• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Ende: The Kingdom of the Dead

DemetrioMachete

Messiah of the New Night
Let us get one thing straight here.

latest

You are dead. That much is clear. Were you expecting Heaven? Hell? It does not matter, for you are here. Born in the 13th century? 21st? 45th? Also does not matter. Time is a screwy concept, here. You will rise from the ashes of your death, a mere ghost. From here, what you do is up to you, really. Find work, find weapons, find work making weapons. Go alone, unite in a band, all is free to you.

But be warned. Ende is a place where your superstitions, your monsters, your demons, all of that is real, here. They will find you. They may kill you, eat you, enslave you, the options of your demise are endless.

How will you survive, in Ende? Do you plan to thrive? Hope you know your way around a sword.

This is a blend of an Afterlife and a Fantasy Adventure. Your character has died in their mundane life where magic and dragons never existed, and now their soul, appearing in their prime, has rose from the ashen graveyard with little direction beyond leaving and finding their own path in a dangerous, dying world filled with hungry predators, savage bandits, terrifying monsters and mind melting Elder Gods. How much can your "immortal" soul bear?

Character concept I'm thinking on right now is of a uber-powerful sorcerer who was about to attain godhood in life, but died of a heart attack a few seconds early. As of now his goal is to find a way to kill a mad god. Is this possible/feasible in the rp? If not, I'll change it.
DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete

Character concept I'm thinking on right now is of a uber-powerful sorcerer who was about to attain godhood in life, but died of a heart attack a few seconds early. As of now his goal is to find a way to kill a mad god. Is this possible/feasible in the rp? If not, I'll change it.
Thing is, the world people leave behind when they enter Ende is supposed to be ours. A world where there is no actual magic or strange creatures.

But now you're in the Afterlife and it is just now becoming available to people, like your life suddenly entered a Fantasy book.

Mad Gods are indeed killable in a sense, but it is not a task for the sane of mind.

Magic doesn't really have an understandable "upper limit" due to being a Mad God creation. Your limits are the limits of your comprehension.

Wizards will have their studies and mental fortitude tested.

Sorcerers, their use of their gift.

Warlocks, their Sanity and ability to follow their Pact.

Clerics and Paladins, their Faith.

Druids, their devotion to Nature.

Bards, their musical talents.

Thing is, the world people leave behind when they enter Ende is supposed to be ours. A world where there is no actual magic or strange creatures.

But now you're in the Afterlife and it is just now becoming available to people, like your life suddenly entered a Fantasy book.

Mad Gods are indeed killable in a sense, but it is not a task for the sane of mind.

Magic doesn't really have an understandable "upper limit" due to being a Mad God creation. Your limits are the limits of your comprehension.

Wizards will have their studies and mental fortitude tested.

Sorcerers, their use of their gift.

Warlocks, their Sanity and ability to follow their Pact.

Clerics and Paladins, their Faith.

Druids, their devotion to Nature.

Bards, their musical talents.
So could I have him discover magic when he arrived before the start of the rp, then go with the mad god murder thing? He’s not exactly sane, so as long as it’s possible I’m cool with it

Oh, okay! This sounds super cool but I'm not very interested in modern or real-life characters (totally a personal failing). Have fun though, and best of luck!

I have one question though, just to make certain I have read it right. Magick is only learned after death, later on, after you have awakened in the Ashen Graveyard. Therefore, the world we come from, is like our own. Is there a set time period for Our World, or is it set for the current?
Just don't want to screw up^^

I have one question though, just to make certain I have read it right. Magick is only learned after death, later on, after you have awakened in the Ashen Graveyard. Therefore, the world we come from, is like our own. Is there a set time period for Our World, or is it set for the current?
Just don't want to screw up^^

Time is kinda screwy, so technically, you could come from 2017, 1322, or even 8726.

I was considering changing it, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back