thatguyinthestore

Off to a Better Place
For OOC talk, please see the group's Discord Server. OOC talk in the potential IC thread is highly ill-advised.

Link to sign-ups.

4cw0kLn.png

Ahem! Today...

I'm going to tell you the story of the Star Festival.

Ch8_7.png

Every hundred years, a comet appears in the skies above the Mushroom Kingdom.

Ch9_5.png

The comet was so large one year, it filled the skies and sent countless shooting stars raining down.

latest

The toads brought the shooting stars to the castle, where they became a great power star.

This was the night of the Star Festival, held once every hundred years to celebrate that comet.

And today, we would like you to be present at our most cherished festival. It would be our honor for you to join us.

This was the book you'd received after a strange, unmarked package arrived at your doorstep. It didn't have a return address, oddly enough, and any attempt to find the person who delivered it would prove to be a fruitless effort as well. Because, as soon as you stepped outside of your door or simply looked around, there wasn't a soul in sight. Not even the smallest of footsteps could be heard, and no traces of the individual were left. All that remained there was you and that mysterious brown package. Whether you eagerly ripped open the packaging or waited a certain amount of time, eventually you did indeed find yourself looking inside the package, and when you did so, you found a small pamphlet containing an invitation to some "Star Festival."

Now, whether or not you immediately leaped at the opportunity was up to one's own jurisdiction, but no matter how long it took you, something stirred up inside of you to go. Maybe it was the promise of a new adventure? Maybe it was because you enjoyed parties? Or maybe you simply wanted to tell whoever sent you this invitation to quit bothering you. But, no matter the case, almost as soon as you looked upwards, you saw your method of transportation. There was no given address, after all.

Starshroom.png

An odd, mushroom shaped ship sat right outside wherever you were at that moment. Fitting, considering the name of the supposed kingdom that invited you to this mysterious festival. As you approached it, the upper half suddenly popped open, practically begging you to climb in, and you eventually did (though perhaps reluctantly). As soon as you dropped yourself inside your ship, a loud whirring noise could be heard, and before long it had lifted itself up into the air and you were off.

latest

You soon found yourself arriving in a beautiful, almost cartoon-ish looking kingdom. Decorations were displayed a-plenty throughout the area, and the castle's lights were on. The way they bounced off the crisp blue waters gave you a sense of calm and ease, as all that could be heard were the sounds of various party-goers talking and mingling, as well as the relaxing sounds of the waterfall falling into the surrounding lake. It seemed as though, wherever you were, it may have truly just been an innocent party.

twoecN0.png

"Hello!" A small, strange creature with a weird, mushroom head exclaimed as he waddled over to you. "I'm Toad E. Steve! And welcome to the Star Festival!" He exclaimed in glee (and also in a really, really high pitched voice) as looked up at you. Upon further inspection, there appeared to be a lot more of these creatures walking around and mingling, making quite the busy street. And they came in different colors too. Some had blue spots, some had red, some had yellow, pink, orange, etc. "Here! I'll take your luggage!" He exclaimed again if you had any bags with you, before picking them up and walking off. With that, you seemed to be able to enjoy the festival at your leisure.

First, you could always mingle with the other guests, or more of those creatures. Or you could always explore the area. Some areas of note were the castle, the lake, the fountain, the waterfall, and the numerous houses that painted the street leading up to the castle.

Enjoy the festival!

