• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Epic Saga of Intrepid Adventurers (full)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Thorinn Quickfeet
full

Kaladorei / Megir & Nate / talking

"Neat. You two are in! I will tell a few more undisclosed details tomorrow." Thorinn cheerfully welcomed Megir and Nate into this little quest. The goblin actually expected more to join, but most people probably need some time to think before commiting to a cause. Which was why he didn't demand answer right away, he's a reasonable person.

"You have eyes for sophisticated things, wizard! This golem of mine is still far from perfect, but it is no regular golem either. I haven't show its true power to that werewolf. Ahahahahahahhahaha!" The goblin looks very proud as he patted the golem. "Your lightning was a marvelous sight to behold too, wizard! It's just such a shame that the werewolf was able to run away. I want to examine that strange collar on his neck."

Before Thorinn could talk more, a tiny fairy blitzed into the site while screaming as loud as he could manage. Thorinn squinted his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing some sort of hallucination and watched him with great interest. What happened that made a fairy in such a panic? Was the werewolf returned to the village? Hmm?

Yhmera Yhmera ThomasYeagger ThomasYeagger

MECYstU.jpg
How lovely it was to walk the forest at night amidst the rays of the moon that fragmented down through the trees. The night cool and quiet but for the ambience of nature. A life that had been quieted, choked out by the presence of the hags for far too long. To hear the its return put a skip in the fox girl's step and a smile on her face. Her mask was gone, as were three of her tails. Leaving just the one swishing slow and happy. Hands clasped behind her back as Ciara followed after the wolf at a far more leisurely place now. The forest had told her that it's guest made no attempt to flee or hide. The wolf did not fear her, nor seek to ambush her. It was a start.

Ciara's ears twitched at the steady crunch of leaves ahead. Her own steps making no such noise, nor leaving any tracks as she scampered on with a mix of trepidation and anticipation. How to approach? A ghost of the wind on his shoulder? Play with his hair perhaps? A game, or a riddle? No no, this wolf had no sense of humor, she reminded herself. Better to be simple and straightforward, boring as that was. She darted around, through the trees, taking stock of the man from different angles. She made no attempt to hide her own scent. That lightly of vanilla and cinnamon that she had taken when endearing herself amongst the villagers. She was not to careful in her play either. Sure that she was leaving glimpses of her tail, the glow of her eyes. After all, she wanted to avoid aggression.

She had told him she was coming, and she did not hide herself from him. Not past what she considered a cautionary approach anyway. Deeming it relatively safe, and readying a spell in her mind just in case, she hopped lightly up into the branches of a tree ahead of Koran. She sat on a branch just out of arms reach, and swung down to hang upside down in front of him with her arms dangling limply.

"You know, its hard to say I won, if you don't bother to try."

Name: Ciara Location: Kaladorei Woods With: Koran Doing: Scheming Theme: The Little Witch
Squee Squee

full

She was quiet as Lithe spoke. Ghellei was fun enough to be around. But overall the group was off-putting to her. She had stayed away from most of everyone as much as she could. If fights didn't break out because of her then they broke out because of other things. And no one wants to fight 24/7. "I'm glad they are well." Megir finally said. "But I'm glad they are in the past." As he asked what she had been up to her cheeks darkened. "Not as much as you it seems. Mostly been following the rumors of attacks. It's been getting worse the further north I go." She turned to look over at her old comrade. "Don't worry about it. You can ramble for the both of us."

As they got closer to the inn, a fairy came bursting out. She frowned and dropped her head. "Right. I hope it's not another wolf." As she got to the inn, Megir noticed the doors were fixed. The people looked panicked as she pushed her way in. Pulling her short sword as she went. Before she could even ask a few people pointed to a door. "Here we go again." She sighed before nodding to Lithe. "Let's do this.

She wasn't quiet or sneaky as she did anything. Nor was her weapon hidden. Only cowards did that. However, she didn't go barging on down either. Megir was slow and took her time as she made her way into the basement storage and started down the stairs. Only making it halfway down when two voices hit her ears. one was a person saying something over and over. A poem or message? The other was female. Sounded like she was trying to calm the first maybe? Once everything was in view, she froze. "A dragon. It's a little dragon." She gasped.

Name: Megir II Location: Kaladorei II With: the wolf, Lithe II Doing: heading to the inn​

Name: Koran Location: the woods With: Ciara Theme: J'nanin

fSegSmR.jpg
Walking at a steady pace through the dark trees, Koran was aware of his follower well before he could see her. A good predator always knew when it was being hunted, but he didn't feel threatened by this creature. Maybe he should have- after all it seemed apparent that she was a magic-user of some kind, and magic was definitely not his forte. But he was quite confident that if she had meant him any harm that she wouldn't have announced herself, and once she caught up with him, she didn't seem to make much effort to hide herself. It hadn't taken long for her to find him, and his guess was that she had followed him from town. She wasn't leading a mob of torch-bearing guards either. His theory was quickly proven correct when he caught her scent for the first time; he recognized it. He stopped walking for a moment as he tried to place it- someone from the fight in town.

Despite his fatigue, Koran could honestly say his interest was piqued.

The brief glimpses of her violet eyes in the dark did little to shed light on who she was. Other than pausing once in a while to see if she was doing anything in particular, Koran kept walking- content to let her set the pace of her intended conversation. When she finally did appear in front of him hanging upside down from a tree branch, Koran stopped walking and looked up at her.

The forest blocked out most of the moonlight, but even in the dark he was able to see her without effort. Her long white hair almost covered her ears, leaving the smooth pale skin of her neck exposed, but her tail was obvious. Definitely not human. Youthful, attractive, playful- cat-folk? No.. something else. Kitsune. Damn... it had been a long time since Koran had even heard of one of them. Knowing that though, he probably needed to stay sharp.

"Can't say I'm terribly in the mood for games right now," he said, "I've had my fill of fun for the night."

