• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Empowered(Always Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Seraphina
"I miss me, the old me, the happy me... the gone me."

mood: Excited!!

with: Eld

outfit: Angelic white dress

Seraphina frowned as he walked away from her to his car. Um did the creep not understand?? His soul was going to be SAVED. She took a step forward only for his car to drive down the street and away from her. HA! Like he could get rid of his guardian Angel THAT easy.

Seraphina was going to just fly towards his car when she heard the bells ringing in her head. Seraphina grinned and closed her eyes as her wings glowed. Suddenly she was sitting on top of Creepy’s phone, her blue eyes opening as she clapped. “Wow! I’m surprised I didn't get stuck on the roof. Man if I had a nickel for everytime THAT has happened…” She straightened her dress, facing the man, no seatbelt on.

“Now what’s your name anyways? And where are we off too? I hope it’s somewhere good. I don’t want to have to try and win your soul from some horrible place already. I like to get to know people first before I get too preachy. Just works best ya know? Well, you don’t know haha. I am assuming someone as criminal as you has never had a divine being on your shoulder before.”

She picked at her nails, tilting her head as she studied this one particularly PESKY cuticle. If she knew he had magical weapons which could kill her… she would probably have kept a safer distance from her new soul project and not been so carefree. "So anyways, any questions you have, tell me annnd I will try my best to answer. I mean how lucky are YOU??"

She grinned, clapping her hands before his phone rang again and she moved her leg, putting the phone in the cup holder. "Best not to be on your phone while driving. Not EVERYONE you hit will get back up you know?" Seraphina laughed at her own little joke before going on like an annoying perky sales clerk.

"Heaven is the GREATEST. I wish I had a chance to go back... alas... oh well! I now get to help you get the chance to go! Won't that be like... the best?!" Seraphina clapped her hands giddly. Oh this creepy criminal would be the PERFECT soul for her to save. They would SO have to let her back home this time.

codedbycrucialstar

Seraphina

mood: Excited!!

Seraphina frowned as he walked away from her to his car. Um did the creep not understand?? His soul was going to be SAVED. She took a step forward only for his car to drive down the street and away from her. HA! Like he could get rid of his guardian Angel THAT easy.

Seraphina was going to just fly towards his car when she heard the bells ringing in her head. Seraphina grinned and closed her eyes as her wings glowed. Suddenly she was sitting on top of Creepy’s phone, her blue eyes opening as she clapped. “Wow! I’m surprised I didn't get stuck on the roof. Man if I had a nickel for everytime THAT has happened…” She straightened her dress, facing the man, no seatbelt on.

“Now what’s your name anyways? And where are we off too? I hope it’s somewhere good. I don’t want to have to try and win your soul from some horrible place already. I like to get to know people first before I get too preachy. Just works best ya know? Well, you don’t know haha. I am assuming someone as criminal as you has never had a divine being on your shoulder before.”

She picked at her nails, tilting her head as she studied this one particularly PESKY cuticle. If she knew he had magical weapons which could kill her… she would probably have kept a safer distance from her new soul project and not been so carefree. "So anyways, any questions you have, tell me annnd I will try my best to answer. I mean how lucky are YOU??"

She grinned, clapping her hands before his phone rang again and she moved her leg, putting the phone in the cup holder. "Best not to be on your phone while driving. Not EVERYONE you hit will get back up you know?" Seraphina laughed at her own little joke before going on like an annoying perky sales clerk.

"Heaven is the GREATEST. I wish I had a chance to go back... alas... oh well! I now get to help you get the chance to go! Won't that be like... the best?!" Seraphina clapped her hands giddly. Oh this creepy criminal would be the PERFECT soul for her to save. They would SO have to let her back home this time.

codedbycrucialstar
Eld sighed as the girl appeared on top of his phone. He didn't know what the trigger was, but he could guess it was one of the sounds in his ringtone. What was it with spiritual beings and sounds summoning them. As the girl talked about how lucky he was to have her as some guardian angel, and asking if he had any questions, Eld did the only reasonable thing and unbuckled his seatbelt. Steering with one hand, he leaned across the girl, and with the other he grabbed the door handle and gave it a light tug, popping the seal on the car. Sitting back upright as she talked about how great heaven was telling him he could have the chance to go, he grunted and placed his palm on her face before giving a heafty shove and pushing the girl out through the door and tumbling on to the street. Sighing now that the noisy nusince was gone, he gave a quick jerk of the wheel to his right which caused the open passenger side door to slam shut and lock back up. Just as he was reaching down to silence his phone, whatever God's this being belonged too must have had a vendetta against him as the screen lit up once again with that wrong number, and before he could fully mute the phone, a quiet bell rang out. He hopped in his heart that wouldn't be enough to call them back, especially now that he was away from them, but the sinking feeling in his gut convinced them otherwise.

Cbyc7zNW0AQ0VMt.jpg
Roman Ishida
Interacting w/: Mal Mizushima | Luna Malveaux Luna Malveaux

Mood: Embarrassed / Happy

Activity: Waiting for Mal

Objective: Wait for Mal's shift to end, enjoy his day

There was a part of him that wanted to just immediately hop up and run away from the embarrassment that he was feeling after that, then there was the other part of him. It seemed rather comfortable having just blurted out what he said. Thinking of how these two different mindsets were affecting him, he was surprised to even consider that he wasn't as nervous as he truly thought he was. What made him think that way was how Mal responded to his stumble in words. He made her laugh when it happened too. That actually washed away any feeling of wanting to hide from her in that instant and instead replaced it was happiness. It wasn't every day that he made someone laugh and when he did it was usually due to the fact that he was even existing. A lot of people didn't think much of the kid who didn't talk much in school. They thought of him as an easy target too, but in reality, he wasn't. "Don't worry about it... The smile was apology enough." He said, laughing a bit himself.

As the two of them continued to conversate, Mal stated that dor suited him better than dweeb, and with another short laugh, Roman nodded his head in agreement. "Hm, you're right," Roman said as he pointed a finger at Mal. Placing his hand down next to his other on the table, he smiled as he listened to her talk. So the French Kiss had just become their special recently. "That gives me three good reasons to come here then. Make it known that you have a new regular." Roman said, smiling a bit more as the door opened and the bell rang. His smile faded as he turned to see a customer entering. He then looked back to Mal, watching as she prepared to leave and finish her job. "Take your time, I'll just be here reading articles and enjoying the view." This day had been turning out too well. In fact, it was one of the best days he's had in a while. He made a new friend and after that, they had planned to spend some time together. As he thought about how well things were going, he took out his phone and began searching around for a copy of the book Mal had reccomended to him not too long ago, waiting on her as he did so.
5506534f7c1860533bfca2b3a0a6d685.jpg

Mal Mizushima
Interacting with: Roman Roman

Her smile? That caused a small blush to form. Nobody had ever commented on her smile before and in a way it made her happy. Mal smiled and gave a small wave before getting up and heading back to the counter to serve the new customer. It was a bit disappointing to have their time cut short, but she was at work after all, not out hanging out with on her own time. Plus side was that after her shift was over they were going to do just that. She could feel the immediate excitement at the thought of it. It wasn't like she'd never had any friends, but it'd been a while since she could actually consider anybody one. It seemed like the older Mal and her schoolmates got, the more judgmental everyone became, preferring to gossip behind everyone's backs and cause trouble. Mal couldn't wait to get high school over with and never see any of them again, except for Roman, she wouldn't mind running into him if they were on good terms in the future. She switched over from a genuine smile to one of forced politeness, serving the customer and the others that trailed in after.

A good 40 minutes later

Mal took off her apron in the back, placing it in her locker and taking out her hoodie. She threw it on, placing the book she got from Roman into her bag before slinging the strap on her shoulder and picking up the umbrella she received from the nice old lady from earlier. She smiled at the umbrella for a moment as she shut her locker and made her way back to the front. Mal made sure to clock out before she stepped out from behind the counter and made her way back to Roman, happy to see he was still there waiting for her. Approaching him from behind she placed her hand on his shoulder to get his attention and smiled. "My shifts over, so I'm ready to leave whenever you are."

Seraphina

mood: Excited...but Annoyed

Seraphina paused, confused why his hand was on her face. How Odd? Why did he open the car door? "Um this is SUUPER dangerous, are you sure you want to do th-" And then she was shoved from the car. RUDE!

She hit the road, rolling to a stop as the car sped off. The burning of the asphalt on her skin was nothing, her Angel armour protecting her from all mortal weapons and injuries. Didn’t mean she liked getting thrown out of a car. Like come on!

She huffed, standing up before another bell sounded out in her mind. Oh the Angels were smiling down on her today! Now she wouldn’t have to fly after him. She glimmered away in a show of lights, appearing again in Eld’s car but this time more in the backseat. She wriggled, crawling through to the passenger as she huffed, her wings curling up behind her.

“Guess who's back, back again?” She sung, laughing as she put her head in her hands, staring at the poor idiot. “I also have wings and can just follow you. You’re stuck with me. Until your heart chooses a new course, you are forever going to have me as the BEST Guardian Angel ever!” She laughed, messing with the radio as she tried to find some sort of pop station.

“So, how about we try this again huh? No more throwing me out of the car. As you can clearly see, there is not a scratch on me. So! I’m Seraphina! And you aaaaare?” She looked at him, pulling down the visor so she could try to fix her messy hair in the tiny smudged window.

codedbycrucialstar

5506534f7c1860533bfca2b3a0a6d685.jpg

Mal Mizushima

Her smile? That caused a small blush to form. Nobody had ever commented on her smile before and in a way it made her happy. Mal smiled and gave a small wave before getting up and heading back to the counter to serve the new customer. It was a bit disappointing to have their time cut short, but she was at work after all, not out hanging out with on her own time. Plus side was that after her shift was over they were going to do just that. She could feel the immediate excitement at the thought of it. It wasn't like she'd never had any friends, but it'd been a while since she could actually consider anybody one. It seemed like the older Mal and her schoolmates got, the more judgmental everyone became, preferring to gossip behind everyone's backs and cause trouble. Mal couldn't wait to get high school over with and never see any of them again, except for Roman, she wouldn't mind running into him if they were on good terms in the future. She switched over from a genuine smile to one of forced politeness, serving the customer and the others that trailed in after.

A good 40 minutes later

Mal took off her apron in the back, placing it in her locker and taking out her hoodie. She threw it on, placing the book she got from Roman into her bag before slinging the strap on her shoulder and picking up the umbrella she received from the nice old lady from earlier. She smiled at the umbrella for a moment as she shut her locker and made her way back to the front. Mal made sure to clock out before she stepped out from behind the counter and made her way back to Roman, happy to see he was still there waiting for her. Approaching him from behind she placed her hand on his shoulder to get his attention and smiled. "My shifts over, so I'm ready to leave whenever you are."
haise3-4935.jpg
Roman Ishida
Interacting w/: No one until Mal returned | Luna Malveaux Luna Malveaux

Mood: Unsure, when Mal returned he cheers back up

Activity: Thinking, waiting... Too many things...

