• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Empire City: The Irish Mob - IC (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Jason Costello

77ff92bf63fd48a18979153984176dba.gif It wasn't much just to hear the words - Jason knew how unreliable addicts could be - but he smiled all the same when Gwen shook and kissed his hand and agreed to keep fighting. Even if she couldn't keep her word, he would at least know that she had wanted to at some point in time. Heroin may have been higher than him on her list of priorities but he was still on that list somewhere, and he considered himself very fortunate for that.

Following her eyes as they fell to the trace marks on her arm, Jason didn't look for long. He had seen them on the arms of several of his fellow inmates during his time in prison, and one or two of the residents in his old apartment block in Dublin. It was like the mark of some sad club, one that he had never expected Gwen to end up a member of. She soon began to tell him a story of her beginnings in New York; from the moment she brought up Edward Bryant, Jason found himself looking out for any similarities between the man and himself just in case he was on track for breaking Gwen's heart again. However, it turned out not to be the point of the story at all, as she went on to reveal that Eddie had been the one to drug her without her consent, instantly getting her hooked on heroin.

Jason dropped his head down and closed his eyes, overcome with regret and resentment - both at the man who took away all control she had over her life, and at himself for ever leaving her in the first place. It got worse when she told him about Lorelei being born already addicted to heroin, and her husband beating her. Her descriptions were graphic and created horrific imagery in Jason's mind, spurring more self-loathing and immense heartache for what Gwen had gone through. It was terrible to imagine her experiencing it all whilst thousands of miles away from him, and he mentally beat himself up for ever parting ways with her. Now, he would do anything to protect her from harm.

She ended by telling him that Eddie had got what was coming to him, but Jason didn't want to know. He didn't care what had happened to the man, as long as he had in some way received his karmic punishment. Gwen looked like she needed to cry and Jason was still stunned by what she had told him, so he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into his chest. The second she couldn't see his face, he felt a lump form in his throat and he had to take a moment to swallow it down. "Let me swear t'ye now, Gwen - I will never, ever be like that man," he murmured, his voice deepening as he fought to repress his own emotions. "I promise that you and Lorelei will be safe for as long as you're wit' me. You'll never go through anythin' like that again."

With his head resting on top of hers, Jason noticed the painful stillness of her room, having to focus on keeping his breathing normal in case she could hear it over the silence. His gaze settled somewhere between the walls ahead; all he could see were visions of Gwen being abused. It broke his heart - but the pain was deepened by the thought that all of this traced back to him. He was the first domino in a series of life-altering events, that had caused her immense trauma and cost her her freedom. The longer he thought about it, the looser his grip on her became until eventually he pulled away from the embrace entirely. When their eyes met, Jason automatically smiled, but he wasn't feeling in any way positive. "You know ye can always call me up, okay? I'll come for you day or night. Anythin' at all you want, I'll bring to you - anythin' I can do to help, I'll do. You've got me, too, Gwen. You've got me for good this time." He sent her another smile, this time ensuring it carried comfort and reassurance - but even though he really did want to support her in any way he could, he felt like he was acting.

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Gwen

Ani Sarraf
82ce8885fead48a6ad1fcd179f0a10eb.jpg
Ani eyes glanced to Conor as Maddox told her that he had told him everything. The blood running down Maddox's arm made Ani's bottom lip tremble. Fear gripped her lungs, pulling the air from them as Conor confirmed that Maddox was now working for the Porters. Conor and whoever the other man was walked towards the door, but as the other man slipped out, Conor stopped beside her. His warning was clear and she found herself nodding her head once, turning her eyes to stare into his before he walked out the door. Ani stepped inside the office further but stopped only a few feet from the door as Maddox rushed to shut and lock it.

A lump formed in Ani's throat as she watched Maddox walk right past her, not noticing the panicked look in her eyes as he grabbed a medical kit. Saying nothing, she watched as he sat on the edge of his desk, tending to his wound. He spoke up, looking her way before his words trailed off. Ani's eyes burned with tears as he rushed towards her placing his hands on her shoulder. Unable to contain herself any longer, a small sob escaped her as she dropped her head and squeezed her eyes tightly.

"Al-Alistair." She choked out as her chest rose and dropped rapidly with quick and shallow breaths. "Ammon!" She cried, speaking was becoming incredibly difficult as her throat felt nearly closed but she managed to say, "Dead" before she collapsed into Maddox's arms burying her face as deep as she could into his chest.

Ani took quite a while to contain herself but soon there was no more tears left to cry, her eyes were painfully swollen and dry. Eventually, she broke the embrace to look down at Maddox's arm. "That looks serious," She croaked in a monotone voice. She didn't have the energy to try and pretend that she was okay. A dull ache could be felt around her bony, shoulders sagging as they felt heavy. "I think you need stitches, love. Is there a sewing kit in there?" Moving back towards his desk, she saw what she needed and pulled out the kit. "Sit down." She murmured.
with: Maddox Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lucy Porter
sad.jpg
Blake and Lucy were having tea in the main lounge when the sound of someone coming through the door peaked both of their interest. Lucy hoped that it was James but it was Conor's voice calling her. He cut off what he was saying as he saw who Lucy was with. Lucy smiled as Blake stood up to give the man a hug. "Hey you!" Blake exclaimed, squeezing the man tight before letting him go. Natasha was playing on the floor next to Blake and looked up at Conor curiously. Shyly, Natasha dipped her head as Conor spoke to her. "I will, Uncle Conor." Natasha mumbled shyly before smiling and returning to play with her toys.

Lucy and Blake were chatting about doing something nice for dinner when Conor asked Lucy if they could talk in James' office. Lucy's smile fell from her face before she nodded her head. "We'll be right back." She told Blake before following her brother into her husband's office. Once the door was, Lucy had settled on the sofa while Conor remained standing. Lucy wasn't sure what she was expecting to hear given the way he was acting but when he confirmed that Syd had been right to accuse Dr. Parker for his suicide attempt, her mouth hung open.

At first she was at a loss for words, unable to formulate the mixture of blinding hot rage and extreme guilt she was feeling all at the same time. Bringing both hands to her mouth, she leaned forward to rest her elbows on her knees. Shaking her head a few times, Lucy brought her hands away from her mouth, looking up at Conor with tears welling in her eyes.

"And to think I dared to doubt my own son." She whispered, leaning back her hands balled into fists. "You saw him, yes? I hope you were clear in telling him that no one fucks with my son. She said darkly. Hearing the slightest noise of the front door opening, Lucy looked to the office door a moment, wondering if James was home.