Mid-Prologue Update

Chapter One

Mid-Chapter Update

Cast List
FactionParadox FactionParadox as Spectre (Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS) and Romana (Doctor Who)
Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins Medic (Team Fortress 2)
DerpyCarp DerpyCarp as Midgardsormr (Final Fantasy XIV)
Crow Crow as Ben Tennyson (Ben 10) and USS Laffey (Azur Lane)
T The Man With No Name as Asgore (Undertale)
SheepKing SheepKing as Ravio (The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds)
Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun as Aufh-Mokwu Qwa Thae'il (OC)
Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara as Dib Membrane (Invader Zim)
darkred darkred as Maya “Echo” Visari (Killzone: Shadowfall) and Marcus Wright (Terminator: Salvation)
Nightwisher Nightwisher as Shilo Saga (OC) and Tiny Tina (Borderlands)
CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow as Eric Fiamatta (Pokemon OC)
GearBlade654 GearBlade654 as Martellus (Warhammer 40k) and
Praetorian (XCOM 2)
SpaceRavens03 SpaceRavens03 as Excalibur (Warframe OC) and Inazuma (Kentai Collection)
BoltBeam BoltBeam as Agent 3 (Splatoon)
QizPizza QizPizza as Alexis Kuroki (OC)
Zerulu Zerulu as Gaige (Borderlands) and Male_03 (Half Life 2)
Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 as Chronodran and Noa Hoshizaki (Cardfight Vanguard)
RedLight RedLight as Manelion (OC)
Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch as Sir Benedict Cucumberpatch (Classified)
Hahli Nuva Hahli Nuva as Hera (Smite)
Laix_Lake Laix_Lake as Vilgax (Ben 10)
MainEventMan MainEventMan as Ash Williams (Evil Dead)
Shadowfall Shadowfall as Atraxa (Magic: The Gathering)
Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 as Male_07 (Half Life 2)
FoolsErin FoolsErin as King DeDeDe (Kirby: Right Back at Ya!)
Centurion_ Centurion_ as Male_05 (Half Life 2)
FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla as Frank Woods (Call of Duty: Black Ops) and
Claptrap (Borderlands)
NovaAres NovaAres as Helrica Ramsblood (Glorantha OC)
GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack as Yakako Yamagishi (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss as Lilliane Odessa del'Ortollio (OC) and Bruce Wayne (DC Comics)
Chungchangching Chungchangching as CN-Tan (Channel-Tan)
Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak as Pink Guy (Filthy Frank)
L3n L3n as Mami Tomoe (Puella Magi)
ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool as Sans (Undertale)
Birb Birb as Karako Pierot (Hiveswap)
Javax Javax as Roxii Dae Sicarius (OC)
LilacMonarch LilacMonarch as Julia Thani (Pokemon OC)
marc122 marc122 as Ruby Rose (RWBY)
Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind as Marie (Splatoon)
Hawkmoth Hawkmoth as Pyro (Team Fortress 2)
Haz. Haz. as Makoto Yuki (Persona 3)
2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B as Tanya Von Degurachaff (Youjo Senki)
DapperDogman DapperDogman as Lu Bu (OC)
Veradana Veradana as
Ahim de Famille and Luka Milffy (Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger)
jigglesworth jigglesworth as
Mordecai (Borderlands)
ManyFaces ManyFaces as
Marvus Xoloto (Hiveswap)
Andrita Andrita as
Molly Wonderston (Power Rangers OC) and Kage (Street Fighter)

Last edited:
Sir Benedict Cucumberpatch

Benedict held his clipboard in hand as he saw the little toad walk away carrying a very large amount of luggage, all of which was needed however. “Ah....Josh, the service is quite decent.......that’s a check.” Josh, Benedict’s penguin assistant, stood right next to Benedict with a look of happiness, realizing the strange creatures would take a load off of his job, indeed. Benedict looked around as he made his way towards the castle, “Ah.....everything is clean.” Benedict stopped, he noticed a speck of dirt on the ground left by one of the partygoers, “Ah......that’s a minus I’m afraid. Ah.....come Josh, we must make our presence known to the ruling family.” Benedict said as he and Josh made their way toward the castle, Benedict continuing his inspection along the way.

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

3BC3A082-FD87-4076-A30D-AC4E9CDF1FA4.jpeg
Tanya
First some brown box appeared on her doorstep as she was heading out to meet with the rest of the Company. Now she was transported into some wacky and zany world. It looked like the senseless scratching of a child had come to life. From the weird mushroom-copter thing to the weird mushroom people...Upon paying closer attention the mushroom people look a little familiar..Nevertheless Tanya came to the conclusion that her sudden relocation must be the work of ‘Being X’
“Damn that Being X transporting me to a world with these” Tanya looks over at the Mushroom people with a pissed off look in her eye “things..” looking around she notices that there are other people here. Some are human and some are...not so human. Tanya decided to go over to the Mushroom people and examine them closer whilst also holding her gun in her right hand.

