a tentative smile. "S-she's been through worse. She's a sl-slippery one."

Asteri's preening quickly turned into a small growl, which Taneras knew that Asteri thought was menacing. Unfortunately, it came off as cute. But Taneras knew Asteri. He knew she was trying to fluff herself up to make herself appear more intimidating, which, again, never worked. But something had caught her ire. He looked, and was soon rewarded with the source of Aster's disproval. The blonde wizard. He was dangling from the shoulder of the golem, talking away to the half-orc, who's name was apparently Megir. And so that meant that the blonde wizard was named Lithe. Joy. Taneras gave a little frown of disproval at the man, but Asteri gave a slightly mollified huff at the man's apparent recognition of her insane, godly powers. Taneras couldn't help but roll his eyes again; Asteri, and her delusions.

Then came the redhead wizard- er, Nathadeus. "Will you go with us my dear? You proved yourself to be of good help, certainly a wise companion. As a potion maker you might be able to help our dragon guest..." At that, Tanah shuffled his feet, looked down, and muttered something indistinguishable, tugging at his new bracelet. Why did the dragon need a potion maker for help? Was there something wrong with her that he didn't see? Taneras, with his head still down, put a hand on his chin, brow furrowing in thought. Granted, he never really checked her over, but there was nothing really WRONG about her appearance. No cuts, no bruises- if scales could bruise. (And oh, did Taneras want a scale to test to see what it could do. But, but consideration of others first. Profit second.) Maybe it was a magical ailment, or a mental one? Maybe...
"Of course as a wandering mage, I do not own enough money to pay for such a service... I can only ask for a favor. Maybe Elre will accept to give you some dust, once he awakes." At that, Taneras' head snapped up. Potential payment AND a rare alchemical component? Not to mention that going may actually be beneficial, as he could keep an eye on the goblin? There seemed to be more and more reasons to join on the quest, despite Tanah's indisposition... And then came the part where they were heading to the swamp. Taneras needed some alchemical components from a swampy biome, and he really couldn't have gone there alone... Taneras sighed, before looking up at Nathadeus, and finally mumbling, "S-s-sure... I guess I n-needed an excuse to j-journey around for some alchemical r-reagents.." He immediately reddened, and put his head down again.

Taneras had counted everyone, he was fairly certain. Megir, Lithe, Nathadeus, the goblin, and him. Factoring in Asteri, the golem, and the fairy- whom Tanah guessed was Elre; who else could provide fairy dust but a fairy?- that made for eight adventurers. "L-lemme get my stuff together..." But before the young alchemist could head to the inn, someone else stumbled out from it.

Taneras blinked in suprise. This man had slept through a werewolf attack and a mob riot!? How... how in all the nine planes did... The smell of alcohol wafted up to him. Oh. The man had hangover. ...That actually must've been a massive drinking spree he went on if he slept through such a mess. Tanah glanced at Nathadeus, before resuming his stare at the other, rather tattered man. He then shook his head, and called to Asteri: "C'mon, Aster! Let's get our stuff together..." Aster gave a chirp, and floated serenely behind him as he walked past the man, shoulders hunched, into the inn, and up the stairs.Carbuncle 2.png

Then came the real test: Cleaning up his mess. The two immediately set out to work, Tanah gently picking up his glass alembic, before gingergly handing it to Asteri, who in turn flew inside the bag- yes, the bag was a bag of holding. It was indispensable, as items inside this extradimensional space really didn't rattled around, and as a result, wouldn't break due to being rough. Unfortunately, this bag was a small one, about the size of, well, a small backpack. Furthermore, it could only hold about sixteen cubit feet, and only about a hundred pounds of weight. Thankfully, it was large enough to hold all of his more delicate items. But enough about his gift from Master Adil. Down came the various parchments of paper and alchemical reagents drying from strings hanging from wall to wall. The cluttered papers were soon stuffed inside his various journals- well, four, to be exact. Two were alchemical recipe books, while two more were simply compilations of his drawings of various fauna and flora... Speaking of. He would have to see if the dragon would be alright with him drawing her. ...Or maybe he could pull it off while she was asleep...

