• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Epic Battle of Epicness

Brytunn

High Emperor of the North
The brutal winds flow across the massive battlefield, dragging snow with it. The red blood of the countless dead warriors contrasts with the white of the snow, the extremely cold temperatures causing most of it to freeze up within seconds. Broken axes, spears, shields and parts of bodies stick out of the ground in places, betraying the massive battle that just took place here not long ago. The mountains in the distance and the boreal forests of pines surrounding this big open field are tinted white with the heavy snowfall. This is Norrheim, the jewel of the north. "Jewel", as it were... Sometimes I doubt it can be called that. It's more of a brutal wasteland of death and rage, no matter how much pride is mixed in.

I rip my axe out of a dying soldier by kicking him forward and causing him to fall onto his back, before stomping down onto his chest and crushing it completely, causing blood to splatter around. I growl, calming down from my battle rage before I look around me. Looks like I'm the only one left after this battle... All around me I see the brutal carnage of this war, but it's a sight I'm all too familiar with. I take a deep breath and jab the spear of my axe into the ground, leaning against it as I take a moment to think and survey the area around me. The cold, brutal north. The pointless carnage and death... This is what I'm made for. It brings a smile to my face, even...

'So, It's You Again...' a dreary, disembodied voice echoed throughout the battlefield, 'Maybe You Know Me, Maybe You Don't, Considering This Is An Alternate Timeline... But I Know You.'

The body belonging to the voice quietly fades into appearance before the mighty warrior, arms crossed over his chest, black jacket adorned upon his body with black pants, boots, and gloves to match, and a soul as a belt buckle upon his waist. His lavender hair spilled over a single eye, both of which were closed, as if sleeping. 'If Introductions Are In Order, I Am Khrona Tensei. We Fought In A Different Timeline...' the man's voice echoed, coming from his mind, 'So I'm Unsure If You Recall Who I Am. However...' Khrona hovered upright, a cocoon of crystal spiraling up his body from the toe to the head, '... I Do Believe We Have A Fight To Finish.' Khrona already knew that this wolf man was immortal, and sadly, they blew up that other dimension that they were fighting in before, as the battle had gotten too climactic... But he was happy to see that he survived, however long ago that was in this timeline.

'I'm Interested In Your Power,' Khrona spake through his mind, the crystal cocoon around him shielding his fragile body from the elements, 'For You Have Survived What Should Have Been Certain Death For Most, And I'm Interested In Testing Your Limits Again.' Khrona observed the bloodied battlefield with his psychic powers, as his eyes were closed, but he was still very much able to see everything around him. 'Do You... Even Know Who I Am? Do You Believe What I'm Saying Is Truthful?' Khrona asked, wondering if this was the same wolf man from before, or an entirely different one who simply existed in a branch of time where they hadn't met.

The mighty wolven warrior watches on in silence and confusion as this random man appeared, showing off his magical abilities and claiming strange things. This was certainly unexpected... Whoever this man is, he sure likes to talk a lot. The wolf sighs, which comes out as a growl, causing the air to condense in vapors due to the cold air. His light blue eyes glow through heavy snowfall and the faint darkness, watching the levitating man in the cocoon. But he didn't assume a combat position, simply standing with a straight back and holding his axe out before him with the bottom in the ground.

"The answer to your last question be no, little man. Your claims are strange, and your call for a duel is very long-winded and your reasons even more so. I do not know who you are, ro why we must fight in the first place. But if you truly wish for a duel, then I shall not delay you."
The wolf man says in a mighty voice that would shake the bones of a mortal, his accent heavily northern and distinctly ancient. He grabs his axe in both paws and bows before the little man in a traditional fashion before he takes half a step back, assuming a very wide combat stance. He mentally prepares for anything. This could be over in a single swing like most of his encounters, or this could finally be a worthy opponent. Only one way to find out. The thought of more battle brings a smile to his face as his bloodlust rises. He can feel his strength increasing and his adrenaline starting to flow already.

'I See...' Khrona thought, 'So You DON'T Recall...' By this time, Brytunn was assuming his battle stance. 'Then... I'll Have To Let You Know.' The unsmiling face of Khrona suddenly lightly smiled, the being hovering closer to Brytunn. 'I Seek To Fight You Because You Are A Worthy Opponent, And I Do Not Find Those Very Often', said Khrona with his mind, which was now emanating powerful pulses, like a heartbeat. 'Your Other Self Was Able To Withstand Me, But I Lost Him When The Dimension Collapsed Upon Itself...' Khrona shook his head, the pulses becoming faster, 'I Suppose None Of That Matters Now. You Are You And This Is A New Reality, So Let Us Make The Best Of It!'

With those words practically screamed, a powerful psychic force exploded from the man's once pulsating mind, spreading away all of the snow and bodies within a relative radius and sending them flying into the air. 'I Am Psychic,' Khrona said, letting his powers speak for themselves as the explosive force continued with pulsations that could knock over the trees, 'Among Many Other Things. But You Will Have To Discover That... In BATTLE!' Khrona loved a fight as much as the next person, and he was determined to have a good time with the wolf man... Without as much calamity.

Brýtunn steeled himself and resisted the powerful pulses, being pushed back a little bit with each one as his boots dug further into the ground, but he ultimately stood fast and resisted being knocked over. As one would expect from a massive warrior like himself. Finding the rhythm of the pulses, Brýtunn sees the window and takes the opportunity to attack by swinging his axe at the strange man, aiming for the center of mass. His moves were surprisingly quick for wielding such a big axe, as if the weight didn't even matter to him.

"You are using psychic powers against a being who has the will of solid steel!" He growled, barring his teeth.