Julia
group_hug_2_by_earthb0undness-dcjjcrc.png

Recieving mail was common for Julia, but there was something different about this one. 'Star Festival'? What did that mean?

Her answer came (literally) in the shape of a mushroom spaceship. She had seen her fair share of out-of-this-world stuff, but this was new even for her.

Probably won't be that long, She figured. Besides, I can leave whenever I want. It will be worth finding out who this mysterious sender is.

So Julia entered the ship. She looked around the area as she arrived and walked out. It looked pretty, she had to admit. Kinda cartoony, though.

The Espeon regards the toad curiously, examining his strange proportions before following as he walked off. "How and why in the distortion world did you find me? Also, what are you supposed to be? You look like a cross between a human and a Parasect."

Last edited:
Hesitant. Cautious. Fearful.
All were words that might have summed up Lu Bu's first reaction to seeing the package before her. She narrowed her eyes. It was unusual that anyone would use her real name, and that evoked a great sense of fear that welled deep inside of her gut and burst like a raging fountain. For three days she left that accursed package on a table, waiting for the end to come. But it never did. If this were a bomb, then it meant her attempt to escape the clan had failed, and she was being hunted. Whatever power stranded her here was truly terrifying. And after this much time had passed, she felt death was better than cowering till she died of starvation.

She opened the package, staring at the contents in bewilderment. A party? Who knew of her true nature and wished to invite her to such a party? She laughed to herself and headed to the kitchen. If such a party were to take place, it was only polite to bring a gift, right?

She prepared her gift, and donned her suit, binding her body to make it more masculine, and put on her mask, keeping the package on her hip as she headed for the door, taking Ember's Final Cry from the rack where it rested, fastening the sheathed blade to her hip and sighing through her nose as she opened the door.

The ship almost made her laugh, causing her to remember to hit the tiny button on the underside of her mask to enable the voice masking software it hid within its surface. She boarded the bizarre vessel, and looked at the crew, noting their strange appearance. Perhaps they were creations of some unusual power? Was there a hero who animated mushrooms such as these? She was excited to meet them.

The land she arrived in was truly unusual. It was unlike anything she'd ever seen before, and it made her slightly anxious, though she buried those feelings and reminded herself that if someone wanted her dead, she already stood no chance. They knew who she was, and had likely sent the clan's best warriors after her.

"Kind Toad E. Steve," she says, her voice masculine due to the advanced software of her helmet "Kindly bestow upon our most gracious host this gift," she says, taking the bag one of the toads had carried for her, and removing a small parcel containing a Mooncake "While not in honor of the stars, where I come from, we make these to honor the moon, I hope it will suffice as a thank you"

She gave the toad a bow and looked around. Noting the waterfall, she slowly made her way there, not wishing to be ignorant, but captured by the serene scene before her. She remembered having to perform breathing exercises in areas like this. Even once having to do endurance training beneath the crashing waters of a waterfall in her clan's temple. It reminded her of both a simpler and more painful time in her life.

"Yin and Yang" she muses to herself

Bruce Wayne/Batman

He wasn't in Gotham anymore. That much was certain the moment the little guy left. The Batman, clad in his latest Batsuit and gadgets stood there, broodingly staring out at the cartoonish kingdom. It seemed to be nothing more than a party but something irked him horrendously as he looked around. He took in the strange creatures lumbering about, an air of excitement filled the air. Perhaps it really was just a party but nevertheless he didn't let his guard down. He could never afford to let his guard down but that didn't mean he couldn’t enjoy himself. He can do both, could he not? When he had enough time to comprehend where he was, he started to mingle a bit with the crowd. He didn't ask anything. But merely observed. And the first thing he noticed was several more of those mushroom ships each letting out their occupants. He paid attention to the nearest ship whose occupant was like him completely out of place in this cartoonish party, wearing a helmet and light blue armour, a rifle on their back. The words ARMAS was etched on the breast plate. As he looked the figure turned its expressionless helmet toward him. He started back. Then the figure brushed past the mushroom man not even bothering to let him finish. Batman looked at the nearest rooftops. He would need a vantage point to better access the situation. Or he could just enjoy himself? He paused for a moment in indecision then decided to just get something to eat. He didn't have to be Batman all the time.

