• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Empire City: Weekly Character AMA

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Jackson: Have you ever had to carry out a job for the Porters that you disagreed with? What was it?

Jackson: Who is the most difficult adversary you've fought against?

Jackson: What kind of future do you want Natasha to have?

Jackson: What are your greatest fears?

Jackson: Blake and Natasha aside, which people in your life do you most care about?

Enzyme Enzyme

Last edited:
Jackson - What's your life's motto? Where does it come from?
Enzyme - What or who gave you the inspiration for Jackson's character?
Jackson - What's one memory that you hold dear to you, but will never talk about?
Jackson - How has becoming a father changed you as a person? Has it affected your worldview or the way you do your job?
Jackson - What was the last life-altering thing you learned about yourself? How and when did you become aware of it?

Enzyme Enzyme Jackson

Last edited:
Jackson: Conor Sullivan. How would you describe your relationship with him?

Enzyme Enzyme : What was the process of creating Jackson?

Enzy: Any moments that surprised you as Jackson?

Jackson: Do you keep track of the lives you've taken?

Jackson: If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?

Jackson McCarthy
Jackson McCarthy

tumblr_ok0eym6NrT1w0gw85o1_500.png

Jackson: Have you ever had to carry out a job for the Porters that you disagreed with? What was it?
James and I have always been pretty much on the same page. He wanted people taken care of and I was always there to do it for him. We have the same morals - no women, no children. The jobs I'd carry out were, more often than not, something I had been a part of planning out. Now that I think about it, there was one occasion back in Dublin where some guy wasn't renewing his protection policy. It wasn't anything particularly against him, he just happened to be the poor bastard James chose to make an example out of. James had me put a bullet in his head and then hang him from his store's window. It wasn't so much the... Eh... Ethics of it. It was more having me on public display as I strung him up. I guess that was the one time I questioned his methods. Here I am, not locked up, so what the fuck do I know?

2048x2730-jake-gyllenhaal-california-linen-suit-43-jpg-def7ce87.jpg
Jackson: Who is the most difficult adversary you've fought against?

Ah, that's a toughie in'nit? I mean, they don't call me "Casúr" for nothing. In a good ol' fist fight, though, it's gotta be this one nutjob from back in my ring days. Nothin' but love for the bloke, but boy was he just a rabid dog. It wasn't so much the size, really. He was just an animal, would sprawl out on all fours and just come at ya'. Other than him, everyone else had been roughly less than a disappointment. It's bloody Ireland and no one can hang toe to toe. It's embarrassing really. Well, except this one roided-up bloke working for the IWU, but we don't talk about him - may he rest in peace.

Jackson: What kind of future do you want Natasha to have?
Pfff, anything but fuckin' this. Only love and respect for my friends and family in the business, but Natasha goin' nowhere near it. She can do whatever she wants, I'll support it wholeheartedly. The two things she'll never touch, though, is a contract or a pole. Enough said.

Jackson: What are your greatest fears?
I don't fear much, other than the occasional clown. I guess my biggest fear would be to lose someone under my watch. There's no bigger gut punch than having someone's life in your hands and letting it slip. It's happened once before and will never happen again.

Jackson: Blake and Natasha aside, which people in your life do you most care about?
I wouldn't say I have a hierarchy because I'm not built like that. If I did, Natasha and Blake would of course be on the very top. I know you said them aside, but they don't get enough attention. I miss them like crazy and the fact that you even brought them up is absolutely fucked. What was the question? Ah, right. Well, I guess it's no competition. Gotta' go to the bloke that's been there for more since the beginning. No one's replacing Conor. Unless, of course, he sobers up and becomes a priest, then I might be open to applications.

Jackson - What's your life's motto? Where does it come from?
Fuck, it's gotta come from my caretaker. He wasn't the best father figure, but he was the best I'd ever get. Back when I was under his watch, me and few dozen kids would deliver packages all over Dublin. One night, some wank had tipped off the Gardai and when we arrived at an apartment district, we'd walked straight into an ambush. Everyone got locked up that night, well, everyone besides me. I fought through their hands and got away. I told my caretaker that I had just gotten lucky and the other boys, not so much. He said it was more than that, he said "Luck is somethin' else. Luck is winning or losing. Out here, you survive or you surrender. That's determined by your spirit. Wolves don't kill catch unlucky deer, they catch weak ones." Ever since I was told that, I saw the world with a different pair of eyes.

MatthewBrookes2-1024x669.jpeg
Enzyme - What or who gave you the inspiration for Jackson's character?

I'm not really sure if it was anyone in particular, to be completely honest. When I see a crew, I see it like a military platoon. In that regard, Jackson would be the joker of the group, but he's also so much more than that. I had always written such manacle characters and never really had the chance to give them any depth, other then just some redeeming quality. With Jackson there was a whole new avenue I could take.

Jackson - What's one memory that you hold dear to you, but will never talk about?
Well, answering this question would go against that, wouldn't it? You'll just have to imagine that I have feelings.

