• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Epic Saga of Intrepid Adventurers (full)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
1615615418818.pngNate observed the goblin's reaction as he handed him the gem. Thorinn seemed to be quite happy he got the gem. That was the first friendly Goblin he met, and he found him quite interesting himself. As Thorinn and his golem observed and inspected the magic stone, Nate gave Tanah a quick nod as an answer while he gathered his things and waited outside for the alchemist.

When Tanah joined him he just matched his pace and walked by his side through the forest. There was a short time of silence, Nate noticed it seem to weight even more on Tanah's shoulders, but he was very fine with this, he was used to silence and before the story started he just walked with a small smile on his face, Elre seemingly bored on his shoulder. It almost surprised them when the story started. He listened to the messy talking, occasionally meeting his eyes and smiling, only briefly did he talk in between burst of words from Tanah.

"Am I that intimidating or are you usually this shy ? You can relax with me, Besides your story so far is interesting. You obviously are a nice person, for you fed Asteri instead of chasing her away. She probably agrees, since she's still around here"

Nate's voice sounded relaxed and warm, since he was trying to help Tanah be less shy. Soon enough they reached town and Tanah gave him the money they got from the Witch. He blinked in surprise... Him ? To go back to the inn ? Was the alchemist running away from the task out of shyness, or was he expecting Nate to be successful because of what he was ? He nodded at him anyway, his face showing little confidence though. As he was about to set for the inn he felt a bump and a disturbance in Elre's balance, and realized Asteri had just almost bumped him off. He laughed at it as Elre Stood on his shoulder, faking anger at the cat-like creature who clearly wanted to play.

" Come on, just go with her already, it's going to happen anyway. Just meet us back at the town's entrance."

Elre nodded and flew off, chasing Asteri. Nate walked to the inn again, stepping inside carefully. He looked around, the place was still a mess, the floor in a corner was all rotted, the hole had not even been filled yet, and it smelled of wine and beer, the last part being the result of Nate's own actions.
1615615546006.png

Name: Nate Location: Kaladorei. With: no one Doing: Walking in the inn. Theme: Anthem of the forests.( Nate's Mana 100)
Elre: With Aster, playing chase. (Elre's mana: 100) Elre's theme: L'apologie

duskwalker3.jpg
Taneras Aldon
Interaction: ThomasYeagger ThomasYeagger

A few hours later, Tanah finally emerged from the depths of the town- if one could imagine the town being big enough to have 'depths.' But before he could steer himself on track, he pulled out his parchment case, and pushed in a rolled piece of parchment. What he drew was a rough draft, only charcoal, but ink would finish it and make it look polished. And recognizable, hopefully. He was definitely in a dark mood- what he just discussed with various people was sobering. But now that he was done with that grim business, it was time to try and get some reagents.

A short walk later, and Tanah was standing inside the apothocary. The elderly woman working at the station looked up, looking slightly irritated, before seeing who it was. While her expression didn't exactly soften that much, it did erase the scowl from her face. She just wasn't.. well, smiling. Yeah, Tanah had visited her enough times- well, twice, really- to get her to be at least bearable with his presence. Tanah shuffled his feet, before the woman snapped at him: "Well? Out with it?" Taneras jumped slightly at her tone- it wasn't exactly biting, but it was definitely brisk. Yeah, she knew his habits too well, and she was already getting the ball rolling. Joy. Was he really that much of a waffler? Memories of Nathadeus' words on the way to the town caused him to blush a beet red. Maybe he was. He hurredly continued on to discuss what alchemical reagents he needed.

