• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic End Engineer [Open]

Lux___Wolf

Ends of Eternity

100 YEARS AGO The robotics industry boomed until a criminal syndicate monopolized it.
Machines were weaponized for World War III. Everyone died. Machines won.
100 YEARS LATER NOW You emerge as an android to a silent and abundant world lost to time. You're almost but not human enough. Few feelings, you do dwell on. You don't eat. You don't sleep.
THE PARENT You look upon your maker: an automated structure that manifests androids. You stand at the top of the last human stronghold, Ancora, in a lab surrounded by unborn human babies suspended in canisters of bubbling pink water. You realize your passion for these weaklings and loyalty to the extinct race.
THE REX However, like the Parent, a growling static voice radios you. Harsh whispers boasts as the Nemesis of Man. It demands you extinguish the Parent, the unborn, and all of Ancora itself.
You are surprised to feel a strong thirst to obey the Rex. The Parent explains that the few shreds of human emotion installed in you prevent you from being controlled. This incorruptible program reminds you of right and wrong, but doesn't dictate your free will. Conflicted, you analyze the unborn babies. You feel some of what they feel.

You look out from the lone tower and see the Rex's legion move. The enemy thunders and roars with perfect malice. Their brutal silhouettes slowly crawl across vast sloped plains and jagged coasts. Ruins of former cities and four other strongholds like Ancora loom in the distance, beyond no man's land.

They're bigger. Faster. Deadlier. They're coming. Your engine purrs with a mysterious thrill. You inspect, detach, and reattach your weapons and gear. You learn of your evolutionary talents, coming to the conclusion that you were designed to grow.

You engineer how it ends.

YOU ARE THE
END ENGINEER
COMBAT ANDROID RPG

POSTING

You are an android that runs on silver and gold fuel. Silver lets you last 5 posts, and gold lets you last 10. You carry silver and gold fuels on you, max 4 each. When they run out, you shut down. A droid can give you fuel or drag you back to Ancora. The Parent has unlimited silver fuel, but gold's rare to come by. You currently have only silver. Outside the stronghold, fuel is found in droids and war chests.

This is why Sub Plots and casual posts are at the stronghold or future strongholds you conquer. If you repair the deep, wire-crossed, and mysterious Ancora, you can level up the Parent droid and unlock game-changing features. You can do this to support the Main Plot heroes without making anyone wait. No pressure!

The Main Plot is leaving the stronghold to face the Rex's legion, budgeting fuel, and conquer their strongholds. This is for hardcore posters who want to destroy final boss the Rex, and not our babies! Eek!

If you write the Main Plot, and keep active, you get rewards. If you need a break (because life) but want to casual post, write the Sub Plot in a stronghold. If you also write this really well, you get rewards.

Adventures and puzzles will require a variety of elements and modes. To make extraordinary situations, I've imposed cooldowns. You can use only 1 Seek mode and 1 Act mode per post. But Seek and Act modes may both change once per post. These 10 Seek and Act modes include:

Track SEEK - Advanced target search [Perfect for spotting secrets and irregularities.]
Scope SEEK - Microscopic or telescopic search only [Perfect for identifying detailed environments.]
Dark SEEK - Search in darkness only [But some enemies are dark and can't be seen.]
Bright SEEK - Search in brightness only [But some enemies are bright and can't be seen.]
Heat SEEK - Search sources of heat [Perfect for blizzards. But some enemies are cold and can't be seen.]
Run ACT - Better run control [Perfect for fast travel and for evading/pursuing capture.]
Climb ACT - Better climb control [Perfect for mountains and walls at any height/depth.]
Swim ACT - Better swim control [Perfect for rapids and flooded tunnels/rooms.]
Hover ACT - Better hover control [Perfect for gliding over huge crevasses and even falling.]
Combat ACT - Better combat control. [Perfect for enemy encounter and breaking doors.]
[Track SEEK and Run ACT are Default.]

large.gif

ANCORA
The Final Stronghold

The only human-friendly android-operated city left
manifested by the Parent Droid to secure the Unborn.

• CLOUD LAB -- The heavily guarded room where the Parent nurses the Unborn. 200th Floor.
  • GENESIS -- The factory room where the Parent manifests and programs androids. 100th Floor.
  • LOBBY -- The wide, ornamental room where the Parent provides fuel and gear. 1st Floor.
  • BASEMENT -- The wire-crossed underworld where the Parent is powered from.

CHAPTER ZERO
Subplot posts will always be the same, regardless of Main Plot.
Once there are enough Main Plot posts, chapter ends.
SUBPLOT: Explore the lifeless, wire-crossed basement of Ancora
and unlock the rest of the Parent's features.
MAIN PLOT: Explore emotions and mode-switching.
Mingle around the Parent, androids, and unborn babies.
(Don't exit Ancora yet.)

LV-58
Since Track and Run were default, that is what LV-58 did. Tracking for the Rex, but finding no trace of that. He runs down the corridors, holding the beam bow but not using it. Then sliding, LV-58 switches from Run to Combat ACT. He wields his bow, aiming it anywhere. This is just a simple practice of transitioning into battle better from a run. Anger... towards the Rex. His fists clench. Fury and a devouring passion that wasn't hatred, but absolute rage. Hope... a promising instinct on the other hand, for the end engineers and the human race. He tracks the Unborn, in their bubbling pink canisters, and glances out the windows, switching to Scope SEEK. Spreading out were Ancora Fields, and several machines were crawling closer by the day. The android LV-58 had already gotten his Kero cannon and First Range chip from the Lobby, on top of four silver fuel.

Silver Fuel

Gold Fuel

He's pretty sure that his beam bow and arrows will take him all the way to the Rex in one day. No problem. Just thinking about the enemy and the Unborn again makes him even madder. And all the more determined.

The Parent's soothing benevolent voice hums through each android in Ancora. Feel. Protect. Evolve. Please? Feel. Protect. Evolve. Please?
This repeats, a soft pulsing, a warm connection to the Parent.

But the Rex's seductive malevolent whispers cut through each android in Ancora as well. Kill. Annihilate. Extinguish them all. You know you want to. Kill. Annihilate. Extinguish them all. You know you want to.
This repeats, a sharp squelching, a cold connection to the Rex.

