• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Empires In New York (OOC Chat)

OOC
Here

SandraDeelightful

Look at me, I’m Sandra Dee
Out Of Character Chat For Empires In New York
The Don
The Don's wife- SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful
The Don's eldest son- Yarrow Yarrow
The Don's eldest daughter- Makomin Makomin
The Don's second son-
The Don's second daughter- sprouhtt sprouhtt
The Don's youngest son- @DewOfTheMountains
The Don's youngest daughter- SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful
Captains
@RayPurchase
Soldiers
Associates
Italian Owned Speakeasy-

The Don-@Mia Moulop
The Don's wife
The Don's eldest son- @PenguinFox
The Don's eldest daughter- SweetRose SweetRose
The Don's second son-
The Don's second daughter- Glassy Glassy
The Don's youngest son- @Uncle Sam
The Don's youngest daughter- deer deer
Captains
Winter_Wolf Winter_Wolf
Soldiers
Associates
Irish Owned Speakeasy

Police Officers and Civilians
Police Chief- @RayPurchase

Last edited:
SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful , hi hi, I hope things are looking up for you soon and you take time for yourself when needed!
on another note, is there anything specific in the O'Bannion family that happened that we should know about when we write our history?
and since i'm playing the youngest daughter for the family, would her age range be between 20 - 23?

SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful , hi hi, I hope things are looking up for you soon and you take time for yourself when needed!
on another note, is there anything specific in the O'Bannion family that happened that we should know about when we write our history?
and since i'm playing the youngest daughter for the family, would her age range be between 20 - 23?
No, nothing specific. Only that the patriarch of the family isn't the best at showing affection.
And that's the age range I had in mind.

ALRIGHTY I got my speakeasy and speakeasy owner design up. I am just going to say up front that this era is not my usual stomping grounds and this is not my usual scale of design so feedback is More than welcome. I'm a little too tired atm to say whether i'm 100% on this being the final draft but the essentials of what I wanted to do with the design is definitely there.

Edit: I lowkey hate it rn! But im also incredibly tired so my judgement is trashed and idfk ill come back to it when i wake up

Last edited:
What should the deal be with long guns and the weapons section of the CS? I wasn't sure for my character, and didn't want to risk any OP-ness, so I just listed the concealable weapons he'd reliably carry on his person virtually anytime.

One solution I thought of, to avoid OP-ness, is to say that each character could have no more than 2 long guns in the 'family armory,' and they can bring one with them on a job (I don't think they're exactly everyday concealed carry!). The other one stays. Or simplicity's sake we could just make it 1.

ALRIGHTY I got my speakeasy and speakeasy owner design up. I am just going to say up front that this era is not my usual stomping grounds and this is not my usual scale of design so feedback is More than welcome. I'm a little too tired atm to say whether i'm 100% on this being the final draft but the essentials of what I wanted to do with the design is definitely there.

Edit: I lowkey hate it rn! But im also incredibly tired so my judgement is trashed and idfk ill come back to it when i wake up

Did you delete your CS then? I was just going to edit mine in the thread, and was like "wait..." lol. Shame, yours was insanely well fleshed out!

Did you delete your CS then? I was just going to edit mine in the thread, and was like "wait..." lol. Shame, yours was insanely well fleshed out!
I mostly took the whole thing down to adjust, but honestly I'm having issues settling on what/how so I'm just going to repost it fer now. I realized after making the cs how much I was leaning into the John Wick aesthetic among other things and i'm not sure how much that bothers me.

I mostly took the whole thing down to adjust, but honestly I'm having issues settling on what/how so I'm just going to repost it fer now. I realized after making the cs how much I was leaning into the John Wick aesthetic among other things and i'm not sure how much that bothers me.

Ah, I did get John Wick vibes for sure :)

SweetRose SweetRose ; I completely understand !
All of these mythical figures and just the urban legends [ etc. ] are quite . . . the t e a ! but, ngl, i've always been intrigued by them !

SweetRose SweetRose ; I completely understand !
All of these mythical figures and just the urban legends [ etc. ] are quite . . . the t e a ! but, ngl, i've always been intrigued by them !
Baba Yaga is a fascinating figure in folklore honestly, just also completely terrifying.

SweetRose SweetRose ; I couldn't have agree more !
I've honestly been actually looking more up on la llorona lately and it seems most of the youtubers are talking about the legend due to the new movie poppin' up in theatres, but, nevertheless, 'tis quite interesting. perhaps not as creepy as Baba Yaga, but oof !

heyo lovelies!
i’m still deciding on what kind of persona Ailis is having and exactly what role she’s having in the role play, so if anyone wants to brainstorm any ideas , i’d be more than happy to!

Dang, writing a full personality breakdown is har
heyo lovelies!
i’m still deciding on what kind of persona Ailis is having and exactly what role she’s having in the role play, so if anyone wants to brainstorm any ideas , i’d be more than happy to!

She could probably be kind of machiavellian?

ooooh, now that would be fun!
considering her skills, that could definitely work !
and especially if she had to grow up in a harsh environment of the sort !

and i fully agree! writing a full one is hard !

Oh that's funny, I was typing that sentence out (about it being hard) but then meant to delete it and instead just reply to you. The funny thing is the other day I was able to write out a 2 paragraph personality for a different character with minimal trouble. For some reason its harder on this one lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back