Jackson - How has becoming a father changed you as a person? Has it affected your worldview or the way you do your job?
For people who say, "Nothing can prepare you for fatherhood," they can get fucked. I had always thought that I would struggle with it, cause I never had a dad of my own, but it's the easiest thing in the world. All you gotta' do is give your kid the love they deserve and make sure they don't fall off the swings. I guess it never really changed anything 'about me', but I never realized how much love had to give until I saw Natasha in the bassinet. Being a father is one of the greatest feelings in the whole world and I wouldn't trade it for anything. When it comes to work, I can separate my family life pretty easily. I've always had a job to do and having a kid doesn't change my approach. So far, it's worked out well.

Jackson - What was the last life-altering thing you learned about yourself? How and when did you become aware of it?
It happened when I 17 and I killed my first string of targets. It took a long time for me to accept what I'd done and during that, I was still completing hits, just piling bodies on my fragile mind. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, I couldn't even look at my reflection. I was so horrified with what I'd become that being stuck in a room alone with myself was absolutely petrifying. It took time, a lot of time, but I was able to come to terms with who I was and what I'd done. After that, the pain went away and now I can't even remember what it felt like. Haha.

Jackson: Conor Sullivan. How would you describe your relationship with him?
Ah, that guy. That fuckin' guy. Well, I guess he's the closest to a brother I'll ever get, which is bloody well fine by me. It's strange, though, because whenever I talk to someone with one [a brother], all they talk about is wantin' to fuckin' kill 'em. Conor's the last person in the world I'll ever get angry with because he knows me too well. He knows my soft side almost as well as my wife and I honestly think the Missus gets a lil' intimidated from time to time.

646e8d9ae2e036f4241af529e6e3e804.jpg
Enzy : What was the process of creating Jackson?

Jackson was an experiment for me to create the most believable hitman I could. I poured different emotions I had experienced into him as if he were a concoction. Through the creative process, I had given him so many layers, that he's really not an extension of myself anymore. From the first introduction of his character, I knew he was something special. Soon there after, he became a person of his own. I think that is one of the greatest accomplishments a writer can achieve, and I don't think I could ever replicate that success again. In conclusion, I love him to depth and he never ceases to surprise me.

Enzy: Any moments that surprised you as Jackson?
Oh yeah, all the time. Most recently it was when he opened up to Conor about his early experiences killing. I had always assumed killing had rolled off Jackson's shoulders with ease, even from the beginning. He's a calm dude with nothing to hide, so I didn't see why it wouldn't. Then, it turned out it had haunted him for almost a year and is a large reason why he can't remember a lot of his childhood. All the sudden, I'm writing for a character with repressed memories and feelings and I didn't even know it.

Jackson: Do you keep track of the lives you've taken?
Course not. That's like asking a barkeep if he keeps up with his drinks served, or a bookie with his bets placed. It's just a part of the job at the end of the day. Giving somethin' like that importance only complicates things and in a profession where almost every step could mean life or death, there's really no room for that. If I had to guess? Well, I don't think numbers go that high and if they do, my primary school education doesn't really meet it's standards.

Jackson: If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?
I don't live with a lot of regret, but I guess it'd have to be letting my guard down. There's really no reason you shouldn't always be prepared for everything. When I had people's lives in my hands, I played it safe and I didn't pay the price, they did. Tommy would be here if I had gone one step further with my precautions and because I didn't, he didn't make it to 25. I don't let it haunt me because when somethin' like that happens, all you can do is learn from it. I sure as hell learned from that.

Last edited:
Seana: Have you ever broken the law? What did you do?

Seana: What are the biggest similarities and differences between Allen and Conor?

Seana: Do you think you will ever visit Allen in jail?

Seana: What kind of life do you want Aliana and Leo to have?

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess : Have you got plans for Seana in the RP?

Seana: Apples, why do you dislike them?

Seana: Where are some of your favorite spots to watch the sunrise?

Seana: What's your proudest moment unrelated to your family?

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess : From where do you draw inspiration for Seana?

Mel: Why did you choose have Seana and Allen estranged?

Warren - What happened the last time you saw your father?
Warren - Aside from James, who would you say you feel closest to?
Warren - When you're not out on duty, what do you do in your free time?
Warren - Do you have any personal goals for the future? Any romance on the cards?
Warren - Do you intend to visit your family in Italy in future? How do you think it would go?

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:
Warren Taylor

Warren Taylor

Robbie-Amell.jpg
Warren: What are some things you miss from Italy?
Aside from my parents and my younger siblings? I miss my friends and going out drinking with them. There's also the beach. We all used to spend most weekends at the coast; either sunbathing or playing sports. Most of my friends settled down and got married, so I guess it was time for me to grow up too.

jj.pngWarren: What do you think it is about your brother that makes others gravitate towards him?
James? I don't have a bloody clue. He's pretty serious and moody, right? Nah, In all honesty, I think it's because he really cares about people and it's only when you get to know him that you realise how much. I'd say he's generous, fair and always has his family's best interests in mind. I think people know he has a heart, and as a boss, they see a strong and committed man.