"We will win this war!" LV-58 lets out a battle cry. "We will feel!"

EX-23
Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf
Silver Fuel

Gold Fuel

A goal. He had many goals, but his end goal was to, of course, eventually defeat the Rex. He understood why it was necessary but he wasn't quite aware of what to do when the Rex was defeated. He had a lot of information on many things, all placed inside of his head by the Parent. Should he kill their enemy? The Parent wasn't specific about it, only to protect the Unborn.

EX-23 felt sadness when he let his mind wander along these subjects, at least he understood it as sadness. It made him slow and thoughtful as he listened to the Parent's and the Rex's words in his mind. It made his sadness worse. He wished the Rex would find something else to do so he could stop feeling sad.

EX-23 double checked his equipment and made sure his fuel was topped off before he bounced a bit on his feet. He'd been built for speed to begin with, with the addition of his First Speed chip, he could feel that agility increase. With a series of quick swipes, he activated his Combat ACT and the beam weapons on his legs and struck out at the air, noting the fuel usage activating the both of them took. This was the more preferable emotion, the desire to achieve his goals, to keep going no matter what. He felt sadness at the conflict, but he had the desire to see it to the end, to finish what those before him had started.

Deactivating his weapons, he made sure his fuel was refilled before he began to explore. He'd only been activated rather recently. While he had knowledge of Ancora, he hadn't really explored it. He needed to keep his mind occupied to ignore the sadness he felt. When he had something to do, it was easier.

"The Basement?" he wondered to himself, his voice soft and slightly filled with sadness, yet focus. He'd seen the button for it when he was coming down from the Elevator after being activated. The information he had on it was little, only knowing that it was where the Parent was getting it's power.

He was drawn away from his thoughts by a shouting voice. He hadn't seen anyone else with him in the lobby. Using his Track SEEK, he was quickly able to find the source of the voice "LV-58" he said. The Parent had helpfully provided basic information on others, names and appearances, other things such as who they were were left for him to discover.

Seeing that LV-58 was experiencing a different emotion than he did, he once again felt the determination to grow more himself.

"Are you loud for a particular reason?" he asked. He wondered if it was a side effect of LV-58's emotions, as he himself was more quiet due to the sad feelings he carried. Focus towards his goals led him to be firm in his words, but it didn't improve his volume.

MA-00
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Looking out upon the barren landscape far beyond the city from his high outlook above the cloud lab, MA-00 smoothly twirled his twin pistols with his middle fingers, Their orange red glow illuminating his armoured Crome hands. This was a habit of his, as it made him feel at peace, maybe protected. His precise vision was focused on the legions of his Ememy in the far distance. His fury for the Rex would never die out, as long as he still could function. He dreamt of the day he would leave the city and fight along side his allies to defeat them. But until that day came, he was here to protect the unborn.

Closing his eyes, he jumped from the platform on where he was standing, letting his body go limp. Quickly picking up speed and passing floors by the second. His cloak was blowing behind him, rustling in the wind. When he passed the 100th floor he began to brace himself for his landing on the 50th floor, turning himself over feet first.

Landing on a steel platform sticking out from the 50th floor, the ground beneath him was a bit dented and scraped from the impact. He however, was untouched thanks to his android body being able to handle the impact. MA-00 loved the sensation of being on edge. Looking up from his kneeling position, he gazed into the dark room wich was before him. Activating his beam pistols and rasing them in front, he cautiously began to walk into the darkness, not knowing what to expect. He had not yet seen a floor like this in Ancora, and it troubled him. He wondered what lurked in the depths of this fortress

(MA-00 switched from Run to Combat ACT and from Track to Dark SEEK)​

Last edited:
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
LV-58 (Hope/Fury) Level: 1 EXP: 3/10
Kero P-3 SH-2 SP-4 R-4
Crossbow
EX-23 (Grit/Woe) Level: 1 EXP: 3/10
Aero P-4 SH-2 SP-6 R-1
Beam Boots

"Are you loud for a particular reason?" Scope SEEK to Track SEEK, and LV-58 is faced with EX-23. The sight of him, frankly, pisses him off. He doesn't understand why, but they just don't get along. It doesn't seem to bother the other guy, and that can be maddening. For LV-58.

"EX-23, I'm loud for no particular reason." Combat ACT to Run ACT, he disengages with his beam crossbow and doesn't feel like fighting. The day's already been so long, silent, and sleepy. "I'm hoping you have no problem with that." A grin creaks across his doll face. "Boy, can't wait 'til we win this. The Rex has no idea what's coming."

A spark trickles from his cannon, as a zephyr sometimes warps around EX-23's cannon.

Then it hits him. "Hey, we finally get our weapons." His smile goes devious.

"Wanna try them out? You versus me."

Eldarkon Eldarkon
ZY-99 (Wit/Fear) Level: 1 EXP: 0/10
Cryo P-4 SH-4 SP-3 R-2
Beam Shield
MA-00 (Wit/Fury) Level: 1 EXP: 3/10
Pyro P-3 SH-1 SP-4 R-5
Beam Pistols

The 50th floor. In the dark. ZY-99 raises his boomerang beam shield, shuddering and half-screaming, but having used Dark SEEK, he sees who it is. "Oh, MA-00, it's just you. Your speed and range frightened me for a minute. The way you trudge on can st-startle a machine, to be honest." But now, ZY-99 is reasonable comfortable while still on edge. MA-00 understands him extremely well, he knew that, but MA-00 have had a testy temper in their brief past and would turn out unreasonable and unruly.

Among them in the murkiness are office spaces, desks with computers, caked with heavy dust. Fat flies hover and dart away to an obscure static gray. "Looks like there's nothing of significance here. Just human stuff, from when they used to matter." ZY-99 picked up a photograph with a delicate pinch but it still dissolves into ash, completely disassembled by rot and time. "History, so to speak."

ZY-99 halts, realizing the irony in saying what he said. "I fear that none of this, or us, matters."