He was tempted to get straight to the point and ask her what she wanted, but thought better of it. That was probably a loaded question to ask a fae creature. Better to keep things casual. "I'm looking for a hot spring- I don't suppose you know if there's one nearby?"

XtaticSoda XtaticSoda

d6nbpr0-6a9f9800-f449-423a-9ce4-f5959c591701.jpg

[Location: Kaladorei. Inn With: Megir Yhmera Yhmera Truri LuvDragon LuvDragon Nenya HollowArrow HollowArrow Mentions: ]
"Given that Dragons are usually pretty rare, it is odd how often you and I run into them" Lithe said looking at the Dragon "This one is a Song Dragon and they are...absolutely beautiful!" he grinned before frowning at the content of the poem the Dragon was repeating "One for and One against" he mumbled before stepping up next to the Elf "Sounds like she has an earworm, nasty little things, can't get a song or, in this case, a poem out of your head? Earworm. 'Course if this is caused by a spellform, the normal ways of dealing with it go out the window." he waved his hand lazily "If I knew the exact spell, I could create a counter-spell, but the more fun way would be to create an even catchier tune and fill her head with it"

"Megir, any catchy songs you know?" he asked turning to her "I'm good at a lot of things, but singing is not one of them" he laughed as he scratched the back of his head "Never could get the hang of it when I was a child. I'm not tone deaf though, I am perfectly capable of enjoying good music, just can't reproduce it"

"Of course, if she is strong enough...and in her right mind she should be able to overcome whatever has overtaken her. Magic is powerful but not without loopholes, just ask any of the Fae...or don't, you are as likely to get a straight answer as a riddle. It is fun though..." his demeanor was so...non-threatening. There was no sign of acting or deception, he was just naturally disarming, never capable of staying on topic for more than a few moments at a time. Yet he never stopped moving around, his body emoting as much as his voice and attitude.

1614034203272.pngNate laughed a little bit with Thorinn's cheerful attitude. That goblin was fun for sure, not an ounce of malice or misplaced pride... This small yellow would make for a nice travelling companion. Before he could answer him again though, he heard his name and turned toward where the voice came from, only to spot Elre flying straight to him. The fairy's hurry was obvious, and as Elre stopped in front of Nate, he was staring at his small friend in surprise.

-"Naaaaate ! "

-"Hey there easy El what's u-"

-" A dragon ! At the inn ! There's that girl, and there was a witch, and a scroll, and the inn mended and and- " Elre was cut off in his super fast explanation.

-" Wait, slow down Elre ! A dragon ? You mean there's another enemy here ?!"

-" No! She helped people, she was turned into a dragon and she's scared and I think people will get the wrong idea and-"

Nate waved a hand at his friend. He understood the issue... This whole situation was a bit messy, but there was a friendly dragon scared that people might just attack her because of what she was... Who would blame them ? After a giant werewolf just killed so many villagers, a dragon would obviously not be welcomed at all. He turned to Thorin briefly, and waved at him as he almost took off, hurrying into the inn.

" Sorry my dear, I think there is an urgent situation to deal with right now, I shall meet you again later on ! "

A mere few seconds later, Nate would burst into the inn, yelling " Everyone calm down now, she's friendly !" as loud as he could, anticipating people's animosity. Without giving much care to the surrounding people he followed Elre into the basement, only to witness this scene. His new orc companion as well as her mage friend, and an elf were already there. He saw Megir had a weapon in hand, not her too ?!

" everyone stay cool, this is not an enemy... " He had to pause for a brief instant as he realized the beast was repeating something over and over again. " ...And she's been influenced by some kind of magic? El, you can do something about it ?"

" I can try !" Elre said as he flew in a slower move toward Truri's face. " Hey there... Will you let me help ?" He asked, his voice soft and reassuring, and slowly got to Truri's forehead. Would she not object, he would gently touch her there and start to glow.
1614034231555.png

Name: Nate Location: Basement of the inn With: Megir, Truri, Nenya, Lithe. Doing: Urging everyone to calm down Theme: Check Elre's theme. ( Nate's Mana 70)
Elre: With Nate now, trying to lift whatever charm is controlling Truri. (Elre's mana: 90) Elre's theme: La cerise

Name: Ciara Location: Woods With: Koran Doing: Chatting Theme: The Little Witch

MECYstU.jpg
Ciara crosses her arms and frowns. The obvious displeasure losing most of its bite from the ridiculous position she was in.
"You know the expression turn that frown upside-down? I don't think it works, cause you still don't look like a happy boy. Did those adventurers ruin your fun in the town? Do you people even like games?"

Her head tilting to a 90° angle before lifting both legs from the tree branch and falling down with a flip to land back on the forest floor with her back to him. With a twirl, she faced him again, hands going behind her back as she walked backwards a few feet ahead of him. A bounce in her step as she just watched him silently for several long seconds.

"There is a hot-spring not too far actually. You have good instinct picking this direction. Though a sense of humor would have been more fun. I can lead you there, but I want to look at that thing round your neck." She says with a grin, pointing at the collar.

Turning on her heel, leaves rising in a gust of wind as the light bent around the girl. Both dying down to reveal a rather small fox. Its fur completely white, but for the black tips of its paws, nose, ears, and two tails, making it look like it had been playing with an ink pot. The creature looked up at the man with big violet blue eyes, thin black lips somehow conveying a smug grin as it scratched at one large ear with it's hind foot.

"If you can catch me, I will show you where the spring is." The kitsune's voice as clear as it was before, but not appearing to come from any particular source.
The fox turning and bounding off not bothering to actually listen to if the man had accepted her terms or not.