1566774098715.png
A small drake exits the strange spacecraft. This wasn't his first trip through the cosmos, but it was probably the most comfortable. He remains silent, choosing instead to fly towards the castle, and see if the person who invited him here was there.

AobzhR5.png

Ben Tennyson
Interactions: 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B LilacMonarch LilacMonarch DapperDogman DapperDogman PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss
GM Interactions: thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

"Woah! Check this place out! Gwen's gonna be soooo jealous when she finds out I'm here and she's not," Ben looks around the area. "... wait, where was I taken, anyways? Doesn't look too harmful."

Ben decides to approach the one named Toad E. Steve, noticing others near him as he collects his luggage.

"So, Mr Steve, which planet is this again? Popstar? Zebes? Or are we still on Earth and we're actually in Atlantis and you're an Atlantean..."

He looks to the others - primarily Tanya and Julia.

"So uh, what brings you ladies here? First time?"

Upon approaching the castle, those of you who did so would find that the front doors were locked! As you tried to enter, two of the mushroom creatures approached you. They both looked like royal guardsman of some sorts.

Png

"State your business at once!" The one with red polka-dots shouted as he looked over to Benedict. Meanwhile, the other one, who had blue polka-dots, appeared to be cowering in fear at the sight of the dragon flying above.

Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch DerpyCarp DerpyCarp

• 79oDRFc.png Curious......this world I find myself in..... wasn't exactly what I've expected. I expected myself to wake up,with a platoon of Grineer marching in to kill me,or perhaps wake up with several Corpus looting the area.....and yet,here I was.

Hovering above the ground,next to the lake where the ever falling water gushed,I meditated. The sound of the serene water flowing and falling filled the silence surrounding me. It is odd,for me to be here. No gunfires,no battle cry,no death cry,but peace. Why was I brought here? Was there a task here I was ignorant? Do the other Tennos know of this? Either way,it would seem I would have to discover the reason I was brought here myself.

Last edited:
"Oh... thank you, sir!" Toad E. Steve exclaimed as he took the Mooncake with a smile. With all the luggage taken care of, he unwrapped it and immediately began to munch on it happily, various crumbs falling to the ground below as he did so. It was then that Ben had approached and, while still eating the pastry, he looked up to him while still chewing. "Oh... you're in... the Mushroom Kingdom." He explained between bites. Quirking a brow, he would gulp and lower the half eaten pie as he kept his eyes fixed on the young boy. "You read the invitation, didn't you?" Toad E. Steve then turned to look at Julia, his ever-present smile still stretching across his face. "Oh, I didn't invite you!" He said before turning and pointing towards the castle behind them. "Our lovely Princess Peach did! She's in the castle over there," He said, before turning back towards the Pokemon. "To answer your other question, though, I'm a toad!" He said, not really seeming to know or care what the other two comparisons she made to him were.

The mushroom people, or "toads" as Steve called them, all appeared to look the same aside from the color of dots on their heads. Some were smaller than others and looked more youthful, which could be assumed were kids, though besides that, there were really no noticeable differences between them whatsoever.

Meanwhile, at the waterfall, Lu would find that the serene beauty she hoped to capture from the calming waterfall was ever-present. The large flow of water pushed down into the lake below, and all that could be heard was that more of the mushroom creatures, however these appeared to be smaller and were more than likely children. It looked as if they were playing a game of tag.

Batman also would be able to find a bakery, as well as a cafe among the houses he visited while searching for food.