"The Rex defeated the world with warplanes, and I'm sure they're being kept in a place until the day they find us. Once the Rex and the Legion find us, and they will in a matter of days if not hours, that's it. That's when the war starts. If we're going to feel, protect, and evolve, we had better do it fast."

Then it hits him. "Spar with me, MA-00... I know you'd understand."

EX-23
Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf

"No problem" he said looking thoughtful "I don't believe I have the necessary emotional response to have a problem with it though" EX-23 found it interesting that he possessed certain emotional responses without the necessary computations, such as curiosity. He supposed that it was possibly a sub-class of emotions that were part of their creation.

"It is possible that the Rex is fully aware of what is coming" he said "It's strength and intelligence isn't to be underestimated" he tapped his head as he spoke "The voice it projects into our minds is a good sign of that, it is only due to the Parent's intelligence that we aren't mindless machines like the Rex's"

EX-23 nodded "I'm willing to conduct a combat test" he was already running through many ideas on how to deal with LV-58. Since his compatriot was a long range user, it was beneficial that he stayed in close range "I'm not to sure of my full capabilities" he had knowledge of how to fight, as well as how to use his abilities, but he was aware that he didn't have actual combat experience.

They were also in Ancora, should they sustain any damage, it was very easy for them to get repaired.

"Are we going to impose any rules?"
he asked "First to shut down? Or simply first to deal damage?" they could refrain from having their fuel refilled. He was aware of the need to manage their fuel resources, especially if they were to be leaving Ancora for a long period of time. He found it quite sad to get far out in their objective, only to be stopped by a shut down.

"There you guys are!" Said a voice. It was JO-69 and RP-78. The two used their RUN Act to catch up with the EX and LV. "We were just looking for you all!"JO said. JO was definitely the oddball of the bots. Unlike most bots, JO feels joy. Most bots didn't understand his attitude since they can't compute that emotion. JO also felt hate, but his hatred never led to wrath. RP on the other hand, feels love. RP loves everyone, whether they could love or not. RP also felt envy, her envy never led to hatred or wrath. "We came to ask you two if you heard a voice on the radio, some person named Rex. Do you guys know who this person is?" RP asked LV and EX. "I feel like something horrible is about to happen soon."

(I am sorry that is looks short and a little unprofessional. I am at school right now.)

MA-00
image-jpeg.301571

image-jpeg.301572

After hearing the startled yelps and shudders from ZY-99, MA-00 deactivated his pistols. "Oh, its you" he said with a slight giggle "I thought I heard something lurking in the dark. and sorry, I was being cautious". He then began to loosen up into a relaxed pose, knowing that there was no enemy to fight. He knew that ZY-99 startled easily and was a bit of a goof in his own right. He had known him for quite some time, as ZY-99 was activated not long after he was. They had explored the majority of Ancora together, with just missing a few floors here and there, hence why he was here.

After their confrontation, MA-00 looked around the dark room, using his dark seek to observe what it had to offer. "There's nothing interesting here to see" he said, looking at the old office appliances, watching the photo crumble like dust in ZY-99's hands. "I dont believe that" he told ZY-99 "Everything we do matters. Even if we are artificial life forms, we are still aware and sentient. i believe as long as we have that, we have a purpose". After hearing his speech on the Rex, MA-00 spoke again "You are absolutely right my friend. We have little time, and so much to do. we better hup to it".

He then remembered that there was one place that he and ZY-99 had not yet explored. It was a place that he had heard of from another android. Maybe they should take a visit to the basement. Walking back onto the platform, He used scope seek to look for an entrance that lead beneath the city. He then found a small water pocket that flowed under the building. Getting ready to jump, he heard ZY-99's proposal to spar. He looked down again at the water pocket, then back at ZY-99 with a slight grin "Well, if you want to fight so bad, you'll have to catch me" he said, jumping off the edge. he activated his hover act systems, preparing for the oncoming aerial battle on the side of Ancora

Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf

Last edited:
LV-58 (Hope/Fury) Level: 1 EXP: 6/10
Kero P-3 SH-2 SP-4 R-4
Beam Crossbow
EX-23 (Grit/Woe) Level: 1 EXP: 6/10
Aero P-4 SH-2 SP-6 R-1
Beam Boots

A aaaah
JO-69 (Joy/Hate) Level: 1 EXP: 3/10
Aero P-3 SH-5 SP-1 R-4
Beam Shield
RP-78 (Love/Envy) Level: 1 EXP: 3/10
Cryo P-4 SH-1 SP-3 R-5
Beam Crossbow

Before LV could answer, the Parent acts. The entire building throbs with music. To drown out the Rex. A song, ancient, familiar and unfamiliar.

"The Parent's upset again."

The cataclysmic event is too much for the Parent or LV to discuss. Instead, for their sake LV projects news clips of the criminal syndicate 100 years ago that hijacked the robotics industry right before the third world war building the Rex with the latest beam technology. The malicious leader feeds a command through the radio to the militant androids: "Kill. Annihilate. Extinguish them all... You know you want to." Unwittingly, this turns machine against man. The world's brightest and compassionate team of scientists and engineers collaborate in Ancora to build the Parent, the antidote to the Rex, at the last minute. They keep the unborn in the cloud lab as the benevolent leader feeds a command to the Parent: "Feel. Protect. Evolve... Please?"

Fireworks, nukes, mushroom clouds, raining napalm. Music, and a cat mewing for dinner. The scientists have their last party, with a multitude of emotions of love, hate, wit, fury, hope, envy, grit, fear, joy and woe. Somehow you recognize their faces, like their emotions and vocabulary were installed in you. Laughing and sobbing. Then, a rumbling boom. The clarion call of demise. Video cuts to static.

"You're right, RP," says LV. "The Rex will come for us. EX and I were about to spar. Maybe you and JO better spar each other too. We have a lot of fuel on us, it would take a while until the other one gets shut down. Let's fight until one of us loses two fuels." That's half their fuel supply. He snarls clenching a fist, then shrugs. "We will not let the humans down." LV gives them two vigorous thumbs up.

Switching to combat ACT, LV aims the beam crossbow point-blank at EX's face. They are in a hallway some distance away from the cloud lab. The hallway is 3 Ranges in width, from wall to window pane, but an endless Range circles around the lab. LV is within 1 Range of EX.