"Dr. Parker is our link to Moretti then, which means we can't kill him yet. What did you do when you found out Conor?" She asked. Lucy wanted Maddox dead but she knew that they could use him against Moretti. Syd had been right all along and Lucy had been so quick to dismiss him because of his paranoia. Heat rose in her chest just thinking about what that man had put her son through emotionally. All under her watch, she had let him suffer, it was her fault. "We can't let him out of our sight. We have surveillance on him but I want to know he's being watched, scare him into cooperating. And I don't care how valuable him being alive is to the gang's survival, if he steps out of line, I will personally put a bullet in his miserable head.":
with: Conor Misty Gray Misty Gray

Thomas Porter
Thomas 3.jpg
"THOMAS!" Lorelei screamed as the boy started running away from the dining room table after ripping the head off of her Barbie. "Get back here!" She called, climbing out of the rather tall chair carefully before running to chase after him. "I HAD TO MAKE SURE SHE WAS DEAD!" Thomas yelled in defense but as soon as he saw his father, Thomas nearly slipped from stopping himself so quickly. "Dad!" He greeted as he ran towards him with open arms. Squeezing the man as tight as he could, he embraced him for a moment before Lorelei stopped into the room.

"Damn it, Thomas!" She hissed as she held up her headless Barbie. "Give me the freaking head back!" Rory demanded, not even bothering to greet her Uncle until she got what she wanted back. Thomas shook his head and held his hand up high so Rory couldn't reach the head. "I'm just looking out for this family! My dinosaur killed her and to make sure she doesn't turn into a zombie, you have to cut the head off! Right, Dad?" Thomas looked up to James with a confident look in his eye, but Lorelei wasn't having any of it.

Stomping her foot once, she reached on her tip toes to try to grab the head from Thomas' hand. "Give it you stupid meanie! Uncle James! Tell him to give it back!" She cried helplessly but Thomas just rolled his eyes before lowering his hands. "Jeez, if you're going to rat on me to my old man. I don't want your stupid head anyway. If you turn into a zombie, don't come cryin' to me kid!" Thomas said before Lorelei huffed and ran off to find the new girl in the house.

Thomas sighed, "Kids, amiright?" He joked before smirking at his dad. "I missed you, pops! Mom's been suffocating me with her attention all day. I swear she thinks I'm two years old or something. And there are too many girls around!" He complained before frowning, "I really miss Syd."
with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray

Gwen Bryant
Talking .gif
Gwen accepted the hug from Jason and just rested her face against his chest. His promises were reassuring but Gwen knew that Jason would never do something like that to her or her daughter. The room was silent and Gwen could hear Jason's slow breathing. She closed her eyes, feeling completely secure in his arms as her mind thought about the chance of having a life Jason. The hug didn't last long and soon he pulled away from her, a smile on his face as he reminded her that she could always call him.

Nodding her head, Gwen smiled a warm feeling passing through her as he told her she had him for good. His commitment to her was what was different this time, he was different...matured. Part of her was thrilled that he pushed for a chance to have a life with her, that he was promising security but another part was unsure of what that meant for them. Sure they had a rough break up, but Gwen had felt the same way about him then as she does now. Jason seemed to be expressing the same feelings, he promised commitment but her pessimistic mind couldn't help but wonder if it could all be just talk.

He had stuck around for this long, through her drug addiction and the trouble that was brought on because of it. Gwen's hesitation was understandable if she was dealing with the old Jason but she wasn't. This man before her was someone she almost didn't recognize as she stared openly at him now. Noticing the strange look in his eyes, Gwen wondered what he was thinking. Very much aware of what her addiction could do to others, she was amazed that he had been able to be calm about the whole thing.

Not that she was expecting him to react a certain way, but he was almost stoic. He smiled at her but it didn't reach his eyes. What if he was just saying this to save her? Jason was an actor, he could very easily fool her with her guard down. "Jason," Gwen whispered as she reached her hand out to cup his cheek, swiping her thumb against it. Staring into his eyes for a long moment, she searched for any signs of insincerity. "I've thought a lot about what we have..." She started, but she wasn't sure if what she wanted to say would come out right. Her heart began to race as she knew what she had to say. If Jason was really committed then he would say it back...right?

"I love you."

with: Jason Pyroclast Pyroclast

Adam Harper
dywpwcuwsaamkg-jpg.676485
Adam faintly smiled when Brooklyn mentioned she liked to try out new places. That was a promising sign that she was adventurous and he liked that in a woman. Certainly she must have had some guts to walk alone into a pub like The Emerald and still stay for a drink even after seeing what the place was like on the inside. He returned her smile with a charming one of his own. "Now you're here, does the place live up to all the hype?" he curiously asked. When on the job, Adam tended to be a man of few words and kept a stoic distance from others. Considering he was now on his own time and in the presence of an attractive female, he was inclined to be more relaxed.

He took another drink from his glass, keeping his eyes on Brooklyn as he did. He placed the glass back down on the bar, nodding as she clarified he was from the Bronx. She mentioned his accent, which drew a chuckle from Adam as she drew from it assumptions that there was something more exotic about him than the Bronx. "My mother's Spanish. She came over here a few years before I was born," he divulged to her. His questionable times spent in South America were something he was less open to sharing.

"This, right now, ain't working," he corrected Brooklyn, lifting his glass to backup the fact he was indeed on his own time. "You seem quite interested in my living arrangements," he pointed out, his tone taking on a more serious edge. He then softened his features before flashing a grin. "I've got an apartment over in Hell's Kitchen. The area's a bit of a shithole, but my place is pretty decent," he explained. He wasn't sure if the woman was asking to make conversation or something else. It was certainly too early into their drinks and chat to be inviting her back to see his apartment first hand.

"So, Brooklyn... You wouldn't happen to be from Brooklyn, would you?" he asked her. "Do you work around here?"

Bellz Bellz (Brooklyn)

James Porter

570ec35c1c3431668a27592da84dda48.jpgHearing Lorelei screeching nearby, James froze on the spot and took a moment to prepare himself for the potential onslaught of bickering children. He massaged his temple and let out a grunt before taking a deep breath, ready to face whatever disagreement the kids were having. "No running in the house!" the man's assertive voice commanded as his son and niece approached. He didn't have much warning before Thomas greeted him with a hug. James returned the gesture with a firm embrace of his own. They held the hug for a moment, James making the most of the time he'd been gifted with considering the day he'd had. "Good to see you, mate," he softly told him.

The embrace ended when Lorelei caught up, demanding a head back or something equally bizarre. It soon became apparent that Thomas had pulled the head off of Lorelei's Barbie doll. The boy then explained he'd removed the doll's head so it didn't turn into a zombie. Considering what he'd just forced Teddy to endure, James couldn't help it when his mind briefly wandered back to the gruesome torture that had been inflicted on the man. Thomas asked for his backup on the matter of how to deal with zombies. "I don't know, mate. I don't think they were teaching zombie survival techniques back in my day, when I was skipping school," he remarked. "But how about we have no more severed body parts from Rory's dolls? If you want to break your own toys, go ahead, though I won't be replacing them."

As Lorelei became restless about being unable to reach the doll's head Thomas was holding in the air, James was about to snatch the object out of his son's hand. Luckily, Thomas already gave in and let the girl take the doll's head back. "Rory, maybe I can--" James began, but paused as his niece ran off. "...fix it," he quietly grumbled.

