• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Epic Saga of Intrepid Adventurers (full)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Thorinn Quickfeet
Lakrak_Working_Days.png

Kaladorei / Fight / Everyone
"Yes! Yes! Yes!" Thorinn yelled in amusement as he watched the werewolf lunged towards his golem. Kindle kept its standing, refusing to budge even during the werewolf onslaught but the claw attacks did dug into some of its body.

"Smoother surface to better bounce off bladed and grappling attack." Thorinn mumbled to himself as he wrote things on his notebook. The goblin had been keeping his distance from the heat of the battle so he would be safe from harm. The werewolf seems to be too agitated to notice he was the one commanding the golem and there's plenty of adventurers here to be used as meatshieldallies should the werewolf attack him. Speaking of adventurers, some of them seems to be planning a big attack. Thorinn was too busy with his notebook to notice what that attack was, but that would be a welcome addition! He wanted to see how well Kindle against magical attack too. So instead of retreating Thorinn told his golem to stick to the werewolf.

"Kindle. Go rush the werewolf and release the steam!" The golem nodded at the command and started running towards the werewolf while opening its arms wide, as if trying to embrace the werewolf. All the while several ports opened on Kindle's joints, releasing hot steam around it. Kindle's hot hug, incoming.

a2abd6b6f06336d9e2e4a77312f1debc.jpg
Stodan Magnus, with everyone fighting the wolf, town of Kaladorei; outside. The skeleton dance

It seemed his spell had done the trick. The orc seemed safe from freezing mist. Now for the goblin and the golem. Whom both seem to be taking a rather horrid beating. He didn't have too many spells that would affect a metal creature like that. Sadly like the undead, constructs always seemed immune to most magical effects. However, there was a small chance he could add a bit of aid after that bashing. Taking a few more steps back, just in case the monster does make it past the front line he starts to chant once more.

If this works the golem's body would start to mend some. It was a little spell he normally used on himself. Most called it a false life. Mostly because the added health was only temporary. But it would ensure the creature could keep going a bit longer. Plus any damage wouldn't affect it for a while. The added insurance was all that a creature like that needed. To be able to plow through something like a run-away wagon. No harder.

"Who else is in need?" Hearing the distant song, he turned to look. What was that? "Well, I do believe there is more magic afoot." He said in a sing-song tone. Not noticing anyone else in need. He started to turn his attention to the dead bodies lying about. It was time to start ushering the souls on. The wolf was well in hand.

darkborn darkborn

NPC- THE CRONE
60983712f13df5c9a14d8bc0af625263.jpg

In the inn
Yoma Kazoe Uta

The sounds of a staff wrapping against the cobblestones rang out as someone approached the inn. "Tisk Tisk Tisk." a crackled voice cackled out as she noticed the doors. Before she even past through the building seemed it mend itself. Her white eyes narrowed on the undead. With a tap of her staff, they faded back to the place in which they came. People were huddled in fear as she made her way to a now mended table. Upon placing a finger to her lips they all seemed to calm a degree.

"It won't be long now." She whispered, looking down to a pair of green snakes that wrapped themselves around the bottom of her staff. With closer inspection, one would notice her staff was really an old broom that was being held upside down. Garlic and bones with a healthy splattering of cobwebs wrapped around the bristles. Glass bottles clinked against each other as she moved about.

Withered leathery skin wrapped her hunched shriveled body with a tattered cloak draped over her shoulder. The hood looked to be entangled with a headdress of horns. Her mouth was shriveled and puckered from the lack of teeth. She could have easily been mistaken for a reanimated corpse. Only she had a heartbeat and produced body heat. Slowly the crone rocked in the seat she had taken. Occasionally her eyes making their way to the door. The passing of time was hard to judge sometimes. She only hoped she didn't have to wait too long for time was growing short for everyone.

ONE. Having a one-night love,
TWO. will plunge us into the underworld.
THREE. Even if I were to kill everyone,
FOUR. I cannot alter the signpost to
Hell.
Hell.

FIVE. Drenched in the bloody rain of
war...
SIX. I'm no different from a corpse on
the battlefield.
SEVEN. When even my tears are running
dry,
EIGHT. the dark night also starts to
melt away.
melt away.

NINE. Tonight let's offer our
congratulations,
TEN. after we stain our breaths with
cinnabar dye.
cinnabar dye

Last edited:
Location: Kaladorei With: everyone Doing: death, destruction and carnage Theme: dragula
Dead I am the one, exterminatin' son
Slippin' through the trees, stranglin' the breeze

Dead I am the sky, watchin' angels cry
While they slowly turn, conquering the worm

Dig through the ditches and burn through the witches
I slam in the back of my Dragula

Dead I am the pool, spreading from the fool
Weak and want you need, nowhere as you bleed

Dead I am the rat, feast upon the cat
Tender is the fur, dying as you purr

Dig through the ditches
And burn through the witches
Dig through the ditches

Do it baby, do it baby
Do it baby, do it baby
Burn like an animal

Dead I am the dog, hound of hell, you cry
Devil on your back, I can never die
I can never die, I can never die

Do it baby, do it baby
Do it baby, do it baby
Burn like an animal

Dig through the ditches
Dig through the ditches

NtXdiV8.jpg
Intent on ripping the orc apart once and for all, the Beast honed its fury on her with repeated swipes and didn't notice the dark shadow drop down on him from above. A glint of silver flashed briefly in the moonlight before plunging into the creature's back. The Beast's back arched as he roared in a new level of pain, fresh blood pouring from the searing wound even as he was grabbed in a bear-hug by the scalding golem. The hot steam against the ice in his fur only created more steam, burning his flesh along several areas of his body. He roared and howled, the pain only fueling his fury. Had he been his normal size, or at least been able to inflict damage on the construct, he no doubt would have ripped an arm clean off of it as he tore at it in a frenzy and finally pulled free. Backing away several feet to angle his next attack, he was about to try to charge the orc again when he heard a familiar voice in his mind.

Attack the mage.

His ear swiveled back as if momentarily listening for the source of the voice (which wasn't there), and for the first time his eyes looked passed the golum and the orc and focused on a figure that appeared to be channeling magic. He couldn't immediately reach the mage, so he did the only thing he could. Grabbing a massive chunk of paved stone from the street, he hurled it through the mist directly for the magic-user.

Last edited:
Rowan Grimhold Interaction(s): OPEN

Rowan opened his eyes quickly and looked at the ceiling. It was another nightmare. He had those all the time. He sat up and felt a bit of sweat on his back. Had the nightmare been that bad? All he remembered was an old woman with a staff. She wasn't even all that scary looking.

"Well, better get changed." He muttered to himself. He changed into his battle clothes, just incase anyone tried anything sneaky. He picked up a small bag of silver coins and put them in his pocket. He was looking for dinner.