Squee Squee

Truri
full

{ With: Megir, Nenya, Lithe, Nate } { Location: Kaladorei inn } { Theme: Oceandeep }​

She didn't know what to do. She could hardly react to it. She was trapped mentally and there was a strange elf asking questions. Truri wanted to scream. If that wasn't bad enough a half orc and human joined the crowd. She tried to recoil further I to the corner, not that it was possible. If her spells hadn't been spent then she would have used her breath weapon on the lot of them. Just as the thought of trying to eat them all entered her mind, the fairy returned with a red haired man. The fairy said he would help and brought a human.

Her focus returned to the blonde who seemed to know what kind of dragon she was. She had never been called by name before. The fairy came forward as she started to relax. As the fairy touched her she instantly turned back into the young woman she originally was. With long white hair and alabaster skin. Crystal eyes darting from person to person. Finally she looked to the fairy. "Please let me leave. I'm not looking to hurt anyone ."

Clearly the woman was shaken. She was forced to transform infront of everyone. They all knew the truth of her. A dragon. Hunters had more than proven humans couldn't be trusted. In every town she help they turn and chase her out. "I'll give you all a scale. Worth about 500 gold. Just let me leave." Quickly cupping her hands, when they opened a few scales rested there. Before she simply wanted rest. Now she had a need to run and hide. Looking from the fairy to the one who called her beautiful. Hunters always loved her unique mix of blue and white. But he wasn't attacking.

"I just wanted a safe place to sleep." Looking back to the fairy. "I'm sorry I scared you. Didn't mean to. I'm so sorry." Her voice held a natural sing song quality. Even in her fearful state with her body pinned in the corner. It was the natural tone of the dragon. Finally she looked the the orcish woman. "You can go. I'm not going back to the other side. You can't make me. I would rather die first!" Clearly she thought the Megir was someone else. Or worked for someone. Quickly returning her focus to the blond and the fairy once more.

Last edited:

fSegSmR.jpg

Koran watched the fae creature with caution, still not sure that she wasn't hiding ulterior motives. Her mention of his collar was a bit of a surprise seeing as he currently had it covered up, but he supposed it probably wasn't well hidden during the fight. The more he thought about it, the more he suspected the collar really was what she was most interested in. Magic was a mysterious thing, and fae were notoriously curious creatures.

Her transformation wasn't entirely unexpected- he knew of all kinds of creatures that could change their shape. But hers was certainly the most beautiful he had ever seen. It was flawless in just about every way, and as natural as a bird taking flight. Not like his own- definitely not like his own. It took him a moment to realize he had stopped walking to stare at her, then he quickly kept going and refocused his thoughts.

"Getting a little greedy, aren't you?" he asked rhetorically as he watched her prance about. "You want both to see what I'm wearing and play a game in exchange for something I can probably find on my own?" He gave her a wry smile, his dark amber eyes already narrowing on her slightest movements in anticipation of a chase. "I'll play in exchange for the location of the hot spring, on the condition that you don't use magic or trickery like teleportation or anything like that. We'll bargain terms for the thing around my neck later. Deal?"

Setting his bag down on the ground, Koran made quick work of kicking off his boots and pulling off his tunic and cloak before stuffing them inside. Unlike the creatures that could transform magically, he had the inconvenience of having to keep track of his clothing and belongings. Not bothering with his pants, he started his transformation knowing that this one wouldn't shred them. There was no point to try to make any kind of show of it- a werewolf's transformation was gruesome and terrifying, and no matter how many probably tens or hundreds of thousands times he had shifted, there was no getting used to how much it goddamn hurt every time his body broke and reformed itself. The collar as before adjusted its size to stay snug against his neck.
lAPyRBb.jpg

XtaticSoda XtaticSoda

Last edited:
Location: the woods With: Koran Theme: Through the woods we ran

MECYstU.jpg
The fox had already bounded off but circled back into view as Koran spoke. She watched him, completely still as the man laid out his terms. Her tails began swishing rapidly back and forth, dropping her front legs down so that her snout was nearly touching the ground. He didn't say no like she had thought he would. Maybe there was hope for this wolf after all. She slapped her fore-paws against the dirt and hopped back and forth making a yipping sound of impatience.

"I will not employ arcane forces in any way that will effect the outcome of the game. This is condition is accepted."

The fox sits and nods her little head regally, large ears swaying with the motion. As the man began to transform she resumed her play stance, bright eyes alert. She waited until the wolf was fully formed. Until the moment when his eyes focused on her, and then she was off. A streak of white zigzagging through the trees once more.

She had wanted to visit the hotspring anyway, but in terms of distance from the village, it was far. That the wolf had come this direction and asked about it made her wonder if she had actually wanted it herself, or if her arcane instincts had simply nudged her into this confrontation in the first place. But that didn't matter now. She had gotten a game out of the wolf, and he would make for far more of a challenge than the children of late she had called her friends. His addition to the rules proved he had some wit somewhere behind all that violence and brutality she had seen. He needn't of bothered though. She was leading him to spring regardless of if he caught her, so why bother trying to lose him with magic? She needed to talk to him after all. If she lost him, she would just have to find him again. At least the spring had a chance of putting him in a better mood.

She was careful, he was fast, but she was smaller and more nimble. Needing to keep within his sights, but not move in a straight or open enough path that he would have a chance to gain too much ground. Though there were several close calls where she lost sight of him, only to have him pounce from somewhere she had not expected. She could feel her heart racing, her muscles on fire. He was a fantastic hunter, obviously not content to simply follow in her wake. She could feel it, the two of them each trying to get in the other's head. Trying to predict what the other would do, how they would move, and how they could counter it. This is what it meant to have fun.

The game went on longer than she had expected, getting veered off course repeatedly and needing to double back or loop around a few times. A part of her wanted to just veer off and keep things going, but she wasn't quite sure she trusted that after such a long chase, he wouldn't try to tear into her. She was a fox, and he was a wolf. The instinct would be strong enough without her pushing the limits. So finally, after what felt like hours, but couldn't have been more than a few minutes, She broke out into a clearing. Steam rising from a three tiered spring framed by rocks of various shapes and sizes. The night sky and moon above them illuminating the area. She scampered along a thin border of stones, hot on her paws. She turned around and poised to dodge, waiting to see if he would stop, or try to grab her despite already being where he promised to take him should he win.