James looked back to Thomas and couldn't help but chuckle at the boy's joke about 'kids'. "Yup. They're a real pain in the neck," he teased ruffling Thomas' hair. "I missed you too... Your mum just wants to look after you. Even if she doesn't spoil you rotten. If I had my way, you'd have been out doing chores all day," he playfully threatened the boy. "You're right about all the women around, though. Nightmare, right?" James' smile dropped when Thomas mentioned missing Syd. He let out a soft sigh and placed his arm around his son's shoulder. "So do I..." he agreed with him. "We're working on it, though. We all want him back home and I'm going to make sure it happens. I just need you to be patient, alright?"

James looked down to Thomas and sent him a warm smile. "I'm home for the rest of the evening now. Is there anything you want us to do together? A game, movie... homework?" he offered him.

Bellz Bellz (Thomas)

Jason Costello

77ff92bf63fd48a18979153984176dba.gif There was so much emotion in the air that Jason felt like he had stepped out of his own skin and into that of some character on a stage. It was something of a coping mechanism, pretending to be somebody else; if the pain wasn't his, then it was easier to deal with. Instead of feeling his emotions, he could just detach and look at the situation through a more objective lens. And right now, as he gazed into Gwen's tearful, sunken eyes, Jason employed that mechanism without a second thought.

As though to remind him who he was, Gwen whispered his name and reached up to cup his face in her hand. He gave her a somewhat distant smile. "What is it, babe?" he whispered back. Their eyes were locked in a long, fixed gaze until eventually she spoke again. Her confession caused him to recoil slightly, the smile on his face now under strain. Even from Gwen, whom he felt entirely devoted to, those words didn't sound like they belonged to him. To his memory, nobody had ever said those words to him in his life - at least nobody that he cared about or believed was telling the truth. Even his Nana, the only family he had beyond the age of ten, was too reserved to express her love for him so explicitly. An uncomfortable feeling began to form in the pit of his stomach and he turned away from Gwen, gripping the edges of her mattress as though about to launch himself to his feet. But he simply stayed there, speechless, suddenly feeling like he was somewhere he didn't deserve to be. Even though he believed wholeheartedly that the two were soulmates, it was moments like this that called to question whether or not that was a good thing. There was still so much she didn't know about him - his criminal past, his family - and if, after he told her, she changed her mind about him, it would hurt all the more now that she had confessed her love.

"You know I'd move the sun and the moon for you," Jason murmured, the energy in his voice dropping so low that he barely sounded like himself. "So just...tell me where ye want them." His throat constricted as he struggled to come up with a reason to leave the room. Heaving a sigh, Jason pushed himself to his feet, pinching the bridge of his nose as he felt a tension headache coming on. When he let go, he managed to bring a soft smile to his face, gazing at her with adoration. "I'm proud of you, ye know. I'll come by tomorrow t'see you, okay? And I'll call tonight, in case you're awake. I just...y'know, I-I've got some things to prepare before tomorrow's rehearsal, so…" He gestured towards the door before stepping closer to her and bending down. Meeting her eye briefly, he worried that she might see through him and so slipped a hand around the back of her head to guide her into a kiss. But even that was painful. "I'll just go and say goodbye to Rory on my way out. Thank you for being so open wit' me, Gwen. Please do know I only want the best for you, and I'll do anything I can to give you that."

Jason kissed her on the forehead on his way to standing, and then picked up her hand to squeeze it gently before letting it fall and walking out of the room. The second he was on the other side of the door he closed his eyes and let out a slow exhale. He could hear voices downstairs of people that he knew he didn't want to meet, but thankfully when he reached the bottom of the stairs he spotted Lorelei running past him. "Rory," he called out, relieved to see the girl as he felt it was somehow easier to put on a brave face around a child. He looked down at the broken doll she carried in her hand. "What's that ye got there?" he asked, slowly prying it from her hands. He took the head of the Barbie doll and slotted it back in its place, rotating it so that she faced the right way before passing it back to the girl. "You be good for yer mam now," he gently commanded, sweeping a mass of red curls behind her shoulder. "I'll see ye again soon, kid."

The ride home was difficult - terrified to be alone with his thoughts, Jason had to make an effort to switch off until he eventually just shut down. He got into the apartment to feed Ruben, but didn't shut the door, not wanting to close himself in. He couldn't be around Gwen, but he also didn't want to be alone. His emotions were threatening to rise up and out of him and he wanted nothing less than to let them take control. He needed to do something to control them, and unfortunately at times like this there was only one way he knew how. So, acting on autopilot without allowing any room for thought in his head, Jason left Ruben to eat alone and set off towards the nearest liquor store.

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Gwen, Lorelei

Maddox Parker

yyuyu-png.672675
As soon as Ani spoke Alistair's name, a lump formed in Maddox's throat. After the threats Gabriel had made and the way the East Harlem boss had been acting towards him, Maddox's mind jumped to the conclusion Ani had been punished for their relationship. She followed up by mentioning Ammon along with the word 'dead'. When she fell into his chest, Maddox wrapped his arms tightly around her shoulders, holding her as close to him as he comfortably could. "Ani..." he softly spoke her name. He looked down and placed a kiss on top of her head as he gently rubbed the tops of her arms. "What are you trying to tell me? Did Alistair kill Ammon? What happen, love? Are you hurt?" he worriedly asked her. "Please tell me you're not hurt. What happened to Ammon?" he asked, his thoughts oddly muddled as he felt the grief radiating from Ani, only to mix with his deep concerns for their safety. Too much was happening at once and Maddox felt like he was losing control. This wasn't familiar territory to him and that was unsettling to him.

Maddox continued to hold Ani, pushing aside his own worries to console the woman he loved. When she eventually pulled away, he looked to see her swollen eyes. "Oh, Ani. I'm so sorry. I love you so much and I wish I could take away all of your suffering. I would like nothing more than to get far away from this city and to take you with me..." he sadly trailed off.

Ani's attention fixed onto his bleeding arm and Maddox shrugged his shoulders when she told him the wound looked serious. "In the grand scheme of things, it's nothing," he softly assured her. When she mentioned his arm needing stitches, he pulled an uncomfortable expression as he pointed to the drawer the sewing kit was kept inside of. "I suppose it could have been much worse," he admitted. He sat on the couch when told to and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. "The violence and the threats aside, Conor's a nice guy. It's why I couldn't do that to him."

Maddox let Ani tend to his wound and only when she'd finished did he take her hand in his. "What happened today? What did Alistair do to you and Ammon?"

Bellz Bellz (Ani)

Gabriel Moretti
~ Luis and Carlos Martinez ~

888b3ed824ec0f9eaf48c6f4a12ac206-jpg.673108
Gabriel cocked his head to the side as he waited for Miguel to answer his question. When the man managed to force out some profanity at the Italian boss, Gabriel simply chuckled in response. He fished into his pocket for the blade he'd earlier swiped from up in the salon. He'd intended on using it as a weapon to make Miguel suffer, but the caustic soda had proved effective enough and it meant Gabriel didn't need to get the traitor's blood on his hands. He tossed the cut-throat razor onto the table before turning to watch Tony do as instructed and kill Carlos. Once the deed had been done, Gabriel's attention returned to Miguel. Without further word or warning, he advanced on the man and fired two bullets into the back of his skull.

