• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Empowered(Always Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
View attachment 545883
Mal Mizushima
Interacting with: Roman Roman

Mal smiled and lightheartedly shook her head, catching onto the fact he was messing with her and elbowing him back. She nodded along as he talked, understanding why he'd want a simple life. Simple was easy, and if simple things made him happy who was she to judge? When he mentioned wanting or asking for too much she looked over at him, she could see where he was coming from, as the oldest she was happier seeing her brother get the stuff he wanted than she was when she got stuff. To Mal it just felt like she owed the person something, it didn't feel right. Not to mention that after her father left Mal didn't want to have to rely too much on her mother, she didn't want to make things difficult for her. Which is why she got a job, so that she could get what she wanted herself without feeling like a burden and so that she could give back to her mom. Her smile grew a bit more when he said he was sure she'd figure out what she wanted and be proud of it. She knew it was impossible to know for sure if that'd actually happen, but hearing him say that made her feel more confident in being able to do it.

"Thanks. Weirdly enough, you saying that really helps." Mal laughed a bit. "Though, I guess we're a bit different on the whole asking for things. I feel like some people deserve to be able to be selfish every once in a while and want more than they have. Especially when all they've done is give to others." She stated, remembering how much her mom would sacrifice for both Mal and Max. All her mother ever seemed to do was think about them, she wished she'd just do things for herself and not worry about them. "Not saying it's always right to be selfish, but sometimes you just have to think about and take care of just yourself. So if you want to be a bit selfish with what you want when I'm around, I at least wont judge you for it."
large.png
Roman Ishida
Interacting w/: Mal Mizushima | Luna Malveaux Luna Malveaux

Mood: Relaxed / Happy

Activity: Walking to the bookstore with Mal

Objective: Enjoy his day, pick up his book from the bookstore

When Mal elbowed him back, he chuckled and pretended to play as if he were hurt by it. "You're a strong one." He teased, chuckling a bit more before putting his focus back on what was ahead of him. When he told her about what he wanted in life, those were some things he never really told people. I mean, maybe his mom and sister, but that was really it. He hadn't given it thought until just a few years ago. For him, telling her was probably his way, without actually saying it, of opening up to someone. As Mal responded to his previous statements about not asking for much, he shook his head in agreement, "Maybe you're right. Sometimes everyone does deserve a little spoiling. Hopefully one day I realize that I too can be a little spoiled from time to time, but at the time being, I'd rather be the one giving. And I don't think I could be selfish towards you at all. In any wat at that... Not sure why, but maybe one day I will. Thanks." Roman told her, a smile on his face as he said it.

Then there was also the thing about him telling her that she'd be proud of whatever it is she finds in the future that she wants. "And... You're welcome. Glad I could be of help in some form or way," He said in response. Looking around, Roman sighed quietly. "Hmmm, what else is there to talk about..."
He began to wonder, his mind shooting a few ideas to him only for them to be shot down to see if there were any better ones. "Maybe we could talk about... I don't know... School? We seem to associate ourselves with others in similar ways. Maybe we could share some stories or something." Roman said, looking over at Mal. While school wasn't his favorite place in the world, he was after all only a teenager. School is where a great deal of his time was spent, making it an ideal place for weird or interesting things to happen either to him or around him. "U-unless you have s-something you want to talk about. T-That'd be completely fine too." Stammering on his words as he said that, he chuckled and rubbed the back of his head.

Seraphina
"I miss me, the old me, the happy me... the gone me."

mood: Groggy, curious

with: Eld

outfit: Angelic white dress/Uniform

Seraphina grumbled in her seat as the weirdo with the bag turned away from her, tinkering with something she just couldn’t see. “What are you doing? Why are you soooo weird???” She huffed, crossing her arms in a pout as she slouched in her seat, tapping her foot in annoyance. Movement from the corner of her eye caught her attention and she turned around to see him in a gas mask. Oh that was funny. He thought he could gas and kill her? No mortal weapon could hurt her. Sera started to laugh before...she...started feeling… weird. Wh..what? N-no… she..what was that?!

“Wh..what the… fri..ck is..” She slumped over, sleeping from the incubus knockout gas. Damn that horny demon.
Sera looked around her, clouds for miles and miles, other Angels milling about. Was she… was she…

“I’m home..” Seraphina whispered, tears forming in her eyes. She ran forward, seeing a bunch of her old friends gathered in a circle around one of the many monitors in the central workplace. Here they could monitor field agents, Angel’s who were trying to turn human souls down on earth.

“Michael! Hairel! Evangeline! Ariel! Harper!” She called out the names of her friends, racing as fast as her gold sandaled feet would carry her. The five Angels turned around, their faces a mask of disappointment.

“You let us down Seraphina.” Michael said softly.

“What do you think you’re doing, letting those souls in here?” Hairel spat out, crossing his arms.

“I’m going to miss you so much Sera…” Evangeline whimpered, putting her face into Ariel’s shoulder as she cried. Ariel said nothing, her gaze pinning Sera to the spot like a bug.

Harper took a step to the side, showing her the monitor. “Look Seraphina… Look. Look at your new home. You love the humans so much?”

They all turned their gaze on her, each different, each heartbreaking. Ariel’s and Hairel’s anger. Michael’s and Evanglines sadness. And Harpers disapproval.

“Then go live with them!” They all screamed at her, the force of their voices knocking Seraphina to the ground. She started sinking through the clouds, her Angelicness fading, her form growing too mortal for the heavenly clouds to hold. She reached for them, for her friends, for the people she had cried, laughed, and grown up with. “Help me!”

“Help them!” They all shouted again. She sank some more, her form half submerged in the clouds. “NO! No! Help me! Help me! I want to stay! I want to stay!”

Harper was the only one who stepped forward, her golden eyes disarming. “If you prove yourself worthy of redemption… maybe. But I doubt any mortal sin will ever wash away your own Seraphina. You betrayed your home,” Seraphina sunk with every sentence as Harper leaned in closer and closer. “You betrayed our mission.” Sink.