Objective: Enjoy his day, rid himself of these thoughts

As Mal went to do her job, there was a change in the smile she gave him. It seemed to be forced for the customer. It didn't worry him much, but it showed him that she was enjoying their conversation just as much as he was, and that made him happy. Roman then went back to searching for a copy of the book she mentioned to him earlier, only for his mind to trail off to the thoughts from earlier. The thoughts about what his mother would tell him. Those thoughts would eventually turn into the things his father would say. He would always criticize Roman for being weaker than he should. Put him down for being a good natured boy. A good-natured demon. His father would tell him that he shouldn't be fighting who he really is... and instead, he should embrace it. There was never an explanation as to what he wanted Roman to embrace. He never felt as if there was anything he was denying... Until recently at least. He would constantly question his ideas. His morals and the choices they pushed him to make. They all seemed wrong. He began to feel as if there was another him living in his head trying to get him to do the opposite of what he wanted. The opposite of the right thing. The things he was taught was right by his mother. The entire time, Roman's facial expression would soften, showing his sadness. He was lost. There was no one he felt he could talk to about what was going on, and he didn't think there would ever be anyone that he could.

"There is no use for a demon who can't strike fear into those below him..." "What is your purpose to me with how weak you are?" "You're as useless as your mother is to me." All of these things he could remember being told by his father. All of those plus more. Roman was content with the idea that he could never prove to his father that he was someone to be proud of. If the day ever came, he would though. He'd take the chance to do whatever he could to get rid of the weight on his shoulders that is his father's disapproval while keeping his mother's acceptance intact. Another thought would always cross his mind, "Why does he call me a demon?" He thought to himself. His mother was an angel, and with that, he was beginning to suspect something, but if he went to ask, his father would probably kill him or something. Didn't seem like something he was afraid to do from the treatment he would give Roman, especially in comparison to his big sister.
tumblr_nh2g5vzso51tfa7yso1_500-2035.png

As Roman continued to think about all the aforementioned things, he was beginning to feel his mood change completely. That was until he felt a hand on his shoulder. Turning around, his face expression would turn into one of a gentle smile. "You're back." He stated, looking at her as if she had saved him from something. Well. technically she did. She saved him from himself. Those disgusting thoughts that were his father. Slowly getting up from his seat, Roman put his phone in his pocket, and grabbed his jacket and putting it back on. he would then grab his umbrella, and look at Mal once more, "We can go now. If we go fast we could make it there before it starts to rain, that is if it does." Roman then took a step back, pushing his chair in. They may have just met, but there was something about being with and talking to Mal that kept Roman out of his head and more into the real world. Their talk managed to keep him from thinking too much about Masahi and Kaori, and even his father. "Hey... Thanks for wanting to spend some time with me to get this book. You're helping me more than you think right now... I'm pretty sure I sound like a weirdo, but it's the truth." He said as he walked to the door, placing his han on the handle and pulling it open, waiting on Mal to exit before he did. "You first and before you say anything, I insist. You made me coffee, the most I can do right now is be a gentleman. Not saying I wouldn't if you didn't make me coffee..." Before he knew it, he was rambling, something he had managed to do several times since meeting Mal. "S-Sorry for rambling so much... I guess I'm still a tab bit embarrassed."

tumblr_pc8ioyCfdW1xaw45eo5_500.gif
Alejandro Moretti
Interacting w/: Astrid Finchett

Mood: Calm

Activity: Relaxing with Astrid

Objective: Spend some time with Astrid
Alejandro sighed as he listened to Astrid. He knew it was wrong to not believe what someone you're supposed to trust says, but there was something about this that made him disregard that and believe that what she was telling him wasn't the truth. While he didn't normally do this, he knew of her reckless nature all too well. If he was being honest it was one of the reasons he had begun to fall for her in the first place. It was that trait of her's that brought out the looser side of him after all. When she asked if they could order something, he chuckled, "Yeah, sure. We can order something. I'll be over soon." Alejandro said as he heard Astrid say goodbye. Before he could muster another word, she hung up. Standing there with his phone to his ear, he had a pretty plain expression cross his face. Putting his phone in his pocket and walking away, he placed a hand against his cheek, "She could have at least talked to me while I made my way there..." Alejandro shrugged it off, moving a bit to his left so a jogger could get by him. With that, he continued on his way.

Knowing his way around the city, Alejandro didn't take long to make it to Astrid's place. It was at least about 25 minutes on foot, and seeing as how it was a nice day, he walked. Making his way to the door, Alejandro made his way inside. He knew a few of Astrid's neighbors due to his frequent visits. Once he was at Astrid's door, he took out the key she had made for him, which reminded him that he had to do the same for his place for her. Unlocking the door, Alejandro went inside. A refreshing sight it was to see her home. "Hey there. It's nice to see you again, stranger." He said, walking over to the couch, slumping down beside her. "Any idea on what you wanna order? I'm down for anything right now."

YDaIf7t.png

yoko-littner-gif-19.gif

There was a part of Astrid that felt bad for just hanging up on him like that. She probably could have continued a normal conversation with him as she rode home and as Alejandro made his way to her apartment. But she hadn’t. Those conversations sometimes led to lectures over the phone, which led to arguments between them, and being angry at each other for long stretches without talking things out. Usually if they had arguments in person, things could get talked out right there and then, and they could work through things much easier. So since that’s what she was expecting Alejandro to talk to her about, it led to her preferring to keep their conversations to when they were together. It wasn’t long after Astrid slumped on the couch that Alejandro made his way inside using the key she gave him.

Despite everything that had happened on her job, just seeing Alejandro was enough to make her sit up a bit, giving him a bright smile. “What a sight for sore eyes you are.” She answered, wrapping her arms around him as he sat down next to her on the couch. She wasn’t the most mushy, romantic, PDA kind of person, but if she was, it was during times like this. If she was feeling like crap, being with Alejandro made her feel at least a little better. He brought up the topic of food, reminding her of what she had called him about in the first place. “Honestly, same. I could eat anything right about now. It was a long night, and all I had on me was a protein bar.” She frowned, realizing just hot little she had eaten over the last day. Oof, yet another thing for Alejandro to get on her case about. “I dunno, how does Chinese sound? Or pizza? Honestly, I’m not super picky.”

Extra Info

Mood:
Tired

Spend time with Alejandro

Objective:
None

Interacting with: Alejandro
Tags: Roman Roman

haise3-4935.jpg
Roman Ishida
Interacting w/: No one until Mal returned | Luna Malveaux Luna Malveaux

Mood: Unsure, when Mal returned he cheers back up

Activity: Thinking, waiting... Too many things...

Objective: Enjoy his day, rid himself of these thoughts

As Mal went to do her job, there was a change in the smile she gave him. It seemed to be forced for the customer. It didn't worry him much, but it showed him that she was enjoying their conversation just as much as he was, and that made him happy. Roman then went back to searching for a copy of the book she mentioned to him earlier, only for his mind to trail off to the thoughts from earlier. The thoughts about what his mother would tell him. Those thoughts would eventually turn into the things his father would say. He would always criticize Roman for being weaker than he should. Put him down for being a good natured boy. A good-natured demon. His father would tell him that he shouldn't be fighting who he really is... and instead, he should embrace it. There was never an explanation as to what he wanted Roman to embrace. He never felt as if there was anything he was denying... Until recently at least. He would constantly question his ideas. His morals and the choices they pushed him to make. They all seemed wrong. He began to feel as if there was another him living in his head trying to get him to do the opposite of what he wanted. The opposite of the right thing. The things he was taught was right by his mother. The entire time, Roman's facial expression would soften, showing his sadness. He was lost. There was no one he felt he could talk to about what was going on, and he didn't think there would ever be anyone that he could.

"There is no use for a demon who can't strike fear into those below him..." "What is your purpose to me with how weak you are?" "You're as useless as your mother is to me." All of these things he could remember being told by his father. All of those plus more. Roman was content with the idea that he could never prove to his father that he was someone to be proud of. If the day ever came, he would though. He'd take the chance to do whatever he could to get rid of the weight on his shoulders that is his father's disapproval while keeping his mother's acceptance intact. Another thought would always cross his mind, "Why does he call me a demon?" He thought to himself. His mother was an angel, and with that, he was beginning to suspect something, but if he went to ask, his father would probably kill him or something. Didn't seem like something he was afraid to do from the treatment he would give Roman, especially in comparison to his big sister.

As Roman continued to think about all the aforementioned things, he was beginning to feel his mood change completely. That was until he felt a hand on his shoulder. Turning around, his face expression would turn into one of a gentle smile. "You're back." He stated, looking at her as if she had saved him from something. Well. technically she did. She saved him from himself. Those disgusting thoughts that were his father. Slowly getting up from his seat, Roman put his phone in his pocket, and grabbed his jacket and putting it back on. he would then grab his umbrella, and look at Mal once more, "We can go now. If we go fast we could make it there before it starts to rain, that is if it does." Roman then took a step back, pushing his chair in. They may have just met, but there was something about being with and talking to Mal that kept Roman out of his head and more into the real world. Their talk managed to keep him from thinking too much about Masahi and Kaori, and even his father. "Hey... Thanks for wanting to spend some time with me to get this book. You're helping me more than you think right now... I'm pretty sure I sound like a weirdo, but it's the truth." He said as he walked to the door, placing his han on the handle and pulling it open, waiting on Mal to exit before he did. "You first and before you say anything, I insist. You made me coffee, the most I can do right now is be a gentleman. Not saying I wouldn't if you didn't make me coffee..." Before he knew it, he was rambling, something he had managed to do several times since meeting Mal. "S-Sorry for rambling so much... I guess I'm still a tab bit embarrassed."
UXTxihar_400x400.jpg

Mal Mizushima

The look Roman gave her threw her off for a moment. It almost looked as if something had been bothering him, but his smile said otherwise so she didn't think much of it. His smile was contagious and It didn't take long for her to feel another smile creeping onto her face, watching as he gathered his things together. She adjusted the strap on her shoulder slightly, shifting it into a more comfortable place as she followed after him, listening to him as they walked. It's true what he said was a bit odd, but who was she to judge? She was just happy to hear she was helping with whatever it was. "You don't need to thank me, honestly. I should be thanking you if anything, if you hadn't asked me to sit with you I probably would've been bored out of my mind." She replied, figuring it would be wiser not to try and pry on what he meant behind her helping him out, it could be something personal and she would just come off as nosey.

Mal had slowed down in her movements, fully expecting him to walk through the door first. When she noticed that he had instead chosen to hold the door open she opened her mouth to tell him to go ahead, but it seemed he already knew what she was thinking. Her eyebrows raised when she noticed he had begun rambling again, causing her to laugh a bit as she went ahead and exited through the cafe door and out into the cool yet fresh air. "You don't need to apologize, it doesn't bother me in the slightest." Not to mention she was starting to find it adorable, but she wasn't going to admit that. That would definitely weird him out, and right now that was the last thing she wanted to do considering how much she enjoyed his company, even if it was only for a little bit. "Oh, have you tried checking the website to see if they had the book? They're pretty good at keeping what they have in stock up to date on it so it's always worth checking if you're unsure."

YDaIf7t.png

yoko-littner-gif-19.gif

There was a part of Astrid that felt bad for just hanging up on him like that. She probably could have continued a normal conversation with him as she rode home and as Alejandro made his way to her apartment. But she hadn’t. Those conversations sometimes led to lectures over the phone, which led to arguments between them, and being angry at each other for long stretches without talking things out. Usually if they had arguments in person, things could get talked out right there and then, and they could work through things much easier. So since that’s what she was expecting Alejandro to talk to her about, it led to her preferring to keep their conversations to when they were together. It wasn’t long after Astrid slumped on the couch that Alejandro made his way inside using the key she gave him.