That left only one Martinez man to deal with and Gabriel soon brought his attention to Luis. He took slow steps towards the remaining Puerto Rican and Tatiana, stopping just a couple of feet from the snitch. "I would like to take this moment to thank you for bringing your cousins' discrepancies to my attention. I am grateful for your honesty on this matter," he said, patting the top on the man's arm. He then smiled at Luis. It was an unsettling smile; one which held some malice that was equally reflected in his cold eyes. "However. I could never trust a man who would betray his own family like that. If you could do that to them, then how could I possibly trust you to keep quiet where my business is concerned? You are weak and self-serving--"

"No. It's not like that. Mr Mor---" Luis began to frantically protest.

"DO NOT speak over me," Gabriel's voice boomed loudly throughout the room. He then looked to Tatiana and sent her a strangely fond smile. "I want this rat dead too. Would you like to do the honours?" he asked his daughter. Whilst it was Tatiana's choice to make, there was no doubt it was also one of Gabriel's many tests. If she wanted to work for him, she would have to do the dirty jobs too.

Once all three men were dealt with, Gabriel's intention was for his two guards to clear out the drugs and torch the shop later that night, leaving as little evidence as possible behind.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Tatiana, Miguel)

Gwen Bryant
Thomas Porter & Lorelei Bryant
Talking .gif
Gwen didn't miss the way Jason recoiled as she told him she loved him. The air from her lungs disappeared as she saw the strained smile on his face. He told her that he would move the sun and moon for her but failed to say 'I love you' in return. Gwen felt her composure cracking little by little as Jason pushed himself to his feet, looking clearly overwhelmed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. Gwen stared at the mirror across the room, seeing the disappointment was evident on her face, she cleared her throat and forced herself to remain in control of her emotions. He told her he was proud of her and that he would come by tomorrow but it was clear he didn't have any intention of returning her love. Gripping the sheets on her bed, Gwen clutched them hard as she tried fought to remain calm.

How could he say all of those things but not say that he loved her? The situation they were in reminded her of the last time he left her...before James' wedding. Panic rose in her chest and she was mentally beating herself up for saying the wrong thing. He kissed her but Gwen wasn't as responsive to it. He said he'd say goodbye to Lorelei and then he was gone, just like that. With the door finally closed, Gwen was left in the heavy silence of her dark room. She thought she would be able to cry but no tears came, clearly too shocked by what just happened to will tears.

Lorelei was making her way towards the stairs to tell her mother what Thomas had done to her Barbie when Jason appeared at the bottom of them. "Thomas ripped off her head." She mumbled grumpily upon Jason asking what she had. He took the doll and fixed it before handing it back to her. The girl smiled widely, "Thanks, Jason!" Rory chirped before he told her to be good for Gwen, sweeping her red curls behind her shoulder. "I will! See you soon!" She said before running up the stairs and into their room.

"Mom! Thomas ripped the head off my Barbie but look! Jason fixed her!" Rory said, not even noticing the heartbroken mess her mother was in that moment. Gwen turned her head to look at her daughter, mustering up a small smile, she said, "That's great." Rory nodded her head before moving to grab her mother's hand. "Come downstairs! Uncle James is home! And there is even new people here! You're missing it!" Gwen let her pull on her hand without moving for a few moments before the woman sighed. "Okay, okay." She whispered before shakily moving to her feet. Rory knew to help her balance as they slowly walked towards the door.

Thomas leaned into his father's side as he placed his arm around his shoulders. James promised to make sure Syd got out of that cruddy hospital and asked Thomas to be patient. The boy nodded his head. "I can be patient, Dad." He said before he thought about what they could do together. "We should watch a movie!!" Thomas said before two people caught his eye at the top of the stairs. "Aunt Gwen!" He cheered before his face turned serious. "You look horrible." He commented to which Gwen made a face and Lorelei frowned. "Don't say that, you jerk!" The little girl growled in defense but Gwen just chuckled as she took each step one by one very slowly.

"Being an adult does that to you, kid." Gwen told Thomas and when her and Lorelei reached the bottom of the steps, Gwen could properly look at her brother. "Finally not working, huh? Nice to see you back home." She wondered how the hell Jason was able to slip past her brother without a word, part of her wanting nothing more than for him to feel embarrassed by James at the moment. Not able to think about Jason, she sighed and looked around the entry way. "It sound busy around here."
with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:
Conor Sullivan

tumblr_ps0l6xd6ip1wqzz0io5_r1_540-jpg.678276
Seeing Lucy was upset, Conor sat on the sofa beside her and placed his arm around her shoulder. "Lucy, you shouldn't feel bad. I doubted Syd too and I'd spent so much time with Dr. Parker yet I didn't have a clue what he was doing. I feel so fucking dumb," he admitted. "I made sure he knew how big a mistake he'd made screwing with Syd." He nodded along when Lucy spoke about Maddox being a link to the Morettis. At least she was in agreement with him that they had to keep the counsellor alive so they could use his position to their advantage.

Conor covered his face with his hand when asked what he did when he found out the truth. He then uncovered his face and looked to Lucy. "I grabbed him by the throat and pinned him against the wall, then threw him onto the floor. Guy sliced his arm open on a coffee table but he'll live. I knew I had to keep him alive if there's to be any chance of us getting Syd out and of me avoiding going back to prison." He let out a deep sigh. "He's not going to report that I attacked him... But I've told him he's working for us now. He's going to make sure Syd gets out and he's going to stay on Moretti's good side so he can feed information back to me. I told him I'd be checking up on him every day. We can make sure he's watched, but we have to do it so the Morettis don't suspect anything"

Conor rested his elbow on his lap and covered his mouth with his hand. "I um.... I told him if he put a foot out of line, I'll have the rest of his family and his girlfriend killed." He quickly shook his head as he thought about what he'd learned. "Parker was doing all of this for revenge. Back in Dublin, James had Richard Duncan and some of his family members killed when he crossed us. Turns out, Richard Duncan was Parker's dad... I know I shouldn't, but I can't help but feel a bit of sympathy for the prick. We both know what it's like to lose family in all of this. Our father was gunned down too, on the order of a gang boss. I know how much that ate away at me and how I wanted revenge. I'm not condoning the level of calculation and manipulation Parker went to, but I..." Conor sat back and let out a deep, exhausted breath. "Am I doing the wrong thing here? Part of me knows the bloke should be strung up for what he's done to Syd, but I know he still has his uses to us and he can help us get Syd back. And I.. I guess I like the guy, at least I did when I thought I knew him. I've felt his pain. We both have, Luce..."