“And worst of all… you betrayed your family.” Just her face remained as she clung with one hand to her home, her body dangling so high in the sky above the world, the human plane. “You can’t stay here. Seraphina…” Harper grabbed her hand, pulling her up so she could whisper in her ear. “You’re just not good enough.” And then the Angel fell.

She fell and she fell, her eyes upward, not seeing her home anywhere in the sky. Her body hit the floor of an ancient temple, the floor cracking from her impact. Yet she said nothing. She lay there, staring up and sobbing until some strange humans… saying they were from a Roundtable showed up...

Ding!

Seraphina groggily murmured, trying to open her eyes, her body trying to heal herself from the poison, but it wasn’t having any luck. Where was she? She could hear someone talking… a woman… an elevator? Was she in an elevator… Suddenly she was weightless until she hit something… was she on the floor? The couch? Seraphina groaned, her eyes barely opening as she looked around. Where had that weirdo with no beardo taken her? She thought she heard movement and then suddenly she was kicked.

“Ouch!” She opened her eyes, rolling over to try and shakily push herself up on her hands and knees. Her wings pulsed on her back, stretching out in agitation. “Wh..what the frick did you do to me?”

“You should be waking up about now. I'm going out.” Probaby to do some awful stuff. Seraphina sat up on her back legs, kneeling as she looked at the fabric in front of her It was a weird mask with a hood. Strange. “If you're going to follow me, wear this.” Of course she was going to follow him. She stood up, her wings stretching out this and that way to help steady her.

“Why do I need to wear this? Trust me, I don’t need protection from the mortals you probably deal with. Honestly I’m surprised you had a poison that affected me. Like oh my god that was sooo trippy. And rude! You didn’t need to drug me weirdo! You just made yourself look even more pervy drugging a young girl.” She huffed, following him out of the door. “If you’re worried about the whole, looks like an Angel thing don’t even worry about it.”

As she spoke, her wings shot inside of her body, her clothes changing back to her school uniform. She patted her crazy looking hair and made it nice and neat again. “Ta Da!” She still had the mask in her hand but honestly… it was going to make her hair look sooo messed up if she put it on and then took it off. No. Thank. You.

“Where are we going now anyways? Are you sure you even want to go there.” She hadn’t been using ANY of her guardian powers on him so far, Seraphina believing that was kind of rude without a true bond. But he was being waaay too stubborn. She needed some kind of edge on just what was going through his head. And seeing just HOW made up his mind was on this path was a good place to start.

codedbycrucialstar
Eld
Stepping out of the apartment, Eld allowed the girl to pass by him and out of the apartment. Spiritual beings were annoying, although they weren't the hardest to kill, doing so would usually incite the anger of some higher being which wasn't something Eld needed in his life right now. Killing gods wasn't something he would be able to do right now. he knew some concoctions that could do the deed, but the ingredients were impossible to find, and he suspected someone was stockpiling them for some reason. Walking back down the hall, he hit the button for the elevator and sighed, mentally thinking for a few seconds before finally deciding to respond and answer some of the girls comments.
"Going to get materials. Mask prevents issues, mysterious, causes hesitation. wear it, or ill leave you asleep in in the elevator."
Finally the elevator arrived and stepping onto it, Eld pressed the button for the basement of the building. reaching into his laptop bag, Eld pulled out the Gasmask and hooked it onto the front left side of his suit. it gave a bit of an odd, but creepy look which was rather what he had in mind. As Eld had told the girl. looks and appearances mattered, and half the time they could prevent any conflict before they began. Although with this building being considered "common ground" for most of Seattle's underground, he doubted this Client would have the balls to start something with him here. even the cops knew better than to respond to a call here. at the elevator slowly got closer to the basement, Eld waited patiently.

large.png
Roman Ishida

Mood: Relaxed / Happy

Activity: Walking to the bookstore with Mal

Objective: Enjoy his day, pick up his book from the bookstore

When Mal elbowed him back, he chuckled and pretended to play as if he were hurt by it. "You're a strong one." He teased, chuckling a bit more before putting his focus back on what was ahead of him. When he told her about what he wanted in life, those were some things he never really told people. I mean, maybe his mom and sister, but that was really it. He hadn't given it thought until just a few years ago. For him, telling her was probably his way, without actually saying it, of opening up to someone. As Mal responded to his previous statements about not asking for much, he shook his head in agreement, "Maybe you're right. Sometimes everyone does deserve a little spoiling. Hopefully one day I realize that I too can be a little spoiled from time to time, but at the time being, I'd rather be the one giving. And I don't think I could be selfish towards you at all. In any wat at that... Not sure why, but maybe one day I will. Thanks." Roman told her, a smile on his face as he said it.

Then there was also the thing about him telling her that she'd be proud of whatever it is she finds in the future that she wants. "And... You're welcome. Glad I could be of help in some form or way," He said in response. Looking around, Roman sighed quietly. "Hmmm, what else is there to talk about..."
He began to wonder, his mind shooting a few ideas to him only for them to be shot down to see if there were any better ones. "Maybe we could talk about... I don't know... School? We seem to associate ourselves with others in similar ways. Maybe we could share some stories or something." Roman said, looking over at Mal. While school wasn't his favorite place in the world, he was after all only a teenager. School is where a great deal of his time was spent, making it an ideal place for weird or interesting things to happen either to him or around him. "U-unless you have s-something you want to talk about. T-That'd be completely fine too." Stammering on his words as he said that, he chuckled and rubbed the back of his head.
40c35843ad3091652fb24487989314af.jpg

Mal Mizushima

Mal nodded, looking on as Roman seemed to be trying to find something to talk about. This caused her to smile a bit, mainly because she found it kind of funny he was thinking about it out loud. Her smile went away thought when he brought up school, looking off to the side at the buildings they passed by for a bit. She was tempted to take up his offer and talk about something else, but then she'd basically be running away from it and she refused to do that. "Ah, school. Can't say I have many stories to tell, I don't really interact with others there much." Mal said. It technically wasn't lying, she was just avoiding saying what was really happening. If Roman hadn't heard the rumors, she wanted to keep it that way. "None that are from high school at least, I've kinda just kept to myself..." She rubbed the back of her neck a bit as she trailed off.