As Taneras started picking up his good mortar and pestle, the diamond tipped one, to put in his satchel, his eyes landed on his new bracelet. He stopped for a moment, and examined it. This was made of... Fur? Hair? ...Wait, was it from her? Tanah's face reddened as this realization dawned on him. But that was soon replaced by questions. She had two tails; Taneras had never quite seen someone like that. He'd have to get a book describing the humanoid creatures... But there were other questions: Who was she? Why did she leave so suddenly? Where did she head to? How did she ghost away so quickly? Maybe he could find out if he tested on a strand... Tanah shook his head. Whatever this bracelet was, it was a gift, and Taneras was not going to sully the intention by subjecting it to various alchemical processes.

Tanah shook his head. He had no way of answering most of these questions, and besides, he had little time to ponder these anyways. As the last of his worldly possessions were packed away, he turned to Asteri, and smiled at her, motioning at her to come closer. When she did so, he took off her harness, and placed the piece of gear and its potions inside his small bag of holding. Finally, he was packed. He and Asteri rushed downstairs, and outside. But once so, what Tanah first saw stopped him cold.

A couple of townsfolk were lifting up a dead guard. Taneras saw that along with that, there was a older woman crying over said corpse. His mouth set in a determined line. That werewolf would pay for what it had done. ...And Taneras needed to do something in this town; maybe he couldn't do it tonight, but maybe, just maybe...

He turned to face the goblin. "We're going to need supplies for this trip. N-not much, but I'm of the o-o-o... I think that this village will have enough for us. I know things were.. he-hectic.. in the inn, but things will s-s-surely have set-t-ttled down once we come back tomorrow morning."

Thorinn Quickfeet
full

Kaladorei / everyone except Koran and Ciara / to the camp!

"A camp sounds nice! Come on, Kindle." Thorinn replied happily and urged his golem to carry the dragon and the boy along as he followed Megir towards their destination. If she had at least a safe clearing that would be more than sufficient for him. The goblin then shifted his attention to answer the alchemist's question.

"I don't fancy going back here for a while, alchemist. But if you want to you are free to do that. Just, don't take too much time. We're still going to start moving in the morning. Hopefully the dragon recover soon."

Before they could walk far a human emerged from the inn and asked them what happened. Thorinn squinted his eyes a bit at the stranger's attire, noticing the faded crest but didn't knew well enough about nobility to recognize it. All he knew was that the clothes wasn't a cheap one.

"Sleeping through the carnage, human? Werewolf attacked the village but we were able to repel it." Thorinn glanced at the unconscious Truri, the goblin decided to not bring the topic. He didn't want the dragon to attract more attention than she already was. So he just tipped his worker hat as a salute gesture to the man and continue walking.

Yhmera Yhmera darkborn darkborn Acheron Acheron

Last edited by a moderator:
full

Looking around the group, taking a quick headcount before heading off. Only her count came up with one extra person. Turning her head she looked back, realizing the man spoke to them. He smelt drunk. Just what they didn't need. "Nothing is going on. We are leaving. Nothing more." Letting out a slow breath, she placed a hand back on the hilt of her shortsword. There had been too much going on to simply trust some drunk that followed them out.

The moment they crossed to the outside of town, her boar joined them. Quietly plodding along as it walked. "It's not too far out but it will be a bit of a walk. Again, the place isn't anything fancy" She followed a thin path between the marshy swamps and the forest line. Something that looked a bit like a herd trail that was no longer used. The air was a bit color out there, close to the swamps. After some time the trail opened to a small clearing with a hide-covered lean-to like tent.

Outside of the tent was a little fire pit with a small castiron pot hanging over it. Some bags and a bundle of rope sat against a nearby tree. Inside the lean-to was enough room for 2 maybe 3 people of they were small enough. On one corner was a bed made out of furs. Small pouches of herbs, some water skins, and other essentials for living on your own. Overall there wasn't much. She lived a simple life.