Bellz Bellz (Lucy)

Ani Sarraf
Once Ani was done stitching up Maddox she was silent as he asked what had happened. Part of her was not ready to talk about what happened but she knew that he needed to understand what exactly had happened. Taking a deep breath as she put away the kit, Ani then moved beside to sit on the couch with Maddox. Leaning into him, she wrapped an arm around his stomach before resting her head on his shoulder. Staring blankly towards the door, she remember that Maddox had locked it which comforted her only a little. "Alistair wanted to punish me." She started, "He...he sounded so possessive, reminding me that I worked for him, not for you or Ammon." Ani's eyes slipped closed as she fought back tears and she could see Alistair's angry face looking at her with disgust. Snapping her eyes open quickly, Ani's breathing hitched as a sob formed in her chest.

"They put Ammon in a chair and locked him down. And it was all because of me..." Her voice lowered to a whisper and the image of her brother's eyes glancing her way haunted her mind. "Alistair doused Ammon with gasoline, no matter how loud I screamed, he just flicked his cigar at Ammon and his whole body caught on fire." Tears flowed down Ani's cheeks and she lifted her head to look at Maddox. "There was nothing I could do to stop it, and he looked at me as he burned and I swear Maddox, I saw fear in them." Ani sobbed and shook her head.

"They made me watch until Alistair put him out. And he said if I don't clean up the mess tonight, we'd both be dead by tomorrow." Ani didn't want to return to her brother's body, she didn't want to have to clean up the remains of what was left. The fowl stench haunted her so much that she had taken a scolding hot shower that left a few blisters on her skin.

"I can't work for them anymore. Maddox, I'm afraid of what he's going to do to me. I'm afraid of what they are going to do to us. And now that the Porters know, how can you work for them without Moretti and the rest finding out." Ani's voice grew higher as she started to panic. Her skin tingled and her breathing was uneven. Ani only rarely experienced panic attacks but right now, it seemed like she was going into the biggest one she'd ever had.

"What are we going to do? How do we get out of this? I can't bear the thought of what will happen, Maddox. I'm so scared."

Owen Yu

Rough Up.pngAlthough The Lomax wasn't that far their apartment, navigating through the crowds and traffic of Midtown during rush hour had left him drained. Even though the NYC weather hadn't quite cooled off yet for autumn, he started to shiver periodically from the combination of nerves and the coolness of the shaded area setting in, despite him breaking a sweat. He felt weak, even compared to the gentle voice of his pacifist roommate.

"I know," Owen said quietly, although he wasn't exactly sure how Pyroclast Pyroclast would've been able to help, "But being tailed isn't exactly uncommon in my line of work. I thought he was just another goon waiting for me to pick up a package from a specific client. I thought if I laid low, he'd lose interest. They usually do. I didn't expect him to hunt me down..."

Owen's focus turned inward as he continued to pace, fruitlessly trying to fend off his timorous body. The scene replayed several times in the back of his mind whilst in motion, but now he was able to actually entertain it. He was almost certain that the man was a private investigator that his mother hired somehow, but wasn't sure of what to make of the second individual he saw, and the chaos that broke out in the following moments.

"That little canary?" Unable to completely hide the doubt in his voice as he went with Danny through the back door of the Lomax, remembering the brief meeting a few months prior, "If you're sure, man."

Now that his breathing had somewhat returned to normal, he leaned against the wall near the door, ready to leave if Danny's boss showed. It was then he realized that he was still holding the envelope that Mr. Donahue had been so determined to deliver. The script was in Korean, and even though it had been a while, was able read his name written boldly on the front with his mother's name in the corner, and the Chicago address underneath. Flipping it over, there was a faded sketch of a roundish bird on the lip of the envelope, and a reddish-brown speck on the corner.

Despite being on the phone, Danny must of seen him looking at it, and asked if he was going to open it, "Later," he said, folding it and sliding it into his back pocket, "We've got more important things to worry about, like where we're gonna crash, and how we're get our stuff out that place. Speaking of which, I imagine you'll have to keep your head low if the fuzz finds your stash," Owen paused for a moment, thinking about the last bit that Mr. Donahue had told him, "Hey, what do you know about The Emerald Pub? I heard rumors it was run by Porter's crew."

Last edited:
Brooklyn Payne
drink .gifBrooklyn smirked as Adam clarified that he wasn't working at the moment before he took a more serious tone which caused her to frown. He faked her out luckily and his smile returned. Hearing he had in Hell's Kitchen made her eyebrow raise slightly, her interest peaked. He then told her the area was shit but his place was pretty decent. Brooklyn was curious to know what he meant by pretty decent but didn't ask anything further on the subject. She wanted to know more about where he worked but she knew it would come across as strange if she asked more about it.

Laughing gently at his words, Brooklyn brought her glass to her lips with a smile. Once she set her glass down, she rolled her eyes, "Well don't you have me all figured out." She joked. "I am, in fact, from Brooklyn. Brownsville to be specific. 'The murder capital of New York.' as they say." Brooklyn shook her head, Brownsville was full of crime and gang activity. Brooklyn remember the nights she would stay awake hearing gunshots not too far off in the distance on almost a daily. "I bet you that pretty decent apartment looks like a fucking Upper East Side Condominium compared to what I lived in when I was young." Her tone was light and teasing but the truth behind it was real.

A small one bedroom apartment on the 1st floor of a old out of date building was her reality. Brook remembered specifically that no matter where they lived, there was always the iron bars on the windows. "Luckily I don't live in that area anymore, rather in the Theatre District area. Don't like to boast too much but my apartments pretty sweet." She smile her eyes giving him a long look over again before she reached for her glass.

"I work not too far from Hell's Kitchen actually. But I like to branch out in the city, try new things. And referring back to what you asked before about the hype...." She paused polishing off her glass before looking towards him. "I think the place is nice but the company is exceptional. Especially company who keeps buying me drinks." She winked, her smile growing flirtatious.

Knowing that she needed to steer the conversation in a certain direction, Brooklyn cleared her throat. "So, word is around the block that the Porters own this joint. What do you think of them?" It was a causal question, given that everyone knew about the Porters owning this establishment. She simply wanted to know what his opinion was.
with: Adam Misty Gray Misty Gray

Jackson McCarthy

thumb-jake-gyllenhaal-american-actor-2019-guys-hollywood.jpg
Jackson had been fully prepared to stand by as James meticulously turned Teddy's skin into a full-body suit, but the informant had other plans. While he had refused before, even at the expense of two fingers, he soon squealed like a pig once James came around the table with his carving knife. As the man relayed the information, Jackson's eyes flickered to James. He was still far from familiar with the layout of the city, so the whereabouts of the address and its integrity was beyond him. The informant could be lying, but if the man had any intentions of doing so, it surely would've started long before he took a meat cleaver to the hand.

As James stepped away, Jackson did as he was told and undid the man's chains, leaving nothing behind but red markings around Teddy's wrists. The guard, however, took his time tending to Teddy's wounds, seeing as it would take hours to bleed out from his finger stumps. They had no issue with letting Teddy sit with the pain.

