• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic End User (Closed)

Mage Calliope seethed as she looked between the knight and Siren. What did you talk to her about me? she telepathically eyed the conversation at her knight.

He only shrugged as he stole a glance at Siren curiously. How am I supposed to know what happened between both of you? was what he seemed to reply with rolling eyes.

The knight and mage were a well-known pair for hunting rare beasts but the fact they were actually twins was covered up with the knight's unfair upgrade of his physique appearance. He was the only knight to explicitly work outside the guild for the mage and they were rumored to be a married couple (much to their annoyance). Calliope did not falter at Siren's demeanour inwardly this time. She was prepared to receive a PK huntress with cold, distant feelings and was a little irritated at how her brother had arranged the PK huntress to protect her.

"There is an abnormal silence in the swamp tonight. I do not know what this foolish knight has told you, but your job is to scout safer route to the new cavern. We will run the rear. Since you requested for first drop advantage, it's only fair you get the attacks first," Calliope sneaked in a sneer. "Your requested pay was much higher than what we offered to others of your caliber."

A few slashes at the sinister swamp tree monsters and a path cleared for the blonde hunter. He was not alone. Up ahead, a large, and clearly high rolling unnaturally handsome player was standing guard behind two pretty elves who fought swamp witches in his stead. His handsome face was paling in fear as the witches showed no signs of falling back. The bonde hunter kept his aura hidden with a spell and observed the underdogs. He pulled up a game window to check the name of the Chief underdog.

Player Hansu
Lvl. 27
Weapons: Lvl 43 Green Envy Dragonsword
Equipment: Lvl 50 Silver Chain Armor

His irritation began to show on his face - players who rather pay than play to upgrade were not worthy of MindsWorth deep quests. He began to look for an alternative route when shadowy figures surrounded the trio beneath their feet. The trio was caught unaware as black spikes suddenly shot through their innards from bottom-up. The blond hunter winced as their screams accurately suggested how gruesome this killing style was - their bodies split into half as the spikes exited the bodies in various parts of the upper torso. The observing blond hunter could only withdrew his glance from the cruelty after the shadowy figures slipped away with the witches. He sank to the sunken ground behind a large dead tree to hide and recollect his thoughts. Suddenly, a bolt of deja vu struck him. he quickly pulled up the list of players.

Player Hansu had deleted his account.

Roy || BreeDav BreeDav

Last edited:
Siren narrowed her eyes at the mage. She hated it when plans changed like this. It was highly unprofessional. She looked back and forth between the two players. "Alright, lets air any issues we have." She crossed her arms and leaned back against the city's wall. "You're obviously uncomfortable with me. You haven't asked me to prove myself. You haven't asked for my rankings. And as far as I've heard you haven't called any references. But you know what I can do. I can see it in your eyes."

She looked to the knight "I don't know if hes on your payroll or you know each other offline, but he doesn't have the same fear of me as you do." She knew that word would rub the mage wrong, but Siren needed to know what this was. She wasn't going to march herself into a swamp known for it's dangerous creatures if the people she was supposed to be clearing a path for were going to attack the moment she'd done the job. "I'm an assassin. I make my money by making enemies. But I don't know you. If I've killed you, I don't remember you. So you can be sure I don't plan on doing it again. If I wanted you dead, you would have been dead days ago." She studied the mage's expression, looking for any sign that she was pushing the right buttons.

"I want to work for you. I can clear your path," She tilted her head toward Thrace "though, you'll have to talk to your man about that. He seemed to expect he'd be getting most of the xp for this trip." She unsheathed a dagger from each thigh, twirling them in her hands until they settled comfortably against her palms. 'Anything that comes up behind me is up to you. I'll thin the fight, but the game is programmed so that you'll have to fight something even if you are coming through right behind me. I'll draw out the higher leveled monsters, so nothing too bad should spawn."

She walked through the couple, towards the swamp "Let me be very clear about one thing; if you come up and try to attack me, I will use every trick I have to make an example of both of you. And if you truly know my caliber, you'll know I'm not bluffing.

Last edited:
The knight sighed and reached out to Siren to pacify her mood but he quickly realised his charms would not work in this dreary atmosphere. He turned to a private chat with his sister.

"You have a knack for causing some sparks in every new relationship...before this, it was a simple barter in town," Thrace typed in exasperation.

The mage sent an emoji of a hair flick. "Well, I am pretty stressed at school. Here, no one knows us and my sarcasm comes with style unlike some lowlives. Secondly, I really do not like her. You insisted you wanted someone stronger-"

"Hey there! Don't push it to me! You set the standards after you met the Siren lady."

Ignoring her brother's affirmation on her change of heart, Calliope breathed. "Thirdly, while you two were dating, I was monitoring the swamp. The amount of danger divined had a sudden drop a few minutes earlier and has yet to recovered. Normally, there is regeneration after a hunting party has finished a level. Something is not right here. Do you think I am crude enough to change our plans so abruptly? There is obvious danger that both of us are inept to face. I hate to admit but after observing this PK's last fight. She will respond better to ambushes better than we do. Besides, your tracking skills suck. Big time."

"My skills? They are the best defense you have here against a Pk! Who do you think is shielding you from your fear?"

"Fear? Excuse me. I am the Red Witch Calliope. People and monsters fear me. I only detest certain people to give a cold shoulder. She should be grateful I even cared to look! Did you see the way she approached me earlier?"