"Was going to resupply in the morning before coming back. However, those plans have now been changed." She sighed. It was so late and she was tired. "I'm going to get us some meat and shrooms. There was a patch of wild carrots around here as well." Looking to the sleeping dragon. "She can have the bed." Turning, Megir and her Boar started off into the forest. Let him figure everything else out on their own. "At least I got my bath." She grumbled to herself, fading into the treeline.

Name: Megir II Location: Kaladorei II With: Truri, Lithe, Thorinn, Nate, Conner, Taneras II Doing: trying to get out of town II theme song

[Location: Kaladorei. Inn With: Taneras darkborn darkborn Nate ThomasYeagger ThomasYeagger Mentions: Truri LuvDragon LuvDragon Megir Yhmera Yhmera Thorinn Ace Cream Ace Cream Conner Acheron Acheron ]
Lithe swung himself around so that he was sitting on the Golem's shoulder as his head cleared up a bit. Unfortunate as he was enjoying the buzzed feeling he'd gotten from being deprived of his air. He looked thoughtful as Nate admonished him before shrugging as he pointed towards the ice patching up the hole he'd created "Minor damage I could have returned to fix easily enough" he sniffed slightly "By the smell of that ice...I'd say a decent amount of it was alcohol, the quality of which I can't rightly know without tasting it, but even common barrels of wine can run between three to fifteen gold a barrel. The really good stuff is about four hundred a barrel, give or take economic values" he wiggled his hand and adjusted himself as the golem began to move at the Goblin's orders "Not to mention the obvious damage cost to the basement and surrounding area once said liquid melts and gets into the foundation"

The blond man's eyes latched onto the newcomer, observing him with keen intellect before shrugging and following Asteri with a curious gaze. He'd never seen that type of creature before. It looked so soft. Lithe wanted to pet it...but given its apparent dislike of him at the moment, maybe it was best to wait a bit. He blinked and realized his thoughts had gotten away from him as the Golem had already carried him a decent ways to Megir's encampment, the cooler air having snapped him out of it "Swampland, it is always interesting to me that it smells so strongly" he rolled over the shoulder to look at the alchemist "You work with plants right? I was once told that swampland plants are the reason for the powerful odors, care to verify that?"

"I'm actually quite interested in alchemy but I've never been very good at it" he lifted up the vial that was on a rope around his neck "Only ever made this one thing. Glitterdust. Fun to use at parties" he laughed.

1614563026066.pngNate was pleased when he heard the alchemist's answer was positive. This shy guy really seemed to be nice, and again... To be followed by such an unusual creature meant he was a good person, right ? As he scolded Lithe he didn't expect an actual answer, but the man still snapped out of his sleepy state and answered him. Nate's brow jumped once as Lithe talked about the damage he himself had caused. That little... He was right, thought Nate had to react quickly back there, to avoid a very bad injury to himself, and all thanks to the orc and this magician using their powers on the ceiling...

" What I did and the goods I wasted were all to save people and myself as the ceiling threatened to crumble... And not at the extent of other's people safety. If there had been anyone over our heads when you broke the ceiling they would have been badly injured, but wine can be bought back. "

Nate decided not to spend much more energy on useless fights. He knew not everyone agreed on his own way to use magic, and he couldn't enforce his own views on others... He could scold on over careless or dangerous actions though, and that he did already. Spending more time on it would be useless, and could only end up antagonizing someone who might just have made a mistake.