LV knows EX is faster and stronger but moves only within 1 Range. No matter how EX can explode with his beam boots, if LV keeps his distance, his arrows might take him out.

Whatever happens though, EX moves first. LV can't dodge or block him.

COMBAT TUTORIAL
Highest speed goes first. After acting, must wait until others have completed their actions before acting again. Turn-based in order. Attacking first can leave you open to attack. For those being attacked first, dodge or block if your Speed is equal to or greater than the attacker.

Dodging dodges attacks; how far depends on your Range. Do this if you want a chance to switch to Run ACT and flee a losing battle. Blocking cancels their attack THEN lets you counterattack. Block if you can't survive their attack and if they can't survive yours. If you counterattack, this leaves you open to being attacked. If you're faster, but your attack can't reach, your best bet is to block to counterattack or dodge so that you can attack first if they're in reach next turn.

You don't have to dodge or block. If you're slower, you can't do either. You can attack, knowing you'll be attacked first. If you can survive their attack now but want another option next turn, take their damage and attack. Attacking this way won't leave you open to being attacked unless you're slower.

If your Shell hits 0 but not beyond, your fuel hasn't spilled yet. And your Shell regenerates to its original number when it's your turn. Each attack that pushes your Shell in the negative takes away your fuel by 4 posts. One silver fuel is 5/5. Each droid carries a max of 4 silver fuels, which totals to 20/20. In real battle, you have 5 devastating hits to your fuel before you lose all of it and shut down.

In this round, you have 3 devastating hits to your fuel before you lose this round.

Eldarkon Eldarkon
ZY-99 (Wit/Fear) Level: 1 EXP: 3/10
Cryo P-4 SH-4 SP-3 R-2
Beam Shield
MA-00 (Wit/Fury) Level: 1 EXP: 6/10
Pyro P-3 SH-1 SP-4 R-5
Beam Pistols

As Ancora thrums with the song, ZY charges ahead in the dark corridor, towards daylight. Each boot stamps the floor, scattering dust. Still engaged in combat ACT, ZY lifts the shield. A horrifying rush drops through his body, knowing the steep fall that will come. But soon that fear is erased. In its replacement, wit is iron. Feeling neither joyful or hopeful, he is still secure in the knowledge that he would be okay. Leaping off the platform, he somersaults in the air.

The rest of the cityscape is humongous, the wind buffers them, and the ground with the water pocket is still surreal and distant.

When the two falling droids are within 2 Range, ZY struggles with his shield. Whatever happens, MA moves first. ZY can't dodge or block him.

EX-23
Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf

EX-23 suddenly turned serious, focusing all of his attention on LV-58 as the music of the Parent filled his mind. In an instant, he activated both Track SEEK and Combat ACT. Track was used to keep a close watch over LV's reactions while Combat was used to give himself an edge as he stepped forward, his leg sweeping out and activating the beam blade on across the front as it rushed towards LV's side.

He was confident that his attack would reach before LV could release his arrow. Even then, he was already thinking ahead. It was possible for LV to dodge, considering that, EX's first attack was focusing on doing damage with the added benefit of forcing LV to move width wise in order to restrict the possible movement Range his opponent had.

The Rex's forces wouldn't give him much time to consider his moves in combat. Even if it meant his own destruction, he would assure that his enemy couldn't move a step beyond his chassis. That was his Grit, his determination to see his goals to the end. Right now, that was his current goal, defeat LV.

Arrows were much harder to dodge at close range, however LV could at best only release his first one, leaving him open to attack.

bfbdfd60d8140415594b95170d597522.jpg
EX-23
product-image-url.php
tumblr_mxxt3qL3uj1s8eeeeo1_500.gif
LV-58

LV-58 (Hope/Fury) Level: 1 EXP: 9/10
Kero P-3 SH-2 SP-4 R-4
Beam Crossbow
EX-23 (Grit/Woe) Level: 1 EXP: 9/10
Aero P-4 SH-2 SP-6 R-1
Beam Boots

LV-58's Silver Fuel

The kick to LV's side completely sent him flying to the window with a sonorous crack. The beam crossbow clatters to the floor, powering down. For a moment, LV's Shell is dismantled but quickly restores intact. Lush splatter of plasma pours out onto the floor, chrome and evaporating. A burst of energy erupts from LV, who screams with rage that such a thing could happen. As he screams, his Kero cannon charges up a powerful shock ball and fires.

Since his Range goes up to 4, and EX is left open, the shock ball connects with EX-23 hard. This dismantles his Shell, and he loses the same amount as LV. Both bloods are drawn... metallic, bubbling invisibly into atomic overactivity. LV pants heavily. He can do this! He can win, he hopes that more than enough at least.

EX-23's Silver Fuel

But for now, LV can't do anything or even speak. He is open. It becomes EX's turn, whose Shell regenerates back.

EX-23
Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf

EX touched where he'd been struck for a moment "So this is pain" he said softly "Interesting" he made a mental note to beware electrical attacks in the future. He hadn't been capable of dodging due to the electrical wave before the physical portion of the attack harmed him. It had felt like his legs had locked up. He did feel a little sad seeing his fuel dissipating though. He was aware that there was an infinite amount of it created by the Parent, but he still felt sad at the thought of wasting it.

"Hmm, you aren't the only one with a cannon you know" with his speed, he was already on LV once more, his previous calculations keeping the other within his close range. LV was already up against a window, though the window was reinforced. He flexed his fingers as his Aero cannon activated. He modulated it to release a firm, but powerful burst of compressed air. Unlike other elements, air, even compressed, was nearly invisible.

At this close range and with his speed, it was impossible for LV to dodge or block. Given it's clear component, EX could clearly see the impact point when his attack struck the other android. He was highly aware that this was leaving himself open to another attack by LV, but he was also aware that with his higher speed, he'd shut LV down before the same could be done to him.