Despite everything that had happened on her job, just seeing Alejandro was enough to make her sit up a bit, giving him a bright smile. “What a sight for sore eyes you are.” She answered, wrapping her arms around him as he sat down next to her on the couch. She wasn’t the most mushy, romantic, PDA kind of person, but if she was, it was during times like this. If she was feeling like crap, being with Alejandro made her feel at least a little better. He brought up the topic of food, reminding her of what she had called him about in the first place. “Honestly, same. I could eat anything right about now. It was a long night, and all I had on me was a protein bar.” She frowned, realizing just hot little she had eaten over the last day. Oof, yet another thing for Alejandro to get on her case about. “I dunno, how does Chinese sound? Or pizza? Honestly, I’m not super picky.”

Extra Info

Mood:
Tired

Objective:
None

4fef36283ced0e64e9bfc7395a87795f.gif
Alejandro Moretti

Mood: Relaxed / Calm

Activity: Preparing to order some food

Objective: Get some food and spend time with Astrid

Every fiber of Alejandro's being wanted to ask one million questions about Astrid's last mission, but it was something he had always done, and he figured maybe if he didn't do it this time, they'd actually be able to enjoy a night over some food and whatever the hell was gonna be on tv tonight. He couldn't help it that he cared so much about what happened to her when she was away, but in a way, he could see where she was coming from. It kind of made it seem like he was always breathing down her back, and being overprotective. They're both adults and they very well know the dangers that come with being an Inquisitor. They wouldn't have signed up for the job if they didn't. When she wrapped her arms around him, he smiled a bright smile, wrapping his arm around her as he leaned back into the couch a bit to relax. "I'm a sight for sore eyes?" He asked laughing a little bit. "Just knowing you were coming back so early made me happy. I know it may not have sounded like that over the phone, but trust me, I am." Roman said, leaning in and pecking Astrid on the cheek.

They then ended up on the main topic: food. They had originally planned to go out and get something, but things had ended up complicating their plans, so they decided to order something, but then they were unsure of what to even get. Furrowing his brow and rubbing his chin with his free hand, Alejandro thought, thinking between pizza and Chinese. He hadn't had a pizza in a while, so if he was being honest, when she mentioned it, it caught his attention. "I'm gonna have to go with pizza. Pepperoni of course." He then took out his phone, going to his app and placing an order for two pizzas. "I'll pay for them. I was thinking two pizzas, but if you want more just say so." Alejandro said, waving his phone in his hand before going back to placing the order. "On the other hand, mind talking about the last mission some more? I promise I won't be all overdramatic and whatnot. I'm curious about what you were up against... Especially since the cops here in Seattle can't handle what the Roundtable calls us in for." Alejandro continued to tap on his phone as he spoke, still placing the order, selecting toppings for the pizzas.

UXTxihar_400x400.jpg

Mal Mizushima

The look Roman gave her threw her off for a moment. It almost looked as if something had been bothering him, but his smile said otherwise so she didn't think much of it. His smile was contagious and It didn't take long for her to feel another smile creeping onto her face, watching as he gathered his things together. She adjusted the strap on her shoulder slightly, shifting it into a more comfortable place as she followed after him, listening to him as they walked. It's true what he said was a bit odd, but who was she to judge? She was just happy to hear she was helping with whatever it was. "You don't need to thank me, honestly. I should be thanking you if anything, if you hadn't asked me to sit with you I probably would've been bored out of my mind." She replied, figuring it would be wiser not to try and pry on what he meant behind her helping him out, it could be something personal and she would just come off as nosey.

Mal had slowed down in her movements, fully expecting him to walk through the door first. When she noticed that he had instead chosen to hold the door open she opened her mouth to tell him to go ahead, but it seemed he already knew what she was thinking. Her eyebrows raised when she noticed he had begun rambling again, causing her to laugh a bit as she went ahead and exited through the cafe door and out into the cool yet fresh air. "You don't need to apologize, it doesn't bother me in the slightest." Not to mention she was starting to find it adorable, but she wasn't going to admit that. That would definitely weird him out, and right now that was the last thing she wanted to do considering how much she enjoyed his company, even if it was only for a little bit. "Oh, have you tried checking the website to see if they had the book? They're pretty good at keeping what they have in stock up to date on it so it's always worth checking if you're unsure."
large.png
Roman Ishida

Mood: Happy

Activity: Walking with Mal

Objective: Go and purchase a book, enjoy his day

As he waited at the door for Mal, he chuckled a bit, "I guess we're on the same boat. Our conversation showed me that there are still people out there I share an interest with. Which is refreshing for me. If I'm being honest, it's been hard to make friends until just now with you... and I've lived here for quite the while." Roman said, his smile still there as he walked out the door behind her. He wasn't lying when he said that. The way things were for him after his other two were gone from his life, it was honestly a hassle. He couldn't bring himself to talk to anyone. Especially since he felt as if he'd just get them killed... Because he couldn't help Masahi back then and have always blamed Masahi's death on himself for not being strong enough. "And I'm glad you aren't bothered by my constant rambling. It must be another habit of mine when I'm nervous or embarrassed... Though I shouldn't have any reason to be nervous or anything, shouldn't I?" Roman said, as the air gently blew against his face. It felt nice. When asked if he had checked the website for the book, he nodded. "Yeah, they have a copy. Luckily for me, it wasn't used either. It's a brand new one."

As they continued to walk, Roman began to wonder what got Mal into reading. She seemed to like it just as much as he did, which caught his attention, and with that thought, he decided to ask... To spark conversation once more, "Hey, I was curious. You seem like a bookworm yourself. We all have a reason that makes us keep coming back to read more and more. I was wondering what had got you into books." Roman said, without looking at Mal, only so he could keep track of what was in front of him. He himself had always been a bookworm. Ever since he was a child, his mother would constantly read to him books of great heroes and stories about legends and myths. They were always so interesting to him, and as he grew into a young man, he would pick up book after book. Reading many of the classics and anything that he felt held a decent story. Over time he had collected so many he had to buy more bookshelves to get rid of the piles that were starting to form once he filled up his first one.

Seraphina

mood: Excited...but Annoyed

Seraphina paused, confused why his hand was on her face. How Odd? Why did he open the car door? "Um this is SUUPER dangerous, are you sure you want to do th-" And then she was shoved from the car. RUDE!

She hit the road, rolling to a stop as the car sped off. The burning of the asphalt on her skin was nothing, her Angel armour protecting her from all mortal weapons and injuries. Didn’t mean she liked getting thrown out of a car. Like come on!

She huffed, standing up before another bell sounded out in her mind. Oh the Angels were smiling down on her today! Now she wouldn’t have to fly after him. She glimmered away in a show of lights, appearing again in Eld’s car but this time more in the backseat. She wriggled, crawling through to the passenger as she huffed, her wings curling up behind her.

“Guess who's back, back again?” She sung, laughing as she put her head in her hands, staring at the poor idiot. “I also have wings and can just follow you. You’re stuck with me. Until your heart chooses a new course, you are forever going to have me as the BEST Guardian Angel ever!” She laughed, messing with the radio as she tried to find some sort of pop station.

“So, how about we try this again huh? No more throwing me out of the car. As you can clearly see, there is not a scratch on me. So! I’m Seraphina! And you aaaaare?” She looked at him, pulling down the visor so she could try to fix her messy hair in the tiny smudged window.

codedbycrucialstar
Groaning inwardly as he saw the girl reappear once more inside his car, Eld pressed on the breaks before signalling and pulling the car off to the curb. Putting the cars transmission In park he sighed while the girl played with the radio. Taking a brief glance at her one more time he thought for a moment before turning to them and saying, interrupting them as they tried to push about asking who they are again. "if you stick around, be useful. Bag." Making a gesture for her to pass the leather laptop bag at her feet on the passangers side floor, while he looked up the street and saw it was still unpopulated, and looking in the rearview, only saw a single car driving past on one of the cross streets.

Seraphina

mood: Curious, Ecstatic

Seraphina huffed as he put the car in park. Was he going to try and kick her out again? Well at least he slowed down this time. Progress!

Seraphina turned toward him in her seat, smiling with the full expectancy of bonding and questions and hugs and admittance of wrong doings. Also him FINALLY telling her his name. These were the things Seraphina was expecting… not him saying be useful and pass the laptop bag.

She reached for it and handed it over, her head tilting. “What is it? What's it for? ALSO… What. Is. Your. NAME?” She pronounced every world slowly and Name a little louder, crossing her arms in a huff. Gosh, she had more questions for this guy than he had for her. UGH.

“And of course I’m gunna stick around! Don’t you wanna know wwwhhhy?” She grinned clapping her hands. “Don’t you wanna know moooore?”

Seraphina was used to her charged having a million billion questions for her. Why didn't he? She was 100% certain he hadn't had a guardian before, guardians not being able to leave you until your heart is on a different course. But he didn't seem phased by her. Why the frick wasn't he PHASED?!

"Why the frick aren't you phased?!" She huffed out, before clapping her hands over her mouth. "I didn't mean to say a potty word... Ugh. I just... ASK me some questions. I like that part. I LOVE the getting to know you part. It's like... the best part."

codedbycrucialstar

large.png
Roman Ishida

Mood: Happy

Activity: Walking with Mal

Objective: Go and purchase a book, enjoy his day

As he waited at the door for Mal, he chuckled a bit, "I guess we're on the same boat. Our conversation showed me that there are still people out there I share an interest with. Which is refreshing for me. If I'm being honest, it's been hard to make friends until just now with you... and I've lived here for quite the while." Roman said, his smile still there as he walked out the door behind her. He wasn't lying when he said that. The way things were for him after his other two were gone from his life, it was honestly a hassle. He couldn't bring himself to talk to anyone. Especially since he felt as if he'd just get them killed... Because he couldn't help Masahi back then and have always blamed Masahi's death on himself for not being strong enough. "And I'm glad you aren't bothered by my constant rambling. It must be another habit of mine when I'm nervous or embarrassed... Though I shouldn't have any reason to be nervous or anything, shouldn't I?" Roman said, as the air gently blew against his face. It felt nice. When asked if he had checked the website for the book, he nodded. "Yeah, they have a copy. Luckily for me, it wasn't used either. It's a brand new one."

As they continued to walk, Roman began to wonder what got Mal into reading. She seemed to like it just as much as he did, which caught his attention, and with that thought, he decided to ask... To spark conversation once more, "Hey, I was curious. You seem like a bookworm yourself. We all have a reason that makes us keep coming back to read more and more. I was wondering what had got you into books." Roman said, without looking at Mal, only so he could keep track of what was in front of him. He himself had always been a bookworm. Ever since he was a child, his mother would constantly read to him books of great heroes and stories about legends and myths. They were always so interesting to him, and as he grew into a young man, he would pick up book after book. Reading many of the classics and anything that he felt held a decent story. Over time he had collected so many he had to buy more bookshelves to get rid of the piles that were starting to form once he filled up his first one.
unknown.png

Mal Mizushima

Mal was pretty thrilled to hear that Roman was in a similiar situation. Love for books... trouble making friends... or maybe just a lack of trying to make friends on her part. She looked up, gazing at the clouds. Why should she befriend the same people who were sneaking around behind her back and gossiping about her, about how she was "going to snap at any moment". They didn't see her as someone they could get to know, to them she was someone to laugh about, a joke. Why would she waste her time on people like that, what would she benefit from that? They'd just be useless, a waste of effort. Her attention turned from the sky back to Roman, she needed to stop getting lost in her own head, it was only making her feel down when she was with someone who made her feel otherwise. "That's good to hear, I would've just lent you my copy even if they didn't, considering you let me borrow your book. Thanks again for that, by the way."