As they moved on, Nate followed calmly. He regretted not having a good stick to help with long walks. He didn't need a special tool to use magic, but having a nice wooden cane was nice, he just always forgot those at random taverns, or broke them. As they moved out of town, the golem holding both of the dragon and Lithe, he just followed in silence. He did stop for a few moments though, once in the forest. He placed a hand on the trunk and recited a few words. It was the first time he used magic but none of his words resonated in any way, it was like he just whispered to the tree. The tree suddenly grew a new branch, a peculiarly straight one that extended until it was just the right size, with an up a bit wider than the other, ending in a sort of hollow root that would be a perfect receptacle for any kind of stone. The stick broke itself free from the trunk as Nate grabbed it, and so he followed the rest of the group, now using this nice cane to walk.

Once they arrived at the camp, he was quite tired and quickly sat on the first spot he found, a small wooden stand. Ironically, that was when Elre felt like waking up. The fairy yawned and flew off Nate's shoulder, turning around to seize his surroundings. Nate yawned as Elre spoke.

"Hey where are we ?!"
" This is the she orc's camp. It's all settled now, the dragon's more or less fine, she's been quite sleepy though... Well, just like you. So you lazy bug, mind telling me more about all this ? "

And with this, Elre landed on a table in there, standing, and told all who'd listen what happened back at the inn. True to himself, Elre spoke really fast, almost shooting words like an overly hyped kid.

" Well... There was a witch, a crazy and scary old woman ! She came out of nowhere, and she was just sitting there, and she told the dragon she was waiting for her ! She also told me I was but a slave to humans ! That crazy old... A-and then, she talked about stuff ! She said she wanted someone from out of the barrier, and she showed two scrolls.... And she asked her to prove her right or wrong about something I didn't understand and... And there were those snakes too, both rolled over her stick ! And then when the girl touched a scroll, she starting telling stuff like a puppet and before I realized it she was a dragon ! O-oh and before all that, she sang and it healed people ! She's a good person, that's why she needed our help ! "

Nate listened calmly, though he laughed a bit when he heard how annoyed Elra was to be called a slave to humans. He was thoughtful through most of the story, wondering both why a dragon was there and what this witchy woman was up to... She clearly was the one who cast that spell on the dragon girl, but all she had been doing was talking and freaking out...Wouldn't a witch who manages to control a dragon turn the beast toward the folk, and cause desolation ? Nate was too lost in his own thoughts to realize Megir was gone already, his one visible eye locked mindlessly on the wall in front of him while Elre caught his breath from the fast speech, and inspected the other adventurers form his spot on the wooden table, his face curious and... somehow judgmental ?

1614563056431.png

Name: Nate Location: Megir's camp. With: Megir?, Truri, Lithe, Thorinn, Tanneras Doing: Talking with Elre and thinking. Theme: Anthem of the forests.( Nate's Mana 70)
Elre: With Nate, judging you. (Elre's mana: 40) Elre's theme: L'apologie

Last edited:
Name: Koran Location: the woods With: Ciara and a mysterious figure Theme: J'nanin

fSegSmR.jpg
The clothing was unexpected, but Koran certainly wasn't going to turn it down. Her magic trick did earn her a quizzical look from the werewolf, as if he was silently asking her what else she kept in her tail. He put on the coat and pants, but the boots he just carried- walking barefoot was absolutely no problem for him.

He listened to the kitsune make idle chatter, still not entirely sure how he thought about taking her behaviors at face value. He'd never encountered a fae creature like her before- only pixies and sprites and such, and only on a very limited basis, and many many years ago. He was starting to think that she didn't have any ulterior motivations- or at least none that concerned him- and that was reassuring. He was starting to like the idea of her company for as long as she could tolerate him.

His things were exactly where he had left them- as he had expected they would be. No one around for miles meant there was little concern for trespassers. After changing into his own clothes, he made a basic camp with a campfire and his bedroll, and offered Ciara his second waterskin before working on the fire.

Are you alone? the familiar voice asked in his head.

Koran sat back on his heels and resisted the urge to give a pithy answer. "I'm going to get more firewood," he said to Ciara as he stood up. "Don't let the fire go out."

Heading away from the camp, he looked over his shoulder to make sure she wasn't going to insist on coming with and then moved further into the dark woods. "What do you want?" he asked. There was no reply for several seconds, and Koran was just about to turn back when a dark figure suddenly materialized before him.