MA-00
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Seeing that his friend had now come in range, MA-00 flipped his body so that he was facing him. His cloak blew with the wind, rustling with great intensity. He activated his combat systems, his pistols sparking into form with a red glow. He saw that ZY-99 was struggling with his shield, so he had a slight window for opportunity. Quickly taking it, he unleashed a barrage of shots upon his opponent, hitting him several times. However, his shots do not induce a lot of damage, but he sure can do a lot of them with his speed. That was his combat strategy, keeping his opponent in range while barraging them with small attacks and slowly wearing their defences down. After his barrage of shots, He began to distance himself from ZY-99, but not enough so that he could not hit him during his next attack. he then activated his hover act systems, getting ready to doge his opponents next moves

Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf

Last edited:

RA-74
Silver Fuel

Gold Fuel

She stood in silence in the cloud lab. Watching as more of her kind were pieced together and made ready for the world. Their eyes shut as if graced with slumber, but androids don’t sleep. They simply had not been programmed. She was, the faint glow of her eyes attested to the fact.

The Maker called themselves The Parent. They had given her the name RA-74.

The Parent’s incantation bounced around in her mind and she mouthed the words softly. They would soon become her own. On the elevator down to the lobby RA-74 made an attempt to understand all the information filed away in her hardrive. She was unable to. She supposed she was one of The Parent’s less intelligent creations. While she fitted the gear and silver fuel to her person, RA-74 hesitated in her work. Another disembodied voice echoed within her. This one a stark contrast from the comforting tone of The Parent. It halted her actions.

The voice was vile and malicious. At the same time, it carried a haunting allure. That made her fearful. Combat ACT activated. The swipes of her blades moved with fluidity. She was designed to be powerful. RA-74 had doubts.

Back on the elevator she deliberated between two buttons, BASEMENT and 200. A finger hovered over BASEMENT and she told herself that she would return later.

RA-74 looked on at the unconscious unborn and another emotion swelled within her. Less harsh than what she knew to be fear. A deep and genuine attachment for the organic creatures. It was in that instant that she knew, ‘Feel. Protect. Evolve.’ had become a dogma of her own. All of this, was all for them.

RA-74 returned to the elevator and descended to the basement.

Eldarkon Eldarkon
ZY-99 (Wit/Fear) Level: 1 EXP: 6/10
Cryo P-4 SH-4 SP-3 R-2
Beam Shield
MA-00 (Wit/Fury) Level: 1 EXP: 9/10
Pyro P-3 SH-1 SP-4 R-5
Beam Pistols

The barrage of shots bombarded ZY, unblocked, undodged. Having diminished his Shell to 1, it regenerates back to 4. He hasn't lost fuel yet. He doesn't even need his shield. I must attack.

Affirmative, he thinks it through instantaneously. He leans within range and fires his Cryo cannon below MA. The ice shards explode, cutting through the android's fuel supply. Gobs of plasma rise and expand, disappearing. ZY is left open, and MA's Shell regenerates.

MA-00's Silver Fuel

The water pocket is still very far down. The glass and steel of the skyscraper roar by like a vertical freight train. The fall is still long and will contain a few more traded blows before hitting water.

Here we go, ZY braces himself. Huh? Several chinks of glass drop between him and MA from above.

(Akio, by your next post, MA levels up. You get one extra stat point. Select a stat to increase.)

LV-58 (Hope/Fury) Level: 2 ! EXP: 2/20
Kero P-4 ! SH-2 SP-4 R-4
Beam Crossbow
EX-23 (Grit/Woe) Level: 2 ! EXP: 2/20
Aero P-4 SH-3 ! SP-6 R-1
Beam Boots

As reinforced the window was, the Aero blast crushes LV into the glass, bulging the plexiglass slightly out of the building. The whole sheet of glass bristled into cracks and mosaic of the Ancora fields and sky beyond. Several chinks of glass spiral down, dropping between ZY and MA during their aerial fight.

Plasma overflowed from LV's tattered but regenerating armor.

LV-58's Silver Fuel

One more hit to my fuel, and I'm done in this round! LV tumbles into a side roll along the floor, distancing himself at 4 Ranges from EX-23. Now! He propels a Kero blast that devastated EX's Shell again. Electricity shatters through the hallway. Lights dim. Plasma overflows from his opponent equally.

EX-23's Silver Fuel

One more hit to either, the round is over. With distance between them, LV doesn't know what to expect from EX now...

He grips his body. Even though it looks healed, he still feels internal bruising. And gasping, he realizes how difficult it is to process everything compared to smooth efficiency at full fuel.

So this is war, LV realizes. Then I will belong there.

Last edited:
whitepaperplates whitepaperplates
RA-74 (Love/Fear) Level: 1 EXP: 3/10
Kero P-5 SH-2 SP-4 R-2
Beam Blade

When the elevator doors open, the Basement is a gigantic dungeon, a sunken and twilit engine room. Several neon glints from Beams fire through the walls and machinery but they do not light up the entire room. It is oppressively dusk at the ceilings and corners. Large pipes, sputtering fan belts, scampering rats. Long cascades of dust sparkle. The music playing above ground can be faintly heard, muffled by the weight of the underworld.

In the distance, some water babbles to tranquility.

Hundreds of dangling or crossed wires, some dead, some live and scattering sparks. There are hundreds of sockets plugged and unplugged. There are levers that are left up and down, left and right, and the labels for everything are scorched from the metal.

Further ahead, deeper into the Basement, one black megalith is powered with a stripe of Beam. This connects to the core that is the Parent. There are other black megaliths but they are not powered on. If they were, they would be connected with the Parent, potentially augmenting something.

EX-23
Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf

EX-23 flexed his body slightly as he adjusted to the pain of taking another hit "You are strong" he said "But I feel that if you are having this much trouble against me, the Rex's machines will find it very easy to take you apart. That would be quite sad" he judged the between them. LV-58 would be capable of firing at least once before he could reach him to attack. At this distance, the Kero cannon could stop him the second he moved.

Due to his Grit however, EX-23 was incapable of simply rolling over and giving up. He needed to shorten the distance and if he couldn't get to LV, then he'd bring LV to him. With a sudden movement, his leg kicked out and struck the already broken window. With enough force, the window was actually dislodged from it's holding before he grabbed the edge of the windowsill and flipped himself forward, activating his Climb ACT to hold himself upside down.