(This is a Squee Squee approved post)

duskwalker3.jpgTaneras Aldon
Interaction: XtaticSoda XtaticSoda , ThomasYeagger ThomasYeagger , LuvDragon LuvDragon || Mentions: Yhmera Yhmera , Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire , HollowArrow HollowArrow , Ace Cream Ace Cream

Taneras spluttered as the as the white haired girl whispered her thanks and brought her tail over his arm. His pale face turned red, stark contrast showing easily, even in the darkness. In his frantic embarressment, he looked anywhere but her, until focusing back on the goblin. His skepticism could provide a nice distraction... Until a few moments later, when he finally managed to gain the courage to peek back at the girl. Except.. she wasn't there. Tanah looked around for a moment, confused as to where she went, until a sensation on his arm alerted him to the band on his wrist. Taneras' eyes widened as he saw a bracelet on his right arm. The arm that the girl's tail went over. After that great whopping fact finally processed through the duskwalker's head, he gave what could only be described as a strangled squeak.

...To which of course Asteri had to laugh at. Her little chirping alerted Tanah to her shenanigans, and he turned, red face in all its glory, to glare at her. ...Annnd she was rolling on the ground, flight completely forgotten, as she laughed and laughed. Tanah muttered, and if one listened closely, they would have caught the words, "What a great friend you are..." Tanah then rummaged through his satchel, before pulling out some iron grains, and tossing them at Aster. The carbuncle reacted instantly, fleeing the disgusting metals. The little creature's disgust managed to break Tanah out of his embaressment somewhat, and he smiled slightly. However, Asteri was not one to take an insult like that lying down.

A familiar weight landed on his shoulder. As Tanah turned to speak to Aster, a bright light greeted him. It wasn't bad enough to blind him, but it definitely irritated his eyes. He put a hand over his face, and exclaimed, "Quit it!" To which Asteri did, but gave a sulking chitter. After regaining normal vision, Tanah shook his head at Asteri. Great. Now she was going to be sulking all night... Then it finally hit him. The girl had a tail?

Before Tanah could ponder it further, the fairy came screaming out of the Tavern. He was calling for someone... but he sounded panicked. Tanah furrowed his eyes, before cantering over to the tavern. As the others entered the inn, Tanah was only a few feet behind them. When they made it to the stairs, Tanah was right behind them. The redheaded man was calling out for everyone to calm down, and the half-orc had exclaimed that it was a dragon. Upon hearing that, Tanah's excitement spiked. A DRAGON!? Tanah had drawn so many pictures about the legendary creature, heard so many stories... This was exciting! A real life dragon inside the i-

Wait. Why was the inn still intact, then? Weren't dragons huge?

The blonde haired man's explanation soon, well, explained, how this dragon was different. A song dragon. Oh. Not a actual, legendary beast dragon. While Tanah was dissapointed at first, he perked back up soon enough. A dragon was a dragon, regardless of type or size! But then Tanah's excitement faded when he saw the state the song dragon was in. His smile dropped off his face, replaced by a look of concern, as she was clearly frightened and panicking. He immediately started to move forward to try and comfort the poor creature, but then stopped in his tracks.Carbuncle 2.png

What if this song dragon was trying to take advantage of the chaos left behind by the werewolf? Tanah didn't even ponder that for a moment before discarding it. It didn't make sense. She was obviously suffering from a condition. Or was, at least. Tanah managed to get himself just behind the tall blonde haired man, who was chattering away, and he leaned out a bit to the side, smiling tentatively at the poor creature. He attempted to speak: "I-i-it's al-alright." He tried smiling again, before deciding that everyone else had this handled. He turned around to try and deal with the crowd, stepping next to the redhead man. And blanched. Everyone, who was previously surging towards the song dragon, preparing for a lynching, had stopped momentarily when the warriors entered the basement. Momentarily. The crowd was pushing forward again, demanding that the beast be killed, that it was endangering the town, that it was a threat to them... Iskandar was practically quivering in his boots.

Maybe his abject fear had helped Asteri forgive him, but she put her cheek up against his. Always the comforter. Tanah raised a shaking hand and stroked her, before barely managing to get out a request to go to the dragon. Aster squeaked in sympathy, before floating off swiftly towards the dragon. Iskandar took a deep breath, looked at the redhead beside him, before trying to reason with the crowd. "E-e-e-everyone calm d-down! S-seriousl-l-ly. If she w-w.. I-if she w-w-wanted to h-hurt you, s-she wouldn't be s-s-so...."

At that, Tanah stopped, and placed two fingers on his temple, keeping a hyperventilation down. He hated this. Why? Why? "I-if she wanted to hurt y-you, th-then why di-didn't she take advantage o-of the we-werewolf at-attack? Are you s-seriously going to be th-that afraid-d of..." The rest of the words dwindled down into whispers. Tanah couldn't do it. He tried. He couldn't. People were stupid. They were loud. They were...

Meanwhile, Asteri floated over to the dragon, and upon noticing the fairy, and settled down in front of her, giving the song dragon her most charming-pleading look that she could muster, before walking up and rubbing herself on the dragon like a cat, purring all the while. Asteri felt bad for the dragon. People were idiots. Just look at her chosen person. He was always a mess, and if Asteri herself wasn't there, she was certain he'd have drowned in that chaos that was called his mess.