He walked into the center of the inn, expecting to find just a couple of men having their dinner, but instead found an old crone sitting alone at a table.

The Crone from his dream.

Last edited by a moderator:
1613715869464.pngTaneras Aldon
Mentions: Everyone || Interactions: ThomasYeagger ThomasYeagger , Yhmera Yhmera

So much happening! Taneras was struggling to seperate all of the various components his senses were giving him into seperate, discernable pieces of information. There was chanting, singing, screaming, hissing going on. There was lots of movement as it all centered at the werewolf. Things were truly frantic. Lets see if Taneras could actually make sense of this...
First thing catching his attention was the white haired.. girl? (She had long hair. Taneras could only assume therefore that she was a girl.) Anyways, she was falling from the roof of the inn at an impossibly quick pace. Then there was the golem rushing at the werewolf yet again. Guards were rushing around, obviously trying to get a handle on the situation themselves. And the half-orc still stood in front of the werewolf, courageous as could be! Taneras couldn't help but admire the stubborn green person. And all of this was sight alone! His ears were just as occupied, and harder to discern, though he was able to do so in time.

First off was a singing coming from.. somewhere. The caphocony made it hard to distinguish where it was coming from. However, if there was one thing that the alchemist could confirm, was that it sounded nice. Beautiful, in fact. Very out of place from the screaming going on all around him. The second most pressing noise was the chanting; obviously, someone was casting a spell, though, again, Tanah couldn't tell where it was coming from. And aside from the raging, snarling, and roaring from the werewolf that dominated the scene, there was little else that Tanah could make out from the din.

Excellent.

Tanah eyed the fallen guards, a fair distance away. They were obviously in need of assistance, though Tanah only had three healing potions on him... Regardless, he needed to get the wolfsbane to the half-orc, where they could use it to potentially get the wolf reeling. But just as he was about to make the trot to the valiant fighter, the lightshow started.1613715911789.png

First came the hissing of steam as the golem that charged the werewolf again collided, and let loose its banks of boiling hot water. Then, came the smell of ozone in the air as the mage prepped his lightning spell.
Wait.

Taneras grinned when he saw the thunder and lightning charging up around the redheaded man. This combo of his was going to work! ...If that flying piece of rubble didn't knock out the mage first! Tanah blinked in indignation, before zipping off at full sprint, screaming at the top of his lungs to the mage: "You better not get hit and ruin that spell, you ass! If you do, I will shove this healing potion down your throat just so I can knock you out again, just because you made me waste a valuable ingredient!" Internally, Tanah was wincing as he realized just how much money he lost- and potentially losing- trying to deal with this werewolf.

Meanwhile, Asteri was just floating daintily above the mess that was the fight, floating just outside the range of the icy mist. She was patient. Eventually, this irritating mist would die down, and then that werecreature would know true pain as it would be exposed to the light of a thousand suns! Asteri felt her little chest rise in zeal as she imagined her light just blasting, no, DISINTEGRATING the werewolf into tiny little grains! Then, when she was done doing that, the town would reward her by giving her all the gold, silver, and quartz nuggets she wanted! But not iron. Iron was disgusting.​

Truri
{ With: Elre,the crone, maybe Rowan } { Location: Kaladorei inn } { Theme: Oceandeep }​

full

The fairy made itself at home on her shoulder, not that Truri minded. He was making it easier to move. Giving her the energy she needed. Thankfully it didn't take long for them to get to their destination. "I owe you one fairy." She said softly, pushing her way in threw the inn doors. "What do I call you besides fairy?"

The first thing that stuck out was the old woman at the table with two scrolls set out before her. The next thing she noticed was everyone acting like nothing was going on outside of the inn. It was a bit unsettling, but what could she do? "You said downstairs, right?" She would worry about everything else after she got some much needed sleep.

Spotting the doors to the basement storage, she started that way than stopped. There was just something about the old woman. Before Truri could stop herself, she was heading over to the crone's table and taking a seat. Crystal blue eyes locked onto the woman, watching her. "I hope you don't mind me joining you." Her wilting voice was soft as she spoke.

"I'm sorry but do I know you?" Truri asked before looking over the scrolls. In the back of her mind she knew heading to the basement storage to hide was best. But she couldn’t get herself up and moving. Like she was compelled to set there, waiting for something.

full

The golem was doing a great job trying to help hold the wolf back. Plus the steam baths seemed to be doing something. Helping to keep it busy so no one else got hurt. Then the kitsune dropped with it's swords, stabbing the wolf in the back. Seemed things were starting to go good for them. At this rate, it would drop soon. Hopefully. Then again, there was the mage doing something. The freezing mist was a good idea. Now it seemed lighting was on its way. But she couldn't leave, couldn't back down.

It was like a dance. The wolf went at her with a series of frenzied slashes. She brought her weapons up to block. The strength and ferocity of each blow pushing her back with each hit. Even with her weight shifted so it was now on her front foot and leaned in. The wolf looked wounded but so was she. Not only was there a nice-sized hole on the shoulder but now there were gashes across her arms and hands as well. It hurt like hell but she wasn't about to give up. Unfortunately, all she could do was hold her ground against the wolf. That was until something changed.

It pulled its head back and looked around. His eyes focusing on the mage. No longer did she old his attention. "Tsh!" She grunted. There was no way she could move fast enough to block the mage at this point. Her body screamed for rest after that pounding. Then again she didn't have to move. At the start of the fight, she whistled for her boar to return. Gorge took his time but was finally barreling his way in through the town. As if already understanding what was going on. The boar stopped in front of the mage taking the brunt of the blow. The animal let out a squeal before dropping to the ground. The heavy chunk of paved stone landing on top.

Megir froze. Gorge was her best friend. He had been with her through many battles. He always knew what she needed in battle with little or no communication from here. She screamed out as she charged like a mad man at the wolf. The and being swung overhead, trying to bring it down on the wolf's shoulder. The shortsword was a straight thrust, trying to drive it deep into his chest. "DIE ALREADY!"

Name: Megir II Location: Kaladorei II With: the wolf, golden, nate, and Taneras II Doing: fighting​

d6nbpr0-6a9f9800-f449-423a-9ce4-f5959c591701.jpg

[Location: Kaladorei. With: Gorge Yhmera Yhmera ]
"To properly use barrier magic, one must first understand how architecture works. In theory you could just brute force it and expend a butt load of magic in creating a sturdy barrier, but it is always more effective to use proper anchoring points, allowing the barrier to be thin, but using the surrounding areas to support the weight of an attack or falling debris. An egg can hold the weight of the world if properly set up. Possibly, never really tried, could be interesting though. Oh but you don't care about that do you my porcine friend" the muffled rambling came from underneath the chunk of paved stone that had landed on Gorge before being followed by a golden wind-like light.

