TV & Film Encanto

SP3CT3R

seven foot frame, rats along his back
Yeah, that Disney movie that came out a little over a month ago. I didn't plan on watching it because I'm trying to stick it to the Mouse, but an opportunity presented itself and it's all I've been able to think about for the past week. Has anyone else here seen the movie? I hope so, because I'm going to die if I can't talk about it.

I watched it recently. I enjoyed it, the music especially.

Yassss. At first I wasn’t too sure about it, but I let it sink in and then watched it in Spanish and I was totally feeling it. Of course I have We Don’t Talk About Bruno stuck in my head for weeks now lmao

Watched it with my gf, and I really liked it. However I was slightly disappointed by the ending.

I watched it, and then forced my boyfriend to watch it as well

Anytime he gets on my 'nerves' I start singing "We don't talk about Bruno" because we both know its going to be stuck in our heads for the rest of the day lol

OMGGG since I have now been given the chance to rant about Encanto, I absolutely will, because I am huge Disney nerd and I noticed SO MANY THINGS about Encanto, and I have compiled like half of them into this list.

OKAY SO:
1.)The family's last name "Madrigal" is actually a type of song! It's a part-song for several voices, with the voices typically being sang over each other in a sort of harmony, and this type of music was popular during the Renaissance period.
2.)During Dolores' part in We Don't Talk About Bruno, you can actually SEE Bruno walking in the background along the upstairs hallway. Now this can be one of three things. One, that could actually be Bruno, doing something like walking to the kitchen to grab a snack, or maybe grabbing more materials to patch up more cracks from the inside of the house. Two, it could be Camilo shape-shifting into Bruno, seeing as his part is right after Dolores', and he also shape-shifts into Bruno during his part. Three, it could just be symbolism to show how Bruno is still affecting Dolores. After all, Dolores was probably the only person that knew Bruno was still in the walls given the fact that she has superhuman hearing. She does also mention twice in the song that she can still hear Bruno, so that little glimpse of Bruno could've been foreshadowing the fact that Dolores is still affected by Bruno by having to keep him a secret.
3.)There's actually a small plot hole when Dolores hears Augustin telling Mirabel that they just have to keep everything about Bruno's tower a secret. Dolores is clearly shocked by this, but what exactly is the reason? If she can hear a coin drop from across the town, then she definitely heard Mirabel breaking into Bruno's tower and talking to herself and Casita about this vision and what not. The only theory that I have for this is that hearing all of this again made Dolores stress over Bruno even more, having to keep all of these secrets, having to bear all of this knowledge, etc. So, she kind of just snapped and told everyone what happened.
4.)DUDE CAMILO CAN SHAPE-SHIFT INTO A BABY??? WHAT'S TO STOP HIM FROM ACTUALLY BEING AN OLD MAN AND HE'S JUST SHAPE-SHIFTING AS A TEENAGER CONSTANTLY?????
5.)Did you know that a lot of things about Bruno were actually inspired by the movie Luca? Let's have a refresh of a reoccurring theme in Luca, that theme being Alberto trying to help Luca get over his worries by telling him to say "Silencio Bruno!" Let's go back to Encanto now. What is said when Bruno is brought up? The fact that they don't talk about Bruno, silencing Bruno's name.
6.)Did you know that the story about Abuelo in the beginning of the movie being watered down was actually Abuella's trauma reaction to the situation? At the beginning of the movie when everything is perfect and everything is going her way because she's forcing everyone to be perfect, she's also shoving that memory of losing Abuelo down because that experience was traumatic for her, and how couldn't it be? She lost her husband, had to help build a whole town, raise three children on her own, all while facing the depression of losing Abuelo? Power to her for even mentally surviving that! But, when she's retelling the story to Mirabel after everything is destroyed just like it was back then when she lost Abuelo, it goes more in depth and shows more of how awful that day was, including the younger Abuella having a complete breakdown, which I think we can all agree was super depressing.
7.)Back to the song We Don't Talk About Bruno, did you know that when Felix says, "No clouds allowed in the sky!" That's again showing how strict Abuella is on Pepa? This is actually why Pepa has such a hard time controlling her power, Abuella constantly makes her cover up her emotions so that the weather stays perfect, and it takes a big toll on Pepa, which is also why Pepa seems to be generally on the cranky side.
8.)Speaking of the songs in this movie, remember how in the first song Family Madrigals, Mirabel was knocking on all of the doors to wake everyone up? When she gets to Dolores' door, she only hits it once, because she knows that that's enough to wake her up.
9.)Did you know that the inside of Luisa's room is in the early design sketches? Her room is basically this big gym place, perfect for strengthening her power. But, Casita put in a secret door just for her, and guess what it leads to? A BLIPPING CARNIVAL! Oh to be Luisa and have a room with a whole ass carnival.
10.)A lot of people have already noticed this, but Encanto is one of the only Disney movies to take place in a real place, which is Colombia Valley. For one of the music scores, there is also mentions of how the townsfolk love Colombia.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk, sorry for any typos there chads
💀💀💀