Back to Tanah: he managed to regain some of his composure, though he refused to speak to the crowd again. He couldn't handle it. Rather, he was muttering to himself, "The timing's too convenient and quick. First the werewolf attack. Then the goblin's convenient proposal. Now this? Something's off." His hands were on his chin, and he was looking down, refusing to look at the angry crowd that stood before him and the red haired man.​

Name: Koran Location: the woods With: Ciara Theme: Elk Hunt
lAPyRBb.jpg

Before he knew it, Koran found himself chasing a magical fox through the forest. A game. A challenge. A thrill. What started out as a plan to humor the fae creature soon turned into an experience the werewolf never would have expected- a hunt that for the first time in longer than he could remember wasn't driven by the raging frenzy of the Beast, but the simple determination of a calculated predator trying to out-maneuver his prey. The exercise, anticipation and adrenaline were invigorating, and for a brief time he was free of why he was here and everything else that mattered.

Eventually, they came to a stop at a hot spring, though it took Koran a moment to realize that that was where they were. His attention and senses were all fixed on the kitsune, his muscles coiled to strike. The wild look in his eyes said plenty- he was definitely a predator willing and ready- but he didn't. He could tell she was offering to finish, and despite the desire to continue and finally catch her, he was still recovering energy he had spent during the fight in town- and his shoulder hurt like hell.

Changing once more back into human form, he sat crouched on the ground panting and recovering his breath. Modesty didn't cross his mind- there was no place or practicality for it, and frankly he just didn't care or even think about it any more. When he was recovered enough to speak, he looked up at the kitsune and gave her a wry smile.

"You know... it's hard to say I won if you don't bother to try."

The hot spring was calling and Koran didn’t see why he shouldn’t make use of it. Approaching the water, he took a few seconds to smell the air and make sure that nothing seemed amiss before heading in. The temperature was perfect, and the pool was large enough to be a small swimming hole. He submerged himself for several seconds, running his hands through his hair and over his face before resurfacing.

fSegSmR.jpg
XtaticSoda XtaticSoda

Last edited:
View attachment 851463Nenya Sagewhisper ; Elven Rogue
[

And just like that everyone was there looking at the dragon that she wanted for herself. When the dragon offered a scale she took it quickly, wide eyed she snatched up the scale and watched it glitter. "Now that's pretty that is." She said before shoving it into her pocket. "Welp, I think there are enough people here." She turned and walked up the stairs to get out of everyone's way.

With the scale and most if the money in the place, she was gone.

Thorinn Quickfeet
full

Kaladorei inn/ everyone except Koran and Ciara / getting a dragonscale!

"A dragon, hm? Of course I wouldn't miss this chance!!" Thorinn's curiousity was piqued when the fairy mentioned about dragon. The goblin urged the golem to follow Nate and the fairy towards the inn. He left Kindle outside as he rushed inside the inn's basement. There he found the said dragon surrounded by people, one of them was the half-orc from before. The wizard, Nate, seemed to try to calm the situation down and finally the dragon transformed into a human-form after the fairy calmed her. The dragon was desperate enough to offer her scales just so she could go.

"A dragon scale? Don't mind if I do accept the offer." Thorinn decided to step in with a large grin plastered on his face.

full

Megir looked around at the forming crowd. Everyone wanted to see the dragon. It wasn't like people got to see one every day. But the dragon didn't want her there and she didn't know why. She wasn't going to make her to anything. Yet it wasn't the first time she received such a reaction. Only she wasn't expecting it from the dragon. With narrowed eyes, she looked to Lithe. "I'm going back up. Fill me in when it's all done." She barely made it to the back of the group when she noticed the man who helped her from before. The one who gave her the potion.

He seemed to be struggling at keeping everyone back until everything was figured out. Seemed a group and scared town's people were ready to skin the dragon alive. First te wolf, then the message from the goblem. Now a dragon with a similar message. Someone was trying to stir the pot.

Stepping up behind Taneras, she crossed her arms and gave her most menacing look.Taneras helped her so she would do the same for him. "Everyone back off before I get mad." Magir growled. Trying her best to help keep everyone back. A man started to speak then thought better of it. Her brow went up as she let out a low growl. "This man and everyone else down here are with me." Inwardly she winced at those words. She didn't know any of them well enough ecsept Lithe to know if they were trust worthy. "As this gentalmen stated, if the dragon wanted to hurt anyone it would have already done so. Now leave."

She gently placed a hand on Tanah's shoulder. "Thank you for the potion after the fight with the wolf." Her voice softly. "I will stand with you and together we won't let them pass." He seemed nice enough although shy, possibly scared. He defeatly had an issue with talking it seemed. "Don't worry. I will protect you as well."

Name: Megir II Location: Kaladorei II With: Truri, Lithe, Thorinn, Nate, Taneras II Doing: Talking with Taneras​

Name: Ciara Location: hot spring With: Koran Theme: Continuing Story

MECYstU.jpg
Once she was sure the werewolf was in control of himself, the fox paws curiously at the surface of the water. When Koran throws her comment back at her, she again gives him that smug doggy smirk with her tongue poking out in a blep. Taking a confident step forward, the fox tumbles head first into the water. Moments later a larger version of the same fluffy ears breaking the surface, followed by the upper half of the girl's face. Eyes glittering with amusement. Feeling around for a place to sit and lean back, Ciara stretches out and luxuriates in the water.

"Have you ever heard the story about the city that decided they no longer needed their patron deity? The scorned god sent a fox, blessed to always evade its hunters, to punish the city for their unfaithfulness. The leaders of the city sent a dog, blessed to always catch its prey, to kill the fox. A never ending game. Eventually however another god grew angered by the antics of the fox and the hound, turning them both to stone. Or something like that." She yawns.

"Anyway, it was a game. If you had fun, then you won. Which is why we are here, as was agreed upon. Nothing good comes from taking a game too seriously. So long as the rules are followed, enjoy, or what's the point?"

Looking up at the moon, the celestial orb reflected in her eyes before she turned her gaze on him once more. Two tails wrapped over her like a warm blanket.
Everyone needs time to relax, and that doesn't mean just sitting around doing nothing. Getting the body to relax is easy enough, but the mind is what most struggle with. Always so plagued by worries. Problems won't go away simply by forgetting them for a time. But dwelling on them unnecessarily does no good either.