"There we go, good as new. Well, good as before. I could possibly make you younger if I had the proper materials. Hmm could be...what? Oh, move the stone? Yes, you are right. Give me a moment. Let see, shift barrier to point three. Fulcrums are interesting aren't they, set them up properly and with just a simple push...hmm...maybe not so simple. Little help? Well of course I need your help, you have much more mass then I do, and about more than half of that is definitely muscle. I myself am just a wimpy mage capable of altering the fabric of the universe with incredible spells. Sometimes brute strength is more effective. Thank you." there was a laugh as the stone began to slide off of an invisible barrier revealing a blond man resting on top of the boar.

"There we go, much less stuffy and crushy. Now what do we have here? Lots of things going on, most of it centered around the Werewolf, which I've always thought was a strange name. Wolfman or Man-Wolf sounds much better given that they aren't creatures that were wolves and changed. They were men who became wolves. So if anything, now that I think about it, they should be called Weremen" the boar snorted and the man friend "Yes, I am getting distracted again, we should go help Megir. Such a delight seeing that beautiful green skin again!"

Location: Kaladorei With: everyone Doing: death, destruction and carnage Theme: dragula
Dead I am the one, exterminatin' son
Slippin' through the trees, stranglin' the breeze

Dead I am the sky, watchin' angels cry
While they slowly turn, conquering the worm

Dead I am the pool, spreading from the fool
Weak and want you need, nowhere as you bleed

Dead I am the rat, feast upon the cat
Tender is the fur, dying as you purr

Dig through the ditches
Dig through the ditches

Do it baby, do it baby
Do it baby, do it baby
Burn like an animal

Dead I am the dog, hound of hell, you cry
Devil on your back, I can never die

Do it baby, do it baby
Do it baby, do it baby
Burn like an animal

Dig through the ditches
Dig through the ditches

NtXdiV8.jpg
The Beast didn't wait to see whether the rock it threw hit or not. A guard brave enough to charge into the frey came straight at him with a sword and shield, and he was more than happy enough to oblige the man with making him the next target of his fury. By now the effects of the shrinking potion were beginning to wear off as he slowly grew back to his original massive size. The pain of his burns was beginning to dull as they slowly began to heal over- but the wound in the back of his left shoulder was still bleeding. The guard's eyes got wide in fear as the werewolf suddenly got much bigger right in front of him, a massive clawed hand tearing into the human's midsection before sending him flying back against the building.

The she-orc was charging in next with newfound vigor, dripping in her own blood. The Beast barely dodged her axe attack, but her sword plunged into his midsection. He looked down at her with a growl, the sword still lodged in his body, and then a menacing grin revealed his maw of sharp teeth as he looked directly into her eyes and gave her a laugh-like snort.

"Toy..." he growled in a deep gravel voice, the word slightly distorted by clumsy pronunciation. But the message was clear: he was mocking her. Grabbing the hilt of the sword, he ripped it out of his belly and flung it down the street.

He was about to attack her again, his claws raising to try to finish her off once and for all when he suddenly stopped.

Attack the mage! Hurry!

The beasts eyes snapped back up to the one channeling magic, then he barreled passed the orc and ran at the caster at full speed.

Last edited:
MECYstU.jpg
Ciara remains poised, attention momentarily glancing down at her blade soiled with combat. However the werewolf apparently had more pressing issues. That was the second time he had now ignored her invitations to play, there would not be a third. With a flick of her wrist and a twirl, the blood scattered off her dagger in a circle around her. The twirl ending with her sitting cross legged on the icy ground. The shadows peeled away from her. She could feel the power gathering in the sky even as her four tails fanned out behind her. Arcs of violet electricity began sparking between her spread tails like tesla coils and within her ring of power cause no effect within the charged mist around her.

She watched as the Boar intercepted the rock meant to break the red headed mage's concentration. Tossing the blade from her right hand to her left, and flipping it around to point the blade down, both arms extended in front of her. Her right arm pointing two fingers, tracking the werewolf's movements. Still slow by her enhanced perceptions. Her left hand gripping the silver dagger with its point hovering above the edge of her circle. Her hair and tails letting off a pink glow from the bright reflection of purple-red light against white.

She felt the surge of magic as the new caster appeared, saving the boar's life. Her ears twitched attentively as she listened to his ramblings about shields and werewolves, inciting her to pipe up in response, even as she remained alert and ready to strike.
"Even a barrier crafted with proper form and anchors can still be smashed by a greater force of equally structured precision. Better to focus on the angle at which the force is to be deflected rather than absorbed directly. Also the name Werewolf comes from the old tongue. Wer-wulf. With the old wer meaning man, thus... man wolf. Also thus every other man creature shifter."
She spoke calmly in her usual sweet silvery tones, no sense of danger or stress apparent in her voice.
Her attack held at the ready, being the moment the mage releases his casting, or fails to do so. Her blade would strike down and sever the ring, the gathered energy coursing up though her body and out her extended fingers with a dazzlingly bright arc of violet lightning aimed at the werewolf's back, and timed to strike simultaneously with the attack from above, or in it's place, should the mage fail.

Name: Ciara Location: Kaladorei With: Lots of people Doing: Definitly not pouting about being ignored Theme: Song of Storm and Fire

1613801138957.pngNate spent the last moments yelling out words one could not understand, standing straight up. He was focused on his spell, he needed to do this right, there would be no take two. Being focused revealed to be harder than planned, the beast wanted him ! At first, it threw a whole chunk of paved stone at him ! Nate saw it flying right through him and thought that was it, there was no way he could dodge that and ironically he had the time to think it... But then Megir's beast, which he didn't even know existed a few seconds ago, rushed in and took the hit, saving his life in the process.

He almost lost his focus at this point, but the alchemist's words called him back to reality. Right, don't waste the spell, this is needed right now. At this point his voice echoed even louder than before as he kept going, the sky now roaring furiously, its fury impatient to be unleashed. He kept going for a few more seconds, his eyes locked on the beast who was giving everyone such a hard time. Eventually, he was about to be ready, but that was also the moment Koran rushed at him.

The beast, in all its fury and might, was truly terrifying for the puny looking sorcerer and at any other given time he would have ran away. However, this was not any other time, this was the time he was ready to strike as well. As the beast rushed at him, his voice vanished and he paid himself the luxury of giving it a smile. The sky momentaneously quieted down, the werewolf was almost at him when his right hand, until there pointed at the sky, went down toward him. In an instant a blinding flash of light flooded the street as a mighty lightning stroke down, casting every fighter's shadow away from the point of impact. The flash itself didn't last as long as its effect on everyone's eyes, for a lightning is just as short lived as it is mighty. The noise alone was deafening, the distinctive crackling roar of thunder echoed to everyone from so close one would feel they had been struck.