When Khrona noticed the Brytunn dashed between the waves at such a high speed as Khrona drew near, he knew that his crystal bed would be destroyed upon impact. However, with his thoughts being as fast as they were, he was able to 'Teleport' out of the way and appear behind Brytunn as he was still in motion, quickly concentrating a powerful psionic pulse in the form of a concussive force directly at his back -- hopefully strong enough to damage him, or at least sent him flying.

'Will Bears Me No Mind,' Khrona jested, beginning to spin. Gathering up a great deal of momentum, he slung a psychic wave at a high speed in Brytunn's general direction, strong enough to level the trees of the forest with very much ease. In fact, the psychic wave should have been able to cut through steel, it was so sharp and swift -- like the edge of a blade. 'Sharpness Is Key To Victory!'

This sudden teleport was something the wolven warrior was certainly not expecting and the blast onto his back sends him stumbling forward a few meters, but he quickly catches his balance back. Although now, there's a large open wound on his back, causing a great deal of pain. Pain which only serves to fuel his rage, making him stronger. He turns around quickly just in time for the psychic wave, and with his quick reflexes he leaps up into the air and above the wave, coming down at high speeds straight towards Khrona with his axe in an overhead swing.

"Wrong. Overwhelming force is the key to victory! And you just met the very definition of it!"
He roars in the air as he comes crashing down towards Khrona.

The axe is met with a great forcefulness that halts it where it sits right before splitting the cocoon bed of crystal in twain. The impact caused a large crater to imprint itself around the two, which further shoots snow, bodies, and trees all about into the icy distance. With a look of strain on his face, Khrona thinks, 'As True As That May Be, As I See I Must Use Force To Deal With Your Brute Strength...' before 'Teleporting' backwards and out of the way of the fullness of the swing, which should have still been coming down hard, 'Strategy Wins The Day!'

After evading the last bit of the attack, Khrona lifts up the felled trees with his mind and begins to swing them around wildly in a vicious formation where none touch each other, but all sweep, swipe, and smash at Brytunn with great might. Daresay the entire forest would be up in the air lashing out at him, like a true force of nature.

All the while, Khrona rises up into the array of trees, his body becoming translucent, then disappearing into the thickness of the pines.

Brýtunn stands fast at the assault of the trees at first, slashing and swinging through most with his axe. But then he gets an idea, and in the heat of the moment he leaps up onto one, starting to use them as platforms to avoid others. For being such a large warrior, he is surprisingly agile and can leap great distances. This due to the strength in his entire body and the reflexes of his mind. He tries reaching Khrona through this, but he soon becomes invisible and disappears from Brýtunn's sight. He curses and leaps off of the formation of trees, down onto the ground once more.

"Show yourself!"

'I'm Here!' Khrona thinks with a powerful resound that causes all of the remaining trees to halt their motion, 'Behind You!' He suddenly Teleports behind Brytunn, but focuses his psychic power to have the trees all form a circle with their trunks facing inward, their pines outward. There, clear as day -- most literally so -- was yet another Khrona, hovering in the center of the circle of trees. Without warning, they started to swirl around him, orbiting him at an accelerated rate. They moved so fast that they seemed to blur together, and resembled a buzz saw.

Khrona lowered these spinning trees down toward Brytunn, their force easily able to take up large chunks of earth without breaking, as they were reinforced with psychic power. The aim was to break through him with the multiple trees and possibly send him flying, where another Khrona would be waiting out in the distance. Whether he flew or not, this Khrona appeared there and remained there, seeming to be placed for some particular reason...

This plan was certainly smart and Brýtunn quickly started realizing he was dealing with an enemy who could use their mind effectively mid-battle. But even so, he had the power of the gods on his side, and he growled as he put his axe up in defense, the massive blade cutting straight through the "blade" of the buzzsaw despite the reinforced trees. There's no resistance at all, as of the axe was just slicing through air... Bits of the treesaw go flying everywhere as it continues being shredded by his axe, and he grins slightly. In the middle of this he leaps backwards quickly, stopping himself, then leaping straight up into the air to avoid the buzzsaw and leap straight up to the Krhona in the middle of the buzzsaw, with his axe first.

'Impressive,' Khrona thought as the trees were shredded, even with the reinforced psychic power, 'But Not So Fast.' There was a barrier that suddenly presented itself between the Khrona in the midst of the trees and Brytunn -- a powerful one, indeed. 'Conversion!' Khrona cried out with his brain, dropping the trees and having every particle of the shredded wood and pine to be converted into energy for his psionic barrier. All of the trees were used up in this process, fortifying the initial barrier that was used to block the strike of the axe. It became so powerful that it even became a visible -- yet still translucent -- screen before their very eyes.

But that was just the tip of the iceberg. Khrona was also Converting the energy of the axe's swing into energy for himself for an attack, whilst the other Khronas maintained the psychic barrier absorbing the force. 'Force Is What You Wanted? So Be It!' With all of the same force Brytunn used from his strike, plus the energy that Khrona put behind his own attack, a visible force with the power to knock Brytunn away and send him flying clear across the range and into the mountains was released, the pressure of which could make the very mountains shudder.

There, Brytunn would be met with yet another Khrona in addition to the first ones, who seemed to have calculated where he should have landed should nothing get in the way or he not find a way to remedy his situation. That Khrona would remain in the mountains, as the ones set in their places would remain where they were. 'You Will Be Needing More Than Force Now, My Good Sir,' Khrona insisted, his mind just getting warmed up and prepared for greater intensity. Seemed as though the Khronas were setting themselves up for something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back