After leaving the butchers, the group had planned on going back to the house. As for Teddy, no one knew how long the informant would be kept inside the freezer, at least not Jackson. For him, though, it didn't matter. The man had made his own choices, and while Jackson could quickly end up in his position one day, today wasn't that day. While he didn't have anyone at home to look forward to like most of the others, he was excited to slip into the shower and wash off the grime. Alone, he liked the shower cold enough to where each individual droplet felt like ice shards. It did its part in cleansing the malicious orb that engulfed him after partaking in such a wicked act.

He stepped out of the car as it parked outside the marvelous estate, somehow more outlandish than the one in Ireland. He let the others continue ahead of him, taking his time in the fresh air of the sunny afternoon. He took off his overcoat and draped it over his arm. With the outer layer off, the blood stuck to his close skin such as his wrists and neck, and disappeared before touching where his skin had met the outlining of the coat. It had left behind clean skin, sticking out of the t-shirt.

Jackson entered through the open front doors, to which he was promptly swept by the usual cluster of dogs. "Ah, you smell the piggies on me, I bet," he said with a smile, patting the closest dog on the head. With expecting no one waiting for him, he hadn't disappeared up the steps as James had. Instead, he entered the living room, completely unaware of who else was in the house.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James) Bellz Bellz (Blake, Natasha)

Last edited:
Lucy Porter
sad.jpg
Listening to what Conor did to the weasel was satisfying in away but she still felt angry and guilty for the whole situation. Hearing that Conor had arranged for Maddox to get Syd out was reassuring and Lucy couldn't wait to have her son back home where he belonged. Conor then went on to say that Dr. Parker had been doing everything for revenge. A concept that both her and Conor were quite familiar with. Wincing slightly as her brother mentioned their father's death, Lucy was reminded of the one thing in life she would always live to regret.

There was a long moment of silence as Lucy thought deeply about what Conor was asking. They were familiar with the loss of someone very close to them, they knew what it was like to want to have revenge on those who harmed their family. What Dr. Parker did could be seen as...well, normal. But Lucy couldn't get over the fact that it had been her son's life that was on the line because of Dr. Parker's revenge, that her brother could have been next.

Shaking her head softly, Lucy sighed, "You're not doing the wrong thing, Con." She murmured softly before moving her arms so she could hug his large frame. "Dr. Parker made the choice to carry out his revenge. He had a choice. He must face the consequences for his actions and what you are doing is perfectly acceptable." Looking out towards the empty office, Lucy wondered what James would think about this, using Dr. Parker to their advantage. If he wanted him dead, Lucy wouldn't stop him but they needed to get Syd out of the hospital first.

"You did the right thing. If I would have been in your shoes that man would have not lived to see another day and then Syd would be stuck in that damned place. So thank you." Rubbing his back gently, Lucy released him and offered him the smallest of smiles. "You look like you could use a drink, hmm?"
with: Conor Misty Gray Misty Gray

Blake McCarthy
Natasha McCarthy
tumblr_pgi7jjVaia1uu3whho2_1280.jpg
Blake had been patiently waiting in the main lounge with Natasha playing with some toys on the floor when front door opened quite a few times and the dogs got very excitable. Natasha, though very shy was also curious to see who was at the house so she made her way out of the lounge. "DADDY!" The girl then suddenly cried, Blake immediately standing to rush after the girl.

Natasha rushed to Jackson's legs, grabbing them and squeezing them as tight as she could. "Hi!" She said happily and Blake slowed down to a stop just a few feet away from them, seeing the bloodied mess that was her husband. "Surprise." Blake said, a small smirk forming on her face as she took in his full appearance. "Rough day at work?" She questioned before walking forward to stop right in front of in. Natasha didn't seem like she was letting go of him anytime soon so Blake just smoothed the girls hair back and smiled at Jackson. "We've missed you." She told him gently before leaning in to give him a kiss.

After a moment she pulled away, "Lucy decided to arrange for us to fly in, we've been here for a few hours now. Nat's been anxiously waiting for you to come home, as you can see." Blake murmured as she looked down at the girl still clutched to his legs. "I made sure everything was secure back home before coming here but we just couldn't stand to be away from you any longer. So here we are." Blake smiled before bending down to pick Natasha up in her arms. "Give daddy some room, baby girl. It looks like he's had a very long day."

Hoping that it wasn't his own blood on him, Blake gave him a nervous look before Natasha started to wiggle out of her arms. "I made you somethin'!" Natasha said, wiggling until her mother placed her back down on the ground. The girl ran off to grab the pictures she had made, leaving Jackson and Blake alone for a few moments.

"That's not your blood is it?" Blake asked seriously. "You know better than to get yourself hurt, Mr. McCartthy." She said in a teasing tone before the little girl returned with a few pictures in her hand. "Look!" Nat said, holding out the pictures for Jackson to see.
with: Jackson Enzyme Enzyme

Maddox Parker

yyuyu-png.672675
As Ani sat close to him, Maddox placed his arm around her waist and gently rested his head against hers. When she mentioned that Alistair wanted to punish her, he sat wide-eyed, concerned for what the man had done. Hearing that he'd been possessive towards Ani angered Maddox. Not only that, but it made him feel frustrated. He was supposed to be able to protect the woman he loved, yet he felt powerless against the likes of Alistair and Gabriel. It was upsetting to think he hadn't been there to help Ani, but even more so to know he wouldn't have had much chance standing up to the East Harlem lot.

Hearing how Ammon had been burned alive was sickening. He knew Alistair was a cold and brutal man, but the act he'd committed against Ammon was ever more extreme than he imagined possible. "Oh, Ani. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you until now. Those men are parasites..." he trailed off. As if the woman hadn't been tortured enough watching her own brother's gruesome death, she'd been ordered to clean the mess up too. He lifted his head from against hers to look straight ahead. "Okay..." he distantly trailed off. He then turned to look to Ani's face. "Then I'll be there helping you clean up," he assured her. He was struggling to comprehend how suddenly he'd gone from being in complete control to having to face so many messes at once. He knew the reason his own vengeful plans had unravelled was sitting right beside him, but he loved her and wouldn't trade that in for anything.

Maddox let out a deep breath as Ani frantically made it clear she couldn't keep working for Alistair and that she wanted to get out of it. Maddox remained silent for a short time before slowly shaking his head. "In all of this time I've been trying to fight one monster by joining forces with an even bigger evil. I don't know if I could ever forgive James Porter and his hitmen for what they did, but Jesus.. In my time here I've come into contact with members of Porter's family. Syd, Conor, Finn and Peter. Despite their affiliations, they're all humans with heart and conscience. Gabriel, Alistair, Stefano... I've never seen that with them. I'm starting to believe Gabriel would sacrifice his own daughter if it meant more power for him. Everything I hated about Porter's mob, Gabriel and the others are crueller and more guilty of."