As the silence fell upon them she felt pretty relaxed, it wasn't an awkward silence and she felt no pressure to hurry up and say something. It didn't last long though as her shoulders tensed up, what got her into books? She continued to face forward, a faraway look in her eyes as she thought about it. Only the person she hated more than anything. Her and her dad used to be really close so it was only natural she picked up his love for reading, they always read together, up until he was suddenly too busy to be home for more then a couple days at a time and would be gone for weeks. That wasn't what drove Mal to feel what she does, it was when he cheated and didn't even think twice about leaving his children behind for the girl he got pregnant that really did it. To her, her dad was pathetic. Someone who didn't mind hurting the people around him as long as it was a favorable outcome on his part. He didn't even try and explain anything to her, just packed his bags and left. Then after everything was said and done he had the guts to ask her if they could "start over." As if. The only thing she wanted to do with him was break his jaw for even looking at her.

"I would read with my dad all the time until my parents separated, the way he read brought the story to life and I loved it." She paused before continuing. "I don't really talk with him much anymore, things are a bit complicated between him and I. The reason I continue to come back and keep reading though... It's kind of like a mental break. It's like I'm suddenly in this new world and I don't have to worry about whats really going on for the next couple hours, I'm free to just experience this new world and enjoy it without any consequences." She laughed a little, feeling a bit awkward. Had she been a little too honest? It was the truth though, reading helped her when she was feeling lonely or stressed. "That's a weird reason isn't it? I'm not the best at explaining things."

unknown.png

Mal Mizushima

Mal was pretty thrilled to hear that Roman was in a similiar situation. Love for books... trouble making friends... or maybe just a lack of trying to make friends on her part. She looked up, gazing at the clouds. Why should she befriend the same people who were sneaking around behind her back and gossiping about her, about how she was "going to snap at any moment". They didn't see her as someone they could get to know, to them she was someone to laugh about, a joke. Why would she waste her time on people like that, what would she benefit from that? They'd just be useless, a waste of effort. Her attention turned from the sky back to Roman, she needed to stop getting lost in her own head, it was only making her feel down when she was with someone who made her feel otherwise. "That's good to hear, I would've just lent you my copy even if they didn't, considering you let me borrow your book. Thanks again for that, by the way."

As the silence fell upon them she felt pretty relaxed, it wasn't an awkward silence and she felt no pressure to hurry up and say something. It didn't last long though as her shoulders tensed up, what got her into books? She continued to face forward, a faraway look in her eyes as she thought about it. Only the person she hated more than anything. Her and her dad used to be really close so it was only natural she picked up his love for reading, they always read together, up until he was suddenly too busy to be home for more then a couple days at a time and would be gone for weeks. That wasn't what drove Mal to feel what she does, it was when he cheated and didn't even think twice about leaving his children behind for the girl he got pregnant that really did it. To her, her dad was pathetic. Someone who didn't mind hurting the people around him as long as it was a favorable outcome on his part. He didn't even try and explain anything to her, just packed his bags and left. Then after everything was said and done he had the guts to ask her if they could "start over." As if. The only thing she wanted to do with him was break his jaw for even looking at her.

"I would read with my dad all the time until my parents separated, the way he read brought the story to life and I loved it." She paused before continuing. "I don't really talk with him much anymore, things are a bit complicated between him and I. The reason I continue to come back and keep reading though... It's kind of like a mental break. It's like I'm suddenly in this new world and I don't have to worry about whats really going on for the next couple hours, I'm free to just experience this new world and enjoy it without any consequences." She laughed a little, feeling a bit awkward. Had she been a little too honest? It was the truth though, reading helped her when she was feeling lonely or stressed. "That's a weird reason isn't it? I'm not the best at explaining things."
Roman Ishida

Mood: Relaxed

Activity: Walking with Mal to get a book

Objective: Purchase a copy of a book, enjoy his day, and converse with Mal

Roman raised a brow in interest when Mal said that she'd let him borrow her book. While that would be a nice gesture, he wouldn't be able to forgive himself if something were to happen to it. His face turned a soft pink when she thanked him for it, luckily it wasn't anything too noticeable though. "It didn't cross my mind at the time that you would've let me borrow it. If I hadn't already put up a pickup notice on the book, I would definitely accept that offer, and you're welcome." He said, placing his hands in his pockets. There was that nice silence for a moment until he had asked about what got her into reading. With that question, it had become evident to him that maybe he got her to remember something she didn't want to remember. He was going to tell her that she didn't have to answer it, but before he could even gather the words in his mind to form that statement she was speaking.

As he listened to what Mal had to say, he was able to learn a bit more about her. Even a bit more about her past. Only made him realize how similar they were. Roman wasn't on good terms with his father, regardless of him being present in his life still. Their relationship was completely stretched to its breaking point, as Roman still to this day hasn't managed to hear good things from his father. That was beside the point though. He wasn't going to focus on his father when he was busy doing something else that didn't involve him at all. It wouldn't be fair to himself, nor would it be fair to Mal if he was to become lost in thought while she talked to him. When she stated that her relationship with her father was complicated, Roman nodded. He knew what that was like all too well, even if it was an entirely different situation for the two of them.

Once Mal finished telling Roman what got her into reading, he smiled a bit. "It's not a weird reason. It's actually a pretty common one. It's the same reason I read a lot. To help clear my head up so I can think clearly. Especially when I was a child. My mother was the reason I got into reading... I'm almost certain that my father didn't and still doesn't approve of me, and when he would finish belittling me about even the smallest things, my mother would read me stories. Stories about heroes and whatnot. She always would tell me that there was so much I could accomplish in life just like the heroes in the stories." Chuckling a little bit, Roman came to a pause before continuing, "So just like you, I read to escape. To free myself from the things my dad say to me." Roman then looked at Mal and smiled. "Eventually I won't need books to escape him. I'll be able to do as I please. Free from the judgment... You know?" He asked Mal, his smile still remaining.

Last edited:
Roman Ishida

Mood: Relaxed

Activity: Walking with Mal to get a book

Objective: Purchase a copy of a book, enjoy his day, and converse with Mal

Roman raised a brow in interest when Mal said that she'd let him borrow her book. While that would be a nice gesture, he wouldn't be able to forgive himself if something were to happen to it. His face turned a soft pink when she thanked him for it, luckily it wasn't anything too noticeable though. "It didn't cross my mind at the time that you would've let me borrow it. If I hadn't already put up a pickup notice on the book, I would definitely accept that offer, and you're welcome." He said, placing his hands in his pockets. There was that nice silence for a moment until he had asked about what got her into reading. With that question, it had become evident to him that maybe he got her to remember something she didn't want to remember. He was going to tell her that she didn't have to answer it, but before he could even gather the words in his mind to form that statement she was speaking.

As he listened to what Mal had to say, he was able to learn a bit more about her. Even a bit more about her past. Only made him realize how similar they were. Roman wasn't on good terms with his father, regardless of him being present in his life still. Their relationship was completely stretched to its breaking point, as Roman still to this day hasn't managed to hear good things from his father. That was beside the point though. He wasn't going to focus on his father when he was busy doing something else that didn't involve him at all. It wouldn't be fair to himself, nor would it be fair to Mal if he was to become lost in thought while she talked to him. When she stated that her relationship with her father was complicated, Roman nodded. He knew what that was like all too well, even if it was an entirely different situation for the two of them.

Once Mal finished telling Roman what got her into reading, he smiled a bit. "It's not a weird reason. It's actually a pretty common one. It's the same reason I read a lot. To help clear my head up so I can think clearly. Especially when I was a child. My mother was the reason I got into reading... I'm almost certain that my father didn't and still doesn't approve of me, and when he would finish belittling me about even the smallest things, my mother would read me stories. Stories about heroes and whatnot. She always would tell me that there was so much I could accomplish in life just like the heroes in the stories." Chuckling a little bit, Roman came to a pause before continuing, "So just like you, I read to escape. To free myself from the things my dad say to me." Roman then looked at Mal and smiled. "Eventually I won't need books to escape him. I'll be able to do as I please. Free from the judgment... You know?" He asked Mal, his smile still remaining.
fd0c2b793c9d1f20d3317e701228adee.jpg

Mal Mizushima

Mal couldn't bring herself to look at him after she spoke, unsure of how he'd react to what she had said. Her attention shot over to him once he started speaking though, her previous worries immediately disappearing. So he read for a reason similiar to hers? That was a bit comforting. It was nice to meet someone she could relate to, made her feel less abnormal then everyone else. Mal listened intently as he talked about his parents. It must've been hard to have someone who was supposed to care for you belittle you like that, she respected Roman for being so strong about it, she couldn't imagine what it felt like. She was on the fortunate side when it came to who she was raised by, she knew that much. If only her dad wasn't such an idiot.

"Yeah, I do." Mal smiled, looking over to him and immediately feeling better then before thanks to his words. She knew what it was like to want to be free from the judgment, the judgment of her peers. Its been years since it was revealed that people like her existed but since she had demon blood in her they assumed she was bad, she knew she wasn't, but hearing it over and over was starting to get to her despite her efforts to ignore them. Honestly, it was like they wanted her to actually be this big bad demon that wanted everyone to fear her. Part of her wondered if Roman had heard anything that had been spread about her, but seeing how he was acting now he either didn't or was one of the smart ones who didn't believe stupid things like that. "I can totally seeing you being a hero though, you have the whole cool demeanor and kind personality going for you already. All you need is some bad guys to fight and you're good." She joked a bit, looking both ways before they crossed a street.​

4fef36283ced0e64e9bfc7395a87795f.gif
Alejandro Moretti

Mood: Relaxed / Calm

Activity: Preparing to order some food

Objective: Get some food and spend time with Astrid

Every fiber of Alejandro's being wanted to ask one million questions about Astrid's last mission, but it was something he had always done, and he figured maybe if he didn't do it this time, they'd actually be able to enjoy a night over some food and whatever the hell was gonna be on tv tonight. He couldn't help it that he cared so much about what happened to her when she was away, but in a way, he could see where she was coming from. It kind of made it seem like he was always breathing down her back, and being overprotective. They're both adults and they very well know the dangers that come with being an Inquisitor. They wouldn't have signed up for the job if they didn't. When she wrapped her arms around him, he smiled a bright smile, wrapping his arm around her as he leaned back into the couch a bit to relax. "I'm a sight for sore eyes?" He asked laughing a little bit. "Just knowing you were coming back so early made me happy. I know it may not have sounded like that over the phone, but trust me, I am." Roman said, leaning in and pecking Astrid on the cheek.

They then ended up on the main topic: food. They had originally planned to go out and get something, but things had ended up complicating their plans, so they decided to order something, but then they were unsure of what to even get. Furrowing his brow and rubbing his chin with his free hand, Alejandro thought, thinking between pizza and Chinese. He hadn't had a pizza in a while, so if he was being honest, when she mentioned it, it caught his attention. "I'm gonna have to go with pizza. Pepperoni of course." He then took out his phone, going to his app and placing an order for two pizzas. "I'll pay for them. I was thinking two pizzas, but if you want more just say so." Alejandro said, waving his phone in his hand before going back to placing the order. "On the other hand, mind talking about the last mission some more? I promise I won't be all overdramatic and whatnot. I'm curious about what you were up against... Especially since the cops here in Seattle can't handle what the Roundtable calls us in for." Alejandro continued to tap on his phone as he spoke, still placing the order, selecting toppings for the pizzas.