A few minutes later, Taneras exited the apothocary, looking slightly depressed. It was more expensive than he thought it was, restocking. Maybe not as much as he feared, but it definitely put a dent in his coinage. Greeeaaat. And he couldn't even have taken the garnets to try and get some spare coins, because Asteri went ahead and ate the ruby... Tanah rubbed his eyes tiredly, and headed back to the town square- and the inn respectively.Carbuncle 2.png

When he approached the inn, he noticed Asteri and Elre standing near a gutter to a shallow sewer- they looked absolutely disheveled! Asteri's fur was matted and she had a couple of knots in them, while Elre had a set of makeshift leather armor on his right arm, and some stains on them. They both reeked of trash- were they playing in the sewer? How could they even fit in there? Tanah didn't even know the town had a sewer! "A-are you two alright?" Tanah asked tentatively. To which Elre just waved a hand, and replied, "Yes, we're fine! We had lots of fun- though it felt like I was being chased all the time..." Tanah looked between the two uncertainly, before shrugging his shoulders, and continuing on to the inn. Meanwhile, while Tanah's back was turned, Elre and Asteri looked at each other and nodded knowingly, Elre kicking a toothpick/makeshift spear into the gutter grate, and Asteri shoving a rat pelt in there as well.

Tanah reached the door of the inn, and he peeked in. Yeaah. The inn was a mess. Taneras winced as he remembered exactly what happened. Maybe sending in Nathadeus wasn't a good idea... but he seemed much more capable of talking to people than Tanah ever was. But considering events before, mayybe... Taneras tentatively stepped in, and called out to Nathadeus: "N-nathadeus? H-have you f-found out anyth-thing?" He felt a weight land on his shoulder, and saw Asteri on it, soaking wet. But at least she looked cleaner. Elre also flew past Tanah, heading to Nathadeus- and Elre also looked much cleaner, and no longer had his little leather armor on.

Thorinn Quickfeet
full

Megir's camp / Megir, Lithe, Kan / welcoming

"One, two, three. Now!" Upon Thorinn's command Kindle pushes both of its palms against each other, in the middle of its hands, lies the opalescent stone from the crone. A creaking noise could be heard as the golem's hydraulic arms exerted great pressure onto the stone. However, when Kindle opened its arms and showed the result to Thorinn, the stone was unscatched and there's an oval-shaped dent on Kindle's palms instead.

"Interesting! Very interesting!" Thorinn let out a loud laughter as he picked the stone up and once again examined it closely in front of his magic goggles. The result of his examination was strange. The stone emitted a faint magic, yes, but rather than the stone itself the magic was generated by the magic coating that surround the stone, obscuring the true nature of the stone and was apparently strong enough to withstand Kindle's raw crushing power. He tried to dispel it but to no avail. Whoever that crone was, she used some really high tier sealing magic for this stone. How careless of her to left it here, must be getting senile, now he had all the time to break through its circuit and uncover its secret!! But he might be unable to do it now with his current skill and equipment so he just pocketed the stone for later. Megir came and brought with her someone clad in armor. The goblin didn't remember seeing him during the werewolf battle but he didn't mind that. One more person to join him! Thorinn greeted the man with open arms and a wide toothy grin on his face.

"Welcome, warrior! Your aid would be appreciated! I will share the front payment after we start the journey." Thorinn's eyes darted towards the supplies that the knight put down. "I'm sure that boy will be happy when he sees all these supplies. Ahahaha, I just hope they don't run into trouble in the town."

Yhmera Yhmera Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Tetro Tetro

Last edited by a moderator:
full

Upon making her way back into the camp, she was met with a friendly greeting from Lithe. Magir had been listening to Kan closely and thinking his words over. So the stranger was a paladin and something happened to his last group. That can't be good. Then again, her last group didn't fare well either. Sometimes tragic partings couldn't be helped. "Hey Lithe. Walk straight past the tent. It's a small hole and there might be leeches so be careful."

Her attention was quickly stolen by the goblin and his contraption. She didn't waste any time, heading over to see what was going on."What's that?" She asked, referring to the stone. Then it hit her a few people were gone. "Where did the magic boys go? And the dragon?" Frankly, Megir was glad the dragon was gone. The creature was going to be nothing but trouble. That much was clear after what happened in the inn. "Never mind, scratch the dragon. Where did the boys go?" Surely they didn't head back to town already? At least they went in pairs.

Letting out an aggravated sigh she looked back to Kan. "I guess we should say thank you for the supplies." After all, one should never look a gift horse in the mouth. Then again, if it's too good to be true then it probably is. She didn't trust the paladin yet. Then again, she wasn't sure she trusted the goblin or the mages either. Hell, she just barely tolerated Lithe most days.