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Crow Crow DapperDogman DapperDogman LilacMonarch LilacMonarch 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B

Benedict looked down upon the royal guards, raising an eyebrow, “Ah, I have arrived to......present myself to the ruling power here, as is protocol your ruler should have received a message, I suggest you let me pass before.......difficulty arises.” Josh looked directly at the guard, nodding, then noticed the other one cowering in fear, Josh felt a connection to these small creatures, like they could relate to him...or not

Sans

Sansanimated.gif

Sans stepped out of the spaceship, and looked around. Eh, it was nice and stuff and somewhat reminded him of Snowdin, except it had mushroom people. One of these mushroom person came up to him.

"I'm Toad E. Steve! And welcome to the Star Festival!"

" 'Sup, I'm Sans"

The mushroom monster then left, leaving Sans some time to inspect everything. Some people approached the castle, others approached the lake but Sans decided to walk around randomly until he found something to do, or someone to talk to. Sadly, he couldn't use shortcuts since he didn't know the area.

Last edited:
"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you not to threaten the Princess' royal guardsman again." The cute looking creature said in a surprisingly stern tone as he slowly shifted his spear forwards, threatening to aim it at Benedict.

Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch

Techmarine Martellus​
Actions: Heading to Lake
Martellus.jpg
"What in the name of the Omnissiah."
Those were the first thoughts of Techmarine Martellus as the 9.5 foot tall Astartes walked onto the planet. This... this was most definitely not an Imperium World. Not Chaos, not Eldar, not Orks, and most definitely not Tyranid. Martellus internally chuckled at the last one. The fastest way to tell if it was a Tyranid world would be if the entire planet was desolate rock.
Martellus had seen many enemies in his years as a Techmarine, but this world certainly wasn't one of them.
To make things even more confusing, some mushroom person... appeared to take the group's luggage. The Techmarine just stared at the toad head off, not quite sure what to make of this.
Everywhere around him were xenos, and not the typical hostile type Martellus was used to fighting. And neither were some of the others who had joined him on this Star Festival.
Well, might be worth checking the place out. Attempting to purge was out of the question, so might as well just investigate for now. Martellus slung his Melta Gun over his shoulder before heading off to the lake.

1566776097302.png
Ravio
It had taken a while even after grand the return of Lorule’s Triforce, but now the kingdom had been thriving unlike anything before. No more were there Hinoxes, Moblins, Snap Dragons, or Stals terrorizing the kingdom. The spaces of land once split in half by deep canyons were once again reunited. The peace that the royal family wished to have for generations upon generations was finally received and from the perspective of a certain bunny hooded servant to the princess it was absolutely breathtaking. He’d never seen his home this full of life ever before. He could barely even recognize it as the dreary terrifying landscape he resided in before. The best thing of all however was how this all effected the ruler of Lorule, Princess Hilda. Back then it was so rare to even see a smile placed on her lips but now Ravio could truly say that she was actually happy. With that in mind it would be safe to say that Ravio would be content to live out the rest of his life just like this, watching a thriving and lively kingdom shine unlike it has ever had before. However before he could live out this dream, a certain little letter seemed to complicate things a bit more than expected.

It was during a quiet evening in Hilda’s personal study. The princess herself was quietly working while Ravio himself stood right by her side. He was a tad not used to staying up so late after residing in the hero of Hyrule’s home so he felt particularly tired that day. The lulling sound of Hilda’s quill on paper and the ticking of the nearby clock didn’t help much either. Ravio would have gone to sleep right then and there if it weren’t for a hurried set of knocks against the sturdy door. With a quick nod from the princess Ravio opened it to let whoever was on the other side in however strangely enough nobody was there. Instead a simple package lay dormant and alone. With a quick look back towards the confused princess, Ravio spoke.

“I’ll go and find who brought this, I’m sure it’s just a new recruit who didn’t read through the manual properly. I’ll be right back”

Ravio quickly grabbed his things from the corner of the room as the princess simply waved him goodbye. With that the bunny hooded boy left the comfort of the study in search of the one who dropped the package there. Oddly enough the moment he stepped outside the world seemed to become near dead silent. The chirping of crickets which could once be heard from outside the study’s window, the occasional hoots of an owl, and all other of the night’s ambiance had simply disappeared in the instant. Looking out from the bridge left ever more questions stirring inside his head too. The usual guards making their rounds weren’t there any more and in fact it seemed there wasn’t anybody in sight.