Telling Roman that she was basically being bullied wasn't something she wanted to do. Mal didn't want to appear weak nor did she want Roman to feel like he needed to help her. She didn't want help, she didn't need help from anyone. That was something she couldn't repay by just buying someone lunch. Besides, she wanted to solve this herself, call her stubborn but this was her problem and hers alone. The bullies would get what was coming to them, karma would catch up with them eventually. "I could share stories about dumb things I've heard or seen from my classmates though, if you just sit and observe you hear quite a bit" She laughed. There was quite a bit she'd observed, stuff like classic teen drama and just pure stupidity.​

40c35843ad3091652fb24487989314af.jpg

Mal Mizushima

Mal nodded, looking on as Roman seemed to be trying to find something to talk about. This caused her to smile a bit, mainly because she found it kind of funny he was thinking about it out loud. Her smile went away thought when he brought up school, looking off to the side at the buildings they passed by for a bit. She was tempted to take up his offer and talk about something else, but then she'd basically be running away from it and she refused to do that. "Ah, school. Can't say I have many stories to tell, I don't really interact with others there much." Mal said. It technically wasn't lying, she was just avoiding saying what was really happening. If Roman hadn't heard the rumors, she wanted to keep it that way. "None that are from high school at least, I've kinda just kept to myself..." She rubbed the back of her neck a bit as she trailed off.

Telling Roman that she was basically being bullied wasn't something she wanted to do. Mal didn't want to appear weak nor did she want Roman to feel like he needed to help her. She didn't want help, she didn't need help from anyone. That was something she couldn't repay by just buying someone lunch. Besides, she wanted to solve this herself, call her stubborn but this was her problem and hers alone. The bullies would get what was coming to them, karma would catch up with them eventually. "I could share stories about dumb things I've heard or seen from my classmates though, if you just sit and observe you hear quite a bit" She laughed. There was quite a bit she'd observed, stuff like classic teen drama and just pure stupidity.​
who_are_you_____sasaki_haise_by_hospitalforsnakes-d8lptlc.jpg
Roman Ishida

Mood: Curious / Calm

Activity: Walking and talking with Mal

Objective: Enjoy his day and pick up his copy of the book Mal suggested

Roman had been enjoying this little friendship he had started. Despite having so much to learn about Mal, he knew that she was someone who would get him. She did so far, and he also understood her too. They had different views on some things, but they didn't even argue that their point was better at all. That's something people often wanted when in a conversation. To have one of respect and maturity, and she was providing that to him, which he felt was nice. When he did try to change the subject, suggesting they talk about school for some reason, he was able to notice the change of emotions from her facial expression. As her smile disappeared, so did his. Roman's face seemed like one of someone who was worried and curious at the same time. He tried to hide it though, that way it didn't seem like he was going to try and pry her for some information on her school life. It wasn't like him to interrogate people anyways.

When she told him that she didn't have many stories, he chuckled a bit. Neither did he. The idea of chatting about school was accidental if he was being completely honest. He wasn't the best at conversation and the went for topics for them too. "That's fine. We don't have to talk about school. There are thousands of other things to talk about... That I can't think of..." He said, rubbing the back of his head as he sighed. Why was a conversation so hard all of a sudden? Thinking was even slightly complicated at the moment. "Hmm, maybe we could talk about our hobbies. Other than reading of course. Pretty sure you like to do other things than just sit and read all day, right?" Roman asked Mal, looking over to her as he continued down the sidewalk.

Daniel Kim
(20/Gumiho/Tags: Cocogerber13 Cocogerber13 )

"hmmm.." He pondered on her question.

Had his life been in danger? Yes. Many times. From human who had tried to consume his marble for infinite knowledge. It seemed only a few years ago that he spent a week in an abandoned warehouse somewhere in Boston on a monthly basis. He couldn't tell her that though. The walls have ears.

One story sprung to mind though.

"Well, our marbles also slightly boost our ability to shapeshift."

Had he mentioned that ability? He couldn't recall. Perhaps it was best to play it off casually.

"So there was this one time, back in my senior year, when I had a crush on a girl. The only problem was that she was already dating the biggest douche bag in high school. A jock of course. Naturally, he was cheating on her behind her back and I was the only person who, incidentally, knew about this."

He smiled for the punchline. "So I shape-shifted into his girlfriend to interrupt the date he was on with the other girl."

The mood got a little more sullen toward the end of the story. "Of course, when my crush found out I did that, she never wanted to see my face again. It hurt, but I'm just happy I did some good in the world."

He took a brownie out from behind the bakery case and casually ate it. "Besides, I'm sure a prettier girl will come along at some point.", he added, casually winking at Robin.

who_are_you_____sasaki_haise_by_hospitalforsnakes-d8lptlc.jpg
Roman Ishida

Mood: Curious / Calm

Objective: Enjoy his day and pick up his copy of the book Mal suggested

Roman had been enjoying this little friendship he had started. Despite having so much to learn about Mal, he knew that she was someone who would get him. She did so far, and he also understood her too. They had different views on some things, but they didn't even argue that their point was better at all. That's something people often wanted when in a conversation. To have one of respect and maturity, and she was providing that to him, which he felt was nice. When he did try to change the subject, suggesting they talk about school for some reason, he was able to notice the change of emotions from her facial expression. As her smile disappeared, so did his. Roman's face seemed like one of someone who was worried and curious at the same time. He tried to hide it though, that way it didn't seem like he was going to try and pry her for some information on her school life. It wasn't like him to interrogate people anyways.