" Let's see you walk away from this one." Nate said, his voice quite low, mostly to himself and quite hyped by his own success -or so he thought so far-. Would the werewolf not jump out from the impact zone and kill him just like that, that would be the point he would allow himself to let go of some pressure. He didn't let his whole guard down but he clearly thought this would have been the end of their fight. He then would turn to the latest arrived magus and the alchemist.
"I owe you a big one my dear ! "

-----------------------------------

In the same time, Elre was with Truri. He had helped her make it to the inn, giving her an almost playful " No problem" as if this was nothing while she joined the inn thanks to his support. He remained on her shoulder as she walked in, and again he nodded and gave her a loud enough " Yes !" As she asked if she was to go downstairs. But then they both noticed this weird woman. Elre shivered, she was no ordinary grand ma. This was not just her extern look, she oozed power and somehow, danger. He almost just flew away before he got himself together again and held tight onto Truri's clothes.

The bard sat down at the old woman's table, and Elre tugged on her collar, urging her to go away. He was also made very shy by the old woman's presence, and didn't want to speak up too loudly, she was straight up disgusting and scaring him.
" We said downstairs, this is no good, please !" He urged her, speaking in his little voice straight to her ear while he was still tugging her, trying to pull her away. Would she not move, he'd give an almost sad stare at the witch and at her weird stick, clearly intimidated by her. He swallowed hard, his eyes moving fast from the witch to the doors leading to the street, and back to her.
He wanted Nate and the others to be back. There was a loud noise, and from inside they could see the sudden flash, to the elf that was his human companion dealing quite a blow to whatever monster this had been, so hopefully they would be back there soon enough.
1613801161922.png

Name: Nate Location: Street of Kaladorei With: Ciara, Stodan, Megir, Thorin, Koran, the magus. Doing: Being cool and cinematographic. Theme: back to the egg. ( Nate's Mana 70)
Elre: With Tulri and the Crone, urging Truri away (Elre's mana: 90)

Last edited:
NPC- THE CRONE
60983712f13df5c9a14d8bc0af625263.jpg

In the inn
Yoma Kazoe Uta

The crone narrowed one eye on Truri, leaning in as she looked the white-haired woman over. "I don't know child. Do you know me?" Answering a question with a question. Slowly leaning back in her chair with a groan. "I've never known one like yourself girl. Or should I say dragon?" The words were quickly followed by a light cackle as her free hand patted the scrolls in front of her. "I'm waiting for a child who knows the hardships of the outside world. One that understands why we have changed to survive."

Slowly her dead gaze shifted to the fairy as the humor fled her features. "Fairies are despicable creatures that have forgotten their roots. Slaves to man." The crone spat on the floor and a hissing sound followed. The snakes wrapped around the bottom of her broom staff recoiled as they dropped down lower. "I am not looking for a fairy. Nor am I here to hurt a rare creature line this. A dragon who's lost her family to the old kings. Who has seen her kind hunted to the brink of extinction." A trembling hand came up and she pointed a finger at Truri. "Pick a scroll and prove me right." She cackled some more as the snakes started to move back up the broom staff. "Pick wrong and well, have fun." The dragon would feel compelled to pick one scroll up.

Most dragons, especially the song dragon, a gentle creature for sure, had changed. Being forced to live in lands of taint and corruption. Nothing good and pure lasted long out there. It didn't matter what the creature's true nature was. The first king had locked them all out. Leaving them to fend for themselves. To deal with the armies that saught nothing but destruction. How one like herself made it inside the barrier and lived for so long was a mystery. Maybe she and those around her would be the onces meant to fulfill the proficy and put an end to the night mare that not plagued so many.

The moment Truro picked a drill the other one would disappear along with the Crone. Distant cackles could be hurt slowly fading into nothing.

ONE. Having a one-night love,
TWO. will plunge us into the underworld.
THREE. Even if I were to kill everyone,
Hell.
Hell.

FIVE. Drenched in the bloody rain of
war...
SIX. I'm no different from a corpse on
the battlefield.
SEVEN. When even my tears are running
dry,
melt away.
melt away.

NINE. Tonight let's offer our
congratulations,
cinnabar dye.
cinnabar dye

NtXdiV8.jpg
The Beast's massive claws tore against the ice and stone as he gained speed toward his prey. The mage was his. Suddenly a lithe female with multiple tails appeared to one side of the street- she too was wielding magic. Mage. The Beast grinned, abruptly changing targets and speeding through the icy mist toward the female.

No, not that-

Too late.

With a deafening crack, a flash of light split the sky, a bolt of lighting striking down at the wolf. It was joined only a half second later by a second flash, a purple bolt of magical energy mingling with the lighting as they shot toward the frenzied Beast that was almost on the kitsune. The magic energy arced straight for the metal collar, striking it and lighting it up as it conducted the electricity into the monster.

It happened so fast. One moment he was opening his jaws to clamp down on the female mage, and the next paralyzing pain exploded throughout his body. The massive werewolf jolted mid-air, additional sprays of lightning branching off along the ice in his fur. He collapsed to the ground with a three-hundred pound THUD, and didn't move.

Silence filled the street as onlookers waited with baited breath, daring to hope that the nightmare had ended.

The voice in his head was laughing.

The Beast's eyes rolled open with a low growl, its pupils dilating as it tried to clear its vision. The growl deepened as he started to move, slowly pushing himself up onto all fours. He looked unsteady at first, but with each passing moment his senses and coordination improved steadily.

"Hurry! While it's still weak!" one of the city guard shouted, gesturing another to follow suit in raising his musket. Two shots fired, but only one struck its target, punching a hole in the Beast's shoulder. It growled and roared in fury, but didn't otherwise seem to care, taking the first steps for another charge for the closest target on all fours.

Retreat.

The Beast slowed for a moment and shook its head as if trying to shake something out of its fur. It could feel its wounds healing- all but one. It still had plenty of fight left. Then it started forward again.

Retreat! Now!

The Beast roared in rage as it stopped in its tracks, its malicious glare shifting between the various figures nearby. It paced in a circle for a moment before letting out another growl, and then abruptly darting down a dark ally. It picked up speed as it ran, finding the quickest route out of town.

b26ad576b20b32fbba929f9be051d067.jpgNenya Sagewhisper ; Elven Rogue
[
Location: Inn ] [With: Truri and Elre] [Theme: Traveler's Song]

Nenya sat in the tavern of the inn quietly nursing on her mead. The screams outside and the golem bursting in was enough to send the norms into a panic. If that wasn't bad enough some dark haired man summoned two undead. Everyone now was past panicking. Just as quickly as it all started, the panic stopped as the place mended itself and an old crone took a seat. Everyone instantly calmed as if under a spell. "Well well, and here I thought it would be a dull night." Her lips slowly curled into a thin smile as she tipped her chair onto the back to legs.

