• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Enigma United 00c/character/plotting

Hm, alright. Yeah, I can work with that. Sorry for bombarding you with questions for the past half-hour, but I've got one more: if a demon had been coerced into a contract with the inner circle, would it be acceptable for them to begin working there? You know, to keep a tight leash on them and prevent them from running off and wreaking more havoc. Or would they just be immediately exorcised and destroyed?

( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ Again, apologies for all the questions, and thanks for your tolerance.

Heatherling Heatherling , this is great well written. And now that we have a handler. here are some choices in cases for us to get involved in.

Demon shadow in Charter Street Cemetary- After some local amateur occultists decided to dabble in dark magic accidentally summoning a demon to the cemetery there have been some strange sightings at a crypt in the Charter Street Cemetery. A week after the strange sightings occurred the occultists have started turning up dead. Murdered in bizarre ritualistic ways.

Werewolf in Bridgewater- The local forestry department has asked for support in the identification of some wild animal attacks. The attacks started with animal mutilations close to the hiking trails. Forest Rangers chalked it up to predators getting too close to the trails. After setting up night vision hunting cameras along the trails where the animal mutilations occurred they found nothing. The animal showed strangely human-like cunning. When the first human victim was found it was agreed that not even a bear could make the wounds on the body.

Something Sinister in SK Pierce Mansion- The SK Pierce Mansion has been a haunting of Enigma's list for years. Though the haunting was pretty low it did have a dark history. What made things worse in recent years there have been reports of occultist groups renting out the mansion for a week to perform seances or rituals. Now the spirits are extremely active and extremely dangerous. To the point, the haunted house attraction had an incident when a woman levitated and was thrown out a window falling to her death.

Take a pick from any of these three. Or if you want add a couple of your own.

Hm, alright. Yeah, I can work with that. Sorry for bombarding you with questions for the past half-hour, but I've got one more: if a demon had been coerced into a contract with the inner circle, would it be acceptable for them to begin working there? You know, to keep a tight leash on them and prevent them from running off and wreaking more havoc. Or would they just be immediately exorcised and destroyed?

( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ Again, apologies for all the questions, and thanks for your tolerance.

I wouldn't be opposed to one of the inner-circle being possessed by a demon. Though you would have to have a very developed character story in how they managed to get into the circle as that would be no easy feat to accomplish. Demons can't die they can only be exercised and that just means you cast them out of where they currently are does not mean they can't return or go somewhere else.

I’m glad you like it.
A brief question - am I right to assume a handler would pick a case with a specific team of investigators in mind?
(Also, as a heads up, as excited as I am to start writing, it’s 3 am here, so I sadly got to head out for now, but I will post in the morning!)

I’m glad you like it.
A brief question - am I right to assume a handler would pick a case with a specific team of investigators in mind?
(Also, as a heads up, as excited as I am to start writing, it’s 3 am here, so I sadly got to head out for now, but I will post in the morning!)

In the future yes though for the time being until we get more investigators we will have to use those at our disposal. Also worth noting that there will be large cases that will involve 4 or more investigators.

Ah, no, not as in one of the seven being possessed by a demon, but rather, them finding the demon possessing a former agent of theirs, and then forcibly coercing them into making a contract with the inner-circle. Kind of like collaring a wild animal, given that the demon has assets that normal investigators wouldn't have and are incapable of betraying them, while simultaneously stopping them from just being a general nuisance to society.

So hopefully that works??? Sorry, it's late where I am as well, so sorry if I don't make any sense.

Ah, no, not as in one of the seven being possessed by a demon, but rather, them finding the demon possessing a former agent of theirs, and then forcibly coercing them into making a contract with the inner-circle. Kind of like collaring a wild animal, given that the demon has assets that normal investigators wouldn't have and are incapable of betraying them, while simultaneously stopping them from just being a general nuisance to society.

So hopefully that works??? Sorry, it's late where I am as well, so sorry if I don't make any sense.
No worries I can piece it together. Keeping in mind that demons are often fickle creatures it would take something of significance to make a contract that binding with a demon. Often a contract would require something like one's soul or the collection of souls one might use to satisfy this demon. Tomorrow I will make a post in the lore thread that better explains ghosts, demons, angels and other forms of spectral entities.

Alright, got it! Thanks for all that, I'm impressed with the amount of lore you've managed to build. ( ´ ▽ ` )

Ok kind of an odd idea for a character but I think its interesting:
Basically, a guy who got turned into a sorcerer by accident somehow. But he isn't actually all that skilled in magic, other than like two specific areas (ferrokinesis and enchantment to be specific)

Ok kind of an odd idea for a character but I think its interesting:
Basically, a guy who got turned into a sorcerer by accident somehow. But he isn't actually all that skilled in magic, other than like two specific areas (ferrokinesis and enchantment to be specific)
Sure if those are the types of magic you want. It'll be interesting to see how one becomes a sorcerer on accident. Maybe even a little skepticism in the dark arts.