Not only was he now at least five range away from LV, he was also outside of the building. To get to him, LV would have to move towards the window and into his range. His previous taunt from before was to play against LV's Fury, to get him to make a rash decision. Even if LV didn't move forwards, EX could easily use a mixture of Climb and Hover to reach the ground.

LV-58 (Hope/Fury) Level: 2 EXP: 5/20
Kero P-4 SH-2 SP-4 R-4
Beam Crossbow
EX-23 (Grit/Woe) Level: 2 EXP: 5/20
Aero P-4 SH-3 SP-6 R-1
Beam Boots

LV was about to explode at EX's downright hypocrisy - he was having trouble too, wasn't he! - until that outright anger dies like a candle in a blizzard. He would have fallen for that taunt, normally, but EX has mentioned something he's never understood. Sadness.

"That would be quite sad." That replays a few times through his calculating mind. His wide and bright eyes do not shrink or cringe from knowing pain or loss or grief or depression. He has never experienced these heart-breaking, gravity-increasing things.

To him, sadness is uncomputed. A deleted file. A riddle known to a few, but empty hours of bafflement and questions, and answers that don't apply. Fascinating.

LV switches from Combat to Run ACT, walking slowly to the edge. He kneels down. He knows there's no point in asking, but he does. He's compelled to. "Wait, what's sad?"

In the next few moments, the Parent radioes them, a warm humming. "Congratulations, LV, EX, and MA."

"You evolved to Level 2!"

This would begin to fill LV with lofty hope, an euphoric expansion, except for the menacing growl that follows. "Congratulations. LV, EX, and MA." Static crackles louder. The Rex speaks with pride.

"You evolved to Level 2!"

Eldarkon Eldarkon

EX-23
Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf

EX-23 looked down at LV-58 from his position, his arm already extended to use his Aero cannon to blow LV back, however, his question caught him off guard "Sad?" he asked "It is an emotion" it was obvious that LV would be curious about emotions he didn't have "It is difficult to explain to someone who hasn't experienced it, but it is an emotion that is quite similar to being low on fuel, a sense of emptiness that can't be filled"

He flipped forward into the window and landed next to LV "It is my victory" he said calmly as he tapped his fist against LV's shoulder before sighing softly as he shifted out of his combat stage. He didn't really have a sense of victory though, only the sense of completing his goal. Once his goal was completed, his emotions shifted back into sadness. However, he was used to it and it didn't possess much detriment to his function.

He did find it interesting that both the Parent and the Rex had congratulated them on increasing their strength. The Parent would obviously congratulate them, it wanted them to grow and evolve. The Rex however should find them a threat as long as they were still unwilling to join it. For them to grow stronger would make it harder for it to push forward with it's plan.

"Let's go get our fuel refilled, it is uncomfortable being this empty"

LV-58 (Hope/Fury) Level: 2 EXP: 8/20
Kero P-4 SH-2 SP-4 R-4
Beam Crossbow
EX-23 (Grit/Woe) Level: 2 EXP: 8/20
Aero P-4 SH-3 SP-6 R-1
Beam Boots

Low on fuel, as if it can never be refilled. His mind tells him on a loop; Uncomputed! LV ponders this thing called "sadness" walking back to the elevator with EX but quickly forgets about it. Oh man! If he hadn't gotten so hung up on what that was, he would have won the fight for sure! Argh!

He mutters to EX, "So not your victory. One day, we'll fight to the max, and we'll see who really shuts down! But oh man, does it really make my plasma boil when that Rex congratulated us. Yea sure, like we're not about to crush him into a Rubik cube." LV gets quiet all of a sudden, scrutinizing scratches into the elevator's walls.

A vandalized message: GK64 was here.

"Huh, must be someone who used to be here before us."

MEANWHILE

357f8ae5784d9a8bf32fbd4d37bd3a8f.jpg
Beyond the enormous snaky Ancora Fields, beyond the wild foggy Spero valley and scenic Spero peaks, there is a hidden crest among crests, and a cursed stronghold they once called Votum. Streaks of sunlight pour upon its rooftops, filtering from through the bends of mountains. Only dust stirs near the entrances, but there is one machine at work.

It is one of the Legion, a hulking titan with red glowing eyes slowly sewing an android back together. It is patient and meticulous in its duty, silently rewiring its former opponent. A small chip lies on the floor, cast aside. It reads: Root.

The titan refuels the android with a gold fuel, powering it up back on. GK-64.

"Uhp," says GK-64. It replies with a dulled sound, interrupted from feeling but now feeling nothing like before. Something is changed?

Static voices radio him, a hopeful Parent relieved to sense him back online, and a sinister Rex ordering him to kill, annihilate, extinguish them all. The titan with red glowing eyes watch him. GK-64 realizes this time, there is nothing stopping him from obeying the kill order. "You know you want to."

"Yes," GK-64 stands up on two feet, with dust cascading off his armor and two beam swords projecting out of his arms. "We do not need human mania." His glowing blue eyes distort to a deep crimson. "Ancora will fall."

GK-64 (Uncomputed) Level: 8 - P-7 SH-6 SP-7 R-4
Double Pyro Cannon with Immune Bonus
Double Power Chip with Critical Hit bonus
Double Beam Sword Arms

GK-64 sprints out of the stronghold, a storm galloping across the Spero peaks.

END ENGINEER
COMBAT ANDROID RPG

ReactorCreator ReactorCreator Kerim Kerim SniperBus SniperBus TheLoneRook TheLoneRook Abyss Abyss
Eldarkon Eldarkon A aaaah whitepaperplates whitepaperplates Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

(wish I'd got a notification earlier.)

AM-92

He heard the shouts of battle from his dream. If it could be considered that, and not some pre-life status. His eyelids fluttered open quickly, like a human waking up from a nightmare. The android cautiously lifted himself up into a sitting position, taking a look at his surroundings. The very production line, it seemed. And he knew that much, as well as the pre-recorded message that was now telling him what to think and feel.