When she told him that she didn't have many stories, he chuckled a bit. Neither did he. The idea of chatting about school was accidental if he was being completely honest. He wasn't the best at conversation and the went for topics for them too. "That's fine. We don't have to talk about school. There are thousands of other things to talk about... That I can't think of..." He said, rubbing the back of his head as he sighed. Why was a conversation so hard all of a sudden? Thinking was even slightly complicated at the moment. "Hmm, maybe we could talk about our hobbies. Other than reading of course. Pretty sure you like to do other things than just sit and read all day, right?" Roman asked Mal, looking over to her as he continued down the sidewalk.
636f62930659bb7e26e9acae7adade90.jpg

Mal Mizushima

Hobbies? Her main ones were reading and making coffee, at least the first ones that came to her mind. "I like to make coffee, is that considered a hobby?" Mal laughed a bit. "I mean I even have my own stuff to make coffee in my room." She added. She couldn't quite remember what first got her into making coffee, maybe when she'd start up the coffee maker in the morning for her mom? That might've been part of it, Mal always liked the smell of it, something about it was relaxing. What was even better was sitting in her room with a good book and a cup of coffee. Just thinking about it was enough to lighten her mood. She might've been 16, but she didn't care to do the things girls her age normally did. Like shopping and spending money on stupidly expensive clothing, or going out and getting pregnant.

What else did she like to do? She liked music, but listening to music wasn't much of a hobby. "Oh! sometimes I like going to the pet store my mom works at and playing with the rabbits, they're all so tiny." She held her hands out a foot apart to show just how big they were, "I think they're about this small." She grinned and looked at him, looking as if she had just discovered the coolest thing. She loved rabbits, so much so that she'd been trying to get her mom to let her have one. Her mom hadn't agreed yet, but after Mal mentioned she'd pay for every her mom seemed to be considering it. "I might get one if my own, if my mom lets me."

Last edited:
The Summer is a pain in the ass. The man thought as he took a drag off of his Gold Strike cigarette. The ice clanked lazily in his glass, that was previously full of sweet tea. Too early for the good stuff... The tic-tacking of his receptionist's nails on the keyboard as she processed invoices was annoying his already pissed off hangover. "Hey Vivian, why don't you knock off early, and go pick us up some lunch?" He said. He liked the girl. She was smart and charming. Sad, though, she was stuck with a deadbeat bum like him as a boss taking up most of her free time and all. Her clicking of her trade mark stiletto boots let him know she was finally gone. The small fan on the filing cabinet wasn't there for comfort, but to push the stale smoke flavored air out the small open window overlooking the waterfront. The sounds of shoppers and workers drifted up into his office like a marching parade of pain. The radio announcer's news report did not help much either. Pulling out a bottle of aspirin, he angrily chewed on about seven of the little white wonders.

What he needed was a case. No. Not some ordinary "See if my husband is cheating on me case." No, what he wanted was something dark, and well paying. Maybe with a couple of damsels to save, and spend a couple of nice nights tending too. But sadly, most of his cases were dealing with haunted houses, or angry ancestors. Way too mundane for his liking. If he had to listen to some boring spiel about how modern descendants were neglecting ancestors memories from generations so far back, that not even a scrap or trace of their existence beyond their genes remained, we would scream bloody murder. This world was far to open for there not to be at least something going on, like a fat tick hanging on the underbelly of the hog of life. There just had to be. Screw it, my head hurts too much for these thoughts... he thought out loud from under his hat, as the jazz station began another hour long run...

(I am free for interactions.)

Mal Mizushima

Hobbies? Her main ones were reading and making coffee, at least the first ones that came to her mind. "I like to make coffee, is that considered a hobby?" Mal laughed a bit. "I mean I even have my own stuff to make coffee in my room." She added. She couldn't quite remember what first got her into making coffee, maybe when she'd start up the coffee maker in the morning for her mom? That might've been part of it, Mal always liked the smell of it, something about it was relaxing. What was even better was sitting in her room with a good book and a cup of coffee. Just thinking about it was enough to lighten her mood. She might've been 16, but she didn't care to do the things girls her age normally did. Like shopping and spending money on stupidly expensive clothing, or going out and getting pregnant.

What else did she like to do? She liked music, but listening to music wasn't much of a hobby. "Oh! sometimes I like going to the pet store my mom works at and playing with the rabbits, they're all so tiny." She held her hands out a foot apart to show just how big they were, "I think they're about this small." She grinned and looked at him, looking as if she had just discovered the coolest thing. She loved rabbits, so much so that she'd been trying to get her mom to let her have one. Her mom hadn't agreed yet, but after Mal mentioned she'd pay for every her mom seemed to be considering it. "I might get one if my own, if my mom lets me."

a11bf9e7128e249c675f32844422b9716e1469c3v2_00.jpg
Roman Ishida

Mood: Calm / Curious

Objective: Enjoy his day / Pick up his book

Much to his surprise, he managed to easily change the topic... Well, more like she easily agreed to the topic he suggested this time. When she said that her hobby was making coffee he smiled a bit, "Is that so? Must explain why you're so good back at the cafe. I bet the manager is really glad to have someone who has had so much practice making coffee on his team. I know I would." Roman said in response, chuckling a bit as he began to think about what his favorite hobby was. Maybe it was training. He did do a lot of it when he was alone, then again he always felt like he was a bit rusty at all times on some skill. Maybe it was just him being self-conscious of his abilities and him striving to be perfect. After that though, he began to wonder if he ever truly had any hobbies. That didn't consist of pages. That's when it hit him. He actually did like to help his mother with her garden when she would work on it. He even started one at Akane's place when he moved in with her.