YDaIf7t.png

tumblr_inline_o07wbamDUr1t91gva_500.gif

Astrid was honestly surprised that Alejandro hadn't mentioned the mission the moment he walked in the door. There was no doubt that their jobs were an important part of their lives, and their lives together. It was a talking point between them more often than not. They both loved their job, and each other. But being good at their jobs and the nature of the jobs they were given meant that they were putting their lives on the line with each job, and it naturally caused worry between them. Astrid would be lying if she wasn't worried for Alejandro every time he was given a job, but she never really badgered him about it unless he was gone for a really long time or came home extremely injured. Even then, she didn't want to push it and would rather him talk about it if he wanted to. She knew Alejandro wasn't the most open of people all the time, she wasn't either. Plus, you see some messed up stuff in their line of work. It was why they were called in to take care of things when nobody else could. It wasn't always easy to talk about things. That being said, Astrid was kind of glad he wasn't badgering her with questions at the moment. Last night's job tuckered her out way more than she had expected.

It was always nice to actually get to spend time with Alejandro. Sometimes it felt like their schedules never let them meet. Jobs would last longer than expected or would overlap, and it was tough to see each other as often as they wanted. So being here with him and having the entire rest of the day to spend with him sounded like a dream, especially after the job she just had. As Alejandro wrapped his arms around her, she snuggled up against his chest, fully relaxing for the first time since she returned home. Being as beat up as she was, it was nice to feel like she was in a comfortable place to feel vulnerable enough to actually relax. With Alejandro around, she could do that. "Yes, a sight for sore eyes. Its always nice to look at such a handsome man." She smiled up at him before moving as he grabbed his phone. He decided on pizza, using his phone to order via their mobile app. The eases of today's day and age always amazed her, and this was no exception. "You're getting pepperoni? I mean, that sounds fine by me, but if you want two pizzas, I wouldn't mind a plain cheese too. Simple sounds nice." Her job over the last day wasn't really all that simple, or at least her target was, she didn't need anything more complicated today.

She glanced over at him as he asked about her job, exhaling out a sort of sigh. She knew it was going to come, just not necessarily while ordering food on his phone and not even looking at her. The fact that he seemed pretty nonchalant about it and and was outwardly declaring he wouldn't get overdramatic didn't escape her, so she did feel a bit better about it. "Right. Of course." She started, adjusting herself on the couch to face him better. She winced as she did this, kind of forgetting about her ribs. She made a mental note to get that checked out at a doctor sometime in the next day or so. "It was a typical mission, assess the threat and determine the appropriate action. The target was some lady who was using necromancy and wouldn't stop despite multiple warnings. I went there, and got into a bit of a fight that lasted a lot longer than I expected. I miiiight have just knocked down the front door, but I've never been one for sneaking around, so she might have been able to fight me head on from the start. Ended up taking her down, as I always do, but..." her voice faltered for a moment, deciding how she wanted to finish the story. Deciding that honesty was the best policy in this moment, she continued. "She was tough. Definitely a target worthy of an Inquisitor. She did a number on me, and I won't lie, I'm in pretty rough shape. Probably gonna have to hit up a doctor tomorrow to get myself checked out, or at least my ribs. I think a few might be fractured, and there's probably other things too. The lady worked with lots of chemicals too that I didn't really bother to look all that much into. So, that's why I changed plans to a night in, I don't think I'd be able to go out in public right now." Astrid gave a dry laugh, dropping her gaze to multitude of cuts and bruises she could see on her arms and legs. "I'll be alright of course, just probably gonna need a bit of rest until my next job." So, there was that. Everything about her latest job was out in the open, and the ball was in Alejandro's court now.

Extra Info

Mood:
Tired

Talking with Alejandro

Objective:

fd0c2b793c9d1f20d3317e701228adee.jpg

Mal Mizushima

Mal couldn't bring herself to look at him after she spoke, unsure of how he'd react to what she had said. Her attention shot over to him once he started speaking though, her previous worries immediately disappearing. So he read for a reason similiar to hers? That was a bit comforting. It was nice to meet someone she could relate to, made her feel less abnormal then everyone else. Mal listened intently as he talked about his parents. It must've been hard to have someone who was supposed to care for you belittle you like that, she respected Roman for being so strong about it, she couldn't imagine what it felt like. She was on the fortunate side when it came to who she was raised by, she knew that much. If only her dad wasn't such an idiot.

"Yeah, I do." Mal smiled, looking over to him and immediately feeling better then before thanks to his words. She knew what it was like to want to be free from the judgment, the judgment of her peers. Its been years since it was revealed that people like her existed but since she had demon blood in her they assumed she was bad, she knew she wasn't, but hearing it over and over was starting to get to her despite her efforts to ignore them. Honestly, it was like they wanted her to actually be this big bad demon that wanted everyone to fear her. Part of her wondered if Roman had heard anything that had been spread about her, but seeing how he was acting now he either didn't or was one of the smart ones who didn't believe stupid things like that. "I can totally seeing you being a hero though, you have the whole cool demeanor and kind personality going for you already. All you need is some bad guys to fight and you're good." She joked a bit, looking both ways before they crossed a street.​
large.png
Roman Ishida
Interacting w/: Mal Mizushma | Luna Malveaux Luna Malveaux

Mood: Relaxed / Happy

Activity: Walking to the bookstore with Mal

Objective: Get a copy of Brave New World and enjoy his day

Roman usually didn't talk about his father, but it was only fair that he did since Mal had just told him about her's. Their fathers weren't perfect and while no one is perfect, they could have at least been better. The actions of people like them really leave bad marks on their kids. Messes them up really bad. Roman didn't care though. He knew what he was going to have to do. He was either going to prove to his father that he is far beyond what he sees. That he is strong. That the weaknesses his father seem to pinpoint within him aren't true. Once he did that, he was going to leave. Go somewhere that he knows his father wouldn't follow him. Then he'll focus on bettering himself for himself and no one else. While he'd love to do that here at home, he didn't think it'd be a wise idea to stay in the place he had come to hate thanks to that man.

"I wish I didn't have to say that, but yeah... One of my few dreams is to lead a life of peace. And getting away from that is how I plan to do it." Roman said, chuckling a bit. It was nice to hear that she understood how he felt, and she must've felt the same way about him understanding what she went through and how it felt and how it feels to be judged so brutally by those around. That goes for both close and those who aren't close to you. When Mal mentioned that Roman would make a good superhero, he simply laughed. Maybe he would, but it wasn't for him. Something about him being a hero didn't even sit well with himself. "Maybe... I think I'd rather live a normal life though... The simple life. With a wife and kid or something. I don't know." Roman shrugged his shoulders as he spoke. "Strangely enough, while I may want that, I'm not even sure if I'm capable of getting it, but everyone doesn't see me the way I see myself. Maybe someone would be willing to put up with me." He said, a nervous chuckle escaping his mouth as the two of them crossed the street and continued down the next. "I commend whoever that woman may be though."

61b0fa9ed89864c048c2415ed0d702fc0d97a754_00.gif

Allen Ashikaga
Interacting with: Nona Nona

Why exactly did Allen agree to come here again? He couldn't remember, but he knew it wasn't hard to convince him to go somewhere if someone was pushy enough so he couldn't blame anyone but himself. Even if he was surrounded by a couple friends, he couldn't brush aside his nervousness that he felt due to the few new faces. That was how he found himself seated near the edge of the table, sipping on his alcoholic beverage. He'd been nursing the same drink the entire time he was here, he only wanted a light buzz considering he still had to make his way back to the dorm himself. "Hey Al, have you seen Danny?" One of his friends piped in, his arm draped loosely across another boys shoulders. Allen took a glance around, expertly avoiding having to look at anyone for more than a second before turning back to his friend. "I think he left already, pretty sure he has work." He responded. "Huh. Well, thanks." And with that his buddy was gone to get more drinks, leaving Allen by himself with the new people who would occasionally direct part of the conversation towards him. He'd rather just listen.

His attention shifted when he saw someone approaching the table, thinking it was his friend and opening his mouth to say something. His gaze immediately shot back down to his drink and he pressed his lips together when he realized it was a completely different person, thankful one of the girls at the table had gotten the girls attention before he had. Noticing her take the empty seat next to him he listened as the conversation shifted back to normal. He jumped when he felt someone grab his shoulder and lean in, "You should talk to her, she's pretty cool." Allen turned and watched his friend walk away, giving him a wink and a thumbs up. huh? It didn't exactly surprise him, his friend had tried to make him branch out before, and he was usually good at choosing people he would find easier to talk to. Albeit nervous, Allen turned and looked at the girl. "Uhm, H-Hey." He cringed as his voiced cracked, his face visibly turning a light shade of pink. If I could just die now that'd be great, thanks.

• Ilaani Nikolaev •

ilaani2019-jpg.541040

She was folding up her jacket just listening to the rest of the group joke and chatter when she had heard a quiet sounding 'hey' to the side of her. With a voice she didn't recognise. Blinking a few times she turned her gaze to the source letting an audible "Oh?" The source of the voice being a nervous looking guy that she had sat next to without much thought before doing so. It was a spare seat so she took it. He obviously wasn't in her classes so she guessed he must have just been a friend of someone else in the group...and if her hunch was correct, a shy one at that. She tilted her head slightly and smiled at him "Hey!" She answered back in a friendly tone. No reason to be impolite right? He was just greeting he after all. Before she could say anything else she was tapped on the shoulder, her attention snatched away "You taking a drink? I'm going up anyways" Ilaani's friend had asked as Ilaani shrugged her shoulders, looking over her shoulder towards the bar for a moment "Nah. I'm good" she answered "Still?" Her friend replied leaning back a little "Staying sober means I get to witness and remember you all acting like idiots in full detail" she joked with another smile. Though that was only part of the reason. Being someone who actually couldn't get drunk because of her abilities and being someone who the taste of the stuff in the first place. She felt it was a waste of time for her, she didn't feel the need to voice that either. In response to her answer about drinks her friend just rolled her eyes with a laugh "Rude!" she said jokingly sticking out her tongue "Anyways, I'll be back in a bit~" as she walked off towards the bar.

With two less people at the table for now Ilaani rested her head in her hand for a moment before immediately turning her attention back to the guy sitting next to her. She flashed a smile at him once her gaze had caught him again "Ilaani." she said, using a hand to gesture to herself "It's nice to meet you" She added. When tilted her head ever so slightly "Unless we've already met and I've just forgotten...I haven't seen you at any of the other class meet ups..." she paused "Or well. The ones I've been to anyways...I think" she trailed off wondering if she had just been unobservant...which would have been a little embarrassing.

• More Info •

Mood:
Mood

Objective:
Meet up with friends

Interacting with:
Allen Ashikaga

Tags:
Luna Malveaux Luna Malveaux

• Character Sheet •

large.png
Roman Ishida
Interacting w/: Mal Mizushma | Luna Malveaux Luna Malveaux

Mood: Relaxed / Happy

Activity: Walking to the bookstore with Mal

Objective: Get a copy of Brave New World and enjoy his day

Roman usually didn't talk about his father, but it was only fair that he did since Mal had just told him about her's. Their fathers weren't perfect and while no one is perfect, they could have at least been better. The actions of people like them really leave bad marks on their kids. Messes them up really bad. Roman didn't care though. He knew what he was going to have to do. He was either going to prove to his father that he is far beyond what he sees. That he is strong. That the weaknesses his father seem to pinpoint within him aren't true. Once he did that, he was going to leave. Go somewhere that he knows his father wouldn't follow him. Then he'll focus on bettering himself for himself and no one else. While he'd love to do that here at home, he didn't think it'd be a wise idea to stay in the place he had come to hate thanks to that man.

