• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Empowered: An open-ended modern fantasy RP (Always Open)

Tobi Naefaerne

Suit Gang's Guru/Founder
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Over time, the world has had its fair share of oddities. None of them were as odd as the monsters and beings you hear about in stories living right next door to you though. In the past, these beings were hidden away in plain sight from the world by an organization known as “The Magisters' Roundtable”. The year is 2018, and the world has changed so much. The Roundtable had managed to integrate the empowered after finding a way for both the humans and supernatural to work and make society better. A power move made by the Roundtable that kept society from suffering from an economic crisis was made, and the price was to allow the supernatural to inhabit the land safely and be given the same rights as the people. There were, of course, a few extra laws that applied to them, as they all aren’t exactly human. Accepting of the laws placed upon them, the empowered that were in hiding for so long proved to the humans that they were capable of coexisting.

Humans weren’t all too fond of the idea that was being presented to them by the Roundtable, but the Roundtable also threw in another part of their plan: Magic. The Roundtable was made by and consisted of magic casters. They figured for humankind to perfectly merge with the supernatural, it would be best for magic to be available to the public. That way, humans can have access to a lot of things that some of the supernatural had, as magic has no shortage of variety and what it’s capable of. The humans took the offer and went with it. This led to humans who were born with their powers to also show themselves alongside other supernatural, calling themselves “empowered humans”.

The first place to be introduced to the changes made in society with the introduction of the supernatural or “empowered” was the US. This decision was made by the Roundtable as they felt as if the US was able to adapt and take on new trends with ease. It was this choice that led to numerous US cities being home to centers for the empowered known as Roundtable branches, one of the biggest being in Seattle.

Empowered is a sandbox, if you will, for you to create a story for your character. There will be a few GM decisions that will affect your character’s life and choices. A world, mainly based in Seattle and King County Washington, where you can create both a character and a story for said character from scratch is what is being offered. Now it’s up to you if you want that character to live out a life in this world.`

Co-GMed with Roman Roman

Threads now Posted for all those that are interested:
Main: Empowered(Always Open)
OOC: Fantasy - Empowered Out of Character
CSs: Fantasy - Empowered Character Sheets

Last edited:
Nice to see people are interested in what we're pitching here. We'll soon have up the character sign up along with information for the said character sheet, IC and OOC, possibly later today. There will also be a link to a discord server for those of you who prefer discord over an OOC tab.

Once again, thank you for showing interest in our idea, and we hope you enjoy it when things are finally up and running. :closed eyes open smile:

So this is a sandbox then? No directed story? I'll admit I'm not used to said ideas, but I guess it can't hurt to be interested.
Yep. That's exactly what it is. As mentioned in the interest check, there will be few decisions made by Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne and I that actually affects the world as a whole, but we want to create something that not only gives us creative freedom but something that gives the RPers just as much freedom as we have. Glad to hear you're interested too!

For those of you still checking here, would you like it if you could also submit business, locations, and other lore like elements?

should we do extra cs's just so we can make a start? I think I can handle another character.

should we do extra cs's just so we can make a start? I think I can handle another character.
Nah, I have a slightly funky sleep schedule so I was sleeping most of the day, I'll open it up in a few minutes here.

Hey! For those of you following this thread still and was planning to make a character for the RP, I'd like to say we're finally ready for posting. The starting post was made today, signaling that everything involving 'in character' is officially going. Come and join us, we'll be happy to have you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back