Roman continued to listen to Mal before he decided to talk about himself. One thing he hated was talking about himself, as he always felt weird when doing so, but he always enjoyed listen to others talk about themselves, as he liked learning about others. "Rabbits? I never actually got to hold one if I'm being completely honest, nor have I ever had a pet... My father always told my sister and me no. He said there was no point in having a pet if we can't care for it on our own." Roman chuckled a bit. "Knowing my father, he'd probably toss it out the second it does something wrong." He said, looking at Mal. "But I hope you can get your rabbit. I'm almost certain you could take care of it. You seem like you're very capable of doing so." He then rubbed his chin in thought. "As for me, I guess you can say I like to do some gardening. It's a peaceful and relaxing hobby. Brings out the best in me, and also teaches a great deal on how to be gentle. Kind of like animals." He chuckled once again, putting his hands in his pockets. "Especially if you're doing something like flowers. I usually do some vegetables though, depending on how busy I am when I make the decision to start up my garden that is. Right now, I'm doing some flowers. They've been easy to maintain so far, so they're going pretty well. Hopefully, they last a bit longer than I expect them to. That'd be nice."

tumblr_pefh56x92P1qehrvso1_400.gif
Akane Ishida
Interacting w/: Her father but eventually no one

Mood: Nervous / Surprised eventually relaxed

Activity: Walking around in the park, enjoying the fresh air

Objective: Finish her errands and relax

Yesterday was a long day for Akane. She had a lot of work on her hands that day, but she had already planned to take today off so she had got some extra rest so she'd be fully rested for her errands for the day. Waking up, she went and made herself some breakfast, as Roman had already made his own from the looks of things. Just as his name popped up in her head, he had been walking towards the door. "I'm going out, Akane. I'll be back later this afternoon." He said to her as the front door opened. Akane nodded and waved to him as he left, "Stay safe out there little brother. And don't forget to eat while you're out! I won't be here to make lunch today." She said in response as he simply waved his hand, leaving out of the house and closing the door behind him. Smiling as she watched her little brother leave the house, Akane went back to making her breakfast. She had decided on some nice fluffy pancakes. Getting out the ingredients, she prepared her mix and got to work. Making sure she had a decent sized pancake in the skillet, she poured the batter inside. She then watched as the batter began to rise, flipping once enough time had passed. A nice golden brown color, signifying that her pancake had cooked well on that side. She then waited once more for the other side to cook, doing the same thing two more times. Once her pancakes were done, Akane turned on the tv and took a seat, watching as she ate her food. Nothing interesting in the news, which was disappointing to her. You'd think with people like herself running about more stuff would go on, but maybe it was for the best that nothing did happen... Well, it was for the best. They'd just be taken back to where they came from if they did cause too much trouble for the people of this world.

Once she finished her breakfast, Akane went and got dressed, putting on her favorite white shirt and long blue skirt. Akane then left her room and went to the living room. "Okay, today I have to go and get groceries, confirm the order of goods for the store and then do that thing... Get the stuff for the thing and whatnot." She said, rubbing her chin as she walked towards the coat hanger. As she did so, there was a knock on the door. Akane wasn't expecting anyone and Roman wouldn't just up and leave if he was, so she opened the door, only to be surprised to see her father standing there. "Daughter." He said to her. Akane's initial reaction was to look at her father and slash the air with her hands. "Still strong and energetic I see." He joked as he looked inside. "May I come in?" Her father asked. "Ah! Yes, come in. I was just surprised to see you." She said, laughing nervously as she moved to the side to let him in. "Is the boy here?" Akane then looked at him curiously, "Do you mean Roman?" She asked him. Her father nodded in response. "Yes." Akane shook her head no in response. "He had left a while ago. Said he wouldn't be back until later this afternoon." Her father then began to explain something to her, though they mostly ended up talking about what the two of them have been up to for about an hour and a half before he said that he had to go. Akane then grabbed her coat and the two of them left out at the same time. Now bored, Akane decided to stop at the store first, and confirm the delivery, and then she grabbed her groceries, taking them home. Out of boredom, she then stopped at the park, taking some time herself.

(((( Free for interaction ))))

Alowin the Hungover and Bored

He could no longer remain in the office. He needed a new carton of smokes, and he was tired of his fiftieth game of computer solitaire. He texted Vivian to tell her to store his lunch, as he was going out for a stroll. He knew her stance on his smoking, so he could not ask her to get them herself, so he pocketed some cash from his personal savings box, and holstered Inanna and Utu in their under arm holsters. He slung his light weight trench coat on, and put on his hat to keep the harsh summer sun out of his eyes. He fumbled for his keys, but decided to just walk. It was not really hot enough for him to care and he really needed to stretch his legs. Closing the door behind him, he locked only the handle lock, as he knew she would be carrying stuff in, and it was easier for her to unlock one lock than two.

Once he left the building he avoided the main streets, as it was kind of depressing to see the spirits hanging around living relatives. He cut a few corners through some not so secluded alleyways until he hit the side street with the Asian Food Store. This store sold more than its advertising let on, and entering was always a treat for his nose. Mr. Ji-Yuan looked up lazily from his Chinese newspaper. "Ji, man, Glade would probably get you more customers." he commented as he grabbed a box of ginseng extract ampules. "Al, why is it always you that has the problem with how my store smells?" Mr. Ji-Yuan laughed and continued, " I am extracting a rare herb, grows once in a hundred years. Potent stuff for men, and ladies too. Makes you feel young again and gives you the "stamina" of an ox." "No thanks. I'm still young enough to get the job done, with only one or two aches in the morning." Alowin retorted. "Gimme two cartons of the usual." he asked, as the shopkeep rang him up. "Is your wife still bothering you from the other side?" he asked. "No, no, now its her sisters." he laughed. The joke is, his wife passed a few years ago. But she died with a bit of anger and regret so she had spent her small time in eternity to take it out on him. However, Alowin politely talked her into crossing over fully, on the promise of being young enough over there to kick her husbands old ass. "You want help with that?" he asked, "Nope, like the wind all she can do is howl." the old man laughed again as he returned to his paper.

Continuing his journey, he grabs a drink out of a street vendors cooler, and leaves the woman a fiver. He notices the park seems a tad more comfortable place to be, than the concrete and asphalt, so he sits down on a bench. Sipping his drink, he spots a girl, might be high school if not a couple years older, also enjoying the park. He uses the oldest trick in the book to strike up a conversation with the girl, just to kill some time. "Hey miss, would you happen to have the time?"

