• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Empire City: The Irish Mob - IC (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
George Sanderson-Sullivan
Conor Sullivan and Savannah Callahan

georgie.jpgThe wedding ceremony had been perfect and George couldn't get rid of the smile nor the blushing red cheeks that were gracing his face ever since their big day had started. Finn was now his husband and he was now a Sullivan in the most official way possible for the two men. George didn't have to debate if this was the best day of his life because no other day even came close to comparing. He wasn't sure if anything else could make him happier than he was in that moment.

As they walked back inside the house, George didn't want to let go of Finn's hand and all he could do was look lovingly to his husband's face. When Lucy caught everyone's attention to make a speech, George let out a nervous chuckle before straightening his face to look to the blonde woman as she spoke about Finn. It brought a tear to his eye to hear her speak so fondly of her cousin, especially as he knew Finn was the kindest man he'd ever met and deserved every bit of love those around him sent his way. Then Lucy turned her attentions to George himself, causing the man to once again blush as he listened to her kind words. It felt good to be welcomed into the Sullivan family; with them he felt like he belonged and there was a sense of acceptance he'd never felt with his own flesh and blood. "Thank you, Mrs. Porter," he said once she'd finished. "I'm truly thankful for the kindness this family has shown me. And I couldn't ask to be married to a better man than this beauty right here," he said, turning to kiss Finn's lips.

The music started up again, but George was already lost in Finn's eyes and listening intently to his words. "What's next?" he asked, flashing a mischievous smile. "A honeymoon, of course! Somewhere peaceful and relaxing to give us a break from this big, chaotic city!" he suggested.

@Bella:D (Finn)

6b9a332c2589510d8cc45a46e6c624eb.jpgThe bitterness left following the meeting with the Morettis and Biancardis had soon been buried away once the wedding started. Finn was practically a brother to Conor, so he was beyond ecstatic to watch the man finally happy and married. The wedding had been perfect and if Conor could take away any good memories of New York, this was bound to be high on the list. Once Lucy had made her speech, the two newlyweds had taken a little time together, so Conor decided to give them their space before they were dragged into the middle of any party chaos.

Despite the couple's tender moment, Conor made his way to the bar and pointed to some of the bottled spirits. "Just pour out a shit tonne of shots ready, mate," Conor asked one of the bartenders as he gave him a friendly pat on the back. He then turned to address guests. "LISTEN UP!" his voice boomed throughout the room. "We've got all the booze you could ever want and I'll be offended if there's any left at the end of the party. Unless you're this... this tall..." he said holding his hand out shakily as he tried to indicate the approximate height of the the tallest of the children; Leo and Thomas. "Look... Unless you're a kid or you've got a kid growing inside you..." he said pointing to Aliana and Sinead when he sought them out. "If I see any of you not getting pissed, I'll be throwing you in the swimming pool and I'm not joking. No fucking lightweights today!" Whilst Conor was ready to celebrate the wedding to its full potential, there would be some drinks also getting knocked back in celebration of heading back to Dublin and leaving New York behind.

"There's children, Conor!" Sinead's high voice shouted out upon hearing him swear in front of everyone.

Once he'd finished his announcement, Conor made his way towards his sister and Aliana. "Tink, I guarantee the kids know more swearwords than we do. What you need to worry about is that the little shits are already all over the cupcakes you were eying up!" he teased her. Once Sinead had headed off to find cupcakes and Peter, in that order, Conor turned to Aliana and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, placing a kiss on the side of her head. "This is it, love. Our little lad is going to be born in beautiful Dublin. Ain't that right, Ringo," he said, placing his free hand gently against the Aliana's baby bump. Conor had been assuring Aliana that they were having a boy, though he was mostly only saying that to wind her up and pretend he wanted to name the said boy after Ringo Starr. The name was a joke, of course. "Can I get anything for you, love? I'm asking now because I might be too pissed to be much use later. Got a lot to celebrate," he explained. For all of the snake's sins, Maddox had helped Conor to overcome his bad relationship with alcohol and so now he wasn't compelled to turn to drink during stressful times. Today was a good day and he knew it was okay to get drunk at a wedding party.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