"I'll start getting ready. Want to head out by tomorrow morning." There was a feeling that battle was just around the corner. That from here on out things were going to start getting harder. At least her camp was still in one piece. Without another word, she headed to her tent. "Gorge, I need more stinging nettle. And grab me some hemlock while you are at it." Grabbing a hand full of dried plants she paused before sticking her head out of the tent. "And don't eat any this time. You were sick for 2 weeks last time you ate the hemlock!" The giant boar let out a snort and headed out of the camp to gather herbs as ordered.

It was hard to focus on anything. What started off as an easy job and a quick bath in town turned into a muddled mess. The goblin had his little message. Asking people to help with the barrier. The dragon or the crone as it were also had a message. Asking people to help take down the barrier. One had a starting location. That the north was already weakened. The other just said to get the job done. What to do? Seemed the goblin was going to try and protect the barrier. The paladin had come to join them on that quest as well. But what about the magic brothers? Or Lithe. It was something they would all have to sit down and talk about at some point.

Name: Megir II Location: My carp outside of Kaladorei II With: Lithe, Kan, Thorinn II Doing: planning II theme song

Last edited:
Name: Ciara Location: Camp With: Koran Theme: Continuing Story

LoD3mPQ.jpg
The woman retained a neutral expression as she worked with the magic collar. A slight smile curling her lips at his reaction when she reached for it. Like she would be stupid enough to try to remove any magic device designed with such an obvious style of ownership or control. Unfortunate though that it was so needlessly tight and that she had not taken to examining it last night under the watch of the moon. She could have potentially nudged the enchantments to give him a bit more breathing room, literally. She probably could manage it anyway, but it would be a fool's experiment to mess with something so complex while not commanding from a seat of power. Ciara gave up the idea with a sigh of resignation.

She listened to his advice about her appearance but it was mostly a letdown. She hadn't actually expected him to reveal his preferences, assuming he actually had any. In hindsight she may have been better off asking his favorite fur color instead. Still his comment about her turning heads perked her ears and put a lazy swish in her tail. From him it was likely meant more as a statement or observation that she would need to tone herself down if she wanted to avoid notice, but she was taking it as a compliment anyway. Ciara pats the man on the head as she stands up and stretches with a yawn. Hands going to her hips as she looks around to gather her bearings.

"So the stray has a leash and tags. No offense but you seem a rather terrible choice for any sort of covert operation. So I assume, either are you under the command of those who want to strengthen the barrier. Causing mayhem and fear with the general populace to support the need for such a force. Or, more likely, you were some poor soul's only choice of an agent, and don't know any method of operation outside of direct force. Either way, as I mentioned before, I would much prefer if such tactics could be avoided from here on. Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you stupid by any means. I would not have asked to accompany you if I deemed that to be the case. However you don't exactly give off the friendliest of vibes. Got this stressful aura round you. But maybe some nice ripe fruit will help!"

Clapping her hands together as she abruptly alters the conversation to a happier topic. "Bout two miles south east of here I think. Shall we get moving?"

Squee Squee

1615935182201.png

"Pleased to meet you too?" Kan was taken aback by the man's sudden hand-shake. After the mentioning of a dragon, Kan became curious about the beast himself. But what interested him most was the witch that had supposedly taken the dragon away. As Lithe left to get washed, Kan responded to the goblin, "there's no need to give me any form of payment. I don't care much for riches these days," he waved his hand. "And you're welcome." He addressed Megir.

"Well, let's hope when the others return, I'll get some names beside your own, Megir," Kan began unstrapping parts of his armor as he strolled away from the camp. "I will be back in a bit, and if I see any hemlock or stinging nettle, I'll be sure to bring you some." Kan walked far from camp out of eyesight. He soon found a large puddle of water behind a large rock and set his gauntlets to the side on the ground. Kneeling, Kan removed his helmet and unstrapped his breastplate, carefully removing the layers of chain and padding that resided beneath his plate armor. He dipped his hands in the water, whispering some words and watching his hands glow as the murky water began purifying. Once it was clean enough, he threw several handfuls into his face, cleaning off the dirt and sweat that had built up over the hours of his journey.