Roman Roman

Alowin the Hungover and Bored

He could no longer remain in the office. He needed a new carton of smokes, and he was tired of his fiftieth game of computer solitaire. He texted Vivian to tell her to store his lunch, as he was going out for a stroll. He knew her stance on his smoking, so he could not ask her to get them herself, so he pocketed some cash from his personal savings box, and holstered Inanna and Utu in their under arm holsters. He slung his light weight trench coat on, and put on his hat to keep the harsh summer sun out of his eyes. He fumbled for his keys, but decided to just walk. It was not really hot enough for him to care and he really needed to stretch his legs. Closing the door behind him, he locked only the handle lock, as he knew she would be carrying stuff in, and it was easier for her to unlock one lock than two.

Once he left the building he avoided the main streets, as it was kind of depressing to see the spirits hanging around living relatives. He cut a few corners through some not so secluded alleyways until he hit the side street with the Asian Food Store. This store sold more than its advertising let on, and entering was always a treat for his nose. Mr. Ji-Yuan looked up lazily from his Chinese newspaper. "Ji, man, Glade would probably get you more customers." he commented as he grabbed a box of ginseng extract ampules. "Al, why is it always you that has the problem with how my store smells?" Mr. Ji-Yuan laughed and continued, " I am extracting a rare herb, grows once in a hundred years. Potent stuff for men, and ladies too. Makes you feel young again and gives you the "stamina" of an ox." "No thanks. I'm still young enough to get the job done, with only one or two aches in the morning." Alowin retorted. "Gimme two cartons of the usual." he asked, as the shopkeep rang him up. "Is your wife still bothering you from the other side?" he asked. "No, no, now its her sisters." he laughed. The joke is, his wife passed a few years ago. But she died with a bit of anger and regret so she had spent her small time in eternity to take it out on him. However, Alowin politely talked her into crossing over fully, on the promise of being young enough over there to kick her husbands old ass. "You want help with that?" he asked, "Nope, like the wind all she can do is howl." the old man laughed again as he returned to his paper.

Continuing his journey, he grabs a drink out of a street vendors cooler, and leaves the woman a fiver. He notices the park seems a tad more comfortable place to be, than the concrete and asphalt, so he sits down on a bench. Sipping his drink, he spots a girl, might be high school if not a couple years older, also enjoying the park. He uses the oldest trick in the book to strike up a conversation with the girl, just to kill some time. "Hey miss, would you happen to have the time?"

Roman Roman
AvBoREw.gif
Akane Ishida
Interacting w/: Alowin | Jofune Tsurabisu Jofune Tsurabisu

Mood: Happy / Calm

Activity: Enjoying some time in the park

Objective: Relax

Once she had arrived at the park, Akane had mostly walked around. The area was always a beautiful one to her, and convenient for her too, as it wasn't too far away from her house. Then there was the people. Interesting characters all over Seattle, yet to her, the park always had the more interesting ones due to the size of the place and how many people came to hang out there in the summer. Inhaling deeply, Akane took a deep breath, taking in the fresh air as she continued to walk. When she exhaled, she came to a stop and looked around a bit. Enjoying the scenery, she smiled a little. It had calmed her mind a bit after having such a random meeting with her father earlier and a relief from all the errands she had just ran. It wasn't a stressful day, not at all, but it was still something. Before she continued on her way, she had heard someone call out to her. She wasn't one to ignore people, as she found it rude and didn't like it when people did it to her.

Akane looked at the man and smiled, "Hi!" She said in response with a cheerful tone. Her smile and tone of voice reflected her mood perfectly. She was happy at the moment, and she felt as if nothing could take away that happiness right now. The man was a bit older than her, she could tell that much. It wouldn't be the first time someone a bit older tried to talk to her, but this guy was different. Didn't seem like he was on any funny business, something she was cautious of due to her small stature making her look as if she was a tad bit on the younger side. "Enjoying the nice weather yourself, huh?" Akane asked, walking over towards the bench the man was sitting on, taking a seat next to him. Once seated, she began to watch the people out in front of herself enjoy the weather while she sat and conversated with the man.

"Well it certainly is nice. A tad warm for my tastes, but nice nonetheless." He replied to the girl. Looking at the girls parcels, "So out for some errands, or personal shopping?" he asked innocently. He could tell she was a good girl. The warm aura she gave off was refreshing to the common aura of down beaten misery he felt from many people around him. He shifted a bit, and his coat fell open a little, revealing Inanna and Utu. He made no effort to hide them, as they were legally registered to him and he had all the permits to carry them as such. "So what do you do, for a hobby, or business?" he asked making more small talk. Though his demeanor spoke otherwise, he was in fact interested in what she had to say. His phone beeped its message signal and he checked it. It was a client thanking him profusely for his services. He replied, and returned his attention to the girl next to him.

He enjoyed these little excursions, as it beat being chased by some bump in the night thing. It was a nice change of pace that rubbing his itch for action raw. "But one must relax once in a while" his wife used to say, in better times. He truly missed her. But she was always there, not crossing over until he joined her. He understood her sentiments, but could not expedite the procedure. He had too much to do before dying. and he wanted to live life to its fullest, as much as that could entail. But it always nagged him, the cold specter of death just out of reach, mocking him. No, he would live, and help many people before he took the dirt nap.

