• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Enemies on a Mission

FancyRayOfLight

Light Itself
Lexi sat in her house studying for a test for college. Despite her power, she lived a mostly-normal 18-year-old life. Suddenly, there was a sharp knock on the door. Curious as to who might be visiting, Lexi got up to open the door. An official stood there, looking down at a sbeet of paper. "Alexandra Falcon?" He asked.

"Y-Yes?" Lexi's mind was racing. She hadnt done anything wrong, had she? Her parents were upstairs, clueless.

"I'm innocent!" She said.

The official laughed a little. "Dont worry. You're not in trouble." He assured her.

"W-What is it then?" She asked

"We would like to appoint you to a very important mission. We were informed of your power, and feel it would be helpful in some way."

"What's the mission?" Lexi asked, fiddling with the end of her braid.

"There is a great, shielded magical sword that is guarded. We have appointed one other to retrieve it with you. Do you accept the mission?"

Lexi nodded. "Y-Yes." She said.

@countrygirl824

Parker was upstairs going through his school papers. He was going to go to college to become a vet. It has been his dream since he was a little boy because he always loved being around animals and helping them out. He heard a knock at the door and ran downstairs. He opened the door to find an offiicial standing there. "Are you Parker James?" the official asked.

"Yes I didn't do anything though." He said.

"No we have an important mission for you. We heard about your power and need your help. You will be paired up with someone if you accept. Do you accept the mission?" The official asked.

"Yes I accept." Parker said.

The official nodded. "If he accepts, we will set up a meeting for the two of you and explain the details at your earliest convenience. We will call you by 6:00 tomorrow morning to tell you."

Lexi nodded. Her mind was racing, this time with excited thoughts. A mission!

"Okay. I guess I'll be hearing from you soon then." She said as the official left

That night at 9 pm she got a call. The official told her that the other person had accepted the mission, and he asked when she could come.

"I can come tomorrow from 10 am to 5 pm." She replied. "And same thing for the next day. Unless youre okay with meeting super early."

The official replied that he would talk to the other person, who was named Parker James. Then they hung up

Parker got a phone call asking when they could meet up for the mission. "Around 10 AM." Parker said. He could really do it at any time because he was never busy. This was exciting for Parker he was never on a mission before. I can't wait till tomorrow now he thought. "I guess I should get some sleep if they want to meet up with me tomorrow." He said then went up to his room and laid down. His dog Peanut laid down beside him on the bed like he always did.

Lexi went to bed, her mind racing excitedly. The next morning she got up and ate breakfast with her family before heading to the office. "I'm here to meet Parker James for a mission." She told the lady at the frront desk. The woman nodded. "Follow me." She led Lexi to a secluded room and told her to wait there before leaving with a slam of the heavy door.

After Parker ate he went to the office "I'm here to meet Alexandra Falcon about a mission." He said.

"Follow me." The lady said. Then she lead him to a room where a girl was at.

Parker went over and sat down by the girl. "Hello i'm Parker James." He said to the girl.

"Lexi Falcon." Lexi extended her hand and shook Parker's. "You have a power? I have elemental control and somehow they knew about it so they assigned me to the mission thinking somehow it would help."

"Yeah I have a power to. I can talk to animals and they found out about it. So i'm guessing we will be working together." Parker said. He never really worked with anyone before other then with animals. He was excited to be able to use his power to actually help with something.

Lexi smiled. "Awesome." She replied. "So which side are you from? Citagazze or Kekarico?" She was referring to the war being fought between two sides.

(Names based off of Zelda and Phillip Pullman's book.)

"What side of the city do you live on?" Lexi asked him. Her family was Citigazze and was totally against the Kekarico side, whatever this scuttle was about.

"Even though we are enemies we need to accept each other for this mission. It will be hard to do this mission if we don't." Parker said. He wondered when the people were going to come in to talk to them about this mission.

Lexi nodded. "I know." She said. Her parents had taught her all this time to hate the Kekaricos. She never knew why but never questioned it. She never went to their side of the town and they did the same.

Thats when the same official from yesterday stepped in the room

"I've never been around people much so this is all new to me." Parker said. He turned and looked at the official that just came in and smiled.

"Youre probably both curious." The official said. "This sword you will be retrieving has magical qualities and an invisible shield. If it gets into the wrong hands our country will be conquered within months of them receiving it."

"Where is the Sword at and how did you find out about our powers?" Parker asked. He was curious how they found out he had powers when he never told anybody the only ones that knew was his family.

The official shrugged. "We observe and draw conclusions. The sword is very far away. Through miles of desert and forest. This is why I feel elemental control would help. The sword is guarded by different wild animals, which is why talking to animals would help."

"Ok so when would we start." Parker asked. This started exciting him finding out that he would be talking to wild animals. He figured it most likely will take them a long time to do this mission.

The official shrugged. "As soon as you can." He replied. "It will take a while, and we don't want our enemies retrieving it first."

"Ok when do you want to start Lexi?" Parker asked. He was ready to start at anytime. Whenever she was ready h would be ready.

"Ok i'm ready to. You sound really excited." Parker said as he got up and started leaving the room. He hoped that his pets would be ok at home while he was gone.

The official stopped Lexi on her way out and handed her a map. "I only told you you'll need to cross forests and deserts. Thats not enough to send you off with. You'll get lost in no time without a map." He pressed the paper in Lexi's hand. "Good luck."

"Thank you!" Lexi said, opening up the map and looking at it. "Okay so we're here..." She placed her finger on a dot labeled 'office" she traced the line away from the city. "So we have to go this way." She started walking and folded the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back