He looked at the terrible-looking scorch mark on his neck. The area around it was red and had veins of green and purple. Kan clenched his jaw as he washed it, the pain stabbing throughout his entire body. Kan finished cleaning himself up through deep breaths before getting dressed. Instead of going back immediately, he began foraging here and there for the plants Megir wanted. As good of a job as her boar would most likely do, the chances of the boar eating some of the plants were high enough to warrant some backups just in case.

Name: Kan || With: Himself || Location: Woods || Doing: Cleaning himself and foraging for plants
Yhmera Yhmera Ace Cream Ace Cream Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

d6nbpr0-6a9f9800-f449-423a-9ce4-f5959c591701.jpg

[Location: Bathing Spot With: Mentions: ]​

Lithe found the spot Megir had mentioned and removed his clothes before beginning to work on a spell. Energy spun around him before he directed it towards the water "[Cleansing]" he intoned as the energy hit the water and then spread out to encompass the entirety of the bathing area. The water turned clear and pristine as he dipped his fingers in and brought the wet drops to his forehead "That which I allow, and that which I don't. [Ward]" his body flickered with a small amount of energy before he took a step back, grinned, and dove into the water. The native creatures of the water were unaffected by his cleansing spell and the warding spell kept them from bothering him while he enjoyed his relaxing wash.

Slowly he sunk down to the bed of the water and looked up at the surface. It was peaceful, quiet. Ironic given Lithe's normal way of communicating but with no one around, there was no one to talk to. So Lithe simply enjoyed the serenity as he cleaned himself.

1616115337415.png" Get out of here, I don't want no trouble anymore ! "

" Come on my friend, please calm down, I was barely responsible of anything, and we paid for the damage !"

" That Goblin paid ! I know your kind don't carry much money at all, you didn't plan to repay me at all ! For all I know you've just spoiled all my wines and ales ! And now you want me to talk about some money that's not even gonna be mine ?!"

" Well, it's not really mine either a-"

" Like I care ! Come back when you've enough money to buy the whole tavern ! "

Tanah walked into the inn just 2 seconds before a glass flying right toward him crashed on the wall, a few inches away from his head. The scene inside was one to behold: Nate standing a few feet away from the bar, hands in the air waving around, trying to calm the keeper down. The owner on the other hand, was fuming out of anger, he had just thrown a glass at Nate and missed Tanah out of luck, luck for the alchemist of course. Elre couldn't help but laugh a bit at the scene, and fly to Nate's shoulder, acting as if everything was normal.

The owner barely even noticed the alchemist, he was too mad at Nate to really care, and the inn was in no state to welcome customers. The smell of wine and stale ale was strong, the air almost thick with it. Nate did turn his head toward Tanah when he noticed Elre coming at him, and gave the alchemist a " what did you expect" kind of stare. He sighed and took a step back, always facing the keeper, in case another glass would be shot at him. He walked backward until he was side by side with Tanah and whispered.

" There isn't a thing we'll get from him... The man's pissed, we should go somewhere else, and walk out slowly... Yeah, no sudden move... that was the third glass already"

"I swear the next magician, non human or the next punk to walk through this door is gonna regret it !"

The man yelled to himself, while Nate tried to get Tanah to walk back with him. Would he follow, Nate would sigh out once they got outside, and let his head fall backward in a tired manner, staring at the sky.

" Woaaa, I rarely saw someone so pissed... I mean, usually people thank me for the help, it's a new for me to be the cause of their problems. Sorry, but I don't think we'll get any help from him... If it helps, I can tell those coins are solid gold, and not from anywhere I've been, which is... quite the area around here. And check the faces on'em, doesn't look much human, does it ? I noticed that after we split earlier. " He said as he tossed one coin to Tanah. " If I was to guess, and considering who owned these, I would say they come from outside the barrier, some land unknown to me. "

1616115359171.png

Name: Nate Location: Kaladorei. With: Elre, Tanah and Asteri... And the inn's keeper. Doing: Surviving the owner's wrath. Theme: Anthem of the forests.( Nate's Mana 100)
Elre: With Nate, resting on his shoulder. (Elre's mana: 100) Elre's theme: L'apologie

duskwalker3.jpgTaneras Aldon
Mentions: Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire , Ace Cream Ace Cream
Interacts: ThomasYeagger ThomasYeagger , Yhmera Yhmera