Roman Roman

Last edited:
“Hnnnnnnnnnnng”
Taking a sharp inhale of breath, Everest opened his eyes, the harsh light forcing him to close them again as he gave another quiet groan of pain. Slowly opening his eyes once more Everest slowly looked around and saw he was in the middle of some trash strewn about around him, and a layer of broken safety glass under him, and the remains of a shattered coffee table a little ways away. Closing his eyes again he gave another grunt of pain before opening them again and looking up. Along with the broken banister on the second floor balcony of the nice apartment he found himself in. Suddenly a hand was trust in front of his face. Grunting an reaching out, Everest grasped the hand which was attached to a guy about his age, if not a couple years older, who promptly pulled him upright. “Welcome back to the land of the living Ev.” Taking a deep breath, Everest rubbed the back of his head and grunted, “so when the hell did I jump off the balcony shawn?” “Fuck man, you're asking me? I was even more wasted than you by the time we got here.” “speaking of which, where are we?” “i dunno. The after after party man. I think we're somewhere downtown.” Grunting, Everest stretched and walked towards the glass walls and looked out into the semi bright sun. Noticing that he couldn't see the sun as it was over head, his brain groggily began to churn before he cursed. “Fuck! What time is it Shawn?” shrugging, Shawn looked around to see if he could see a clock on the apartment walls. Not finding one he took a reasonable guess. “I dunno, probably about 12:30? 45? Why?” Looking around and grabbing his keys from a bowl, he took a lap around the apartment looking for his Phone he called out to Shawn. “Got a meeting with a client at 1:15.” “Ah. You gonna need me to give you a ride? Hey, found it, catch!” Having found the phone, Shawn threw it to Everest who snatched it out of the air and replied. “Nah, I think I should make it. How I look?” “Like shit. But passable shit.” “gee thanks asshole.” Running out the door, Everest almost tripped on a number of other passed out partiers from earlier that morning, but finally managed to make it out of the door. Running down the hall, he slammed the button for the elevator and tapped his foot impatiently, waiting for the lift. Finally the elevator dinged, and he stepped on, repeatedly mashing the button for the ground floor when his phone vibrated in his pocket. Pulling it out, he glanced at the number and saw it was his client quickly answered the call. “Hey there Mr. Anderson, This is Everest speaking, what can I do for you?” A calm middle aged man responded from the other end of the line. “Hello Mr. Avalon, I'm calling to inform you that due to a server error, most of our computers are down today so we can't view the plans for the location we need you to consult on. I was wondering if we could reschedule for this time tommorow.” Tabbing out of his phone, Everest checked his calendar and saw he already had a meeting with a touring company to check plans for venues so he tabbed back into the call. “Unfortunately tommorow at this time doesn't work for me. I can do either Wednesday or Thursday. Whichever works for you.” In the background of the call, Everest could hear the turn of a page and the scribble of a note on paper as well as the distant clack of a keyboard, likely a technician trying to solve whatever issues the company was having. Finally the man responded in a pleased tone “we would like to reschedule for Wednesday from 1 to 6? Is that acceptable.” “Yes that's fine with me. Is there anything else I can do for you?” “No Mr. Avalon, I believe that will be all. Thank you for your time.” “Of course. You have a good day Mr. Anderson.” After exchanging pleasantries, Everest hung up the phone and returned it to his pocket with a sigh of relief as the elevator slowed to a halt and the door opened up to the lobby. Walking outside underneath the cloudy sky, he gave a short thrust of his arms in a victory pose when his stomach growled. Although the crisis had been averted, there were more important matters at hand. Mainly, food. Stumbling off down the street, Everest looked for some place to shove something down his mouth.

(Open if any one wants to interact)

Seraphina
"I miss me, the old me, the happy me... the gone me."

mood: Grumpy

with: Eld

outfit: Uniform and Creepy mask

Sera huffed out in annoyance. Make her wear a freakin ugly red looking ogre mask. Umm no thank you… of course if she lost track of him it would probably be a HUGE pain in the but to find him again. From her light probing, Sera knew there was no talking him out of the mask. If she wanted to come, she needed to be wearing it or risk losing him while asleep in the elevator.

Well... until he walked into ANY store with a bell. But still… did she want to end up knocked out in an elevator? Oh her coworkers at the Round table would have a FIELD day with her if pictures of her knocked out in her angel form ended up on the internet. She could hear the laughing now...

“Ughhhh… Fine.” She grumbled shoving the mask on her face, crossing her arms as she stared at this strange gasmasked weirdo in the elevator. She practically stomped over beside him like a child, grumbling about how horrible her hair would be after this. Come on! She was supposed to the picture of grace and divinity… not a, ogre looking psycho!

“Why would anyone create an issue for a supply run… unless… OH MY GOSH!” She jumped up, humming with excitement. “Are you about to make a bad choice! Oh wow wow wow okay. So why don’t we talk this over hmm?” Her voice calming down as she probed his intentions, trying to gage any tipping points. Maybe he would feel a slight little whisper echo of her words but in his voice. Her words masked themselves as her charges subconscious, a clever way of making them think it was their choice the entire time.

Of course do people always listen to the voice in the back of their head? Um that would be a big fat no!

“Should you REALLY be going to this supply run? Or maybe there is something ELSE you would rather be doing? Something you know would be a better choice than this one hmm?”

Sure she could probe harder, maybe even slip into full subconscious mode. Her voice completely disguised as the one in their head. Sometimes Sera could follow people around, talking to them without them ever even noticing. But she had just freakin done that for 6 months with the girl on the roof. She needed someone to actually notice her or she was gunna go crazy.

codedbycrucialstar

Closers Bai Cinematic Bamboo Forest Improved.png
~ Hyunjin Aotian ~
Arriving at the airport, a girl with traditional clothing exited a private jet, bringing her luggage out herself. She looked pretty young but wealthy if she came to the states in that kind of jet. However, the way the girl got out of the airport was interesting. There was no limo, no one she was meeting up with or anything. She just called for an uber and headed to an apartment complex. When she got there, she unlocked the door and placed her luggage inside. It seemed like she had nothing but she had a few things. She had her luggage which also carried her family blade. She had a car that was already parked outside in the complex's parking lot on its assigned number. As she was unpacking, she was thinking to herself. On her way here, she had sensed there were other beings with magic. Some were human, like her, and some weren't. She knows there was one member of her clan nearby, but they can't see each other right now. For now, she was alone in this new place. She just hoped no one knew of who she really is and about her clan back home. She eventually took out her blade, placed it in a cylinder shaped bag and walked out of the complex to find something to eat. She just visited one of the Chinese shops and bought some dim sum and noodle soup. She ate at one of the tables since it's not like she's got anything better to do at home. She let her bag down, letting it lean beside her. She had to conceal that it was a sword because she didn't know the laws well enough here in the states. She wasn't sure if she would be called by police, being questioned why she was carrying sword everywhere. So for now, she only carried it in a bag. Soon, she finished her noodles and left a tip on the table and left the shop with her bag hung around her shoulder. She then began walking around, familiarizing the area for herself while checking with the maps on her phone that she searched up on the internet.