Name: 'Terry' (actual name unknown) Steelblood
Race: Human (Reluctant Sorcerer)
Hometown: Somewhere in the Scottish Highlands
Current Residence: He owns an old fishing boat that he's turned into his home. Its location varies, as he doesn't actually have a place to berth it, but its usually close to Salem.
Occupation: Consultant and occasional field investigator for Enigma
Talents/Skills:
- Talented enchanter
- Born with ferrokinetic abilities, and has honed his skills to the point of manipulating others' blood.
- Great memory and repository of arcane knowledge

Physical Characteristics
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 196
Eye Color: A sort of inhuman reddish amber color that catches the light unnaturally well.
Hair Color: Steel gray
Skin Color: A light tan
Terry looks like a cross between a wizard and a investment banker. He prefers tailored suits, though they're always a little wrinkled, and tends to wear a trench coat from the 1920s, which he's enchanted heavily over the years. He keeps his beard neatly trimmed and his hair in a neat tail with an iron ring.

Strengths/Weaknesses:
- Terry tends to underestimate himself in comparison to other sorcerers.
- Knows the exact limits of his skills and how to put them to the most use.
- Often very surly towards others, unless he's known them for a looong time. This group consists of a few warlocks and vampires that Terry met over 100 years ago.
- While he's quick to understand new technology and cultural advancements (the latter due to his apathy towards society as a whole), he often forgets what year it is.
A little Background on how did you come to Enigma:
Terry is a 'sorcerer'. In reality he was just a guy who got stuck in the wrong place at the wrong time and ended up an immortal. Terry was recognized for his powers at a young-ish age, and ended up as an apprentice to a powerful mage. Some time later, the mage was preparing a ritual to make himself immortal. As the ritual was about to happen, a bunch of soliders burst in. (its unclear if these soldiers were Enigma members, or just vigilantes) In the ensuing chaos, the mage was knocked out of the ritual circle and Terry was knocked into it. The battle raged around him as the powerful magics at work trapped him in place. When the smoke and magic vapor cleared, most of the soldiers were dead, as was Terry's master. After a very awkward moment, Terry knocked the remaining soldiers out and fled the mage's stronghold.
Terry wandered the world for the next century or so, eventually travelling to America in the 1880s. He's been consulting in an unofficial capacity for Enigma since the turn of the century, but only game to work for them maybe 25 years ago.

Last edited:
Name: 'Terry' (actual name unknown) Steelblood
Race: Human (Reluctant Sorcerer)
Hometown: Somewhere in the Scotish Highlands
Current Residence:
Occupation: Consultant and occasional field investigator for Enigma
Talents/Skills:
- Talented enchanter
- Born with ferrokinetic abilities, and has honed his skills to the point of manipulating others' blood.
- Great memory and repository of arcane knowledge

Physical Characteristics
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 196
Eye Color: A sort of inhuman reddish amber color that catches the light unnaturally well.
Hair Color: Steel gray
Skin Color: A light tan
Terry looks like a cross between a wizard and a investment banker. He prefers tailored suits, though they're always a little wrinkled, and tends to wear a trench coat from the 1920s, which he's enchanted heavily over the years. He keeps his beard neatly trimmed and his hair in a neat tail with an iron ring.

Strengths/Weaknesses:
- Terry tends to underestimate himself in comparison to other sorcerers.
- Knows the exact limits of his skills and how to put them to the most use.
- Often very surly towards others, unless he's known them for a looong time. This group consists of a few warlocks and vampires that Terry met over 100 years ago.
- While he's quick to understand new technology and cultural advancements (the latter due to his apathy towards society as a whole), he often forgets what year it is.
A little Background on how did you come to Enigma:
Terry is a 'sorcerer'. In reality he was just a guy who got stuck in the wrong place at the wrong time and ended up an immortal. He's not powerless, though, but in comparison to most sorcerers he might as well be. He's been consulting in an unoffcial capacity for Enigma since the turn of the century, but only game to work for them maybe 25 years ago.
I do like it but elaborate on how he became immortal perhaps a little more like what sort of magic was used and how did it get used on him.
I am almost finished with the Human Lore and the third Journal entry.

alright i updated his backstory and added his current residence because i forgot that.

Hey, sorry for the delay. I'm currently writing my response, but I do have a few questions about the ghosts. TheAmbiguousStoryteller TheAmbiguousStoryteller
When bonded to an object can they like pass into the 'mortal realm'?
And is there a 'reality' that you have an idea for them, or am I free to write it as I please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back