A vision popped up right before his eyes. Canisters, filled with pink-like fetuses, or so his brain told him. They looked useless and yet, he felt an odd connection with these... creatures. His creators, he sparked to realization as the second voice cracked in his head. A dilemma presented itself to him; to believe the 'Maker' or the 'Rex'. For now, it seemed like it was in his best interest not to anger either of the sides, so he stepped away and glanced at his arms and attire - an old-looking uniform. Was he in the line for that long?

The entire building rumbled and roared with tense music, for reasons to him unknown. After examining some of his sleeping compatriots, he slid open the doors to reveal a narrow hallway, with elevator on one side of it. With other thoughts humming in his head, he stepped into the cabin and descended into the Lobby, as something clued him in that he could gain useful gear there.

Not long and he indeed found himself restocking the remaining empty fuel packets and picking up a speed chip, which almost immediately after being picked up plunged itself into his forearm. It stung. Soaring, hot feeling in his entire arm. Pain, he realized. It made his entire body flinch and tense up, resulting in his other hand revealing a tiny tube-like creation that slid outwards straight from his wrist. It was a part of him and yet, for the longest time, he couldn't assign a function to it. Then, after putting his circuits to work, the barrel started rumbling. AM instinctively aimed it on a blank wall, just as a strong blast of ice shard was shot out, resulting in his hand cocking back quite strongly.

A cannon, he finally realized and relaxed his muscles, causing the weapon to slip back inside, where it wasn't seen. A neat idea, he pointed out to himself.

(Ignore from here if they don't enter the lobby)
Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
Just as the elevator's ring signified it arrived and opened its doors, AM turned around and with astounding speed aimed its gun at the interior; his Combat ACT and Track SEEK being immediately turned on. Something in his mind roared that these two were no danger, however.

And so, he lowered his arms, his light blue eyes and rest of his facial features displaying little to no emotion. "Good day." He said, those words as if coming out from somewhere in his throat, forming into the sentence with slight accent. It wasn't too high-pitched to the point of being squeaky, nor was it too deep to the point of being growly. In his mind, he raised a brow and noted to himself to explore his own voice further in later ahead.

Kerim Kerim Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
LV-58 (Hope/Fury) Level: 2 EXP: 11/20
Kero P-4 SH-2 SP-4 R-4
Beam Crossbow
AM-92 (Wit/Fury) Level: 1 EXP: 9/10
Cryo P-4 SH-1 SP-5 R-3
Beam Boots

Impressive post, Kerim so you get extra EXP! Congrats!
By your next post, AM will level up. Select a stat to increase by one point.

LV walks out of the elevator, sizing up the new android and sensing that this one is slightly quicker and sharper. "Hm, you're no pushover." Communicating with the Parent, he learns AM-92's name.

He grips his stomach, as a reaction to phantom pain, and hurries over to the Parent. Restocking fuel one by one, he feels completely replenished.

LV's Silver Fuel

LV's Gold Fuel

"Ah!" shouts LV, satisfied. He notices the gear, more cannons and chips that they could have had for the second option, but remembers that the Parent budgets that the most, saving them for beginning androids. He glances out the front entrance, gleaming with silver sky glow. "Think we should train out there? In the Ancora fields?"

LV switches to Scope SEEK to scan the fields outside the city. "There's got to be more stuff out there. I'd be mad if the Rex gets ahold of them first."

EX-23 cocked his head as the elevator opened, finding AM-93 pointing his weapon at them before sighing softly as he followed LV-58 to the Parent to get refilled. It was sad that they had to be wary towards each other. Even with the refreshing feeling of getting his fuel refilled, he still felt depressed about it. He flexed his fingers and made sure there was no lasting damage to his shell from the combat before, nor to his movement.

He listened to LV talk about leaving to explore the Ancora fields "If the records are correct, this conflict with the Rex has been going on for some time now, there are many who came before us, as well as the Rex's own creations, the likelihood of there being many devices we can use to upgrade ourselves" his eyes turned sadder as he thought about all those that were lost before them. He didn't particularly care about his own destruction, but he did care for the destruction of others, it filled him with a greater and greater sadness as well as the determination to end their conflict with the Rex.

"Training out in the Ancora Fields would most definitely increase our strength, as long as we didn't run into something stronger than us" he looked towards the elevator "However, I am curious about the basement, if the Parent and the Rex both have similar creation methods, it is possible that they have similar designs" he was thinking that if he understood how the Parent was capable of running, he'd be capable of understanding how the Rex did as well. If it could be shut down instead of destroyed, EX felt that it was the best solution to reduce the amount of sadness he'd feel over stopping the Rex.

Combat was necessary, but he'd feel even sadder if the Unborn were to be brought into a world that only understood destruction. The light of another goal flickered in his eyes. If he could find a way to change the Rex, the Unborn would have two protectors instead of an enemy.

"Survival outside this location would be higher if we gathered more allies, though losing them would be depressing" he said looking at AM-93.

AM-92
(I shall go for one more speed up, pretty please!)
Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf

The robot was about to concur with LV's idea, just as EX's remark sounded throughout the room. "Correct, around hundred years. Monopolization of all sentient artificial intelligence occurred and every single android or robot in households had their circuits corrupted and reprogrammed to serve the one and only criminal syndicate that had planned this takeover out, resulting in guerrilla warfare and further into another world-wide war." His head snapped to a side, following the robot's movements, the speech as if something he had programmed in himself. Odd. He started blinking rapidly as his 'brain' started processing the thought of why he knew that. Then, memories started falling in there, causing him to be almost overwhelmed by the sheer data.

His body started shaking rapidly, his synthetic muscles flinching and flexing irregularly. Then, all of a sudden, it stopped. He forcefully cut his own thinking off for a split second, taking in a deep breath - although it had no calming result, due to his body not needing oxygen. Technically not, anyways. And only then, did his eyelids slide open, looking at the two other beings in the room. "That was... a lot of information. So yes, we could find many useful components out there." He pointed out and straightened himself in his shoulders, something itching in the palm of his right hand.

'Mr. A-AM, #1392', a bar code read, buried deep in his skin and meat. He would have dove into another round of searching through his memories, but he quickly denied that idea as it could have held unpleasant responses. "Similarities between Rex's fortress and this have a probability of one to nigh hundred of occurring. Do not forget that this city houses many machines Rex would not have any use for. Hence it would most likely focus on defenses and armaments, or to create prosperous community surrounded around helping machines, instead of humans."