She was just about to try something when a woman with white hair pushed her way in with a fairy on her shoulder. A FAIRY! She thought, well could this be any more entertaining? her foot lightly rapped out a beat against the floor as she watched quietly. Obviously, the fairy wanted to leave but the woman wasn't having any of it. She simply sat and talked. Then the next thing she could see clearly was the crone vanishing. Nenya almost fell back out of her chair at the sight. "Oh my giddy nickers, what just happened?" She muttered in surprise. Just proved how unpredictable this place truly was.

Well, should she interject or keep watching? Unsure of what action to take, the well-toned elf pulled out a coin and flipped it. It was her lucky coin and often times used it to help make split decisions. It didn't get any more split than this. To stand up and do something, anything. Or to watch on and see what plays out next. HEADS she thought to herself as the coin landed. Sure enough, as she looked down at her hand, the coin was heads up. "Sit and watch it is." Emerald eyes danced as she watched to see what would happen next.

Last edited:
Thorinn Quickfeet
full

Kaladorei / everyone except Truri, Nenya and Elre / announcing something

"Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!" Thorinn laughed maniacally as he watched the werewolf got zapped by a lightning stike and was forced to retreat. It wasn't his spell, but it's still satisfying to look at. Though he was disappointed that the werewolf was able to flee. Oh, well.

"Kindle, are you OK?" The goblin climbed onto his golem and inspected the parts where the werewolf attacked. Torn armor, dislocated joints and several more deep scratches. Mending spell and a few manual repairs would be able to fix it. Now that he was standing on a higher place than most people, Thorin was able to better grasped the scale of the battle and how many people was actually involved. Which was more than what he initially thought.

"Sweet rock of The Creator. Look at these many fighters in one place! Just my luck!" Thorinn chuckled as he was thinking hard regarding on what to do next. He was planning to stop on the big city to convince some sellswords for this quest but maybe... he could just do it right here right now. Yeah, that sounds good. Thorinn climbed up his golem even higher, ultimately standing on top of its head and overseeing the entire field.

"ATTENTION EVERYONE!! ATTENTION!!" The goblin yelled as loud as he could manage to draw people's attention to himself. Most people wouldn't expect a goblin to just suddenly started a speech at this time so it took a few moments until the inhabitants of the village stopped whatever they're doing and ready to listen to the goblin. Seeing people looking up to him, literally, made him feels empowered. Like a ruler looking down at his henchmens.

"A horror just befell us this night in the form of a werewolf assault. Such savage beast! Look at the destruction he made." Thorinn opened his arms wide to emphasize his speech and made it looks more dramatic. He took a brief pause to let everyone absorb the sight of surrounding carnage before continuing.

"Many of you might have already heard about some... rumours from the north. How the barrier there had weakened and monsters leaking in. Unfortunately it's not a rumour. It's the truth, you all have seen the proof tonight!"

"I am Thorinn Quickfeet! Apprentice of Dragghar Steelboner, the legendary blacksmith of Goldmire Mountain!" Thorinn introduced himself with confidence several times his size. "A few days ago I received the truth from a trusted person, and I shall share it here right now! Listen to me verry carefully, since I will cite the truth, word by words and will not repeat it! Kindle, give me the scroll!"

The golem clumsily produced a seemingly glittering scroll from its back and handed it to Thorin, whom read it out loud for everyone nearby to hear.

"Good day,

This note comes to you from Wipuk, the royal Artificer.

Yes, I know who you are and I am hoping you along with others I've sent this message to will come to the aid of our dear King, Kalen.

The barrier to the north has started to fall and nothing we've done has been of any use to stop it. We fear one of the legendary crystals that make up this barrier has been stolen. I'm going to reveal to you a great secret. One that I pray you don't share unless is needed to help you find people willing to aid you on this perilous journey.

Hundreds of years ago a demon god, Yeenoghu came to this realm and brought with him hoards of demons and created numerous monsters. The lands were savagely destroyed. Villages ransacked. Countless people slaughtered. To stop the desolation brought on by the demon god, the priestess Lalaria the daughter of King Cryrnar, created the 5 crystals using her own life force. She died in the process but a mighty barrier was formed. The Crystals of Strength, Loyalty, Courage, Spirit, and Wisdom are what power the barrier. Thankfully the barrier pushed out most of the evils in the lands. Not even the demon god Yeenoghu could cross the barrier she created.

To honor her sacrifice once every 50 years a priestess of the moon goddess Ilargi repeats the offering willingly. No one is ever forced. She doesn't give up her life. Just some of her magic and energy. Ilargi is a goddess of healing and protection and wouldn't want people dying for her. In return, the goddess ensures that the barrier stays standing to protect all. Please, it's almost time for the next ceremony and the crystals must be in place

Find them, make sure they are safe, and keep the barrier up. Make sure the people and lands are protected! Each one will come with a unique challenge so be prepared!
" Thorinn ended up his reading with a climatic tone before rolled back the parchment and tucked it into a hidden compartment inside Kindle's body.

"Believe it or not, it's the truth. For anyone with a brain too smooth to understand Master Wipuk's words. Let me summarize it as simple as possible. King Kalen of the north request some aids! Help him and be rewarded! I prepared a small amount of front-payment. For anyone willing to join this quest, meet me at the village entrance tomorrow morning!"

Last edited by a moderator:
duskwalker3.jpgTaneras Aldon
Mentions: Ace Cream Ace Cream , Squee Squee ||Interacts: Yhmera Yhmera , XtaticSoda XtaticSoda

The werewolf had finally retreated. Tanah breathed a sigh of relief, though he frowned internally. Great. The werewolf escaped. Now it can roam around killing more innocent people. ..But now wasn't the time to think about that. Now came for the time of recovery. He cast his gaze around the square, though he was already pushing his way through the mist to try and save time. The Half-orc needed a potion, the golem was being handled by the the goblin, and the white haired girl needed a potion too. Time to get moving. He looked at Asteri, and made a motion with his hand. "Aster, c'mere! We've got a lot of stuff to do!"

Asteri chirped in slight annoyance. In fact, she looked like she was pouting... but what for? But regardless of her demeanor, she floated over, as she recognized that Tanah needed her help. First off, Tanah trotted over to the half orc, pulled out one of his healing potions, and quickly handed it to her. He gave a shy smile for a brief moment at her, before saying, "I-I'll get back to you later; you might need s-s... You might need some checking on those wounds, even after the healing." He grimaced after that- that was a horrible attempt at a sentence. But he didn't dwell on that long; it was cold! Tanah turning to Asteri, asking, "D'you mind getting the Firepetal-Glowshroom vials? I think people might be a tad bit cold." Asteri grumbled, until Tanah handed her another quartz nugget. To which she promptly scurried off, zooming toward the window where their room was.