10.)A lot of people have already noticed this, but Encanto is one of the only Disney movies to take place in a real place, which is Colombia Valley. For one of the music scores, there is also mentions of how the townsfolk love Colombia.
There's Coco that takes place in Mexico, but I'm assuming you're not counting that one since it's created by Pixar rather than Disney.

There's Coco that takes place in Mexico, but I'm assuming you're not counting that one since it's created by Pixar rather than Disney.
Oh that's true! I forgot about that, it's a real rarity for Disney to make movies in real places. Though Pixar also is owned by Disney so I shouldn't have said JUST Encanto lol.

*chaotic depresed gay theater kid with family trauma and mice screamoing noises* so uh.... its my new hyperfixiation. its nice when all the songs and parts are in your range.... also waiting on a mirical is in 3/4 while the other songs are in 4/4.... lins a bloody genious

oh and have yall heard of the mirable sisters, the revolutionaries from the Dominican republic?

It was an excellent movie! It made me cry uncontrollably...but if I had one critique, it would be rushed, or I felt like it was rushed.

The movie was much better than I assumed it would be. I heard that Bruno song on YouTube and thought yea that's a jam. Then heard that pressure song and got real impressed. The look of shock and fear on mirabels face just makes it hit harder.

Then I watched the movie and enjoyed it a fair bit.

There's lots of little things I notice that seem cool like in the Bruno song pepa's husband was basically singing that pepa is making a huge deal out of nothing, like the lyrics

"Bruno walks in with a mischievous grin,
THUNDER
You telling this story or am I?
I'm sorry mi vida go on
Bruno says it looks like rain"

I take that to mean as pepa was already freaking out about the wedding even before Bruno said anything.
Camilo describes Bruno as 7ft tall cause as a baby his uncle would look huge and he says negative things cause his mother gets triggered by the mention of his name so he assumes Bruno is a bad guy

It's mostly the songs I enjoyed but Bruno was a funny character, IM HERNANDO AND IM SCARED OF NOTHING
Killed me.

I want more from that world but more about Bruno, the cousin with hearing powers, the strong sister etc

Also if you listen to the Bruno song but speed it up 1.5 it's even more of a jam and the cousin raps like Eminem

Last edited:
The movie was much better than I assumed it would be. I heard that Bruno song on YouTube and thought yea that's a jam. Then heard that pressure song and got real impressed. The look of shock and fear on mirabels face just makes it hit harder.

Then I watched the movie and enjoyed it a fair bit.

There's lots of little things I notice that seem cool like in the Bruno song pepa's husband was basically singing that pepa is making a huge deal out of nothing, like the lyrics

"Bruno walks in with a mischievous grin,
THUNDER
You telling this story or am I?
I'm sorry mi vida go on
Bruno says it looks like rain"

I take that to mean as pepa was already freaking out about the wedding even before Bruno said anything.
Camilo describes Bruno as 7ft tall cause as a baby his uncle would look huge and he says negative things cause his mother gets triggered by the mention of his name so he assumes Bruno is a bad guy

It's mostly the songs I enjoyed but Bruno was a funny character, IM HERNANDO AND IM SCARED OF NOTHING
Killed me.

I want more from that world but more about Bruno, the cousin with hearing powers, the strong sister etc

Also if you listen to the Bruno song but speed it up 1.5 it's even more of a jam and the cousin raps like Eminem
Oh, I 100% believe that Bruno was just trying to tease Pepa before the wedding, but the joke just didn't go over that well, and then Pepa was just freaking out even more then. But either way, Pepa still can't control her powers lmfao

Oh that's true! I forgot about that, it's a real rarity for Disney to make movies in real places. Though Pixar also is owned by Disney so I shouldn't have said JUST Encanto lol.
I actually thought of more. Mulan and Hunchback of Notre Dame, set in China and France respectively, but then again both are adaptations of other stories. I'm guessing you're referring strictly to original content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back