Tanah jumped a bit as glass sprinkled on the ground near him. He looked up with wide eyes at the scene, and saw Nate walking out. He grabbed Tanah's shoulder, and attempted to steer him out, but Tanah shrugged out of it, looking at the angry bar-keeper. "Y-y'know... you-you're sh-showing you re-really don't-don't care about money, w-w-with you wasting c-cups like that." The innkeeper just growled, and made to reach behind him to where the other glass cups were held. Tanah skittered backwards a bit, but he managed to hold the Innkeeper's gaze.

The innkeeper stopped, glass in hand, upon seeing Tanah's response. He crossed his arms over his chest, and attempted to glower at Tanah, before just closing his eyes and sighing, shaking his head. "Just... get out." Tanah looked around at the regulars; most were attempting to look disinterested, although there were a few that were obviously still cross against him, and there were a few that had sympathetic looks on their faces. Asteri chirred angrily at everyone and everything, before Tanah's calming hand quieted her. The alchemist himself just shook his head, and walked out.

"If it helps, I can tell those coins are solid gold, and not from anywhere I've been, which is... quite the area around here. And check the faces on 'em, doesn't look much human, does it ? I noticed that after we split earlier. If I was to guess, and considering who owned these, I would say they come from outside the barrier, some land unknown to me."

Tanah fumbled around with the coin, before managing to prevent disaster. He looked at it, examining the coins. After a moment, he just sighed. "Th-that, or it could be a t-town near the ed-dge of the barrier... Tho-thou-though I d-d-don't th-think that-t-t peop-ple would want to b-basically im-imem- imemor-.... Keep a figure l-like this in mind." He tapped the face of the demon on the coin. "D-doesn't b-b-bode well f-for the witch... b-b-b-b-but th-the idea o-of a mon-monster city lar-large enough for this le-level of organization is t-terrifying, esp..especially with the b-barrier b-being as weak as i-it is now." Tanah fiddled around with the coin, before it was quickly snatched from his hand.

Before the greedy little carbuncle could devour the gold coin, Tanah managed to wrest it back. "N-no! I may need this, and besides, you don't kn-know if it has something like lead inCarbuncle 2.png it!" Asteri just pouted but she accepted his caution without too much grumbling. Tanah put two fingers on his temple, and quietly asked Nate, "I-I suppose we should start heading back?"

After the trek back, which involved much turning back, workarounds, and overall clumsiness and stumbling... What do you expect from two magic users? As a side note, this trip made Tanah thoroughly hate swamps. There were mosquitos EVERYWHERE! Sure, sometimes Tanah forced the two to stop from time to time so he could collect some reagents, but mosquitos he did NOT request! Nor the giant spiders that seemingly knew where to place their cobwebs in the precise location that Tanah's face would pass through. The scenery itself was drab! Dark green and ugly foilage, dark, overhanging trees that spoke of melonchaly, and the perpetual fog that was provided by the sulfur. Yeah, no. Tanah was thoroughly done with the swamp.

The two finally made it back to the camp. Tanah, upon arriving at the camp, furrowed his eyes in confusion. Why was there some armor? Was it Megir's? He turned and looked at Megir.. but she looked fully armed and really wasn't making any move to pack the metal pieces. Maybe Lithe had some armor? Or maybe the gob- No, it was too big for him. Maybe the golem? Tanah craned his head around, looking at the camp. Speaking of Lithe, where was he? The Goblin was busy gleefully trying to break the stone... Tanah winced internally. That was far too rough! Megir was just looking around, surveying the camp. Tanah glanced at Nate, before looking back at the camp and asking, "Wh-who's armor is that?"

Seriously. Who among the group wears metal armor? Tanah was rummaging his brain for any idea of who would, but no one came to mind. Maybe I should just focus on making potions... They WERE leaving soon. Better fill up his bag with potions and bombs and the like. Tanah idly tugged at the bracelet, as he began making his way to his designated bed.