"I also have reasons to believe that the allies we shall find will come sparsely, if not at all." He shook his head and headed over to the door to the outside, pushing them out and stepping onto the concrete that laid in front of the nearly impenetrable fortress. He browsed through his functions for a while until he found the Heat ACT, turning it on; his eyes turning to a light shade of red as they browsed the landscapes for any signatures of said heat.

(supposed to be SB17 everyone, I'm just a fool)
Silver fuel-20/20
Gold fuel-0/40

One moment he was not alive,
The next moment, he was. RB17's body roared as his sensors furtively scanned the environment, with track seek active. His head frantically spun around, each slight tilt and movement of it emitting a gentle hum from his motors. He was on a balcony, concrete floor, far up in the sky. He stood up from his crouched position, noticing a slight wobble as his stilt like legs flexed under his weight, he knew that they would not snap. RB17 slowly spun around, taking in more of the environment. Above him was as much building as there was below him, but the spire became thinner, the building had mostly glass. The glass would reflect the light from the sun in streaks, something about it was attractive to him. He shuddered momentarily as a voice rang through his head, he was sure that he had detected nothing near to him, were his sensors defective? The parent's voice seemed more gentle and caring, something he appreciated, upon hearing the rex, RB17 felt sorrowful, he couldn't comprehend why one would try to remove sentient life, that which as far as he had discovered, can feel, it would only be a great loss.

Upon evaluation of his position, RB17 knew that he wanted to follow the parent, he'd figured that the city he was looking over belonged to it. He understood that to a degree, he loved this place, and those here, not in a romantic sense, but dutifully. Thinking of protecting this place, protecting these u̶n̶i̶t̶s̶ people was a fulfilling idea, he didn't know why, doing this was probably one of his precepts, maybe his creator wanted him to preserve this beauty, the beauty of sentience and the beauty of appreciation for all that is good. He decided that preservation was what he would pursue.

RB17 took small steps towards a door into the building, each step became slightly more sure and longer as he calibrated himself, he was unsure of why hiss sentience had been granted on this balcony, possibly to inspire him before the voice of the rex infected him with twisted ideology. Two glass panels slowly retreated as he stepped infront of the doors. He entered a small cell, clicking a a button labelled G. After a short but fast descent, he was confronted by An armoury, RB17 jogged inside, observing every small piece of equipment. Two of them seemed to beckon to him, he felt as if this was intentional, instinctively, RB approached them, pushing the small chip into the back of his neck and the cannon into his chest. A searing heat raced through his limbs, it was not painful, but energising, he felt a bit more conscious of every wire in his body as the feeling raced throughout them. RB17 succumbed to the pressing urge to raise his arm, pointing it at the centre of the room. From his wrist was a short blast of glowing blue plasma and coiling and twisting air streams, that seemed aggressive enough to tear through metal. This is how he will protect, by destroying that which destroys. He slowly returned to the elevator, wanting to return back to that balcony.

After arriving, RB17 lowered to the floor, optimising his position for sprinting. Within half a second, he was sprinting at maximum speed through the doors, and leaped off the balcony, spreading his arms and legs and adjusting them slightly to balance his fall. As he fell, he tilted himself towards some moving figures he'd seen. The rush of wind through his body felt liberating. RB17 switched to hover act as he neared the ground, slowing his fall until he touched the ground as if he'd fallen from a few metres high. He landed next to a small group of robots, that looked a lot more biological than him, albeit still robots. He assumed a tall, confident stance before asking them, "can i help?"
He didn't know what he'd be helping them do, if anything, maybe that would make it more interesting for him.
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Kerim Kerim Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf

Last edited:
LV-58 (Hope/Fury) Level: 2 EXP: 14/20
Kero P-4 SH-2 SP-4 R-4
Beam Crossbow
EX-23 (Grit/Woe) Level: 2 EXP: 11/20
Aero P-4 SH-3 SP-6 R-1
Beam Boots
AM-92 (Wit/Fury) Level: 2 EXP: 2/20
Cryo P-4 SH-1 SP-6 R-3
Beam Boots
SB-17 (Love/Woe) Level: 1 EXP: 9/10
Aero P-1 SH-1 SP-10 R-1
Beam Blasters

Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire - You may check out Basement or join an upcoming fight out in the city.
Kerim Kerim - You spot two heat-radiating enemies, hot spots, crawling down one distant tower.
Vulpes Vulpes - Great post! By your next post, SB levels up. Select stat to increase by one.

"YES!" LV-58 gets excited by another arrival. This one by far is the fastest droid he has ever seen. Oh man! They can take down the Rex for sure now! He boils with passion, watching AM scan the city but with Heat SEEK. He realizes he's been only using Scope for distance. That's good thinking.

LV switches to Heat SEEK and sees what AM sees. Two crawling Legion droids on a faraway building eighty stories tall. "Whoa, guys, look."

DD-66 (Uncomputed) Level: 1 EXP: 6/10
Two Aero Cannons P-4 SH-3 SP-6 R-1
Two First Speed Chips
Beam Boots -- 20/20 Silver Fuel

UV-25 (Uncomputed) Level: 2 EXP: 2/20
One Pyro Cannon, One Cryo Cannon P-5 SH-1 SP-6 R-3
Two First Range Chips
Two Beam Crossbows -- 20/20 Silver Fuel 20/40 Gold Fuel

Because of SB's high speed, I'll allow SB to steal fuel from UV during battle.
This attempt can only get one gold fuel. Only one attempt in battle.

DD and UV stare at the droids outside the building, using Heat SEEK. They see the little blips on AM's and LV's faces, signs of them using Heat SEEK too. They have spotted each other at this distance. DD glances at UV. "Kill?"

UV nods. They leap off the building, slamming into nuked cars in the street, and bolt for war. DD's boots burst and double Aero cannons whoosh, propelling him significantly forward. UV's arms churn with fire and ice, and clack with revolving beam arrows. They fill Ancora with their roars.

LV switches to Combat ACT, bringing out a beam crossbow of his own.

"HERE WE GO!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back