"Do you feel a bit better now, or are you determined to remain Mr. Quiet and Brooding?" She giggles and grins at him.

d6nbpr0-6a9f9800-f449-423a-9ce4-f5959c591701.jpg

[Location: Kaladorei. Inn With: Megir Yhmera Yhmera Truri LuvDragon LuvDragon Elre ThomasYeagger ThomasYeagger Mentions: ]
"Of course" Lithe replied grinning to Megir, as if he wouldn't speak about it "Don't go hurting anyone too much" he chuckled before returning his attention to the Dragon-now-Woman and the Fairy "Lots of onlookers, must not be a very interesting town if this is all they have to do, eh? Now, I may know of a way to help out" he waggled his hand in a so-so motion "But I'll definitely require the two of you to help" he looked towards Elre "A Compound Spell of Dragon and Fairy magic, with myself acting as an intermediary, combined with the far reaching voice of a Song Dragon, should be able to sufficiently convince people to conveniently 'forget' the events that happened in this inn"

"But it won't be easy for any of us three. Compound Spells aren't used very often because...well..." he scratched the back of his head "..it is very ticklish and leaves your magic ticklish every time you use it for a little while afterwards. Fun, but not so much so when you are trying to cast a helpful spell and keep giggling through it"

"It is up to you however. We could just leave right now, but there is no guarantee that people won't follow us. What would you like to do?" he looked at Truri curiously.

fSegSmR.jpg

Koran was surprised that she got in the water with him, and was more surprised by her nonchalant attitude about their game. His memory of fae was faded, but he was still under the impression that they tended to be more polarized. Sure, they wanted to have fun, but many of them hated losing because losing wasn't fun. Perhaps this kitsune was different.

He looked at her grinning at him as he considered her question. Quiet and brooding was certainly his tendency, but he had to admit that so far her company had been pleasant. Not for the first time, he reminded himself that he couldn't completely drop his guard- it was still plenty possible that she was using her fae feminine wiles on him to manipulate his mood.

"I'm not used to having company," he admitted, finding his own submerged rock to sit comfortably on. "Certainly not amicable company." Several seconds of silence passed as his dark amber eyes studied hers, trying to evaluate her motives and connect them back to the fight back in town. If she had been sent to distract him as part of a trap, she had taken him the wrong direction.

Sitting half submerged in the water, several faded scars were visible on his body- a stab wound here, a knife slash there. The fresh wound on the back of his shoulder would no doubt add to the collection. The collar around his neck still gave its invisible glow of magic, but it was no longer active like it had been during the fight.

"You were one of the ones in town... I suppose you must know a thing or two about me if you're comfortable enough to chit chat in a hot spring."

XtaticSoda XtaticSoda

1614117257653.pngElre touched Truri's forehead and his body started to glow. The light wasn't enough to blind someone, and it did only last a few seconds before the dragon turned back into her human form. As the spell was lifted, Elre flew in a lazy, dizzy way onto Nate's shoulder, clearly spent. He sat there, exhausted but smiling at Truri. She was a friend to him, or so he thought so far. At least he would make sure Nate knew and acted appropriately. Before anything else happened, Nate saw her human form and his eyes seemed to widen for a moment.

" Did you lift a charm or cast a beauty one...?" He asked out loud, his thoughts escaping his mouth.

As she started to panic, and even offer parts of her very body to buy her way out, Nate felt uncomfortable with it. A quick look around told him Megir and the alchemist from before would be holding the people back. There was this mage too, who just seemed to never be quiet... Already talking about using the song dragon's magic to erase people's memory... And now the goblin who sounded so keen on accepting the offer... Trickery, mind altering, and even greed now, all those directed at the already scared dragon ? Nate took a deep breath and a step forward, putting himself in between Truri and Thorin, giving a small smile to his new little friend.

" I'm sorry my dear little friend, but I shall no tallow you or anyone to take advantage from her fear. She did no wrong to this town, and according to Elre she even helped the people, therefore she does not need to buy her way out of here. If anything she deserves our gratitude. "

Nate then gave Lithe a quick, almost scolding stare for a short moment. This man surely lacked empathy, the song dragon was in no mental state to use magic. After that he turned to the scared woman, he was still at a an arm's distance from her, and didn't try to get any closer as he didn't want her to feel even more frightened. She looked so small now, a human woman sitting on the floor, panicked... He lowered himself, almost squatting to be as little a threat as he could, his arms resting on his bent knees. His face now was much more at her level.

" Please fear no harm from us, no one will hurt you here as none of us are hunters of any kind. You already know my friend Elre right ? You were enchanted right now... You should take it easy, get yourself together. You will be alright here I swear."

His voice had been loud and strict when he addressed Thorinn but now he sounded calm, warm and soothing. His face harbored a gentle smile, slightly titled sideway. He couldn't appear more friendly, and counted on Elre's presence to be a token of his own good will, since she seemed to care for the fairy. Elre who couldn't fly for now, too drained from the magical effort of lifting a charm. He showed a tiny thumb up to the dragon though, and spoke in a weak voice.

" You didn't scare me... I just thought you needed bigger friends so I brought one" He said, and let out a weak chuckle.

" My name is Nate, I would love to hear your story once you feel better, would you agree to stay with us for a moment ?"
1614117283126.png

Name: Nate Location: Basement of the inn With: Megir, Truri, Lithe, Thorinn Doing: Trying to be friendly and reassuring. Theme: Check Elre's theme. ( Nate's Mana 70)
Elre: With Nate, recovering from the last's action. (Elre's mana: 40) Elre's theme: La cerise

Last edited:
Truri
full

{ With: Megir, Nenya, Lithe, Nate, Thorinn, Tarah } { Location: Kaladorei inn } { Theme: Oceandeep }​

Truri watched as the half-orc walked off. She looked upset. Not that she had a reason to be mad. She wasn't the one in a corner with everyone looking at her. Crystal eyes shifted to the goblin. Letting out a heavy sigh as he spoke. "I'll give him a scale too. But he needs to go. Please?" Obviously talking about the goblin. Yes, she feared the humans. But those that didn't look human seemed to scare her more. Mostly those that were known for not being good-aligned races. Like orcs, goblins, and dark elves. A fear that she had already voiced once. She wasn't crossing that barrier again and the dark races weren't going to make her.

