• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

ThomasYeagger

Professional meme saver
Hi there ! I'd love to 1x1 in such a world, and I can rp here on rpn, but I also have a group running for it, so if you're interested it's on discord ^-^

We're still recruiting ! The rp has just started and you can catch up quite easily ! We're only 4 so far, so yeah, you're welcome ^-^

The world is at war between the Dawn Empire and the Scarlet Dominion, a war that's been going on for centuries, so long that even the oldest elves or vampires don't really remember the reason it all started, yet the two sides seem unable to bring peace over their lands.
In this world magic is strongly related to the body, one can wield great power, but this might hurt them or if they are too weak they just won't be able to do what they usually could. This rule applies to almost all species.

The Dawn Empire is the alliance of men, beast men, and Magi's. It is led by a ruling council representing all races, which elects an emperor for life each time the previous one dies. The emperor has the last word but is expected to take the councilors advise into consideration.

Beast men are physically strong warriors, with great senses and reflexes, as well as a usually tough body. They are a people with their own culture, partly tinted of their animal side and instinct, and live now mostly in small tribes dispersed around the whole Empire.
Humans are the most numerous species in the Empire. They are fairly capable of using magic, and their strength is average, however they are limited by their weak and frail bodies in the use of strong magic. However, some humans sometimes have an affinity with one kind of magic that they can use easier than the others, making some rare chosen ones able to compete with stronger races.
Magi's used to be considered a sub species of humans, a sort of noble bloodline, who could wield great power. Magi's are, for an unknown reason, the only species able to use magic with no counterpart, and the feel and wield the natural magic around them. Elves are capable of something similar but also limited by the counter effect of magic, while Magi's don't need to bother about that. They have strong beliefs in natural order of things, which tends to have them be very passive, and use magic only when needed.

The Scarlet Dominion now, is composed of Elves, vampires and Dragons. They are barely an alliance, vampires being too chaotic, and dragons too fierce to follow orders of someone else than their own leader. So the 3 leaders of each race usually meet and decide together on the majority for what to do next.
Elves are the most numerous species of this side. They are very comparable to humans, except for their affinity with natural forces, as well as their greater longevity, which usually allows them to reach higher levels of mastery for what they train.
Vampires are now a fairly numerous people, creatures who feed off blood, draining the life energy and magic from their prey's body. Their strength depends mostly on their bloodline, a high born vampire might be able to compete with a Magi or even a Dragon in both magic and strength, while a low vampire would barely be stronger than a human or an elf. They are usually very chaotic beings, prone to using dark, forgotten magics even with heavy counter parts if this could help them achieve their goals. Dragons are the rarest people on these lands, and that is for the best.
Dragons are living natural disasters, beings who both possess a tremendous strength and amazing magic abilities. Their tough body allows them to wield incredible powers, while their strength alone is to be dreaded. They look exactly like one could imagine, their wings can reach 35m (100 ft) of span, but also have the ability to switch to a more humanoid form, making it easier for them to live in smaller spaces and interact with their allies. As dragons, their scales are too though for most kinds of arrows, spears and spells. This form only slightly weakens them, and their strong sense of a warrior's honor would, for example, have them fight a human one on one in their humanoid form so the human can reach them.

I think some rules should be given, I might add more depending if this post works or not, and people' s demands.

-You can be anything, from a peasant to one of the world's rulers, but,

-No more dragons, or Magi characters

-Half bloods are possible, but keep it on a chill power scale, a half high vampire half dragon just to be OP is no fun. And if you're a halfling from 2 enemy races, justify it with the backstory of your character please. And mhhh, for half obvious reasons halflings like dragons/human, or half magi, won't be accepted as they are very unlikely to exist :p

Last edited:
I would be very interested in writing a Dragon character. Do you think I could reserve one?

I would be very interested in writing a Dragon character. Do you think I could reserve one?
Sure thing ! First come, first serve I guess ^^
My own character would have had a story with a dragon in the past, DM me if you wish to hear more of that, and if not it's alright

Woohoo!

Can we possibly start a discord for plotting and world building, etc?

I rewatched Avatar the last Airbender recently so I'm on a big fantasy kick atm but I'm interested

Last edited:
I'm down for a roleplay like this! I have a few questions though:
•Is the goal of the story to establish peace between the two enemy parties?
•Can you be a mix of 2 races?
•What's the age requirement for a character?

I'm down for a roleplay like this! I have a few questions though:
•Is the goal of the story to establish peace between the two enemy parties?
•Can you be a mix of 2 races?
•What's the age requirement for a character?

Hi !
The goal isn't to stop the war, it's just a story that takes place in this setup.
As I said, you can be a half half yes, but it's also gonna depend on what mix you want ?
Age requirement would be adult, at least a teen

Hi !
The goal isn't to stop the war, it's just a story that takes place in this setup.
As I said, you can be a half half yes, but it's also gonna depend on what mix you want ?
Age requirement would be adult, at least a teen

That's interesting! I'd be down if you are still accepting. I was considering a human-elf character if possible.

What's the 'counter effect of magic?'
EDIT: Just negative effects to the body? 🤔

Because that gives meh an idea...
👏

If I can join, that is. ...May I? xD.

Last edited:
What's the 'counter effect of magic?'
EDIT: Just negative effects to the body? 🤔

Because that gives meh an idea...
👏

If I can join, that is. ...May I? xD.
Feel free to drop by on the discord yeah, the drawback of magic is indeed physical strain, to the point of coma or death if really abused ^^ it takes one to be in a good shape enough to perform a spell, and said spell will tire them out, very eragon vibe ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back