• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Enter the Kaelzon ~ Fantasy ~

Mikotsuhime

Nonbinary Forest Hermit
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The land of Earghus is a populous and thriving place. The great cities and mountains to the north are inhabited by a mixed population of humans and vampires, who live in peace with one another. The king is human, and mostly well liked by his subjects. The royal guard are mostly fair, and try to be tough on corruption, so that people feel safe in the capital city. Overall, it is an idyllic place.

In the south, however, there is an aberration. The Kaelzon jungle, which stretches the entire south half of the continent, is a mystery to any and all who come across it. Every now and then, strange beasts come from within its depths, dangerous and wild. Nobody knows what manner of creature they are, but they attack anything that moves, and need to be put down by the royal guard. The rumours go that the beasts live within the jungle, and come out to feed on the few villages that dot its edge. But there is no way to confirm this, because of the one rule that all who live in Earghus know as truth.

Nobody who enters the Kaelzon jungle comes back, ever.

The jungle has strange magic around it, which makes it impossible to skirt the edge and impossible to fly over. The only way to know what lies beyond it is through it. Common, sane people know better than to risk entering, and it's given a wide berth by both humans and vampires alike.

Recently, though, rumours have been spreading. They say that somebody is putting together a party to explore the Kaelzon. Normally, such a thing would be scoffed at, but this mysterious person has deep pockets, and has ordered a large amount of gold delivered to the family of whoever agrees to go on the venture, regardless of its success. Some people are willing to take the risk, to ensure the well being of their families. Some people want to know the truth about the jungle and its secrets. Some people crave the adventure of exploring the dangerous place, and testing their strength against unknown beasts.

Whatever their reasons, the whispers throughout the country were clear; meet in Tanzem village at the tavern on the first of the month if you wish to take up the offer. The Kaelzon edge is just a few scant kilometers from the tavern door, and it looms ever threatening over the village.

So that's the story. Your character or characters have decided, for whatever reason, to join the party to explore the Kaelzon. My character is the one who organized this, and will be waiting for you at the tavern. The time period for this rp is sort of loose, honestly. It's a fantasy world, and some cities in Earghus are more advanced than others. It's sort of an eclectic mix of medieval and Victorian, and you have free range to play around with that aspect as you like.

Vampires and humans are the primary creatures in this world. Sirens and mermaids linger near the oceans, but are rare inland. Other sentient monsters don't really exist outside of the Kaelzon. Vampires in this case are not overly weak to sunlight, as long as they're well fed.

I'm not super picky about things in terms of literacy level, as long as characters have something to respond to and you keep interaction up. I want to keep this small - limit of 3 or 4 joiners. I'm not huge on character sheets. If you really want to make one, I can make a thread, but I won't be making them for my characters and they aren't required.

The mystery of the Kaelzon will be explained slowly. I anticipate this to be more of a long-term rp, so please be ready for commitment. If you aren't feeling it after a bit and want to drop out, that's cool. I would appreciate a heads up, but know that after some issues with previous rps, if you do not reply for over a week with no heads up or anything, your turn will be skipped.

HEY.

I am so geared up to write lately I need to have like at least 3 rps going on at all times.

You and me both my friend.

I am here and I am excited.

But now I have to decide if I want to make some new characters or what. I've kinda been wanting to try out a blood mage vampire, would that fit?

Yes, magic is definitely a thing in this world. I should have mentioned that lol.

There's the rp thread!

So, do we want to wait for more people before starting or do we wanna start and others can sort of trickle in as we go?

I’m up for whichever route you want to take!

Probably more people will be around soon, but since we’re jut starting off, we could have Talia, Rowan, and Azrael chat. Or, Rowan attempt to keep Az from being rude to Talia, anyway.

Or we could wait! Either’s fine with me. ^.^

I think I'll reply since we'll be dicking around at the tavern for a bit anyways, so if anyone wants to hop in, feel free!

Not a dedicated one, no. I don’t really use character sheets, but if people want to toss one up they can do so in the ooc thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back