• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy End's Beginning

Dragon Slayer Arcos

End All Life; Embrace Silence
Sooo I have quite literally been working pretty intensively on this idea for some time. However, I am not going to type it all out unless there is a decent amount of interest.

Plot Points:
The world is divided into 8 Kingdoms. Each kingdom is has an elemental attribute of which their magical ability consists of. Water, fire, earth, air, light, darkness, lightning, energy.
Around 800 years ago, the 7 kingdoms rallied together to destroy the eighth due to the fact that the eighth was considered the most dangerous because of the fact that their magic users were not limited to elemental attributes but could use every attribute as well as shape energy itself in ways no one else could.
Because of his mass genocide, the balance of power in the world destroyed, a void of power open and in response a doorway opened. From the doorway, a horde of evil surged forth into the remaining kingdoms.
For decades, the kingdoms strove to survive, allies and enemies made in during this time, and eventually they were able to push back the horde and close the portal. Though thousands of the evil creatures remained stranded. These abominations would scatter into the world, causing havoc.
It was during this time, the greatest seer to ever live would be given a vision. The peace of the future would rule for many generations, but eventually it would fall again to the blight they had faced. The enemy remembering their defeat and the vengeance so much more destructive would come to pass.
The seer saw the end of the world, and all life. But then a beacon of hope was shown. An unlikely warrior and leader, chosen and tested by Fate itself. The last Sion of the eighth kingdom would unite the people of the world as never before, and only together would they bring about a future free of the Blight.

Setting:
The world is one of beauty beyond comprehension. Pure and powerful. Magic infuses all living things, and many are blessed with the ability to use it to varying degrees.
Technology will Medieval
Each kingdom has its own environment that best suits their elemental affinity
Each Kingdom is a separate race, ranging from elves, to fairies, dwarves, shifters. Etc.
The world is ruled by those with magic, but it isn't oppressive. Those with power are regarded special but those without aren't thought of as inferior.
Bloodlines play a role in magical strength, those of ancient bloodlines usually have the most power. However, anomalies do occur with some having a greater connection to magic than others. Some can be born able to use magic from a non-magic family. The opposite is true too, where magical families have non-magical children.

Notes:
While I will have the strongest protagonist character, I am hoping for a good diversity of characters. There will be many role types, such as protagonists with my character, neutrals, and antagonists. I will not be playing the antagonist. But I will advise the antagonist on certain areas to help develop the story.
Ideas, plot twists, sub-plots, major/minor character development, and other such will be highly encouraged. Creativity is key!
There will be classes and castes for character development.

I've heard enough to want to know more. Please tag me if you post pages or information regarding this

I may be interested in playing a dedicated Antagonist. If so, what would I have to work with?

Okay so to answer your question D. Rex D. Rex I am looking for some people that would be able to function on their own at least partially. The goal of the antagonists will of course be to overthrow the 7 kingdoms.

I was thinking that the antagonists would be users of Blight Magic, a type of life magic that consumes life force to fuel its effects. The life force can come from an external force, yet using such an unnatural power would cause side effects, such as physical dis-figuration or mental instability.

But of course, if one is playing a villain, a wasted opportunity it would be to not have great ambitions.

And that is an interesting option. A very easy go to. But a larger question presents itself. How is the antagonist balanced, so as to give a challenge and be a threat and not be destroyed in a 7 v 1?

I'm really interested in this setting.
Any chance of more than one antagonist? If not, I'll play either Neutral or Good.

This actually sounds really neat. I have a particular OC who would fit nicely in the Kingdom of Darkness as a neutral character. And, if you'll allow me, I have a developed lore for her that allows her to have connections with a foreign land. Kinda widens the possibilities, I suppose.

Could there be any other types of magic cause I have a character that could work for this and he would be evil but would only want to be an ally to serve the antagonist.

So I will be building this tomorrow. Sorry guys. I will answer all questions tomorrow, do the primary story build and character skelly.
Now would be a good time for questions if you haven't already asked them, and any ideas you might have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back