Tanah gave a small wave to the half orc, before cantering over to the white haired girl... she had a mask on? Well, that made things more awkward for him... He shuffled around a bit in front of her, before finally managing to get out, "..H-h-hhere's a healing pot- umm, potion.. You're not, er, you're not too injured, are you?" After stammering his way through- that mask was really intimidating, he handed over the second healing potion. Almost immediately after, Tanah felt a familiar weight on his shoulder. Aster was here, wearing her delivery harness full of vials. His hand went up instinctively in gratefulness, stroking her fur, before reaching back down and pulling out another quartz sliver and feeding it to her. Asteri squeaked her approval, before snapping it up.Carbuncle 2.png

Meanwhile, Tanah had pulled out one of the vials from the bandolier-like delivery harness, he handed it to the masked girl in his other hand. "H-here's this as, uh, well. Shake it to, uh, to set off a reaction for it to radiate heat and light." Tanah's head went on a swivel, looking around to count out everyone else. As people were coming out of their homes, his shoulders sagged again. Yeah. This was going to be expensive.

In the middle of contemplating life choices, a voice screeched out. Tanah's head snapped to attention at who was delivering it. Turns out the goblin had clambered on the golem, and was now taking the moment of silence afterward to give a pronouncement. After listening to it, Tanah's eyes narrowed. Just a small amount of magic, for this strong a barrier? He couldn't help but mutter, "Nice con. Going after people just after they've been attacked and scared out of their wits is an asshole move."

...But the goblin was offering money. And Tanah would definitely be hurting for money. ...Curse it all! He supposed he could go along to make sure nothing bad happened.. Keep an eye out on the goblin... Tanah shook his head. One step at a time. Recovery first. Tanah may like his explosions, and maybe adventure, but there were people that were in need of care first. ..Even if they did drain his pocket.​

Truri
full

{ With: the crone, maybe Rowan } { Location: Kaladorei inn } { Theme: Oceandeep }​

Truri looked to the fairy on her shoulder then to the crone. The fairy was in total panic and the crone was simply there watching. She wasn't sure what was going on or why everything seemed to be fuzzy. Her mind blurred as the scrolls were pointed out. The second her hand touched one, her eyes went dark. Like a puppet on strings she stood up and walked to the center of the room. in a sing song tome she started to recite a poem so I'll get here.

"MANY years ago war was waged between the demon Lord Yeenoghu and the rest of the sentient beings on this planet. King Cryrnar created a barrier to keep out the demons using 5 artifacts. The Crystals of Strength, Loyalty, Courage, Spirit, and Wisdom. They are known for taking on the form that best suits the wielder. However, the crystals are sentient, living. And if you don't align with them then they could kill you.

A sacrifice was used to activate the artifacts and set up the barrier. The king used his daughter's life. To maintain the barrier a pure soul has to be sacrificed once every 50 years. Over time the ritual was forgotten. The newer kings started killing anyone they wanted in the name of keeping the barrier going. "

She gasped as whitish blue wing sprouted from her back and softly rounded horns came up just above her eyes. Still the crystal blue eyes stayed black as she spoke on.

full
"Worse, at some point he was using the barrier to control the people. They lived in fear of the barrier coming down and did whatever he said. Right or wrong. On the other side of the barrier lived mostly monsters. But there were people and good creatures that were trapped among the evil.

Lord Yeenoghu has not been seen since the barrier went up and no one knows what happened to him. But to stop the suffering and to bring an end to the unnecessary bloodshed the barrier must come down. Good creatures, other races are dying."

Tears rolled down as her alabaster skin turned the same color as the leathery wings. a rippling of scales washed over her flesh as she shifted into her dragon form. Still she spoke on. Truri wanted to run but she could. All she could do was sing out the poem for everyone. For some reason beyond her, she needed everyone to hear it.

"To the south in a dark cave is the crystal of strength. To the west in a town lost in time is the crystal of wisdom. In the north hidden in a maze of monsters is the crystal of Courage. Somewhere in the east is the crystal of loyalty. The location of the last crystal has been lost. The crystal of Spirit, but that one comes with the greatest of cost. Find them, destroy them, and kill the king. Make sure this monstrosity is never repeated again.

Start with the crystal to the north. It will help you lead the way. There is a maze just before you get to the barrier on the Arleche Peak. You will find the Crystal of Courage there."

By the time she stopped speaking a small dragon. No bigger than a large warhorse stood in the inn. Truri looked around at the on lookers and recoiled. Don't look. Please don't look! Her mind screamed as she took a few steps back. knocking into chairs and tables in the process. With the fairy now riding on the dragon She didn't know what to do. Only wanted to hide. In a panic she ran to the doors that led down to the lower basement. Yes, in dragon form she hardly fit through the door. But she wasn't going to stand there and do nothing. Instead she got to the lowest point and hid behind as many bags and barrels as possible. Opening her mouth to speak, she started to recite the message once more.

full

Nothing she did seemed to get the wolf's attention again. But it didn't seem to matter as the wolf ran off. Breathing heavily, she finally allowed herself to rest, dropping to one knee. The half orc was moving slowly as she retrieved her shortsword. Her eyes closed for a second as something was shoved into her hand. It was a potion. "Thank you." She grunted before guzzling it down. Letting out a sigh as the pain seemed to fade.

As the goblin spoke, her golden eyes rolled up at him. Raising her ax. "I'll go. Meet you in the morning."Finally sheathing her weapons she rose up and started walking. "You can check on me at the inn. I'm going to bed." With a wave of her hand, the boar started to follow. "You took your time." The boar let out a snort. "I don't care if you're not allowed in the town." The boar let out another snort. "It doesn't matter if the guards are stupid." Looking back over her shoulder, she looked to Lithe. "You coming?"

Name: Megir II Location: Kaladorei II With: golden, nate, and Taneras II Doing: fighting​

d6nbpr0-6a9f9800-f449-423a-9ce4-f5959c591701.jpg

[Location: Kaladorei. With: Megir Yhmera Yhmera Mentions: Ciara XtaticSoda XtaticSoda ]​

Lithe's grin split his face when Megir spoke to him and he bounded over to give her a hug "Megir! It has been too long my dear. At least this time, you were part of the group attacking the singular individual. I do hope he deserved it, he was a he right? He wasn't wearing any pants, but with all that fur it was kind of hard to tell... Unfortunate that they ran off, that collar was just blazing magic for anyone to see, fascinating thing. I would have loved to study it. You know that potion did a marvelous job fixing you up, I'm not finding anything worth healing" a golden light flared from his hands as he examined her "Skilled alchemist indeed"