(Open for Interaction)

2dfa43d19e2eecc9d91e41a5d0ef044983d6521e_00.gif

Allen Ashikaga
Interacting with: Nona Nona

Allen was a bit relieved when somebody else captured her attention, he hadn't thought of what to say after greeting her so he was spared from trying to come up with something. He blinked a bit when a drink was held out towards him, looking up and seeing his friend again, "Er, I didn't ask for anything?" He said, a bit confused. His friend just laughed, "I know but c'mon, let loose a bit, just for today?" His friend said, doing his best at attempting a pout and batting his eyes. Allen just stared at him before taking the drink in his hand and sighing, "No more after this one, I still have to drive home" He stated before taking a small drink. It wasn't bad, there was no way he was going to be able to drink the whole thing though.

He watched his friend walk off to greet someone else, turning to listen back in on the conversation at his table. Except it seemed the other two had disappeared off somewhere, so it was just him and the girl he tried talking to just a bit ago. He was a bit startled to see her smiling at him though, listening as she told him her name. "Ah, I-I'm Allen, it's nice to meet you too." He scratched his cheek a bit. "I d-don't think we've met before, I don't usually come to these things, I'm not great at meeting new people." He let out a nervous laugh, taking a drink to try and calm his nerves. "Uhm, do you? Come to meetups like these often, I mean."

• Ilaani Nikolaev •

ilaani2019-jpg.541040
She couldnt help but roll her eyes ever so slightly when a drink had been left a for the guy even when he didn't really want one,, mostly because of how much it sounded like some of her other friends who regularly tried doing that to her. She watched the guy curiously when he had finally answered back, giving his name as Allen, hearing Allen going on to explain that he wasn't exactly a people person. That wasn't hard to tell. But she wasn't going to make it painfully obvious that she noticed either, it wasn't like it bothered her or anything.

She shrugged her shoulders gently as she leaned back on her seat a little "Hey, You don't seem to be doing too bad right now" she assured him with a shrug and a smile "Its not that I'm good at meeting new people as such either, I've just had to do it a lot over the years so I've sort of just...gotten used to it?" She paused for a moment, as if stopping herself from going off topic to an extent. After all he had asked her a question. "I don't think we've met then. Good, I didn't want to look like an idiot introducing myself again" she laughed a little "Anyways, don't really go to these things either. I'm normally at work when everyone meets up, besides. I don't really drink so bars aren't really my scene" she admitted with a nonchalant shrug "It's summer though, so I didn't want to loose touch with everyone just because there is no classes on...that and I'm pretty sure my friend was going to drag me straight from work if I said no this time" she joked, flashing a brief smile.

• More Info •

Mood:
Fine

Objective:
Catch up with classmates

Interacting with:
Allen

Tags:
Luna Malveaux Luna Malveaux

• Character Sheet •

a11bf9e7128e249c675f32844422b9716e1469c3v2_00.jpg
Roman Ishida

Mood: Calm / Curious

Objective: Enjoy his day / Pick up his book

Much to his surprise, he managed to easily change the topic... Well, more like she easily agreed to the topic he suggested this time. When she said that her hobby was making coffee he smiled a bit, "Is that so? Must explain why you're so good back at the cafe. I bet the manager is really glad to have someone who has had so much practice making coffee on his team. I know I would." Roman said in response, chuckling a bit as he began to think about what his favorite hobby was. Maybe it was training. He did do a lot of it when he was alone, then again he always felt like he was a bit rusty at all times on some skill. Maybe it was just him being self-conscious of his abilities and him striving to be perfect. After that though, he began to wonder if he ever truly had any hobbies. That didn't consist of pages. That's when it hit him. He actually did like to help his mother with her garden when she would work on it. He even started one at Akane's place when he moved in with her.

Roman continued to listen to Mal before he decided to talk about himself. One thing he hated was talking about himself, as he always felt weird when doing so, but he always enjoyed listen to others talk about themselves, as he liked learning about others. "Rabbits? I never actually got to hold one if I'm being completely honest, nor have I ever had a pet... My father always told my sister and me no. He said there was no point in having a pet if we can't care for it on our own." Roman chuckled a bit. "Knowing my father, he'd probably toss it out the second it does something wrong." He said, looking at Mal. "But I hope you can get your rabbit. I'm almost certain you could take care of it. You seem like you're very capable of doing so." He then rubbed his chin in thought. "As for me, I guess you can say I like to do some gardening. It's a peaceful and relaxing hobby. Brings out the best in me, and also teaches a great deal on how to be gentle. Kind of like animals." He chuckled once again, putting his hands in his pockets. "Especially if you're doing something like flowers. I usually do some vegetables though, depending on how busy I am when I make the decision to start up my garden that is. Right now, I'm doing some flowers. They've been easy to maintain so far, so they're going pretty well. Hopefully, they last a bit longer than I expect them to. That'd be nice."

Mal Mizushima

Mal nodded in understanding when he mentioned not being allowed to have a pet. Her dad brought home a puppy when she was 4 but they had to put him down a few years ago when he'd gotten some kind of cancer, she couldn't really remember which kind. Ryker. Good dog, but he and Mal weren't the closest. He was too energetic and slobbered too much for Mal's liking. Not to mention the dog didn't like Mal from the start, whenever she went to pet him he'd growl, not that it really bothered her. When and if Mal got the rabbit maybe she'd introduce it to Roman and he could finally hold one, then again that's if they ever see each other after today. She'd like to think that they would, she's enjoyed their conversations so far it'd suck if they couldn't talk again sometime and thankfully she got his number.

Mals mouth opened slightly and her eyebrows raised slightly when he mentioned gardening, whatever she was expecting it definitely wasn't that. She gave small nods as she listened to him explain what exactly he did. His knowledge of gardening amazed her, mainly because the most she had learned about gardening was back in elementary school when they planted a seed and watched it grow in a pot. She tilted her head slightly."Oh, what kind of flowers?" She asked. Although she wasn't very familiar with the types of flowers at least knew a couple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back