Maddox took Ani's hands in his and looked her in the eyes. "I have no choice but to keep the act up. Until Syd is out of the hospital, I will have to put in overtime to keep Gabriel appeased and I know that might mean I have to do things against my better judgement but it's the only way. I only wish I could protect you and get you out of Alistair's claws in the meantime." He gently squeezed her hands. "As soon as Syd is out of hospital and Conor sees I kept to my end of the deal, you and I are getting out of here. We'll drive away and never come back to this god-forsaken city. I'm afraid too, but we have to keep fighting, Ani. Just a few more weeks, please?" he pleaded with her.

Bellz Bellz (Ani)

Syd Porter

1580615639948.png Although Syd understood Roxie's apprehension over stabbing her family in the back like he was suggesting, he was waiting for her to agree. To him, it was the only practical response and while of course the matter was in her hands, if she didn’t agree then he would just wait for her to deal with the problem some other way. Until she dealt with it, he wouldn’t rest.

Roxie’s reasoning didn’t convince him and Syd frowned, biting his lip as he wondered whether he should say what was on his mind. Then it came out anyway. “Repeating the same threat again and again doesn’t make it less real, it just makes it more frequent.” Syd wished that the man causing the problem wasn’t her father. Emotional attachments of any kind made it so much harder to accept the possibility that he wasn’t the person he had been claiming to be. Syd felt concerned that her judgement would be clouded, or that she would be in some way lenient or give him the benefit of the doubt. It was easier for him, having never met the man before - all he had to go on was what Roxie had told him in the past, and that wasn’t exactly pleasant.

Syd shook his head when Roxie asked for assurance on the investigation. “The mob have been around for decades, Roxie,” he pointed out. “We know how to carry out business discreetly. Chances of him catching onto any kind of activity are next to nothing.” Syd sent her a smile and placed a hand over hers, caressing it lightly as he waited to hear her decision.

The relief he felt upon hearing her agree to his suggestion was dampened somewhat by the knowledge that she didn’t feel safe, but he at least felt like they had gained an ounce of control now. “I’d never let anyone come after you or our baby. If anyone ever hurt you…” He trailed off then, reminding himself that the ‘anyone’ he was referring to in this case was her father. Despite the man’s position, Syd didn’t think she would appreciate hearing heavy threats against him. But inside, Syd fiercely held onto his judgement. After all that Maddox had done and the threat that had been hanging over him ever since he was hospitalised, he was angry and eager to be on top again. No longer was he going to be overpowered by the enemy. If anyone crossed his family in any measure, they were going to pay.

Roxie’s smile confused him, but he looked to her with an open mind, wondering what she could have thought of that would lighten the mood. “Your bodyguard should count themselves lucky,” he replied. “At least they get to spend time with you. I’d rather have difficult, hormonal Roxie than no Roxie at all!” With his words came an amusing mental image of her giving the bodyguard a hard time and he let himself smile back at her. “I don’t know if I have to stay here until I’ve finished my course of ECT or if I can complete it afterwards somehow, but I promise as long as I’m in here I’ll do everything I can to keep you safe.” Syd took both of her hands and brought them together, looking down to them for a moment as his expression grew serious once again. “I think about you so much in here. I think about you at work, at home, going through those early stages of pregnancy...Everything I’m missing. All the time that I’m losing, that could have been spent with you. Do you ever think about that?” He let out a soft exhale, stroking the back of her hands. “Let’s make plans,” he suddenly suggested, a spark of excitement in his eyes as they rose to meet hers. A tender, almost playful smile played on his lips and he cocked his head to one side. "Start with the day I come home to you… What's the first thing you want to do? Come on, I want specifics. I want to know what you're looking forward to, what you want. So, tell me the first thing." He kissed her hands. "Tell me the second thing. Tell me everything!" Syd's smile was warm and full of hope that had seemed to arise from nowhere, but he felt such deep affection for her in that moment that she became the only thing in the world that truly mattered.

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Roxie

James Porter

9454d3802f813de10c24157cc05e3763.jpgJames couldn't help but smile when Thomas said he can be patient, acknowledging it was a trait of his own and was pleased his son seemed to share it too. The boy then decided they should watch a movie, drawing an exaggerated sigh of relief from James. "Phew. Part of me was worried you'd go for the homework option. I'll leave all of that to brainy George," he remarked. James thought for a moment before sending Thomas a warm smile. "We'll have to check the TV guide and see what movies are on tonight." he told him.

The conversation took a sudden shift with Thomas shouting out Gwen's name. James looked to his sister and noticed how rough she looked. He grimaced at Thomas' comment and then subtly nodded when Lorelei berated him for it. James leaned into Thomas' ear but still spoke loud enough for Gwen to hear what he was saying. "Tip for the future, kid. Don't tell a woman she looks horrible. Seriously, they'll not thank you for it and you'll never hear the end of it..." he remarked.

When his sister reached the bottom of the stairs, James took a moment to study her pale and drained features. "Ah, well I've caused enough trouble for one day, so I decided to give myself the evening off," he casually told her. In all honesty, he'd had a rough day and spending time with his family seemed like the only way to cancel out his bad feelings. He rarely got time to relax at home and lately he was becoming more aware of the fact. "What have you been doing with yourself today, Gwen? You holding up alright?" he softly asked her. He didn't feel he could ask her direct questions given that the children were around, but she should know why he was concerned.

Gwen pointed out how busy it was around the house and James looked around. "Is it?" he asked. The only people he'd seen since entering the house were the three who were presently with him. "Do we have guests?" he curiously asked.

Bellz Bellz (Gwen, Thomas, Lorelei)

Danny Vaughan

1580770198070.png While the phone was ringing, Danny felt himself getting nervous about the chances of speaking to Savannah's family for the first time. He decided to concentrate on Owen instead, observing his body language. He was visibly shaken and had positioned himself near to the door as if he was expecting to have to run again. It made him wonder if someone had perhaps followed him to the club.

Owen chose not to open the letter yet, instead raising some points that the two would have to be concerned about, such as the security of their belongings in the apartment and the drugs that Danny kept in the apartment. He hadn't thought of that, and while he did his best to hide it, he felt himself beginning to stress out a bit. He had no idea how big the explosion had been or what state the apartment was in, but their neighbourhood wasn't the safest. If the authorities hadn't already found where he kept his personal stash of drugs or the load that he was responsible for distributing, he was sure that someone else would raid them. Either way, he was sure to wind up in trouble with someone.

Danny sighed, closing his eyes for a moment to collect himself until Owen started to ask him about The Emerald Pub. "I dunno, man…," he answered, dragging a hand down his face but managing to maintain a calm tone of voice. "Kind of people who go there are drunks, not drug addicts. I've heard Syd talk about it plenty, but I know he doesn't own it himself and I don't think he has a business partner. Wouldn't surprise me if his family owns it, though. Why you askin', anyway?"