1612919450300.pngSavannah had packed up her belongings from her apartment the previous night so they'd be ready to collect on the way to the airport. Along with Shannon, she was going to be leaving the wedding reception early in the evening so they could catch their flight to London. She felt nervous about leaving her family behind and with the knowledge that in just a few days she'd be thrown straight into rehearsals in London. She was also dreading having the leave Danny behind in New York, knowing she would miss him greatly during her time in England. Savannah had invited him to the wedding, so she knew today would be the last chance they had to spend time together for a little while. The wedding was beautiful and she was beyond happy for Finn and George. It felt like the perfect kind of high to leave New York on, not to mention, it helped ease some of her nerves about leaving her family and Danny.

Once the reception party got started, Savannah was able to spend some time with Danny. She took hold of his hand and led him to a quiet side of the room by the window which overlooked the Porters' swimming pool. She grabbed a couple of glasses of champagne from the passing waiter and handed one to Danny. She looked into his eyes as she took a sip from her glass. "So, what did you think of the ceremony? Finn and George are just the sweetest guys you could ever meet. My heart just feels so warm from watching them get married," she said, placing a delicate hand to her chest for emphasis. She took another sip of champagne before placing the glass down on the windowsill. Her other hand was still resting over her hand before she realised and lowered it. "My heart is also racing like crazy today. I feel really nervous, Danny. I'm going to miss you so much while I'm away," she admitted.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Danny)

Alistair Sawyer

1612998509392.pngWhilst Alistair had been anticipating an assassination on his life, he wasn’t expecting it to turn out quite like this. He had been expecting the merciless wrath of Gabriel, Marcus, Tatiana or Teddy, with all the passion of a full-blown revenge for the trauma he had indirectly caused the young Valentina. He thought of how his own men would have gone about this kind of job - Ethan, Steve and Luke were all reliable when it came to killing, and he trusted them to do it in their own way, which almost always involved prolongued pain and torture before delivering a brutal execution. That was what he was expecting. Yet Tony, for whatever violent activity had formed the connection between him and the East Harlemites, hadn’t brought it with him this time. He was doing this because he had to, not because he wanted to. The way he lowered his gun suggested that that bond went deeper than just a common interest. There was a level of loyalty there, too. It was that loyalty that put the look of hurt in his eyes and the slight yet noticeable tremor in his hand, and why he had let Melissa get away with her life.

A fresh cloud of smoke rolled into the air between them as Alistair let out a sigh. “It wasn’t Steve’s plan, Tony,” he confessed. “Granted, it wasn’t all to my design, but my only requirement was to not kill her.” Alistair paused for a moment to reflect on the disappointment that the alliance with the Morettis had turned out to be. “I’m afraid this has been going on for longer than you think, Tony, and not just from us in East Harlem. When we allied ourselves with the Morettis, it was a mutually beneficial arrangement - we’d help Moretti eliminate the Irish, and in return earn more power in this city. So, why would we hurt each other? To frame our common enemy?” Alistair took another long draw from his cigar, keeping his eyes fixed on Tony as though waiting for him to answer. Then he shrugged. “Maybe it worked once or twice, but we knew on both sides what was really going on. It was only a matter of time before it all came to a head. So yes, you’re right, Tony, we could have achieved great things together. I certainly wanted to. But the truth is, you can’t trust anyone in this business. You’d be wise to take that advice.”

A distant siren stole Alistair’s attention then, and he steered his heavy head towards the sloping window wall that showed a panoramic view of the city. It was a truly stunning view, one of the best luxuries that Alistair’s business had afforded him. “That nurse of mine is probably on a call with the cops as we speak,” he pointed out, before turning his gaze back onto the man sent to kill him. “You know, you’re a good one, Tony. You’re gonna go far in this business and I’m sorry I won’t be around to see it.” He took one last long draw from his cigar, savouring the rich flavour, before leaning carefully towards the coffee table and setting it down. Now with his hand free, he wheeled himself around to be facing the window, so that he could go out with one last look at the city he called home. He was ready. “You’re running out of time,” he said, exhaling the last of the smoke. “Just do what you came here to do and don’t get caught.”