As the blond spoke she turned her focus to him. He wanted her to cast a spell? She was already so tired. Could she pull another spell off? "I'll try." The words hardly left her lips as something fuzzy joined her. It was so soft and warm. Before she could think better of it she pulled Asteri into a hug, nuzzling it lightly. The orc joined a man in the back who was helping to keep everyone away. They were doing a good job but she wasn't sure for how long. A soft smile was offered in his direction. They really were trying to help her. "Goblin." She offered him a scale before he could leave. Her request might be unreasonable for him but this would surely make up for it. Right?

Elre was sitting on the man. So this was the fairy's help? She couldn't help but think of the crone. Fairies were little more than slaves to humans. Would he do the same to her? As he dropped down, she didn't since any malintent from him. In fact, they all seemed to be telling the truth. He didn't even want a scale or try to touch her. That was a pleasant surprise. Nuzzling Asteri a bit more she nodded to Nate. "I will stay. Just not here." Her gaze went back to The blond-haired man. "I will do my best."

Truri grew quiet as she thought of what she could do. The magic she already used had pushed her to her limit. But she still had polymorph left. Even if she did become a dragon again, she could make herself the size of the fairy. "Do whatever you need to do. I will sing for you." She added to the blond before starting to sing. It had been a long time since she allowed herself to trust anything. Even longer since she could call anyone a friend. Her heart pounded at the thought. A friend? Could it really be possible inside the barrier? Would they still be friends if they knew what she had come to do? Only time would tell.

As she sang softly a warmth started to feel the room. The hum of magic and life that filled her melody. If was soft, not very loud but this should be enough of her magic for the blond and maybe the fairy to work with. They wanted to make everyone for get she was a dragon? Would it work? Her eyes closed as she gently stroked Asteri soft fur. it was so warm. So nice. With the little fea creature she could simply curl up and sleep there if everyone would just go.

Last edited:
duskwalker3.jpgTaneras Aldon
Interaction: Yhmera Yhmera || Mention: Everyone else excepting Soda and Squee?

Taneras jumped slightly as the half-orc suddenly growled out a surly sounding threat. Tanah blinked, before she turned to him, and said to him: "Thank you for the potion after the fight with the wolf." Tanah reddened slightly, and barely nodded his head, resisting the urge to look down at his feet while doing so. Then, came her other words: "I will stand with you and together we won't let them pass." At that, Tanah smiled tentatively at her, before turning to face the crowd. People were weird, generally. Mobs took that to the extreme, and became downright stupid. He believed Master Adil once called it the 'mob mentality.' Either way, they were restless, and looking for something to take out their fear and anger out on. And they had the bit firmly between their teeth. They wanted the song dragon. Tanah honestly had no idea what to do.

...Then came the singing. Tanah cocked his head to the side, listening to it. It's very sound reeked of.. well, magic. Exactly what it did, Tanah didn't know. But the others behind him were definitely attempting some sort of elaborate spell. Tanah felt a small twinge of jealousy, before shoving it down, and focusing on the situation at hand. Well, this random singing would definitely spook the rowdy innmates, and they would redouble their efforts soon, being as scared as they were... Wait. Singing.

Tanah gave a small exclamation of, "OH!" Then he quickly unclapsed his satchel open, and took out his last non-healing potion. It was a very peculiar potion, one that Tanah had spent quite some money preparing for. Tanah gave the bottle a good shake, before throwing it right in front of the half-orc and him. The townsfolk that were beginning to push forward were forcibly staggered back, as if a blast of wind pushed them back, and then a wall formed right in front of them. There were definitely some confused blinks among the crowd, and, based off their mouths moving, they were shouting at each other. Not in argument, but, almost as if they were shouting over something. All the while, the quiet sound of a sea shanty could be heard at Tanah and the half-orc's side.Carbuncle 2.png

Tanah's face was slightly down, but he was smiling slightly, if shyly; the main thing was the proud look in his eyes, as he turned to explain to the half orc: "Y-yeah. This p-potion is a mix of various components, but the main one being a special form of citrine, that was enchanted to capture sound. S-specifically, a sea shanty I managed to record in a tavern one day. The reason why it's not affecting us is because of this." At that, he tapped a small buckle on his shoulder. "I used an attuning fork to attune this to the diamond, and then managed to fix it up so that the sound was repelled by this buckle. That, in essence, projects all the sound the opposite way, thus allowing for a n-nice defensive barrier."

Tanah frowned. "I-it's not quite soundproof, though. G-gonna have to work on that." Tanah may have neglected to mention how he was one of the mandola players. Or how he, instead of paying the singers, instead bribed them with an especially strong brew of alchohol that Master Adil concocted. "...Oh, and this should buy us about four minutes." Tanah stroked his chin, studying the potion in effect. "Captured Banshee scream would be useful. I should add that as something t-to test..."

Meanwhile, to say that Asteri was not enjoying herself was a massive lie. She quite enjoyed the hug. She snuggled in closer, purring all the while.​

Last edited:
Thorinn Quickfeet
full

Kaladorei inn / everyone except Koran and Ciara / punching Lithe!

"It's no taking advantage, wizard. If she wants to give, then I shall receive!" With that said Thorinn sidestepped Nate and took the scale from Truri's hand. "Ahahaha..... Dragonscale! Thankyou, nice dragon! I can make a nice amplifier with this " Thorinn hopped in joy while eyeing the glittering scale on his hand.