Before he got an answer, the phone stopped ringing suddenly and an unfamiliar voice came through. Danny had almost forgotten that he had been waiting and was caught slightly off-guard. "Uh - yeah," he stuttered, looking over to Owen as though his friend might help him work out what to say. "Mr. Callahan, this is Danny. I'm a...a friend of Savannah's." Gesturing for Owen's attention, he pointed towards a stool tucked under the utility table in hopes that his friend would stop hovering and sit down. He began to retrieve his papers and weed and passed them to Owen, mouthing at him to roll up. "Is she there? Can I speak to her please? It'll only take a second, I promise. It's just, it's pretty important…" For a moment, Danny wondered if he would get away with asking the man for refuge outright, in case he hung up on him before he had a chance to explain what had happened. But in the end, he figured that that might just put him off him. Danny really didn't have a clue of the kind of man Savannah's father was, and considering he needed a place to sleep, he felt the need to make as good a first impression as he could.

Interactions
Fletchawk Fletchawk Owen
Bellz Bellz Peter
Misty Gray Misty Gray Savannah

Adam Harper
dywpwcuwsaamkg-jpg.676485
"Brownsville sounds like a wholesome place," Adam sarcastically replied to her comment about it being the murder capital of the city. "Well, all I can say to that is I'm willing to bet it's a gift to us all you got out of there unscathed," he added. When she mentioned her assumptions about his apartment, Adam laughed along. "I wouldn't go that far, but I like to think it would give some of those fancy folk a run for their money. It has a certain stylish flair to it and I'm a big fan of art," he explained, likely backed up by his many tattoos. "I'll take your word for it that you had the worst childhood. I didn't have much to complain about."

"The Theatre District? Well, aren't you lucky, Miss Brooklyn?! Jeez, now I do feel hard done by having to get around Hell's Kitchen everyday whilst you're living it up in your pretty sweet apartment," he teased her, chuckling as he spoke. "So, what kind of work do you do that gets you a nice apartment around there?"

Brooklyn pointed out how nice his company was, especially as it came with drinks. "I guess we were both lucky enough to be here at the same time. With a compliment like that, I don't have much choice but to get more drinks in." he told her. Considering her flirtatious behaviour, Adam wasn't about to put an end to their interaction so soon. It wasn't that he'd be setting out to buy his way into her bed, as he was finding her company refreshing and interesting, but if they happened to end up in bed together he wasn't about to have any reservations or regrets about it. They were both grown adults.

The woman then steered the conversation to the Porters, who were known to many in New York paying even a little attention. Whether good or bad, true or false, the mob had a reputation. Adam ordered a couple more drinks from Rachel before focusing back on Brooklyn. "Conor Sullivan owns this place, but yeah, technically the Porters do," he clarified. "Conor's a good bloke. I think all of the regulars here would agree that he's a generous and real fun to be around." The question was about the Porters in general and Adam wasn't ignorant to the fact she was asking about the mob. "Porters as a whole seem like decent people and a close family. They've got all kinds of reputations around here, but they haven't ever done me wrong and so I don't have a bad word to say about them... What's your take on them?" he returned her question.

Bellz Bellz (Brooklyn)

Ani Sarraf
Ani nodded her head softly as Maddox explained that he had to stay to keep his end of the deal with Conor. He pleaded to stay just a few more weeks and although every part of her was urging her to run, she knew she couldn't leave without him. "Just a few more weeks." She murmured weakly, taking deep breaths as she tried to calm her nerves. There was a dull ache radiating from her head and all she wanted to do was lay down and go to sleep until she felt normal again but she knew that wasn't likely to happen even when she got some rest.

"I don't want to go back." She croaked softly, squeezing her eyes shut again as tears filled her eyes. "To think that I thought this would turn out to benefit me in some way, god, I was so foolish. Now my brother is dead because of me." Squeezing Maddox's hands, she sucked in a deep breath before releasing it slowly, opening her eyes to look at him. "When I saw you with Conor...I thought it was over, that we weren't going to make it." Untangling one of her hands from his, she reached up to caress his face. "I can't tell you how much I appreciate your kindness and love. Without it, I'm afraid I would have just fallen apart. Thank you." Leaning in, she placed a kiss on his lips.

After a moment, she pulled away and looked at the clock on the wall. Every second she spent here was time being wasted to clean up the mess Alistair made down in the basement. A shiver ran through her body as she thought about what she would be returning to. "Alistair has made it clear that he's not afraid to use me against you...so we need to be careful." Ani paused a moment as she thought about her next words, "I'm not afraid of death though, just know that Maddox." Tracing her thumb along his cheek, Ani looked into his eyes before saying, "I would die for you." It was true, Ani would die for the people she loved. She was willing to put herself through torture or worse and that showed when she tried to exchange her life for her brothers. While everyone would probably agree that he was better off dead, Ani had always believed that even he deserved a better life and that's what she had spent all of her childhood and most of her adult life doing. Now that he was gone, she didn't really know what her purpose in life was.

Maddox wanted a life with her and that was something she wanted as well, but in that moment, that plan seemed so far in the distance that she was having a hard time imagining it. "I don't want you coming there with me." She whispered. "If Alistair returns, I doubt he would be able to keep himself from trying something sick with us. I have to go clean up on my own."

Roxie Carriveau
Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 3.20.54 PM.png
Roxie knew Syd was serious as he said he'd never let anyone come after her or the baby. His words trailed off but Roxie knew what he would do for her. To think that it could be her father who was a danger to her safety wasn't sitting right with her. Roxie still didn't want to believe that her own father would want to harm her in anyway physically. Emotionally, sure, he had a fucking field day with the torment but like she had told Syd, he was all talk. Or that's what she wanted to believe. Roxie let out a laugh as Syd said the bodyguard should count himself lucky to spend time with her. He took her hands and brought them together before looking down, his expression growing serious. Roxie's smile faded as he told her how much he thought about her, about what he was missing.

With a sad expression, Roxie nodded her head as he asked if she ever thought about those things. She definitely had, especially when she needed the comfort. Roxie was very independent but this whole pregnancy was new territory to her. Her sleeping patterns were off and she found herself often laying wide awake in the early morning hours, wishing she had Syd by her side. He suddenly suggested they make plans and the woman raised a curious brow. A playful smile formed on his lips and Roxie couldn't help but smile in return, that boyish smile was always so contagious.

"Okay!" She laughed lightly as she tried to think about what she wanted to do on the first day he came home. "Well, depending on when you get out of here. I have another OB-GYN appointment, which I was meaning to tell you about. It's around 13 weeks when we can find out the gender or at try to find out the gender. Doctor said that it might be too early but regardless I am going to need another ultrasound to check on the baby." Roxie turned her head to look at the sonogram picture sitting with the other pictures she had brought and stared at the little blob on the photo a moment. "It's going by so quickly now, I kind of wish it would slow down, ya know? Just so you can experience this with me." Turning back to look at Syd, Roxie offered another smile, "The second thing, I feel like we should probably go on another date. Seeing as we've only been on one." A laugh escaped her.

"I would also like to get to know your parents more. I just haven't felt comfortable going over there all the time without you. But I've spoken with your mother on more than one occasion and she seems very lovely compared to before...ya know, when she's not pointing and screaming in my face."
with: Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back