Startled, Koran jumped back and muttered a curse under his breath. "What in the nine hells are you doing here?" he asked in the dark tongue.

The humanoid figure was a couple inches over six feet, his face covered by a deep hood. "I told you I'd be keeping tabs on your progress," he answered in the same language. "You didn't think I'd leave you down here all by yourself did you?"

Koran folded his arms across his chest. "I'm perfectly capable of handling it," he said gruffly, his posture rigid and defensive. "And I didn't need you interfering with my fight. Those ridiculous mages were wasting their breath on pointless spells."

The figure chuckled. "Perhaps if you hadn't spent almost and hour slaughtering townsfolk first you could have outlasted them, but then again, I don't think either of us have seen you take on a bolt of lightning yet either. Have you learned anything else?"

"No. Well... yes. There's some kind of effort being made to strengthen the barrier, but I don't know how or who's doing it yet," Koran replied.

"Interesting..." the figure murmured to himself. "You'll need to look into that."

Koran gave half a snort, letting his gaze scan through the forest for a moment. "I still don't see why you don't just get one of our proper spies to come do the spying. Reconnaissance isn't exactly my forte."

This time the figure gave a proper laugh. "No, it certainly isn't. But then again, none of my 'proper spies' can survive a lightning strike much less get through the barrier now can they?" He stepped forward and paused almost shoulder to shoulder with Koran. "Find out everything you can about how they plan to strengthen the barrier, and stop them."

He handed Koran a small vial, and then stepped passed him as he moved into the darkness. "I'll be in touch," and with that, the figure draw a quick arcane symbol in the air with his hand, a blue ring of magic briefly appearing on the ground beneath his feet before both vanished.

Koran stood where he was for a moment glaring at a tree. Whatever good mood his killing and hunting and time with Ciara had put him in was gone. Now he was just exhausted and pissed. Heading back to camp, he remembered just in time that he was supposed to return with firewood and grabbed a large log before returning. He tossed it on the fire and sat down on his bedroll watching the flames char the bark and pop the bugs that were futilely trying to escape it.

XtaticSoda XtaticSoda

Thorinn Quickfeet
full

Megir's camp / nate, Truri, Lithe, Tanneras / preparing for the night

"This is sufficient!!" Thorinn glanced around the camp, looking satisfied with what he seen. Definitely better than murky wetland! He then ordered the golem to drop Truri inside the tent and put down Lithe. The goblin overheard the fairy recounting of what was happened inside the inn and squinted when he heard about crazy old woman causing the incident.

"Bah, we should be cautious of this old woman then. She might come for the dragon again." Thorinn said as he climbed onto his golem's back and opened a lid for him to slid in. That was kindle's maintenance compartnent, a room big enough for someone as small as Thorinn to fit inside. A hammering noise could be heard inside as the goblin started to fix some of the broken parts caused by the werewolf, breaking the silent atmosphere on the camp.

LuvDragon LuvDragon ThomasYeagger ThomasYeagger

duskwalker3.jpg
Taneras Aldon
Interaction: Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire , LuvDragon LuvDragon , Ace Cream Ace Cream || Mention: Yhmera Yhmera , ThomasYeagger ThomasYeagger
It was time to go. The others were leaving, and Taneras had no desire to be left behind. He glanced one last time at the departing mourners, before trudging behind everyone else. The going was tough; while Tanah was by no means a spoiled brat, he always felt like he was more of an urbanite than one who could just... walk through nature as if they were one. Something like that. Despite his rather uncomfortable trip, it was by no means unprofitable. Tanah almost lost the group a couple of times, oftentimes falling behind to make sure to inspect some plants, and even grab some components. Through it all, Tanah was quiet, though Asteri was certainly all abuzz, flying around, enjoying the trees.

At least, until she flew straight into a cobweb.