"I wish I didn't have to say that, but yeah... One of my few dreams is to lead a life of peace. And getting away from that is how I plan to do it." Roman said, chuckling a bit. It was nice to hear that she understood how he felt, and she must've felt the same way about him understanding what she went through and how it felt and how it feels to be judged so brutally by those around. That goes for both close and those who aren't close to you. When Mal mentioned that Roman would make a good superhero, he simply laughed. Maybe he would, but it wasn't for him. Something about him being a hero didn't even sit well with himself. "Maybe... I think I'd rather live a normal life though... The simple life. With a wife and kid or something. I don't know." Roman shrugged his shoulders as he spoke. "Strangely enough, while I may want that, I'm not even sure if I'm capable of getting it, but everyone doesn't see me the way I see myself. Maybe someone would be willing to put up with me." He said, a nervous chuckle escaping his mouth as the two of them crossed the street and continued down the next. "I commend whoever that woman may be though."
636f62930659bb7e26e9acae7adade90.jpg

Mal Mizushima

A life of peace, huh. Part of Mal wondered if that were possible for her. Could she escape the judgment from her schoolmates and the people around her and live such a life? Maybe if she went somewhere far away and started over with her mom and brother, but she couldn't possibly ask that of them, right? Her mom was currently seeing somebody and had been the happiest she'd been in quite a while, and her brother was surrounded by a ton of friends that cared about him. She couldn't be selfish and ask for something like that when she was the only one struggling out of them all, could she? Her mom always said that she was smart, she'd just have to figure things out for herself, do what it is that truly made her happy without bothering them. No matter what.

Mal looked over at him as he talked, finding what he was saying interesting. "I think people are capable of getting what they put their mind to. If you want a simple life, as long as you put in the effort, you can get it." She stated, looking back in front of them. "From what I've seen so far, I don't think you'll have much trouble finding someone willing to have that life with you. Ah, I don't mean that as in you're easy to get or anything, or a pushover, I meant that you seem like a good guy and any girl that is willing to put it in the time could see that." She let out a nervous laugh, afraid she might've offended him. "A simple life.... I see what you mean, though I think I'd at least want something a little more than that. I'm not exactly sure what I want to be honest, just something that I can look at and be proud of."

• Ilaani Nikolaev •

ilaani2019-jpg.541040

She was folding up her jacket just listening to the rest of the group joke and chatter when she had heard a quiet sounding 'hey' to the side of her. With a voice she didn't recognise. Blinking a few times she turned her gaze to the source letting an audible "Oh?" The source of the voice being a nervous looking guy that she had sat next to without much thought before doing so. It was a spare seat so she took it. He obviously wasn't in her classes so she guessed he must have just been a friend of someone else in the group...and if her hunch was correct, a shy one at that. She tilted her head slightly and smiled at him "Hey!" She answered back in a friendly tone. No reason to be impolite right? He was just greeting he after all. Before she could say anything else she was tapped on the shoulder, her attention snatched away "You taking a drink? I'm going up anyways" Ilaani's friend had asked as Ilaani shrugged her shoulders, looking over her shoulder towards the bar for a moment "Nah. I'm good" she answered "Still?" Her friend replied leaning back a little "Staying sober means I get to witness and remember you all acting like idiots in full detail" she joked with another smile. Though that was only part of the reason. Being someone who actually couldn't get drunk because of her abilities and being someone who the taste of the stuff in the first place. She felt it was a waste of time for her, she didn't feel the need to voice that either. In response to her answer about drinks her friend just rolled her eyes with a laugh "Rude!" she said jokingly sticking out her tongue "Anyways, I'll be back in a bit~" as she walked off towards the bar.

With two less people at the table for now Ilaani rested her head in her hand for a moment before immediately turning her attention back to the guy sitting next to her. She flashed a smile at him once her gaze had caught him again "Ilaani." she said, using a hand to gesture to herself "It's nice to meet you" She added. When tilted her head ever so slightly "Unless we've already met and I've just forgotten...I haven't seen you at any of the other class meet ups..." she paused "Or well. The ones I've been to anyways...I think" she trailed off wondering if she had just been unobservant...which would have been a little embarrassing.

• More Info •

Mood:
Mood

Objective:
Meet up with friends

Interacting with:
Allen Ashikaga

Tags:
Luna Malveaux Luna Malveaux

• Character Sheet •

2dfa43d19e2eecc9d91e41a5d0ef044983d6521e_00.gif

Allen Ashikaga
Interacting with: Nona Nona

Allen was a bit relieved when somebody else captured her attention, he hadn't thought of what to say after greeting her so he was spared from trying to come up with something. He blinked a bit when a drink was held out towards him, looking up and seeing his friend again, "Er, I didn't ask for anything?" He said, a bit confused. His friend just laughed, "I know but c'mon, let loose a bit, just for today?" His friend said, doing his best at attempting a pout and batting his eyes. Allen just stared at him before taking the drink in his hand and sighing, "No more after this one, I still have to drive home" He stated before taking a small drink. It wasn't bad, there was no way he was going to be able to drink the whole thing though.

He watched his friend walk off to greet someone else, turning to listen back in on the conversation at his table. Except it seemed the other two had disappeared off somewhere, so it was just him and the girl he tried talking to just a bit ago. He was a bit startled to see her smiling at him though, listening as she told him her name. "Ah, I-I'm Allen, it's nice to meet you too." He scratched his cheek a bit. "I d-don't think we've met before, I don't usually come to these things, I'm not great at meeting new people." He let out a nervous laugh, taking a drink to try and calm his nerves. "Uhm, do you? Come to meetups like these often, I mean."

Seraphina

mood: Curious, Ecstatic

Seraphina huffed as he put the car in park. Was he going to try and kick her out again? Well at least he slowed down this time. Progress!

Seraphina turned toward him in her seat, smiling with the full expectancy of bonding and questions and hugs and admittance of wrong doings. Also him FINALLY telling her his name. These were the things Seraphina was expecting… not him saying be useful and pass the laptop bag.

She reached for it and handed it over, her head tilting. “What is it? What's it for? ALSO… What. Is. Your. NAME?” She pronounced every world slowly and Name a little louder, crossing her arms in a huff. Gosh, she had more questions for this guy than he had for her. UGH.

“And of course I’m gunna stick around! Don’t you wanna know wwwhhhy?” She grinned clapping her hands. “Don’t you wanna know moooore?”

Seraphina was used to her charged having a million billion questions for her. Why didn't he? She was 100% certain he hadn't had a guardian before, guardians not being able to leave you until your heart is on a different course. But he didn't seem phased by her. Why the frick wasn't he PHASED?!

"Why the frick aren't you phased?!" She huffed out, before clapping her hands over her mouth. "I didn't mean to say a potty word... Ugh. I just... ASK me some questions. I like that part. I LOVE the getting to know you part. It's like... the best part."

codedbycrucialstar
Eld
Eld snorted slightly as he took the bag from the girl and placed it to his left side before leaning forwards and shutting off and closing the vents to the heater. Turning his back to the girl, his back obscuring everything he was doing, occasionally a small tink of class could be heard, these tinks of glass covered up the sound of the car doors locking. After about 10 seconds, he finally turned back around, a thick plasticy gas mask covering his face and the quiet pop of glass shattering as a lick of magical flame dissipated from his hand, the car quickly filling up with a thick red powdery smoke. Made from the ground horn of an incubus, the gas could incapacitate almost any spiritual beings, sapping their strength and causing most of them to fall unconscious. Not watching or really caring how long it took the girl to pass out, he knew it wouldnt be long. Throwing the car into gear, he pulled back onto the the road and began driving down the still empty street. Noticing the car was distinctly more quiet. Looking over, he saw the girl slumped over, passed out cold in the seat. Stopping at the next light, he buckled her up and cracked the windows and turned back on the heaters as the airflow caused the red smoke to dissipate. By the time he made it to the busy main road once again, the car had cleared and he had removed the mask. The gas overall was rather harmless in that it didn't cause any physical abnormalities or other issues, but in many other situations couldn't have been used for that purpose without them being in such a closed area with limited airflow, i.e. the car. With the amount of gas he had used, the girl should wake up in about an hour.

Turning on to the interstate back to Seattle, Eld had a rather pleasent drive back on the crowded streets. It took him a while to get back, a bit longer than usual do to traffic with him reaching his home in a bit on the southern side of Seattle in about 45 minutes due to the rush hour traffic. Pulling up outside the normal looking appartment building he lived in, he picked up the girl in a princess style carry, one arm under her legs, and the other on their back under their wings, laptop bag around his wrist, he pulled her out of the car and walked inside the building, ignoring a few quizzical looks from some passerbys, but no one said anything. Walking through the modern lobby, he hit the up button for the elevator and waited patiently for the elevator to descend. As he waited, an elderly grandmotherly looking type lady walked next to him and asked quizzically, “Your new girlfriend Eld? I would think you would go for a bit less goody-two-shoes looking type.” giving a small chortle in response, Eld shook his head as the elevator arrived and they both stepped on to the elevator, the elderly lady hitting the button for the 6th floor. As the elevator began to rise, Eld opened his mouth to speak. “No Ms. Parker, this is the daughter of a close friend. She decided to play around with some demon drugs and made a few mistakes being related to angels. I'm gonna flush then from her system for him and wake her up.” Ms. Parker gave a slight nod as she pulled an old fashioned magic wand from her purse “I can always use a spell or two to help revitalize them if you want sweetie.” Shaking his head, Eld smiled slightly as he declined. “No Ms. Parker, it's probably best she be asleep right now. The detox won't exactly be pleasant.” Her eyes widening slightly, Ms. Parker gave a quiet remark of oh my and as the elevator came to a stop, dinged, and the doors opened. Both of the pair stepped of the elevator and walked down the hall, about half way, and turned away to their respective doors. Calmly setting the girl on the ground, Eld fished his appartment key out of his bag and unlocked his door to reveal a clean appartment while he looked back and waved goodbye to Ms. Parker as she opened the door to her appartment revealing satanic sigils and pentagrams scralled all across the floor. Smiling she chirped up. “Oh sweetie, I might need your help in cleaning up a bit if you have the time later!” Giving a slight smile, Eld nodded his head and picked the girl up off the ground and walked into the appartment, shutting the door behind him. The appartment was fairly normal and modern, with most of it looking like it came from Ikea, separated into 3 distinct rooms and a tiny balcony with an assortment of strange looking plants and planters.The first was the large living area and kitchen they were currently in, it included a large couch In the center on a carpeted floor which Eld proceeded to dump the girl on to, the TV against the wall facing the couch, and a nice little assortment of gaming devices, and movies. Tucked into the corner was a rather nice computer and desk, which showed fairly regular usage. And against the opposite wall was a small kitchen nook that showed… semi regular usage. After the living space was the bedroom, connected by a short hallway. Inside was a simple queen sized bed, a dresser, and very little decoration, a small bathroom, and just a few more potted plants. Lastly was what looked like was once an office space that Eld had converted into an Alchemical factory. It was rather messy and too intricate to describe in short detail, with various pipes and liquids sliding through various tubes holding things in what looked like a delicate balance. Outside of the complex makeshift lab, everything else in the apartment was extraordinarily neat and clean. Noticing he had a text on his now silent phone, Eld took a glance at it and sighed. He had forgotten that was today. There went any short term plans of relaxing for the day. Pulling off his shirt and revealing a surprisingly toned body, Eld walked to the bedroom and threw his shirt in a clothes hamper before striping down. Walking to the bed, he leaned down and pulled out a long person length thin box. Opening the box revealed a rather nice suit which he started to put on, and underneat it, a ballistic vest. Putting on the ballistic vest under his undershirt, he finished adjusting his tie before walking to the dresser and opening the top left drawer. Inside was a large .45 AMT Hardballer and a pair of magazines. Even though guns certainly weren't what Eld ever preferred to use in a fight, having something disposable to use was rather nice. Especially this particular one, with no factory markings, and no history. Guns like these were expensive, but certainly not hard for someone with Elds connections to get. Stuffing the firearm and the magazines into a concealed holster on his back, Eld walked back to the box and took something out before finally walking through the living space and into the lab where he grabbed a locked brief case and walked back into the living space, for a minute examining the other thing he held in his hands finally as if deciding on something he acted. Kicking the Girl who was thrown across the couch's foot, he said “you should be waking up about now. I'm going out. If you're going to follow me, wear this.” Throwing what he held in his hands on the table. It was a fierce looking, yet aged Japanese noh Oni mask with thick black hood attached. Once worn, it would obscure all of the wearers facial features, and it was something Eld had once worn before he had made a name for himself, but he had since taken other measures. With that, Eld began to walk towards the door with the briefcase in hand, his laptop bag slung over his shoulder.