Warren: What are some things you don't like about James?
He can be stubborn and uptight. Like, you've got to get him really drunk before he'll even consider dancing! It also pisses me off how he doesn't contact Mum enough because he thinks he's not good enough to be part of her family because of his criminal lifestyle. Having spent most of my life with Mum, I know that's not true yet he's too stubborn to listen to me and Lucy on the matter. It also annoys me that he treats me like I'm not capable of making my own life choices. I choose to stay in New York and I want to help him with the business, yet the same conversation about me stepping away from it keeps on cropping up. James and my Dad don't like each other, but patronising me is something they've got in common!

That lot aside, I love being around my brother and I wouldn't give that up for anything.

Misty: You tend to create large families of characters, to not only fill out their stories, but to role play with as well. Are there difficulties in creating unique personalities while still trying to make them similar enough as a family?
I don't think I find it too difficult... or I like to think I do it successfully? I like to try incorporate some similarities between family members whilst also making them unique characters to each other. James and Warren for the most part have different personalities, but they do share some traits, such as being uncomfortable at big parties and enjoying working out. Warren is more easy-going and openly flirtatious than James, though.

Warren: If you could have one selfish wish, how would you utilize it?
That's a hard question. I'm not quite sure...

Well, I suppose it could be something shallow. Maybe I could wish to meet and eventually marry Raquel Welch. She's pretty hot!

Fletchawk Fletchawk

2ff575db90558ec595cb2c158f6cafbf.jpgWarren: What happened the last time you saw your father?
Well, we were already fighting since I'd quit University and started a building apprenticeship instead. I wanted to make enough money to support myself rather than living off of my Dad's handouts. The last time I saw him was when I was leaving for New York. He tried to talk me out of it and told me I was better off in Italy. It kind of got personal with him telling me James wasn't worth my time and we got into some dumb argument with him telling me I was throwing my life away. Mum got involved and made sure we apologised to each other. So, Dad and I hugged, but there was definitely a frosty atmosphere when I left. He's come around now and we talk often over the phone, but he's still wanting me to go back to Italy.

Warren: Aside from James, who would you say you feel closest to?
I'm closest to my mum, even if we are only in contact over the phone these days. Aside from that, James has been shifting me around in my duties a lot lately, but I've been learning quite a bit about Savannah and Keegan, so I'm enjoying getting to know them two more. Savannah reminds me a little of my sister, Maria; and Keegan's taught me quite a bit whilst out on jobs together.

Warren: When you're not out on duty, what do you do in your free time?
I enjoy going out for drinks with some of the lads. Conor's pub can be fun, but mostly I like the quieter clubs. I've been on quite a few dates lately too, but I have to admit it's my fault nothing has come of them. I'm not sure if I'd want to get some nice young lady involved in my dangerous lifestyle. I'm just counting on James employing someone who I'd be attracted to, then at least we'd both be on the same page! Aside from human interactions, I enjoying taking my dog, Benji, for long walks.

Warren: Do you have any personal goals for the future? Any romance on the cards?
Ah, see my previous answer on the romance front. Tell James to employ more single women and I'll take it from there.

Personal goals, I'd like to keep learning more on the job and climb the ranks. I want to help James as well as do him proud.

Warren: Do you intend to visit your family in Italy in future? How do you think it would go?
I've been trying to talk them into coming over here for Christmas, but so far it looks unlikely. If not, I intend on visiting early next year. I do miss Mum, Dad and my younger siblings, so it would be good to catch up with them. I expect Mum will spoil me rotten and be as sweet as she always is. Dad will probably be nice to me but only so he can proceed to nag me about staying in Italy. I expect I'll be biting my tongue quite a bit. i don't want to fight again, but Dad can be persistent.

Pyroclast Pyroclast

Last edited:
Tayl: What are some things you miss from Italy?

Tayl: What do you think it is about your brother that makes others gravitate towards him?

Tayl: What are some things you don't like about James?

Misty Gray Misty Gray : You tend to create large families of characters, to not only fill out their stories, but to role play with as well. Are there difficulties in creating unique personalities while still trying to make them similar enough as a family?

Tayl: If you could have one selfish wish, how would you utilize it?

Bellz Bellz : [Insert "What Inspired" Question Here]

The Rebel: What's your preferred caliber to shoot, and why?

The Rebel: Have you been in touch with any of your family since you left home?

Hell's Bells: What's your favorite thing about being Rebel's character?

Last edited:
Rebel: Who do you get along with most in the Porter gang? Why do you think that is?
Rebel: What do you like to do in your free time?
Rebel: What are three traits you like most and three traits you least like in a person?
Rebel: How loyal would you say you are to the Porters? If a better offer ever came along...
Rebel: What's your happiest memory?

Bellz Bellz

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back