"That goblin's offer...why is it that whenever we are in the same place, there is always trouble to the north? At least it isn't dragon hunting this time...AH! Speaking of Dragons, I managed to locate Torgath and Ghellie" he clapped his hands with excitement "Tor didn't eat her! I found that to be perfectly wonderful news. He'd carried her away in what he considered the safest possible place...which just so happened to be in his mouth. Understandable, she was too small as a cat to be carried in claws and not strong enough to ride on his back. Understandably he was upset about Kale, but honestly, he could have given some warning instead of just flying off" he shook his head as he ran his fingers through his blond hair "I was beside myself with worry after we separated, but through some complex spell casting and even more complex safety measures, my magic and Dragon magic do not mix well, I was able to locate his hiding place"

Lithe laughed "He was not happy about that! But Ghellie was ecstatic. Well, as much as a cat can be anyway. Not to worry though, Torgath was able to get some particularly difficult to reach ingredients, a few precious metals on my part, and a whole lot of joint spellwork from both of us. Thanks to that, Ghellie is now back to her old self...err well, she had a few extra ears and a tail last I saw her, but that was residual magic. It wears off after a bit"

He suddenly stopped and looked at her for a moment "There I go, jabbering on and on again and we've just reunited! Tell me Megir, what have you been up to since the last time I saw you? Aside from fighting Wer-Wulfs" he leaned back and gave Ciara a grin and thumbs up. Someone else to discus magic and history together! He was looking forwards to that.

Location: Kaladorei to the woods With: no one Theme: In Amber Clad

The Beast was annoyed. Beyond annoyed. Retreat was the last thing in its nature, especially when his life wasn't on the line. But the voice spurred him on. It took its frustration out on a few buildings along the way, but the longer it went without combat, the more it began to calm. It didn't get much further before it tore its way into a dark storage room and gave in to the enevitable.

fSegSmR.jpg
It howled as the transformation started. Equally painful as the first as his bones broke and reformed, he would have kept screaming if his lungs hadn't suddenly collapsed as they morphed inside his body along with everything else. In a few seconds it was finished, leaving Koran once again in human form on his hands and knees in the dark storeroom panting in pain and exhaustion. He felt like he'd been hit by... well, he'd never been struck by lightning before, but apparently it made the worst possible hangover sound preferable. The burns on his body were almost fully healed, as was the stab wound in his abdomen, but the one in the back of his shoulder was still bleeding and still hurt.

Blinking several times as he tried to clear his head and collect his thoughts, he knew he had to summon the strength for at least one more transformation to get the rest of the way out of the town. After that... well, even if he passed out in the woods, at least he should be safe there. He focused one more time, barely containing his pained yell as he shifted again. This time he got smaller, and a few seconds later a black and grey colored wolf wearing a metal collar shook out its coat before darting back out into the dark alley.

lAPyRBb.jpg
That better have been worth it...
Koran thought to himself, though he knew full well that it didn't really matter. He took the fastest way out of town, and then began circling back to the woods. His wolf form was the fastest, and also the most inconspicuous. Most people mistook him for just a normal wolf in this form, even if they couldn't explain the collar- someone's misplaced pet. Once he reached the woods, he felt like he could relax a bit. It didn't take long to track the scent of the tree he had marked to retrieve his bag, but for now all he wanted to do was rest. Crawling under a bush, he lay down on his right side to not put pressure on his stab wound, and let out a long sigh.

Last edited:
MECYstU.jpg
She watched the wolf run away. The four tails she'd been holding up still tingling with energy as they relaxed limply around her. Long hair and fur both glowing like freshly fallen snow under the light of the full moon. She sat there quietly, somewhat dazed. She'd used a lot of magic, and the effects of the potion were wearing off. The moonlight felt so nice. She took a look around at the dead and dying. At the triumphant heroes. The pain and the sorrow, the relief, the joy. Shivers ran through her as she took in the emotions of it all.

Ciara barely noticed as the man approached her, turning her head to look at him. Words escaped her, but at his stuttering she smiled encouragingly on reflex, forgetting that she still wore her mask. She wanted to tell him she didn't need the potion, that she was fine. Somehow though it almost felt like it would have hurt him to refuse, so she took it. When he offered her the second vial however, she took his hand softly instead of the vial.
"Thankyou" She whispered, her voice a warm breeze in the chilly remnants of the fading frost.
One of her tails slid up over her arm and across to his, pulling away a moment later to reveal a woven bracelet braided from her own hair. It too glowed under the bright night sky.

Her ears twitched and swiveled as the goblin began his speech, and something else beyond as well. Someone else speaking at the edge of her range of hearing from the inn. The words should have brought her delight. They did not. Just as with the fight, something was off. Wrong. One issue at a time. During the speech she ran a finger along her blade, and then touched the finger to her lips. She spoke, but none here would hear her words. They were intended for only one, and only he who's blood she touched would be able to hear them. Far off past the town at the edge of the wood, a voice whispering in the ear of a resting man.
"Will you play now? How about hide and seek? If I find you, we talk. I do hope you know how to talk. I look forward to finding out~" the woman's voice trailing off in a fit of giggles.

Ciara was no long sitting on the ground. She stood on the rooftop of the inn once more, looking up at the moon. The Kitsune licked her lips, and took a deep slow breath. His scent, his blood, was fresh, it would hardly be a game. With a last look back at those she had fought alongside. She would not say goodbye. They would see each other again after all. They would see each other again quite soon, and where would the weapons be pointed when they did? Perhaps she was overthinking things, as usual. Only Time would tell. At the very least, she wanted to talk with that new man who had shown up. His aura was impressive, and there was a sharp wit there, both him and that alchemist she now owed. The drunken mage who had made her laugh, and Megir who had avenged all those children.
"Ready or not, here I come." She whispered, before bounding off silently into the night.

Name: Ciara Location: Kaladorei With: Lots of people Doing: Scheming Theme: The Blind Forest

Last edited:
1613961050686.pngNate was proud of his last hit. The spell hit right on spot after all, the beast fell to the ground and for a second, it looked slayed. He had been taken aback by the beast's sudden change in direction as it headed toward this feminine figure who also seemed to be preparing an attack, but the lightning strike took all its momentum away. Too soon though, it got back on its feet and ran away, leaving him very much startled.

" W-well... Looks like he walked away from it, after all.." He said out loud, much to himself once more. Might beast he thought, to resist Thunder's rage so well. He would have to do some research on that, for if he was to encounter another creature of this level he would have to know a way to get rid of it.

With the monster gone everyone's attitude changed. Many around mourned their dead, while the group of fighters all acted in a peculiar way. The other mage talked to the she orc like they knew each other so well, the masked mage lady didn't do much yet. The alchemist went around, giving off potions to those who needed it....Right, the mist ! Nate took a deep breath in, closing his eyes, and rising both hands at chest level, and as he breathed out and lowered both hands, the mist was blown away in a gentle, warmer breeze as the warmer air from all around pushed the icy mist away, making it disappear.