Interactions
RayPurchase RayPurchase Tony

Aliana Cartwright-Sullivan
6k5HgGO.jpg

You would never have known Aliana and her sisters were just cutting up flowers to replace the ones that were lost. She had to give Lucy props on creating a display that was probably better than the original ones she ordered. All that was left was her husband and nephew to return so they could get the show on the road. Weddings were her favorite things to see, especially when it was two people who deserved it the most. It may have been the pregnancies hormones or even the fact that they were finally going him, but Ali couldn’t stop the tears from escaping her eyes. This peaceful feeling she had she hoped would last for at least a year. Just one year was all she was asking.

Once Lucy finished her speech and the newlyweds spent time with each other, Ali immediately sought out food. She caught Leo and asked him to get her olives from the bartender. She had been craving them since the beginning and thought she would die if she didn’t get any. Once he returned she let go off an play with his cousin, so long as he didn’t break anything else. Ali had opened her mouth to say something to Sinead when her husband began giving a speech. Of course he’d be urging people on to take shots when she’s pregnant and can’t drink hard liquor. “How rude of you. I think you should give up alcohol until the baby is born.” She stated, glossing over the fact he was indeed using vulgar language in front of the kids. She had other priorities.

At the mention of cupcakes, Sinead seemed to spring into action. “Save me some!” She shouted, turning her attention to her husband. At first she was feeling very loving towards him, having him around boosting her serotonin levels. He just had to ruin it by mentioning that stupid name. She was fully aware he was doing it to purposely wind her up, which is why she threw an olive at him and slapped his hand away. “Away from me. You can get away from me until you stop wishing such a curse on me. Two of you are enough.” She slipped another olive into her mouth before shaking her head. “You have you mini me, it’s only fair I get mine. Anyway, enjoy yourself; you deserve it. Could be the most peace we have considering the big move.” She paused for a moment before turning back to him. “Just don’t get too drunk. I may be in the need of some entertainment tonight.”

Valentina Moretti

1611707388078-png.838145
Valentina caught the serious look on Teddy's face as she held his hand. Despite everything she had been through and was still going through, to some extent, it never left her mind that Teddy had suffered too. Ever since the night he came to the mansion covered in blood having being tortured by the Porters, she'd been concerned about him. The physical injuries were of course her initial concerns, as was her father's apparent rejection of him for spilling details to the Irish in return for his own life. But aside from all of that, she had be worried about how the ordeal had affected him emotionally and even with Gabriel accepting Teddy back into the family, she doubted Teddy could simply forget about what had happened to him that night. And now, following her own traumatic experience, she understood more than anyone the kind of effects such a thing could have on a person.

When Teddy stood up rounded the counter to stand next to her, Valentina looked up to him and sent a warm, fond smile in his direction. "Hey, don't you be spreading rumours about me being a softie! I've a hard job on trying to convince my family of otherwise!" she playfully berated him. "Hmmm. So you think you have to look after me? In that case, maybe I will go out and cause trouble, Theodore. Give you some more grey hairs to not cover up," she teased him.

Valentina stood up from her seat and looked up to Teddy's face, her warm smile now replaced with one that was a little more vulnerable than he would be used to. There was nothing about Teddy that made her feel uncomfortable and she was determined to break free of the chains that were holding her back. As an effect of her attack, she knew things would take more time than they would have in the past but everything felt so natural when she was with Teddy and it was difficult to deny how close she felt to him. "Thank you for making us lunch, it's was beautiful," she told him. Even though their date was only just at the beginning, she was already drawn to him and her heart was racing in her chest. Valentina stepped forward and reached out to wrap her arms around his waist to pull him in for a close embrace.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Teddy)

Tony Harris

1613765414924.png
Alistair was right. Moretti wasn’t one to share, not matter what agreements were made or pieces of papers signed. This had just been a marriage of convenience, one that would fall away in the end. Tony had just allowed himself to get too close, and now he had been burnt by it. He let out a snort of laughter as Alistair mentioned not trusting anyone in this particular line of work.