“Hey, is this a prank? Never mind that, what’s in the package anyways?”

Sitting cross legged on the ground Ravio carefully under the string keeping it together before finally opening the box. Inside was oddly enough a story book of some sorts. Each page had delicate water color paintings with text along side describing a supposed holiday called the “Star Festival”. The holiday itself apparently celebrated the coming of a comet once every one hundred years which brought down shooting stars that these mushroom headed creatures would bring to their castle in celebration. Ravio took his hood off to scratch his hair in confusion.

"I get that this is a cute story and all but, why send this to Princess Hilda in the first place? I'm near positive that there are more important things to worry about than a simple children's book" He muttered to himself. Looking in the box for any more answers Ravio found some in the form of a letter with a mushroom emblem as its seal. Closing the book, Ravio opened the letter to read that instead.

"An invitation? There isn't any record of a Mushroom Kingdom but maybe we've simply lost contact after the Triforce was broken? But I could swear that if there was something as odd as mushroom headed people the royal family would have definitely taken not of that. Not to mention that I've never even heard of a comet that rained down shooting stars either! I should go back to the princess to figure all of this out"

Before he could even get off of the ground a sudden noise left Ravio shooting up like an arrow in complete surprise. A...thing was floating off from the ground in the shape of a mushroom. It was clearly a metal replica but that still didn't answer the question of what exactly the thing was doing. A couple steps towards it and the hatched simply popped open. At this point Ravio was half assuming that he had fallen asleep back in the study and that this was all a dream so against all obvious better judgement, he flipped his hood back on, grabbed his rupee bag, the box, and the letter, before hopping in. He didn't get time to get a bearing of the ship's interior before it sped off, comically throwing the poor guy against it's walls in the process. The ride was one of the most unpleasant things Ravio had ever experienced but as soon as it began it ended. Terrified of staying in there for any longer he threw himself out of the structure without a moment's notice. The feeling of needing to puke overwhelmed Ravio greatly but as his stomach calmed from the sudden ride he took in his surroundings. Ravio seemed to have traveled to an entirely different kingdom which appeared to be populated by those same weird mushroom looking creatures from the book. Speaking about the book, he pulled that out alongside with the letter it came with from before. Was this all some elaborate introduction from a foreign kingdom? He wasn't able to contemplate the meaning behind the previous events due to one of the creatures walking up to him in an attempt to steal his things. Ravio, not about to let the monster take his belongings, yanked the bag from it's grubby little paws.

"Hey hey hey! Don't you dare even think to touch my stuff!"

With that the toad left bagless and Ravio was once again alone. Examining the lively festival around him he decided that the best course of action would be to see if the other people there had went through the same predicament as him. Before he could do any of that, the nausea from before seemed to have doubled in intensity. The stress from all that was happening wasn't helping him in the slightest so looking for a nearby bush, Ravio hurried over, shoved his head through the leaves, and emptied the contents of his very unhappy stomach.
[OPEN FOR INTERACTION]

Midgardsormr flits about before speaking up, his voice surprisingly deep and echoing, telling of a spirit older then his body appears. "Now now, let us avoid conflict at this juncture. I was invited to this world for the festival and merely wished to speak with my gracious host."

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch

Batman

The absurdity of it didn't escape Batman as he walked into the bakery. That the Batman, vigilante and Dark Knight, was now in a bakery surrounded by toad people. The scent of beard snuffed over his nostrils as the Toad people all of which appeared to be genderless and identical, baked. He waited patiently. He did not know if the beard was free or not.

While at the lake, Martellus would find nothing more than a few fish and the serene reflection of the castle before him. It beautifully bounced off the calm waters, and occasionally the fish would even leap out of the water before falling right back in.

TiredEnragedAdder-size_restricted.gif

(kinda like this except one at a time)

GearBlade654 GearBlade654

Ruby Rose

Hmmm...