And the pair continued to bicker as they followed Siren blindly through the swamp.

Last edited:
Siren made her way through the swamp, cutting chunks of tree bar to leave a trail for the two players who'd hired her. She followed the path that Thrace had shown her on the map through most of the swamp. Calliope had been right, the swamp was eerily empty. It was quieter than she'd ever experienced it. the few monsters that did spawn were easily taken down with her blades. She'd opted to use the throwing daggers rather than her guns to avoid drawing the attention of any passing players. Her guns were high level, so they had silencers. they had automatic reload, they had quick shot aim assist and anti-disarm features. They were some of the most advanced weapons in the game, but they were louder than a blade.

There weren't many people in Mindsworth who used a gun. They were tough to master and weren't great in beginner levels. Gun users in the game tended to have a bit of a reputation for being odd or against the status quo. Plenty of online influences had posted videos titled "Level 1 Gunslinger (I DIDN'T MAKE FAR)" or something of the sort. But she'd always been drawn to the weapons. They were so perfect for her play style. She was patient and quick. She was never going to be a knight who wildly slashed their sword or who swung a club at every opportunity. She was the silent assassin who landed a few well aimed shots. That was how she played.

A dark furred Tiyare leapt out of the swamp's deep mud. Siren ducked, and threw a dagger as hard as she could. It landed solidly in the back of the scull of the monster. She pulled the dagger out of the body and turned to continue. She took down maybe 10 monsters with about twice as many smaller threats. But it was nothing compared to what this swamp usually offered. This place was known for being a wild area that wasn't safe for most players to cross alone. It was even tough for most groups to get through without anyone going down. Siren had been expecting something much more challenging than this.

She picked a path that avoided some of the swarm spawns that she knew about in the swamp. It made the journey a bit longer and a bit harder, but she thought it was worth it. Swarms were more likely to split up and attack Thrace and Calliope than single monsters were to get away from her. So she was careful. 70,000 gold was a lot of money. It was worth considering those extra things. However small.

But she heard something. Something that didn't sound like a monster. She crouched in the shadows, creeping toward whatever was making sounds in the swamp. Through the thick brush she spotted a player; tall, blonde, and strong. Just by looking at him, she could tell that he was a formidable enemy. Her daggers were slipped into the sheaths on her thigh. Her dominant hand wrapped around one of her guns. There was a soft click as it was cocked. She pointed the gun squarely at the player...

Sensing a threatening aura at the slightest, the blond player slipped into an illusionary mirror and flicked his red eyes towards the new opponent as he stepped out of the gun range. He grimaced when he recognized the black haired female with her infamous handgun. He swung his magic-imbued longsword in quick crosses and sheathed it before raising both hands up to a non-aggression stance. Dripping from neck down, the former was covered in acidic blood which was slowly draining his health. But he paid no heed. A God's blessing would ativate his auto recovery in awhile. At his foot lay small hills of butchered Kelpies, swift shape-shifters infamous for lurking and deceiving travellers before leisurely swallowing their preys whole. Above their bodies, gleaming grey souls linger for the winner to keep.

The blond player barely raised an eyebrow. "Miss Siren. If you are planning on completing the cavern quest, this is a free pass. I don't expect your charges-," his eyes flickered to the pair behind her finishing up a few random kills to catch up. "to stick around such filthy places."

The pair in question barely sensed a possible danger ahead as Thrace carried the mage on his back as they crossed a short stream or murky swamp waters. Calliope threw a few fire arrows at lurking yet low-ranking swamp slugs in the vicinity with a face of disgust.

When he turned toward her, his red eyes glinted in the shadowy air of the swamp. She stood slowly, gun still pointed at him. He stepped out of range, but she mirrored his movements the moment that she recognized she'd been spotted. His movements were graceful and practiced, but she was faster. Siren positioned herself so that she was hidden from the view of the two players who followed her. With a few blinks she sent Thrace a message "Hold your position. Threat ahead"

She wasn't quite sure if he was a threat or not. From his sword, his hair, and his eyes she could assume who he was; the deep waters killer. He didn't seem quite as dangerous as the stories claimed. but she didn't make a habit of under estimating anyone she came in contact with in the wilds. "I don't plan on completing anything. I'm simply a guide." She narrowed her eyes and adjusted her grip on the gun in her hands "I'm sure my companions would be more than willing to let you head through first."

Siren watched him closely. His sword may be out of his hands, but most players as high level as him had other tricks up their sleeve.

The blond hair player's red eyes dimmed at the prospect of company. He loathes crowd and scoffed slightly under his breath as he heard footsteps quickened. Amateurs.

A fiery witch burst into the scene, clearly eager to partake in new situations beyond the irky swamp grounds of leeches. Her knight came up reluctantly, falling many steps short as he unsuccessfully held her back with lame excuses. The witch immediately caught sight of two infamous PKers.

"Oh!" She exclaimed with a mix of elation and anxiety. She has been an avid follower of Deep Water Killer and only managed to catch him in action briefly once. His flow of movements were so fluid she couldn't help comparing with Siren and her contrasting namesake.

Calliope's upturned eyes and blushing cheeks gave her away - the blond player smirked and lowered his guard slightly. Turning to Siren, he nodded to her in amusement.

" it seems your weapon would incite a very dangerous situation instead."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back