He got what he wants and would just went on his way if he didn't overheard Lithe's plan to use a spell that makes everyone forget. The goblin immediately turned his attention to Lithe and squinted his eyes. Mind magic? He hates it! His mind was his most prized asset and he wouldn't let anyone mess with it! Especially a stranger. Who knows how much of his memory would be affected by it? Then the dragon started to sing, the spell had been initiated, but not finished.

"Don't you dare messing with my mind you nincompoop! I wouldn't let you!" Fueled with anger, Thorinn nimbly climbed Lithe's body and started hitting him on the face to prevent him to cast the spell.

Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Name: Ciara Location: hot spring With: Koran Theme: Continuing Story

MECYstU.jpg
"Nope!" Ciara declares happily, clapping her hands together.
"Well not much really. I know you aren't a mindless beast. I know you don't suffer the moon's curse. I know you can't transform quickly enough to strike me down before I can flee. But what somber thoughts be these? The moon has told me that neither of us die this night, why bother ruining a perfectly good bath and pleasant conversation trying to prove it wrong?"

The Kitsune meets his suspicious gaze with an innocent smile. The inhuman luminescence of her violet eyes drawing in one's gaze as if they had their own gravitational field. So alien, so beautiful. Like endless nebulae trapped within perfectly polished gemstones. However she blinked and cleared her throat with a slight tilt of the head and suddenly they were once more just attractive purple eyes, for now.

"Rest assured I have no ulterior motives other than desiring a conversation, and a chance to examine that artifact around your neck. I do have questions, but I will not persist should you not wish to answer them. Though I wouldn't be apposed to a trade, if that would be preferable. You say you are not accustomed to company, but do not wolves have packs? The lone wolf may feel freedom and independence, but only until the winter comes and they die. Where are the rest of you? Do all of your kind suffer like that when they change? It looked like it hurt quite a lot. What does it feel like? Which hurts more, the wolf form or the monster one? It seems like a rather large flaw of natural design of your kind of you all do that. If it is just you though, why? Is there something wrong with you? Are you just bad at it? Why did you attack the village? Was it really just for fun? Did someone tell you to do it? Was it that goblin? Did you know about his speech? Was it just a ploy to scare people into supporting the barrier? Why do you wear that collar? Who gave it to you? How is your shoulder doing?"

A seemingly endless barrage of questions began flooding out as the girl began to talk faster and faster, her voice getting quieter as she slowly ran out of air and needed to stop to take a breath. She paused, staring intently at his face, "Who are you?" Her head tilting curiously.

fSegSmR.jpg
At first, Koran was pleased that his prompt to learn what she knew about him had worked. Knowledge was a useful thing- sometimes a powerful thing. The fact that she claimed to know when she wouldn't die was an interesting one- something he decided to ask her about later. The next thing he knew, he was being bombarded by questions, which qucikly drew the thought: oh crap, what have I done? Twenty Questions was not a game he has intended to start, but then again, her questions were informative in and of themselves. She knew a bit, but not alot.

He let the silence linger when she finally paused for a breath, curious how she expected him to reply to all of that, or if she was genuine about not expecting him to answer. Her last question was a simple one. He knew full well that fae creatures were one of the types that had power with true names, but he wasn't worried about that.

"I'm Koran," he answered, "And I think you're going to need to prioritize some of those questions... I don't plan to be up all night."

Then it occurred to him- if she was really that curious about him, perhaps he could get something out of it. "Tell you what- I'll answer five questions honestly and let you examine my collar. If I don't like a question, I pass and you can pick another one. In exchange, you owe me a favor."

'A favor' from a magical fae creature was no small advantage to have. It wasn't as powerful as a wish from a genie (or so he had heard), but it was still valuable.

XtaticSoda XtaticSoda

Last edited:
full

She was ready to fight any stupid enough to come at her. No energy was wasted on the others as she kept her focus on the people before her. Taneras looked as if an idea struck him. With a very surprised face. She watched as he pulled out a potion and tossed it to the ground before them. The people looked confused as a shanty started to sing out. "Your potions are strong!" Megir said in prays. She could hear it slightly, the shanty. It didn't mix well with the song the dragon woman was singing. She hardly had time to think as the goblin jumped on Lithe, trying to beat on him. "Oh hell." She hissed. Not once had she interfered with anyone. But it looked like it was time to step in.

"Whoa! Stop! Everyone." Megir looked to the dragon then back to Taneras as she moved to Lithe and the goblin. "You know what... " She let out a loud whistle. It was more symbolic than anything. She was sure the rats wouldn't hear over all the noise going on around them. But they would feel her call and do what was needed. a horde of them would come to her call. It was one of the many nice things about being a beast master. From above the dragon, sawdust slowly started to crumble. A horde of rats had started eating away at the floor above her. Making a rough 10x10 opening in the corner or at least trying to. "Now, let's hope nothing heavy is setting up there."

Reaching out for Lithe and Thorinn, Megir tried to pull them apart. "BOYS! we have people wanting to attack us. The dragon is a problem. And I'm not getting paid to do this job. So chill before I get mad." She didn't know why they were fighting and didn't care. But she didn't think it wise for them to fight like this with so much already going on. One of the angry men tried to approach but nothing happened. So far Taneras's spell, potion, the thing was holding. It wouldn't hold for long. They just needed a quick and easy way out of there and sort everything out when they were all safe. She looked up to where the rats started to chew their way through the wood. It would take a bit longer. If she could just stop everyone from fighting until then. "Dragon. I don't know how strong you are. But the floor above you will cave in soon. I don't know what's all on it. Please. Move or help it come down if you want out of this in one piece." Megir was sure the dragon would panic at those words. But between the mob and the group fighting each other, she was sure this was the better option. "Honestly, some days it's not worth getting out of bed."

Name: Megir II Location: Kaladorei II With: Truri, Lithe, Thorinn, Nate, Taneras II Doing: Talking with Taneras II theme song

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back