A package? And I could’ve sworn I’ve seen someone leave after delivering it at the doorstep of our dorms...nope, just my big sis Yang, leaving. So, for the package, it can be from home because dad would send Zwei for us to take care of whenever he’s busy. It couldn’t be from uncle Qrow because, well...he’s still teaching at Signal. So what could it be from, then? I mean, I’m not one to talk about what it could be from, but anyways, let’s open it and see what’s inside!

- - - - -

Thoughts of upgrades, or even a new, better Crescent Rose flooded Ruby’s mind as she eagerly tore open the unmarked package with little attention to the mess she produced. Then, she saw what appeared to be some sort of pamphlet in place of whatever she happened to imagine.

"Book?"

- - - - -

Wait, no, a pamphlet? That’s it? Aww... I was hoping there’d at least be ammo for my Crescent Rose! Don’t worry, Ruby. I’m sure there’s something worth the trouble of opening the package. So I open up the letter, and...woah...

'Star Festival', 'Every hundred years, a comet'—blah blah blah—'Mushroom Kingdom'—this—'skies and sent countless shooting stars raining'—ooh!

'Great power star', 'Star Festival'—Forget it! I’m going to get to it! Yang and I haven’t travelled much, but this should be the perfect opportunity to go now, and I can't miss it! Even with the 40th Vytal Festival looming, I gotta tell my friends all about it!

- - - - -

Ruby hurriedly grabbed Crescent Rose in hopes of impressing those at the festival. She also packed some clothes—just in case—and put them in the oversized backpack where she had carried Zwei into the infamous Mountain Glenn. She then pulled out her Scroll and called every teammate.

Weiss, Blake, Yang.

"Hello!
"Yes, Ruby?"
"What do you want?"
"Hi, sis! What's up?"

"I'm heading to a festival right now!"

As Ruby continued to call her teammates, she happened to pass her older, blonde sister who waved at her as she responded into her Scroll,

"Really? Well, if that’s what our little bee's—normal knees want to do, then fine by me."
"As long as you make it back in time for the Vytal Festival, then sure."
"Okay."

"Alright, I'll be sure to come back when the festival's over. Byee!"

As the rest of Team RWBY said their goodbyes, Ruby ended the call. By then, she had come out of the dormitory building, and saw what appeared to be a strange contraption resembling a mushroom. She couldn't care any less, beyond the fact that it was sitting out in the open, for her.

"Festival! Festival! Festival!"

As she hurried into the spaceship, she was in for a surprise.

Before long, she felt herself pressing against the floor of the ship as she stumbled.

"Woah—WOAH! What’s going on?!"

As the Huntress-in-Training and later visitor from Remnant looked out the window, she saw Beacon Academy and, eventually, Vale, alongside Remnant itself getting smaller as the Mushroom Kingdom-patented spaceship took her through the skies, to the stars.

Eventually, her silver eyes were blessed by the sight of raining star bits as they eventually beheld the sight of the Mushroom Kingdom in the nighttime.

"Oooh..."

And nothing else. The ship eventually stopped as she then stepped out to Toad E. Steve, who welcomed her to the Star Festival. While she appreciated his gesture to carry her luggages, she politely declined.

"No, thank you! I'm alright."

Finally stepping out, she had come to a conclusion that she wasn't just dreaming; it was really the Mushroom Kingdom.

- - - - -

...Wow! I thought it was gonna be something crazy, but this is one of the best things that have ever graced me since Crescent Rose! There's the castle, there's the astral element to the festival—although I myself don’t know what that means, but I'm winging it—and the best part, it's all there! Now what's next—

That...is that who I believe I'm seeing from behind? That's a cute little girl! I gotta make friends with her, fast, and hopefully enjoy the festival together! Now how do I...right!

- - - - -

Ruby eagerly approached the girl (Tanya), who was faced away from her and said,

"Hello! My name is Ruby Rose! Who may you be, you little cutie?"