“Don’t I know it Alistair. Guess we always need a refresher course every once in a while, and I guess that this one is mine,”

The siren stole both of their attentions though. It wasn’t going to be heading in their direction, but like Alistair said, it wouldn’t be long until nursie got through to the cops. An armed man in this sort of apartment? There would be at least a couple of squad cars on the way. Things had to be wrapped up one way or another, a new chapter for New York was dawning, and unfortunately for the two of them, only one was going to live to see it. Tony stepped behind Alistair, allowing him an uninterrupted view of the city, the morning sun glistening against the glass high rises.

“You deserved a better end than this mate, but maybe this is as good as it gets for guys like us. A solid view, and in our own home. Save me a space at the bar will you, mine’s a pint of bitter,”

He was supposed to have made it slow, a painful end for the last living man to cross the Morettis and go after them personally. But the blood was going to be on Tony’s hands, and the manner of Alistair’s death was in his hands. A man who he had respected, and man who he hag got on with, and a man who he now had to kill. The thought of letting him go didn’t even cross his mind, that would simply be a death sentence for him, and a temporary stay of execution for both of them. A single bullet. A coup de grace. That’s all it took, Alistair wouldn’t have felt a thing. He didn’t feel a thing. The gun hardly lept in his hand, and the wheelchair kept Alistair upright, from a distance he could have been sleeping, only a soft whisper as he slumped back into the frame of the chair. Tony slowly removed his hand from the man’s shoulder.

The subsequent 5 shots were simply for show, telling a story of torture and violence, one that was a lie. As he began to clamber out of the fire escape Tony paused, one leg out of the window, and looked back. One of the wheelchair’s handles was visible, but not Alistair himself. Tony couldn’t help recall those penultimate words ‘You’re running out of time’. Just words he told himself, with no deeper meaning, but he couldn’t help wonder, how much time did he have?

(Interaction: Pyroclast Pyroclast Alistair)

Danny Vaughan

1613834550669.pngBeing raised in a commune of free-loving hippies had introduced Danny to a world of alternative lifestyles. The idea of a nuclear family dynamic and of heterosexual monogamy was something he had broken free from long ago, and had seen many family friends enter same sex relationships. But outside of his own network, he hadn’t heard of many homosexual weddings. It was refreshing to know that the mob he worked for was openly accepting of Finn and George’s relationship, and Danny was grateful that he had been invited to celebrate it with them - especially as it meant he got to spend more time with his girlfriend. Knowing that their time together was limited made every moment with her all the more precious.

As the two of them stood at the window with glasses of champagne in hand, Savannah reminded him of the change that was to come. Danny wasn’t much of a worrier by nature, but if there was ever anything weighing on his mind, all it took was a dose of Savannah’s company to make him forget all about it. In this circumstance, however, being with her made him feel the looming dread even more. The thought of not having Savannah around put a heavy ache in his chest. He couldn’t sleep for thinking of the ways in which their relationship would have to adapt. Of course, he kept it to himself, preferring to focus on the positive outcomes. From the way Savannah seemed to feel about it, he figured that she needed all his support.

“Hey, it’s natural to be nervous, Savannah,” he assured her with a smile. “Big changes like this ain’t meant to be easy. They're meant to propel you out of your comfort zone so you can expand to fit the world around you. You're gonna go so far, Sav, I really believe in that. As long as you understand that you deserve this opportunity, there's nothing that can stop you." With a broad, genuine smile, he leaned forward and kissed her on the forehead. "And as for me and you, well...as hard as it may be to be apart, I don't believe there's anythin' that can get between us. It's gonna hurt, and I'm gonna miss you like I've never missed anyone before, but nothin's gonna stop me lovin' you, Savvy. I'm yours forever."

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Savannah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back