Thorinn Quickfeet
full

Megir's camp / Megir, Nate, Taneras / talking

"The stone? Just something that the crone dropped after taking the dragon. I will show it to Master Wipuk later." The goblin shrugged as he answered Megir's question.

"Don't worry about the others they're safe... and here they are!" Thorinn clapped at the sight of Nate and Taneras coming into the camp, uscatched. Though they didn't seems to brought any additional supplies.

"We got a new person to join us! You two finished buying your supplies right? Then we can start the journey right after all of us assembled! Sweeet."

Yhmera Yhmera ThomasYeagger ThomasYeagger darkborn darkborn

full

Hearing Tanah and Nate return, she poked her head out of the tent. "Good, that didn't take long. Once Lithe and Kan get back we can all make plans." Megir pulled her head back into her tent. Going back to making rudimentary herbal packs. They wouldn't do much during the battle but it could help cut down the healing time after the fight. Plus she made sure there was a clean sharp edge on all her weapons and her leathers were in good repair.

"Lithe went to clean up." She yelled as she was finishing up with her weapons. "Not sure where Kan went off to. Said he was getting some herbs for me." Megir added as she came back out her tent. Gorge wasn't back yet but that didn't mean she couldn't start packing up. Yet she didn't know when everyone would be heading out or were they would be going.

One message to protect the barrier and another to bring it down. What to do? What if she didn't do either for now? Simply go along and gather information? Then again, if someone was after the artifacts then everyone on both sides could be in trouble. "Did you boys get everything you needed?" She asked Nate and Tanah.

Name: Megir II Location: My carp outside of Kaladorei II With: Lithe, Kan, Thorinn, Tanah, Nate II Doing: planning II theme song

Last edited:
1617231862100.png

Kan walked back into the camp with handfuls of stinging nettle and hemlock. His gauntlets provided ample protection from the nettle, which he was more than thankful for as he had plenty of mishaps involving the pesky plant. "I return with flora," he stood next to Megir, looking at the two new faces, "oh, hello. I don't believe we've met. I am Kan, and it is nice to meet you." He walked over to the pack of supplies he had brought to the camp and retrieved a large piece of cloth, wrapping the plants in it before handing them off to Megir. Kan approached Taneras, "if you don't mind me asking, what is it that you do? Are you a mage of some sort?"

Name: Kan || With: Megir, Nate, Thorinn, Taneras || Location: Megir's Camp || Doing: Bringing Megir plants and talking to Nate
Ace Cream Ace Cream darkborn darkborn Yhmera Yhmera

d6nbpr0-6a9f9800-f449-423a-9ce4-f5959c591701.jpg

[Location: Bathing Spot ---> Camp With: Mentions: ]
Lithe bobbed back up to the surface of the water and looked around curiously. He'd felt some magic nearby but where..."Oh!" he laughed as he spotted the small blue and brown lights that flitted around his purified bathing spot. Water and Earth spirits drawn to the ambient healthy energy he'd filled the area with. Elemental spirits of this level had barely any sentience to themselves, pulled along by baser instincts. Other magic users could even make contracts with them to gain greater and more powerful spells of that element.

"Unfortunately, I am full up on contracted spirits" he said shrugging as his golden hair glowed softly in response to the energies given off by the other spirits. He shook the water from his head as he climbed out of the water. He stretched slightly before picking his clothes up and moving back to the embankment and beginning to wash them humming to himself softly as the lights danced around him to his tune.

Once he was sure his clothes were clean, he grabbed them and tossed them into the air before grasping with one hand. The clothes stopped in place as his Mage Hand caught them and held them out. He then brought his hands together and a steady gust of air flowed over the clothes from his palms. Once they were dry, he dismissed the spells, letting the clothes drop back down into his hands where he proceeded to run his fingers over them, whispering words of power as the small damages and cuts repaired themselves before his eyes.

With everything cleaned and repaired he proceeded to get dressed, waved to the spirits and headed back to camp.

"Oh, everyone is back" he said seeing Nate and Taneras alongside their much smaller companions "If anyone wants a quick bathe before we head out for the day, there is a nice little bathing spot back that way" he pointed with his thumb and grinned "It is a bit cold, but very refreshing"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back