Seraphina

mood: Groggy, curious

outfit: Angelic white dress/Uniform

Seraphina grumbled in her seat as the weirdo with the bag turned away from her, tinkering with something she just couldn’t see. “What are you doing? Why are you soooo weird???” She huffed, crossing her arms in a pout as she slouched in her seat, tapping her foot in annoyance. Movement from the corner of her eye caught her attention and she turned around to see him in a gas mask. Oh that was funny. He thought he could gas and kill her? No mortal weapon could hurt her. Sera started to laugh before...she...started feeling… weird. Wh..what? N-no… she..what was that?!

“Wh..what the… fri..ck is..” She slumped over, sleeping from the incubus knockout gas. Damn that horny demon.
Sera looked around her, clouds for miles and miles, other Angels milling about. Was she… was she…

“I’m home..” Seraphina whispered, tears forming in her eyes. She ran forward, seeing a bunch of her old friends gathered in a circle around one of the many monitors in the central workplace. Here they could monitor field agents, Angel’s who were trying to turn human souls down on earth.

“Michael! Hairel! Evangeline! Ariel! Harper!” She called out the names of her friends, racing as fast as her gold sandaled feet would carry her. The five Angels turned around, their faces a mask of disappointment.

“You let us down Seraphina.” Michael said softly.

“What do you think you’re doing, letting those souls in here?” Hairel spat out, crossing his arms.

“I’m going to miss you so much Sera…” Evangeline whimpered, putting her face into Ariel’s shoulder as she cried. Ariel said nothing, her gaze pinning Sera to the spot like a bug.

Harper took a step to the side, showing her the monitor. “Look Seraphina… Look. Look at your new home. You love the humans so much?”

They all turned their gaze on her, each different, each heartbreaking. Ariel’s and Hairel’s anger. Michael’s and Evanglines sadness. And Harpers disapproval.

“Then go live with them!” They all screamed at her, the force of their voices knocking Seraphina to the ground. She started sinking through the clouds, her Angelicness fading, her form growing too mortal for the heavenly clouds to hold. She reached for them, for her friends, for the people she had cried, laughed, and grown up with. “Help me!”

“Help them!” They all shouted again. She sank some more, her form half submerged in the clouds. “NO! No! Help me! Help me! I want to stay! I want to stay!”

Harper was the only one who stepped forward, her golden eyes disarming. “If you prove yourself worthy of redemption… maybe. But I doubt any mortal sin will ever wash away your own Seraphina. You betrayed your home,” Seraphina sunk with every sentence as Harper leaned in closer and closer. “You betrayed our mission.” Sink.

“And worst of all… you betrayed your family.” Just her face remained as she clung with one hand to her home, her body dangling so high in the sky above the world, the human plane. “You can’t stay here. Seraphina…” Harper grabbed her hand, pulling her up so she could whisper in her ear. “You’re just not good enough.” And then the Angel fell.

She fell and she fell, her eyes upward, not seeing her home anywhere in the sky. Her body hit the floor of an ancient temple, the floor cracking from her impact. Yet she said nothing. She lay there, staring up and sobbing until some strange humans… saying they were from a Roundtable showed up...

Ding!

Seraphina groggily murmured, trying to open her eyes, her body trying to heal herself from the poison, but it wasn’t having any luck. Where was she? She could hear someone talking… a woman… an elevator? Was she in an elevator… Suddenly she was weightless until she hit something… was she on the floor? The couch? Seraphina groaned, her eyes barely opening as she looked around. Where had that weirdo with no beardo taken her? She thought she heard movement and then suddenly she was kicked.

“Ouch!” She opened her eyes, rolling over to try and shakily push herself up on her hands and knees. Her wings pulsed on her back, stretching out in agitation. “Wh..what the frick did you do to me?”

“You should be waking up about now. I'm going out.” Probaby to do some awful stuff. Seraphina sat up on her back legs, kneeling as she looked at the fabric in front of her It was a weird mask with a hood. Strange. “If you're going to follow me, wear this.” Of course she was going to follow him. She stood up, her wings stretching out this and that way to help steady her.

“Why do I need to wear this? Trust me, I don’t need protection from the mortals you probably deal with. Honestly I’m surprised you had a poison that affected me. Like oh my god that was sooo trippy. And rude! You didn’t need to drug me weirdo! You just made yourself look even more pervy drugging a young girl.” She huffed, following him out of the door. “If you’re worried about the whole, looks like an Angel thing don’t even worry about it.”

As she spoke, her wings shot inside of her body, her clothes changing back to her school uniform. She patted her crazy looking hair and made it nice and neat again. “Ta Da!” She still had the mask in her hand but honestly… it was going to make her hair look sooo messed up if she put it on and then took it off. No. Thank. You.

“Where are we going now anyways? Are you sure you even want to go there.” She hadn’t been using ANY of her guardian powers on him so far, Seraphina believing that was kind of rude without a true bond. But he was being waaay too stubborn. She needed some kind of edge on just what was going through his head. And seeing just HOW made up his mind was on this path was a good place to start.

codedbycrucialstar

YDaIf7t.png

tumblr_inline_o07wbamDUr1t91gva_500.gif

Astrid was honestly surprised that Alejandro hadn't mentioned the mission the moment he walked in the door. There was no doubt that their jobs were an important part of their lives, and their lives together. It was a talking point between them more often than not. They both loved their job, and each other. But being good at their jobs and the nature of the jobs they were given meant that they were putting their lives on the line with each job, and it naturally caused worry between them. Astrid would be lying if she wasn't worried for Alejandro every time he was given a job, but she never really badgered him about it unless he was gone for a really long time or came home extremely injured. Even then, she didn't want to push it and would rather him talk about it if he wanted to. She knew Alejandro wasn't the most open of people all the time, she wasn't either. Plus, you see some messed up stuff in their line of work. It was why they were called in to take care of things when nobody else could. It wasn't always easy to talk about things. That being said, Astrid was kind of glad he wasn't badgering her with questions at the moment. Last night's job tuckered her out way more than she had expected.

It was always nice to actually get to spend time with Alejandro. Sometimes it felt like their schedules never let them meet. Jobs would last longer than expected or would overlap, and it was tough to see each other as often as they wanted. So being here with him and having the entire rest of the day to spend with him sounded like a dream, especially after the job she just had. As Alejandro wrapped his arms around her, she snuggled up against his chest, fully relaxing for the first time since she returned home. Being as beat up as she was, it was nice to feel like she was in a comfortable place to feel vulnerable enough to actually relax. With Alejandro around, she could do that. "Yes, a sight for sore eyes. Its always nice to look at such a handsome man." She smiled up at him before moving as he grabbed his phone. He decided on pizza, using his phone to order via their mobile app. The eases of today's day and age always amazed her, and this was no exception. "You're getting pepperoni? I mean, that sounds fine by me, but if you want two pizzas, I wouldn't mind a plain cheese too. Simple sounds nice." Her job over the last day wasn't really all that simple, or at least her target was, she didn't need anything more complicated today.

She glanced over at him as he asked about her job, exhaling out a sort of sigh. She knew it was going to come, just not necessarily while ordering food on his phone and not even looking at her. The fact that he seemed pretty nonchalant about it and and was outwardly declaring he wouldn't get overdramatic didn't escape her, so she did feel a bit better about it. "Right. Of course." She started, adjusting herself on the couch to face him better. She winced as she did this, kind of forgetting about her ribs. She made a mental note to get that checked out at a doctor sometime in the next day or so. "It was a typical mission, assess the threat and determine the appropriate action. The target was some lady who was using necromancy and wouldn't stop despite multiple warnings. I went there, and got into a bit of a fight that lasted a lot longer than I expected. I miiiight have just knocked down the front door, but I've never been one for sneaking around, so she might have been able to fight me head on from the start. Ended up taking her down, as I always do, but..." her voice faltered for a moment, deciding how she wanted to finish the story. Deciding that honesty was the best policy in this moment, she continued. "She was tough. Definitely a target worthy of an Inquisitor. She did a number on me, and I won't lie, I'm in pretty rough shape. Probably gonna have to hit up a doctor tomorrow to get myself checked out, or at least my ribs. I think a few might be fractured, and there's probably other things too. The lady worked with lots of chemicals too that I didn't really bother to look all that much into. So, that's why I changed plans to a night in, I don't think I'd be able to go out in public right now." Astrid gave a dry laugh, dropping her gaze to multitude of cuts and bruises she could see on her arms and legs. "I'll be alright of course, just probably gonna need a bit of rest until my next job." So, there was that. Everything about her latest job was out in the open, and the ball was in Alejandro's court now.

Extra Info

Mood:
Tired

Talking with Alejandro

Objective:

tumblr_pc8ioyCfdW1xaw45eo5_500.gif
Alejandro Moretti
Interacting w/: Astrid Finchett | Lumina Lumina

Mood: Calm

Activity: Talking with Astrid, ordering pizza

Objective: Spend some time with Astrid and order them some food

With how things were for both of them, Alejandro wasn't going to ask about Astrid's last job just to jump on her for the mistakes she made... Like not taking enough food. While that was something he'd like to comment on, he figured that they should criticize one another less on the work they do. It was a nice change of pace. Well... A change of pace for their usual conversation. Normally he'd listen out for the mistakes she had made, and they'd argue when he called her out on them. Now they may have not argued all the time, but Astrid was his girlfriend and he couldn't stand to see her angry, especially with him. If they were going to talk about it, he was going to talk about it with a positive view this time and listen out for all the good.

When he put his arm around her, and she snuggled up against him, he felt warm. Alejandro liked sitting like this with Astrid. It was always comforting to hold her like this after she or he got back. After all, she was the only person he really talked to that he considered this close to him. He didn't talk much to his parents these days due to how busy his life could get. Didn't mean they were on bad terms, he just didn't have much to talk about and he really didn't them to worry about him so much since his job was so dangerous. Astrid's worry was enough. It was already bad enough that she had to worry anyway. When he heard the word handsome, his cheeks turned pink and he looked at Astrid, "Aww, you always know what to say." He said, jokingly as he playfully hid his face like as he were embarrassed. "You're a sight to see no matter how my eyes are feeling," Alejandro responded, looking back to Astrid with a smile on his face. "I'll get three. One cheese, one pepperoni, and a sausage." Alejandro says as he adds another pizza on to the order, and changing another one to cheese. "There."