After that little fiasco, she settled down on Taneras' shoulder huffing and generally being displeased with the sticky feeling on her fur. While Tanah could smile at her antics, it was only just so. The rest of his trek with the group would have continued in relative silence from him, if not for the questioning of Lithe: "You work with plants right? I was once told that swampland plants are the reason for the powerful odors, care to verify that?"

Taneras stayed quiet for a moment, eyes facing forward and his gait unchanging. However, he managed to answer a moment later: "..P-partially. While th-the plants do p-produce a powerful s-s-smell, m-most of what you sm-smell is actually s-s-s-sul... er, br-brimstone.. and other re-rea-reagents in a gaseous f-form. I-it comes from ei-either the ground or v-various dying p-plants and cr-cr-cr-... anim-m-mals."

At that, he became quiet, reddening slightly. Though, that led Tanah's thought process down a rather interesting road; one that was welcomed, as it helped him escape his brooding. Sulfur. The alchemical element most often related to entropy, dissolution, expansion, and ironically, the soul. Why was this ironic? Taneras had heard so many stories about Will-O-Wisps and other such ghosts haunting swamps... perhaps there really was a connection there, between the sulfur and incorporeal?

"I'm actually quite interested in alchemy but I've never been very good at it." At that, Taneras looked at Lithe; the man was holding a vial from a rather sturdy looking necklace. "Only ever made this one thing. Glitterdust. Fun to use at parties." Taneras nodded, but didn't say anything. He was falling back into his brooding.

Shortly afterwards, they made it to Megir's camp. While the rest of the party moved around, either making their way to sit, or making preparations for the night, Taneras took out his parchment and charcoal. Not the ink; ink was for finished works. He sat there for a moment, looking around the place. The camp was small. Simple. Made sense, from what he could guess from Megir's choice of attire. ...It fit. After taking a moment to look around, when the dragon was put into the tent, Tanah made a beeline for it.

That was, until the fairy, Elre, woke up, and started babbling about a witch. Tanah stopped where he was, and listened, head cocked. After the tirade was over, Tanah tapped his charcoal on his chin, leaving little smudges where it landed. He wanted to hear what the others thought. And he was soon rewarded:Carbuncle 2.png

"Bah, we should be cautious of this old woman then. She might come for the dragon again."

Tanah answered that quietly: "I-if this witch can seemingly dis-dissapear without us kn-knowing how, wouldn't she h-have taken the dragon with her? A-and why d-did she h-heal everyone in the t-tavern, b-but also f-f-f-f-... m-make the dragon show her t-t-true self?"

After asking that, he shook his head, and returned to his original planned task: Drawing the dragon herself. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity. He quietly sat down, legs crossed, and set his parchment onto a piece of wood he had for drawing. He then set to work. The camp wasn't exactly silent; the goblin's hammering made sure of that. But Tanah felt like he could get a decent drawing in. Asteri had finally recovered from her little cobweb mess, and had gleefully decided to explore again, occasionally swooping by the fairy to inspect him, and occasionally chirp at him. Meanwhile, Megir had left camp to go hunting, and Nathadeus was inspecting a new staff- wait, when did he get a new staff?

A few minutes passed before Tanah spoke again. He stopped drawing for a moment, and turned his head to look at Lithe. "Gl-glitterdust. It's n-normally made from ground M-mica covered in a ph-phosphorus and g-gum Ac-acacia, that's then d-dr-dried, th-though fairy dust c-can be more potent than ph-phosphorus." He twirled his charcoal in his fingers idly. "Th-that's not the only w-way to make it, b-but it is the s-standard, a n-nice compromise of pr-price and e-e-ef-... potency." After finishing that, he blushed once more, tugging at his bracelet, before turning back to his drawing.

While still drawing, he called out, "Do-don't worry a-a-about the c-c-c-c-c-.... the coo-cooking. I h-have some s-sugar, along with s-s-some sp-spices... a-a-and I know h-how to m-mix them into a d-d-d-... A good-d meal."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back