Other Engelsfors Trilogy anyone?

FoolsErin

when you at the when you you when the
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I recently discovered these curious little books in my school library (which is surprising considering how adult they are), and I really like them. I finished reading Fire on Monday, and I'm currently in the middle of The Key. In my opinion, they do a really good job of writing interesting characters and their relationships, as well as handling easy to screw-up plot devices like death fairly well. Anyone else had the pleasure to partake in this series?

Yeah, I've read them. They were pretty popular in my school and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. They're fairly decent.

Shame the movie sucks though.

Yeah, I've read them. They were pretty popular in my school and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. They're fairly decent.

Shame the movie sucks though.

Lemme guess, it tried to pull a "let's adapt all three books at once" approach? Even if that's not what they tried, yea, the first book is 400+ pages, I can definitely see all the things that would go off the rails with that.

Lemme guess, it tried to pull a "let's adapt all three books at once" approach?
No, they only adapted the first one. The plan was to make it a trilogy but they ended up losing so much money that they gave up on the idea.

Its main issue was that it cut a lot of important stuff in order to save time. Probably didn't help that it was the director's first movie either.

No, they only adapted the first one. The plan was to make it a trilogy but they ended up losing so much money that they gave up on the idea.

Its main issue was that it cut a lot of important stuff in order to save time. Probably didn't help that it was the director's first movie either.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time a studio tried adapting multiple books at once into one movie. They did it with the Dear Dumb Diary movie.

Yep, I can see how that would happen with a book the thickness of The Circle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back