As he did this, Astrid began to tell him about her job. Placing his phone down in his lap, he listened, nodding his head to signify that he was listening to her every word. "Huh... Wish I could have been there. Sounds like an interesting fight." He said as she explained the woman's abilities. "Sucks she was uncooperative with the warnings though." He said, placing his hand on his face as she continued. When Astrid stated that she broke down the door, he laughed and shook his head. "Sounds like something only you could get away with. Hell, I could hardly just barge into my own apartment let alone the enemies." He then chuckled some more before she began talking about her injuries. With a nod, he took a look at her. Inspecting her closely. "I could patch you up really quick and then we could head to the doctor tomorrow. I won't force you to go or anything... Unless I have to." Alejandro chuckled and played with a few strands of Astrid's hair, letting them flow through the in-betweens on his fingers. "Anything else happen? You know... Besides the pow." Alejandro placed his other hand to his head, pretending to shoot, talking about how Astrid shot the necromancer in the head.

Mal Mizushima

A life of peace, huh. Part of Mal wondered if that were possible for her. Could she escape the judgment from her schoolmates and the people around her and live such a life? Maybe if she went somewhere far away and started over with her mom and brother, but she couldn't possibly ask that of them, right? Her mom was currently seeing somebody and had been the happiest she'd been in quite a while, and her brother was surrounded by a ton of friends that cared about him. She couldn't be selfish and ask for something like that when she was the only one struggling out of them all, could she? Her mom always said that she was smart, she'd just have to figure things out for herself, do what it is that truly made her happy without bothering them. No matter what.

Mal looked over at him as he talked, finding what he was saying interesting. "I think people are capable of getting what they put their mind to. If you want a simple life, as long as you put in the effort, you can get it." She stated, looking back in front of them. "From what I've seen so far, I don't think you'll have much trouble finding someone willing to have that life with you. Ah, I don't mean that as in you're easy to get or anything, or a pushover, I meant that you seem like a good guy and any girl that is willing to put it in the time could see that." She let out a nervous laugh, afraid she might've offended him. "A simple life.... I see what you mean, though I think I'd at least want something a little more than that. I'm not exactly sure what I want to be honest, just something that I can look at and be proud of."
large.png
Roman Ishida

Mood: Happy / Calm

Activity: Walking with Mal to go and pick up a book

Objective: Enjoy his day

Peace wasn't something too far out of Roman's reach. At least he believed it was something that wasn't out of reach. There was always a part of him that made it seem like it was though, and he'd always try to repress that idea, not for his own sake, but for those around him like his sister and mother... Masahi and Kaori too. They'd prefer he lives the kind of life someone can smile about every rising morning. It's what he'd want for them too. He wouldn't even dare think of what sick and twisted his father wanted him to live. That's one of his biggest reasons he strives for better, to rid himself of that weight that keeps the pressure on his shoulders. The same weight that won't allow for him to progress due to how heavy and stressful it is on him mentally and emotionally. Behind his smile, Roman grit his teeth, annoyed by the fact that he wanted to run away from his life. No one should ever have to wish that, but not everyone was fortunate enough to get that.

As Mal began to explain what she was saying, Roman, chuckled, gently elbowing her on the arm, "Maybe you were calling me a pushover." He joked. He knew that she wasn't, which is why he laughed in the first place. "Thanks, Mal. I can completely understand wanting more, but I'm a very simple person and just a little can bring a smile to my face. I've always hated wanting or asking for too much anyway... I'm honestly incapable of doing so... At least I feel like I am. Some may see it differently and think I'm asking for too much. All depends on who I'm talking to." Roman stated, swinging his umbrella up and letting it rest on his shoulder when it landed there. "As for you, I'm sure one day you'll know exactly what you want and how you'll get it. And when you do, I'm almost certain that you'll be proud of it." He told her as they continued to walk.

Robin - ♦︎ - Human Witch, Uni Student - Tags: Daniel Kim ( @Yushin )

“I’m not flustered!” Robin remarked defiantly, clearly flustered. Her mouth was still grinning though, a clear sign that she had only said so for a comedic effect. She then actually put effort into staying quiet and listening.

At his comment she gave a snort snicker. “Of course, like how witches are clearly more talented than sorcerers or magicians... though I’m unsure if I even know any kitsunes to tell.” The girl moved so that she was sitting with her legs crossed on top of the stool, positioned like someone would be when sitting on the ground. Her arms were straightened out parallel to her body so she was now kind of imitating her cat’s sitting posture from behind the counter.

“Well, that marble certainly seems interesting. You get to name it or something?” She questioned softly. Her head was tilted to the side in curiosity for a moment before she leaned back and shrugged. “‘Suppose that’s a bit off topic, but the term marble of knowledge seems a bit like a mouthful.” Gumiho seemed more elusive than their Japanese counterparts and Robin was far more interested in them since finding out Daniel himself was one. As much as the young witch had bragged to others about knowing all kinds of magical creatures, her studies in technologies and magic were more centred in her mind.

When Daniel brought out the marble in question, Robin peered at it with slight doubt. It appeared almost like a normal marble, though perhaps a bit bigger. She arched an eyebrow upon further explanation of it, cutting in at the pause after the whole “human energy” thing. ”Hmm, try me.” The idea of human energy intrigued the magic-user; her own energy was stemmed from the mana in her veins- normal mortal energy must be from their nutrition though, from what she inferred. Who knew what a magic-user’s energy could be drained from? Ah, except if it drained more than expected it could be dangerous...

Her thought process was immediately shut down at the second addition. “Ah. No. No, never mind. I take that back.” Robin’s glance shifted embarrassingly around to the tables behind her, the tenseness leaving once she was sure no one had been eavesdropping. Finally she looked back to the Gumiho.

“Sheesh, and I thought my ability payoff was bad.” The dark-haired student laughed, half thinking Daniel was just pulling her leg at that point. The comment about her university appeared almost untrue, after all. Then again she had still not been lying. “So there’s nothing else you can do with it aside from... well, that?” There was an amused yet sympathetic expression on her face. “And are there really many situations you’d be forced to use that in?” She was serious with this question, truly wondering just how dangerous his life had been up to this point. If there were any amusing stories he was willing to share, then she wouldn’t technically be opposed to hearing those either.

——————

Hotei - ♠︎ - Cursed Dragon, Rock Shop Owner - Tags: open

Hotei had spent around an hour polishing the crystals currently in his hands, his tongue sticking out from the side of his mouth in concentration. He didn’t often get many visitors- customers or browsers alike- but his hoarding instincts forced him to make each treasure the shiniest he could. The only interruption to his work was the growl that came from his stomach, which caused the redhead to pause and finally stop brushing off a block of fool’s gold with a rock-dust-covered cloth. He set the mineral back down in its display box, stretched his arms with a soft exhale, and then stood up from his previous cross-legged position on the ground.

The dragon shrugged on a thin jacket, not exactly waterproof but enough to keep the rain out. Locking the door and flipping the sign to closed on the way out, Hotei started towards the cafe areas. His eyes flickered indecisively between a few buildings before he finally felt a few more raindrops fall from the sky and he ducked into the closest doorway. Perhaps he’d leave his meal up to date this once.
——————

Theo - ☀︎ - human vampire hunter, bookstore/mythical therapy - tags: open

Despite the time being later than what was normally considered morning, Theo awoke midnoon upon falling right off the side of his bed. In his defense, the setup was pretty much a refurnished, glorified reading bench, meaning that even though there were plenty of pillows and blankets it was still rather small for someone to lay down on. Theodore mentally swore for the fifth time that day that he’d get an actual bed before summer ended, he’d just have to pick up a few more customers.

He quickly brushed his hand through his hair, brushed his teeth, and changed into some day clothes before messily fixing himself a mug of hot chocolate. He sat it down on the front counter to the tiny section of the building that actually looked like a shop before dragging his feet sleepily on the way to the door.

“We’re open!” He called out after shoving it open, yawning shortly after nudging a small statue with his foot to prop the door open. As soon as he got the chance the strawberry blonde curled up in an armchair and took a sip of the warm beverage.

large.png
Roman Ishida

Mood: Happy / Calm

Activity: Walking with Mal to go and pick up a book

Objective: Enjoy his day

Peace wasn't something too far out of Roman's reach. At least he believed it was something that wasn't out of reach. There was always a part of him that made it seem like it was though, and he'd always try to repress that idea, not for his own sake, but for those around him like his sister and mother... Masahi and Kaori too. They'd prefer he lives the kind of life someone can smile about every rising morning. It's what he'd want for them too. He wouldn't even dare think of what sick and twisted his father wanted him to live. That's one of his biggest reasons he strives for better, to rid himself of that weight that keeps the pressure on his shoulders. The same weight that won't allow for him to progress due to how heavy and stressful it is on him mentally and emotionally. Behind his smile, Roman grit his teeth, annoyed by the fact that he wanted to run away from his life. No one should ever have to wish that, but not everyone was fortunate enough to get that.

As Mal began to explain what she was saying, Roman, chuckled, gently elbowing her on the arm, "Maybe you were calling me a pushover." He joked. He knew that she wasn't, which is why he laughed in the first place. "Thanks, Mal. I can completely understand wanting more, but I'm a very simple person and just a little can bring a smile to my face. I've always hated wanting or asking for too much anyway... I'm honestly incapable of doing so... At least I feel like I am. Some may see it differently and think I'm asking for too much. All depends on who I'm talking to." Roman stated, swinging his umbrella up and letting it rest on his shoulder when it landed there. "As for you, I'm sure one day you'll know exactly what you want and how you'll get it. And when you do, I'm almost certain that you'll be proud of it." He told her as they continued to walk.
Mal Mizushima

Mal smiled and lightheartedly shook her head, catching onto the fact he was messing with her and elbowing him back. She nodded along as he talked, understanding why he'd want a simple life. Simple was easy, and if simple things made him happy who was she to judge? When he mentioned wanting or asking for too much she looked over at him, she could see where he was coming from, as the oldest she was happier seeing her brother get the stuff he wanted than she was when she got stuff. To Mal it just felt like she owed the person something, it didn't feel right. Not to mention that after her father left Mal didn't want to have to rely too much on her mother, she didn't want to make things difficult for her. Which is why she got a job, so that she could get what she wanted herself without feeling like a burden and so that she could give back to her mom. Her smile grew a bit more when he said he was sure she'd figure out what she wanted and be proud of it. She knew it was impossible to know for sure if that'd actually happen, but hearing him say that made her feel more confident in being able to do it.

"Thanks. Weirdly enough, you saying that really helps." Mal laughed a bit. "Though, I guess we're a bit different on the whole asking for things. I feel like some people deserve to be able to be selfish every once in a while and want more than they have. Especially when all they've done is give to others." She stated, remembering how much her mom would sacrifice for both Mal and Max. All her mother ever seemed to do was think about them, she wished she'd just do things for herself and not worry about them. "Not saying it's always right to be selfish, but sometimes you just have to think about and take care of just yourself. So if you want to be a bit selfish with what you want when I'm around, I at least wont judge you for it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back