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore (Toad E. Steve), MainEventMan MainEventMan (Ash Williams), Haz. Haz. (Makoto), 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B (Tanya)

Last edited:
LaffeySpring.png

Laffey
Interactions: SpaceRavens03 SpaceRavens03
GM Interactions: N/A

Today would've been a great day for a date with the Commander. Unfortunately, he could not make time on his schedule for this ceremony. Laffey even bothered to don her new festival gear for the festival, but what was the point when Commander couldn't see her full frontal glory?

"Mmmm... the night sky... it's making Laffey sleepy..."

Laffey then takes a fine, dandy bottle out, pops the cork out with a single bare thumb and begins to chug it down.

im-drinking-a-rolling-rock-on-the-rock-and-roller-png.617564

"Ah, that's the stuff, much better. Now to find some- hmmm... Laffey thinks she sees someone."

Laffey, noble bottle still gripped by hand, approaches another young girl, presumably shorter, wearing a naval uniform.

"Excuse me..." the ever half-asleep Laffey says, "... have we met before?"

b072e6e28e86263e5d16e8e985a1c378.jpg

Ben Tennyson
Interactions: LilacMonarch LilacMonarch
GM Interactions: thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

"Yup. If this were my Summer Vacation, it'd be a pretty average day for me. But here I am."

He then turns to the Toad. "Well, I skimmed through them."

He'd be saying that around six years later.

"A Toad? No offense, but you don't exactly look very... froggy."

Benedict was shocked, had the princess not gotten the supervised message from “Them”? “Ah.....I understand the confusion......indeed......I must speak with your ruler about the many security risks in this immediate area such as.......dirt. Not on my watch.” Benedict held out his hand, he was holding a card with a single word on it....”Them”......

Tanya
Some girl had just crept up behind her. Of course this lead to Tanya jumping up in surprise and dropping her gun on the floor. This irritating girl dressed in red like some cheap red riding hood knockoff. ‘Perhaps befriending this girl will have its benefits’ Tanya thought as she noticed the big piece on the girl’s back. Hiding her irritation she smiled sweetly at the girl that had just approached her.

“I am Second Lieutenant Tanya Degurechaff .Nice to meet you!”

Tanya could feel her insides curl as she spoke those sweet words. Another child approached her. Green but a more radioactive green.
“You must’ve gotten here the same way as us. Mysterious parcel shows up at your door at the most inconvenient time? Right?”
Tanya spoke with a flat tone. A stark contrast for her act with Ruby.
Crow Crow
marc122 marc122

hehe.png

Eric

Wow... if only Lucario were here to see this!

That was my first thought after getting out of the shroom pod. Houses of lights and flags of color, a starry night sky offering a clear window to the vast depths of space, brushed by paint made of celestial clouds, their luminosity reflecting off of the water from a perfect, clear lake, and one castle to stand above it all. Y'know what being taken to Disneyland for the first time ever is like? Imagine that. Arceus, I think my inner child is escaping. Not good.

I adjust my tie and take a deep breath, eyes scanning the crowd that's gathered from the many other fungus-shaped spaceships. I knew exactly what I was being invited to when I received the invitation: the Star Festival, held in the Mushroom Kingdom in the universe of the legendary Mario (huge deal) as a traditional celebration. It's supposed to be a happy time. But I haven't been able to shake off my skepticism ever since I idiotically decided to accept. Why would I be invited here, anyway? I'm from a completely different universe, for Azelf's sake. I never once did anything for the Mushroom Kingdom. The entire thing felt like a trap, but my curiosity utterly needed to be fed, and so I came aboard and was sent on my way. Now that I'm here, those feelings of reluctance are starting to return. This looks like the real deal, the honest-to-goodness Star Festival of the Mushroom Kingdom. But why are so many others, most of which do not fit in with the place's aesthetic at all, here too? Either the Toads here are beginning to get lonely, I'm hallucinating, or we've all been baited into something.

My attention remains focused on the crowd. I keep looking for someone, anyone that might be a familiar face, but for right now, I don't really want to get involved. Alone, I stand off to the side, one of the few things silent in a sea of life.

Users who are viewing this thread