He opened his eyes again, smiling proudly. He had been the one to deal the final strike after all, even if the beast ran away, he was able to help force its retreat. Before he could brag or talk much more to any of his improvised team mates the goblin spoke up, quite loudly. At first Nate was annoyed by that, he thought he wouldn't be interested in whatever the guy had to say. However as the guy went on, Nate realized there was quite the honorable mission to take on there, and it had to do with the so called crystals that powered the whole barrier ! Nate had to take that quest, this was just too good to be true, a chance to see such mighty magical items from up close...Yeah, he would be in for sure. Nate rose his hand, his face harboring an almost shy smile.

"I'll join ya, little friend. " He said out loud. Calling a goblin little... How unoriginal, right ? But in Nate's voice it didn't sound like an insult or even a mockery, this was just his way to say things and if anything, the "friend" part was the important word. He walked toward the goblin and its damaged golem, eyeing it with curiosity.
" This is truly one amazing creation. It took the beast head on so well, and is still standing... And you say you are but an apprentice ?" He asked out of sheer amazement, smiling at the goblin. "This was great teamwork back then, I owe all of you a big one for keeping the beast more or less in place. Though I must say, I didn't think it'd run away after what we gave it" Nate ended this with a small laugh, all very relaxed despite how close they had been to a brutal death, just minutes ago.

------------------------------------------

Elre was still on Truri's shoulder. He had been trying to get her moving, but since she had none of it, he settled and watched the witch with angry eyes. As she went on about how his kind would be man's pets, he showed her his tongue... Obviously the little fairy was not in a position to stand his ground. He could only watch as this weird woman interacted with his new friend, making her act so odd !
As she touched the scrolls Elre noticed a change, Truri started speaking out loud, like something or someone was giving her what to say, and as she moved around, he quickly noticed her changes too. Her body was shifting, slowly turning into something else. By the time she was a full dragon, Elre wasn't on her shoulder but flying by her head level. He had felt she wasn't human earlier, he was sensible to these things... But what troubled him was... Humans, humans often tend to react stupidly. She also seemed to panic, she wasn't an evil beast and if anything it looked like she was afraid of the people's reaction. As she hurried to the basement, Elre's first reaction was to fly after her, but midway he switched directions and instead he flew out. He hurried at his full speed toward where the fight occured. He needed Nate, a human, to help calm the people and get this helpful dragon in to safety, he knew she was one to exposer herself to save others, but after a monster attack, it was easy to guess how the townsfolk would react. He screamed with all his tiny lungs.
" NATE ! NAAAATE !"

1613961086032.png
Name: Nate Location: Street of Kaladorei With: Stodan, Megir, Thorin, Koran, the magus. Doing: Sticking to Thorinn.. Theme: back to the egg. ( Nate's Mana 70)
Elre: In the street, hurrying toward Nate. (Elre's mana: 90) Elre's theme: Running in the (13)90's

b26ad576b20b32fbba929f9be051d067.jpgNenya Sagewhisper ; Elven Rogue
[

Nenya gasped at the sight. A dragon? Those are were worth their weight in gold. More in that little dragon's case. Slipping from her chair, she palmed a little dagger. As she passed from person to person, Nanya every so gently cut the purse strings free. "Oy, Excuse me, pardon me." She said in a tone that greatly resembled a British accent. Her eyes sparkled with greed as she slowly made her way down to where the dragon went. "Come to Nenya now." She whispered in delight as one fat purse snagged for a moment or two. When she thought the man would notice she cupped his shoulder "Pardon me." She said trying to quickly get past., The word sounding more like pordon than pardon. Just as the purse fell free, she had danced to the other side of the man and caught it silently in the palm.

"I ain't get'n in this mess but someone needs to check it out." Nenya announced. "An that someone is good old Nenya!" She beamed brightly as if everyone in the room should know her. Not even getting a chirp she simply shrugged. "Your loss. Just leave that creature to me. Have it out in a jiff." Her own pouches had started to grow fat with the lovely coins as she made her way down. Pulling a second dagger just in case. "Ello big'n. you down here? No worries, Nenya won't hurt you." Just gut ya and skin ya she thought gleefully. No, wrong thoughts to be having when approaching something that might possibly be able to read them.

It didn't take long to figure out where the dragon was hiding. There weren't many places for something like that to hide. Even in a storage cellar like this. "Just want to talk about those things you said. About magic crystals and people get'n killed." Putting the larger of the daggers away she slowed her pace. The free hand up as if trying to show she was coming in peace. Already the dragon was repeating what she had said earlier. "Somethin' ain't right with this." Nenya sighed. It was clear now that the thing was scared. Did the crone place a spell or do something to her?

"Shhh.. you can trust old Nenya now. I ain't like others. See?" Pushing back her auburn hair to show off the nicely pointed ears. "I'm 'n elf. Nenya's the name. Pleasure to meet a real live dragon like yourself." Palming the tiny dagger still in her other hand into one bracer she moved closer still. Trying to get a good beat on the dragon's mood. "Just no snack'n on me. I'm all skin 'n bones." Thinking she quickly added. "An with your fairy friend gone you need someone like me on your side. So what ya say? Friends?"

Last edited:

The cold night air was refreshing, and the sounds of the forest relaxing. Koran lay in the leaves of the forest floor, trying to piece together the jumble of memory fragments of his time in town. It felt like piecing together a dream, only there was no doubt that it had all really happened. Mostly he was able to put it all together, although there were some parts that he wasn't sure the order of. After all, the memory of killing one civilian was pretty much the same as killing dozens of others- eventually they started to blend together. The fight was interesting though...

Koran hadn't been resting long when he suddenly heard a feminine voice. Still in wolf form, he raised his head, ears turning about as he listned and smelled the air. That was when he realized he hadn't actually heard the voice. Someone was speaking to him telepathically. Pushing himself up to lay on his belly, he readied himself to stand and run if he had to- but it really was the last thing he felt like doing. He was exhausted and had a headache.

fSegSmR.jpg
He released a long sigh. He wasn't even in the mood to try to figure out what the voice wanted or what to do about it. Hide and seek? Did he even care if he was found and had to talk to her? He couldn't think of a reason, so the answer was no. He almost lay back down when it occurred to him that he might need to transform, or want to transform. He couldn't talk to her in wolf form, and if he could keep his identity as a werewolf a secret, it would be preferable. That meant changing before she got here.

He gave an annoyed snort, and then emerged from under the bush. A minute later, he was back in human form and pulling on the clothes he had stashed in his bag. Pants, boots, tunic, cloak- he looked like a traveler, and even with the hood of his cloak down, it covered his collar well enough. By now his wounds had all healed, all but the one which had finally stopped bleeding. What he really wanted was a nice soak in a hot spring somewhere, but he didn't know where the closest one was.

Slinging his bag over his right shoulder, Koran decided to head up the mountain to see if he could find one. After all, he had no idea when or if anyone would actually ever show up to speak with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back