Other Encounters with Famous People

White Stag

Harbinger of the Other World
Have you ever encountered a famous person in real life?

I rung up John Cena's groceries a month or two ago. He was buying a box of protein bars. I was completely impassive during the whole exchange. Apparently, he was going to watch a show in Oakland, CA. I thought he looked familiar, but it didn't hit me until after he ran his card and his name popped up on my computer screen. I was polite with him, but didn't make any comments pertaining to his fame.

All of my co-workers rushed over to snap his picture. He looked pretty annoyed with the fan service, haha. I guess I would be, too.

Still, it was an interesting experience meeting a walking, breathing meme.

Last edited:
I'm pretty famous myself, since I'm the moisture pope at all. I have to deal with myself every day. It gets pretty tiring.

I've met the actors who played Lucy Pevensie and Edmond Pevensie from the Narnia movies before. I went to the Voyage of the Dawn Treader Premier, and they showed up. I got my copy of the Voyage of the Dawn Treader book signed by both. My brother got a tshirt signed by only Edmond. Ha.

I once had to check in Kevin Smith's (Silent Bob) bags at Edinburgh airport.
Of course, it had to be one of the many days that the belt stopped working so I had to stand there trying my best not to make awkward eye contact until it started up again. I was also highly disappointed that no one else realised who he was, so I had no one to share my excitement.

I met the current lineup of Blue Oyster Cult and managed to get pictures with all of them, including Buck Dharma. Got a selfie, but I'm a privacy wonk.

Sheryl Crow visited my school last year, I believe. Of course, that was the only time the local news showed any interest in the high school I go to.

I hugged Alexander rybak once if y'all remember Eurovision 2008 or whenever it was

Also I talked with a broadway actor, he's not famous but it was cool

I met and hung out with Robin Williams when they were filming scenes for Patch Adams. I worked at what was then the Carolina Coffee Shop, and got to say hello to/seat Philip Seymour Hoffman, Monica Potter, and Daniel London. I walked Mr. Williams down to the local comic shop where he talked extensively about the animes he liked and, believe it or not, yes, he did buy me a VHS of Ghost in the Shell. My boyfriend at the time met him, as well. He was very nice, very polite, and seemed like a genuinely good person.

i used to rodeo and train with a family of stunt performs. they do stunts for basically every western movie/show or anything that involves horses. I remember the daughter telling me that they always judge a star on how they treat the crew. She said that she was called a wannabe by an actress she did stunts for and said everyone hated that star. The family was really cool and down to earth, they even taught me how to fall off my horse without getting hurt.

I also used to work a christian music festival and had to work the autograph sessions for some of the biggest names in christian music (Jeremy Camp, Family Force 5, and Skillet to name three lol names are slipping me) and sometimes they were biggest entitled (insert profane word here that duck) heads i have ever met. Without naming the band (because reasons) and their music was fantastic and was not in your face about god and stuff. They barely spoke to anyone and when i asked how long of a session they wanted to do (because i needed to inform all of their fans waiting in line) they said "the shortest time possible, we hate meet and greets. We only agreed to this to look good. One item per a person and they are allowed one question each." i stood there shocked. they had just been saying on stage on how they were excited to meet everyone and they love their fans. So they got their 25 minute session where they meet many adoring fans crying due to excitement and they barely managed a smile. when i had to stop people coming in i was meet by three teens cussing me out saying that i must love the devil. the band then complained to me that i was not good with crowd control. I wanted to scream at them. That same night i worked a session for Aaron Gillespie (Underoath, The Almost) and he was the nicest person. He tried to meet every person in line and when his time was up he went to his merch stand to meet more fans. he even gave me some free stuff.

I also once met Virginia Hey and fangirled so hard when I found out she takes her tea the same way as me ;-;
She was genuinely the nicest person <3 (Took me 3 walk-by's to work up the courage to actually go say hi)

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I've seen Lianne La Havas (sosos adorable) from up close, I was too late for the signing but luckily could see her behind these crush barriers.
Besides that some people who are famous in my country only.

I've met Lin-Manuel Miranda, Matthew Morrison, and Mike McCready (Pearl Jam.) Both were pretty chill! They're really good conversationalists!

I met a few singers, and took pictures with them, chatted for a bit, and that sorta stuff. Hop Along's Frances Quinlann, Local Native's Taylor Rice, Courtney Barnett, Michael Gira, and some others.

I once met Dakota Fanning very briefly in a hotel. I've also met and fed a Kentucky Derby winning horse. I guess his fame depends on who you ask.

I had the pleasant surprise to met and shake hands with one of the band members of Crossfade. An interest fact the band originates from my home state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back